Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #81
Hex-

Default [OFFICIAL] Graphics Team application thread

● Reason for joining: I've been on a sig making spree recently for the PlayDotA Fan Fiction & Literature members (you'll know its my sig if it has PDFF in one of the corners), i've been a sig maker for a while, 2006 i think i started making them, but i took a break of like, 2 years because my computer broke and i had no real motivation to make them. I started again recently, and the first sig i made was the one i'm currently using, followed by Lucky's, Craxuans, Dzinks and Kianas.

Anyway, i want to join because i may not be the best at making signatures but making them regularly will help me improve by a lot, and given that i want to do Graphic Design when i leave school, it would help me out a lot out of PlayDotA.

● Photoshop/sig making experience: Been making since 2006, didn't have a lot of help so a lot of the things i came up with weren't all that good (i was addicted to the bevel tool :P). Lost everything of that when my old PC broke down, but now back into it. Made sigs for myself, Kiana, Luckyisthename, Dzin-Zakk and Craxuan over at PDFF.

● Examples of your works: In order of which i created them...

Last edited by Hex-; 01-03-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Changed the examples of my works to better ones.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:52 AM   #82
hotSnow

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] Graphics Team application thread

Reason for joining - I want to kill time alongside wanting to further develop and discover my proficiency in making not just tags but for large pieces as well.

Photoshop/sig making experience - About three years by now so I'm quite knowledgeable about the interface of the program and had since developed some potential techniques as you can see that below.

Last edited by hotSnow; 01-03-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:00 AM   #83
TheTrickster2

- Reason for joining
I enjoy making sigs and want to improve. I have time to make several sigs daily most of the time. With the exception being midterm week, finals week, etc. It seems that most of the graphics crew is pretty busy and having a hard time keeping up with requests, and I would like to help.

- Photoshop/sig making experience
My first time working with PS was in April, I made like 7 sigs then had to uninstall, I reinstalled just recently and am planning on sticking with it for quite a while. So really I only have a few weeks experience.

- Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine)
http://www.playdota.com/forums/39654...ers-portfolio/
Old 01-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #84
Kriegskanzler

Suggestion Award Literary Award 

I would like to apply as a member of the graphics team.

Reason for joining:
I've been making a lot of sigs and banners lately, and though it is a mere hobby, I thought going one step further with it could help me improve. The main reason I'm joining though, is to help out PD members with their requests. I've been asked by a PD member lately if I could do a sig for him. I said I am not allowed, since I am not a member of the graphics team in PD. So I thought, if I could join here, then I could probably help such PD members out with the humble talent that I have, and perhaps, by doing this on a regular basis, then it could help me improve on my skills.

Sig-making experience:
I've recently installed Ps about two weeks ago, and am still studying it out, learning its processes. I'm more akin to using GIMP, and have been doing so for the past 8-9 months.

Examples of your works:
My whole journey and its improvement as a sig-maker is detailed in this thread - Krieg Kanzler's Portfolio, where you can find my very first work to the last. Not including some other banners I've made for Complete The Ability All-Stars, Complete the Hero 15 (Threads in the Suggestion Forum) and Epics and Legends Writing Battle 3, 4 and 6. (Thread in FF & Lit forum). I've placed the links so that you could also check the banners there.

Thank you very much for the kind consideration.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #85
Lotus V Eater

Signature of the Week Winner 

can join too?

reason to join: maybe my artwork isn't that great, but i like to improve myself to be the best among the best. i would like to learn a new trick from some of you guys and i like to play with my Photoshop.

experience: actually, i was one of the member in infamous DotA blog, which is DotA Strategy. i start my sig making career at that site and a get a lot of feedback about my signature. and at this PlayDotA.com, i'm lucky enough cause someone realize that i have talent in this thing and i have been requested to make banner/winning banner for 2 version of CTH already. i've also taking a sig request from one member in PlayDotA.com

Examples:

Visit My Hero Idea Portfolio
I Do Accept Signature Request!

LOTUS V EATER'S HOMEMADE ICONS : CHECK IT OUT NOW!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #86
carlvic
Graphics Crew

Steam: DiVa.Nimbus

Reason for joining:
Hi my new application form... as you know im active and i do sigs and stuff like that..
i also do photo editing, video editing and traditional art

Photoshop/Sig making Experience:
1.5? idk i lost count

Examples of yer works:
first of all my portfolio:
http://www.playdota.com/forums/177297/carlvic-here/

THE FIST FIGHT BEGINS
Old 04-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #87
id820

I know my english suxballs, but my gfx skills are pretty good, ehehe
Reason for joining
Well, i dont have much to say, i would like to join the staff to be exact hehe, but thats not possible at the moment, and im not an active forum member, thats why im applying for "unofficial" graphic team, i would like to help members without Graphic knowledge, and who knows, maybe, join the official team to help with the game GFX, like logo and stuff , sorry, but im Brazilian, and my english suxballs.
Photoshop/sig making experience
I started making stuff on photoshop back on 2005, TBC times i think, ye, world of warcraft addicted hehe, and then, couple years later, like hm.. 2007, i started reading about flash, but im better with photoshop stuff, flash is nice, but i dont have patience to read more about AS, etc.
Examples of your works
Well, i think you should visit my portfolio, id820 , im going to post some works here anyway, just for example:

Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #88
Champ

Reason for joining - Enjoy working with photoshop and designing signatures. I would like to help the graphic forum because its been kinda of slow with new stuff and I feel like I could be a good asset to the community.

