Sniper is a notable ranged carry, praised for his strong long range power. However, Snipe has fallen out of the competitive scene due to various reasons.
- Shrapnel slows and damages the target for 1.5 seconds after leaving the AoE (1 tick extra of the DPS overall)
- Headshot now stuns for .3 seconds at level 4 (up from .2)
- Headshot's bonus damage is removed, instead, headshot does damage equal to 3/4/5/6% of the target's max health
- Headshot proc chance is now a static 35% chance
- Assassinate restores 80/160/240 mana when it kills its target
These changes give Kardel more reliable and scaling damage overall. Shrapnel's increased disable power gives Kardel better team fight potential. The changes to headshot is more reliable into late game for damage and also scales better in terms of stun. Lastly, the buff to assassinate will encourage Kardel players to just stand back and assassinate enemies and still be able to maintain his mana.