Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
kennotlah

Default Am I my brother's Keeper? [Magina and Terrorblade]

In the beginning, they were brothers. Twin brothers with great dreams to become heroes.

In a twist of fate, both find themselves at two sides of a raging conflict that threatens to consume the entire world.
Act One: Hero
Scene One: Glorious Coming
Scene Two: Differing Clothes
Scene Three: Tactical Passions
Scene Four: Unbelievable Sight
Scene Five: Hot Spot
Scene Six: First Strike
Scene Seven: New Calling
Act Two: Plots
Scene One: Long Letter
Scene Two: Dark Meeting
Scene Three: Everything Thickens
Act Three: War
Scene One: Dark Betrayal
Scene Two: The Verdict
Scene Three: Teary Promise
Scene Four: War of the Beasts
Act Four: Prisoner
Scene One: The Woman
Scene Two: Ironic Despair
Scene Three: Ignorant Bliss
Scene Four: Missing? Memories
Scene Five: Prophetic Rescue
Scene Six: Unholy Temptation
Scene Seven: Dead Dreams
Scene Eight: Unseen Massacre
Scene Nine: Iliadian Pride
Scene Ten: Dead Discourse
Scene Eleven: Waking Sleep
Act Five: Bonds
Scene One: Why Fight
Scene Two: The Voice
Scene Three: Sunder Hearts
Scene Four: Policy Changes
Scene Five: Catching Game
Scene Six: Not Ready
Scene Seven: Huge Fight
Scene Eight: Paperwork
Scene Nine: Prison Break
Scene Ten: Spectacle Seperation
Scene Eleven: Break Out
Act Six: At World's End
Scene One: Sadness Madness
Scene Two: Transformative Despair
Scene Three: Tormented Souls
Scene Four: Dimmed Light
Scene Five: Changing Times
Scene Six: Breaking Worlds FINISH!

A/N: I would appreciate any constructive feedback and I will try to put up something every week. I would like to thank my bro, Anderson for being the most supportive friend I had.

Disclaimer: Of course, people who read many different books will see where some parts in this story came from. So sue me, if the authors are alive to do so.

Writing goals: I will finish writing at least a story on every character in Dota.

Ongoing work:Historia et Philosophia Politica DoTA
Take part in the new interactive storytelling Westfall, fight for your lives in the battlefield that is known as Westfall. Set in Post-COG Azeroth, play as any character you wish to be in this wartorn city.
Last edited by kennotlah; 01-24-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
kennotlah

Act One Scene One
“I learn in this letter that Furion is coming tonight,” Ezalor read.

“He is very near, not more than ten leagues since I left him,” the messenger replied.

“How many brave souls have you lost in this skirmish?”

“Only a company of treants and a few druids but none with great renown,” the messenger answered with great deference.

Ezalor pushed up his reading glasses and began to peruse the letter by sunlight that was streaming into his study. The study was a grand round enclave; the floor was made of highly polished marble with different coloured tiles set in large concentric circles, large ornate windows were set into the wall, heavy bookshelves stuffed with tomes encircled the room.

“I see that much honour has been bestowed upon his two sons. They have distinguished themselves in combat, ” He read out loud.

The messenger nodded in agreement.

“The vanquished number among the thousands in addition, they have slain so many of the lieutenants of the Scourge that the Frozen Throne called for a truce.”

“Excellent, excellent. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Though they are as young as lambs, they have accomplished feats of lions. Please, tell me from your own lips, how good are Furion's offspring?” Ezalor probed.

The messenger beamed at the honour and began recounting,“Sir, both show promise beyond their years and their exploits have so far exceeded the skill of any bard to do them justice. The elder models after his father in many ways save one - his mastery with the blade puts him ahead of his peers, who have styled him Terrorblade. Terrorblade is his name and by no other name should he be addressed.”

“The sight of him must be terrible?”

“No sir, he is very excellent in combat. Very handsome too.”

“No no no. Not like that. I mean to ask if Furion's firstborn is indeed a terror in battle,” Ezalor spoke, with a touch of exasperation.

“Ah yes sir, Terrorblade has won renown for himself with his agility. None have lived to tell the tale. Now all cower in fear of his blade. His ability to create replicates-”

“Conjure Image. The correct term is Conjure Image.” Ezalor corrected; the unversed are so irritating in their ignorance.

“Yes sir, that. With those images he could take on numbers greater than himself, for with his images, he could not only just engage a swarm of undead ghouls, he could crush entire hosts of ghouls and necromancers. Snicker-snacker! Large moonblades slashing, he is one to fear on the battlefield.” the messenger made huge slashing motions.

Ezalor arched back, avoiding the wild blows the messenger were swinging at an invisible enemy.

“Masterful, indeed he is warrior beyond the level of mastery. What of young Terrorblade's brother?” inquired Ezalor, eager to move on.

“His twin, sir. Ah yes, Magina – Never a pair of brothers so different yet so alike. If his brother is formidable, Magina is far more formidable,” gushed the messenger.

“How so?”

“His bright moods contrasts his brother's severe self-discipline and this makes him well-loved among the troops. He revels with the men while his elder brother would spend long hours training alone. Furthermore, he is quite a surprise; eschewing all the druidic magicks that his society has been using, young Magina is – how would you say it sir, that magic?”

“This?” Ezalor stood up, passed the letter to the messenger before he reached for a large tome and began flipping through it.

“Ah! I do remember now, sir. Pan Elemental Resource Vacuity Endlessly Regenerative Thaumaturge. The acronym is PERV-”

“Completely irrelevant. Irrelevant to this discussion, but nonetheless very interesting,” Ezalor raised his eyes from the large tome he was referring to.

“Are you actually telling me that young Magina has become become a being with an innate fountain of magic inside? That would make him a powerful force of nature...a gifted child whose talent can only be rivalled by the Magic Aspect” His grey eyes squinted sceptically.

“Yes sir, you could say that. Distance is no problem to him. I swear sir. Blink once, he is right beside the enemy, tearing their throats out. The necromancers' magicks cannot pierce the Magic Shield he wove around himself. Not to mention -”

“Enough enough, calm yourself. If I am not wrong, Magina must be one of your most valued sorcerer,” Ezalor said thoughtfully.

“You are indeed the most learned in the arcane artes, sir. Magina was often seen chuckling or flying in a furious rage when he releases spell bolts on his
foes, frying them into burnt crisps!” The messenger worked himself up into such a frenzy of excitement even Ezalor feared that the messenger would collapse.

“I thank you very much. Go, go and enjoy yourself. I have guests to attend to,” Ezalor put on a grandfatherly face as he pressed a month's wages into the messenger's hands.

The messenger's face broke into a cheery grin. Before he could thank his irate benefactor profusely, Ezalor shooed him out and shut the door on the
messenger with a huge bang.

With a little peace and quiet to himself, the Keeper of the Light leaned heavily on his staff and began muttering to himself.

“How strangely has the wheel of fate turned. Twins born to a twin. The younger one wields the powers of magic, not the older now. I do spy a tragedy in the making.”

While he was still busy with his thoughts, there was two glows of magical light and the familiar magical energies of a scroll of town portal filled the room.

Two handsome night elves stepped out. Both were the splitting image of each other, save for their garb. Terrorblade was dressed in a humble soldier's attire; a well-pressed ceremonial uniform. His large moonblades were sheathed in their polished scabbards.

His face was impassive and his demeanour was on the verge of being too stiff.

His brother could not have been more different. Magina wore the flamboyant robes and had a smile of a rascal on his face.

Before he could greet them, Ezalor sensed a compression in space-time being expanded. He turned around to see Furion, the Prophet by his side. The old druid was leaning heavily against his gnarled staff.

“At your age, I would not recommend that you would cast Teleport so many times. I can see the strain in your eyes,” Ezalor noted wryly.

Furion laughed and wiped off fatigue from his face,“Indeed indeed, I should listen to a dear old friend. I trust you have met my sons?” Furion said jovially.

“An honour, my honour to have met with the new heroes who battle the degenerate undead monsters. I do welcome you back from your admirable success.”

“The honour was ours, Keeper of the Light.” Terrorblade bowed.

“No problem, sir!” Magina gave a large and dramatic bow, magical energies burst around him in little fireworks.

So naturally and exhuberantly. I do miss the ambrosial fragrance of youth. Ezalor's wizened face cracked into a smile.

“Talented, very talented younglings. If you would excuse us, gentlemen, I would speak with your father for a moment.”

Both sages stepped aside and began speaking in low tones.

“Show-off. Can't you behave yourself in front of elders,” Magina's brother drawled.

Magina threw his head back. The elder Stormrage felt irritated.

Before his brother could reply, Furion and Ezalor turned back to them with jovial looks.

“I like the manner of your arrangements – Ah my sons, Archmage Ezalor here has kindly invited us to stay in the Arcane Library for a fortnight. I think in his heart he prays that some occasion may keep us here longer.” Furion and Ezalor laughed.

There was a look of dismay on both of the Prophet's sons. Magina did not care much for reading. He was sure his brother would rather beat up stumps of trees than to read.

“Now now, do not look sad. A library is not just a place for books. I am hosting a masque; a masked ball, tonight to entertain the heroes of the Sentinels,” Ezalor chuckled, ”Look! I have sent for two others of your race who have distinguished themselves in this war-” Ezalor rapped his staff at a tile. Immediately, there was a rumbling sound and the bookshelves parted, showing a polished oaken door. The door swung open and two night elves came in.

Ezalor directed their attention to two female night elves.

“Warden Shendelzare Silkwood as well as Warden Mortred, head of the Wardens who had re-established their Order and earned themselves good repute, instead of being the avatars of Vengeance.”

One was a lady, filled with sylvan graces, tilted her head. She was Lady Silkwood, one of the heads of the sisterhood of the Wardens. Standing protectively beside her was another with stern features. She had proud features and excellent military bearings befitting a Warden. Mortred Silkwood was the elder sister of Shendelzare and the more fearsome of the two.

“Charmed to make your acquaintance,” Terrorblade said smoothly.

“Our pleasure. Your name has already preceded you, Terrorblade, a noble warrior without any vice.” Warden Mortred extended her courtesies.

"I look forward to sparring against the legendary Warden Mortred, who is known for recapturing many dangerous individuals. Some say you have exceeded your predecessor in zeal and in skill."

Mortred chuckled and accepted Terrorblade's handshake.

Terrorblade eyed her with much approval. The head Warden is an elite warrior, this much he could tell from such a handshake. In that very handshake, there was that very hint that if she wanted to, she could take him down in a manner of seconds using a combination of armlocks and take downs. Not excluding the possible use of many of her hidden weapons.

"Leave your displays of strength till later, let us first enjoy ourselves," Furion interrupted with jovial sagely eyes.

Terrorblade quickly stood down, smothering the itch to spar with Warden Mortred. Warden Mortred did likewise.

"Come sister," Mortdred placed a gauntleted hand on her sister's shoulder.

Furion and Ezalor followed suit.

Magina sighed mournfully at their departure.

