Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
Lord_Talron

Default [STR-SENTINEL] Todd, the Disgusting Bastard

Disgusting Bastard
Todd

The Disgusting Bastard uses his array of repugnant abilities to change the flow of combat and disrupt his enemies ability to perform effectively.

<Somewhere in Azeroth there is a secret fight club, and in that fight club there is a champion, rumored to fight in an unconventional style that cannot be countered. Todd is that champion and his style of fighting has earned him the title "Disgusting Bastard". Tired of fighting in the ring and thirsty for more action, Todd has brought his services to the Sentinel, whom after some convincing and plenty of clothespins, decided to accept his offer. Now he charges into the fray; downwind of his repulsed allies, who would be more than happy to relieve him of his duties if he just wasn't so damn effective...>

Strength: 20 + [3.3]
Agility: 10 + [1.5]
Intelligence: 15 + [1.2]

Affiliation:Sentinel
Damage:52-59
Armor:1
Movespeed:310
Starting HP/MP:530/195
Attack Range:128 (melee)

Corpse Smash
Type: Active
Targeting: Unit
Hotkey: C
Using a dead body that must've stuck to him when he last passed out, Todd smashes it over the head of an opponent, dealing damage and slowing them.

LvlManaCooldownRangeAoEDurationEffects
111012meleeN/A260 damage and 10% slow
211011meleeN/A3140 damage and 15% slow
311010meleeN/A4220 damage and 20% slow
41109meleeN/A5300 damage and 25% slow

Notes:
  • Doesn't require corpses nearby, Todd is always finding one somewhere!
  • Uses the villager's corpse tossing animation.

Puke
Targeting: N/A
Hotkey: E
Massive amounts of alcohol, horrible hygiene, and a disgusting diet means that Todd could blow chunks at any time. Todd barfs with such force, hes sent backwards, spewing toxic vomit as he goes.

16020300 (distance traveled)200 (width of puke trail)8 seconds (puke trail duration)Todd is sent backwards leaving a trail of vomit behind him that deals 50 initial damage and 20 dps
26018400 (distance traveled)200 (width of puke trail)8 seconds (puke trail duration)Todd is sent backwards leaving a trail of vomit behind him that deals 70 initial damage and 30 dps
36016500 (distance traveled)200 (width of puke trail)8 seconds (puke trail duration)Todd is sent backwards leaving a trail of vomit behind him that deals 90 initial damage and 40 dps
46014600 (distance traveled)200 (width of puke trail)8 seconds (puke trail duration)Todd is sent backwards leaving a trail of vomit behind him that deals 110 initial damage and 50 dps

Notes:
  • Todd travels backwards at 800 ms.
  • Initial damage means when a unit first touches the vomit. if they leave the aoe and come back they will take the initial damage again.
  • DoT ends 3 seconds after enemies leave the aoe of the vomit.
  • Standing in the vomit refreshes the duration of the DoT.
  • Can be used to go thru cliffs, obstacles, and units.

Disgusting Bastard
Type: Passive
Hotkey: N
Ask Todd when he last bathed and he'll probably ask you what year it is. Todd's disgusting body is an assault on the 5 senses and it causes those around him to stagger about until they can recover.

1N/AN/AN/AN/A1 second (stagger duration)Enemy units in a 600 aoe have a 5% chance to stagger about, within 300 aoe they have a 10% chance to stagger about
2N/AN/AN/AN/A1 second (stagger duration)Enemy units in a 600 aoe have a 6% chance to stagger about, within 300 aoe they have a 15% chance to stagger about
3N/AN/AN/AN/A1 second (stagger duration)Enemy units in a 600 aoe have a 7% chance to stagger about, within 300 aoe they have a 20% chance to stagger about
4N/AN/AN/AN/A1 second (stagger duration)Enemy units in a 600 aoe have a 8% chance to stagger about, within 300 aoe they have a 25% chance to stagger about

Notes:
  • Stagger checks to proc every second you are within the aoe. So for example, if you walk into 600 aoe of him, every second you are at least 600 units from him you will have a chance to be staggered and every time you attack Todd from within 600 aoe you have a chance to be staggered.
  • Staggering about means that for the duration, the unit will be forced to travel in a random direction.
  • Some instant cast abilities and items will work while staggering.
  • Units attacking Todd will get double chance to stagger double the duration. Double chance is based on their current chance to stagger (600 range chance or 300 range chance).
  • A unit can only be staggered once every 3 seconds.

Massive Fart
Hotkey: F
Todd lets lose a massive fart that smells so bad it actually causes damage to any living things that dare to stick around.

