Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #201
mredrickbg

Default Terrorblade Feedback

hes right

i remember the time when TB is use to build dagon... when swapping his life and then boom!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #202
Polymath

Default Re: Terrorblade Feedback

Spike Carapace returns for Nerubian Assassin.

Will Terrorblade receive something for 6.75?

And now teh most masterpieceful and controversial shit in this version - EMBER SPIRIT, WTF IS THIS HERO? HE BLINKS LIKE JUGGER 6000 TIMES, SOMETIMES HE RETURNS TO HIS PREVIOUS SPOT, SOMETIMES HE STAYS WHERE HE BLINKED, HE IS LIKE 1000X TIME PUCK+MAGINA, CAN THIS HERO BE KILLED IF SOME1 WHO HAS AT LEAST SOME SKILLS PLAYS HIM?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #203
Vulcan

Although it did not really fit into his kit, I do miss life drain skill.

With his current skill kit, Terrorblade is a significantly better carry because Metamorph and Zeal are just such good scaling abilities. Reflection gives him a great anti-carry ability, and must be used for jungling in the replacement of life drain, however does not substitute the stability given by the drain.

What I am getting at, is Terrorblade is now a better carry then he ever was before, however I kind of wish he had similar stability in the jungle as when he had lifedrain. Oh well, can't have it all.

+1 to keeping the new TB.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #204
Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
Spike Carapace returns for Nerubian Assassin.

Will Terrorblade receive something for 6.75?
I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Although it did not really fit into his kit, I do miss life drain skill.

With his current skill kit, Terrorblade is a significantly better carry because Metamorph and Zeal are just such good scaling abilities. Reflection gives him a great anti-carry ability, and must be used for jungling in the replacement of life drain, however does not substitute the stability given by the drain.

What I am getting at, is Terrorblade is now a better carry then he ever was before, however I kind of wish he had similar stability in the jungle as when he had lifedrain. Oh well, can't have it all.

+1 to keeping the new TB.
Except Zeal doesn't scale. It simply adds IAS and regen. As for Reflection jungling, I feel inclined to disagree. Meta + Zeal is superior in both survivability and DPS, and even then, the old TB was better because he could create images on demand AND drain life, making him an epic soul ring jungler.

As for being a better carry, that isn't true either. Which do you think is a stronger carry: someone who can constantly double their DPS through images and still tank the other team through life drain, OR someone who has a mini-wall-of-replica-that-slows and a +50 IAS passive? I do agree that the later comes online much quicker, but the cold harsh truth is that the old TB is a stronger carry. Not only that, Conjure Image had a better synergy with Sunder than the new Meta. In fact, Sunder has no synergy with his new skill set, except for the added convenience of not needing a blademail to anti-carry.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #205
Bashtime

I like a the new tb a lot more than the old one. Often your soul steal gets canceled because 1) of fog 2) enemies disable u hard and run away.
You forget 2 things.
First, if you re oom on old TB he cant regenerate
Second, combining conjure image and metamorphosis you have a better lane presence.
He shifted from a jungler to be a laner imo.
1 point I dont like about his new illusions, that they dont get mana burn from diffu which should be fixed

I support following ideas and give the soldier a T-up by clicking
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #206
FleshTRNDstone

I like both, before and after actually, or at least, parts from both.

It used to be my favourite maneuver, casting Metamorphosis, then Old Mirror Image skill and have 2 unstoppable demons.
Bad part before was the Life Drain spell.

The new version, like how Zeal adds bonuses to the Reflections and TB himself.
Sunder is starting to feel like the odd spell out.

Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome and unique spell, but TB isn't using it to its full potential.
Currently (and even before), he hardly ever used it, and it was kept almost as a 'Last Resort' type of spell when things got really bad.

I think we're missing out on a potentially awesome hero concept, via Sunder.
A hero that consumes HP in order to cast his spells, then regains HP by switching it with his opponents'!!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:35 AM   #207
Lembidi
Banned

Huuh??
Reflection is much better.
I just hopely the slower increasing
Not the illution damage!!
Old 03-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #208
Darth_Vader

I used to love the old Terrorblade. I won't say new one is not good, he's ok. However, the previous one had everything I wanted:
Survivability through damage, a single hard-hitting illusion, and Metamorphosis, although more powerful nowadays, I liked the old concept of it. Old Terror was a ranged attacker, the most agile one, while also gaining this much needed survivability through his other spells, including the kinda "cheaty" sunder.

it's still in rough stage so im not sure yet what other 3 heros fits best i guess depends on what enemy picks but need an initiator who can make sure enemy doesnt run away until godmode wears off.

