Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
FF_MikeRoch
Member
 
FF_MikeRoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrible Terra Belle
Posts: 2,228
FF_MikeRoch is offline

Default Putin is now officially president.


What moves will he take to rush the highly demanded Russian servers?
__________________

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,816
TwoHourMotel is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Stupid thread is stupid. go back to random chat.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Shizzy-
Member
 
Shizzy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,456
Shizzy- is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_MikeRoch View Post
What moves will he take to rush the highly demanded Russian servers?
LOL WELL PLAYED SIR.

+100000
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
Adun
Member
 
Adun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,154
Adun is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

He will upgrade the servers to run at 140% capacity. Or increase them by 40%. Or something like that.

Oh, and see you (this thread) again in Random Chat.
__________________


˙ʎǝʞ ɐʇǝq 2 ɐʇop ɐ ɟo ɹǝuʍo pnoɹd ǝɥʇ
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
FF_MikeRoch
Member
 
FF_MikeRoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrible Terra Belle
Posts: 2,228
FF_MikeRoch is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHourMotel View Post
Stupid thread is stupid. go back to random chat.
Russia is expending its use of the internet for the improvement of the nation. They even have a site where people can write about corruption or laws that did not take effect like promised. (Russia is a big country after all)

Have you not noticed this trend with Medvediv and his blog/twitter posts?

Problem is, not everyone has access to the internet in Russia. And those who will benefit the most from said website will not be able to access the internet.

Thank you for being an idiotic troll and failing to respond with at least a well formulated criticism. Please visit random chat, where you can dwell in stupidity much similar to yours.
__________________

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,661
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

This is my face now: o-o
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Adun
Member
 
Adun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,154
Adun is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

I did not see that coming. My apologies for joining the bandwagon. Your statement seemed to imply that you were talking about DotA 2.

But doesn't Putin have other interests than this? This is now his third term as president, and he's been prime minister before, and thousands are protesting the fact that he's been in power so long and not making life better for many parts of society despite Russia's growth.
__________________


˙ʎǝʞ ɐʇǝq 2 ɐʇop ɐ ɟo ɹǝuʍo pnoɹd ǝɥʇ
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
FF_MikeRoch
Member
 
FF_MikeRoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrible Terra Belle
Posts: 2,228
FF_MikeRoch is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun View Post
I did not see that coming. My apologies for joining the bandwagon. Your statement seemed to imply that you were talking about DotA 2.

But doesn't Putin have other interests than this? This is now his third term as president, and he's been prime minister before, and thousands are protesting the fact that he's been in power so long and not making life better for many parts of society despite Russia's growth.
Well, he does press down hard on a lot of government officials in the farther regions who end up not following the new rules and regulations Moscow puts out.

And honestly, my take on the people being upset at his long power in the government is either young hearts wanting to become rebels or people being pressed by the West to start another colored revolution.
__________________

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,816
TwoHourMotel is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_MikeRoch View Post
Russia is expending its use of the internet for the improvement of the nation. They even have a site where people can write about corruption or laws that did not take effect like promised. (Russia is a big country after all)

Have you not noticed this trend with Medvediv and his blog/twitter posts?

Problem is, not everyone has access to the internet in Russia. And those who will benefit the most from said website will not be able to access the internet.

Thank you for being an idiotic troll and failing to respond with at least a well formulated criticism. Please visit random chat, where you can dwell in stupidity much similar to yours.
ok... The way you set up the initial post it looked like it was just another random chat post -_-;

You know, it wouldn't kill you to post at least one news article or a video to your post, instead of starting with a stupid joke. And then to attack me, for a misunderstanding you caused really undermines your post.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
FF_MikeRoch
Member
 
FF_MikeRoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrible Terra Belle
Posts: 2,228
FF_MikeRoch is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHourMotel View Post
ok... The way you set up the initial post it looked like it was just another random chat post -_-;

You know, it wouldn't kill you to post at least one news article or a video to your post, instead of starting with a stupid joke. And then to attack me, for a misunderstanding you caused really undermines your post.
Kk im sorry baby! <3
Couldnt find a good article in English :/
__________________

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
Sasho1233
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 484
Sasho1233 is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_MikeRoch View Post
Well, he does press down hard on a lot of government officials in the farther regions who end up not following the new rules and regulations Moscow puts out.

