Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #5561
Eliphas

Default Heroes of Newerth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenico View Post
I'm not sure...
Makes me wonder, if any rating system even work in team games.
On a side note, I've never heard complaints about HoN MM so far. Well, my friend once told me that anything below 1800 (don't remember for sure though) is likely to be a shitpit and he was glad that he managed to make it out of that.
Well, I can tell he's right since I was in that shitpit until I gave up. Went as low as 1200ish then got back on my feet and got to 1400-1500ish again. It's very sad and annoying to see two horrible players arguing about who's gonna take mid lane or a 0-12 guy writing on all caps to his team stop feeding. It's truly broken and very unlikely you'll get somewhere by playing without a team.

The only good thing is I got to play with Salforis, which is a very cool hero IMO.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #5562
Glac1al

Default Re: Heroes of Newerth
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

^Salforis is cool hero, his 1-hit-lifesteal skill is easily abuseable with that cooldown, you can rack up about 2 hits instantly just when the simple attack is done, then his passive burns things like keeper of the forest, night hound etc when they're alone.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #5563
Illien

Finally reached 100k concurrent players.

SEA is really taking off, shows what good advertising can do.

If only S2 would work harder in NA/EU. Honestly I think if S2 had advertised from the beginning, Riot would probably not have the numbers they have now (they still would have been successful of course, but HoN might have stolen a lot of the upper echelon of LoL players, like Dota2 is doing now).
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #5564
IplayRandom

yet again, a new hero makes me feel 'Son, I am disappoint'. Another mixture of skills from other heroes and another mixture of debuffing the enemy, while buffing self.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #5565
Illien

Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayRandom View Post
yet again, a new hero makes me feel 'Son, I am disappoint'. Another mixture of skills from other heroes and another mixture of debuffing the enemy, while buffing self.
Not to say that the hero isn't somewhat uninspired compared to the theme, but how else are you going to make a hero? New mechanics are called 'gimmicky' by the community, and slightly different skills are called uninspired. And then the community has been complaining about stuns and blinks, so they're trying to stay away from those (which leaves slows). Without any kind of debuff the hero won't be used competitively and will just be a pubstomping hero like bloodhunter (who admittedly has a silence, but is pretty useless for the team otherwise until farmed). After 100 heroes (plus the 50 or so more different ones in DotA), most everything has been done to some extent.

DotA has several heroes with rehashed, uninspired abilities, but they don't really turn out that bad because roles might be different or synergy changes based on the skill set.

I think they've recently come out with several heroes with various different playstyles, and that's always refreshing. Sure, maybe only some of the skills are new, but again it's the entire skillset working together that creates the hero.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #5566
IplayRandom

Just compare to DotA's new heroes. There's always something new about them, something that is refreshing for the game and not just touched for a minor difference. In s2's case, it's a cool hero every now and then, but for the rest of their policy to release a new hero so often it's mostly reworked aspects of exisiting heroes. Gunblade is an example of this.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #5567
Glac1al

Quote:
Originally Posted by IplayRandom View Post
Just compare to DotA's new heroes. There's always something new about them, something that is refreshing for the game and not just touched for a minor difference. In s2's case, it's a cool hero every now and then, but for the rest of their policy to release a new hero so often it's mostly reworked aspects of exisiting heroes. Gunblade is an example of this.
His case is probably exactly the same like Draconis one, there's nothing new coming out of them, I agree.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #5568
kerespup

Eliphas Eliphas Eliphas!!!

Gunblade's Alt Avatar is a Chaos Space Marine!!!!

Gunblade Alt Avatar Demo Video
Old 03-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #5569
Domenico
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerespup View Post

Oh wow. So, GW doesn't really rape people for that on sight.
Gives me a hope.

"The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."
— Friedrich Nietzsche

------------------------------------------
DC and VG mod. Feel free to PM me with your concerns.
Note that I have that infamous edit-a-lot-after-posting syndrome.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:01 AM   #5570
IplayRandom

And another thing annoying about Gunblade is that his bullet projectiles travel slower than a thrown knife or something of the sort. It's a freaking bullet ffs! Give it some speed.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #5571
Eliphas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerespup View Post

Kewl, but I dunno if it was really the designer's intention coz I saw no direct reference to WH40K besides the heavy armor and the enormous bayonet-like blade. Not even a Raptor ripoff (Chaos jump squad) coz their jets don't extend sideways.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #5572
Domenico
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliphas View Post
Not even a Raptor ripoff (Chaos jump squad) coz their jets don't extend sideways.
Power armour stabilizer jets go sideways, especially when it somes to old armour sets typically associated with renegade marines (mk3 or 4? I'm not sure).

