Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
xiiaosin89

Steam: DottMySaviour

Thumbs up [ASU] Rubick

Guys, I'm gonna talk a little about other ASU suggestion for Rubick first.

I'm sure that it is obvious to you that most people want to improve the ultimate (Spell Steal) by making Rubick being able to steal more than 1 spell. IMO it's imbalance.

Spell Steal should literally steal spells . Anyway, literally steal spell isn't my suggestion.

WARNING: My suggestion may be ridiculous but please think about it before making a comment :/
Suggestion
Improve Spell Steal casting range to global casting range.. [Removed "decrease cooldown, no manacost and duration forever" Improvement due to current feedback]
My point is to make Casting Range Global.
Global Casting Range is NOT imbalance. Think about it.

Another Suggestion (newly added)
Reduce cooldown to 4s. No Manacost. (Global Casting Range not included).

Reason (Don't take this seriously)
Rubick is the son of Aghanim, therefore, Rubick's ultimate should be "ridiculously" strong while holding Aghanim's Scepter. He should really have ASU since Aghanim is his father...

Thoughts
At first, I thought AS will not be worth buying as casting range don't really matter, what Rubick wants is just to have a spell he steals.
Then, I realised that this can counter enemies with Global Casting range spell, you steal it from far, you use it too.

I believe there will be other circumstances where Global Casting Range will help.

IMPORTANT: I will accept negative comments, but please think through before making a comment. Please leave suggested changes that you think of one, I will consider it.
Last edited by xiiaosin89; 10-05-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
TheBig(D)

Default Re: [ASU] Rubick

Yeah I thought about your suggestion and "Overpowered" is not enough to describe it.Way way too OP.And the reason? Tell you what,f*ck the lore and stuff.Balance > all
I suggest that ASU makes it harder for Rubick to lose his spells when he dies.It goes like this.
When Rubick dies,in order for him to lose the spell he stole,2/3/4 enemy heroes must be in an 600 AoE around the spot where Rubick dies.If Rubick revives with the spell intact,the duration is refreshed
Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
MassBalance

Steam: MasterBalance

I like it being global cast range... but everything else is way too storng.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
juleocesar

IMBA. Global Spell steal is already overpowered. Do you still want to add 0 manacost and a permanent spell?

T-Down, it was discussed before, and besides, most of people was searching for a balanced and creative Rubick's ASU. But the only thing that you did is trasnforming some of suggestions suggested before in one.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:08 AM   #5
PIELIKEI

OK... OK... OK....
Fact: We need to come up with an Aghas for Rubick to satisfy his lore. (Please don't argue with this point, this conversation would be useless without this)
Fact: Conventional methods are generally imba (Stealing spells from allies, global spell steal etc., choose which spell to steal? <-- not sure whether this has been suggested or is even codable... but imba).

Ok.... Here is what I think:
A hero's synergy is present with every hero. If we understand what he does, we understand how his ulti works and if we understand how his ulti works we can determine how best to improve it without making obvious and often imba improvements.

What is Rubick's niche? Ganker/Spellcaster/Support/Pusher.

How does his ultimate affect the niche? It gives him a mystery spell which can be any other spell in the game. Most of all, it is flexible: it can adapt to nearly any situation. (from a select choice of enemies of course)

How would we go about this ultimate? Well, we can improve his ganking capability or we can make him even more versatile than he already is.

Anyways... That is my two cents... Take is anyway you will
Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
Drakthul

Steam: OXD

A bit overpowered. T-Null.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
xiiaosin89

*Removed* Double post.
Last edited by xiiaosin89; 03-28-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
xiiaosin89

Guys, why not we just remove the "decrease cooldown" and remove Duration - forever (I actually think duration forever don't make a big differences, but sure we can remove it). So the cooldown will be at default - 20/18/16. IMO, if the effect is only Global Casting Range and nothing else, I don't think it's worth buying, at least make it no manacost too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juleocesar View Post
IMBA. Global Spell steal is already overpowered. Do you still want to add 0 manacost and a permanent spell?
Think about it, Global Casting Range isn't really imba. You only gets to cast different spell every 16s (remove decrease cooldown), and take into account that even Rubick having aghanim, he may not have enough mana to keep on casting the spell he steals.
Last edited by xiiaosin89; 03-28-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
deathkidkun

The original 1000 casting range I already find IMBA, what else global spell steal.

Rubick starts with a nice 351 mana pool and 31 mana per level. By the time he's level 6 he'll probably get arcane boots and have 757 mana. He will have enough mana by the time he gets scepter.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
xiiaosin89

Edited first post.

So far only MassBalance like this suggestion, I hope to see more feedback.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
NotQuiteThere

Location: Let's put it this way: I don't live in most places.

I guess it is fairly balanced...I mean, in order to get a skill globally, you'd have to see them in order to take advantage of it. Still though, I'm unsure...there's something bugging me that tells me this could be bad idea, so T-null for now.
---------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I've thought it over. From what I can see, I think it is a reasonable upgrade for giving it global casting range.