And honestly, my take on the people being upset at his long power in the government is either young hearts wanting to become rebels or people being pressed by the West to start another colored revolution.
Well, the fact that he has had such a long time in power and didn't change anything could only mean that he doesn't want to. As much as politicians blame others for their lack of action if they wanted to do something they would have done it. And by do something I don't mean simply follow rules and regulations. In countries like Russia (former Soviet countries) current establishments aren't bent on making things better rather than filling in their own pockets. The Russian election scam doesn't go far from it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
DmLucifer
Member
 
DmLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 822
DmLucifer is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_MikeRoch View Post
And honestly, my take on the people being upset at his long power in the government is either young hearts wanting to become rebels or people being pressed by the West to start another colored revolution.
Or maybe it's people who realize that rather benevolent (but incedibly corrupt) dictatorship is still a dictatorship.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Glac1al
Member
 
Glac1al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tohno Mansion
Posts: 14,204
Glac1al is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_MikeRoch View Post
Russia is expending its use of the internet for the improvement of the nation. They even have a site where people can write about corruption or laws that did not take effect like promised. (Russia is a big country after all)

Have you not noticed this trend with Medvediv and his blog/twitter posts?

Problem is, not everyone has access to the internet in Russia. And those who will benefit the most from said website will not be able to access the internet.

Thank you for being an idiotic troll and failing to respond with at least a well formulated criticism. Please visit random chat, where you can dwell in stupidity much similar to yours.
Oh god, at first I thought this is a troll thread. Don't know what to say.
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
FF_MikeRoch
Member
 
FF_MikeRoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Terrible Terra Belle
Posts: 2,228
FF_MikeRoch is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasho1233 View Post
Well, the fact that he has had such a long time in power and didn't change anything could only mean that he doesn't want to. As much as politicians blame others for their lack of action if they wanted to do something they would have done it. And by do something I don't mean simply follow rules and regulations. In countries like Russia (former Soviet countries) current establishments aren't bent on making things better rather than filling in their own pockets. The Russian election scam doesn't go far from it.
I thought there was change. One thing I could tell you, is that other countries no longer overlook Russia when making big decisions like they did in the 90s.
__________________

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
Idioticus
Member
 
Idioticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,535
Idioticus is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmLucifer View Post
Or maybe it's people who realize that rather benevolent (but incedibly corrupt) dictatorship is still a dictatorship.
He's not the hero they deserve, but the hero they need.

Benevolent dictatorship is what everyone wants and needs, though it's almost impossible to get one. Putin may not be entirely clean, but atleast he stands up to even the poorer russians.
As long as Putin does a good job, he'll remain in office.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
SDPxitro
Member
 
SDPxitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 548
SDPxitro is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

I don't get all the hate towards Putin. Since he came to power, Russia's nominal GDP went up 6 fold, PPP GDP doubled, average monthly salaries went up 7 fold, mass growth across all sectors, and the lowest national debt of all the G20 nations. Why would the Russians vote for someone else? If we had a leader with the same report card here in Canada, he would win every election by a landslide too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,816
TwoHourMotel is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPxitro View Post
I don't get all the hate towards Putin. Since he came to power, Russia's nominal GDP went up 6 fold, PPP GDP doubled, average monthly salaries went up 7 fold, mass growth across all sectors, and the lowest national debt of all the G20 nations. Why would the Russians vote for someone else? If we had a leader with the same report card here in Canada, he would win every election by a landslide too.
Amen
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #18
Ali Radicali
Member
 
Ali Radicali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Holland
Posts: 3,674
Ali Radicali is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPxitro View Post
I don't get all the hate towards Putin. Since he came to power, Russia's nominal GDP went up 6 fold, PPP GDP doubled, average monthly salaries went up 7 fold, mass growth across all sectors, and the lowest national debt of all the G20 nations. Why would the Russians vote for someone else? If we had a leader with the same report card here in Canada, he would win every election by a landslide too.
I want to start off by saying that I'm not particularly well-informed about Russia's current or very recent economic situation. That having been said, i'm still kind of skeptical about these figures. First of all, I'd like to know whose numbers those are; whether they come from the Kremlin or from neutral third parties.

