Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Welcome to my blog, visitor!
This is the place where I publish some personal information as well as interesting facts about science. I'll appreciate any suggestions and requests about what to publish (on PM please).
Feel free to ask me anything.
Rate this Entry

Smoke

Posted 02-08-2010 at 10:04 AM by Maya

02 Feb 2010

It is sunny. I am wandering around the town and I suddenly find a newspaper tucked in a stockade. I take it and enter a bar. There are two young men playing table tennis. Two girls are drinking cofee and talking enthusiastically about something. There's a plump man with his back against the counter. The barman asks him 'Would you like a glass of water?' and he answers 'Yes, thanks'. I spread out the newspaper and see an illustration of a young man, a woman with a baby in her hands and a little boy. They are smiling. They are standing in a huge coffin made of pale wood, situated upwards. The title reads "Dont bury your family! Quit smoking!"
I raise my eyes and see the plump man looking at me, smiling. Then everything suddenly changes.

It is cloudy. I am wandering around the town and I suddenly find a newspaper tucked in a stockade. I take it and enter a bar. There are two young men playing pool. Two girls are drinking alcohol and arguing heatedly about something. There's a skinny man with his back against the counter. The barman asks him 'Would you like a cigarette?' and he nods impatiently. I spread out the newspaper and see an illustration of a young man, a woman with a baby in her hands and a little boy. Their skin is wrinkled and pale and they are dead. They are standing in a huge coffin made of pale wood. The title reads "An entire family dies of chainsmoking".
I raise my eyes and see the skinnny man looking at me with his face straight. His skin is very pale, his eyes are red, his teeth rotten. He coughs. I realise everyone is smoking. The air is filled with dense blue fume. I suddenly feel I'm choking. I fall on the floor. The barman approaches me. 'Ye want a cigarette, too, besom?' He is smiling as I start spitting blood.
Posted in Dream Diary
Views 893 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Now here you've dreamed about two different situations, one the "good" or "before" situation, the other the "bad" or "after" situation. Dreaming the same thing twice but with such modified characteristics indicates some kind of choice or option in life.
    Now, as far-fetched as it may seem, smoking is actually a metaphor for being closed, afraid to let other people in or to get judged. So basically what I could make up from this dream is that you are closed about a particular something and insecure about whether or not you should open up about it. Therefore you have sketched two different situations and may be assuming the worst.