Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #41
Strange_Kid

Default Am I my brother's Keeper? [Magina and Terrorblade]

I like how you describe mortred. I can see the spectre inside her D:
Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 AM   #42
kennotlah

Default Re: Am I my brother's Keeper? [Magina and Terrorbl

yoyo this is it, end of act two

Writing goals: I will finish writing at least a story on every character in Dota.

Ongoing work:Historia et Philosophia Politica DoTA
Take part in the new interactive storytelling Westfall, fight for your lives in the battlefield that is known as Westfall. Set in Post-COG Azeroth, play as any character you wish to be in this wartorn city.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #43
kennotlah

Act Three Scene One

"Shan'do Stormrage. After I have communicated this news to the members of the Alliance, there were disagreements to the actions taken," Ezalor began cautiously.

"In short, they would not support us if we go to war with the Scourge," Furion stared back questioningly.

Ezalor winced at such blunt words. He was somewhat glad that they were in a secret meeting in Furion's heavily warded tent. No one could eavesdrop on them discussing their plans.

"Even though the Alliance was formed so that an act of war committed against one is paramount to an act of war against all. Our allies are dishonouring their vows. Am I correct, my friend?" Furion observed drily. His old hands curling into a hardened ball.

"Shan'do, that is not their intent -"Ezalor began defensively, stroking his long white whiskers.

Leshrac looked worried.

"Ezalor, Like it or not, we have marshaled our forces. How can our allies not support us on this? The Scourge has declared war on us by attacking us!"

"They are advocating to let such a matter of a mere criminal breakout to have an appropriate response. The members of the Alliance are advocating the sending of our diplomats to harshly condemn such action and to warn the Scourge not to attempt such an act," Ezalor said obstinately, stroking his white beard.

"Are we letting them bully us and get away with it? What nonsense is this?" Furion exploded.

"Nonsense that would prevent our military forces from being devastated. Nonsense enough to know that we have insufficient support and allies to start a war," Ezalor drew himself to his full height, staring back at Furion.

The archdruid tried to search his mind for a quick response, but he knew that the Night Elves alone were not enough to challenge the Scourge. Simply too weak.

Furion looked away. His eyes were angry and downcast. How could he have naively hoped his allies would back him? This was betrayal. What is the point of an Alliance if the Allies do not help each other?

"Shan'do, we might have to reconsider this battle. We do not have sufficient resources to face a war against the Scourge," Leshrac's voice reverberated through his head.

Furion looked up, his eyes furrowed in worry.

"This is ridiculous, Leshrac. We have already dispatched Warden Mortred to retaliate against the Scourge. They would use this as an excuse to attack us. We are on a near unstoppable course to war. Since we cannot count on our allies, I need your backing on this." Furion retorted.

"Shan'do! My powers have been weakened because of multiple incursions to my grove lately. I am sure the very same thing is happening to my fellow druids," Leshrac bemoaned.

Furion frowned. He disagreed with Leshrac's dependance on his grove. As a druid, one should commune with all of nature. Be its guardian. And so the world would also help them. He remembered faintly at a speech to younger druids, Furion gazed upon them with fatherly affection and said:

"Take care of the earth. For one day it would be your shield and the other your blanket."

Leshrac and a few other druids have developed alternate paths in druidism. The act of tying their powers to a certain magical location. A give-and-take relationship with their own groves.

In return for tending to these groves, the magical powers of these groves would empower their spells and refresh them willingly.

After all this removes the need to communicate with the unruly elements of nature. Furion knew how much diplomacy was needed with the elements. They can be temperamental and untameable even to one as experienced as he was.

For example, the wind is like a proud and unruly child, communicating with them required much understanding. That very understanding that younger druids did not cultivate well with disastrous results.

Furion could recall many occasions that a lesson in coaxing the wind to carry seeds to a field ended in a full blown natural disaster. The young druid stirred up the wind's pride and caused it to bring forth a tornado to show its strength to the druid. It was so messy to clean up that druids have to shun society to improve their skills.

Yet it is not right. Druidism should be like a relationship. How can one stay married based mainly on a give-and-take relationship instead of seeking to understand and be understood?

Furion shook off his rambling thoughts. There was war at hand. He cannot afford to be distracted.

"However, Clinkz has already obtained the knowledge of the secret weapon. If the Scourge knew what we were trying to do..." Furion argued.

"Curses! Now that Clinkz is slain. What can we do?" Ezalor rapped his staff against the ground.

Furion threw his hands on the table. This was frustrating. What solution can be reached? his fingers began to habitually rap against the table. His face was carved with worry.

If there is no solution, the destruction of the Night Elves seemed possible. Belatedly, Furion knew that his sons would fight to prevent that from happening. They would fight hard. But even with them alone, it was not enough. They will lose the war.

"I know this seems desperate and cruel..." Leshrac began, his wizened face dazed at such a possibility.

"Do you have a solution Leshrac?" Furion asked anxiously.

"This is too cruel and desperate, but it would buy us some time," Leshrac began.

"We would disavow Mortred. We'll say that she has gone rogue. The death of Clinkz is... an unsanctioned hit. The Scourge would never buy this and invade first. But this would get our allies and possible sympathizers to side with us," Leshrac announced, his face in a ghastly colour.

It was as if someone dunked Furion into an icy lake. Chilling him to the bones. They were offering innocent Mortred up to be a scapegoat. Sacrificing a soldier for merely following orders.

"Are you saying that we betray Mortred after her usefulness has expired?" Furion spoke harshly, not holding back a word.

"No-no..." even Leshrac seemed horrified at his own proposal. Betrayal. That went against the core of everything they stood for. Venerated elders taught it to the younglings as a guide for their lives. All is One and One is All. Be loyal to your people, Your people be loyal to you.

They fell silent for a while, contemplating the issue with great seriousness while the candles burned lower.

"What is the honour of one woman as compared to the deaths of many and the destruction of the Night Elves and possibly the Alliance?" Ezalor began slowly, trying to prove his point.

"This is betrayal," Furion repeated helplessly. He could not help but remember his own twin brother, Illidan. What happened to him when the Night Elves ruled him to be a danger to his people. They locked him up for ten thousand years.

"No, this is an acceptable sacrifice. We'll disavow her actions. To keep her quiet, we'll explain that it is something like a quick retirement. Give her a fat pension in exchange for a dishonourable discharge. We'll install Shendelzare Silkwood as Head Warden so that she would be appeased," Leshrac said slowly, as if convinced by what he said himself. His eyes could not meet Furion's.

"Unacceptable. If she decides to talk, we will all be ruined. The people would know that we let one of our own to be a lamb to the slaughter. We would have lost the trust the people have in us as their leaders," Furion said angrily.

"Shan'do. Don't be stubborn! This is what that is needed to be done."

"It looks like you have made up your minds." Furion said, feeling completely trapped.

"So Shan'do, are you with us? Or are you against us" Ezalor asked.

Furion gritted his teeth.

Then he said the words that would tear his heart into two.

Writing goals: I will finish writing at least a story on every character in Dota.

Take part in the new interactive storytelling Westfall, fight for your lives in the battlefield that is known as Westfall. Set in Post-COG Azeroth, play as any character you wish to be in this wartorn city.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #44
Strange_Kid

OoOoOoOOOO Brilliant!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #45
kennotlah

thanks i hope you like it

Last edited by kennotlah; 04-08-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #46
kennotlah

Act Three Scene Two

Three weeks had gone by since Mortred's dramatic entrance into the camp with the heads of the undead Scourge. Various representatives of the Night Elves were summoned to a meeting by Furion. A meeting of the highest level. Many distinguished leaders were summoned to the very meeting.

It was held in the rebuilt halls of Silvermoon. The formerly destroyed city was restored to its former glory. The Alliance had taken it back and held it long enough. Now it was one of the frontlines in the war with the Scourge.

Terrorblade noted the brigade general from the Sentinels Moon Riders Division, Luna Moonfang and Priestess of the Moon, Mirana Moonshade. Both of them wore the ceremonial dress of their order. A silver-grey breastplate of the Moon Riders and the sparkling robes of a Priestess caught the eye of everyone in the tent. Both Stormrage brothers and Shendelzare Silkwood, acting Head Warden were also invited. Leshrac and Ezalor stood by. Watching the meeting. All the heads of the military forces were here.

Terrorblade corrected himself, "Mortred is not here because she is recovering."

Furion began speaking first, "Heads of the Kal'dorei. I greet you. Today I have convened a meeting..."

Terrorblade's thoughts wandered off. Why were they assembled here? To discuss what to do with the fact that Mortred slew the Scourge forces that attacked them? It cannot be. Everyone could easily see that the Scourge will declare war and how could it be their fault. The Scourge started it first. Strategy? Then what is the use of bring in the Priestess of the Moon in? They don't need a religious figure for the planning of war. What then are they here for?

“This is a political disaster. Mortred's murder of escaped prisoners put us in a bad position,” Furion declared to Magina, “Investigations revealed that all escapees were tortured before executed by Warden Mortred. Now the Wardens are being slammed for inhumane treatment. I predict recruitment numbers to the Wardens falling drastically and calls to disband Wardens increase. The Sentinels cannot afford to lose such a powerful and organized group.”

"Father! We have a right to defend our sovereignty! As a nation how could we let such a balatant attack go unanswered!"

Mirana spoke up, obviously bored with the conversation, “Shan'do Furion, You tarry. You have a solution already. Just tell us what is it.”

Furion's bushy green brows furrowed a little. He stroked his silver-green beard thoughtfully before he uttered a word.

“Remove Head Warden Mortred from command. She is clearly unstable and incapable. Then send diplomats to the Scourge to explain that it was an unsanctioned act from a disavowed leader.”

