Suggestion Award 
Default Re: Complete the Hero 22

Anyone can review my hero ??

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showt...69#post4825069
Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #163
menage0a0trois

Suggestion Award 

Thank you for such a well though out review. It is very useful and is greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevfigalo View Post
1. Far Sight
Main issues:
-imbalanced
-weak scalling
Too good for counter-warding. "Map hack every" 18 seconds is nice enough. I would remove true sight. However, I have no idea how to balance numbers. I bet I would make it with less duration (no true sight, no need of duration) and greater aoe, but cooldown is a hard to set.
Concept is fine, a bit upon average.
Thank you. I haven't even considered wards so I'm thankful you pointed it out.

As for the scaling, I really thought a 25% increase in the area affected would be enough. But I suppose you are right. It doesn't really provide much intensive to be leveled up.
Quote:
2. Thunderbolt
Main issues:
-too weak early
I just find it impossible to trigger the stun on first level. Looking on cooldown, duration and casting animation it seems impossible to stack it enough times. Therefore, i find that scalling is the way to fix it. Set cooldown to constant, scale damage and eventually play with AoE. Increase duration to make it more flexible?
Concept is fine, average.
Your right. It is too weak early, kinda. Your suggestion might be better but for now I think small tweaks are enough.

Rescaled cooldown from 4/3/2/1 to 3.6/2.8/2/1.2 seconds.
Added clause, "Does not interrupt movement nor player orders".
Adeed clause, "Every stack refreshes the debuff's duration".

Quote:
3. Spirit Totem
Main issues:
-overcomplicated mana drain, which I don't like
It's personal opinion, but this skill is crap. To be honest, I would find "Mana Rip" (something like soul rip but working with mana) ten times better. Same usage (mana transfer), but simpler, more mobile and not helping enemies.
Concept is overcomplicated.
The whole point of this ability was to force the enemy to clump up together, making them more susceptible to Thunderbolt.

I'll try to rethink this ability but it's not going to be easy.

Quote:
4. Hurricane Winds
Main issues:
-too weak
Meh, what to say. Global 10/15/20% slow is extremely weak. Level first is extremely outclassed by any normal slow. At level 3, 80% slow seems good, but it is so situational and hard to make profit on it... Attack speed reduction doesn't help. Short duration, long cooldown.
Finally, non-channelling Tornado with global casting range would be more interesting/useful in my opinion.
Concept is a bit boring and seems hard to balance.
Yes. It's very hard to balance.
Quote:
Some synergies:
Hurricane Winds disallowing enemies to go out of range of totem...
Overall, I noticed all those numbers (800 cast range, 1000 aoe, 800-1000 the most powerful slow), but the problem is fact that ulti has so huge cooldown. To be honest, i find those synergies negligible, not having serious impact on gameplay. What is more, 200 distance is max 2 seconds of moving.
Thank you. I hadn't considered that Hurricane's long cooldown would affect the synergy of his spells so much. I don't think I had considered it's affects at all.

Quote:
Hurricane Winds slowing only visible enemies...
Such a great synergy with first skill, but it seems so forced. What I want to say is that I see no reason for ulti to not working on not visible enemies except to create this "synergy" and allow enemies juke you to make ultimate even weaker.
Actually, having hurricane only affect visible enemies was a minor balancing thing. If it affected every enemy on the map, it would slow down every creep wave. Yes, it's only a minor balance issue but it was one I believed was significant enough to matter.

Quote:
Gameplay:
Personally find Far Sight quite interesting and entertaining. That's all. Thunderbolt might be ok if you add some freedom to it (longer duration), because now it is really forcing you to focus on single target hardly. It would be fun if you had stacked it 3 times on hero, then focus other hero for some reason and finally trigger stun on the first target when needed.

Overall:
I find this hero bad right. Not single outstanding skill (1st and 2nd is fine, but far from being great), while 3rd skill and ultimate looks really weak in terms of utility. In my opinion, there is much to work on.
You have pointed out many issues I had not even thought about. Thank you. I'll be working on addressing those issues asap.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #164
cluGAmERsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by menage0a0trois View Post
Is it too early to ask for reviews?
Far Sight - It's too imba, free wards supports? Anyway I think increasing either the cooldown or mana cost will do the trick.