Even if it was simply doubled (2000?) it would be a decent upgrade IMO. T-up.
Nerfing Smoke; Make Luna's Glaive Toggable; KotL's Chakra; Tower ideas 1, 2 and 3; Fuzzy; Zeus...immortal?; Rupture; Fervor; CM's Aura; Riki Implemented; Techie's Remake; Sniper; Huskar's Passive; Wraith/Skel. King's Passives; Riki's Ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrank View Post
...Enemy heroes will be chopping down trees whole game instead of farming. Deforestation meta.

My suggestions and critiques are meant to thoughtful and helpful, not trolling attempts.
Last edited by NotQuiteThere; 04-09-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
SuperCookie

Makes some sense

Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #13
rHic25

i dont know if im thinking here but what if he upgrades the skills he steals when he has the scepter... improving the stolen skill a little bit so it is more powerful than the owner's but of course it could have a greater manacost.... but i think this would take time coding coz of the little upgrade thing
Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
Rangwan

What about make him being able to steal up to 2 spells?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
Shadowlurker
Banned

That has been suggested too many times to count.

Anyways, I have to disagree. Rubick himself, just by doing nothing, will force players to play different in order to prevent him from stealing crucial skills. An Earthshaker will keep his Enchant Totem off cooldown to prevent Rubick from stealing Fissure or Echo Slam. With this suggestion, Rubick will become a global threat, making all his enemies afraid to use crucial spells.

And in general too, I have to disagree on an Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade altogether. The stats that it provides is just too useful for Rubick, especially if he can get his Spell Steal to become even stronger.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #16
gonza2k3

I prefer to improve: (instead of global range)

Not lose spell when Rubik dies, and (or) increase greatly the time he keeps that spell
Old 05-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
Facebook

Just because he is the son of aghanim doesn't mean he really needs an aghanim but just ignore it.

Anyway, i thought about it for 127 seconds and im stucked at this aghanim conversation.

I don't think having global casting range won't easily solve the problem, i mean, 4200g for a global casting upgrade? Why not give the spell steal with the lowest cooldown like 5 seconds with no manacost? But i cant think anything so that's everythin i can help.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #18
pigi_rylai

Global cast range is kinda wasted mainly because he needs to be near targets to kill them , 1 stolen spell not enough even if it's a global one. Giving a buff to make his stolen spell permanent semms more legit and reduce the cooldown by 2/3/4 at each ultimate level.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
Absurd.cast

I bet hes adopted and Aghanim is not hes real father.

I don't like the global range but I though about this:

What if Rubick can hold 1 ability per Hero with a maximum of 2? Meaning, lets say you steal Blink from Magina and then when the CD refreshes, you steal Stormbolt from Sven, now you have 2 abilities. Next steal will replace Blink, next Stormbolt and so on. But it has to be limited for 1 spell per hero, so if you have Blink from Magina and try to steal his ultimate, you get Blink replaced.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
silly_me

Quote:
Reason
Rubick is the son of Aghanim, therefore, Rubick's ultimate should be "ridiculously" strong while holding Aghanim's Scepter. He should really have ASU since Aghanim is his father...
It should be ridiculously strong?
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
i.Agilix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absurd.cast View Post
What if Rubick can hold 1 ability per Hero with a maximum of 2? Meaning, lets say you steal Blink from Magina and then when the CD refreshes, you steal Stormbolt from Sven, now you have 2 abilities. Next steal will replace Blink, next Stormbolt and so on. But it has to be limited for 1 spell per hero, so if you have Blink from Magina and try to steal his ultimate, you get Blink replaced.
^Overpowered, imagine double aoe ultis etc.

T-up on the global spell steal. Its not so imba, besides, it costs him 4200.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
c4un544n5

tl;dr
Global too OP, might as well just camp in tree and steal naga ulti
A fanboy is an idiot that goes and comments on every game that NaVi plays and if they win "YA NAVI IS THE BEST, EASY GAME, THANKS FOR THE CHEESE LMAO OTHER TEAM FULL OF TRASH, LMAO NAVI #1 OPA OPA OPA OPA DENDIIIIIII"
or if they lose...
"NAVI JUST TROLLING WAITING FOR <INSERT TOURNAMENT HERE> TO REVEAL THEIR TRUE STRATEGIES AND OTHER TEAM SUCKS DICK AND PLAY BORING DOTA THEY DONT DESERVE TO WIN VS THE MOST AMAZING PLAYER IN THE WORLD DENDI"
Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
xiiaosin89

Alright guys, the "Reason" for this suggestion on the first post is just something random (maybe not). Look at it this way...

You are spending 4200 gold on Rubick for the ability and some stats. Before Rubick has Aghanim's Scepter, Rubick cannot steal short cooldown spells that is strong in teamfight because opponent just make it impossible. Spells like these are, Fissure, Hex, any other strong disables that you can think of. So, Rubick is like spending 4200 gold to make a sure steal whenever enemy cast these spells for farming or ganking Rubick's allies while Rubick is not around.