“No!” Shendelzare and the elder Stormrage rose up in protest.
Furion's eyes skewered them with an angry stare.

“We don't have any choice. We cannot let the misguided actions of one ruin an entire nation.” Furion stated resolutely, "We are risking war. War that we cannot win without our people's support. You know what I mean Shendelzare."

Shendelzare fell deadly quiet.

“Father, this is nonsense,” Terrorblade challenged him. "How can our people hate the person who was trying to avenge her slain sisters? When it is a just war?"

Furion's eyes met his son's eyes with strong disapproval.

“Warden Mortred will be thoroughly disgraced by the removal of her position. Her actions are not villainous. She was trying to catch escapees who turned around and slaughtered her wardens with the aid of the foul Scourge,” Terrorblade reasoned.

“Our people are strongly disturbed by this,” interrupted Mirana in her serene tone. “If Warden Mortred remains as Head Warden, the masses will be gripped by fear. The Wardens not just guard our most dangerous criminals, they are also important as a benevolent force for law and order.”

“To the point Priestess,” snapped Terrorblade. Now it was two elders doing something stupid. One was his father and the other the Priestess of the Moon. He hadn't saved the Warden just to watch her get demoted. She should have gotten the Purple Pine for her wounds given by her enemies. This is not right.

Miranda gestured to Shendelzare, "Ask her. She knows."

“We'll have problems on our hands, our people are now scared of the Wardens. We know it. The people fear us now that they know Mortred used torture as part of her methods to gain information on spies and criminals. And the Wardens are the secret police Darnassus. Citizens are demanding for an answer. They demand to know if we used such methods to obtain confessions from criminals as well as other trumped up charges like invading homes to search for information.” Shendelzare spoke up glumly.

"It will be like the time of Maiev. Our Order was nearly torn apart by do-gooder citizens. Ex-offenders came out to lie that they were forced into confession to crimes. People believe them. They have already fire-bombed our headquarters. The precious few Wardens we have are being rounded up to be imprisoned on ridiculous charges. Warden Operations almost ran the risk of being compromised if not for Furion's intervention. He circulated the truth for us."

"The truth is that Mortred did nothing wrong!"

"I don't know why you side with her, son of Stormrage. Our investigations revealed something horrible when we pried this journal from the dead hands of one of her soldiers we found. Mortred had really gone insane."

Leshrac passed a report to the Elder Stormrage to peruse.

Incident Report 616

On the start of the New Moon there was the breakout by various escapees led by the 'Fletcher'(full appendix of names attached behind) who was aided by an outside force linked to the Scourge. Forty-three Wardens were killed by the escapees.

Head Warden Mortred was notified of this incident three hours. Head Warden Mortred activated the COBRA force to be led by herself personally. Field Commander of COBRA relegated to second-in-command to allow the Head Warden to take over.COBRA force was ready to move in two hours.

Mission Day 1: COBRA scouts detected encampment of escapees. Second in Command warned that they need to gather more intelligence. Head Warden Mortred overrode plan. COBRA prepared to attack at dawn.

Mission Day 2: Dawn Attack commenced. Enemy was lying in wait. Four Survivors left out of Two hundred sent out. Warden Mortred regrouped the remainder of COBRA force. Raids prepared.

Mission Day 10: First raid enabled the capture of a few escapees. Warden Mortred ordered torture of prisoner to obtain information. Information revealed that escapees were going to the Scourge for asylum. Prisoner killed and beheaded to leave behind no trace by Head Warden Mortred. She began exhibiting signs of insanity. One warden proposed waiting for reinforcements was executed for 'desertion' and 'defiance to superior orders'. The Warden writing the journal feared for her life.

Mission Day 145: The last Warden accompanying Warden Mortred reported this. She was weak from hunger and dehydration and remarked that the other two were killed so as not to slow her down when they exhibited similar weakness. She feared her execution was soon. The last of the escapees been captured. Clinkz. He confessed under torture that he knew- [section in journal seemed torn off]

Mission Day 151: Head Warden Mortred spotted by friendly forces with decapitated heads of all escapees and the bodies of all the fallen.

End of Report

“Couldn't we just leave out the part where we tell the people that she tortured the escapees but that she responded with lethal force to lethal force shown to her and her partners?”

“That is deceiving the people. The reports cannot be covered up. It has been spread for everyone to know. Everyone deserved to know the truth.”

"This is supposed to be documents so restricted that no one should have access to them! Why does everyone know about it?"

"I told everyone my son. The people needed the truth that it was the action of a madwoman, not the Warden. So I sent this report to everyone. Even the Scourge."

Magina glanced at his brother. Terrorblade's spirit was completely drained. This was the fearsome warrior who feared no enemy. This was the fearsome warrior who fought himself out of twenty deadly traps. This fearsome warrior could see no way out. He was hopeless in the realm of words and politics.

Terrorblade swallowed hard, “Is there any way out for Warden Mortred. Or do we leave her to her disgrace? Father, Warden Mortred is the most highly skilled fighter we have. And you know she did us a great merit thirty seasons ago when she rescued us at Ria Falls. Surely the masses would see it as a fight against evil.”

“You are not listening, son. It's no longer about one Head Warden. It's about an entire organization crucial to our war efforts. The blame rests fully on
her. It was her organization that did not guard the convicts well enough. She led a strike force to their deaths. She executed her very own
soldiers for nno reason. She tortured her prisoners till they died. How can you condone that!”

“We'll limit the fallout from this scandal to mainly the actions of a Head Warden gone rogue,” Luna tried to coax Terrorblade.

Rogue! Can you hear yourself? Father, how can we take such an evil action against someone who rightly avenges her comrades?”

“Rightly? My son, right and wrong are very subjective. You might see it as an right thing to do, but to others, our gentler people, it is utterly barbaric.
Totally wrong. You are young and naive."

Terrorblade choked up in anger. He did not show it.

Mirana the High Priestess also began to express her concern, “We may have civil war on our hands if Warden Mortred decides to split from the Sentinels,”

“What can we do then? Removing her is a disaster and not removing her is also another disaster?” Luna threw up her hands.

“She must go. Whatever it takes. We will even make it palatable by giving her medals, Purple Pine, or even the highest honour, the Medallion of Valour.
Warden Shendelzare, take command of the Wardens to prevent chaos during the transition. Your sister will step down. I will have her removed from command.” Furion said with an air of finality.

"Then we wait for the next move of the Scourge. We have shown to the Alliance that we were the true victims here and they will side us if the Scourge invades." Leshrac ended brusquely, tidying up all the scattered reams of paper.

“This is not right,” The elder Stormrage declared, storming out.
He ran out of the room and through a large corridor until he reached the promenade, he leaned against a pillar and his face was sullen.
Shendelzare and Magina ran after him. Their hands clasped together. Gently, they inched forward to him, until Magina could pluck up the courage to speak.

“Brother, Father is only trying to do the right thing,” Magina began, "I hate to say it but his argument is too sound. Too flawless."

“Father only cares about his own high and mighty agenda. He thinks his judgement is the decree of the gods, just because you do not practice the druidic magicks, so he acted like you are ready to turn traitor like our uncle,” Terrorblade spat out vehemently.

"That is not true. Magina..." Shendelzare started to speak. Terrorblade turned on her so fast it frightened her.

“I bet he only wanted your sister out because she crossed him once. Ever since then he acted like she would be like her predecessor Maiev,” Terrorblade burst out resentfully.

“Brother...”

“He never cares. He doesn't care at all,” the Elder Stormrage gritted his teeth.

Later

In the sick bay, two high-ranking officers strode in among the injured and sick. They took a left turn into a bed with curtains drawn over them. A night elven woman, dressed in a white sterile gown, had her hands strapped down to the sides of her bed. There was a terrifying air about her, like an explosion contained, None of the officers dared to meet her eyes. The higher-ranking officer unrolled a scroll and began reading from it.

“Head Warden Mortred, you are found guilty of multiple crimes one of which is performing an unsanctioned act of war and therefore bringing the Night Elven people to the brink of war...”

The senior officer flinched when Mortred's haunted eyes were fixed upon him.

“They are coming, you don't know what I know.” She whispered. A mad gleam streaked across her eyes.

"They are marching for the World Tree...But why? Why of all times now? Why not earlier?"

Last edited by kennotlah; 04-08-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #47
kennotlah

sry. i'm late by an hour. was busy celebrating. Cheers! Thanks Strange kid for your replies.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #48
Strange_Kid

wow its so intense! Waiting for the next chapter!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #49
Mortality11

Bravo,even though im not an active poster,i have been lurking and reading this story ever since Day 1,and allow me to say that your story is spectacular,i wish i could write like you.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #50
ZeLover

When's the new chapter coming.. Im dying for moar...
Old 04-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #51
kennotlah

Act Three Scene Three

Terrorblade watched wistfully at the camp's entrance. Another patrol had been sent out. To keep a vigilant watch for any undead Scourge. A few months ago being on patrol was just merely a lowly soldier's job, not his duty. He was involved in very important raids on the enemy to chip away at their morale before rejoining his forces for the actual battle. He was a powerful asset. Was.

Now he would gladly do patrolling just to counter raids by the enemy. Anything to escape the boredom of being a healer. Ever since he healed Mortred from her grievous wounds, Furion put him with the healers. Healing was good and all, but it was boring.

He suspected deep down that his father put him there after he violently opposed Mortred's dismissal. However it must be foolish thinking. His father does not do such things. The Furion he knew does not abuse his power.

This night is the night before battle would be joined against the enemy. Soldiers were tense. Even though he was no longer their Captain, Terrorblade resolved to go about to encourage his men. Rouse their fighting spirit.