Thunderbolt - Interesting. So its like a Soul Catcher? Anyway its balanced IMO. Good secondary challenge.

Spirit Totem - Seems legit. Its quite complicated, but I do get how it works. Seems balanced enough for me.

Hurricane Winds - TOO WEAK. Maybe slow invisible units too? Few questions though, is Drek' thar the hurricane? the hurricane is instantly spawned in the middle of the map? or It spawns in front of him? IMHO its an okay secondary challenge too.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #165
One.More.Game.

Location: HUEHEUHAUEHAUEHUAEHUAEHAUEHAUEHAUEHUAEHUAEHUAEHUHUHEUHUAHUAHEUHAUHAUHEUHAEUHUEHAUHAHUAHUHEUAHUEAHEUH

Thassarian, the Lichborne
ThemeWell this sort of fits, since it's a death knight, and all three themes somewhat relate to the Undead theme.
PresenceNothing to say here, since it is needed for the creation of his main spells.
Secondary AbilitiesNo Comment.
Blood StrikeAdded damage + Lifeleech, not much to say except that it breaks the "each spell gives out one stack" rule
DegenerateAcceptable skill. The mechanics of this skill seems to be optimal for ganks. Also, slightly OP because one average nuke will increase the stack count by 2.
Abomination's MightSubpar lifesteal, with a percent chance to add a stack. Well, this skill is pretty generic, that's all
InfestationPretty neat skill, but I don't see much use for this since you're only going to focus on one target.
Frost StrikeThe added damage is still there + knockback, but this is ok since it synergizes with his skillset
Frozen GuardSo, a better version of TA's Refraction - the damage? More on the Meh side.
Chill of the GraveOk spell, the percent chance to place a Disease debuff is still there.
ObliterateAhh, a nice looking spell which puts good use of the stack system. I approve of this skill
Unholy StrikeThe same 'damage + secondary effect' is here, nothing else to say.
Devouring SicknessPretty nice DoT spell, ideal against low HP heroes.
Plague SpreaderGeneric cleave, but the way of infecting a unit looks nice.
Blighted RadiationReally nice spell. Works very nice with his other abilities, but increase duration a bit, i don't think 8 seconds is enough to get 16 stacks unless you're lucky. I suggest 10 seconds, maybe?
OverallSpell effects seem too generic, but the stack system makes up for that.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #166
fremdlaender

Suggestion Award 

I want to remind people, that I won't add anybody to the contestants list without recieving a PM with the link, even if you already posted your hero here.

Rules are there to be followed.

Last edited by fremdlaender; 04-08-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #167
NuclearCookie

No fancy colors from me, sorry.

Here we go with Mal'Ganis:

First skill: You seem to have quite a big flaw with this skill. You give it a max of 10 summons, each lasting 120 seconds, but a cooldown of 20 seconds. Simple math says you would need 180 seconds to get 10 summons. so for 120 secnds you can get out a maximum of 6 zombies, which means that your subskill can give you a maximum of 18 strength, which is somewhat negligible, due to you having to sacrifice 6 hard hitting zombies.

Second skill(far too lazy to look at names.): Does the aura also apply a debuff? That would be imbalanced since it will cause a non-stop application of debuffs on a target. Also it is too reliant on allies to have any impact, as you have a total of 1 debuff (two, if ulti is a debuff, not a simple disable).

Third skill: Passive Expulsion. The subskill is nice though, synergizes with the second skill, and if you blow your zombies up while it is next to an affected unit it could suffer quite a lot. The problem is that the aura is too strong. Consider going against a melee laner. Every time he goes for a deny or last hit he takes damage.