Now, think again. Do you really think spending 4200 to do this overpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4un544n5 View Post
tl;dr
Global too OP, might as well just camp in tree and steal naga ulti
Any wise Naga Siren will quickly use Rip Tide while still in fog after casting Sleep.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
Djdkdjdkdjdk

Global Spellsteal or 2-4 second cooldown OR allow him to have 2 stolen spells and basically the spellsteal version of invoke. The oldest spell will be replaced.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #25
Thedeath

is it instant steal? without projectile i mean? if it is, T-Down, cuz the projectile reach time will be a balancing factor :P

Fan/Download/Group Links:
Facebook.com | HiveWorkshop.com | Anook.com
Old 09-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
xiiaosin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedeath View Post
is it instant steal? without projectile i mean? if it is, T-Down, cuz the projectile reach time will be a balancing factor :P
The projectile must reach to acquire the stolen spell. I didn't state anything about instant steal. You must be thinking too far. :/
Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #27
-Cirno

No, Rubick had a feud with his father.

Quote:
none have surpassed his powerful and debilitating magics
Rubick has defeated his father through his magics and do you think that Rubick would use his father's subpar magics? Remember that Rubick's mere presence alone makes the enemies tremble against arcane arts. That should be a reminder as to why Rubick should not have an ASU.

TL;DR. Aghanim is too weak for Rubick, who is too proud to use an ego-degrading item.

On topic:
Quote:
The Grand Magus, with his endless talent, will stop at nothing to bewilder and outsmart his enemies, even if it means turning their own magic against them
I suggest letting Rubick steal TWO skills as an ASU, to remind everyone how versatile and powerful his magic ability is.

check my suggestions:

Meat Hook remake
Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #28
Facebook

Meh, that was a weaker suggestion, it will force enemies to cast stupid spells while in the fountain just to counter the global-casting range.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #29
SkullVeeTer

well in dota 2, Rubick can be improved with aghanims. Some ulti (only the ones that can be improved by aghanims) that are stolen can be also improved
Sorry for my english XD
Old 04-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #30
Captain Planet
Forum Staff

Location: Frieza Planet 419, because nobody ever goes to Frieza Planet 419
Steam: Freaky Alien Genotype
Guide Writing Award Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 

I'm still in favour of his ASU being able to steal up to 2 single slot abilites. If he steals a 2-slot skill then both the old ones get replaced.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #31
shideneyu

Thumb Up, global casting range is the way of making him more played in game, and in the same time not making him that OP, because he got derfed too much in these last updates.

+ Allowing him to steal up to two spells when his ulti is level 3 would greatly help him late game
Old 04-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #32
SonicX7

I had a similar suggestion

DotA Tips and Tricks
DotA Test Mode should answer most of your mechanic-related questions.
DotA Test Mode v6.77c AI v1.4b Rev2
DotA v6.79c Test Mode by DracoLich
The Pandas
Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #33
Foxlostinlove

Too Much unoriginal Suggestions..

If i were to suggest an agz for rubick, is for him to control roshan for a few minutes. or Mind Control a enemy Hero for a few seconds just to use his skills against the enemy(much like spell steal, but using the enemy and his spells.)
Old 04-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #34
shideneyu

Tvery very very good idea

thumb up for mindcontrol

Concerning Rosh, thumb down, utterly useless sorry

In any case, there is no way that ice frog read this topic unless there is a lot of answers, what else can we do? I really appreciate the op's suggestion, I really don't want this topic to fall into the oubliettes (oblivion) ...
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #35
shideneyu

I've just came back in that topic by chance, and saw that my last post got no answer as I suggested.

So bump x)
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #36
SirIronclad

Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/sirironclad

T-up for the global range ASU.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #37
ShinImagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiiaosin89 View Post
You are spending 4200 gold on Rubick for the ability and some stats. Before Rubick has Aghanim's Scepter, Rubick cannot steal short cooldown spells that is strong in teamfight because opponent just make it impossible. Spells like these are, Fissure, Hex, any other strong disables that you can think of. So, Rubick is like spending 4200 gold to make a sure steal whenever enemy cast these spells for farming or ganking Rubick's allies while Rubick is not around.

Now, think again. Do you really think spending 4200 to do this overpowered?
Imagine this: every enemy across the map has to cast a random spell right after a strong spell, regardless of where the Rubick is. Any single spell you just casted, is likely to end up in the hands of Rubick without him having to actually risk himself to get it. If you ask me, the risk factor to do that and the rewards thereafter is what makes him so fun to play and to watch.

So, yeah. T-down.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #38
SirIronclad

Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/sirironclad

Don't worry. It won't make Agha very popular.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
pinkypub

Steam: Lunchguy

A five second cooldown with no other changes would be a reasonable ASU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raqyeewuxazsjeh View Post
If you really disliked stupidity, you wouldn't visit this forum.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #40
Weesla

I don't know why people are hating on the global steal idea. Rubick is squishy as hell, has a horrible 290 base movement speed and doesn't have any escape mechnism. [until he buys blink/force staff or steals one] Is it so much to ask that his upgrade allows him to safely steal a spell without exposing him to unnecessary danger?

T-up, just the global cast range + maybe cooldown number tweaks will make the item viable enough.