Eventually it causes ascendants changed (and fused with their armour, changed aswell) by the warp to have those things:

Now, if you imagine something inbetween, you'll see that it's what that alternative skin has.

"The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."
— Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 03-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #5573
Ragehead

@Domenico:
Space marines, even renegade ones doesn't get mutations until they pray from the gods to have one. And even then they usually end up to be mindless spawns aka. The worst of their kind.
Being the last one aka. Daemon Prince is such honour that very few may archive.
Black Legion armour is still actually same that they once had as Lunar Wolves, they haven't actually "modified" their armour during the time.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #5574
Eliphas

Quote:
Power armour stabilizer jets go sideways, especially when it somes to old armour sets typically associated with renegade marines (mk3 or 4? I'm not sure).

Eventually it causes ascendants changed (and fused with their armour, changed aswell) by the warp to have those things:

Now, if you imagine something inbetween, you'll see that it's what that alternative skin has.
The function of this piece of pre-heresy equipment is actually a cooling system, not a stabilizer, which makes sense when considering that the whole armor is fed by a backpack energy generator. You can prove it considering that Chaos Marines were never depicted emitting smoke/light/fire from that armor piece and Space Marines themselves are adapted to that armor in such way that one doesn't have major agility loss compared to a light-armored man (e.g. imperial guardsmen). It would be justifiable only in Terminator-class armors IMO.

It's more like a Starcraft Marine armor if you consider that stabilizer alone, so I'd believe it's a Chaos Marine only if you show me a S2 employee saying that in the HoN forums.
Last edited by Eliphas; 03-23-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #5575
Ragehead

Ah, another Chaos Space Marine fan raised.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #5576
Domenico
Forum Staff

I shouldn't have really started this, meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragehead View Post
Being the last one aka. Daemon Prince is such honour that very few may archive.
Black Legion armour is still actually same that they once had as Lunar Wolves, they haven't actually "modified" their armour during the time.
What's your point? Did I said something that is supposed to contradict this? I brought DP as an example because the skin in question looks like being halfway to demonic form.

Quote:
@Domenico:
Space marines, even renegade ones doesn't get mutations until they pray from the gods to have one.
5th codex would like to disagree with this.

Quote:
Never said anything about modifications. Longer exhausts associated with Renegades exactly because of lack of those to their ancient armour.

Quote:
The function of this piece of pre-heresy equipment is actually a cooling system, not a stabilizer, which makes sense when considering that the whole armor is fed by a backpack energy generator.
I stand corrected then, no modern codex states its function, and I'm too lazy to dig into ten more books to find this out.

Quote:
It's more like a Starcraft Marine armor if you consider that stabilizer alone.
I'd say that it will look like one if we discard it. Though I have to agree that he looks like a Warpigs team member. But then, when did Blizz invented anything by themselves?

Quote:
I'd believe it's a Chaos Marine only if you show me a S2 employee saying that in the HoN forums.
Knowing that GW is eager to do anything short of impaling people for violating TM'd stuff... You won't see that, ever
I'm surprized that S2 guys have balls to publish this skin in the first place. But well, denial is strong tactics sometimes.

To say the truth, it's pretty silly topic to argue over since resemblance is more of a subjective thing. Especially when we are speaking about two pieces that are considered by some people to be different ripoffs of the same thing (o hai Heinlein's troopers).

— Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by Domenico; 03-23-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #5577
moon_strike

i think some heroes from hon is not unique some heroes have minimum 1 unique skills that's the problem why peoples now judge S2 not serious about making a heroes in game , because some heroes just add something boring effect with his skills like draconis nothing unique from him maybe because draconis have skill 3 help him to be called unique heroes Another hero is gunblade he only 1 unique skills that increase damage depending how close you from target and other skills is boring i mean what different ultimate gunblade and ultimate parasite?, but some hero is really unique like puppet master have strong theme and brilliant skills surely i love his skills another hero is like Pandamonium , bombardier , monkey king , drunken master and many more

credits to Name Rater
Old 03-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #5578
kerespup

Not all heroes have to be unique.

If all heroes would be unique, new players would have a hard time adjusting to each hero.