gg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
That's almost as good as the strat where you lasthit creeps and get items.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #209
JJE92
Forum Staff

Suggestion Award 

To be honest, I am not really sure. I liked the old Soul Steal, but on the whole I think that the change might be for the better. But altogether, I don't think that neither the old nor the new Terrorblade is really a fine hero that could be put into competitive play like this.
  • Sunder: This is his signature skill. If you remove it, you could basically remove the whole hero from the game. As strong as a skill this might be, it currently has too many counters. Any well-timed stun / hex / silence can counter this skill, which is fine (same goes for Weaver's ultimate). What is not fine Imo, is that the range is so minor that you could easily stay far enough away from him to counter the ultimate. Many displacement skills therefore also counter this hero and since he has no Blink, this makes the skill way too counterable.
    I beleive the range needs to be reworked to 600. The skill already has a fair number of counters, Terrorblade has no escape mechanism, so Imo it would be not a huge balance issue to do that. Terrorblade needs to get fed hard to make really good use of this, early on he could be ignored. And in early-mid-game ganks, this skill is countered enough by disables.
  • The niche of his ultimate and how it works with roles: What does the niche allow him to do? It's a great way to use focus against you for your own advantage to kill one enemy. It really shines when you fight one versus two enemies, because you could focus a hero with your skills, if they get you low enough use your ultimate on the other hero and then kill both with full HP again. Late-game, it is also great in teamfights along with a BKB, because enemies cannot finish you off and you will instead finish one of them off.
    Overall, it's a good skill for a carry. It helps you turning ganks against you into kills (carry needs to be ganked, so that this role prevents him from being simply ignored). If you're farmed, a proper usage can turn teamfights around, you're enough of a threat to be targeted and with this you could defeat the enemy carry quite well.
  • Terrorblade's laning: There are two timelines in laning. The time when Metamorphosis is up and the time when it is down. As long as it is up, you have an easy time laning, great last-hitting. Along with Zeal, you also have decent early-game harassing and fighting power, if an ally lands a stun you can deal quite a lot of damage and even if you take some yourself you can regenerate it back. As long as it is down, however, your laning is drastically weakened. Your last-hits are not really good, you get harassed and cannot harass back. You might not be harassed that hard with Zeal and high base armor, but you cannot do much against nukes that prevent you from lasthitting safely.
    I sort of like this two-sided laning, he has to use Metamorphosis to the maximum effect to also give him a good laning while it is down, it's a very unique laning style for a carry Imo and should definitely stay.
    What I dislike about Metamorphosis are the illusions however, they just don't do anything early on and the skill scales weirdly (no illusion, one useless illusion, one semi-useless illusion, two semi-useless illusions). The illusions are okay for scouting purposes, though, so that he can farm and fight safely.
    So, some slight adjustments to the scaling of Metamorphosis could help, but by and large, I beleive that his laning is fine in terms of concept. In terms of numbers, this is rather a bit overpowered, his armor value and some other things might need to be adjusted.
  • Mid-game farming and first teamfights: Here's where I see Terrorblade having most problems. As soon as laning phase ends, his supports will stop being a constant presence next to him. Terrorblade has no escape mechanism, not much tankiness and before BKB gets easily destroyed by ganks without being able to cast his ultimate. I beleive that it is this stage that is most problematic for Terrorblade.
  • Late-game carrying: At this stage, all his skills will shine. His AoE does decent damage, his illusions become slightly more useful although they are still not really good. He can buy lots of damage, because he already has some agility with zeal. BKB makes his ultimate less counterable. I still beleive, though, that the casting range of the ultimate is still an issue at this stage. It just prevents a skill that relies heavily on a well-timed usage to be used effectively enough.
  • Overall: I really like his unique concept and his unique laning as a carry. Some of his numbers need to be adjusted to make him balanced. His most pressing issues are the low casting range of his ultimate that prevents it from being used as effectively as it needs to be used and his awful post-laning pre-farmed phase.

That's it, hope this helped you. Keep working on this great hero, I beleive he just needs some more changes to really shine.

How to find all threads with the search function:
- Disable the option "Also search in child forums"
- Change settings to "Find Posts from Any Date and Older"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero(PS) View Post
voting just for the sake of it is not democracy - voting with consciousness is democracy!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #210
Polymath

I like Zeal a lot. Zeal works on illusions, great! I like the damage boost of Meta too, so AS+DMG for illusions makes TB less item dependent on agility items. Great synergy of Zeal+Meta.