Turning around to his brother, he asked, "What do you think of Warden Shendelzare?"

"A dainty short thing for a warden. Her sister appears to be a better Warden."

"Is she not the most beautiful thing in the world? Or dare I say too beautiful?" Magina sighed. His thoughts rested on the beauty of her face and the curves of her figure.

Oh! What could describe her hair, those lovely tresses? What could describe the scent she wore, like a beautiful sash draped around her.

"She is the most normal and plain night elf that I have set my eyes on."

Magina groaned.

"Brother, you are like the most blind and insensitive - argh!"

"Hero, why are you like a gibbering monkey?" the Elder Stormrage teased, his eyes glinting in merriment.

"I can't - I can't -AHHH!" Magina clutched his head then he clutched his heart and clutched his head again.

"AHA! I see! Maggie's in lu-u-ve! Maggie and Shenzie sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes-"

There was a loud shout and Magina wrestled his sibling to the ground. There were noises of jostling and outbreaks of rude songs from the Elder Stormrage.

"We must stop already. No more." Magina panted, breaking off from the struggle, and trying to prevent his childish brother from pulling his ears .

"No more,” his brother agreed, the elder brother gave him a knowing look and continued, "Why do you look so glum, Hero? If you like the lady, then tell her."

"My courage fails me-"

"Bah! I would capture Lady Shendelzare Silkwood's attentions with my amorous tales. By the force of my charms, I would press her heart down into submission and then into it I would thrust all romantic feelings I have. When all this is accomplished, she would be coming to me with passionate frenzy and on her lips she would always moan my name. Hah! We could ride for hours together and discharge all burdens we carry. I would feed her docile face with fruit and I shall drink deeply into the cup of wine she brings up to me," Terrorblade boasted with most vulgar gestures.

"You speak like it's one of your vulgar duels. The men have been a poor influence to you," Magina frowned in disgust.

“Perhaps, but I see that it is the swift'est way.” the Elder Stormrage laughed.

“If you think it's so easy, then why don't you do it?” Magina retorted.

“Hum! You speak like one with a toothache. He who has a toothache has no one who can understand him. If I were to do it-” Terrorblade's face flushed with relish.

“Aha! I have a solution for you. Let me court that lady for you. At the masque, I shall be myself and sell your virtues to Lady Silkwood and wring out the answer if she loves you too. Once that, I shall pretend to be you and arrest her heart with many confessions of love which you, my weak brother, tremble to even whisper. This will be foothold into a lady's heart; the rest of the conquering would be easier from then on,” Terrorblade clapped his hand on Magina's shoulder.

“Can it be done?” Magina mumbled, trying to keep the anxiety out of his voice.

“Of course! How could I fail? I can see the wedding bells already,” Terrorblade said with great gaiety.

Writing goals: I will finish writing at least a story on every character in Dota.

Take part in the new interactive storytelling Westfall, fight for your lives in the battlefield that is known as Westfall. Set in Post-COG Azeroth, play as any character you wish to be in this wartorn city.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
Forceflow

Literary Award 
Default Re: Am I my brother's Keeper? [Magina and Terrorbl

Well this is a rather different spin for TB than usual on forums. He's like a dandy version of young Illidan. But did I get this right. The dandy in soldier clothes and the soldier in the 'flamboyant' outfit?

Don't know if you thought up that PERVERT thing by yourself, if you did, nice touch!
You also did a good job showing each characters personality.

Just two things. Firstly, some mistakes have slipped past your proof read. I'd give it a once over as a finishing touch. Secondly, whilst your dialogue is refreshing to some of the drivel we see around here; its almost all "dialogue," sentence, if you get what I mean. Try changing things around. You aren't writing a school play.

Well done though. It was nice to see something like this on these boards.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Fire525

Literary Award 

Can I just ask, did you get the ending part of this from Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare? It just seems to be similar.

That being said, the dialogue in this is very good. A lot of almost has a poetic feel to it, which suites the setting. I do agree with Forceflow however; try to stay away from having "Blah", he said. "Rah", she said constantly. If you only have two characters talking you can pretty much omit the names of those in the conversation after the first time. That's not to say that you shouldn't keep some of them, but others like this:
Quote:
Furion laughed and wiped off fatigue from his face,“Indeed indeed, I should listen to a dear old friend. I trust you have met my sons?” Furion said jovially.
Could have the last part removed (The reader knows Furion is speaking, and because he's laughed we know he's jovial).

However, other parts like this:
Quote:
“Show-off. Can't you behave yourself in front of elders,” Magina's brother drawled.
Should keep the ending part, as A) The reader doesn't know who is talking and B) It shows a bit of TB's character.

Other than that however, it's a good read, with a few errors here and there. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
-AvA-

Quote:
“He is very near, not more than ten leagues since I left him,” the messenger replied.
Isn't ten leagues like 30 miles/48km. That's still quite a distance if you're on foot.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:37 AM   #6
Forceflow

Literary Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AvA- View Post
Isn't ten leagues like 30 miles/48km. That's still quite a distance if you're on foot.
Would imagine it being a perspective thing.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
Strange_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by -AvA- View Post
maybe its near for a global teleport sonofabitch XD
Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
-AvA-

I guess I was being a little nitpicky

Anyway, one more thing I'd like to add:

Quote:
Quote:
“I see that much honour has been bestowed upon his two sons. They have distinguished themselves in combat, ” He read out loud.
It would be much better if Ezalor did not explain what it is he is doing. Cut a few things out and it looks alright.

Quote:
“Furion is coming tonight,” Ezalor read.
Quote:
“Much honour has been bestowed upon his two sons. They have distinguished themselves in combat."

Old 01-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #9
kennotlah

thanks guys for your feedback. the next scene will be up tomoorow, unless stuff happens. like a computer failure.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #10
kennotlah

Act One Scene 2

“Sister. You did remember that I left you for a moment to consult Archmage Ezalor on a certain issue?” Mortred whispered in a pained tone.

It was ridiculous actually, Mortred would never have been put up with such a situation if not for her sister's insistence -to try and squeeze into an impossibly small bright red lace dress.

“Breathe in.” Shendelzare yanked hard at the laces. Mortred gave a harsh gasp.

“Yes. Just bear with this lace dress, sister, it is after all good manners and polite fashion to turn up at a masque in proper attire,” Shendelzare said soothingly.

"I'll rather go in my ceremonial dress. This is so uncomfortable!"

"I suppose you can find another like-minded military fanatic like the Terrorblade. He'll be in his ceremonial dress and you two can dance with each other," Shendelzare said cheekily.

“That Terrorblade is such a pig,” Mortred muttered darkly.

“Why? He did look like a proper noble.”

“I have heard him talking when I went back. I hid myself to hear more. He speaks of courting you like hunting deer. He sounded like a predator. I do not approve of him. I left instantly in disgust. Sister, stay away from this wolf.”

“It is fine by me. I fancy his younger brother-” Upon seeing the sudden turn of her sister's head, Shendelzare hastily added, “-is a better night elf of course.”

Mortred's narrowed eyes relaxed.

She got up from the dressing table. The sisters were housed in a guest room with two beds and a large dressing table with a mirror. Their Warden robes and armour were tucked away neatly.

Mortred picked up a large hand mirror and begun with an acid tone, “If that pig dares to molest you – No, Shendelzare, if he even rears his head at you during tonight's masque, say that you are not you. Send that serpent to me straight and I'll teach him that the Wardens are not just full of pretty girls for the second-rate hero to sate his lust.”

Her eyes suddenly brightened, inspiration struck her like lightning. She suddenly looked at her sister with a very wicked smile.

"Change of plans."

Last edited by kennotlah; 01-29-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
kennotlah

Alright guys, its a short one. but wait for next week. It'll look better.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:14 AM   #12
Strange_Kid

oh hell, dont tell me its what I think
Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #13
kennotlah

Act One Scene Three

The evening sky draped over Morning Manor; soft and delicate hues of cloud clung on the ebony sky, the faint stars winked favourably over the manor.

Inside, the manor was bathed in the light of gently glowing magical lamps. Bards and musicians from all around the region were hired for the masque. Using their skills with the strings or their heavenly voices, music flowed and meandered like rivers in the hearts of the merrymakers. Heavy wafts of delicious food hung hazily in the air, mixed with the myriad of scents from every perfumed lady.

On the veranda, two masked elves stood huddled together in discussion. With a hawk-like gaze, they observed the swirl of the crowds like scouts looking out for enemy positions.

"Ready?" Terrorblade whispered.

Magina squirmed nervously. His brother laughed and clapped him in the back.

"The plan is awesome, because I am awesome. I'll pose as a mysterious stranger and check if she likes you or not. If she likes you, I'll say that you like her too and that is your cue to move in. If she don't like you, I'll make you sound like an excellent gentleman and a worthy mate until she'll like you. The plan is flawless."

Magina hoped it would go according to plan.

"It was excellent foresight on my part that I was watching their room when they came out. It can't even possibly go wrong, one sister in red, the other in ceremonial dress. Nothing can go wrong with my plan. Nothing." Terrorblade emphasized.

There was a change in the music. Signalling the start of the dances. The crowd clapped appreciatively and began finding partners. Nobles in various masks, some like a tiger and others like a furbolg, approached their glittering partners.

"I think I see her." Terrorblade put on his eagle winged mask and waded amongst the crowd. With severe indifference, he shoved aside many dancers in his way to approach a masked elven woman in a bright glittering red dress. She wore a beautiful mask of coiling snakes bordered by many-coloured plummage and her beautiful head was crowned with a fashionable feathered hat.

Terrorblade approached her with a gentlemanly grace and bowed low, extending a hand.

"Lady, Would you have me for this dance?" Terrorblade said briskly.

The masked lady took his hand and gave a high girlish giggle.

Terrorblade chuckled. This was easy.

In a far corner, Magina would have enjoyed the mirth and the music in the masque but he was too worried; could the worst have happened?

He raised a pair of opera glasses and kept watch over the progress.His brother was still speaking to her. But they were too far away to be heard.

He saw the masked lady cocked her head to one side and his brother nodding away. This was not the signal for him to move in and court Shendelzare yet. A wave of impatience came over Magina.

Why was his brother so slow? Does she like him or not?

"By Elune, what if she rejects me! Oh that I should die of shame! I would gouge out my eyes if she refuses to look on me anymore." he moaned and beat his head.

"You are a strange one. Why speak of death in times of revelry?" A cold forbidding voice enquired.

Magina swiftly put on his falcon winged mask and turned around. He saw that it was a Warden, dressed in full ceremonial armour. Her face was hidden by a fierce cruel visor.

"Warden? Your passion for your work is admirable; I see you wear the ceremonial dress to a masque," He greeted her.

“I am merely watching over my sister from afar. Might I ask , sir, why do you sound so sad?”

“I am crushed to death by love. There is this one who is an apple of my eye. I would die if I confessed my love and I would die if I do not,” He groaned.

“Tis' sad,” the Warden murmured.

They said nothing as Magina looked down at his shoes while the Warden stood still.

