Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #41
Unnamed_
Banned

Default My Theory on Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioticus View Post
Red part is false.

given a population inbred enough, the genetic difference between each individual would be low enough to potentially allow transmissible cancer. There is nothing special about being human.

Also, if there's any truth to what wikipedia says, an instance of transmissible cancer has infact occured between humans:
Transmissible cancers are rare in humans. A malignant fibrous histiocytoma was contracted from a patient by a surgeon when he injured his hand during an operation
Lymphoma - blood cancer. Should a woman that has it become pregnant, her child will have Lymphoma as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #42
Lord_Talron

Default Re: My Theory on Cancer

allow me to march in and end this discussion

ill use stephen hawking's argument for why he thinks the government isnt hiding proof of aliens from us

they're doing a much better job at covering this up than they are everything else

/thread
Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #43
Unnamed_
Banned

You just made no sense whatsoever.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #44
Idioticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed_ View Post
You just made no sense whatsoever.
Think of the effort required to keep aliens a secret.

For example, imagine a single space vessel being hidden by the US government.

1. A military base to hide the vessel in.
2. A military force strong enough to repel a direct assault on them.
3. A maintenance staff (cleaners, repairmen etc)
4. An army of scientists to study the thing so that you actually make it worth something.
5. You have to make sure all these 10,000+ people can keep a secret from their families, friends, strangers when they're out getting drunk etc.
5b) If they aren't allowed to leave the facility, you need a group of people to enforce that rule, and you must either keep them in the dark or you have to make sure they can keep a secret.
6) You have to make sure your army of people are located somewhere no one knows where, yet be able to transport huge amounts of resources without being noticed.
7) You have to have leaders who can keep a secret.
8) You have to either eliminate or be entirely sure anyone who was previously involved in it doesn't tell anyone.
9) You have to fund the thing, without revealing any info on what is being funded.

Now, this thing has bloated into a 100k+ people charade, due to friends, family, any social interaction. How can anyone believe not a single one of them would ever say anything?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #45
Pwntlolz

considering that the speed of light is considered a limit and that the closest habitable planets we know of are 20 light years from the earth it is pretty much assumed that travelling that far is impossible

the amount of energy required to go that far would be extraordinary, as well as the fact that it would most likely take hundreds if not thousands of years as spaceships going at the speed of light seem very unlikely
I'd say remove the stun from shackles and shes fine.

"I ain't no scientician but I don't remember being no monkey."
"Family reunion tomorrow, better buy some condoms."
-Redneck Randal
Old 04-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #46
Lord_Talron

what about aliens that have learned how to be self sufficient as they travel the stars for thousands of years?

and thanks Idioticus
Old 04-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #47
Pwntlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
what about aliens that have learned how to be self sufficient as they travel the stars for thousands of years?

and thanks Idioticus
sounds likely

-Redneck Randal
Old 04-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #48
Mazoku

Quote:

and thanks Idioticus
What if they just dont travel through 3 dimensions the same way we do (excluding time)?

Each aditional dimension provides an equal or shorter path to a location. 1D beeing the one that provides the longest route and 3D the shortest we are aware of.

If we were able to travel through dimensions above 3 we would be able to take those shortcuts without having to go at a tremendous speed.

A basic example would be going from US to china. You can travel in 2D on the surface in a plane or you can go in 3D in a straight line through earth.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #49
Pwntlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku View Post
A basic example would be going from US to china. You can travel in 2D on the surface in a plane or you can go in 3D in a straight line through earth.
you do realize a straight line is 1D, right?
if this was 2D the distance through the earth would be infinitely small, so the ratio of the distance of travelling through the earth in 2D to going through the earth in 3D would be infinitely small, i.e. it would be smaller than the ratio of the nucleus of an atom to the entire universe

ITT: people theorizing about stuff they have no knowledge about

-Redneck Randal
Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #50
Unnamed_
Banned

Be on Topic. Cancer and aliens aren't connected.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar....html?ITO=1490
Quote:
A vaccine that targets a molecule in 90 per cent of all cancers has been developed by scientists.