When he approached his men's tents, he heard some wardens chatter at a distance. His interest was piqued and he crouched behind a tent, in hopes of hearing more.

“- what was wrong with Warden Mortred's actions? Why does she need to be stripped her of her position? Prisoners escaped and killed our sisters and she went out to capture them. They died resisting capture. I'll say, it is justice, long delayed. "

"Then why did Furion Stormrage and everyone else seem to be convinced that she is a criminal?"

"That fool of a Furion Stormrage, who died and made him King? We have our own Law. Why should he interfere and set up a new head Warden anyway?”

“Shush sister, the new head Warden might not like what you say.”

“By the Goddess, the younger sister is kind and the mightiest next to her sister, but can she be tough when meting out justice to the criminals?”

“Nonetheless she must be quite qualified. The elders chose her. But I heard that she was a devoted worshipper of the Mother Moon. So I'm not surprised if the Priestess of the Moon supported her appointment.”

“She might be a good check against heavy-handed punishments, but what does she know of executing the guilty?”

A heavy silence hung in the air. Even the renowned Terrorblade had no answers. He was about to leave when his name cropped up.

"At least we have a hero like Terrorblade."

"Pooh! Shala faldane. A good captain he might have been, but now he is a healer. A healer that stays at the rear. What role can he play in this fight? Do not rest your hopes on him. You would do well to look at Magina for our victory."

Terrorblade felt something in him deflate and a dark rage took over him. He walked away, letting unseen teeth gnaw at his own heart.

On the other side of the camp, the younger twin looked at the glittering night skies. Inside he was fidgety as he always was before the start of a huge fight. He tempered the churning energy within him. He had to meet Shendelzare. He had to convince her not to participate in the fight.

Something choked him when he saw Shendelzare's name during the Mustering of the Sentinel forces four hours ago. He was felt his life drain from him at the mere thought of Shendelzare slain.

Magina felt his heavy thoughts constricting him like a giant snake. Frustrated, he instinctively paced about. The more he paced, the more restless he got, so Magina forced himself to settle down on a stool and calm himself down.

Instead of calming down, he began scratching his feet.

"You called for me?"

She glowed, her beautiful skin shimmering in spite of the dull blue tunic she wore under her breastplate. Her eyes were like twin moons. She looked like a warring goddess.

On the other hand, Magina was only dressed in his pants, scratching at his foot rot. Alarmed, Magina put down his foot.

"I saw your name in the Mustering. I knew I have to find you."

"Why?"

"Don't go. Don't fight. I cannot lose you."

Suddenly Shendelzare began silently shedding tears. It alarmed Magina.

“Are you feeling well?” he gently probed.

“I caught a deserter this morning," She whispered sadly, clutching at a letter in her hands. "Before he left, he was so guilt-ridden he sent this letter to his family and his fellow soldiers apologising for his actions."

The gentle light was snuffed out in her eyes.

"The Law is very clear on this, deserters must be executed. Day and night I am on my knees and in front of Elune's altar, praying for wisdom, for the Mother Moon's teachings had always been to avoid killing. I have also received many letters from his friends and family, begging me to spare him. Then all the Wardens were watching my decision. They were all waiting for me to follow the Law." She lamented the her conflict in her heart.

Magina held his tongue.

"I did what is necessary as a Warden. I sent down the order to follow the Law. I ordered him to be executed. All his friends and family cursed and spat at me. One of them wrote to Mirana to kick me out of the Temple of Elune."

She wept. "I had no idea how hard it was to fill my sister's shoes. How did she stand being so hated?"

Probably being tough as nails and a nasty temper to boot. Magina thought to himself.

But Magina did not answer.

Instead, he drew her into an embrace. Silently, saying nothing.

She broke the embrace first. Her eyes shining with tears.

"I cannot leave this battle. Not now. The Sentinels need us. I cannot let my sisters to fight without me, their head Warden. Next to my sister, I am the mightiest."

"Then stay at the rear. I'll win us the war at the front lines." Magina breathed deeply. The smell of her hair, promising to wash away all darkness.

He broke the embrace and they both peered at each others orbs. Communicating beyond spoken words.

Shendelzare nodded silently.

“Will you come back home? Come together with me?” She asked, her eyes saddened.

“I will come back this morning. Even From Quel'thas o'er the sea.” Magina promised solemnly, his gravelly voice nearly breaking.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #52
kennotlah

@Strangekid: Thanks for your comments
@Zelover: Moar comes every Sun GMT+0800. Thank you for reading
@Mortality11: Thanks for your post. Don't credit me with so much talent. I merely scrutinize the styles of many authors. You have seen this in various acts. I only mug literature. =)

Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #53
Wirthu

Do u want be a writer? And make something proffesional? You have quiet nice style
Old 04-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #54
kennotlah

Act Three Scene Four

Magina looked into the sky and saw only horror. Winged abominations of the Scourge covered the skies. On foot, the undead minions were like sand on a
seashore. Countless foul creatures, ghouls and crypt fiends crawled everywhere in a mad flurry. Skeleton warriors under the sway of their foul masters the necromancers marched in huge columns, a grisly sight of macabre nodding skulls.

At both sides of an immense riverside plain, a brigade stood against numerous legions. It was a strategic nightmare. They would be crushed if they clashed.

Magina's hand reached for his blade. He gripped his warglaive with a death-like vise. They were too outnumbered. However they cannot lose. The price of defeat is too great. He must make sure the battle is won without great losses on their side.

The legion of foul spawn was nothing compared to the sight of their so-called heroes. Magina's throat went dry when he saw them. Their grand foes. Leading the front was the Lord of Avernus, chief of generals that served the Lich King. Abaddon, with vast and haughty strides rode forth, came towering, atop a massive beast armed in adamant and gold. His shield was a sun-eater, dark and devouring. His blade gleamed wickedly and his sharp face was pure venomous frost.

Unholy abominations followed the fell destroyer. Weak faithless soldiers quailed before them, as they would before the giants of Anak.

Horrid Pudge the Butcher, a foul misshapen lump of corpses lumbered on. Dried blood crusted everywhere on its belly, if it could be called a belly, for it was a bad stitch of skin on voluminous entrails. On its bulging arm it twirled a large evil hook to snare its foes and its face had a set of heavy crooked teeth crunch on their skulls.

Two of them. Just two of them sent jolts of fear through the Kal'dorei.

Abaddon whipped his horse into rearing its iron legs. It gave a sulphurous bray; if such a monstrous beast could be called a horse for it was a construct of bones and evil magic.

Arrogance glittered in his deathly eyes.

Abaddon stood and taunted for all the Sentinels to hear. “Why are you all coming out to fight in such few numbers?” he called. “I am the hero for the Scourge's legions and you are a puny force. I see you scared and running. You will know why. All six hundred of you may charge at me. Even in lone combat I will tear out all your hearts and send them to your homes and raise your worthless bodies to eat each others flesh!”

The night elves stood swaying, their faces paralyzed.

Magina could not bear to look on any further. He rode on his nightsaber and addressed all his men. His face was fierce and his spirit was flaring.

"My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of our people fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day! This day we fight! This day they shall face the steel of the Kal'dorei! This day they shall remember that the Kal'dorei stood for what is good and right! That we stood by our friends and honoured our bonds of friendship and blood. By Elune and by all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Kal'dorei!"

They answered him with a huge roar. All doubt blown away by their renewed courage.

Abaddon narrowed his eyes and hissed in rage.

"Stormrage..."

Magina Stormrage placed his forehead on the flat of his blade as if in prayer. He whispered only one word.

"Shendelzare."

He shouted, "Abaddon. I challenge you to a duel. Man on man!"

"Bring it Stormrage!"

In the Blink of an eye, he disappeared from the front lines – and he leap'd high above Abaddon, bringing down a deadly blow.

Abaddon raised his large shield and intercepted the ruinous blow. From under his shield, his deadly blade lashed out, intent to catch Magina with a
devastating slash.

No mortal after being cut by Abaddon's blade could stand and fight - for his foul blade not only steals life, but also strength.

Magina was quicker than the blade. By a hair's breadth he avoided that deadly cut. Yet Magina sprang back as if wounded. The sheer force of that slash nicked Magina. Foul magicks from the fell blade snaked greedily for the wound like a blood-frenzied shark.

At Abaddon's beckoning, all his undead rushed forward, intending to trap Magina.

The soldiers under Magina lost heart to see their commander surrounded by a deadly trap. Leaderless, the army of the Sentinels froze. it was Terrorblade who took over and set them on the right path.

Terrorblade, far behind with the healers and not far in spirit from battle, burst to the front line and cried out hoarsely, “Foul! Foul! Foul! Dishonour to be
repaid with Death! Slay the foul knight!”

The soldiers, once disheartened to see Magina trapped by so foul a trap were now filled with a spirit of vengeance. They raised their spears and glaives, swords and lances. All were braying for blood.

Battle was joined on that day. Half a league, half a mile, half a mile onward. All in the plain of doom six hundred met ten thousand.

“Forward, Kal'dorei! Charge for Stormrage!”

The Kal'dorei shouted and charged.

Undead to the left of them, Undead to the right of them, Undead in their front. The Night Elves, Wardens, Druids and Sentinels, all six hundred of them met the thousands. Boldly they rode and ran. Into the jaws of death. Into the mouth of Hell. Glaives flung out like metal waves, meeting rotting flesh.

They flashed bare moonsabres; flashing as they turned them in the air, sabr'ing ghoul and necromancer in their charge. Right through the lines they broke. Gore and screams had filled the sky. The dying lay dead and the dead lay mangled.

In between blows, Magina remembered. His body fighting purely on reflex. A painful flashback started.