Photoshop/sig making experience - Had photoshop since i was in 7th grade and I just graduated high school so I have a lot experience with it.

Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine) - ChampArt on deviantART
Last edited by Champ; 08-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #89
[AirCoN]

Delete.

Last edited by [AirCoN]; 01-28-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #90
D.ar

- Reason for joining
I want to join because I'm working a lot with Photoshop + Illustrator, and I think I can help.
I'm making sigs since June 2008.
Check em' on my devArts-
Daskalot on deviantART
ZikaGFX on deviantART
Old 10-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #91
Gabriel_5991

- Reason for joining: I love to work in photoshop with alot of different people and make requests to them so I can skill my PS skills, in the future I plan in use my Photoshop abilities to something useful-

- Photoshop/sig making experience: I started to hang around in photoshop like 5-6 years ago for fun and started to learn. Last 2 years I actually started earn money from that, nothing big but thats awesome considering I enjoy doing it.

- Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine): Going to post only Signature/Avatars:

"If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions? "
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #92
morelamb

hello, i am a highschool student, i've been watching this forum for quite some time. it was just recently that i had realised how unactive the art forum is, especially with such the huge community of dota. i was pretty busy in school, but now i am free, and before i get into my final years of school, i want to express my creativity.
i started using photoshop when i was a kid since 2006 (on and off), i was the typical sig making, stick animating kid. i have matured in the past years, especially with my goal to become a better artist (working towards a design career, ). i've been a graphics mod on a gaming forum, back in early 2009. it had a active graphics community. i stopped modding because of stress and school.
my creative goals have changed in the past months, ive been pondering my future, self-identity and life. i believe in high quality art, with actual appeals to aesthetics and concept, and i despise the low benchmark/standardization, that "graphikz sigmakers" have set for the internet.

here is some of my work.
recent -

i have to hunt down some work, as i reformatted last month.
2010 -
2009 -

2008 -

Last edited by morelamb; 10-13-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #93
nipchinkdog

- i would like to apply as a member of the Gfx Team.PASSION is my only reason why i am capable of doing great things for it if given a chance..

- regarding my work/skills/gift....because i love what i am doing..averything comes out makes there is heart on it..please check my work.

- please check my work here: nipchinkdog production
currently i made this
and Kanal von DotaCinema - YouTube official logo..
Old 10-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #94

- Reason for joining

I came here for DotA themed artworks for inspiration, was lurking back in 2009 and observing the posted artworks here. But actually I kinda forgot I was registered here so this is my comeback haha. I adhere to be active if ever I will be chosen, rather I didn't see post count as a requirement

Almost four years, started at the most humble beginnings
Been the head graphics moderator on the official forums of Bleach vs One Piece (BvO) and some other minor forums

My actual latest back in early 2011 (around February, this is a request)

My HDD got wiped back on 2009 or 2010 I think, so if you need, proof I managed to upload some PSD because someone was suspicious of my works on some old forum and demanded screenshots of PSDs. So if you need the screenshots I'd be glad to give them, sorry but that's all I have for now as proof but I would be happier to take on requests I dont even expect to get into the team on the first try since my post count is rather low but I'll prove my worth as time goes by
Old 10-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #95
AvunaOs

Hi there, I would like to take part in this crew.

Reason: I've been contributing a lot to the HoN community, but in the last year it went very aggresive, so I left all stuff regarding HoN. So I'm back at the DOTA community, this was always my place, should never had left this forum.
Basicaly over the time I've been in HoN signature making I learned a lot (lightning, rendering, blending, effects, coloring, etc) so I would love to be part of a graphics crew

PS Skills and Examples: You can find both on my portfolio.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #96
larkan111

- Reason for joining:
Well im not a pretty active person when it comes to posting and i have not been interested in these forums on the 09 but now its all cool, My main reason for joining is to give some of my spare time to contribute in these forums using my skills in terms of "graphics.
Ive been using photoshop for 1.5 years and have been tagging since.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #97
J1Tah

- Reason for joining honestly? one of my fav gfx websites went down, and i've been looking for replacement. i am also intrested in running SOTW!
- Photoshop/sig making experience really experienced, years now. i also study graphical design

that's it basically. also my deviantart includes some of my sigs :> (most early works are in my photobucket, im too embarrased to post URL here...)

^get your own Here
Old 11-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #98
Fate Trap

Steam: fatetrap

- Reason for joining: Because of the lack of Graphic Crew and Member requests need to be cleaned, also I like making tags.
- Experience: Started seriously learning from this January.
- Examples: Here.

Click to see my portfolio.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #99
AndroidPron

- Reason for joining: I just love creating pictures. And I think thats all I need to join.
- Photoshop/sig making experience Well I'm using PS since 1 1/2 years now. Teached myself with YT tutorials.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #100
Adrian92

Pretty sick stuff
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #101
LostENT

Hey!