Results from the first human trial - on patients with blood cancer - found all had greater immunity to the disease after receiving the vaccine. Three of the seven patients who have completed the treatment are now free of the condition.

Researchers believe the jab could also tackle breast, prostate, pancreatic, bowel and ovarian cancers.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #51
Mazoku

Quote:
if this was 2D the distance through the earth would be infinitely small, so the ratio of the distance of travelling through the earth in 2D to going through the earth in 3D would be infinitely small, i.e. it would be smaller than the ratio of the nucleus of an atom to the entire universe
You are not geting the example so ill change it.

A 1d beeing will only know for sure that 1 dimensional traveling is posible.

This is how a 1D beeing would see his world:

The 1D beeing would be happy as he knows that the shortest route from one end to the other of the line is marked by that same line. However, he is unaware that he is traveling on the dimensions above, wich means there is indeed an equal or shorter route he is unaware of.

This is how a 2d beeing would see his world as well as the 1d beeing world:

This means that if the 2d beeing wants to travel from lets say (0;3) to (3;3) it will take him the same distance as the 1D beeing.
But what would happen if we take another 1 dimensional world out of the infinite amount contained in the 2 dimensional universe?

Take this one for example:

The one dimensional beeing living in sin (X) would think his world is flat, a simple straight line. Little does he know that he is moving on 2 dimensions.

The one dimensional beeing would be willing to put his hands on fire when he says "the shortest route from (0;0) to (0;pi) is in fact sin (X). However, the 2 dimensional beeing knows thit is BS, the shortest route is from 0--->pi using the shortest 1 dimension route ("A straight line").

This means that the 2D beeing has a huge advantage over the 1d beeing as he gets to chose the the best posible 1d route to where he wants to get.
He is not confined to a single 1d route as the 1d beeing, but he gets to chose from an infinite amount of them and can get to an infinite amount of points the 1d beeing cant (for example (0;1)).

---

But then the 3d beeing arrives to the party. He gets to chose a route among an infinite amount of 2d universes. Wich means he can come up with a shorter or equal path to a location.

From red dot to red dot:

Black: 1d beeing shortest route
Green: 2d beeing shortest route... a straight line on his flat world.
Blue: 3d beeing shortest route... he goes through the cilinder chosing a 2d plane!

---

And then a 4 dimensional beeing arrives to the party (wich is us, fairly easy to imagine an example if you understood all of the above), he gets to chose among an infinite amount of 3d universes... and then a 5d and a 6d and a 7d and an 8d, etc.

If we were able to know how to take these shortcuts, using more than the current infinite amount of 3 dimensional universes we get to chose from we might find a more eficient route to a desired location. Ho needs to travel faster than the speed of light when you can chose a more eficient route? China might be 5 minutes away from U.S. (walking at 5 mph) in the right direction.... its so anoying.

Quote:
All routes come down to 1D, however it is the amount of choices that make the diference.

1D beeing has only one choice, 2d beeing has an infinity amount of choices, 3d beeings have an infinity of an infinity amount of choices, etc.
Last edited by Mazoku; 04-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #52
Ali Radicali

^ I'm not a big physics buff, but I'm pretty sure your analogy only applies to the first three dimensions. After that, we get time, after that, AFAIK the dimensions are only theoretically observable to us at a quantum level, and I'm not sure we're still talking about spatial dimensions then.

Again, not claiming to be an expert here, but I seriously doubt learning more about the fifth dimension or whatever woul affect our travel tech.

The fourth dimension on the other hand.......
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #53
Mazoku

Quote:
^ I'm not a big physics buff, but I'm pretty sure your analogy only applies to the first three dimensions. After that, we get time, after that, AFAIK the dimensions are only theoretically observable to us at a quantum level, and I'm not sure we're still talking about spatial dimensions then.