Ultimate: Interesting idea, but the addition of the disable makes it imbalanced. He teleports from pretty much two screens away with all his zombies and starts whacking at you, while you are left in spectator mode. With a few items, hell even just one MoC this ulti would mean insta-death to almost everyone, and it has a very short cooldown.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #168
sweetxPopcorn

Primary Challenge: Keeper of the Grove
Secondary Challenge: One ability has to disable the opponent. This disable has to be invoked in a special way, that does not yet exists in DotA. (Tree target-able disable)

Keeper of the Grove
Cenarius

Background Story: Cenarius is one of the famous demigod that often protects the forest from any danger. Like their lesser Dryad sisters, the Keepers appear to be half Night Elf, half stag. They have enormous antlers and manes of leaves that flow down their backs. Their right hands are disfigured and twisted - as if they had become like the gnarled root-claws of the Treants. Cenarius possessed many strange powers over nature and the animals. Though they typically remain within the sacred Moon Groves of Ashenvale forest, the Keepers always heed the call to arms when the greater lands of Kalimdor are threatened.

Strength - 19 + [1.8]
Agility - 18 + [1.9]
Intelligence - 21 + [2.9]

Affiliation:Sentinel
Damage:42 - 57
Armor:3
Movespeed:300
Starting HP/MP:511/273
Attack Range:600

Entangle - (Active, Single Tree Target, Instant)
____________________Cenarius plants seed of destruction into one targeted tree. The tree will undergo weird mutation process, creating a vicious veins all over it. Any nearby enemy hero will be grasped and entangled, if he wanders too close to the tree.

______.________._______.___._______.__________________________.
 ManaCooldownC. RangeAoEDurationEffects
18016 sec600*3002 secThe veins will entangled one random enemy hero for the stated duration.
210014 sec600*3503 secThe veins will entangled one random enemy hero for the stated duration.
312012 sec600*4004 secThe veins will entangled one random enemy hero for the stated duration.
414010 sec600*4505 secThe veins will entangled one random enemy hero for the stated duration.

Notes:
  • This entangle acts like Naga Siren's net.
  • Block by Linken Sphere.
  • *AOE is the valid search area for nearby enemy hero.
  • Effect doesn't end even though the tree is being destroyed.
Force of Nature [R] - (Active, AOE, Instant)
____________________Transform any random non-hero unit within an area into a powerful army of treants. The treants are invulnerable and only lasts for 2 attacks.

112010 sec6001005 sec/2 attacksMax of 1 treant. Treant are invulnerable and deal 100% of your base damage on the 2 attacks.
213510 sec6001505 sec/2 attacksMax of 1 treant. Treant are invulnerable and deal 130% of your base damage on the 2 attacks.
315010 sec6002005 sec/2 attacksMax of 2 treants. Treants are invulnerable and deal 160% of your base damage on the 2 attacks.
416510 sec6002505 sec/2 attacksMax of 3 treants. Treants are invulnerable and deal 190% of your base damage on the 2 attacks.

Notes:
  • Non-hero units here can be allied creeps, enemy creeps, summons and even NC.
  • Treants are completely under your command and considered as your unit.
  • The treants will vanish once the duration is over or 2 attacks has been done.
Thorn Aura [G] - (Passive)
____________________An aura that gives friendly units around the Keeper of the Grove a chance to fully penetrate enemy's armor while attacking.

1N/AN/AN/A400N/AAny normal attack have 15% chances to ignore 100% of enemy unit's armor.
2N/AN/AN/A500N/AAny normal attack have 20% chances to ignore 100% of enemy unit's armor.
3N/AN/AN/A600N/AAny normal attack have 25% chances to ignore 100% of enemy unit's armor.
4N/AN/AN/A700N/AAny normal attack have 30% chances to ignore 100% of enemy unit's armor.

Notes:
  • N/A
Tranquility - (Active, Channeling, Global)
____________________Cenarius summons the full power of mother nature. All allied unit (including buildings) will be healed per amount of loss HP. Does not affect full HP unit.

1100100 secGlobalN/A3 sec20% of loss HP as heal/sec. The % will be doubled if the unit HP is below 10% of Max HP.
2100100 secGlobalN/A4 sec30% of loss HP as heal/sec. The % will be doubled if the unit HP is below 20% of Max HP.
3100100 secGlobalN/A5 sec40% of loss HP as heal/sec. The % will be doubled if the unit HP is below 30% of Max HP.