“What about you Warden? Does anyone catch your eye?”

She said nothing. It was almost as if she was shy. Unusual.

Suddenly, it occurred to Magina that it was also a good idea to ask the Warden about what she or Shendelzare thought of him.

“How do you view the younger of the Stormrage twin?” he asked.

“W-What? A f-fine warrior I would guess?” She was taken aback by his sudden question.

“Would you approve of him if he were to court Lady Shendelzare? That he were to start seeing her on a regular basis?” Magina probed warily.

There was a sharp intake of breath. “Are you Magina Stormrage himself?” She asked.

“NO!” Magina quickly denied, “I am merely one who is closer to him than a brother. I know...I've seen that he fancies Lady Shendelzare Silkwood.”

There was a tense moment. Magina could swear that he heard her croak. "W-Who is the one courting the lady in the red lace dress and wearing a large feathered hat?"

Magina fibbed, “Why, it should be the younger Stormrage brother,”

She gasped.

“We must save him. The fates are cruel jesters, Magina is headed to a trap! My own heart breaks if some mishap falls on him!”

Magina watched stupidly as the ironclad Warden dashed for his brother.

"Warden Mortred likes me?" Magina thought to himself in shock.

Last edited by kennotlah; 02-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
kennotlah

guys. please feedback on this scene. Is it very difficult to read this passage?

Old 02-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
ZeLover

Old 02-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #16
Strange_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennotlah View Post
guys. please feedback on this scene. Is it very difficult to read this passage?
don't get dishearted, we have more active writer than reader right now :/ (I am one of the few reader here XD)

one prediction since ch 2:
Quote:
mortred and shendelzare swap place
Old 02-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
-AvA-

Quote:
On the veranda, two masked elves stood huddled together in discussion.
Er...are you sure you're using the correct verb.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #18
kennotlah

Act One Scene 4

On the other side, a different kind of drama began to unfold.

"Come come now, I can see that you are Lady Shendelzare Silkwood," Terrorblade drawled.

"If you say so," the masked lady said coyly.

"How about we go to some place quiet. I have something to tell you," Terrorblade chuckled.

"Hee hee. Are you going to tell me more tales of your valour in battle? Or your deep passions, Magina Stormrage?"

"I daresay that I spoke the truth. I, Magina Stormrage swear this upon my undying love for you, " Terrorblade lied smoothly.

"I daresay there is not one wise man in ten would praise himself like you did."

"Your words wound me gravely lady."

"I will move away to stop hurting you. I'll move far away from you,” She replied saucily.

"I do love you and I'll follow you. Even if it hurts me so," Magina's brother chuckled.

They drew away to a balcony. The masked lady leaned flirtatiously against the carved pillar, her bright red lacy dress would have set many hearts racing, hugging too well to her body. A killer look, Terrorblade would say. Terrorblade searched his mind for all the neat tricks his underlings swore that worked.

"By my oaths, you are absolutely stunning under this gentle light," He faked an abashed tone. Yet he couldn't fake his admiration for her beauty. Already he could feel his heart swaying at the mere thought of such closeness.

"Thank you," she said too sweetly.

Terrorblade grinned from under his mask. He was surprsingly good with the female race. Better than he thought. Maybe his lusty bunch of men were right when they gathered around by the campfire and told long tales of their exploits. One elf swore by the gods that females would throw themselves at them if given the chance.

Maybe women do really crave for a manly touch. A naughty thought crept up to Terrorblade.

Clearing his throat, he spoke again,

"I think I hear good music to dance by again. Do I have the honour?"

"What a gentleman you are," She crooned, overly sweet.

"It is because you are like a princess to me." Terrorblade gave a large bow.

The savoury sound of stringed music permeated the air. Terrorblade took Lady Silkwood by her hand and drew her close to his chest. He felt her struggle uselessly for a moment. They were close together. He could feel her heart quickening. Terrorblade's grin curled upwards in triumph. He had won.

Perhaps a little memento for myself? Why not?

"Brute!" She exclaimed, beating away his naughty hands.

Before he could regret his actions, Terrorblade received the most excruciating blow that sent him reeling to the ground. The other masked guests stared at
the commotion.

"Taste the coup de grâce of the Wardens! You pig, you wolf!"

She flung her hand at his mask and crushed it. With her bare hands.

"I knew it, swine of a Stormrage. The so-called Terrorblade! Even though the Wardens may be the smaller than the Sentinels, that does not mean we'll be your whores!"

She tore apart her mask. It was Warden Mortred Silkwood and her brow was a deadly thundercloud.

Terrorblade's jaw dropped.

On the opposite end of the ball, Magina's jaw dropped. His opera glasses also dropped. He whirled around to face the masked Warden.With great trembling, he faced her and swallowed hard.

Twice his courage failed him but the third time he found his words. “Sweet lady, let me see your face.”

Magina felt a certain bravery. Certainty of doom settled on him.

“I do hope you are the other Warden Silkwood, whom I love with too much fear and trembling.” He mumbled and took down his visor.

In that moment that seemed like an eternity, she unmasked herself. Her face was radiant with delight.

"I like you too, Magina Stormrage."

“Elune. Elune. Elune.” Magina whispered, his eyes lighting up.

Magina threw his arms around her and wished for time to freeze forever.

“Hah! What strange things have I stumbled to this day?”

Magina's brother looked upon the entwined couple in wonder. Warden Mortred had bound his hands tightly and it seemed to all that she is a terribly lovely mistress who has had the Terrorblade leashed like a pet dog.

Magina and Shendelzare broke away from each other's intense embrace for a moment. Their faces flushed with delight.

The loving pair laughed when they saw Terrorblade strung up like a bird. A bird caught by Mortred.

“Sister, this has all been a merry mistake...”

Mortred gave her a dark stare instead. Shendelzare explained everything to her.

“Sister-”Magina entreated, “My brother is only being a brother to me and all he did was to help me approach your sister. I know he means not to hurt or in any way dishonour your family.”

Snicker-snack! The ropes that bound the elder Stormrage fell over.

"I am not your sister. Not untill you wed Shendelzare and earn my respect," Mortred said coldly. Clearly offended by the turn of events.

Magina's brother raised an eyebrow. Magina shushed him. Mortred turned up her proud nose. His pride injured, Stormrage leapt to his feet in protest.

“That B-” Terrorblade began cursing. In that swift silver of time, Mortred's face turned murderous and Magina, sensing great danger, rescued his brother.

“Beach! That beach by that remote islet off Theramore is an excellent place.

Old rhymes say:
The sun is bright
The skies are blue
The trees are tall
The beach is good

I think it is an excellent secluded spot that my brother is suggesting that we visit. First to visit the ruler in Theramore and the other to enjoy each
other's company especially in such times of peace,” Magina quickly added.

Then there was an awkward silence. Everyone's expressions froze. Magina wore a bad poker face.

“Nicely done,” Shendelzare whispered diplomatically.

Mortred's face turned more dour.

“An excellent proposal.” Everyone jumped. Furion was behind them, stroking his long green beard sagaciously. Shendelzare and Mortred gave a small bow to the respected Shan'do. Terrorblade nodded stiffly, his face expressionless.

Magina looked pale.

“It was idle speech. Father, we-have-work-to-do-” Magina said quickly like a small boy caught fibbing.

Furion nodded.

"There are times for play, times for work. My sons. I'll expect both of you at your druidic lessons- Even if you don't have the flair for it, you must still try. I have spoken with Ezalor, He agreed to pitch in to help coach you in your magical skills, Magina. As for-"

Terrorblade cut his father off in mid-speech. "Father if I may -"

All eyes turned on him. The elder Stormrage appeared completely relaxed, but faintly, everyone could sense the tension in him. An uneasy tension.

Terrorblade continued, "There are times for play, times for work. Father. Let us go enjoy ourselves. The war is already over. We can study later."

Father and son stared at each other.

Furion looked away first.

“Very well, enjoy yourselves. Take the whole month to enjoy yourself. Remember that we have a military exercise to prepare for at the end of this year.” Furion ended blandly.

Furion, turned away, his mind bent towards unknowable things. Mortred and Shendelzare stood by mutely. This was not their family's affair to meddle in.

Then, when Furion left them, did an inexplicable rush of relief come over them.

Mortred stared at them and left in a huff. Terrorblade did the same, not before congratulating his brother.

This left the two of them alone. Shendelzare and Magina.

It was sometime before one of them spoke.

"Whoa, your father...." Shendelzare started.

"Has high expectations right? I know. It is a good thing... I think," Magina said quickly, his face flushed.

"Wait a moment...This is only the start of the year..." Shendelzare noted.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
Strange_Kid

I WAS RIGHT XD
Old 02-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #20
kennotlah

Act One Scene 5
The night elven people are warriors of the forest. With their amazing panthers, their moon riders are able to traverse through the tricky forests and ambush their enemies.

Their enemies dreaded those nightmare moments, that from the shadows of the firs and pines, deadly metal sprang forward. Glaives that bounce and slay many in one strike. At night, they have the advantage of being unseen if they keep completely still. This made them a terror to fight in their homelands.

Terrorblade squinted his eyes. There was something wrong. They were outside their homelands. For miles and miles all around them, all he saw was the huge Barrens of Kalimdor. Tufts of tough grasses grew sparsely on the rocky plain. The sun-scorched landscape was unbearable.

The night elves under his command were sweating under their heavy helmets. Their weapons hung limply by their sides. Their eyes were filled with misery from this infernal heat. Even the air was distorted by the heat.

Did they come all the way to a hot and barren wasteland to train for a war that they would never try to engage their fighters in? What a waste of effort and time.

“Sir, your orders?” rasped one of his officers.

“We will set up camp here. Take up defensive positions and make sure there are patrols and post sentries to watch for any enemies. We are in a safe place to train, but I do not want any surprises.”

Terrorblade's throat felt dry. His tongue was swollen thick in his mouth. Already his patience was running out with the blistering heat.

A different voice spoke up, “Lieutenant, the healers are ready. Check your men. I won't be surprised to see that they are collapsing due to this infernal heat.”

Terrorblade turned around. It was Magina.

Magina was with them to provide magical support in their attack formation. Doubtlessly, the other mages and druids with him are no doubt resting under some house constructed by magic while his men are suffering under the scorching heat while hiding under makeshift tents.

“Lieutenant, follow my orders. Quickly,” Terrorblade emphasized through gritted teeth. Inside, he was seething. His soldiers are not so weak. Even though it was hot, they will not be conquered.

The young officer left quickly. Magina looked at his brother, with face was red like boiling lava.

“My soldiers are ready. Always and they will never collapse,” Terrorblade spoke defensively.

“Yeah, I'm sure about that. My own mages are already complaining about this infernal weather,” Magina said distractedly, “Father is at the headquarters. He is looking for all the commanders.”

Terrorblade nodded, silently cursing the infernal heat. In a blink of an eye, Magina disappeared. Terrorblade sighed and made a long trudge to the main tent one mile away.