Again, not claiming to be an expert here, but I seriously doubt learning more about the fifth dimension or whatever woul affect our travel tech.

The fourth dimension on the other hand.......
We live in 4 dimensions, so here is another analogy that takes the examples one step further.

We exist in time unlike the examples i provided, wich means we can chose when to take action. Each time frame contains a hole 3d static universe.

What is the distance to the moon?

A 3d beeing would say without a doubt X however we exist in 4d wich means we should answer "at what time?". Unlike a person that exist in 3d we can actualy chose the right time (when the moon is closer to the earth) and chose that time to make a trip, thus making an equal or more eficient trip. Yay... you have just used time to cut through the third dimention. You chose the best posible 3d universe, inside that 3d universe the best 2d universe and inside that 2d universe the "straight line".

Same concept aplies to every day life. We use time to shorten distances (for example you wait for the bus at the bus stop, you dont run 15 miles to get to it).

Every aditional dimention makes the trip equal or shorter, it doesnt matter if they are spacial or temporal. That is why it is so awesome.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #54
Pwntlolz

a 4th dimensional being would be reminiscent of God
in fact, you might as well call all 4th dimensional beings gods

"If we encountered them, we would find they can perform levitation, bloodless surgery, disappear in front of our eyes, walk through walls. Nothing would be hidden from them, no matter how hard we tried to hide."

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/fourth.html

-Redneck Randal
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #55
Mazoku

Quote:
a 4th dimensional being would be reminiscent of God
in fact, you might as well call all 4th dimensional beings gods

"If we encountered them, we would find they can perform levitation, bloodless surgery, disappear in front of our eyes, walk through walls. Nothing would be hidden from them, no matter how hard we tried to hide."

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/fourth.html
I was not talking about 4 dimensional beeings but 3 dimensional beeings that have learned (if posible) how to travel through the dimensions above.

If 4, 5, etc dimensional beeings exist i doubt we can ever comprehend them even if they know we exist and come in contact with us.
Take us for example, we can consider ourselves 2d gods, however how can we know if 2d beeings exist? We canot see, touch , etc 2 dimensional stuff. We are stuck in 3 (4 with time).

If we were able to somehow learn how to travel through the 5°, 6°, etc. dimension we would be able to acomplish far more than anyone can ever dream. Shortening distances is close to nothing compared to the potential doing something like that has.
It would pretty much mean godlike powers.
Last edited by Mazoku; 04-09-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #56
Lord_Talron

holy crap bring up an example and sheesh...
Old 04-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #57
IHateLeavers

Perhaps, after all democracy is just advanced form of manipulation.

This is the level of games where Drow is OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=cOmcaqEqyYo#!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #58
LtTuvok

There's nothing like resting with a cold beer in your hand after a long hard day and seeing this. Cancer -> Aliens and conspiracy -> physics and dimensions and god knows what else tread just makes you lol and forget about all the troubles.. Life IS good.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #59
banjkan3

what an odd suggestion..
Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #60
Pwntlolz

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

-Redneck Randal
Old 04-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #61
Eliphas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
allow me to march in and end this discussion

ill use stephen hawking's argument for why he thinks the government isnt hiding proof of aliens from us

they're doing a much better job at covering this up than they are everything else

/thread
Read that line a couple of weeks ago in his book. Gotta write it down for future use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unnamed_ View Post
Be on Topic. Cancer and aliens aren't connected.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar....html?ITO=1490
More than 10 years ago, I think, it was announced that scientists came up with a possible cure for cancer. However, like almost every other good news being given too early, it failed to pass the rigorous tests necessary to release it to the general public.
I'd rather wait for a more definitive result in the same way I don't trust most futurologists' predictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateLeavers View Post
Perhaps, after all democracy is just advanced form of manipulation.
What we have is a form of democracy which is intended to work with millions of people. It serves its purpose coz most people are glad they don't have to make decisions.

Before anyone complains, I wrote a few pages back that OP's theory is ridiculous.