Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
Elle'
Banned

Default [Interactive] The Big Game Hunters

This would be a starting point for my writing here in FFnL. I am taking inspiration for this Interactive from aegis and his touhou fiction from the old DA site. I will give a story then you people will choose from a given set of decisions. Your decisions will affect the outcome of the next chapter and the following ones.

I realize I'm an amateur at this things, but still try and try until we make something fun right?

This might contain gore, and MA+15 depending on your choices as well.

Let's start:

Prologue:

The port of Nautila was tumult of battle. Outside its walls legions of demons and undead were trying to breach its defence. The main gate was protected by footmen and legionnaires. Archers and riflemen were raining down torrents of bullets and arrows but the tide of the Scourge was still unfaltered.

High atop the viewing tower stood a man, aged yet unbending, fierce in presence but stoic in nature. The man was like a still ship in the middle of a raging storm. Looking down upon the siege, his thoughts swirled for the possibilities so that his men could come out victorious in this battle.

Suddenly a dwarven gunner came from the staircase, “Sire, the message has been sent to Furion. Allied forces are now enroute here from the elven forests.”

Kunkka answered in a voice rooted from the sea, deep and full of upbringing. “Good but they will need to make haste, our supplies are running out and a blockade has also been placed in the sea. Do you know in which way they will be taking?”

“No message was given about that sire, though it will probably be a week or so before they can come to our aid.”

“Unless they go for the Forest of Creed, then it will only take a few days.”

“The Forest of Creed sire? Rumors abound that demons and other creatures have infested it sire. It would be suicide to go there, and besides sire only a small party can be sent from that route.”

“I know, I know Kardel but do not lose hope. Furion would probably send his fastest and fiercest warriors to our aid. For now let us go and help the men below.”

Meanwhile at the Sentinel Base:

“So Furion, who will we choose for the expedition on the Forest?” Syllabear’s body rippled as he shook himself. Beside him, his Spirit Bear woke from its slumber and look at the figure his companion was talking to.

“We can only send a small group for this expedition, Omniknight and Alleria already volunteered to go. Two more heroes and I think they will be ready.” Furion looked out at the encampment and looked at heroes and warriors getting ready for the march to battle.

“Then who will be the last two? We will need another male and female duo.”

List of heroes to pick for male heroes:

A. Dragon Knight
B. Rogue Knight
C. Magina
D. Juggernaut
E. Nortrom
F. Bounty Hunter

List of heroes to pick for female heroes:

A. Crystal Maiden
B. Luna Moonfang
C. Lina Inverse
D. Drow Ranger

(Note that the choices would decide the fate of the story. Choose well )
Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Varya

Default Re: [Interactive] The Big Game Hunters

Wow, this is interesting.

Well I'd go for Rogue Knight and Drow Ranger.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #3
Strange_Kid

^
Same for me, the other is used too much on serious story.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #4
Elle'
Banned

Only 2 people? Oh well, I'll give it another day and if no one replies again, I'll just continue with you guys.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
wesai

Juggernaut and Luna Moonfang. Juggernaut has his "tribal feel" and Luna's panther could be interesting, seeing how she is devoted too.

I should visit the Fan Fiction forums more often. ^.^
Last edited by wesai; 04-10-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
Mortality11

I call Dragon Knight and Drow Ranger,this is gonna be interesting....
Old 04-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
BlaZikeN_105

I second DK and Drow too.
Frost dragon+cold arrows+torrent would be cool!!(if u include the fight sequences ofcourse...)
The grace upon her face that dimmed
Pearled Luna's glow.
Visit FnL or (even better) my Blog to taste my poetry.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Elle'
Banned

Drow is now surely in the story. But how about the male hero? We have an impasse here with two RK and two DK. o.o
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #9
God of Death

Steam: The God of Death
Suggestion Award Literary Award 

Dragon Knight
Old 04-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
BlaZikeN_105

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Death View Post
Dragon Knight
Yay i believe DK has won!!
DK is way more interesting than RK anyways....
The grace upon her face that dimmed
Pearled Luna's glow.
Visit FnL or (even better) my Blog to taste my poetry.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Dzin-Zakk

Suggestion Award 

V A G I N A
Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
wesai

Juggernaut would be so cool, he isn't "badass" but the way he acts and do stuff could fit interestingly in this story.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to read more of this.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #13
Elle'
Banned

Furion eyed two figures in the encampment before he answered. One was a fully armoured knight commanding platoons of soldiers while the other was a shadowy female ranger kneeling in the shadows of the trees.

“Dragon Knight and Drow Ranger would do well. Though we would sacrifice Davion’s leadership and Traxex’s scouting abilities for this, it would be worth it if they can get to the frontlines faster and assist Kunkka in the defense against the siege. Do you agree Sylla?”

“Yes Prophet. I think this is the best outcome. I’ll inform the messengers to send them the orders to assemble.” Sylla rose from his seat and his bear was suddenly at his side. “I hope this is really the best possible decision that we can make.” With that he ran off with his bear and made way for the start of the march toward Nautilus.