Secondly, I'd be careful about attributing all the growth to putin. After the fall, Russia was in a slump for about a decade, and while you could argue that it was putin's brialliant statemanship that brought them out of it, you could also argue that the two are unrelated, and Putin is simply benefiting from an economic growth that would have occurred anyway once Russia got back into the world economy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 AM   #19
SDPxitro
Member
 
SDPxitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 548
SDPxitro is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Radicali View Post
I want to start off by saying that I'm not particularly well-informed about Russia's current or very recent economic situation. That having been said, i'm still kind of skeptical about these figures. First of all, I'd like to know whose numbers those are; whether they come from the Kremlin or from neutral third parties.

Secondly, I'd be careful about attributing all the growth to putin. After the fall, Russia was in a slump for about a decade, and while you could argue that it was putin's brialliant statemanship that brought them out of it, you could also argue that the two are unrelated, and Putin is simply benefiting from an economic growth that would have occurred anyway once Russia got back into the world economy.
Well, the data comes from several sources, International Monetary Fund, CIA World Factbook



"Average wages rose eightfold during Putin's eight years as president, from roughly $80 a month to $640, and GDP sixfold"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24443419.../#.T6nh9lI7Jn8

I don't know how or where these organizations get their numbers, but I think it is pretty evident that there was major economic growth since Putin came to power. Of course, not everything is perfect, as there is still high inflation, and the Russian economy is heavily dominated by commodities such as natural gas and oil. Now, efforts are being made to transition the economy to a more technology and innovation driven one, but so far with little success.

It's true that it's difficult to tell what exactly was the cause of this growth, the increasing energy prices certainly played a major role. However, there is a major transition from Yeltsin's Russia, where oligarchs owned all major Russian companies, to Putin's Russia, where Putin established state control over companies such as Gazprom and Rosneft. http://russiaprofile.org/politics/a1187177738.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
Ali Radicali
Member
 
Ali Radicali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Holland
Posts: 3,674
Ali Radicali is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPxitro View Post
I don't know how or where these organizations get their numbers, but I think it is pretty evident that there was major economic growth since Putin came to power. Of course, not everything is perfect, as there is still high inflation, and the Russian economy is heavily dominated by commodities such as natural gas and oil. Now, efforts are being made to transition the economy to a more technology and innovation driven one, but so far with little success.

It's true that it's difficult to tell what exactly was the cause of this growth, the increasing energy prices certainly played a major role. However, there is a major transition from Yeltsin's Russia, where oligarchs owned all major Russian companies, to Putin's Russia, where Putin established state control over companies such as Gazprom and Rosneft. http://russiaprofile.org/politics/a1187177738.html
That raises another point thouhg: the legality of the way the government muscled the leaders of gazprom out of the way and took over remains dubious AFAIK.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #21
SDPxitro
Member
 
SDPxitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 548
SDPxitro is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Radicali View Post
That raises another point thouhg: the legality of the way the government muscled the leaders of gazprom out of the way and took over remains dubious AFAIK.
As far as I know, Gazprom was a state owned company during the USSR, after the collapse, it was privatized by the Yeltsin Government, and major asset-stripping ensued. Under Putin, the leadership was fired on accounts of tax evasions and asset-stripping, and state ownership was re-established. Basically, theft and corruption.

Here's another article http://prutland.web.wesleyan.edu/Doc...s%20record.pdf

"Some credit Putin with having engineered a rags-to-riches transformation of the Russian economy. Others condemn him for having squandered an opportunity to complete the transition to a competitive market economy, a job left half-done in the 1990s."

"Both critics and defenders of Putin can find persuasive evidence in support of their position. Putinís economic record certainly looks good compared to the chaos and immiseration of the 1990s."