That starry night he met Shendelzare. She glowed, her beautiful skin shimmering in spite of the dull blue tunic she wore under her breastplate. Her eyes were like twin moons.

“Will you come back home? Come together with me?”

“I will come back this morning. Even From Quel'thas o'er the sea.” Magina promised, his gravelly voice nearly breaking.

He can't lose her. He cannot.

So Magina raised his head bravely against the heavens torn by screams; striding from out the carnage, he called on the name of the goddess.

"Elune! Pallas Elune!"

The goddess must have heard him and answered him.

Standing, he shouted there, conjointly the gift-giving goddess, and trouble immense was caused thereby to the undying.

All their minds were amazed--the fell necromancers and knights of great abomination, such fear was awakened in their bosoms, even though they were backed by vast lines of meat wagons, their evil machines of war.

Aghast, they surveyed the untameable blazes, horribly round the brow of high, heroic Stormrage burning, ignited by her the gift-giving Goddess.
Magina Stormrage was cloaked with magical flames.

Magina stood, flame-capped and shouted. Undead broke ranks in fear.

A noble stroke he raised and so swiftly moonblade fell on his foe, that no sight nor quick thought could detect it, lest Abaddon's large shield could
intercept, such a ruinous blow; ten paces huge, Abaddon's back recoiled, the tenth on bended knee, did he recover.

Abaddon raised a gloved palm in parley and spoke falsely and breathlessly,
“This bodes ill for you young elf. Fifty and ten score years you may be, but you are still one millennium too young to face me. Stand not between my defence of my master's land. We are as numerous as the sand on the seashore. You might think to fight me to win renown for yourself, but you and your brethren will face only certain death. Surrender and you may live.”

Before Abaddon even finished, a deadly dagger snaked forward, Magina parried the treacherous blade.
Magina hissed back, “Liar, this land was once free from the stain of the undead. Today day this land will vomit you out!”
Magina summoned a bolt of arcane energy and slammed the chaotic mix into his enemy's face. However, Abaddon was waiting,

Abaddon merely shrugged off the attack like it was nothing.

“You and what army? Your men are beaten into a rout while my legions will hound them all,” Abaddon sneered, pointing at his vast horde chasing down the retreating Sentinels.

Their charge was slowed by the ranks of the undead and forced to flee.

“If you have difficulty killing me, you ain't seen nothing yet.” Magina grinned.

“-What?” Abaddon frowned. Something had changed.

It was Furion, dressed in green and gold and raising a long gnarled staff. The druids answered his call.

A contingent of druids led by the Prophet Furion himself burst from the ground everywhere. They had burrowed deep in the ground days before, using their gifts from nature, digging underground everywhere.

The charge led by Terrorblade had already retreated to a safe place and took up a defensive position. The undead gave chase, thinking they routed their foes. It was a trap.

The Sentinels took up positions and waited for the undead giving chase. When they did, Furion sprung the next trap.

The druids diverted the river to flood the plain, whose soil was riddled with tunnels. In a matter of moments, a great north wind blew in huge heavy and dark clouds laden with rain and lightning. Earth that was hard and sun baked became mud. Where there were tunnels dug, they became a quicksand traps, trapping undead in the quagmire.

Legions of the Scourge found themselves stuck in mud and quicksand which they could not extract themselves from.

To their handlers merit, they quickly reacted by getting their minions to dig themselves out.

However Furion's trap was not complete.

Furion scattered seed from his pouch. With the support of his druids, wild and thrashing vines grew and multiplied, burying the struggling undead into the
muddy swamp and keeping them down. Slowly but surely, the vines broke down bone and marrow.

One brigade took down legions of the Scourge that day. The druids had won the day.

Abaddon was brimming with rage. He was completely out-witted. In his evil rage, he brought down his large wicked blade on Magina's head. Magina could not react in time. It was a fatal blow. Magina was struck down.

He didn't even have time to regret. He was only dimly aware that Shendelzare would cry over him.

Shendelzare. Shendelzare. Please don't let the darkness take my memory of her away. Magina struggled in his dying wish.

He tried to remember her eyes. Or the smell of her hair. Or the touch of her hands. They were slipping away. No.

Remembering her face was getting hard. Everything was being consumed by the darkness.

No. Don't let her go.

Magina could not hold on anymore.

He felt a surge of wellness and was at peace.

Shendelzare felt a chill in her heart when she saw Abaddon roaring in triumph. She felt totally powerless. She could not do anything. She was powerless.

Not powerless. She felt the key in her breast. Shendelzare was powerless. But she could do something. Her sister. No matter what they said about her. She could help. She was the only one able to.

Terrorblade was beside Magina, having cut down many foes in his desperate charge to save his dying twin. He was grimy and flecked with gore while his
warglaive was slippery with blood. He broke through five ranks of undead to reach his brother.

Everyone told Terrorblade to come back and save their wounded. But he would not listen. Even with injured night elves in his way, he paid them no heed. He had one goal.

He had to save Magina.

The Elder Stormrage tore forth, summoning all the power he had for the most powerful healing magicks he knew. The same one that saved Mortred from death.

Only to find himself trapped by the circle of the Scourge's generals. He could see it in their expressions. They were routed, but they would not go down without making the Sentinels pay.

“Save him.” He whispered in desperation. With his powers, he pumped healing forces into Magina. That deadly gash closed up. But Magina would not wake.

“So you'll fight me for a dead body? Foolish. Very foolish.” Abaddon drawled, lazily twirling his blade. That fiend was relishing his despair.

The elder Stormrage stood like a guardian over his brother's body. His blades unsheathed and ready to strike.

“Foul knave. In combat none was my match. Now that I have control over the druidic magics, you cannot hope to beat me, even if you are one of the Evils from the Twisting Nether,” Terrorblade declared.

The scary thing was that he was not bluffing about his power.

Abaddon shook his long graying tresses and his lined face showed supreme confidence. “Correct. But can you fight the five of us?”

Pudge the Butcher lumbered forward, its insides trailing about while its grotesque arms held wicked cleavers.

Anub'arak the Nerubian Assassin appeared out from nowhere, flashing his deadly pincers.

Kel'Thuzad the Lich floated, surrounded by levitating shards of ice. The powers of winter in his skeletal hands.

A winged being hovered above them. One of the Nathrezim, The dreadlord known as Balanar the Night Stalker.

Abaddon taunted him.

“We are merely holding back our powers. If all the forces of evil were to assemble here. We would tear this tiny land apart with our presence. This is the difference in our strength,” Abaddon exclaimed.

“Conjure Image."

There were three Terrorblades.

“Now we are even.” Terrorblade grinned grimly.

Two of his images stepped forward, facing off two opponents each.

Leaving Abaddon for the real Terrorblade.

“You insult us, mortal.” Kel'thuzad remarked, readying a powerful spell.

Terrorblade sprang forward, his left foot propelling forward. He aimed a crushing blow at Abaddon.

Instead of crushing armour and flesh with his deadly strike, Terrorblade seemed to have crashed head on with an unseen wall.

“Pitiful, you failed to notice the coils of pure power surrounding me, my Aphotic Shield. It absorbs some of the damage directed at me....”
Abaddon drew himself to his full height, clearly enjoying the moment.
“I return it in a full and explosive force!”

Terrorblade's eyes widened. He felt the air being torn apart and a violent lash of energy whipped him in the chest. He was flung back, head over heels and
left sprawling in the mud.

Terrorblade quickly got to his feet, baring his weapons for another round. Involuntarily he coughed. There was blood.

This was bad. He had taken severe internal injuries.

Before he could take another step, he instinctively twisted, narrowly avoiding the shard of ice magic directed at him. Terrorblade looked all around him.

His images were cut down by the champions of the Scourge in the moment he struck hard at Abaddon.

“Like I said, you insult us, elf.” said Kel'thuzad, dusting his skeletal fingers.

This was harder than he thought.

“Conjure Image.”

Two more Terrorblades appeared. Ready to strike.

“We can do this forever,” Terrorblade taunted, bluffing about the strain he was beginning to feel.

“Perhaps, but can your brother wait that long?” Abaddon said lazily.

Terrorblade felt his own brother's spirit slipping away.

He hated losing but he would not lose his brother. His twin. His friend.

He gnashed his teeth in frustration and jumped back, preparing for another healing ritual. This time it was far more powerful than any he mustered.
Terrorblade gave a bestial roar, giving up even his life force to revive his brother. All his power exploded into that one vital moment.

The effort was tremendous and the elder Stormrage felt dizzy.

“He won't come back. He is dead,” Abaddon cruelly remarked. His tall imposing figure was saddled on a monstrous horse enjoying everything he as observing. Like a mad emperor playing a fiddle while the city burned.

The elder Stormrage could not move his body which felt like lead. Breathing deeply, fighting the blackness that began eating away at his vision, he
looked desperately at his brother's eyes. His spell had to work.

There was no other hope.

Magina. Magina. Please.

The nasty gash on Magina's head was closed up, with only a dried splatter of blood and gore dripping down his beautiful tresses.

However Magina's eyes were lifeless.

“This is war. This is Death. Naive weakling. Do you think this is one of the poems you read? There is no reprieve. No rescue. Two great heroes will meet
their end here,” Abaddon boasted.

All about him, his infernal train of followers cackled in their own diabolical manner.

“Pudge! Eat Elf!” bellowed the stupid monster, to all the devilish fiends' dastardly delight.

Magina's brother stretched out his hand to his dead brother. To clasp it.

An even more terrible thought seized him. The Terrorblade was going to die. Terrorblade didn't want to die. Not now. There was the sound of a wicked laugh and a sword being unsheathed. He felt his own body being scooped up by Pudge and its jaws unhinged to crush his skull.
This was the end.