1150110N/A4002 secondsDeals 300 damage and staggers enemies
2200100N/A4003 secondsDeals 400 damage and staggers enemies
325090N/A4004 secondsDeals 500 damage and staggers enemies

Notes:
  • Staggering about means that for the duration, the unit will be forced to travel in a random direction.
  • Some instant cast abilities and items will work while staggering.
  • This spell ignores spell three's '3 second rule'.
  • Visual effect only: if there is any grass in the aoe of the spell, it will disappear. Any trees in the aoe will change to trees without leaves.
Last edited by Lord_Talron; 05-12-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
dreadlord10

Default Re: [STR-SENTINEL] Todd, the Disgusting Bastard

I love it.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
goron098

concept of a "disgusting bastard" who vomits and farts fits no where in the DotA and DOTA 2 universe. Brings nothing new and is just a stupid idea for a hero. Would be better suited in LoL when 6 year old anime girl actually seems like a good hero concept.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
deathkidkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by goron098 View Post
concept of a "disgusting bastard" who vomits and farts fits no where in the DotA and DOTA 2 universe. Brings nothing new and is just a stupid idea for a hero. Would be better suited in LoL when 6 year old anime girl actually seems like a good hero concept.
Get over it, it's just a suggestion. In fact, I love the concept, it's good to have a few laughs once in a while instead of everything being dead boring serious.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #5
Lord_Talron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlurker
You really are one disgusting bastard, you know that?
stop makin me blush

Anyways,

Corpse Smash seems like a solid skill, I don't see any problems.
thanks!

Puke is weak on the Damage, since it's incredibly easy to walk out of it's Width. But I assume it's mostly used for positioning.
hmmm... ill discuss your concerns further down

To evaluate the skill, Disgusting Bastard properly, I'm going to need to know how often it checks for Stagger to proc.
stagger checks to proc every second you are within the aoe. so for example, if you walk into 600 aoe of him, every second you are at least 600 units from him you will have a chance to be staggered. hope that clears it up. ill try to clarify on the hero itself

I will not even comment on anything but the numbers, you sick, sick, man. It seems weak. At Level 1, it only deals 200 Damage, and causes them to run in a random direction (Which may or may not be useful.) for only 1.5 seconds. The visual effects seem broken, way too powerful. I think the cooldown is way too high, and a bit of extra damage would not hurt. 300 / 400 / 500 Damage?
i guess im treating stagger too much like a stun, ill buff the damage and the cooldown

Overall, it depends on how Stagger will work out for the player, as it could be useful or useless. I think he needs a buff, as he is a Melee hero, yet his skills are not good enough to compensate. Puke should have a Debuff rather than Damage, to be honest.
i dont think it should cause people to stagger, since ive already used that on two other spells. perhaps simply having the damage continue after leaving the aoe would solve the problems? let me know what you think.

Disgusting Bastard seems very irritating in the right circumstances, but as I stated before, I need to know when it checks for the Stagger trigger.
hopefully i cleared that up for you

His Ultimate has too high of a Cooldown in the early levels, and frankly, even at the later levels.
same

However, if it were to send the Enemy Heroes in the opposite direction, that might be a whole different story. And also, you do not talk about Fight Club.
i think i shall buff the numbers on stagger to make it a bit more effective, and buff his ultimate, ill wait to change up puke because i dont have any really unique ideas yet.
blargh

Quote:
Originally Posted by goron098 View Post
if the same abilities were on an undead hero, you'd be fine with it. get over it, its a humorous theme with a solid skillset behind it
Last edited by Lord_Talron; 05-11-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
Lindo

A good hero.
But for his 1st skill : It looks imba. Increase the manacost and cooldown
Old 05-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
Lambon

This is pretty good, lol.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
Ryugo

Steam: Ryugo

I still have this doubt about "Disgusting Bastard".
What exactly procs the chance to stagger? If it just checks every second, it can generate some really odd scenarios.

Well, if you want real synergy with Puke, either increase its DPS AoE or decrease the "stagger" AoE of "Disgusting Bastard" and "Massive Fart".

I lol'd at the concept.

Hero Portfolio: All Heroes
Newest Hero: Arson Magus
Old 05-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #9
Lord_Talron

every second you are within the aoe you have a chance to get staggered. once you have been staggered it takes 3 seconds until you can be staggered again.

just think of it like this: you're playing a board game and every time it is your turn, you roll the dice to see if you lose your turn or not.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
IkeCrimson

Love it lol hope its put into dota!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #11
Mlcrosoft

yo bro when i post a thread with hero suggestion on this section it says that it has to wait for administrators approval, it been over 2 weeks my thread aint here. wtf?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Ryugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlcrosoft View Post
yo bro when i post a thread with hero suggestion on this section it says that it has to wait for administrators approval, it been over 2 weeks my thread aint here. wtf?
We don't know yet.

E: I am still waiting for my new thread to be ~approved~. Maybe it is because I didn't wait enought (?) to post it after my suggestion - Ties, the Rune Hunter - was done.

But, two weeks already? That's pretty painful.

Hero Portfolio: All Heroes
Newest Hero: Arson Magus
Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #13
BigBadBossDk

Got a good laugh on it, I don't think the theme fits into DotA/Dota 2 but the spells and abilities can be used but using a different theme, ya know what I mean?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #14
FF_MikeRoch

I was hoping hed have a spell where he sexually harasses another hero, but this is fine too.
Great concept, t-up.
(This could be Stithil or whatever if he ever becomes a hero in dota 2)

Thanks to Geno. for the unexpected Sig :P
Old 05-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #15
deathkidkun

Staswise and theming : So for a fighter, he seems to be a little slow doesn't he? Plus the starting damage sort of gives a carry-impression, but then let's take a look at the skills.