Notes:
  • This spell consume mana/sec, so overall mana used for this spell is 300/400/500.
  • Heal goes through Magic Immune.

Last edited by sweetxPopcorn; 04-08-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #169
Klagger

Suggestion Award 

Anyone can review mine...thx for one more game yours review.
I change my hero entirely.
Here is it : http://www.playdota.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=40
Old 04-07-2012, 03:45 AM   #170
One.More.Game.

Location: HUEHEUHAUEHAUEHUAEHUAEHAUEHAUEHAUEHUAEHUAEHUAEHUHUHEUHUAHUAHEUHAUHAUHEUHAEUHUEHAUHAHUAHUHEUAHUEAHEUH

Tweaked the hero then. Thanks for the reviews!
Also second ability does not count, and third ability applies an individual debuff for 3 seconds. It sort of creates chaos in the enemy's status bar.
Last edited by One.More.Game.; 04-07-2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Derp
Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #171
sweetxPopcorn

any review for my hero? i would like to know the good and bad, so that i can fix him...

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showp...&postcount=168

thanks...

Old 04-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #172
Famousewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetxPopcorn View Post
I do not see your point, what are you implying?

Edit: Oh wait, Is that your entry? I thought you were stating something about mine D:
Last edited by Famousewok; 04-07-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #173
fremdlaender

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremdlaender View Post
I want to remind people, that I won't add anybody to the contestants list without recieving a PM with the link, even if you already posted your hero here.

Rules are there to be followed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famousewok View Post
I do not see your point, what are you implying?

Edit: Oh wait, Is that your entry? I thought you were stating something about mine D:
HerpDerp.

Too obvious?

Old 04-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #174
Famousewok

Quote:
HerpDerp.

Too obvious?
Okay now you got me confused. I really don't see how sweetpopcorn's post had anything to do about the PM-criteria for the contest.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #175
TL-Flames

It doesnt, he' just reminding people that when they send their PM to him to include the link to their hero entry.

Or at least i think thats what he is saying.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #176
Famousewok

Well, I'll take it that way then :P

Also, if anyone would care to review for a review I would be glad to do it.

My entry: Cenarius
Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #177
fremdlaender

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL-Flames View Post
It doesnt, he' just reminding people that when they send their PM to him to include the link to their hero entry.

Or at least i think thats what he is saying.
Indeed.
I also quoted Famousewok's post in combination with my reminder as he was one of those guys who forget sending a PM.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #178
Dark Rogue

Just a random review I decided to do on cluGAmERsy's hero (without fancy colors and thingamajigs):

Glacial Field looks like its fun to use. But the decreased regen is absolutely useless (1% is beyond pointless, considering Sobi Mask gives 50%), so I certainly hope it's a typo.
Crystal Ice Dome is not particularly interesting. There really needs to be some damage built into it in my opinion. Perhaps like Ion Shell?
Ice Shatter is very much like Tiny's Craggy Exterior if I understood correctly? Perhaps you can move some mechanic from Crystal ice dome into this and give the other one damage?
The ultimate is really nice, and works well with the other spells. The problem is they don't really work very well together without it.
Overall it's a nice design, but a little rough around the edges. Honestly, I think it could use some more work here and there.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #179
cluGAmERsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rogue View Post
Just a random review I decided to do on cluGAmERsy's hero (without fancy colors and thingamajigs):

Glacial Field looks like its fun to use. But the decreased regen is absolutely useless (1% is beyond pointless, considering Sobi Mask gives 50%), so I certainly hope it's a typo.
I just added the degen to add some more stuff but I'm considering buffing and putting it on crystal ice dome.
Crystal Ice Dome is not particularly interesting. There really needs to be some damage built into it in my opinion. Perhaps like Ion Shell?
I suppose putting the buffed degen here would be nice or at least some dot or dps as you say.
Ice Shatter is very much like Tiny's Craggy Exterior if I understood correctly? Perhaps you can move some mechanic from Crystal ice dome into this and give the other one damage?
I'll consider.
The ultimate is really nice, and works well with the other spells. The problem is they don't really work very well together without it.
I'm afraid some one would say. Guess needs some tweaks there tweaks that, right?
Overall it's a nice design, but a little rough around the edges. Honestly, I think it could use some more work here and there.
Thanks lots! *Starts editing*
Will review later after homework.