“Hush now,” a gentle voice crooned.

There was a thud and screams and everything ended.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #55
kennotlah

Thanks guys. your comments kept me going.

This is not the end of the story. If you want this to be the end, then do not read any further.

@Wirthu: thanks. I am merely a humble student of poor talent and excellent ability to read literature. I will write professionally when it gets there. I'm just interested in telling a good story

Old 04-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #56
Strange_Kid

nice, but terrorblade seems too weak ._.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #57
jlenriquez

when will the next one come out??

XD

love ur story bro.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #58
kennotlah

Act 4 Scene 1

Though the prisoner escapes, he is gravely wounded
His life is saved, however
By a woman of the opposing nation

He begins a life of seclusion with her
Which seems to hold the promise of eternal bliss

But as happiness grows, so does guilt
Of not fulfilling the oath to his friends

Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soul
Pride is lost
Wings stripped away, the end is nigh

Quote from FF7 Crisis Core

It was warm. A very nice time to snuggle under the blankets.

He yawned and stretched out his body. He rubbed his eyes and swept back his long braided hair.

Staring blearily at his surroundings, he was in a wooden room with a little cot which he was on. There was the smell of cooking wafting into the room. The smell of cinnard cakes. A delicious flaky wafer. Biting into it gave the mouth-watering flavour of cinnamon and nard twined together like candy floss woven together.

“Hellooo?” chirped a sweet gentle voice, “Hurray! You are finally awake!”

It was a raven-haired elf. But a strange elf she was. She dressed in long dark robes and her skin was a hue of ebony. Highly unusual for an elf. No elf he knew had ebony skin.

“Thanks,” He tried sounding happy even though his head was pounding.

The strange elf walked up to him and touched his forehead with her slender fingers.

Those fingers were cooling upon his warm head.

"Who are you?" he slurred, his eyes half opened.

“My name is Akasha. I was so shocked to see you falling from the top of the cavern. Oh my Elune! I'm so glad that you are awake.” the elf gushed. Her enthusiasm was overpowering.

She threw her hands over him. That jolted him awake.

He was surprised and yet he felt reassured at the same time.

“Um... I'm...um...” He began racking his brain for the right thing to say. Anything to say. It was hurting too hard. His throat felt dry and swollen and he had a sudden urge to drink.

He remembered.

There was a great battle. He had fallen.

He croaked, "What happened to that battle? Did the Sentinels win?"

Cool slender touches caressed his hair. Comforting.

“Don't worry too much about it. Rest,” she crooned softly.

His eyes met hers. Her eyes were like deep tunnels. He could really go in there and wander forever.

He could feel his barely regained strength waning again.

He let Akasha put him back to bed to rest.

It was a strange dream.

He dreamt of a large plain of slain enemies and crowds of demons surrounded him like an unholy choir and bowing in worship.
“Terrorblade! Terrorblade! Terrorblade!” They chanted.

That name resonated deeply with himself. He recognized the name. It was his.

A flood of memories rushed him onwards carrying them in his wake.

What happened in days sped forward like a moment.

He was hunting escaped criminals and they set a terrible ambush. Arrows flew like deadly rain and killed everyone. Even him. A long haired elf with a cruel face laughed.

He was walking through a huge desert with blood dripping from him. The severed heads of many monsters trailed behind him. In his hand he held a severed head of the vile elf. He was too tired. He stopped and stripped his armour and looked down. He was a woman!

No. It was Mortred's memories. They don't belong here. How did they get here? Curious.

It dawned upon him like a lightning bolt flashing out from violet-tressed skies. The self-same lightning bolt descended upon a dry field and burned it up and burned it down in shrivelling ashes.

Then a podium of spun wood grew up and formed his father's sagely face which spoke. A very familiar exhortation to all students of the druidic artes.

"Ye have the ability to touch each others souls by what you do each day. Whether by the magicks you worketh or my the lands you guard. When two souls meet, they interact and walk away with a little something."

He felt his own mouth utter, "What is a soul?"

"Do you know what is a soul? Or of its importance?" a small still voice asked.

There was a face of a dread horned skull, which spoke in a cajoling voice.

"Come now. let this conversation be. There is no future out of pursuing that truth. If a soul must exist, it must exist in the brain. Mayhap it be the case that when you healed Mortred, there is a backwash of memories. Purely accidental. Easily explainable."

"Backwash of memories? It sounds like pseudo-magic to me. Manipulation of energies being messed around by a non-responsive recipient? Hogwash!" Magina's voice rang out and there were loud arguments. There was a loud powerful wind that rent the giant mountains. After the wind there was an earthquake and after the earthquake there was a fire. But after the fire there was a small still voice.

"What are you still doing here. Find the truth. Seek it."

The dream changed.

He was under a starry sky with an elven girl whispering sweet nothings.

Before his tongue could utter another word, he found himself doused in a watery darkness. Suffocating green darkness. A desperate whisper rang out from within him

“Magina...Magina”

A hand reached for him and grabbed him.

Terrorblade woke. He was alone in his room.

He knew what he had to do. He must return. He must know what happened to his brother.

He must.

Last edited by kennotlah; 04-29-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #59
kennotlah

that's act four.
@Strange Kid: Thanks. I know what you mean by Terrorblade appearing too weak. Unfortunately I am not very good with regulating the strength growth of characters.

@jlenriquez: thanks for your support. GMT +0800 Sunday is the day I post weekly unless something happens. Like internet failure or death/incapacitation of the author.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #60
jlenriquez

oooh... that's great. well i just saw your story a few days ago and i read all the scenes straight except for the most recent one. btw. ur welcum and kip it up XD
Old 04-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #61
Strange_Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennotlah View Post
that's act four.
@Strange Kid: Thanks. I know what you mean by Terrorblade appearing too weak. Unfortunately I am not very good with regulating the strength growth of characters.

@jlenriquez: thanks for your support. GMT +0800 Sunday is the day I post weekly unless something happens. Like internet failure or death/incapacitation of the author.
well, from what you write it seems he actually could take on all 5 of the general, or at least put crippling blow to several. What happened is he toyed like an idiot.Maybe you should make the battle more... fierce; or press on the fact that he is greatly weakened after healed magina.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #62
ZeLover

Being a diehard fan of final fantasy series, I really love theese references from crisis core. Judging from the last act I suppose you are going to follow the Dota lore of TB belonging from scourge and explain why he fights for scourge??
Old 05-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #63
kennotlah

Act 4 Scene 2

The elder Stormrage made ready to leave. For three days he pored over maps and planned his route out. The maps confirmed some of his fears. He was in enemy territory. There were tunnels that led up to the surface that were guarded by the Scourge patrols. Furthermore he was in a very secluded part of the underground networks where a mighty snow-fed underground river that led up to a waterfall that fed a huge underground lake. The lake was a creation of the Scourge's when they dammed the river for their ghastly machines to work.

Thankfully, Akasha lived in a cave that was hidden by the waterfall and she grew mushrooms for a living. It was the reason why he was so well-hidden for so long. Very few would think to look for him in there.

However the thought of escape did not thrill him as much as he thought. Instead he felt terribly bad for leaving. Strangely enough he felt an inexplicable need to stay. Stay with Akasha and keep her safe. he squashed that idea quickly. Staying would only endanger her.

Immediately he felt a sense of gratitude to this woman from an enemy territory and deep self-recrimination for himself. She ran huge risks to keep him alive and healthy when he was so sure that the Scourge would pay any price for his head.

Perhaps he would never repay her if he escaped back to his people.

Terrorblade would not let such things sway him. He had to return to his brother, his men and his people. He cast those thoughts away and focused on the work at hand.

After scrutinizing the maps and the tunnels, Terrorblade found the answer he was looking for. There was a way he could succeed and return to his people and his brother.

He would have to make a break for the surface. Once there he would rejoin the frontier forces who would afford him safe passage back home. Back home to friends and family.

Magina. He bit his lower lip. Even though it was a dream, the elder Stormrage could not help but feel worried. his twin's deathly white face was too vivid for his waking moments.

On the eve of his departure, the elder Stormrage decided not to hide his plans from Akasha. It was just before dinner, then did the elder Stormrage draw Akasha from her cooking to speak to her.

"I am leaving. I have to go find out what happened to my brother."

"No! You have barely recovered your full strength. You will die if they find you."

"I can't stay and be a danger to you any longer.

Akasha cried in anger and stormed into her room and shut the door. The elder Stormrage felt that he would not live with himself if he and his benefactor departed on such poor terms that he resolved to stay a day to try to talk to Akasha.

However, after half a day, Akasha left her room and gazed at Terrorblade with despairing eyes. In her hands she held a bundle and she bit her lip, not sure of what to say.

"I cannot keep you back. If you need to go, then please take care of yourself."

She pushed a small bundle into his hands. He did not need to open it to know what was inside.

Dried rations.

Terrorblade felt something choking from within him.

"Thank you. For everything," he whispered. Their eyes met. His heart stiffened.

"And this. it is a magical gem that should keep you hidden from sight."

"No. I cannot take this. This must cost you dearly."

"You need it more than I do."

She put a little gem in his palm. Her eyes were shining with tears. Terrorblade looked torn for a moment before he steeled his will once more.

Without looking back, he stepped through the door and pocketed the gem. The gem had a calamitous glint. For a moment, a fiery eye gazed out of the gem, unnoticed.

It was indeed a fortunate thing to possess such a gem. Terrorblade did not even run into any of the Scourge patrols while he was on the move. There were a few that spotted him, but they were so few in number that when Terrorblade slew them, others marked them as runaway ghouls.