1st skill : Basically a generic slowing nuke, seems that almost every hero needs one of this to get kills without relying on item slows. Damage scaling looks quite smart though, starting off small (60) but managing to achieve the baseline nuke damage (300, that's what I think the baseline is due to the common 75 multiple scaling) at level 4. I like the non-scaling mana cost, probably since I'm annoyed with scaling mana costs that gets higher. Being a melee range shouldn't be much of a problem since he's already melee. Lore is good for some laughs. (Hmm, this is an arguably comment long for a simple skill...)

2nd skill : Although I have issues with it's super low mana cost, then again Todd isn't quite bright with a low mana pool. I like this skill, it's great for back-dooring, and assaulting with it requires proper positioning and all which makes it not so newb friendly. Damage-wise, to me this isn't really important except for farming as I pretty much think positioning is far more important. Great skill this one, good synergy with his first skill plus another ridiculous lore. Also good for some mind games, makes enemies you're chasing assume you're giving up running away until they see you flying towards them, backwards.

3rd skill : Quite a unique passive, pretty darn powerful too. Gives Todd great lane presence, possibility to completely sabotage the opposing team in a teamfight is quite high, supports his carry ability and makes him pretty hard to kill. Although this would pretty be his rushed ability as it is considerably quite weak with ultra low chances at level 1. Oh, and a 1 second stagger is not really weak since things could go horribly wrong if they stagger in their preferred direction.

Ultimate : This seems pretty luck based to me. If they so happen to stagger in the wrong direction for 4 seconds, it'll probably be quite disasterous since some instant cast spells still work. Could really wreck havoc if combined with Techies and such. Damage seems a little to powerful.

So all in all, I'm pretty fine with most of it, except for Puke's mana cost and probably his Ultimate. Also, I have questions on how would you like stagger's (ultimate) interaction with some items such as force staff, does it cancel out the stagger? If they so happen to stagger (3rd skill) the same time they're using force staff, will they somewhat change directions? Also, will the 3rd skill overwrite the ultimate's stagger since it doesn't follow the 3 second rule?
Old 05-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #16
Mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindo View Post
A good hero.
But for his 1st skill : It looks imba. Increase the manacost and cooldown
that looks imba, eh?
lets compare to tidehunter's gush:

120 mana 12 sec cd 4 seconds duration. Deals 260 damage, slows movement speed by 40% and reduces armor by 5 with a cast range of 700.

so with his 1st spell you're getting a shorter cd and slightly more dmg but it has melee cast range, 15% less slow, and no armor reduction.

for the hero: the concept is a little too childish for me, maybe more creative naming would make it appealing. though, isn't 'stagger' like that fiddlesticks spell from LoL? Kind of annoying idk
Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #17
Lord_Talron

melee cast range is pretty key here. you're not going to land it without positioning.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #18
ZipFile

Steam: zverb_ua

Mb some evasion for addition? )

Nice one, teoretically can drop channeling spells.
Quote:
A unit can only be staggered once every 3 seconds.
- change it for 2 seconds )
Old 05-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #19
Lord_Talron

why? its a passive aoe disable...
Old 05-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
Arch5iv3

i'ts kind like Fun hero
Old 06-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #21
Jonmcdonald

Steam: JonMcdonald

The icons you used... So perfect... Oh my god... T-Up.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #22
WaRcrAFtZonE

wow.. Massive fart. I like his ulti. You should change the name to Mega Fart, i suggest.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #23
yui92

hahah what a funny concept....

but the stagger chance procs every seconds and the chance is 25%.. means every 4 seconds enemies willstagger once.. this is too powerful.. make it less % chance of procs with intervals like 5s or 6s imo
Old 06-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #24
Lord_Talron

how in the world do you figure that
Old 06-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
Flame13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yui92 View Post
hahah what a funny concept....

but the stagger chance procs every seconds and the chance is 25%.. means every 4 seconds enemies willstagger once.. this is too powerful.. make it less % chance of procs with intervals like 5s or 6s imo
Umm actually that's retarded...chance is 25% every seconds yes but you don't add chances to each other like 25+25+25+25...you add it completely differently...
Actually it is 81,25% that it will proc at least once in 4 seconds...18,75% that it won't proc at all...6,25% that it will proc at all 4 intervals...
Old 07-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #26
whyyouno

This hero reminds me a lot of Frank West for some reason.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #27
Colw

I, too don't approve of bringing such a hero in a competitive game like DotA. Maybe Icefrog should add a -fun mode like before (I think it was in some april's 1st version or smth) and just put a lot of the suggestion heroes in there without too much balancing and much thought. Though, it would be time consuming I guess.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
Archimonde123

I'loled
Old 07-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #29
whyyouno

first rule: you do not talk about the fight club
Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
pigi_rylai

I started laughing after reading his ultimate . Well for a str hero hes pretty badass xD
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Hero Ideas