Edit: Red!
Old 04-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #180
mecoolass

How do you guys make those template. Where do you guys get those icon? Do you made the icon? I'm interesting of making a hero. But I have no idea how to start. What is the basic?? I already made one. I'm not sure what else do I need.

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742776
Old 04-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #181
fremdlaender

Suggestion Award 

^
Templates are found within the opening post, at the helpful links section.
I suggest using Dark Kenshi's template or the offical one, as they are the most easy to use and edit.

Beginning a hero suggestion normally starts with having a good idea or generally a good concept. If you are more expirienced, however, you can start with an unused model and think about what it could bring into DotA. To start at the 'expirienced' level, I'd suggest you to read trough the several guides about hero making within the Compilation of useful links.

Edit: Icons can also be found within the useful links section or you can ask other persons to find/ create some.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #182
mecoolass

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #183
AmplifyMagic

hero's story > "unused" model.
Plus most likely these suggestion will be inspiration for Blizzard Dota, which has no restrictions for character models, only limited to our creativity.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #184
NuclearCookie

I don't want to start another "power levels" type argument with you, but stating that this is likely going to be an inspiration for blizzard DotA is just far too much. I don't really understand why you believe that this fourm here is of any inspiration to anyone, and honestly I don't care, but stop giving fake information and false hopes to people, and mostly yourself. If it happen, fine, but it is deffinitely not likely, let alone most likely.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #185
Killin4Fun

Guys review on My hero could really be helpfull

note: this noob just noticed you need to PM the boss for entry
Old 04-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #186
moon_strike

Interesting challenge
I should join this contest

If I cannot find any decent model , can I use model hero in dota?

Note : I create hero with robot skin . Based on WoW , gnome races .

credits to Name Rater
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #187
NuclearCookie

Check hiveworkshop.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #188
cluGAmERsy

Blaze of Glory - Very good skill. Synergizes with the other spells really good. Somewhat balanced, no other comments.

Crystalline Volley - Its basically a channeling spell? If it is, it'll be a pain in the a$$ and somewhat breaks some synergy with Blaze of Glory. Please say no! Its a good spell really, good for harassing, and probably babysitting.

Skyfall Star - Okay, its really a good spell but I don't get the "Each successive cast within 10 seconds is twice as powerful as the previous", I mean you need to make another within ten seconds and then the cooldown is ten seconds? Please explain to me, I don't get it.

Plight of Norgannon - Now this makes Skyfall Star IMBA. First of all I'm okay with increasing cast range and reducing cooldown. But increasing Skyfall Star's aoe by 250! Imagine a 750 aoe slow and damage every seven seconds. That's just imba. Maybe 25 or 50 aoe sounds better.

Overall - Its a good hero with good spells. Just needs some nerfing and buffing. Spells have good synergy between each other which is good.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:54 PM   #189
Dark Rogue

Yeah, I'm not really sure what I was thinking with 250. Live and learn :3. As for Skyfall Star, the way it works is, is as follows:

0:01 - You cast Skyfall Star (level 4) in an area with one unit - <hero x> in it.
0:01 - <Hero x> suffers 100 damage (pre-resistance) and is slowed for 25%.
0:08 - You cast Skyfall Star in the same area with two units - <hero x> and <hero y>.
0:08 - Both <hero x> and <hero y> suffer 200 damage (pre-resistance) and are slowed for 50%.
The next time you use it, they'd both take 300 damage (200*2=400, but it's capped at 300) and be slowed for 75% (again, because of the cap).

or

0:01 - You cast Skyfall Star (level 2) in an area with one unit - <hero x> in it.
0:01 - <Hero x> suffers 50 damage (pre-resistance) and is slowed for 15%.
0:10 - You cast Skyfall Star (level 2) in an area with two units - <hero x> and <hero y>.
0:10 - Both <hero x> and <hero y> suffer 100 damage (pre-resistance) and are slowed for 30%
The next time you use it (within 10 seconds), they'd both take 200 damage, and be slowed for 60%.