Sunder is an icing on the cake for such a DPS hero.

I like the current Zeal+Meta+Sunder TB.

----------------------------------------------
And Reflection, well, I dunno. I don't really see the need to level this beyond level 1.

Only to counter AM. Ok, that works as well I guess?

And now teh most masterpieceful and controversial shit in this version - EMBER SPIRIT, WTF IS THIS HERO? HE BLINKS LIKE JUGGER 6000 TIMES, SOMETIMES HE RETURNS TO HIS PREVIOUS SPOT, SOMETIMES HE STAYS WHERE HE BLINKED, HE IS LIKE 1000X TIME PUCK+MAGINA, CAN THIS HERO BE KILLED IF SOME1 WHO HAS AT LEAST SOME SKILLS PLAYS HIM?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #211
HELLRAISER

very powerful hero and quite enjoyable, but maybe a little too powerful? Good laning, good scaling, good team pressence, in fact his other skills are so strong that i don't think he even needs the ulti.

Hero Idea: The Unholy Knight <---

Hero Suggestion: Hades, Lord of the Underworld
Hero Idea: Tarvallon, The Ancient Healer
Item: Cross of Isis
Item: Psyche Stone
Latest Item: Vibrating Crystal of Omnisense <---
Buff: [Tinker] A higher ceiling buff
Old 03-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #212
Rizenix

Current TB is too strong due to following reasons:
Reflection creates an illusion which deals damage based on percentage, which causes this skill to scale too well into late game

Metamorphosis grants too much bonus damage, and in conjunction with Zeal, he can deal a huge damage early to mid game

Zeal allows TB to still farm even when harrased in lane, due to high attack speed allowing him to get creeps with the smallest time window and regeneration which allows him to not get too much regenerative items

Practice Makes Perfect,
But Nobody's Perfect,
So Why Practice Anyways?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #213
Dwarrior92

I really like this Tb more than the old one, he is fine has it is, but these are just my thoughs. He feels like a real carry right now.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #214
Polymath

Seems there are good points about the old TB as well as the new TB.

Icefrog probably should let us have the best of both worlds.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #215
L2linhdt

I feel still rather weak and need some more tweaking, if played as a hard carry in late game, he will be much useless by item like ghost staff, force staff, halberd and the like. If use like a mid game hero, his str stats is too low for him and his illusion to take spell damage, he can be death easily with stun or just silent. He lost his dmg potential if I try to buff his hp up with items, and his dps still be outshined in any staged of the game with other right click heroes like troll, PA, lycan etc. Maybe good for pushing strat, i dont know.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #216
Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizenix View Post

Reflection creates an illusion which deals damage based on percentage, which causes this skill to scale too well into late game
AFAIK, every single illusion skill deals damage based on percentage. Besides, Terrorblade has an awful casting point.

Quote:

Metamorphosis grants too much bonus damage, and in conjunction with Zeal, he can deal a huge damage early to mid game
Neither Metamorphosis nor Zeal scale into the late game. His illusions from Meta are a joke compared to the old Conjure Image.

The removal of Meta's bonus HP means that you can easily nuke Terrorblade into oblivion.

Quote:

Zeal allows TB to still farm even when harrased in lane, due to high attack speed allowing him to get creeps with the smallest time window and regeneration which allows him to not get too much regenerative items
Bloodseeker, anyone? Also, old TB had Soul Steal, which did pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath View Post
Seems there are good points about the old TB as well as the new TB.

Icefrog probably should let us have the best of both worlds.
Thus my suggestion of swapping Zeal for Soul Steal and splitting Conjure Image from Meta, while keeping Reflection.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #217
3qual

Make 2 versions of him,
The old one, who is the bad guy..
The new one, who is the good guy..
by picking 1 of them, the other is not pickable anymore!

Np, Icey, im glad to help
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #218
Waz Mac

Preferred the old one. Reasons:

1) Soulsteal!

2) He was the only hero with powerful ranged images (the new ones are useless for dpsing) and he could have images up all the time.

Concerning the new terrorblade, zeal is ok but quite boring.
Reflection is an interesting ability but I really dislike it on terrorblade; the cool thing about old terrorblade was that he had ridiculous damage output but no natural mobility or disabling/slowing abilities.

The one thing I prefer about new tb is metamorphosis not having a gigantic cooldown (especially on the early levels).
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #219
D41V30N

Old Terrorblade or New Terrorblade? To be perfectly honest, both of them had their pros and cons.