So, I guess you could argue either case.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #22
DmLucifer
Member
 
DmLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 822
DmLucifer is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPxitro View Post
I don't get all the hate towards Putin. Since he came to power, Russia's nominal GDP went up 6 fold, PPP GDP doubled, average monthly salaries went up 7 fold, mass growth across all sectors, and the lowest national debt of all the G20 nations. Why would the Russians vote for someone else? If we had a leader with the same report card here in Canada, he would win every election by a landslide too.
You would really elect a former KGB agent and welcome the corruption, tampered elections and nationalization of all the key industry ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #23
SDPxitro
Member
 
SDPxitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 548
SDPxitro is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmLucifer View Post
You would really elect a former KGB agent and welcome the corruption, tampered elections and nationalization of all the key industry ?
Where did I say that I would elect such a figure? I said that I would re-elect a leader with a good track record. You act as if corruption started with Putin. Before Putin, Russia was totally legit and corruption free. And lol about tampered elections, do you know what the biggest opposition party in Russia is? Yup, elections were tempered, the communists totally should've won. Oh no, wait, how about the LDPR leader Zhirinovsky, who openly expresses his hatred towards Asians, Turks, Hispanics, and Blacks. The election results might have been tampered, but it sounds like they've done the world a favor.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #24
Idioticus
Member
 
Idioticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,535
Idioticus is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

You know, when some rich folk tried to shut down a cement factory because it wasn't as profitable as they'd hoped, Putin rushed over there and called every owner of the factory to be present.
At the meeting Putin gave them 2 options: Either they re-open the factory, or they open the factory without the owners.
Putin then ordered them to sign the contract to re-open the factory, saving the jobs of thousands of people.

We could argue whether this is right or wrong, but in the end, he saved the livelihoods of those people and most certainly gained their support.

Maybe Russia will implode in on itself maybe it won't. But what's certain is that as long as Putin gets great results with the majority, he will be liked, and he'll keep doing what he does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #25
DmLucifer
Member
 
DmLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 822
DmLucifer is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPxitro View Post
Where did I say that I would elect such a figure? I said that I would re-elect a leader with a good track record. You act as if corruption started with Putin. Before Putin, Russia was totally legit and corruption free. And lol about tampered elections, do you know what the biggest opposition party in Russia is? Yup, elections were tempered, the communists totally should've won. Oh no, wait, how about the LDPR leader Zhirinovsky, who openly expresses his hatred towards Asians, Turks, Hispanics, and Blacks. The election results might have been tampered, but it sounds like they've done the world a favor.
Sure. Corruption is still there, FSB is the official racketeering organization, journalists get murdered, elections are tampered just to make sure it doesn't seem like Putin can be beaten. He didn't even need to do it. Frankly I'm not surprised there is no "good" alternative for Putin. It's almost like the idea of a non-corrupt non-dictatorial government has been stamped on so many times it seems impossible now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
Ali Radicali
Member
 
Ali Radicali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Holland
Posts: 3,674
Ali Radicali is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPxitro View Post
"Both critics and defenders of Putin can find persuasive evidence in support of their position. Putinís economic record certainly looks good compared to the chaos and immiseration of the 1990s."

So, I guess you could argue either case.
And that's really all I was trying to say. I'm not convinced he's a consciousless monster hellbent on world domination, and I'm not convinced he's a benign caring lovable man with only his country's best interest at heart. As with most things, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, and isn't as clear-cut and black -and-white as either side makes it out to be.

Russia is in better shape than ten years ago, no doubt about it, but how large putin's involvement in that economic growth was is a question with no easy answer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #27
OrNy
Member
 
OrNy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Romania / Bucharest
Posts: 1,419
OrNy is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Putin is awesome.My favorite president.



__________________

I'm a ninja
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #28
Go_me
Member
 
Go_me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 410
Go_me is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

Personally I don't care how long he stays in office as long as he does his job well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #29
Ondskan
Member
 
Ondskan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 155
Ondskan is offline
Default Re: Putin is now officially president.

I love how he baited you self-righteous pricks and then switched to a serious topic.

Well done sir, well done.
__________________
Things that are free today are mostly more expensive than things that are costly. Think about that and what you sign away and what you could do instead.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Entertainment World News & Debates


Forum Jump

Thread Tools