The idea is that at level one you aren't able to dish out as much damage with it, somewhat giving you more of a reason to level it. But I think I'm going to increase the improved effect period and increase the cooldowns accordingly. Oh, and Crystalline Volley is not channeled.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 AM   #190
AmplifyMagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearCookie View Post
I don't want to start another "power levels" type argument with you, but stating that this is likely going to be an inspiration for blizzard DotA is just far too much. I don't really understand why you believe that this fourm here is of any inspiration to anyone, and honestly I don't care, but stop giving fake information and false hopes to people, and mostly yourself. If it happen, fine, but it is deffinitely not likely, let alone most likely.
You must live a sad depressing life, i feel sorry for you.
You can find inspiration in whatever you do, no one can tell you otherwise. Stating your suggestion won't be inspiration just goes to show you don't have what it takes to move people.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #191
CSDT
Banned

Hello, everyone. I am very interested in the contest and willing to join in. I will bring the Mag'har hero Garrosh Hellscream, a reckless battler. I see none of current contestents have brought such heroes. Hope you will like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Grom.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	61503
Berserker
Garrosh Hellscream
Name:  gromicon.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  8.3 KB
Name:  BTNAbility_Warrior_Cleave.JPG
Size:  8.5 KBName:  BTNAbility_Warrior_BloodFrenzy.JPG
Size:  2.1 KBName:  BTNAbility_Warrior_EndlessRage.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  2.0 KBName:  BTNAbility_Hunter_SwiftStrike.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  2.0 KB

Template by The Lord God.
Made using Saguine's Hero Maker

Primary Challengehttp://www.wowpedia.org/Garrosh_Hellscream
Secondary ChallengeThe special movement disable of Berserker's Rush
Last edited by CSDT; 04-15-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #192
NuclearCookie

Official argument thread. A special callout to AmplifyMagic, with whom we have been spamming this thread since it began. Please, take the argumnet there, so that the rest can finally have their peace ( and fremdlaender doesn't disqualify me).

Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #193
Lord_Talron

this contest seems too restrictive if you ask me, i suppose ill wait til the next one to make my debut
Last edited by Lord_Talron; 04-10-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 AM   #194
fremdlaender

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
this contest seems to restrictive if you ask me, i suppose ill wait til the next one to make my debut
Restrictive?
The contest makes you have a certain theme (that you even can choose yourself) and the hero needs to have an unique disable.

Every other conceptual or gameplay aspect is up to you.
I'd say, this is one of the most free contests ever, but I don't want to force you to join. :P If you don't like it, you don't like it.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:45 AM   #195
R.B.Economy

Suggestion Award 

Guy I think we should join for the sake of contributing not winning. Of course that doesn't mean we should give out any less effort in contribution than a competition. It's all about our mentality.

Thanks to judges NuclearCookie, Necamijat and special thanks to Lotus V Eater for the banner.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #196
Lord_Talron

Quote:
Restrictive?
The contest makes you have a certain theme (that you even can choose yourself) and the hero needs to have an unique disable.

Every other conceptual or gameplay aspect is up to you.
I'd say, this is one of the most free contests ever, but I don't want to force you to join. :P If you don't like it, you don't like it.
well it just seems like that to me because i have to go and find an existing idea and i cant make my own using the skill ideas mentioned. id rather build a story around a skill rather than a set of skills around a story i guess
Old 04-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #197
TheBig(D)

^ You're wrong my friend.You don't have to build a set of skills around a "story".You just have to go with the theme of the character you chose.That's totally easy.Look at my hero,Baron.The guy is nothing like his counterpart in WoW and I can change his skills to shadow theme like no problem but then I'll be disqualified if I don't find a guy with shadow theme
My thoughts.Decision is still yours
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #198
moon_strike

can i use the Boss in WoW

here is the link http://www.wowpedia.org/Mekgineer_Steamrigger

i found from http://www.wowpedia.org/Gnome

credits to Name Rater
Old 04-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #199
CSDT
Banned