Simple heroes are fine, unique heroes are nice to have every now and then.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #5579
Eliphas

Quote:
To say the truth, it's pretty silly topic to argue over since resemblance is more of a subjective thing. Especially when we are speaking about two pieces that are considered by some people to be different ripoffs of the same thing (o hai Heinlein's troopers).
True. But S2 could've hinted on the similarity by copying any of the jokes about chaos in the internets like the overused "milk for the khorne flakes" or shit like that

btw
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #5580
moon_strike

need more unique heroes and item
next hero is blitz
i hope more

credits to Name Rater
Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #5581
Illien

Blitz

I feel better about him now after seeing the spotlight than I did after the leak.

I REALLY dislike his model, but the skill animations look fine. Skill set also seems to be pretty interesting. Seems like a strong ganker, but wouldn't be too terrible as a support I think depending on the numbers.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #5582
Glac1al

Seems somewhat better than the recent releases imo, setting up ganks for someone like Devourer should be easy if you have a teammate with a stun, potent team and solo hero.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #5583
suicide7

3rd skill from blitz is dark seer run , right?

OMG , this thread is the most viewed and reply thread .

I love hon , that's why my profile use this avatar , any one know what is my ava?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #5584
Eliphas

Today my view on HoN community has hit the bottom. I was playing as scout with Monarch and I managed to hit a 5-kill streak in 10 minutes of gameplay and it got to the point the whole enemy team got to my lane to gank me (they were all in the same clan). Then Monarch complains about my last kill, on which I killed legio with my ultimate when he tried to towerhug, saying I stole it (!) even though he was nowhere near to get the last hit. Then 4 guys come into my lane and with the help of two teammates, we manage to kill one guy and lost one of our own to panda (which Revenant achieved by attacking panda point-blank). Somehow it ended up being my fault (!!) and shortly after hunting down a barely alive panda and killing it safely in the middle of two other guys, the team votekicks me (!!!) and ofc, the other team happily complies.

Seriously, there's no hope in this shit.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #5585
Glac1al

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide7 View Post

I love hon , that's why my profile use this avatar , any one know what is my ava?
I do, but you're just attention whoring or something which just doesn't cut.

Didn't check his spell whenever it ignores slows like ds's surge, cba to launch hon atm.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #5586
Domenico
Forum Staff

Quote:
Today my view on HoN community has hit the bottom. I was playing as scout with Monarch and I managed to hit a 5-kill streak in 10 minutes of gameplay and it got to the point the whole enemy team got to my lane to gank me (they were all in the same clan). Then Monarch complains about my last kill, on which I killed legio with my ultimate when he tried to towerhug, saying I stole it (!) even though he was nowhere near to get the last hit. Then 4 guys come into my lane and with the help of two teammates, we manage to kill one guy and lost one of our own to panda (which Revenant achieved by attacking panda point-blank). Somehow it ended up being my fault (!!) and shortly after hunting down a barely alive panda and killing it safely in the middle of two other guys, the team votekicks me (!!!) and ofc, the other team happily complies.

This shit is so beyond me. I can't understand how it's possible to complain about "stealing" something, I can't understand people who think that it's better to lost 4v5 than admitting not being MVP of sorts...

Also I don't understand how it's worth it to play with random people, I myself played only one such game for years (it was my first game of DotA2, just wanted to try it out).

— Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 03-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #5587
Mayor Adam West

wonder if blitz and armadon would be a good bloodluster.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #5588
Illien

Quote:

You forgot the golden rule of HoN: Blame orange/brown unless there's a scout, then you blame scout.

But seriously, the community is downright terrible, but that's pretty much the case for all games in this genre. Even LoL. Team games like this in pubs end up being who's the best individual player. If the team is winning, it's because of the best player, if it's losing, it's because of the worst player or whoever the scapegoat is that game.

The Dota2 community isn't as volatile right now because nothing is on the line. It's a beta, and people are trying to understand that there can be new players who don't know what they're doing playing this game. Past the super elitism in HoN beta from the DotA pubstars, it was like that as well in HoN beta. Then when retail comes out and MM actually 'means' something (ingame currency, records, whatever), that's when the beast will come out.

Nevertheless, I've had several games in Dota2 where people complain about ksing, even when i'm the carry and they're the support (and I even did the most damage). It's a bit annoying, but I've learned not to care. There are also those people who find it amusing to assert their 'superiority' winning in a MM when 1-2 people on my team have disconnected. Different game, same community it seems.

