Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #921
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline

Default Yuri


/o/
\o\
/bows
I would like to start a discussion concerning the subject of the topic, but I don't know how to attract people except for naked pics of hot chicks
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:29 PM   #922
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

I wouldn't worry bout that. When the discussion posts start to appear, most people will believe pics were posted, and they will come to this thread anyway :3
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #923
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
I wouldn't worry bout that. When the discussion posts start to appear, most people will believe pics were posted, and they will come to this thread anyway :3
Then what type of discussion (that is not off-topic) are you hinting at here?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #924
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaCrescent View Post


Then what type of discussion (that is not off-topic) are you hinting at here?
Well, I thought you had something in mind when you posted that "I would like to start a discussion concerning the subject of the topic" ( ._.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #925
megamega
Member
 
megamega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nobody cares.
Posts: 919
megamega is offline
Default Re: Yuri

So remind me what's this thread about besides pics of naked chicks on chicks?
__________________


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #926
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Oh wait, I just remembered something I wanted to talk about

Long time ago, I watched some sci-fi anime called Stratos 4. It was about a group of friends (girls) who were preparing to become space pilots, who would go to space and blow away asteroids on a crash course with earth before they fuck shit up in the surface.

Decent sci-fi actually, with cool spaceships and all, but the camera angles when they piloted the ships clearly shows the "plot" in the series (if u kno wat i mean), so at the time, I thought it was just another mindless fan-service anime, in space, and with tight suits (oh, how I fucking love skin tight clothing...). Then, yuri undertones started appearing, and I swear that's the whole reason I continued to watch the anime till the very end. To emphasize, I say that I only watched the show in the hopes of some yuri action. That's what fan-service is all about, right? Show the audience some nekkid gurls, and they will stick around just in case you do it again. I mean, there is porn on the web, but why fap alone in your room, when you can watch ecchi on the family living room, right?

I think my main question here is, is yuri nothing but some type of fan-service to japanese, or is there some yuri story that actually analyses the psyche of the girls undergoing the situation of sexual finding? Considering the general audience of anime/manga, and also considering my assumptions of the misogynistic japanese culture, I tend to believe only a handful of shoujo novels would actually deal with the matter in a delicate and realistic manner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 AM   #927
Mr. Foxxie
Member
 
Mr. Foxxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alfheimr
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 5
Mr. Foxxie is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Ooo, interesting. For me, I think the most yuri would go in standard anime is to the extent of fanservice and undertones, and in more extreme cases, skinship. If we want some explicit PLOT then I doubt its gonna be aired over TV.

In all honesty though, I prefer cute yuri without the intercourse. Yes, the girls love each other and want to get married etc, but skip the bedroom scenes pl0x. I'd totally watch an anime like that, because girls are cute, romance is cute. Romance between girls is gonna be cute^2.

Recently I've been looking for non-h Sayaka x Kyouko doujins, because for one, the artists draw the pair really cute, and the romance between the two of them is very heartwarming as well. Not that I'd mind bedroom scenes, but without them its still very cute.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:19 AM   #928
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Hey, since it's not H I think you could link us to those doujins in here :3

Quote:
If we want some explicit PLOT then I doubt its gonna be aired over TV.
So you agree with me that Japs simply can't write a truly good and realistic story focusing on yuri not because it's fan-service?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #929
Mr. Foxxie
Member
 
Mr. Foxxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alfheimr
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 5
Mr. Foxxie is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
Hey, since it's not H I think you could link us to those doujins in here :3


So you agree with me that Japs simply can't write a truly good and realistic story focusing on yuri not because it's fan-service?
Not really, I watched a series a while ago called Candy Boy, while it wasn't released on TV, it was a story about yuri between 2 sisters. Well, they were seriously in love, and it was like those kind of romance anime, except the guy is a girl. There wasn't any fanservice of sorts, and yet I found it decent, the only part I was slightly disappointed was that it wasn't really an 'animation' so to speak, many of the scenes is just a picture being scrolled through while the voice actors talk in the background.

Still, the story was captivating.