When he arrived, he saw Furion in a meditative pose, a sign that he was walking the Emerald Dream. Around him, druids all fresh and perfumed were seated in a meditative pose as well.

Terrorblade thought of the tired eyes of his soldiers and the heat that is oppressing them.

He felt a white-hot wildfire thrash about inside him and quickly suppressed it. Only the masters of martial arts would notice the tightening of the sinews in his neck and the slight curling of his toes.

Suddenly, the eyes of the druids sprung open and even Furion seemed roused from the Emerald Dream. They looked at Terrorblade quizzically.

“What are we doing here training in this area? Terrorblade demanded. "Father?” he quickly added, just remembering to greet his elder in time.

Straightening himself, Furion replied with a straight face, “We are readying our forces for the fight against the Scourge. While the armistice is a period of
peace for both sides, we only know that it is a breather before they strike again. I do not trust the Lich King to honour his agreement. When he is strong enough again, he will start war again.”

“Still, why are our brethren fighting in this hot weather when we will never attempt to send them -”

“Enough. Don't question me. Leave us. We have more important things to discuss than to complain about the weather. Nature won't be manipulated, not even if we can do so.” Furion said severely.

“Father -”

“Leave us. Now. Captain.”

“Then I'll go prepare the soldiers,” Terrorblade said blandly. His face was inscrutable. He saluted and then he left the tent.

Then there was an explosion of murmuring inside the tent.

One of the druids turned to Furion,“Shan'do, while we were in the Emerald Dream, it was a very strange thing we saw. We are very sure that your elder son appeared as if he was a beacon of immense power."

"Not a comforting light this one is. Intense and unyielding."

"What could it be shan'do Stormrage?"

"Could he be the chosen one? The one capable of eliminating the Scourge?"

Furion bent over. A shoot sprung up where his elder son once stood. It was surprising to find any vegetation in such a wasteland. It was the plant called the Cholerica, marked by angry red streaks along the grain of its stem. Cholerica was a plant with powerful properties, if it was eaten on its own, it causes severe burns to the innards. Consuming it with tzedek gives immense determination and endurance. Furion plucked it and pondered over its significance.

Furion's eyes closed as he entered the Emerald Dream once more.

The world went green and he still held on to the Cholerica. A normal plain plant.

That was truly amazing in itself. In the Emerald dream, Furion could reach out to all kinds of plants in his spirit form and find that actual living beings are there. With their thoughts. Their hopes. Their dreams.

Yet this plant created by Terrorblade did not respond to Furion. It was treating the druid as if the druid was a mere human and it was a normal plant.

Furion knew the only way he could find out what it meant. If one cannot find something by looking deeply for it, he must look even deeper for it.

A dream within an Emerald dream. To find the unconscious in the conscious unconscious.

Furion lay down within the dream and coaxed himself to sleep, focusing all his thoughts on the plant.

Gradually he let his spirit form permeate into the plant. Become one in understanding with the plant.

Then he saw himself, an aged man drifting on a sea. A sea of pristine blue and shimmering black. A sea that turned dark and green bolts flashed from large heavy columns of dusky clouds, like the iron chariots of the thunderers. There was a loud wind and the sea stilled.

He felt that tug in his heart and he saw his family smiling. His spouse and his twins.

The aged druid shook his head. His beloved spouse was no longer with him.

Indeed, her lovely face, a beautiful face from her youth vanished into the dark.

He looked for his sons.

The faces of the twins briefly smiled and turned to face different directions. They too were gone.

Then he saw himself, an aged man drifting on a sea. Alone.

Furion knew right there and then he saw far beyond the meaning of the plant. What he saw belonged to a place where dreams and time entwined together.

He saw the future. A possible future among the futures.

Terrorblade had immense potential and yet he is in need of good guidance.

When Furion opened his eyes, he greeted his fellow druids with a sober tone, “Brothers, I agree with your judgment. Perhaps my own son has found his calling at long last."

Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #21
Strange_Kid

INCEPTION!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #22
kennotlah

Act one scene 6

"I see no problem with that plan. We don't want to train here too long. In fact I like your idea," Magina addressed his aide, whose face was in a deep shade of sunburnt violet and violently mopping at his face.

They were in a large magical tent, Magina drank deeply from a flask of nectar wine. It was like a bubbling spring cascading down one's throat. Magina gave a sigh of relief. His aide drained another glass of the ice-cold ichor.

"Magina, I'm just afraid that your brother and your father might not like it? When the mages came together, we thought that this place is simply too hot to train for too long. nonetheless sir, we are sill willing to do what needs to be done if you feel so," purred the aide.

"No no no. I like your plan. I don't plan on staying in this place any longer. Father is away for whatever stuff he has to do and my brother can be coaxed into any plan as long as the majority appears to like it." Magina answered back loudly.

Final Brief. Four nights before Exercise.
"This training is called Securing the Well. The objective of the this training is to better equip our Sentinels to fight in hostile terrain. Our objective is to secure this magical well from enemies in the fastest possible time," Terrorblade read from a sheet of paper.

The instructions came from his father's runner. Furion was too busy to tell him in person, instead he wrote down instructions for his son to follow and left to convene a meeting with the other races.

It was the first time Terrorblade was speaking to so many officers. He intended to impress them and had spent an afternoon rehearsing everything.

"Our fighters would charge for the well and secure it and prepare to fend off any enemies. Our mages would support us by casting their defensive spells in here."

Terrorblade moved his carefully crafted pieces with precision. They have to be on the exact location as reflected on the map.

The commanders sounded impressed. Terrorblade felt a distinct pride.

"I disagree, brother."

Terrorblade looked up, annoyed at the interruption.

"Anti-mage, this is the plan. The objective is about getting our soldiers to be able to fight in this terrain," Terrorblade gritted his teeth.

Magina stepped forward and pushed all his painstakingly placed pieces one side and rearranged it.

What was his brother doing? Didn't Magina know that he was trying to follow orders given? Why was he trying to flagrantly disobey orders? Why was he trying to mess up his presentation!

"Brother, this is quite simple. When we see an enemy encampment, my mages could just bombard the whole area. Their men die, their commanders die, everybody die. We end training and pack up," Magina flippantly moved the pieces around.

Terrorblade's face darkened. Inside, he fumed. The way you put the pieces, it means that our soldiers positions are twelve leagues apart. Watch how you are handling that soldier piece. It's my brigade you are touching!

"That is not the point. What if you run out of mana before our forces reach the well?" Terrorblade fought down his emotions.

"Bro, You still don't get it. Let me give you another example. If we even see any enemy forces there, my mages could just bombard the whole area. Their men die, their commanders die, everybody die. If we run out of magic, we can use some of the magical energies at the well to stock up and prepare to defend."

It made Terrorblade very irate.

"That's Captain to you Anti-mage. Watch your tone, Anti-mage. I am your superior and I am not your brother here. Also your plan to bombard the whole area has a side-effect. You'll reveal our positions to all scouts who are watching. They might escape after the first volley and regroup and counter attack. We might not even have magical defense to help us."

"You still don't understand. We have the well to refill our magical energies and if they come back we'll just repeat the method. Let me give you another example -"

Irately, the commanders listening spoke up.

"Sir, your mages could just bombard the whole area -"

"Their men die-"

"Their commanders die-"

"Everybody die-"

"See! They understand the plan!" Magina declared, geturing at his soldiers.

Terrblade wanted to bash his own face in with embarrassment.

"Sirs! If I may," it was a woman's voice, cold and forbidding.

It was enough just to see the glint of her armour.

Warden. Mortred. Silkwood.

Both brothers gulped. There was a whimper heard. A snort of derision was heard from the audience. Only to be silenced by her stare.

"This is a training exercise. There are no enemies to kill. Only mannequins we put up there. There is no magical source to restock your magic, just a dried
up well to act as it. Would you just stop quarrelling and execute the plan Furion gave us?" Warden Mortred said irately.

Magina wet his lips, sweat broke out on his violet visage. He didn't dare to say a thing.

"Gentlemen, we have come into an agreement of sorts, now go back and prepare your men," Terrorblade spoke quickly.

There was no argument and everyone was sent back to their tents. Only Magina, Terrorblade and Mortred were left staring at each other.

Inside the elder Stormrage's mind, gears were churning madly.

Why was a member of the Wardens in a Sentinel Excercise? Are they here to arrest someone?

Mortred smirked and left.

Magina stood up and said, "Captain, just do what you will. I have more serious issues to take care of,"

Terrorblade slammed his fist against the table. His face was carved with rage and wounded pride.

Terrorblade's weary sand-caked face peered out of his position. Faintly, he could see the outline of the well. THe wasteland was a huge plain. Moreover it exposed anybody or any armies on this place. A nightmare to defend or to set an ambush. No defensive advantage and no place to hide in.

His men were crouched behind him, waiting for orders. Their violet visages ran with sweat while they clutched their weapons. Magina's mages were waiting behind, fanning themselves and looking frustrated.

They were waiting.

First light broke.

"Follow me."

Terrorblade charged, large moonblades slashing. Immediately he felt something wrong. The ground was rumbling. Huge carrion beetles burrowed out of the ground and lunged straight for his face. Terrorblade froze in shock, his defense momentarily dropped.

His face was exposed to its deadly sharp pincers. He would die. Ignobly.

The beetle latched on his face. He felt that sharp pincer feeling for his soft eyes to gouge out.

Instantly, Terrorblade raised his blades and cut the beetle down.

Terrorblade pulled off the dead beetle from his face. It was the size of a wolf. It was a nightmarish scene. Mounds and mounds of beetles swarmed out of the ground, attacking his men.

Bloodcurling screams filled the air as the elves scrabbled at the dust to get the bugs off them. Impossible. This was supposed to be a safe training ground. Where did all the enemies come from?

Terrorblade leapt after his lieutanent who was howling with many beetles attacking him.

The body of the unfortunate elf shuddered and fell over in pools of blood. Terrorblade cursed in disgust. He slashed hard at the beetles, but they avoided his blades.

Too slowly. He needed magic. Something to destroy his enemies fast. But he had no magic only his image conjuring tricks.

Magina and his band of mages hurried from behind, blasting away thosed carapa'ced fiends. Just the sight of his brother stirred something in Terrorblade. It was as if something dropped out from under him.

I should be the one who saving my men with my power.

Terrorblade had no time for second thoughts. He brought down his blade on another of the fiends. He noticed that his brother was casting a spell. Magina's eyes were overflowing with auras of the energies he was wielding.

The battle was over in that moment.

Magina molded the magic into the form of a huge blade, glimmering and shimmering within a vortex of energies. Magina hoisted it up high like a flag standard. The brilliance from such a blade ceased most of the fighting as both sides stared at the magnificent blade.

He drew a breath and exhaled - the energy blade shattered into a million pieces and went stright for the enemies. Every beetle was pierced, skewered and stabbed by the flying shards of energy. The men stared in amazement as the beetles assaulting them fell off.

Terrorblade knew it for what it was. Shawa o l'acier - Shower of Steel. An elementary spell for combat mages, but no one could craft it the way Magina did. It wasn't just any normal magical energy being used. Magina used mana-burning energies to destroy these beetles, the impossible feat of using magic to contain anti-magic.