Also for HoN, you can use /ic to ignore chat if it really gets to that point.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #5589
Glac1al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illien View Post
You forgot the golden rule of HoN: Blame orange/brown unless there's a scout, then you blame scout.

But seriously, the community is downright terrible, but that's pretty much the case for all games in this genre. Even LoL. Team games like this in pubs end up being who's the best individual player. If the team is winning, it's because of the best player, if it's losing, it's because of the worst player or whoever the scapegoat is that game.

The Dota2 community isn't as volatile right now because nothing is on the line. It's a beta, and people are trying to understand that there can be new players who don't know what they're doing playing this game. Past the super elitism in HoN beta from the DotA pubstars, it was like that as well in HoN beta. Then when retail comes out and MM actually 'means' something (ingame currency, records, whatever), that's when the beast will come out.

Nevertheless, I've had several games in Dota2 where people complain about ksing, even when i'm the carry and they're the support (and I even did the most damage). It's a bit annoying, but I've learned not to care. There are also those people who find it amusing to assert their 'superiority' winning in a MM when 1-2 people on my team have disconnected. Different game, same community it seems.

Also for HoN, you can use /ic to ignore chat if it really gets to that point.
Couldn't agree more, played all the DotA's fruition and all of them have the same community, in pubs/ranked/mm people blame someone for ridiculous reasons, as if support was to save carry from death, he'll get flamed for feeding instead, if his lane was ganked once or twice in 4 minutes for a whole game and the ones blaming don't assist, they'll be blaming you for dying when their team is just wrecking the lane and they sit free farming like they're not at fault.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #5590
Illien

HoN forums have been upgraded.

Also, free 200 silver coins is being given to anyone who posts "I have read the forum changes post and linked documents. I am excited to be a part of the new and improved HoN community!" in this thread.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #5591
Illien

S2 has been upping their PR strats.

DivA for one has been posting a lot, and has his twitter 'leaking' all kinds of stuff.

Then, we have S2 Plays.
Invited discussion on the F2P rotation system.
Honniversary reward choice
And a quick look at GD has several S2 posts in a lot of the threads.

Also a timely official response/manning up regarding the supposed blatant copy/alter/paste of one of their commissioned concept artists for the Valkyrie alt (old Aluna alt).

Not bad. Not bad.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #5592
R.U.Sty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide7 View Post

fuck I thought you were an old post of mine.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #5593
wesai

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.U.Sty View Post
fuck I thought you were an old post of mine.
ROFL same, until I saw the name.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #5594
suicide7

Ellonia
What S2 doing with this hero?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #5595
Glac1al

Seems not too bad, I wonder what the numbers will be tho. More short-cooldown nukers, kinda forced synergy hero imo tho.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #5596
oulay

I have a question , Is hon a different game cuz it seems to be more like DotA??
Old 04-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #5597
Glac1al

It's 'different game' with some of the copies and it's own exclusive changes to add comparing to dota. (no secret shop but regen items/wards in it etc.)

Old 04-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #5598
hideinlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulay View Post
*Replace Battle.net with something way more superior that constantly evolves and has the most responsive netcode of the whole genre.
*Copy DotA almost 1:1 up to 50 heroes.
*Then completely do your own thing changing everything you don't like about DotA for nearly 2 years on a weekly basis.
*Add 50 of your own unique heroes, and more alt avatars than anyone can ever acquire.

That's HoN.

DOTA2 is a copy of DotA like it was 2 years ago, with a few updates(which almost occurred yearly).
Old 05-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #5599
Eliphas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideinlight View Post
*Then completely do your own thing changing everything you don't like about DotA for nearly 2 years on a weekly basis.
Turned Faceless Void/Chronos from a lategame monster into a pussy. Also, Madman isn't barely viable as a serious carry.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #5600
suicide7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulay View Post
yes
S2 say Heroes of Newerth is inspired from dota
i think icefrog give permission to S2 to copy some heroes and detail map
but now s2 try to make a different
change some ability from dota heroes like keeper of forest and traxex or viper etc
s2 change the map to be something different like at bottom river there are new way
and in HoN no stuck at the trees not like dota .
that's why dota not allow venge and butcher to use dagger because with it you can make player stuck at the trees
some items is copy . But s2 try to make different , even not at all item .
Like crystal item in dota , in hon it's can be upgrade by 4 times
  Entertainment Video Games