The new TB can dominate an entire game because of how powerful the new Metamorphosis is. He can easily melt down hard heroes like paper early game because of that skill. Even in late game, heroes fall down easily. However, the old TB was an obvious better late gamer, because you could keep range illusions, even when your Metamorphosis ended, which was a huge plus point to TB in the old version.

Non-channeling Soul Steal was an excellent skill, in my opinion. Zeal is very boring and the very description of the skill makes me think: "Damn, that is one half-assed skill". Nevertheless, "boring" does not mean "necessary". Zeal might be boring and not scale into the late game. So what? It gives TB an unfair advantage in the early game stage.

Many people argue that "Reflection" is exactly what Terrorblade required to fit into the Competitive Scene. Terrorblade is a hard carry. Hard Carries do not need a slow spell. Example? Lycan.
Yes, it is a good spell. But then again, a skill befitting a hard carry would be more useful for him. Give this skill to another hero.
Maybe a solution could be a single-target Soul Steal with Slow. Maybe. I don't know. That's up for debate.

AS FOR SUNDER! Increase it's cast range to 400. SERIOUSLY!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #220
JustKillThem

I like the remake TB
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #221
JustKillThem

The old one is a hard Zeal make him powerful
Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #222
ch1b4ku

i love them both..
both the new and the old terrorblade have insane dps capability
i think reflection can be replaced by something like AoE lifesteal...

but, TBH i prefer the new one..
Old 04-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #223
Thiede

Hmm. Actually, I was surprised when Icefrog decided to combine both Conjure Image and Meta. It led to 20% damage dealing images.

I've always thought that the 2nd skill should always only conjure ranged images. So combining Conjure Image and Meta was weird.

Keep Zeal.

Reflection is meh, really. A high DPS-er should not have easy access to a slow. The old hero concept was DPS. TB is not Viper.
Last edited by Thiede; 04-05-2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: should *not* have easy access to a slow
Old 04-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #224
Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiede View Post
Reflection is meh, really. A high DPS-er should not have easy access to a slow. The old hero concept was DPS. TB is not Viper.
Mortred, anyone? Also, Huskar. And Rikimaru. And Faceless Void. And Troll. And Phantom Lancer. And Night Stalker. And Drow Ranger. And N'aix. Heck, even Sniper.

To the guy who said hard carries don't need a slow spell and gave Lycan as an example, that's a bad example. One word: Shapeshift.

Also, the old hero concept was DPS, yes, but keep in mind that he was an illusion-based DPSer. Reflection did fit nicely with the theme, and it would even make sense in his old skillset. I actually wouldn't mind giving up ~30% illusion damage (15% from each one) for getting a weaker form of Reflection on top of his old skillset. Zeal, on the other hand, has nothing to do with "Soul Keeping" and the synergy with illusions feels forced, especially on a hero with such weak illusions. It's almost like the loss of over 60% of illusion damage was to make room for Zeal, which sounds a lot like a nerf, if you ask me.

The changes to Metamorphosis are nice, but I would gladly swap the two illusions with the old HP bonus. I would also swap Zeal for either of his old skills, hopefully both, but that's not my decision.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #225
Flame13

I liked him way more before the remake...was more fun...not to mention that he is now close to become a rightclick hero...
Old 04-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #226
bamet

Remake made him noob friendly, old one was fun to play, it was more challenging to win with him. He could have got some tweaks/buffs, mb changing first skill not whole remake.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #227
Dark_AngeaL

I like the change to Meta, i dont like Refraction in practice but i really like how you went more into the "soul" theme in "Soul Keeper". Zeal is really simple...but helps him lane so whatever...
Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #228
Mlcrosoft

still think he should have more hp manipulations, not just his ulti. As AM-s first skill is related to his ulti, TB-s first skill also should have some correlation with his ultimate as well
Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #229
unnamedkiller14

you should increase the survivability of the illusions a little. plus that, first ability is totally useless, i mean in pub games. in championships nobody actually chooses him. Zeal and Metamorphosis are actually becoming the main skills.. And also, make ulti go through bkb. (mb it's op idk)
Last edited by unnamedkiller14; 05-15-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #230
Loomdun

I liked the old terrorblade, The life drain was helpful in allowing me to lane while in later game it forced people off you since the threat of sunder was always there, but I enjoyed the ability to constantly trick people by summoning illusions of myself when I wanted to, (i forgot how many illusions of myself I couldl have at max). That mixed with sunder and metamorphosis was awesome, but I do like the idea that you can metamorphosis with illusions in this one. But it feels so limited in function, because you have to use metamorphosis in order to do the illusions. There where many occassions where I used my illusions to simply scout or feint some spells from people. You can no longer do that with this terrorblade. I don't really like zeal and I don't like how metamorphosis took on the illusions with a attempt to replace the drain.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #231
PlayRough

nerf the metamorph. makes int heroes TOOsquishy
Old 05-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #232
dresmasher

nerf his damage while in meta form, he's like a ranged lycan in terms of damage early game, it's nearly impossible to lane against that with squishy heroes.