I have more of a niche skill to contribute and I'd be really happy to be a part of the graphics team. I think I've contributed a lot to the forum and have been around since Dota-Allstars.com. I went through a bit of trouble during the beta-key distribution (purely because of my love for DotA), but I really think I've made up for it.

- Reason for joining
Well, I've spent a lot of time creating animated avatars for Playdota.com which can be used on other forums as well (including Twitter!). It has gotten to the point where I can make four or five a day depending on my free time. Considering that there are countless ways to make these avatars, I can guarantee that there are plenty more to come. I also update my signature every day with a new 'featured' avatar and complete requests on demand.

I'm not exactly a photoshop buff, although I do use it occasionally. Sometimes I'll create really cheap photoshop images just for laughs, but nothing serious. As I said, my specialty is creating gif's and especially those used on forums. This is why I think I would be an excellent addition to the team. If a forum user can personalize their account with an avatar and/or signature, I specialize in the animated avatar.

My signature shows my .gif collection. There are over 80 of them and their numbers are constantly growing. The more I make, the better they get. Check em' out

I've also begun dabbling in animated user-bars. This is my first one- and I know I can get better at it with the more I make.

Thanks, and I hope to be a part of the team

-LostENT
Last edited by LostENT; 06-14-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #102
Ex_Venomancer

Steam: ֆմb๏ղsi๏մs

Reason for joining: I am an editor in different websites or community team. More from DeviantArt, facebook pages and groups.. I have so many free time so I could spend time longer with the given duty to me if I will be accepted.

Photoshopping Experience: I am using PSCS3 for 3 years, SAI for 1 year and a half... my pentablet was broken now.. I got stuck on PSCS3 now ._. I am going to upgrade it to CS7 to it, but not yet still installed.

Examples of my work:
these are albums or my gallery...
http://furanshizuryuu.deviantart.com/ > some of my works are posted here... some of my digital drawings are here..
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6098172&type=3 > my cover photos..
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6098172&type=3 > typography..

I am hoping to be a part of the team!
cheers Graphics Team

Old 07-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #103
MZ_Mordiggian

Reason for joining:
I m mostly in dota 2 low priority pool. so i m free mostly and i like making sigs.
Photoshop Experience:
Have been using casually for last 3 years started sig making about 6 months ago.
Examples:
My sig (i ll edit in some more).
Old 07-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #104
MZ_Mordiggian

aa
Last edited by MZ_Mordiggian; 09-03-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #105
crozzdota

Reason for Joining:
This has been my new purpose in life. It's like my day is incomplete without thinking new concept/s, learning new techniques and practicing my skills. And thanks to the people here in PladyDotA because a lot of them urge and encourage me to put effort and hardwork in this stuff. This is my only way to help others by making signatures and the likes for them and showing my gratitude because they help me also. This is my passion.

Photoshop/Sig making experience:
I started learning in Photoshop since March 2009; trying different kinds of art thru wallpapers, still signatures. In animated signatures, i started last month of June 2012. I admit that i need to take a lot of learning curves for me to improve my skills that's why i continue to study for it.

Examples of my Works:
I have been doing a lot of animated signatures you can check some of it here in my portfolio:
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...80#post5753480

Last edited by crozzdota; 09-03-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Fix something
Old 09-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #106
Fate Trap

Steam: fatetrap

Reason for joining and Experience combined in an essay-ish thing:
So that I can have the authority to clean up all the things in Member Requests. When I first started coming here it was a nice and clean place where the Graphic crew members were the people who could make proper comments and critics and also clean up the Member Request section. The rules in the section said only GC can take up requests but due to the two main mods dying and going inactive the rules were no longer valid. So I decided to take up requests and learn PS. It helped me spend my time much more productively and also it increased my creativity. I read hundreds of tutorials tried every techniques. In my time to shine I pretty much fulfilled every requests and improved along the way. Frankly the whole reason why I wanted to learn to make good signatures is that I wanted to have a badge that I can carry around all around the forum and also a title which pretty much comes with it. So yeah I really think I deserve this.

Examples of my Works:
In my eyes I can't really see which of my works are better or worse. So instead of copying my portfolio here I would like to ask you (Lycan probably) to go to my portfolio.

Yours truly, Fate Trap. (Also I'm a bit sad that I wasn't accepted before this T^T)

Click to see my portfolio.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #107
Razer.Cyberias
Graphics Crew

I just realised i havent posted here before, so...
hi
Old 10-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #108
NitroSkim

Reason for joining
To help the members have awesome sigs because I have plenty of free time (even though classes will start I really don't study my lessons but I am in the 2nd section)^_^
Photoshop/sig making experience
2 Years. (Still 15 y/o)
I have some illustrator experience, some on after effects, I am very familliar with Sony Vegas, and I am going to start to study Adobe In Design

Examples of your works (5-7 should be fine)
I'll get 2 from my 0-1 year, 2 from my 1-2 years, and 3 from my latest works

Very First Sig