Eventually, he made his way out of the night-like darkness of the cave to see the star-studded skies.

In a distance, Terrorblade noticed the banners and the regiment Sentinels were encamped there.

In a distance he heard some chatter and instinctively, he crouched behind a rock and peered.

They were his men. Some of them.

Terrorblade recognized the sergeant. The war-hardened elf was speaking to his men in hushed tones. Suddenly one of the men raised his hand. It was a young soldier by the looks of his youthful violet visage.

"Sarge! Would you tell us what happened on the Battle of Crystalys Plain?"

Terrorblade's ears pricked up. This was the battle that they fought recently. He didn't know that they called it that now.

"It was a grim day for us, that battle on Crystalys plain. It was madness, we were only one light brigade strong facing against the hosts of the Scourge. But we had names with us worth ten thousand mail-clad knights. Furion the Prophet and his sons won that battle for us. Yet it was a sad day for us to lose both of our finest."

The elder Stormrage felt his heart race. Did the sergeant mean that Magina perished? Did the Sergeant mean that in spite of his efforts, Magina was lost?

Involuntarily, he hit the ground with his fist. A distraught gasp issued from his throat. That deep sadness descended upon him.

Magina was gone? Why?

In the meantime, the sergeant gazed deep into the upward spray of sparks and recounted his tale. The younger soldiers listened with great interest.

"On that plain of doom, six hundred met tens of thousands. By quick cunning of Furion and the magic of the druids, the whole land was on our side and consumed the vile undead."

"It was like a war of the beasts. The sheer savagery of it all. Where wood and steel tore at fangs and claws. The living slew the dead and the dead consumed the living. To us, the young Stormrages were like the morning star. Magina was brave and Terrorblade was true. Where else could you find someone brave enough to charge the Lord of Avernus in that hopeless fight? Where would you find a brother so true that he fought from the rear to the front and deep into enemy lines to save his brother? Nay, not one. We were all busy fighting our own horrors. I put an arrow into the head of a tenth ghoul. Then I saw for myself that terrible sight that took the heart out of me."

The sergeant breathed deeply and continued his story. His violet countenance with its high features were lined with sorrow.

"I saw Terrorblade stood over his brother's body facing not one but five of the Scourge's generals in combat. If he did not have to protect his brother, I am sure Terrorblade would have beaten them. He was greatly weakened by many healings but still Terrorblade stood true to his twin. But they, those foul demons preyed on his kindness and slew him where he stood. It was an evil hour that day to have lost both Terrorblade and Magina!"

"What happened next Sergeant?"

"There was a tremulous quake like the earth was in its birth-pains. Out came something we have never seen before. The foul legions of the Scourge were properly routed by the emergence of a mighty golem. Roshan was its name and for aeons it was imprisoned by the forces even older than the Lich King."

"That was Furion's true intention. To release Roshan in an otherwise hopeless battle. We have tried to ensnare them with our druidc vines and turning the plain into a quagmire. For clearly they vastly outnumbered us. We loosed Roshan as a gamble. It paid off. The rampage of such a mighty being did more damage to the legions of doom.”

The sergeant's voice went grim.

“But because of it, we never were able to recover Terrorblade's body. How it must have grieved his father that in one battle none of his sons returned safely.”

Terrorblade groaned in sorrow. It must be true.His twin, his other self. Gone and dead just like that!

The sergeant was not done yet.

“ One was missing while the one was-"

There were whistles of shafted arrows. The frontier guards were attacked. There were many shouts and many cries. Undead raiders were attacking them.

Terrorblade slipped away numbly, he had no more stomach for any fighting.

The elder Stormrage felt completely drained at the news. He staggered for a moment as if he was pierced by some hidden thought, some hidden grief. He walked away, his face irrigated with tears.

"What was the use of gaining the power of druidism if I cannot even save my brother from death?" he muttered bitterly.

He ran and did not stop. Through the damp caverns and dark caves the elder Stormrage ran in his inconsolable sorrow. He ran till his feet was shod with blood. When he was back to the underground river, his breath was ragged by ten miles of hard run and his lungs were raw.

Yet he felt no such relief for his pain.

Terrorblade howled and howled again before he threw himself headfirst into the torrential currents. He shut his eyes and let the raging icy river tear him apart.

It was as if the river had a mind of its own, for it spat Terrorblade out to the bank. Tired and worn, the young elf drifted into unconsciousness.

The next thing he knew, he was in Akasha's house again.

The day was won. As quickly as the reinforcements came, the undead slipped away and the injured were carted off to the field hospital. The sergeant was patched up quickly by healers for he only sustained light wounds. His fair features broke into laughter upon seeing the sorry sight of one of his men. The unfortunate elf was pierced on his rump by a large feathered arrow.

"If only our Terrorblade was still with us. Perhaps he would heal that sorry rump of yours."

"Ha! If he were around, he would heal his brother from his coma first. Then my rear end and then tell you to stop whining about a little scratch, Sergeant."

"A good officer, our Terrorblade. If only he was still around. Magina would be healed from this coma of his. Elune knows how badly we need them to win this war."

"If he was still around."

"He was a good leader," the sergeant said soberly.

"Indeed."

Last edited by kennotlah; 05-06-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #64
kennotlah

Argh. me and my foul mouth,

Now I have had computer failure. But don't worry guys I am still commited to posting. Hopefully I won't get incapacitated anytime too soon.

@zelover: Thanks for reading! And yes. the turning point in in this act.

@strangekid: thank you for your input

@jlenriquez: thank you for reading. hope you enjoy this.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #65
Mortality11

Good to see you didn't leave the story halfway,we have too many writers doing that these days....
Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #66
kennotlah

Akasha watched Terrorblade. He had spent days staring at the ceiling of the cottage and refusing food. She feared that he would waste away and die. She tried to comfort him, but he pushed her away. she tried to cheer him up but he did not respond.

Then of course, she heard news that the Night Elves were being pulled back. She told him about it and carefully studied his expression. For a moment Terrorblade sunk into such a deep depression that even Akasha feared that he would do something rash.

She fingered the pin that she wore. For a moment, the black gem on it glimmered with malicious inspiration.

She must know him better.

"May I come in here?"

"Yes."

Then next day, he rose up and took some food. There was a marked change in his demeanour. Akasha watched him carefully.

“Let me help you out," the elder Stormrage said. His eyes were broken with sadness. Steady beads of resignation wrapped itself around him like a monk's cassock.

She agreed. Smiling sweetly as she did so.

It went better than expected.

The farm was in a huge cave which was connected to the outside world by a vast and disorientating maze of tunnels. There was virtually no way up to the surface world as a steep crevasse separated the two worlds. Mushrooms thrived here, under his careful cultivation.

The surplus produce would often be traded with the merchant who made regular monthly visits. Akasha would often talk to the merchant in low voices as they traded.

The merchant who was a dark towering person who spoke next to nothing and had flies persistently hanging about him. The merchant (for it was impossible to tell the gender because he wore a large hood) owned a wooden cart.

It was a strange cart, for there were no donkeys or horses to pull that cart. Did that merchant pull it by himself or by some magical or mechanical means? It was hard to tell.

That merchant was the only other person who visited the isolated couple.

Everyday, the elf who threw away his name tended to his mushrooms. It was very simple actually; first he had to dig for soil rich in nutrients. Thud thud thud. Metal drove deeply into soil. Sweat rolled off his body as he put his back into shoveling nutrients for the mushrooms. The once pungent smell of dung had barely made him gag.

Afterwards, he would compress the mix of dung and water and bits of waste in a mould to form an artificial log from which the mushrooms would start growing from. Once the logs are made, he would put them in neat rows and wait for the mushrooms to grow.

Because of his hard work, instead of a mere hundred mushroom logs sustaining the farm, there were thousands of mushroom logs being made each day.

Finally, after a few weeks Akasha would pick the fully grown mushrooms for trading and the rest to make all kinds of food. Mushroom soup, stewed mushrooms, roasted mushrooms and mushroom steak were common food.

The elf who threw away his name would then crush the depleted mushroom logs and replace them with new mushroom logs.

About five months after he woke up, it was during the time to gather the mushrooms that Akasha had a delighted smile on her face. Her dark hair was tied into a bun as she bent over to pick a mushroom. Her smooth hands caressing the head of the mushroom.

“Ooo... How large have they grown.”

“I give them my tender loving care. As I do with you.” He joked, bending over to kiss her on the forehead.

She squealed, ducking his sweaty face. He laughed. His strong hands gripped her thin arms and gave her a large smothering smooch.

When his lips met her skin, he knew he must never let her go.

He laughed and chuckled at that memory, "Is this living or is this happiness? Whatever it is, I am feeling it now."

Is this surprising feeling love?

He stood straight, his dark violet skin glazed with perspiration. He moped his sweating face and stared off at a distance.

"Is it alright for me to live like this while others fight on. Thinking that I am dead? Is it right to just give up my family for dead to build myself a new life elsewhere?" A thought seized him.

Could he live out his life as the elf who threw away his name. Could he give up what should be his destiny as the leader of his people?

A dark thought crossed his mind.

What is the point if he lost everything and everyone he cared about? What could an elf feeling so hollow and empty on the inside; walking like the living dead, offer to the future of his people?

He did not argue. Akasha was enough.

“Hellooo! It's time to come in! There's always work enough for tomorrow!”

It was Akasha standing by the door in a lacy black-as-night nightgown. Her dark eyes inviting him in.

"Isn't this is the face that would have set forth a thousand ships and burn the frozen towers of Icecrown? Come here, give me a kiss," Terrorblade complimented her.

She always loved to be called beautiful. True enough, Akasha's face blushed and he felt really happy.