See my first post for my newly made hero, Garrosh Hellscream!!
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showp...&postcount=191
Old 04-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #200
moon_strike

Jastor Gallywix
Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel

Description:Jastor Gallywix is range agilty hero , that really ambitious to kill anyone at the range , Magnetic Hook , pull target and steal MS , Rapid shot able you to increase attack speed depending how close you and target , Gunblade active to gain splash damage , Magnetic field pull all target withing range for a few second

Background Story:Jastor Gallywix is the much-maligned Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, one of the most powerful goblin trade guilds on Kezan. Jastor Gallywix now with different skin , he now is robot with magnetic power , no one can run from him .
Strength - 21 + [2.25]
Agility - 22 + [2.15]
Intelligence - 18 + [1.75]

Movespeed:300
Starting HP/MP:549/234
Attack Range:600

Magnetic Hook - (Active)
Type: Active
Targeting: Enemy Unit
Hotkey: R
Jastor Gallywix use his power to pull enemy and steal MS every second , last 5 second

ManaCooldownRangeAoEDurationEffects
19520700N/A5Deal 60 damage , pull target by 300 units . Steal MS by 10 every second
210018700N/A5Deal 120 damage , pull target by 350 units . Steal MS by 15 every second
310516700N/A5Deal 180 damage , pull target by 400 units . Steal MS by 20 every second
411014700N/A5Deal 240 damage , pull target by 450 units . Steal MS by 25 every second
  • type damage: magical
  • Pull have 500 units speed
  • Cannot steal MS if target have 100 MS
  • after 5 second , MS back to normal

Rapid Shot - (Passive)
Targeting: Self
Hotkey: T
start from 600 range for +5/7/9/11 bonus AS . Increase AS every 50 range closed you and target .

1N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AIncrease AS by 2 , up to 23
2N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AIncrease AS by 4 , up to 43
3N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AIncrease AS by 6 , up to 63
4N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AIncrease AS by 9 , up to 92
  • minimum range for bonus AS is 150 range
  • only work on heroes
explanation for bonus AS =
  • 600 range = +5/7/9/11 AS
  • 550 range = +7/11/15/20 AS
  • 500 range = +9/15/21/29 AS
  • 450 range = +11/19/27/38 AS
  • 400 range = +13/23/33/47 AS
  • 350 range = +15/27/39/56 AS
  • 300 range = +17/31/45/65 AS
  • 250 range = +19/35/51/74 AS
  • 200 range = +21/39/57/83 AS
  • 150 range = +23/43/63/92 AS

Gun Blade - (Active)
Targeting: Self
Hotkey: E
Active to gain great splash to nearby enemy units for a few second

15025N/AN/A1040% splash in 100 AOE , 20% in 250 AOE , 10% in 375 AOE , 5% in 550 AOE
25025N/AN/A1060% splash in 100 AOE , 35% in 250 AOE , 20% in 375 AOE , 10% in 550 AOE
35025N/AN/A1080% splash in 100 AOE , 50% in 250 AOE , 30% in 375 AOE , 15% in 550 AOE
45025N/AN/A10100% splash in 100 AOE , 65% in 250 AOE , 40% in 375 AOE , 20% in 550 AOE

Magnetic Field - (Active)
Targeting:Self
Hotkey: E
Create a magnetic field within 700 range , all enemy units will be pulled every second . Last 6 second

115090N/A700640 damage per pulled , pull by 75 units every second
217590N/A700650 damage per pulled , pull by 100 units every second
320090N/A700660 damage per pulled , pull by 125 units every second
  • Type damage is Magical
  • Pull take 0.5 second
  • Cannot Block by Linken

Changelog :
  • Change 3rd ability from platinum body to be Gun Blade
  • now rapid shot only work on heroes

credits to Name Rater
Last edited by moon_strike; 04-25-2012 at 04:56 AM.