I'll be posting the next chapter in a couple of hours. Got lessons here first.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #14
Mortality11

Nice to see my favourite Dragon Knight in this story,GO TEAM DAVION!!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #15
Elle'
Banned

Here it is! Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Meet-up

Purist and Alleria walked side by side in the middle of the army while talking to the goblin Tinker. He was selling his merchandise and offering the two heroes prices for it while they were talking about the war games that have been happening in the tournaments worldwide.

“I have gotten quite a nice stock of Dust of Appearance here because a lot people tend to forget that it is quite useful. This new recruits tend to run straight into enemies thinking they could get a free kill when pop! They’re gone and now they have a ‘kill me!’ sign above your head.”

Omniknight looked at the wares and muttered “Hey Alleria, it seems we have quite a few invites as representatives for the war games. It seems the power of our skills really do seem to make us quite popular.”

“Well with your Divine magic and my Wind-based spells, it’s quite easy to see that we are top picks in those war games.” Alleria spotted a messenger coming for them and turned around to great him.

The druid approached and spoke quickly “Alleria and Purist Thunderwrath, you are required by the Nature’s Prophet Furion to his side at once. Go to nearby the grove east of here and prepare your equipment. He said that your group is all done and ready. Go and make haste!” With that, the druid took off again.

Tinker spoke with excitement at finding that his customers have a mission. “This will be a great time for my wares to go to sale. Get them now Alleria, I’ll let you pay them later when your back.”

“Thanks Tinker, I’ll get back to you later. Let’s go Purist.” Winds swirled around Alleria and enveloped her in an embrace of nature. She ran off to the nearby grove while leaving Omniknight in the dust.

“She could’ve atleast told me that she would do that.” Annoyed, he followed her path and arrived a few minutes later at arrived at inside a wide grove teaming with flowers and birds centered on a gleaming fountain. He saw that the Dragon Knight was already here, packing equipment and cleaning his armor. Suddenly, Traxex appeared behind him and whispered to Purist’s ears.

“Alleria and Furion are already talking behind the fountain. You should go there too. Davion and I will be part of the expedition too.” With this Purist walked behind the fountain and, sure enough, found Furion and Alleria talking.

“…make haste and strike east as fast as you can. Hey Purist, come here!” Furion beckoned him to hurry and join “You and Alleria would be the leaders here. Be sure exercise caution as you go to the forest. There is a nearby village that you can go to for supplies but be sure to make haste or Nautilus is doomed without reinforcements.” Drow and Dragon Knight appeared beside Alleria and Purist and looked at the Prophet for instruction.

“Now that you are all gathered here, I have few words before going in this expedition.” Furion looked at us with a grave gaze that comes before a battle. “Listen well, the Forest of Creed is sure to contain many of the horrors that the Scourge musters. Proceed with caution and trust in each other, all of you have been picked for your experiences and talents. No matter what, always trust in each other .” With that green energy swirled around him as he teleported away from us.

For the first time, the group was complete. Alleria started the discussion on whether they should head straight to the Forest or venture out to the village for supplies.

“I think we should make haste and skip the village altogether, too much time will pass and we would endanger Nautilus more.” Purist looked at the three to see if he had any opposition.

Alleria expressed alarm at this. “What in the world are you talking about, Purist no! Rushing inside the Forest without more supplies is suicide. I say we go to the village first and boost our supplies before.”

Both Davion and Traxex looked at each other before answering, they both had the same thoughts but they were afraid to voice it out loud in front of these opposing sides.

What is you choice:

A. Go straight to the Forest-Higher probability of getting to Nautilus faster without it getting destroyed but more dangerous because you wouldn’t have the essential supplies.
B. Go to the Village first and gather the supplies for the expedition. It will be a lot safer but the outcome of the battle might have been decided before you get there.

Choose wisely folks.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #16
Mortality11

Well..i suppose Davion could turn into a dragon of badassery and fly everyone to the Nautilus,but then again it could mean losing the chance of any potential help the village might offer..I will wait before deciding,i will edit in my answer later on.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #17
Elle'
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortality11 View Post
Well..i suppose Davion could turn into a dragon of badassery and fly everyone to the Nautilus,but then again it could mean losing the chance of any potential help the village might offer..I will wait before deciding,i will edit in my answer later on.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Maybe they could do that, but what if Arc Honist goes hungry and spots the 3 other heroes? :P
Old 04-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
Mortality11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle' View Post
I wouldn't do that if I were you. Maybe they could do that, but what if Arc Honist goes hungry and spots the 3 other heroes? :P
Touche
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #19
Varya

I'm confident that three Sentinel heroes can hold their own in a battle, even with low supplies. Plus, its more interesting with the suspense .