his reflection is quite retarded as well, make the illusions target-able and instead give the un-targetable thing to specter's ult maybe ... way too annoying right now.

allow him to profit from his ult while magic immune, this should be a no-brainer
if you don't want to rebalance his damage then maybe tweak the ias bonus from zeal, he deals way to much damage with level 1 meta

for a carry, his lane control is just so damn good, too good imo

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

nerf his damage while in meta form, he's like a ranged lycan in terms of damage early game, it's nearly impossible to lane against that with squishy heroes.

his reflection is quite retarded as well, make the illusions target-able and instead give the un-targetable thing to specter's ult maybe ... way too annoying right now.

allow him to profit from his ult while magic immune, this should be a no-brainer
if you don't want to rebalance his damage then maybe tweak the ias bonus from zeal, he deals way to much damage with level 1 meta

for a carry, his lane control is just so damn good, too good imo
Old 07-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #233
uhhrandall

I play TB quite often in Dota 1. I enjoy the current version than one before. I would like his illusions to do more damage, but more easier to kill.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #234
duoform

His current version is way more fun to play. I agree with some people saying that his Illusions should deal more damage but more easier to kill as well. Hopefully he'll have a sick model in DotA2.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #235
E02K

Did anyone notice that Reflection's illusion don't deal 65% damage? i swear they dont seem to do so.
Feel free to message me for proof.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #236
aestropher

TBH I liked the old Terrorblade more, with on-demand image generation and way beefier images. Radiance used to work wonders on him. He also farms a lot faster than current TB when past a certain level.

Current TB's images are more decoys than anything; while in the old days, a single image from a farmed up TB can hit and tank like a hero.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #237
-Thor.

I think he is really great right now, much better than the old one. Although Reflection is somehow too OP, AOE 35% AS/MS slow AND 65% invulnerable illusions... It would be fine if it was single target or smaller AOE.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #238
Dreamish

TB was the first hero I ever played, and I played him to death.

As for what I prefer? Honestly a mixture, though there is more potential with the new one. As has been mentioned he's a very unique hero with his laning and his overall gameplay. However, I feel that his illusions are the main issue, as they're so weak right now that there's not much point to them even being there really. I don't really want a numbers buff however, and I'm sure that it would be overpowered if there was one. Rather adding something unique to his illusions would be swell.

A lot of the suggestions have been really good, but I'm going to throw in another one. (It's only an idea and of course numbers etc are merely placeholders). What if instead of two illusions we gave him one untargettable one, like his "soul" sort of deal. It stays in melee form and has a leash range, attacking anything TB attacks (it's uncontrollable otherwise). Now when it hits a unit, it stores part of its foe's soul, which is say 10/20/30/40 HP a hit, as has been suggested. What TB can do with this is he can activate Meta again to instantly gain however much health has been stacked up, at the cost of being reverted back to melee form. I'd also suggest that instead of this image doing damage, it slows instead.

Of course it's relatively complex, but it also makes for an interesting skill. It gets rid of the relatively pointless illusions while giving him another option and overall raising his skill cap. Of course I've also been up far too long so I may sound like a lunatic too.

Essentially though, he's still my favourite and I like the direction he's going in.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #239
Whitefang

I hated the old TB but I like the new one, I just wish he can store some HP by "keeping it" like his name suggest, Soul Keeper. Also he should have the same movespeed as his melee form.

EDIT- Suggestion:

Zeal (remake with additional passive)

Besides Regeneration and Attack Speed bonus, TB will permanently gain 2HP for every creep kill and 20HP for every hero kill, but he will lose half of it everytime he dies.

Metamorph (remake illusions)

He will no longer have range illusions beside him but if he attack an enemy unit, a melee illusions of him (similar to Reflection's illusion which uncontrollable and invulnerable), will hit that target as well until he do other command or that target is out of his attack range.
Last edited by Whitefang; 07-10-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #240
Flame13

^ Not bad but I think Zeal and Reflection should just leave...makes him zeal makes him a no-brain/right-click hero...

Metamorph would be nice...I'd like the health drain back or anything that manipulates hp...after all his theme and concept as soul keeper or soul stealer is the health manipulation...
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Requests