The bodies of the beetles fizzled out in an instant.

"They are magical contructs!"

Someone had to be controlling them. Who?

A loud voice called out.

"Do not let that elf escape! He is a spy!"

It was Mortred. She was sprinting after an escaping figure. Terrorblade followed suit. The escaping elf aimed a few arrows at them but they fell short.

Terrorblade snarled and gave chase with all his might. Mortred was even faster. She drew a dagger and it hit the escapee on the shoulder. In a flash, she was by the elf and she pinned down the elf with a powerful armlock. Terrorblade was a few steps too slow again.

"Finally, I found you. Clinkz. After hunting through among our ranks, I have found you," There was murder in her voice.

Terrorblade ran to her side and watched as Mortred tore off the violet flesh mask from the deserter's face. It was the face of the blood elves.

"Clinkz the Fletcher! What did you take? Who sent you?" Mortred demanded.

The white-faced elf had a crazed expression in his face as he answered, "In the end all will bow before the one true king."

Mortred threw Clinkz down in disgust.

"He'll tell us everything after we interrogate him with my methods," Mortred said menacingly.

Terrorblade looked all about him. He saw a large beetle in the distance watching them. It was way too large to be called a beetle. Rather it was the size of a Nerubian. Almost imperceptibly, almost incredibly the Nerubian nodded at Terrorblade, sending a chill down his spine. The next moment, it disappeared with the wind.

Terrorblade shook off the feeling. He must be hallucinating.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #23
kennotlah

Strange_Kid, thanks for reading! One more Scene to the end of Act One

Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
Strange_Kid

you're welcome lolz.

I don't understand how a wolf-sized beetle would latch to someone's face ._. and to cut a beetle at your face with a moonblade is a bit hard to imagine. The rest is good.
Nice chapter as always

Quote:
one witness him blend into the frozen tundra never lived to tell the tale.
next chapter Terrorblade die? D:
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
ZeLover

Old 03-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
kennotlah

Act One Scene 7

Magina! Magina! Magina!

Terrorblade was in no mood to join in the festivities. he didn't feel like it was his victory. Instead, he sat cross-legged in his tent, writing up reports.

Outside, dancing figures around a fire threw long shadows flickering across his tent.

A tent not set up by magic. But by the toil of his men who worked together fitting poles together, throwing heavy canvas cloth over it. What is the value of magically set up tent?

There was the heavy sound of lifted cloth.

Magina strolled in with a cup of nectar-wine in his hand.

“What is it now?” Terrorblade growled.

"Brother, come and eat and drink with us! Celebrate this victory!" Magina exclaimed in a tipsy smile.

“Congratualations. You are using your gift with much better skill. Eventually you will surpass me, young Hero.” Terrorblade spoke quietly, scribbling more words on the report.

“But Father dislikes this. He'd rather I pick up his boring magic gardening skills than practice the same sorcery he claims led uncle to the dark side,”
Magina pulled a face.

“Still, better is better. You have bested far more enemies than I did in combat. Hero,” Terrorblade said stiffly and scribbling some more, his hands gripping the quill too tightly.

Frigid silence cut through the air. Magina looked bewildered.

If the elder Stormrage was ever angry at his brother, he would scold him or smack him. If Terrorblade was sad, he would be in a deep meditative stance, brooding.

"What is the problem?" Magina slurred.

Hs twin brother ignored him. Magina snapped. He snapped his fingers. A tiny magical bolt zipped around and the quill in his brother's hands crumbled into
ash.

Terrorblade drew his moonblade threateningly at Magina, the point pressed his neck. For a terrifying moment, Magina thought his head was going to roll off from his body but instead a mask of calm was worn on the elder Stormrage's face.

Then there was a crackle of power. Magina sensed it, a power different from his own, supercharged the air around him. Magina shivered. Terrorblade sheathed his blade, the anger that briefly flared in his eyes were replaced with coldness.

Impossible...Only he knew how to use magic.

Magina willed his heart to slow down. He watched numbly as his brother noticed something growing on the ground and picked it up.

It was a Snowpetal. That gentle delicate flower frozen by the snowy blizzards on mountain peaks. That frost-grown flora would only blossom after the harshest of blizzards passed. Its fate is a lonely one, it blossoms alone and is without family or friends until it dies with the rising of the sun.

Magina knew what it meant.

This flower is a crystalization of my brother's feelings.

Magina stared at his brother numbly, his tongue and his words tied up in knots. What could he say? What should he say?

Terrorblade lifted the flower to his eyes and gazed it. Gently, he began to recite,

There is no hate, only joy
Bless'd thou art among men and lords
Hero of the dawn, Healer of realms

My days are over.
My hopes have disappeared.
My heart's desires are broken,
And I am but a shadow of my broken self.

In his hands, the snowpetal wilted and its preciously brilliant petals fell, crumbling.

"Lamentless Wake. You've always liked that poem..."

Terrorblade looked away.

"Aren't you glad that the day is won?" Magina pressed.

There was no reply.

"WHY WON"T YOU ANSWER ME?"

Fierce eyes looked back. Tensions rose-

"Magina?" a sweet little voice enquired from outside the tent.

Magina battled the confusion in his heart. Should he stay and talk to his brother? Or go out to his beloved?

Suddenly Terrorblade laughed, "My dear Magina, you cannot be always torn in two. You would have to choose to fall in love, leave the family, find your
family. Yes and if you have to go. Leave."

Magina had a pained expression as he left the tent. But there was a light skip in his step. Terrorblade watched the shadow of his own brother approach
Shendelzare shyly and take her hand.

Suddenly, the elder Stormrage felt very hollow and empty. He looking at them with a longing look.

"Is this love, that once you have it, it is a burden. Once you don't have it you become lonely?" Terrorblade sighed, turning away. Terrorblade thought for a moment before he threw himself into his reports again.

Before he could do that, Terrorblade sensed that compression in space-time. The very characteristic of Furion's Teleport.

Light erupted, accompanied by a low drone of humming incantations. Terrorblade shielded his eyes. When the glare died down, then did he look.

The archdruid was standing before him, dressed in his humble garb.

Immediately Terrorblade stiffened and greeted his father cordially.

"Father, what brings you here?"

"I have heard your brother did a good work this day as well as Warden Mortred."

Terrorblade's cheeks flushed for a moment. His name was not mentioned. He waited for that tone of disappointment.

"It is a pity that my sons are not using the druidic powers to serve their people. Magina plays with fire by wielding the arcane magicks our people have sworn off. It is a good thing I still have you-"

Terrorblade looked up, surprised.

It was rare to hear his father favoring him over Magina, to top it off, there was that look of pride on his father's face.

“My son, it appears that you have immense power over the forces of life. You have possibly become one of the greatest warrior we have against the Scourge."

Was it delight surging through his heart? His father has finally recognised his ability. Seeing him as an equal?

Terrorblade looked into his father's eyes. They were eyes filled with pride.

"You might be suitable to be a part of the druidic order after all. Finally my son can carry on my legacy."

Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #27
kennotlah

Alright. That's it for act one.

Thanks for your support so far.

Act Two is coming up.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #28
Strange_Kid

nice job
Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #29
Kriegskanzler

Suggestion Award Literary Award 

Hello there. Before I begin, I'd like to tell you that I like to be honest with my reviews, so much so that they may sound sharp at times. Please note that I ddin't mean to offend you in any point of my review so take my word with a pinch of salt, ok?

Oh, and I tend to type WoTs when reviewing. If I'd type in 300 words or less then my review may turn out to be half-baked praises or rude rants so bear with me.

Now, I've only managed to read the first scene of the first act of this story. I haven't the liberty of reading all your work in one go so you would have pardon me on that one. And, if I may be a bit blunt, I wasn't really hooked to the first scene of the story. Here are some points I'd like to refer:

1. One of the reasons my attention was not fully captivated is the lack of a background setting. You didn't indicate where they are, what the weather was like, was the place cold or hot, what the two people (Ezalor and the messenger) were wearing, etc. Things like that are not just for show. They're there to give the reader a complete picture of where the setting is. You decided to immediately go to the conversation, which isn't a bad thing, but to continue with this line for four paragraphs before describing the setting may leave the reader in the dark for too long. Let me cite an example:

Quote:

“Only a company of treants and a few druids but none with great renown,” the messenger answered with great deference.

Ezalor pushed up his reading glasses and began to peruse the letter by sunlight that was streaming into his study. The study was a grand round enclave; the floor was made of highly polished marble with different coloured tiles set in large concentric circles, large ornate windows were set into the wall, heavy bookshelves stuffed with tomes encircled the room.
Notice that the setting was left to the imagination of the reader in the beginning conversation, and to let this go on for too long would make the reader take over the setting formation. I actually thought that Ezalor and the messenger was inside the hall of a castle, with Ezalor sitting on the throne. Turns out my guess was wrong. This takes me aback and forces me to re-imagine the scene with your description, only because you told of the setting a bit too late.

If I may suggest a slight modification:

Quote:
“It seems that Furion is coming tonight,” Ezalor read from a parchment he held at eye-level as he sat in his oak desk in the middle of his study. His study was a grand round enclave; the floor was made of highly polished marble with different coloured tiles set in large concentric circles, large ornate windows were set into the wall and heavy bookshelves stuffed with tomes encircled the room.

Notice the difference? By moving the description of the setting into the first paragraph, you immediately give the reader a view of the place, without having to sacrifice your writing style, which was to delve onto the conversation early on.

2. If you want to set the conversation tone into an archaic one, then please make sure it stays there. Don't suddenly move into informal speech without some sort of signal. It throws off the reading momentum more than you think. Look at this one here:

Quote:
Turning around to his brother, he asked, "What do you think of Warden Shendelzare?"

"A dainty short thing for a warden. Her sister appears to be a better Warden."
Both Magina and Terrorblade, despite their clashing personalities and somewhat childish behavior (You managed to do that, yes, despite the semi-formal speech tone. Nice work), their speech is still formal, or at least structured. Suddenly, you give this two paragraphs later:

Quote:
"I can't - I can't -AHHH!" Magina clutched his head then he clutched his heart and clutched his head again.

"AHA! I see! Maggie's in lu-u-ve! Maggie and Shenzie sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes love, then comes-"
The tone changed completely for both characters. It's as if from Game of Thrones, I'm suddenly reading Shonen Jump. Look at Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Animorphs, Kingdom Keepers. The characters in their change their moods but not their speeches. Harry, when joking, will give an interjection here and there but will still sound like Harry. There'd be no turnaround of his speech syntax.

What if we retain the speech syntax? Let's see here:

Quote:
"I can't..." Magina clutched his head, then he clutched his heart and clutched his head again. "AHHH-!"

"Ha! Look at that! My little brother's in love?! Really, now! Magina Stormrage, Hero turned heap of mushy cotton over a lady elf?"
True, the sentence sounds overkill, but the syntax remains.

(Yes, this point also applies for that P.E.R.V.E.R.T. acronym.)