He stepped forward and mischievously kissed his beloved. She squealed, slapped him on the back and sent him to wash himself.

Chuckling, he went in and washed himself with cold water drawn from the well and prepared for supper and retired for the night with Akasha.

He felt the warmth of her body pressed against his and he began drifting off to sleep.

It was the same dream. He dreamed of a large plain of slain enemies and crowds of demons surrounded him like an unholy choir and bowing in worship.
“Terrorblade! Terrorblade! Terrorblade!” They chanted.
That name resonated deeply with himself. He recognized the name. It was his.

A flood of memories rushed toward him. What happened in days sped forward like a moment.

He was hunting escaped criminals and they set a terrible ambush. Arrows flew like deadly rain and killed everyone. Even him. A long haired elf with a cruel face laughed.

He was walking through a huge desert with blood dripping from him. The severed heads of many monsters trailed behind him. In his hand he held a severed head of the vile elf. He was too tired. He stopped and stripped his armour and looked down. He was a woman!

The dream changed.

He was under a starry sky with an elven girl whispering sweet nothings.
Before his tongue could utter another word, he found himself doused in a watery darkness. Suffocating green darkness. A desperate whisper rang out from within him

“Magina...Magina”

He broke out from the dream. His pupils were wide with shock and his body trembling with sweat.

Involuntarily, his lips broke out a curse.

Why? Why? Why can't he escape from it all?

He turned around to see if he woke Akasha.

But there was an empty space where she was.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #67
kennotlah

@Mortality11: Thanks for those kind words.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #68
Strange_Kid

I somehow know magina fell to a coma ._.
and i really wonder how did terrorblade end up at akasha's place.

Sorry for the late reply, very busy last 2 weeks
Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #69
kennotlah

Act 4 Scene 4

“Perhaps she needed to go to the latrine,” The elder Stormrage reassured himself.

He tried to coax himself back to sleep, containing the turmoil inside him.

He tossed and turned, trying to use his wits to figure out what it actually meant. He came up with nothing and gave up.

In the morning, she could not be found. The elder Stormrage was worried.

“Perhaps she went out to the farm to get some work done,” He knew he was trying hard to believe that nothing was going wrong in his happy life. His utopia.

The silence was too unbearable.

He raced out of the farmhouse and ran through fields of manure and mushrooms.

“Akasha! Akasha! Where are you!” he yelled. He flung his gaze left and flung his gaze right. All he saw were large plots of cultivated mushrooms.
Something caught his eye. It was the hooded merchant. A wild panicking fury fell upon him. In that instant, he was upon the hooded merchant.

“Sir! Do you know where is my Akasha? Where is she!”

The hood fell.

Terrorblade shrank back in fear. It was a lich, a fearsome undead sorcerer whose body was animated to serve its diabolical mind*
after death. It was not just any lich. A lich so powerful in the ice magicks that he was infamous for it. Kel'thuzad. The one who summoned the demon
Archimonde to the world's near ruination as well as the right hand man of the Lich King. Terrorblade reached for a huge spade. A weapon

“Who are you?” Magina the Terrorblade asked, his spade level at the Lich. Ready to bludgeon the lich to death if necessary.

“Who are you?” The lich replied. His ghastly horned head tilted in twisted curiosity.

Terrorblade felt the compulsion to speak. He resisted it. Instantly he sensed that the Lich was trying to breach his mind's defenses. Terrorblade fought back the psychic intrusion forcfully.

“Where is Akasha?”

“Where is your Akasha? I wonder...”

He's playing with your feelings to breach your mind easily. A small voice within warned him.

“Tell me your name!”

The foul orbs of the Lich burst in icy fires. Terrorblade felt a tremendous surge of psychic force climbing in his brain.

“Tell me your name first, son of Stormrage.”

Terrorblade swallowed hard and fought back the psychic instrusion. Kel'thuzad was going to find out everything at this rate.

The elf's mind wandered back to everything he heard his father said. The many times Furion Stormrage sat his young sons down to teach them. Despite being a druid whose lifestyle was modelled on peace, Furion found out time and again that peace meant being able to defend oneself from tyranny. That came most regrettably from both knowledge of warfare and willingness to use it.

For most of their childhood that they could see their busy and often absent father, Furion would teach them something whenever he saw them.

It was all so vivid to Terrorblade. His father's creased face bent over an ancient scroll and reading from it.

"The master strategist says. If we do not wish to fight, we can prevent the enemy from engaging us...All we need to do is to throw something odd and unaccountable in his way."

Magina was bored, paring at his nails. But the elder Stormrage was enthralled by all these. He wanted to be helpful for his father.

"And above all, remember that all warfare is deception."

"Now you repeat after me, son."

Terrorblade knew what needed to be done. He stopped resisting the psychic intrusions. He let the Lich's furious psychic probing in.

Into his imagination.

The Lich, greedy in his triumph, bent his full will into ransacking Terrorblade's imaginations and dreams. For a moment, the Lich's psychic intrusion reflected doubt.

Terrorblade held his breath for a moment. This was the moment to complete his deception.

“Magina...the Terrorblade...” He pretended to be broken. A trapped feeling came over him. He appeared weak and he didn't like it.

“Magina... the Terrorblade...How...curious...” the horrid lich stated in surprise.

The lich took many steps back and took out a little orb. with it, he began a psychic communication with his monstrous master.

“My master and god, I think this elf has lost his memory.”

“This sounds like a cheesy rip-off from a play. Are you really sure?” his master asked sceptically and he sounded irritated.

The master dealt out prolonged torture to his undead minions for irritating him. It was not a pleasant sight, even for the undead.

“He is confused, between who he really is. He calls himself. Magina the Terrorblade.” Kel'thuzad quickly explained.

“Are you not a sorcerer of sorcerers? Are your powers not enough to glean from his memories his identity?” his master demanded.

“My liege, you have bestowed great power upon me for which I am eternally grateful. However, his memories are in a huge muddle. Which twin he is I can barely tell, I am startled to even find that he thinks he has female parts in him and maniacally tearing off Clinkz's head. But I assure you that I can devise a test to find out who he is and perhaps bend him to our cause,” said the lich.

“Succeed at all costs,” said his fell master testily and he cut the psychic communication.

“Succeed at all costs,” the lich mimicked. "I hate the new administration."

Old 05-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #70
kennotlah

Sorry, I'm late. No good excuses.

@strangekid: thanks for reply. How Terrorblade ended up in Akasha's place occurred in the quake. But more will be revealed later

Applause does matter, after all this is written to share with an audience.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #71
Mortality11

“Who are you?” Magina the Terrorblade asked, his spade level at the Lich. Ready to bludgeon the lich to death if necessary.

Magina the Terrorblade???
Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #72
Strange_Kid

Quote:
Terrorblade shrank back in fear. It was a lich, a fearsome undead sorcerer whose body was animated to serve its diabolical mind*
after death
. It was not just any lich. A lich so powerful in the ice magicks that he was infamous for it. Kel'thuzad. The one who summoned the demon
Archimonde to the world's near ruination as well as the right hand man of the Lich King. Terrorblade reached for a huge spade. A weapon
first
not sure what * is doing.
second
somehow feels wrong.
third
this one too.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 AM   #73
Cr1s1sCore

noo just finished all the acts now need to wait for the next part
Old 05-28-2012, 02:32 AM   #74
kennotlah

Act 4 Scene 5

The undead lich stowed away his orb. His macabre skull bobbing as he carefully pondered the proper method to test his target. "Magina the Terrorblade" was who the elf claimed to be, but no matter how thick the fog of lies, the lich would find out everything and subvert this young Stormrage to his side.

It was an ingenious plan. "Magina the Terrorblade" would not have seen it coming.

“Who are you?” Terrorblade demanded again. He lied about his name, but it was all part of warfare against the enemy.

The lich was most definitely an enemy.

“I am Kel'thuzad, a lich in service of the Frozen Throne. We have your Akasha. Or rather your Akasha is with us. Simply prove yourself to me and you will have her back.” the foul lich spoke.

Terrorblade reacted. He lifted the heavy spade with one arm and leveled it at the dark mage.

"Then I'll slay you where you stand!"

Kel'thuzad completely disregarded it. Disdainfully, the foul lich raised a bony finger and pushed the spade away.

"Tut tut. not so quick. I do not have Akasha in my hands. She is with the Lord of Avernus-"

Terrorblade snarled and swung his spade hard. The Lich barely avoided it. The Lich's magical eyes registered surprise.

"Do not test me, foul knave." With gritted breath, the elder Stormrage demanded.

"Elf! I am not the one who took Akasha! I am helping you get her back" the fell being deplored. an air of hurt surrounded such a foul being that even Terrorblade was taken aback for a moment.

But he found his natural grit again.

"I don't need your help. I will rescue her. What is it to you anyway?"

Kel'thuzad shrugged. To see a shrugging undead was a most disturbing sight to many mortals, to see the unnatural act so naturally as if they had not shaken off the last vestiges of their humanity.

"Abaddon interfered with my interests. You are presumably his foe. I am his competitor. I want very much for him to be discredited without my hand to be shown. In any case, he travels with a huge retinue of demons. You need my help." The fell lich rehearsed this line many times.

Terrorblade stared at Kel'thuzad in a scrutizing manner.

"Your help? Aren't you two on the serving the same side?"

"Abaddon is a tool of the Burning Legion," Kel'thuzad said it with great scorn, "We of the true undead Scourge do not care for the tyranny of the demonic."

"So you see yourself as the lesser evil," Terrorblade sneered.

"I used to like the old system of management where the native undead were in charge of the Scourge...I cannot agree with the influx of foreigners who are stealing our jobs and ursurping power for themselves. I abhor these demons who are only loyal to their Prime Evil," the lich replied with practiced ease.