But as for a real yuri story, its kinda hard to come up with one without fanservice.
Actually, its kind of hard to find ANY anime without fanservice nowadays.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:45 AM   #930
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Foxxie View Post
But as for a real yuri story, its kinda hard to come up with one without fanservice.
Actually, its kind of hard to find ANY anime without fanservice nowadays.
Heh, some older and grumpier person than me could go all "those were the days" :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 AM   #931
Mr. Foxxie
Member
 
Mr. Foxxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alfheimr
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 5
Mr. Foxxie is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
Heh, some older and grumpier person than me could go all "those were the days" :P
Its not like I'm complaining or anything, but I'd actually like storyline instead of mad fanservice.

Some shows are ridiculous and go overboard with purely fanservice and zero plot. Shows like R-15, ZnT S3. I mean, if you're gonna go pure fanservice, at least make it unique or exciting fanservice like what TLRD is doing. (What's better is that TLRD actually has some plot as well.)
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 AM   #932
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

You know, the way I usually see ecchi and fanservice in anime (and in real life TV just as well) is like, if I wanted to see some boobs and asses, I would just watch some fucking hentai and be done with it. If you wanna go for the sex appeal route, that's cool with me, but you should go all the way, and that way my friends, is pure and simple porn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:14 AM   #933
Mr. Foxxie
Member
 
Mr. Foxxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alfheimr
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 5
Mr. Foxxie is offline
Default Re: Yuri

But you see, in porn, showing boobs and ass is normal, unlike in normal media.

Like if you saw a boob shot in a movie that's mostly action, you'd probably do a double take and would rewind to see it again if you could.

Its like that 'gap-moe' logic.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #934
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Foxxie View Post
But you see, in porn, showing boobs and ass is normal, unlike in normal media.

Like if you saw a boob shot in a movie that's mostly action, you'd probably do a double take and would rewind to see it again if you could.

Its like that 'gap-moe' logic.
I understand your point, achieving a bigger impact on the audience for the exact same scene, but even then, I find it as an extremely delicate balance to handle. Show too much, and the effect gets diminishing returns as it progresses, show too little, and it will feel out of place and tacky. I feel most scenarios always end up falling in one end or the other of the spectrum, and in both cases, I'm left disappointed.

That's why I think it's better to leave sexuality with its dedicated media (AKA porn), so the rest of the audio-visual world can stay clean of it's.... um, let's say, perversion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #935
Mr. Foxxie
Member
 
Mr. Foxxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alfheimr
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 5
Mr. Foxxie is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Well, I'm don't mind either way, but because sometimes fanservice is used to convey a comedic scene, it might be necessary. Most of the times I noticed that fanservice always comes with comedy scenes, rarely I see purely fanservice scenes.

And then there's the dirty jokes part which is hilarious always, but too much of it make it bland.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #936
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Mmmm, I haven't considered fan-service for comedy sake, I just saw fan-service as... well... fan-service, I mean sex, but I admit that it can have it's uses for comedy, an aspect I have overlooked.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #937
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
I think my main question here is, is yuri nothing but some type of fan-service to japanese, or is there some yuri story that actually analyses the psyche of the girls undergoing the situation of sexual finding? Considering the general audience of anime/manga, and also considering my assumptions of the misogynistic japanese culture, I tend to believe only a handful of shoujo novels would actually deal with the matter in a delicate and realistic manner.
How did I miss all this?
Alright, I, for one, have seen good (decently plotted + yuri NON-undertone) animes, although extremely hard to find (and to get a hold of).
It is also a bit unthinkable to have mainstream medias showing fan service/dedication to minorities (considering how gay marriage isn't allowed in Japan). There are also certain issues with yuri animes, considering how they are (if being a sequel from a manga) less likely to include direct yuri scenes/hints and might screw up the whole idea of the original series. A very good example would be this, a blog article I wrote when I still holds the Lapis lazulia account,
Also, it is obvious considering my stand point that yuri is more than simply fan service, but that has been twsited around so much it's hard to truly define what is yuri in the mainstream animes nowadays. Also, yuri # sexual findings, there are, and would still be, lesbians who is perfectly aware of their sexual orientation (I refuse to use the term sexuality, because whatever they are, they are still girls). Yuri as a genre emphasizes the romance, never the "fan service".
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #938
Roger Black
Member
 
Roger Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Posts: 7,072
Roger Black is offline
Default Re: Yuri

just read the wall of texts...tldr:
yuri mainstream anime should not have h-scenes cos those are for hentai series?
yuri mainstream anime should emphasize more on the romance and relationship rather on the sexual parts?