I'm going for A) Straight to the Forest.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #20
Strange_Kid

why not put C: Alleria run to get supplies while the other march to the forest, later regroup with a signal (can be purist light or arc honist flying above or traxex shot a flare)

otherwise i go for A
Old 04-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #21
Vatallus

The name Nautilus reminds me of the submarine in the film League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

I vote A. They need to hurry.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
Elle'
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange_Kid View Post
why not put C: Alleria run to get supplies while the other march to the forest, later regroup with a signal (can be purist light or arc honist flying above or traxex shot a flare)

otherwise i go for A
That would beat the point in making this interactive. I'm giving readers choices that would make implications for the rest of the story. Ofc, if there is an option that I have overseen that seems to fit the story more, I'll add it to the choices.

Hmm, no love for B? I'll be writing again tomorrow by this rate.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #23
Varya

Quote:
Hmm, no love for B? I'll be writing again tomorrow by this rate.
It's like you want us to choose B
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
Elle'
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varya View Post
It's like you want us to choose B
Not really, but I can almost imagine the carnage fun that I would write when you guys choose B.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #25
Gantz0391

Surely, option A)

Fun to see them arguing about their food supply, haha.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #26
Strange_Kid

let them have the hunger game XD
Old 04-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #27
Elle'
Banned

Next part is up! Sorry for the delay, I got sidetracked by the Hospital.

Davion spoke first after he saw the affirmation from Traxex’s face.
”Alleria, I also think that we should straight to the Forest. Though the dangers might increase, our chances of an early reinforcement for Nautila would also increase.”

Traxex followed suit. “I concur. We could always get food in the Forest and we need to make all possible haste.”

Purist looked triumphantly at Alleria. “So what now Windrunner? Have you changed your mind yet?”

“No, but for the sake of the mission I would still go with you. May the winds help us if your choice is wrong.”

With that, the group set down the path from the grove and onward to the Forest. It was long but uneventful journey. At last they found their path splitting toward two different directions. One path was toward a darkening mist that felt cold even by just looking at it while the other was a normal path where we can see the edge of a field.

“No hope that the Forest of Creed is that way?” Davion pointed at the path toward the edge of the field. Alleria looked at that path forlornly and then glowered at the mist on the other path.

“No other choice, let’s go people.” Omniknight hefted his hammer and shone a bright light through his hand. He took point and was the first to walk inside the mist. Davion followed suit and took out his sword. Both Alleria and Traxex also took out their bows and fitted them with arrows.

Venturing forth inside the forest was a thick and unwholesome experience. Everyone can’t seem to shake the feeling that someone or something was watching them. Dark shadows were cast by the trees and light seldom seemed to strike the ground. Already we were seeing signs of destruction, bent trees, old blood and the carnage of a dead body from an unidentifiable source.

“Let’s get away from here and set up a camp. I want to see how long our supplies could last.” Alleria took lead while the rest followed.

The sun was already setting in the distance when the group stopped in a clearing inside the forest. They built our tents and lighted a fire with Davion’s breath. The light caught and made ever moving shadows that bent and flowed in its own rhythmic dance. Within the campfire, each of the heroes presented what they bought with them in this expedition.

Traxex took out a variety of traps and elven concotions from her pack. She also had enough arrows for a small army that she had enchanted with frost magic.

Davion was the one with the most food supplies. He had a whole bag dedicated of them, from dried meat to bread to herbs and spices. He also had several unlit torches in his bag which he propped up around the camp and lit up.

Omniknight had also taken a liberal amount of food from the camp as well as medical supplies that he usually uses.

Alleria also had traps and devices for in her pack but she also had the map that roughly outlines the Forest of Creed. She counted out and estimated their supplies.

“By the looks of this, we could probably last with the food for around two or three days. According to this map, if we strike east and continue directly, we should have no problems clearing this forest in four days time.”

Traxex answered her “Not enough for our supplies, but with you and I hunting, I think we can still cope up for another day or so.” Alleria nodded in agreement.

“Then that’s the plan, strike east as fast as we can, kill anything in our way and join the battlefield of Nautila in 4 days time.” Omniknight smiled at how seemingly easy this was.

“That’s assuming that we encounter no difficulties. Furion said that the influence of the Scourge is very strong here. We might have to fight a few of them before we can get out of here.” Davion looked at the map and noticed that the way east had two distinct routes. “We could go for either the forest path here or this river here. Either way we head out east and still be able to get out of this forest.”

Choices:

A. Forest Path

B. River Path
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #28
wesai

Good job.

A. Forest Path.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #29
Varya

A forest Path seems like a good place for an ambush, and you might get lost in the woods. A river path is much easier to follow and has one less direction for an ambush. Hunting is also a lot easier along a river.

I'm choosing B. River path
Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 AM   #30
Vatallus

River path.

Less chances of getting ambushed there as well as a supply of fishes for lunch.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #31
Strange_Kid

v-v-v-v-vatallus!!!

forest path. Elves is better at forest.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #32
Mortality11

R-R-R-RIVER PATH!!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #33
Elle'
Banned

3 to 2 for the river path. Giving it 6 hours or so until I write.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #34
Elle'
Banned

Shit. Sadly, due to some unforeseen circumstances in my life. I have next to no time in writing anything right now. There is a low probability that I would still continue this but I would still try. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Hope I can still revive this.
  Entertainment Fiction & Literature