3. A good point I see in your work is the diverse personality of the twins. As I've already mentioned earlier, you've managed to portray the clashing personalities between the twins without taking on the stereotype. My point is clearly seen here:

Quote:
“The honour was ours, Keeper of the Light.” Terrorblade bowed.

“No problem, sir!” Magina gave a large and dramatic bow, magical energies burst around him in little fireworks.
From their intro, the difference was already starkly notable but was inserted without force. The intro of the two characters was smooth, and their personalities showed even without the use of an exposition.

This was the high point of the text, your ability to enter a character and immediately give the reader a glimpse of their personality. But don't overdo this, lest you lose speech syntax and you'll have the point # 2 problem again.

Apart from these points, there are some grammar issues here and there but that would be nitpicking. Just watch your punctuation and your tenses. They don't seem to be your strong suit.

The premise of the story is missing, i.e. there's no visible plot yet, but it ensures a diverse pool of developments. That skirmish Ezalor mentioned, what was it about and how could it help in plot development? The warden elf, and why was her introduction so brief? These are all potential points that could turn out big, so I guess I'll be looking forward to reading more of your work.

P.S. Don't assume that the reader know the actual WC lore (even if they do). Refer to each part as if its new, if you have to mention it, e.g., don't assume that each reader knows the history of Furion and the wars he suffered through. If you want to highlight a specific part of his history, then ease it in and note it.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #30
ZeLover

[DOUBLE POSTED] GATEWAY ERROR FTW.
Last edited by ZeLover; 03-07-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #31
ZeLover

Bless'd thou art among men and lords
Hero of the dawn, Healer of realms

My days are over.
My hopes have disappeared.
My heart's desires are broken,
And I am but a shadow of my broken self.

Wait a sec... That reminds me of something.. "FF7: Crisis Core"?

For you are beloved by the goddess
Hero of the dawn, Healer of worlds
Old 03-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #32
Strange_Kid

^
wtf? -,-
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #33
ZeLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange_Kid View Post
^
wtf? -,-

At 0:50
Last edited by ZeLover; 03-07-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #34
kennotlah

Act two scene one

The Samarindian Forest is simply not the kind of forest idealized in poetry. When it was day, the forest was too humid with too many insects buzzing around. When it was dark, it was freezing cold and water condensed on the leaves and dripped on anyone taking shelter. One does not simply walk into a forest like this.

Plop. Plop. Plop. Magina regretted not carrying a tent. He rested under a strangely shaped tree, one that looked like giant ferns grew out from an oak tree and began counting the top spots for self-cultivation recommended by druids.

Father might insist that any place is a quiet place for a druid to inhabit, but there were one thousand four hundred and fifty six recommended places for self-cultivation in Kamlindor alone from the popular best-selling scrolls penned by Lestrac the Keeper of the Grove. His brother was not in any of the one thousand four hundred and fifty six recommended places for self-cultivation.

Yet, it was this forest that Furion sent Terrorblade to. Terrorblade was relieved of his duties as a Captain of the Sentinels and sent to this forest to acquire druidic magic.

Learn the truth, his own father's words.

Magina felt that it was stupid and took too long. Arcane magicks were better. Faster and easier to mold.

Magina followed the magical tracker he conjured up just to find his brother. Blood calls out to blood. With a vial of his blood, he sprinkled it on an enchanted compass and followed. Where the needle pointed was where his brother was.

This is magic. Nothing complicated. No risk of fickle weather and no pandering to obstinate weather. Magina read a co-paper written by Lestrac and Ezalor on the different methods of spellcrafting, they took multiple days of debating over the advantages of their own methods and agreed to disagree. Complete hogwash and two volumes of wasted paper just to say that spellcrafting is dependant on the individual.

When Magina rested enough, he got up and began following the path that his compass was guiding.

This is problematic. He didn't think it through very well.

His spellwork was impeccable. But Magina didn't think of enchanting his artifact to be able to detect how far he was from his brother. They could be either as close as one tree away or a continent away.

The path led through too many bushes and overgrowth which he had to hack through to find his brother. Hack and bash for four days. Magina found his brother on the fifth morning.

Terrorblade was sitting on the stump of a tree in a meditative stance, dressed in ridiculous clothes made from leaves. His face was deeply engraved with intense concentration or it could be a symptom of constipation.

“My brother has gone loopy since I left him,” Magina thought to himself privately, he cleared his throat.

“Ahem, brother, I do not wish to interrupt your quest for the truth... however duty calls. We are at war again.”

Instantly, the contracted expression sprang open into a hungry look, “Again? Those treacherous - then I must return to my post as Captain of the Sentinels.”

Magina tried to say something but something held him back. His brother turned to him, all druidic demeanour abandoned. His eyes hungered for information.

“What happened to the truce?” He quizzed Magina.

“I am afraid that it is a long story – We will speak while we walk. Do you remember our correspondence?” Magina quizzed his brother.

Terrorblade shook his head.

"I remember I sent you letters by a flying courier," Magina furrowed his brow.

Magina watched his sibling fish out a sheaf of unopened letters from the hollow of a tree, the wax was sealed tight.

“Brother! Flying Couriers are not cheap!”

“What? A druidic life is meant to cut away all ties from a messy world.”

“Those letters should tell you the whole story. I came here to tell you that you are needed and to pass you a scroll of town portal. Father felt that a messenger should be sent.”

“Then let him send a messenger. Or mail me one via a flying courier”

“I came here to send this message is because we are brothers and I thought I should personally see how you are,” Magina said irately.

“You talk too much like a girl. Did your new fling with Shendelzare teach you that?” Terrorblade ribbed his brother. Magina's face darkened.

The elder twin teased his brother gleefully, "No? Are you so irritated because she left you for another man?" Terrorblade threw back his head and laughed.

Magina gave his twin a rude gesture. Magina pulled away from his brother and went straight for a clump of trees. He sliced his hand through the air and the air fractured, creating a gap in reality, no it was no gap, Terrorblade mentally corrected himself, but Magina's legendary Blink technique.

Terrorblade watched his brother disappear in a blink.

"Why so serious?" Terrorblade protested to thin air.

He was mildly irritated at being a toad in the well; cut off from the world. He ripped open the most yellowed letter and began perusing them.

Dear Brother,

It had been a month since you left the Sentinels on your quest for druidic knowledge.

I have not been idle. We had begun crackdowns on Scourge infiltrations thanks to knowledge of that spy who goes by the alias Fletcher. He is a known terror notorious for murder and grave robbery crimes. Warden Mortred and Shendelzare were the ones who brought him in and we are questioning him with regards to the plans of the Scourge.

You have to finish up your quest soon. We have an exciting newcomer, She is known as Luna the Moon Rider. She has shown her capabilities and Father is pleased with her. She has the backing of many of the Moon Riders and they would be a good addition to our forces. She is currently filling in for you. If she does her job any better, you might lose your position.

Ha! I know you wish to cross swords with any skilled warrior. I daresay she is quite skilled, though not as formidable as Warden Mortred.

I have endeared myself to the Silkwood family. Though both Shendelzare and Warden Mortred were orphaned at birth, they have formed some kind of a
family between themselves.

Mortred is surprisingly quite friendly outside of her formal capacity. Sadly Shendelzare is often busy with leading the Wardens, so I would often visit her manor to find that her sister Mortred is there, if not preparing for some top secret mission, then she would be preparing for the next top secret mission.

Hah! Mortred even declared me to be the best of nobles. Furthermore she announced that if you had even half my qualities, she'll gladly wed you on the spot. For there are few warriors who have manners.

In fact, the good news is that I have promised myself to Shendelzare. To be hers forever. So you can have her sister if you clean up your act.

So brother, you should get yourself some manners and some skill with magic and you'll get a woman for a wife instead of two moonblades. The thrill your sword brings you does not compare to the thrill of a lady's touch.

“Bah! If I had half your effeminately perverted love for magic, I won't be a warrior.” Terrorblade retorted under his breath.

As for myself and Shendelzare...

The tales of his courtship grew too nauseatingly long-winded that Terrorblade opened another letter instead. It was from an old advisor of his. Terrorblade asked him to keep him informed about world events when he was gone. But he got too caught up with refining his newly found talent that he forgot about them. With keen interest, Terrorblade began poring over the reports. There were only grim news.

Rumours of an undead abomination was wandering around the borders, the cries of its victims being butchered, dismembered and horribly defiled had struck fear in the local populace. So much so that they named the horror The Butcher.

The most famed lieutenants of the Scourge were rumoured to be marshalling foul beings into their service. The most dreaded Lich, Kel'Thuzad and the shadowy Nerubian Assassin, Anub'arak were spotted by spies to be very active in gathering armies.

To add on to their troubles, a being of the night has been inflicting heavy damage by decimating the night watches. No one could see it coming. When it did, too many valiant soldiers fell victim to it. It was attacking Origrimmar for one week and the other at Theramore and next it attacked Darnassus. This nocturnal assassin was terrorizing patrols that took place at night.

Some superstitious folk chalked it up to vampires. But Sentinel Intelligence
called it the Night Stalker and put it on its Dangerous Beings list, on par with the demons from the Burning Legion. Demon Hunters had to be sent out to hunt this being down.

Finding a large stump upon which to sit, Terrorblade thought through all his wonderful plans.

His own father's recognition of his talents was a big coup for him. Being sent for training had given him time to seriously consider what he was hiding in his mind for thirteen seasons. He had always been disadvantaged when compared to his brother. No matter how hard the elder Stormrage trained, no matter how he honed his image-conjuring skills, Terrorblade could never defeat his own brother in a single duel. Both he and his brother loved the thrill of battle since their youth but neither would acknowledge the other as his superior.

Magina always won because he had magical ability and the ability to burn away magic. Images that he summoned were easily dissolved by such magic.

Even if his twin didn't know it, Terrorblade was secretly tracking their kills in battle. He could still remember the day when his men honoured him as the Terrorblade, so much so that his own name was soon forgotten. He was a hero, slaying so many of the dreaded enemies so easily. He was proud of himself that day. Very happy that his strenous training paid off with the destruction of the enemy.

That was until Magina's petition to serve as a sorcerer was approved. Magina's performance in battle was so spectacular that it forced Furion to reconsider the fact that the arcane artes can be as powerful an asset as the druidic artes. He was a one man army. The undead horde cannot hold up against Magina who seemed to be beyond a magic-user. He seemed to be more like a fountain of pure magic. As powerful as Furion himself.

Terrorblade trained longer and harder, in order to outdo his brother. But flesh has limits that magic does not. Terrorbalde thought to himself bitterly.

Terrorblade could still remember vividly the welcome Darnassus threw for them upon their return.

"Hurrah! Hurrah! Long live our heroes! Terrorblade has slain his thousands! Magina has slain his ten thousands!"

Terrorblade felt his stomach knotted tightly that day as he put on a smile to please the crowd. He was the older brother and he should be the stronger one.

Now with his newfound talent in controlling life energies, he had the power to surpass his brother.