i would personally enjoy a series where there are good dose of all 3 factors because that is what a couple is about; romance, relationship and sex

relationship = commitment; romance = intimacy; sex = passion

E:now everyone pronounce the word "passion" with french accent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Triangular_Theory_of_Love.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	61499  
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #939
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Black View Post
just read the wall of texts...tldr:
yuri mainstream anime should not have h-scenes cos those are for hentai series?
yuri mainstream anime should emphasize more on the romance and relationship rather on the sexual parts?

i would personally enjoy a series where there are good dose of all 3 factors because that is what a couple is about; romance, relationship and sex

relationship = commitment; romance = intimacy; sex = passion

E:now everyone pronounce the word "passion" with french accent
Pas-si-on!
Those things tl;dr-ed was mostly of Foede, I would be happy with just a mainstream yuri anime to show that people are not afraid of actually digging down to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #940
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

<--discussion killer
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #941
Roger Black
Member
 
Roger Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Posts: 7,072
Roger Black is offline
Default Re: Yuri

the only anime i watched that tackles social issue is Rainbow...but it was set on post ww2, not now...its either the anime producers are hesitant because real life issues doesnt bring in that much audience or there are some sort of cultural barrier that prevents them from talking about it

of course there was NANA with its pre-marital pregnancy, ano hana with its hikikomori and myself; yourself with its incestuous relationship but they did not focus on the social issue but rather on the relationship btw ppl
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #942
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

It is rather easy to understand how the social issue is standing and "out of reach" most of the time. Not to mention with the advent of corporate media reign over animes, it is going to be hard before I can truly enjoy one that has the following
*Lead yuri couple
*Definitely more than undertone
*Grown up
*Has a part where it describes the meaningful relationship
*(some) fanservice would be nice <-pervert

If only..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 AM   #943
HHHNNNGGG
Member
 
HHHNNNGGG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Posts: 10,104
Blog Entries: 6
HHHNNNGGG is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Yo guys, it seemed I missed some interesting discussions... Nah, it can't be helped, my comp-chan has been taken away from my reach and now I can only use the internet in the internet cafe (

I'm into yuri romance rather than explicit PLOT. It is too cute to bear anyway. And it seems Mr. Foxxie-sama also into Kyouko x Sayaka too :brofist:

On a side note, I dislike H but I don't mind some Yuri H. However, non-H Yuri is still my fav (well, fav can be fap anyway :3
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #944
Roger Black
Member
 
Roger Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Posts: 7,072
Roger Black is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaCrescent View Post

*Lead yuri couple
*Definitely more than undertone
*Grown up
*Has a part where it describes the meaningful relationship
*(some) fanservice would be nice <-pervert

If only..
+1...but i want the whole anime about their relationship, not only a part
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:06 AM   #945
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Black View Post
+1...but i want the whole anime about their relationship, not only a part
Oh by all means yes, but you seem to misunderstand my point.
I said a part DESCRIBING it, doesn't mean it's not supposed to be ABOUT it. It was simply meant to put more plot than just simple romance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #946
Roger Black
Member
 
Roger Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Posts: 7,072
Roger Black is offline
Default Re: Yuri

^yeah...like suddenly a dude likes one of the FC but he doesnt know she's in a relationship with another girl...DRAMA~~~

or better...another girl likes one of the FC...o damn~
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #947
Mr. Foxxie
Member
 
Mr. Foxxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alfheimr
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 5
Mr. Foxxie is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Black View Post
^yeah...like suddenly a dude likes one of the FC but he doesnt know she's in a relationship with another girl...DRAMA~~~

or better...another girl likes one of the FC...o damn~
O dayum.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #948
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

E hem
I would like to take a break from all this seriousness (and impending drama) to announce
...
Bunny suit day!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not say I did no warn about the NSFW-ness though







  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #949
Roger Black
Member
 
Roger Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Posts: 7,072
Roger Black is offline
Default Re: Yuri

n1 posting epic pics while we are in a srs discussion

gg wp
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #950
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Discussion killer at his best.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #951
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Because I need a reason to triple post
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #952
megamega
Member
 
megamega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nobody cares.
Posts: 919
megamega is offline
Default Re: Yuri

What the frick Traxex's looking at me as if she's gonna rip my balls off or something.
__________________


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #953
Lapis Lazuli
Member
 
Lapis Lazuli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On girlfriend's bed
Posts: 2,450
Blog Entries: 13
Lapis Lazuli is offline
Default Re: Yuri

This seems like the thread has been derived all discussions
Y we no discuss :<
__________________

I have finally gotten around to fix the link for the blog, cheers


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #954
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Um guys, instead of complaining why no one discusses anything here, why not try to generate discussions yourselves or something... ( ._.)

