Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
Steric

Default Juxtapose Cap

Quick question that I couldn't find the answer to by searching.

Does the maximum number of Illusions for Juxtapose count illusions created by something other than Juxtapose,

as in:

With level 1 Juxtapose, if you Dopple Walk and use Spirit Lance (creating 2 illusions) Juxtapose can or cannot activate?
Old 05-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
Heraklinos

Default Re: Juxtapose Cap
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

No, you can even buy Manta for more illusions.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
Steric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraklinos View Post
No, you can even buy Manta for more illusions.
I know you can create more illusions with Manta, etc. What I'm asking is if Juxtapose can activate if you have 8 illusions, but only (for example) 4 of them were created by Juxtapose.

Anyways, I remembered that this was something simple that I could test, so I tested it myself and it seems that non-Juxtapose illusions count towards the cap and turns Juxtapose off.

However, when I was playing around with level 1 Juxtapose and level 3 Phantom Edge, it seemed like the chance to create an illusion (even when I had no illusions) was incredibly low (way lower than the 18% that it should have been).

Could somebody with access to the code check it and confirm that lower levels of Juxtapose have the chance that is displayed in the tooltip (12%) and it just seemed low to me due to my own bias or unlucky RNG.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
Heraklinos

I can't confirm about the lower chance of proc-ing Juxtapose but it indeed seems that you can make more illusions with his other skills if the already existing 8 illusions are made by Juxtapose, but not vise-versa. It also seems that his illusions are limited to 1,3,5,7 illusion, not 2,4,6,8 as the tooltip says.
Waiting for Mechfag to clarify...
Last edited by Heraklinos; 05-03-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
EebstertheGreat
Forum Staff

The limit is 1/3/5/7 due to a coding mistake by Icefrog. He counts every unit owned by the owning player of PL with the Juxtapose buff . . . but forgets to exclude the real PL.

And yes, Juxtapose counts every illusion, not just the ones created by Juxtapose. Obviously you can create more illusions with other abilities, such as double-manta-doppleganger-refresher.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 AM   #6
Steric

Quote:
Originally Posted by EebstertheGreat View Post
The limit is 1/3/5/7 due to a coding mistake by Icefrog. He counts every unit owned by the owning player of PL with the Juxtapose buff . . . but forgets to exclude the real PL.
Oh, this would explain why the chance seemed low. I was trying to generate illusions when I already had a Dopplewalk Illusion running around.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
300thecat
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steric View Post
Oh, this would explain why the chance seemed low. I was trying to generate illusions when I already had a Dopplewalk Illusion running around.
Same here lol. But I used Dota2. Does Dota1 have the same issues?