Terrorblade could show his people that he can be their mightiest hero and general. He would single-handedly destroy all the mighty generals of the Scourge. He would deliver his people. He would be their saviour.

Deep down something nagged him. Of all the druidic arts, he seemed way better at honing his movement of life energies than his abiliy to communicate with the elements or with the trees. It somewhat disappointed him that he was not going to be a super-druid his father was.

He brushed these doubts aside. He will eventually surpass his father too. Even Furion recognized his power. That had to count for something.

"Yes...I will slay our enemies of our people and they would know that I am the much better Stormrage." His eyes thirsting for praise.

Images of vast crowds praising him gave him a drunken thrill; praising him more than his brother, that was truly delightful. To add on to that Magina, had to grudgingly acknowledge that the elder Stormrage was the superior fighter.

The elf clapped his palms together, shaking the vision out of his head.

"There should be no jealousy among brothers... So cut this foolishness out!" he muttered to himself.

Terrorblade picked up another letter to read.

Dear Brother,

Current events has been a most disturbing one for myself and everyone in particular. I will narrate to the best of my ability.

I woke up to a normal May morning in my own bed; my entire room was littered with crumpled sonnets I was trying to write to praise my beloved. I heard the turtledoves singing outside and I swore I heard, a hint of a crow's cry- Surely it must be a bad omen.

The elder Stormrage groaned, “Brother, you are tedious!”

My thoughts weighed with thoughts of my beloved-

“I hate lovebirds,” Magina's brother growled.

Father came into my room suddenly, he had that look of constant worry on his face. The recent events must have been on his mind, especially with our forces weary from going on multiple skirmishes. I tried to hide the sonnets, but he already saw them.

“Who are these addressed to?” He asked me. He still does not know of me and Shendelzare. You know how hard it is to deceive him. He had already suspected that I was in love but with whom he knew not.

After all we hid many secrets from him as children. Remember the time we blew up a tree? I thought that Father being an Archdruid would find out. But he didn't. Surprising.

“I wrote them to Warden Silkwood,” I answered

There was this sudden excitement in his eyes, like breaking dawn.

“Are you engaged to be married?” Father asked me directly.

“Ah-ah-Yes...” I admitted. Marriage was a little fast.

“This is excellent news to ponder over. Excellent news indeed,” Father mumbled to himself as he left for work.

It was a few weeks of normalcy until Father summoned me to the library. After we were seated and some small chatter, he finally broached to me what was on his mind.

“Son, you know that our forces are being stretched too thinly from multiple skirmishes to various disturbances at our borders.”

I nodded.

“We stand to gain from increased support from other sources than the Sentinels. I do know that the Wardens are quite partial towards us. In fact leaders on both sides are mulling over the idea of a possible integration of both forces. This would be much to our advantage as it can free up some of our soldiers.”

I just nodded some more.

“Son, this integration has been dragging at its heels for quite some time. I believe a certain union between a Warden Silkwood and a certain Stormrage could hasten the process of a merger.”

Needless to say I was speechless.

“I think you could get ready for a wedding,” Father beamed.

I thought Father was jesting.

A month later, while I was giving a lecture to trainees on the Artes of Magic, a messenger barged into my class and handed me a
letter.

I opened it and read:

Come down to the glens outside Ashenvale Forest.
Warden Mortred Silkwood wants to discuss about the marriage.

F

It was written briefly and with brief consideration, I dropped everything I had.

When I arrived at the glens of Ashenvale Forest, a stag sent by Father led me to a large Hunter's Hall. The whole place was reserved just for the purpose of this engagement. You have never seen the inside of a Hunter's Hall I presume. It was a hall with many pillars and long tables used for our soldiers' messing and for them to do an occasional trade or two.

I saw Father seated down at one side of a large oaken table and on the other, Warden Mortred.

Warden Mortred wore an inscrutable look on her face, like she was trying to figure out Father, while Father himself looked entirely too pleased with things
that were happening.

I took a seat at the left side of Father. Watching intently what was happening. Warden Mortred was eyeing me with that strange look. I somehow could just 'See' it, that she doubted. The airs about her I interpreted to be severely uncertain about a certain issue.

An issue between unthinkable bliss or a cruel jest. Now that I think back about it.

Father cleared his throat. “I have already quoted the bride price and Warden Mortred Silkwood accepted it. Name the day and you shall be wed, my son.”

Foolish joy overtook me. The gullible me was taken in my fate's cruel twist. I leapt for joy.

“Yes!” I cried in joy. I swear I believed that I was to be wed with Shendelzare.

What dismal fortune seized me that day! In that cursed moment, I heard a sob break out and I saw Shendelzare break out from behind the pillar she was hiding and ran out of the Hall, her tears falling like a broken string of pearls.

I also saw that Warden Mortred's face was struck with wonder and disbelief.
I immediately turned on Father. Who-was-still-smiling!

“I am really glad that you have shown a liking for Warden Mortred Silkwood. Both sisters would scarcely believe me until I produced one of the crumpled
sonnets you littered on the floor. The one you wrote in her honour,” Father declared pompously.

I was at a loss for words.

Warden Mortred's face was a mask of composure. Yet I could read in the air she carries about her, that she was happily confused. She reached out a hand to grasp my own. I did not take it.

Instead, I answered in agony, “No!” I was crumbling on the inside.

Father replied, his composure cracked from uncertainty, “No? Son. You are to marry Warden Mortred Silkwood.”

“NO! I never wanted to marry her! I won't marry her!”

Father thundered, “Fool! What madness is this? You are spoiling the potential merger between the Sentinels and the Wardens with your tantrums! One moment you wish to marry and now you say no? Shall I beat you with a cane you naughty rascal!”

“I WON'T! I DON'T EVEN LIKE HER!” I yelled back.

I heard a tensed and angry voice.

“You heartless creep... How dare you play with our feelings... How dare you Magina Stormrage ... How dare you hurt my little sister...”

There was murder in Warden Mortred's eyes.

“I-I” I stammered. The truth of the situation came to me like a lightning bolt, razing the ground it struck. How blind was I?

Warden Mortred gave a cry and I felt intense pain. I stared at my thigh, it was bleeding. That crazy woman stabbed me! Mortred's hands ran red with my blood.

“How could you...” Her eyes glittered in pain. “be so cruel. Trick me into thinking that you loved me.“

I croaked, “I'm sorry. I only loved you as a sister. ”

Mortred cursed me.

“Warden, Warden. My young one is quite foolish, not yet used to the customs of the world and the necessities that leaders need to make. Please stop this. The union can still go on as planned. The elder one might be more-” Father tried cajoling her.

“What! Father!” Terrorblade was outraged.

“Enough!”

Warden Mortred made an angry choking noise. She marched up to me and slapped me hard. Twice. She immediately left the Hall, calling for her sister to return.

I ran after Shendelzare.

“Ah my goddess,” the elder Stormrage gaped like a dim-wit.

Oh my goddess. What happened? Even Father was quite surprised at the way things went. I explained to him what actually was going on. He was not amused. He thundered that family should not keep secrets from each other.

I remember that Father gazed at me with his horns bristling.

“You should have went meditating with your brother. At least he obeys the proper customs that I have laid down thousands of years ago. You and your reckless pursuit of the arcane artes! Didn't you know how much I grieved over my brother's magical addiction? How sad it was to know his eventual fall? Do you really want to end up like him?” He ranted.

Thank the goddess I was able to explain this to Shendelzare. Thank the goddess that she understood and forgave me. What would I do if she hated me?

Now, as I write this, Father appears to be vexed over how to appropriately handle the gossip that would spread throughout the whole of Darnassus. The Wardens won't overlook this slight to their head warden. They are ridiculous proud of being a respectable and independent military force.

Mortred is violently opposed to me courting her sister now. I worry about that a lot. But I love Shendelzare too much to let this stand in our way. I'll do all I can to mend bridges.

“Just marry the both of them.“ Magina's brother proposed idly.

It was as if Magina never sent the letter, and continued to write where he left off.

Brother,

A terrible thing had happened since that engagement. With neither sister even willing to be near me, it took me several weeks later to learn that the
criminal known as the Fletcher was broken out from the deepest dungeons.

They must have the help of the Scourge. Those abominations defiled the Wardens guarding them and slew them afterwards, following which, with their twisted hearts and evil magicks, they raised our fallen into their vile undead.

Shendelzare, thank the gods, was not around when it happened. The moment she heard of such this prison break, she mustered the largest task force of Wardens ever deployed and went in to secure the prisoners and suppress the riot the Undead Scourge caused by their break-in.

Those vile things, not happy with descrating our dead, they have unloosed terrors that we have kept locked away from the world.

Her sister, Warden Mortred came later. According to Shendelzare, she was gripped with a certain mad vengeance after she witnesses the dying throes of her Wardens who were slain by the escapees and by the riot they caused.

Rumours began spreading about how she indiscriminately slaughtered every of the escapees not in their cells. People are now saying that she has gone really crazy and would start a war to avenge her fallen sisters.

Terrorblade felt a chill went down his spine.

Father already has plans for you. You might have to come back as a Captain of the Sentinels.

Your Brother,
Magina

Last edited by kennotlah; 03-18-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #35
kennotlah

Long post. Thanks for reading.

To Strange Kid and ZeLover on that last post

ZeLover is quite smart. Look out for more stuff like this.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #36
Strange_Kid

Quote:
“Just marry the both of them.“ Magina's brother proposed idly.
Quote:

“Just marry the both of them.“
Quote:

“both of them.“
I lol'd. Hard.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #37
kennotlah

Act Two Scene Two

Night had fallen upon the Arcane Library. Ezalor's study was lit with a single lamp. Three silhouletted beings sat around a table. All three of them wore powerful illusionary enchantments in order to conceal their identities against any forms of spying. It was a meeting of the highest priority and of utmost secrecy. A secrecy that bordered on paranoia.

"This is paramount to a declaration of war! The Scourge attacked the Burrows. Broke out the most dangerous criminals we held there and slew our people. This is unacceptable!" Furion fumed. The druid's long antlers bristled and the air was thick with his rage.

"I agree, Shan'do. We cannot sit back and let this offense against the Sentinels go unavenged! We have to defend our homelands!" Leshrac spoke up, he was one of the esteemed Keeper of the Grove.

"My friends, you have every right to be outraged. If the Scourge have done this, it is an obvious act of war. But do we have enough resources to fight back? Or should we just let it slide?" enquired Ezalor.

"No!"

Leshrac slammed his fist against the massive oaken table. "What kind of a message will we send the Scourge if we just let this matter slide? That they are free to attack us? First my grove then the Wardens? Blood for blood, old friends, the Wardens' spilt blood cry out from the ground for justice!"

"A hot temper does not suit a druid my old friend," Ezalor tried to calm him down. This old friend of his seemed imbalanced, the Lestrac he knew had never expressed so much hatred before.

Did the invasions at Leshrac's grove affect him that badly? The archmage knew that the powers of the Keeper of the Grove was often tied to their land they safeguarded. But he didn't expect to see Lestrac be angered at an attack to his grove like it was an attack to his own body.