In fact, let's do that! Let's discuss why we don't discuss. Do you think yuri as a genre is that shallow that there's nothing worth discussing?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 AM   #955
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
Um guys, instead of complaining why no one discusses anything here, why not try to generate discussions yourselves or something... ( ._.)

In fact, let's do that! Let's discuss why we don't discuss. Do you think yuri as a genre is that shallow that there's nothing worth discussing?
It's not exactly shallow (migh be if we judge the number of yuri-related works), but it is also hard to actually get into since:
*Straight girls: no yuri
*Lesbians: <-small number
*Straight guys: have enough heterosexual animes to imagine themselves in
*Gay guys: no yuri
*Bi: well mostly choose like straight guys due to it being the "safe" route

As you can see, only a small portion of the straight guys and/or bisexuals and lesbians watches yuri, and on this part of the forum there's what, one lesbian? People would still want to watch conventional shows regardless. Not to mention how the yurism is almost always too subtle to generate fan base. If it's not subtle then it's probably not famous enough.
As far as I know, I'm the only guy here that would focus on NOTHING other than yuri. It's a daunting task, but that's just me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:20 AM   #956
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

I'm not sure the audience thing works like that. I mean, I'm not gay, but I still love some yuri every now and then, and have enjoyed a few homosexual related movies, like Milk for example.

If I'm allowed to be quite honest here, I would go and say that there's not much to discuss here, because there's not enough material to discuss about.

I imagine that if someone created a thread here about Seinen anime/mangas or Shounen, people would talk, because there are lots of shows to talk about within that particular genre. The same if you go with Horror, Slice of life, or just Comedy or Action.

Bottom line, I'm not sure the sexual orientation of the main romance is enough to make it qualify as a full fledged genre.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #957
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
I'm not sure the audience thing works like that. I mean, I'm not gay, but I still love some yuri every now and then, and have enjoyed a few homosexual related movies, like Milk for example.
I'm pretty you just said exactly what I did. Unless you horribly misunderstood me somehow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
If I'm allowed to be quite honest here, I would go and say that there's not much to discuss here, because there's not enough material to discuss about.

I imagine that if someone created a thread here about Seinen anime/mangas or Shounen, people would talk, because there are lots of shows to talk about within that particular genre. The same if you go with Horror, Slice of life, or just Comedy or Action.

Bottom line, I'm not sure the sexual orientation of the main romance is enough to make it qualify as a full fledged genre.
There are a lot of materials to discuss about. Yes, it is not quite the same with the main streams, sub stream or even yaoi (cough) but there are quite a few. The problem is though, taken from the people here, those are not famous enough to grasp a central audience because they are:
*Unconventional: We all know how main stream works
*Taboo in certain evironment/societies because it tackles an extremely senstitive topics
*General lack of audience (as I have pointed out already)

The mass media itself is the problem, not the genre.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 AM   #958
Mr. Foxxie
Member
 
Mr. Foxxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Alfheimr
Posts: 15,180
Blog Entries: 5
Mr. Foxxie is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Let's be honest and just say that instead of discussing, many people just fap till their balls shrink.

On the one hand, yuri isn't all about h-materials and all that, but MOST of it is. And no matter how hard you try to insist that it isn't just because MOST of it is, it won't help much. Some people will understand, but let's face it, most people will just view it as fapping material.

And how often do you see people having a long and engaging discussion about fapping material?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #959
Foede
Forum Manager
 
Foede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Elysian Fields
Steam: foede
Posts: 17,796
Awesome 
Foede is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Foxxie View Post
And how often do you see people having a long and engaging discussion about fapping material?
I wish I would... ( ._.)

EDIT: Oh wait, I think we did, at the Hentai thread o.o
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #960
Sonic
Member
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,006
Sonic is offline
Default Re: Yuri

Ehh, what's next, Yaoi?
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Thread Tools