"Very well, we will and we must retaliate," Furion said sternly, "We have to support each other through this. In fact, I have a plan that might work..."

"What could it be?" Ezalor probed.

"You'll see. Send for Warden Mortred," Furion ordered grimly.

Click click click. Steel capped boots marched smartly into the darkened room. Mortred walked in and gave a nod to the three elders.

"Shan'do Stormrage, are there any instructions for me or my wardens?" She asked curtly. Her expression was stiff and controlled. Too controlled.

The three shadowy figures looked at her with an appraising eye. When they were satisfied, it was Furion who spoke first.

"Warden, the elders have come to a decision after a swift assessment of the attack on the Burrows. It was an unlawful act by agents of the Scourge and tanamount to an act of war since the truce-"

"I will bring these criminals to justice..." she breathed harshly.

Furion averted his eyes from Warden Mortred's face. It was frightening to look upon her face. It was a malevolent war god, thirsty for revenge. The rumours must be true.

The Scourge attacked the Burrows with a small army. All the warden sisters were brutally murdered and then defiled. Those who managed to evade the Scourge were assaulted by the unleashed convicts that the Scourge released.

"These are top secret orders known only to myself and these two. Hunt down Clinkz at all costs. Execute all who allowed him to break out of prison," Furion spoke grimly.

There was a bestial grin in her gaunt face. Furion sensed that Mortred would relish this chance at revenge too well. He shuddered. Thank the goddess that Mortred was on their side.

"You have fourteen days to assemble your team and eliminate Clinkz. Destroy the army that broke him out- No. Make sure that none of them will walk this world ever again."

"Utter destruction? That is very unlike you, Shan'do Stormrage," Ezalor said sharply.

The immense nature of such a task gave Mortred pause. An assassination team sent to destroy an army of undead? Impossible.

"Clinkz stole the most vital information we have, if the Scourge knew what we were trying to do, they would send armies to destroy the Sentinels, triggering an all out war," Furion said cryptically.

Mortred didn't even bat an eyelid, "So I need to get him before he gets to the Scourge. Done."

"Assemble a team of your finest people to make sure you get him. Activate the COBRA force. A man-hunt for Clinkz is your cover to eliminate anyone who possesses the information. Any information about the World Tree," Furion added.

Leshrac gave Furion a warning look. Furion brushed it aside.

Mortred stared at them suspiciously.

"I do not like what this sounds like. My Wardens are being manipulated by you. In fact, Shan'do Furion I cannot even see the faces of the other two elders here. Who are they and what are they doing here?"

Ezalor winced. Mortred was not politician material.

"Then consider it a mutually beneficial arrangement. We three elders demand the heads of Clinkz and all those involved in the escape and you get your revenge," Ezalor interjected.

Inside, he was glad his identity was concealed from Mortred. The Warden might figure out everything too soon. Too many people knowing about the secret would doom their plans.

"We won't forget the loyalty you and your sisters have shown to our cause. We will stand by you. We will protect you. Even to the very end," Furion assured Mortred.

The Warden nodded back at Furion before leaving.

When the click of her boots vanished, Ezalor breathed easier.

"My old friends, we have work to do. I suspect the Scourge is marshalling its forces at their borders as we speak."

Last edited by kennotlah; 03-25-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:41 AM   #38
Strange_Kid

you talking about the tormented soul? His name is Leshrac.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #39
kennotlah

noted. my bad

Old 03-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #40
kennotlah

Act Two Scene Three
It was noon time when the Night Elf expeditionary force stopped at the outskirts of Silvermoon to set up camp.

Furion pored over maps laid out on the table while advisors surrounded him, armed with reports and plans. Magina was tasked to organize the elders. The large tent was a huge buzz of activity. Magina heard one particularly round colonel listening to the drone of his aide and gave his poor aide so much work that Magina had to wonder how much work did the colonel actually do.

The druids were no better, finding fault with many parts of the plan just because they refused to defend Silvermoon for their own political reasons.

“Come now, young Stormrage. Shan'do knows that I have my grove to tend to and with the incursions from the gnolls-” began Leshrac the Keeper, Magina couldn't help but feel aggravated. What a pushy druid!

“-I cannot simply tear myself away. The spirits there would fall into disorder and destruction.”

“Reverent One, You have to realize, this is war. We rely on you and your armies of living trees in the war effort. Frankly, I think your spirits are kind of...” Magina paused. He wanted to say 'not real' but he stopped himself on time.

“...able to be not harmed by the spades of gnolls and might be not real...” Magina ended weakly.

He winced, the angry looks of various elders were turned upon him. Huge brows furrowed menacingly, as if ready to whip Magina. Unreal spirits? Blasphemy to the druids.

Crash! A table flipped over spilling papers and candle wax on the floor.
Everyone jumped and looked for the troublemaker.

"Who is it? Who dares to stir up trouble in this meeting of elders? Who is that fool?" Leshrac demanded.

"I did."

Terrorblade scowled at them. His hands hovered over his blades, ready to duel any who dared challenge him or his brother.

“Druids, stop this incessant quarrelling!” Terrorblade thundered. Other druids began muttering darkly in the background. 'Daft' and 'hardheaded' escaped the lips of the druids.

Those old fools, so set in their ways that change was near impossible for them. Magina sighed. They would chew his brother out.

To Magina's surprise, Leshrac rode up to Terrorblade. Leshrac's shadow towered menacingly over the defiant Terrorblade. Any moment now, Magina thought, Leshrac would flog Terrorblade with a scolding.

“May the spirits guide you brother, on your process of enlightenment. To see the illusionary nature of this world,” Leshrac began his druidic greeting grudgingly. The Keeper of the Grove touched his heart with his root-like hands and then extended it to Terrorblade. A greeting among druids.

Terrorblade clasped the Keeper's root-like hands and touched his heart with his hands. A mask of geniality came over him.

“We are all companion spirits to each other, we know you are hurt from leaving your grove, but the Frozen Throne has threatened all life. They war against us all. We have to put the good of many over the good of a few.”

There were murmurings of agreement among the druids. Some seemed impressed.

“But the innocents at my grove -” Leshrac began.

Terrorblade could not stop. His speech rose up another pitch.

“The Scourge broke the terms of the armistice. They launched a cowardly assault on our prisons with intent to lure highly dangerous individuals to their
cause. Madmen bent on destruction and power. This is our enemy. Mad. Destructive. Power-hungry. My friends,” Terrorblade raved, enjoying every moment of it.

But Lestrac still had a sceptical look on his face.

"Sir, do you think only druids suffer and only druids care? Let me show you. Yes even our unranked soldiers care. Even the least among them also care what happened," Terrorblade spoke scatingly.

The cheering of the druids further energized Terrorblade. Magina watched his brother, spellbound by his fury and charisma. Even Furion and all his advisors looked on in amazement.

Lestrac folded his huge arms with a challenginge eye. Terrorblade nodded, his handsome features were now stern and passionate.

Terrorblade walked out of the tent. He marched up to a soldier and took from him his trumpet and blew three short blasts. Soldiers seated by fires looked up, soldiers in tents walked out and soldiers sharpening their weapons sheathed them. Everyone gathered about Terrorblade like a huge mass of green and violet.

Terrorblade gazed at them with passionate eyes and spoke in a high reedy voice,

"My brothers and sisters-in-arms. I am but only one elf in this fight and I have nothing to offer you but my sweat my tears and my blood. We fight because we must. We fight so that we can return to our lands and heal it. Heal it from the destruction that the Scourge caused. We shall show the Frozen Throne justice. That we won't stand for our people to be oppressed by the Lich King's tyranny."

“Defenders of Nature, rise up!” Terrorblade roared, his voice was like a whirlwind. No one could even cross him or slightly disagree when he was in such a frenzy.

There were loud cheering in the camp as all the fighters, invigorated by the rousing speech, stood ready to wage war.

A messenger broke through the crowd and yelling loudly.

“Warden Mortred has returned, my liege, with all the escaped prisoners. I must see Furion at once! Give way I must see Furion at once!”

The crowd fell silent. Even Terrorblade was struck dumb by such a sudden appearance.

A tall figure with antlers and adroned in a drudic dress of green and gold stepped out. Furion

“How did she and her warriors fare?” Furion asked.

“Badly, Shan'do. She is badly wounded and the only one left alive. There is a dark madness about her. She took down many of the escapees herself,” the
messenger breathed heavily as he announced the news.

Unbidden, Magina glanced at his brother. The elder Stormrage was tensed. Even though he hid it well, Magina spotted the surge of magicks in his brother.

It was a nightmare world outside the camp. They had set up camp in the outer-edges of the forest. A long dirt trail led to the camp and was heavily policed by sentries.

Magina could see a pillar of dust rising up in the air.

There was a lone and battered warrior rode on a huge beast through the cloud of dust. Crowds of renowned warriors trembled at the sight of her. They parted, leaving a large and wide dusty path for the lone Warden.

There was this aura about the Warden. Deadly. The hearts of the most stout froze as she passed. The most chivalrous dared not approach her, for such was the aura of vengeance about her.

Warden Mortred sat on the lead horse while a kodo beast dragged the barrow along. A huge heap of her fallen comrades were put in the burrow and a cloud of files hung about them. Trailing behind the barrow was a grisly sight. The heads of every single undead that attacked them were strung together and dragged along the dust.

Every head brutally hewed from their bodies. The last of the macabre trail
of head was the head of the Fletcher, the flesh of his face torn by dust and friction. Magina's stomach turned. This was purely barbaric, purely vengeance. The Warden brutally butchered all of the prisoners who escaped.

Warden Mortred was an equally bad sight. No lady should have to suffer what she went through. Blood and green pus was oozing from her wound. She was
ripped by the thrust of a nasty weapon, taking a chunk of her body with it. Her armour was crumpled by the impact of a devastating blow.Yet for all the
horror inflicted on her, the true horror was within. Her eyes were the most fearsome of all.

It was as if she was possessed by an avatar of vengeance.

Magina was truly frightened by her eyes. Magina shrank back.

The elder brother showed no such qualms. He rushed forward and cradled her in his arms. With great ferocity he drew from deep within himself, the brimming flow of vitality, his soul and life. Terrorblade rushed to Mortred and plunged his healing energies into her.

She gasped and moaned and shuddered. Her wounded started to mend and scab over. In a few moments, her wounds were completely healed. There wasn't even a scar.

When the Furion Stormrage tried to heal a dragon friend from a mortal wound, the sheer amount of power needed not just knocked the druid out but also the
land about him withered to give life to the dragon. Terrorblade merely swayed at the sheer exertion of such intense healing.

That was immense healing power. Immense power over life.

The crowds were hushed once more.

"Healers, bring this soldier to a healer!" Terrorblade groaned weakly before passing out.

Furion quickly took control over the situation.

"Men, bring them to the healers! Hurry!"

Last edited by kennotlah; 03-26-2012 at 01:12 AM.
  Entertainment Fiction & Literature