"Do whatever you wish. I'll go hunt him down and bring her back." Terrorblade gave him a glowering look.

"Very well, do not complain that I did not warn you. You need an army and I can help you get one," the fell lich shot back.

Terrorblade had already walked away.

Kel'thuzad grumbled, "First the Lich King, now you. Only when things go wrong, then you need my help."

A wicked expression flickered over the lich.

"Soon...It will be soon... You will serve us..."

Both Terrorblade and Kel'thuzad were on a cliff overlooking a huge encampment. Terrorblade was observing the camp, noting the size of its troops and the terrain they were on.

Beside him, Kel'thuzad finished creating a magical replica map of Abaddon's camp.

"The Lord of Avernus travels with a retinue of five hundred demons and fifty warlocks. He houses the warlocks in the tents. I still do not see how you can take her back by force. It is impossible to steal Akasha from him."

Terrorblade frowned. The lich had insisted on following him. In fact Kel'thuzad was the one who directed him to the enemy encampment. He had a nagging thought that it was a trap. But it could not be. This was too complicated a plan for whatever results that are not foreseeable.

Instead, Terrorblade focused on the task at hand.

Towering demons prowled the perimeter of their encampment. Many tents dotted the rocky landscape.

"You know, eventually a smaller force would be overcome by the larger one. You have no hope if you are discovered."

"Since you want to help, why do you not scry the camp," Terrorblade snapped.

"Pointless. The warlocks have thrown up a field of magical distortion. I can safely tell you that if she is hidden in the tents, it is the tent with two doomguards over them," Kel'thuzad said flippantly.

Terrorblade quickly scanned the encampment again.

Every tent was guarded by two doomguards, huge demons with bat-like wings and flaming swords. Terrorblade gave the undead mage a dirty glare.

"Thank you for your most insightful help."

"At your service, "Magina the Terrorblade"." Kel'thuzad gave a mock bow.

Terrorblade flinched a little, he was very much aware that he lied about his name to escape discovery of his identity.

Instead of worrrying so much, Terrorblade left the foul Lich's presence and snuck his way to the encampment.

With drilled ease, the young elf bypassed the patrols and found himself near a tent that was constructed out of foul magic. This was too easy for a raid specialist.

The first tent yielded no results. Only the messy dark effects of a warlock trying its hand at blood rituals. The second and third were equally fruitless.

"This is getting nowhere," Terrorblade thought to himself after his sixteenth infiltration. He was tiring from the tension. The very feeling of heart-pumping and insides coiling up like a spring was getting into him.

The amount of tents to check were dwindling. Terrorblade thought at first that he would have to search the Lord of Avernus' tent to find Akasha. But it also turned out to contain nothing useful to him.

Terrorblade carefully avoided the patrols and the eyes of the doomguard by concealing himself in shadow. He slipped by the back of the tent and found himself in yet another messy warlock's tent.

He was about to leave when he noticed something. One of the many plain black pins that Akasha wore. The elder Stormrage left it alone and cast his eyes around for any sign of her. There was none. Yet on that Warlock's belongings was a sheaf of papers. They were titled; Akasha.

Terrorblade immediately reached for it. THe moment his hand brushed that parchment, a loud wailing alarm rang out. He dropped the papers in shock.

"Stupid stupid! It's a trap!" Terrorblade berated himself.

Actually it was no real fault of his. The alarm that was raised cannot be fully blamed in his lack of ability to sneak around. Rather, it was his poor luck. The tent in particular belonged to Waye Quant Minimus the 59th who was paranoid as a result of his bullying seniors, Waye Cheng the 56th and Waye Hao the 57th.

The history of their queer names came from an anormalous and small and easily forgetten history of Warlock Academy. Somewhere up in the upper echelons of command, some wise chief warlock decided that adding the graduating batch for the warlock would prove to be a source of pride for them as well as a change of names. Unfortunately it meant that if that warlock is a junior warlock, its seniors would often make things a living hell for them until there are newer warlocks.

It became a fad for a quite a few batches until that chief warlock passed away from an experimental spellwork accident. Then his sucessor thought that names like Waye Quant Minimus the 59th was not as scary to enemies as Demnok Lannik, one of their dropouts who ended up with a much terrifying name and far greater skills with spellwork. The regression to the era of scary and terrifying names was swift.

As a result, a whole generation of warlocks with laughable titles walked among them, which Warlock Academy was quick to forget. Due to the embarrassment.

The two doomguards outside the tent were chuckling,

"Probably Waye Hao. I remember he did something like that a few days back."

The other gave a nasty laugh.

"I knew it, it had to be that Waye Hao and Waye Cheng! I have them in my hands, those insufferable buffoons!" a third voice screeched.

Terrorblade could not find a hiding place in time.

He quickly grabbed a ritual knife from the table.

A warlock stormed into the room, a fel orc with blood-red eyes charged in. on its withering hand was demonic energies thrashing about and gnashing themselves into a frenzy. It was really short for an orc, barely larger than a dwarf.

"I got you in my trap! You theiving warlocks. You will torment me no more! Waye Quant Minimus the 59th have prevailed against you!" the diminutive orc ranted.

The orc froze. It saw Terrorblade.

That was all the chance Waye Quant Minimus the 59th ever had.

Terrorblade slew the foul warlock at where he stood, but not before it gave a loud cry.

The doomguards outside lumbered into the tiny tent.

Terrorblade was equally merciless. Two doomguards lay dead in their vile brackish blood.

Breathing heavily, Terrorblade quickly exited.

Only to see four more doomguards staring at him. Surprise registered on their eyes for a moment before they drew their flaming swords. They leveled itat him and charged.

Terrorblade skirted to one side of the charge and picked up a heavy halberd from the weapon rack that lay scattered about the camp. With it, he skewered his third doomguard.

There were shoutings and alarms were raised. Terrorblade fled, trying to elude his enemies. He made it to the center of the camp before doomguards and warlocks from all sides poured it and surrounded him.

One overly-excited warlock, eager to earn credit for himself, threw a charged arcane bolt at him.

Terrorblade leaped out of the way and it struck down a doomguard. The doomguards around that warlock beheaded that hapless warlock for that.

In the ensuring chaos, one doomguard; a massive demon towering over the rest, stepped forward. It had a massive rack of horns set on its crimson forehead and a pair of bat-like wings.

The massive demon drew its flaming sword that smelled of sulphur and brimstone. The flaming steel was levelled at the night elf; a wicked blade drunk with much blood.

The doomguard charged and tried to run Terrorblade through. The strongest doomguard faced off the Terrorblade.

Terrorblade was swifter with the halberd. Terrorblade kept low and speared his foe in the belly. The rest were seized with such a fear that they stood around him, too afraid to attack.

"Where is she?" Terrorblade shouted. "I will fight ten of you to get to her!"

"Ever so predictable, Son of Stormrage," a cold cruel voice remarked.

Atop a monstrous beast of magic and sulphur, was the dreaded Lord of Avernus who towered over everyone else. He sheathed Frostmourne but in his hands, he owned a rapier and had good teachers

"You mean her? She's excellent company. If you know what I mean..."

Anger burned inside Terrorblade.

"Fight me. Mano-a-mano! Fight me if you have any honour!" Terrorblade called out.

"Oh please, how old-fashioned is a thing called honour. I do not need to prove anything to you, elf. Doomguards, take him. Dead or Alive."

Then they all charged him. Screaming sulphurously and waving flaming metal around.

Terrorblade fended off fifteen before the rest started to pour in. Overwhelmingly. Then he felt pain erupt from his abdomen. A fiery blade had got in through his guard.

Just as his strength was being poured out on the ground, Terrorblade felt his eyesight dim. He raged against the dying of the light.

The world exploded around him and Abaddon screamed in rage.

Kel'thuzad was beside him, his bony fingers enshrouded in a bluish aura. Glacious ice exploded off the ground and cracking the ground. A thick blizzard covered the whole area, miring fiery demons in freezing death.

The Lich picked him up with one arm. It was amazing that the undead mage had so much strength to do so.

Then the Lich used a scroll of Teleportation.

Terrorblade felt the strong pull of magic whisk him through. THen was a sudden jerk of explusion and they were in a dark cavern. Drip drip drip.

Something dark and red spotted the floor. Terrorblade gazed at it blearily for a moment before feeling weak. Blood. His own.

He began to pass out.

"Oh no, young elf. You owe me still," Kel'thuzad said sternly and propped Terrorblade upright against a stony wall.

Then as the mists of death and darkness started to overtake him; a sight that would freeze the blood of mere men overtook him.

Three beings, so withered and so wild in attire and wild in appearance, that look not like the inhabitants of earth appeared to his sight. One was a old woman with withered tresses. The other, a twisted shade of a once venerable sage. The third was a creature with a skull for a head and long dark sinewy claws all engulfed in devilry. They surrounded the foul Lich and the doomed elf.

Krobelus the Death Prophet was she, her blackened desires are a hell-cursed inbred offspring of Death and Sin; incestously obessed with Death.

With her was foul company of Rotund'jere, a heretic mage slain by ironic fate. Hypocrites and perpetrators of simony slew him and to find their false gods offer no such repreive from his vengeful wrath.

Atropos is an elemental force personifying the nightmares and fear of this world. He manifested where there was promise of inflicting horror and feeding off dread.

These three foul spirits flanked before a lich most horrid, Kel'thuzad. The one who is the left hand of the Lich king.

Terrorblade's face was white.

"Speak if you can. What are you?"

Krobelus glided in front of him. Her presence was torture for her robes seemed to be made of poor tormented spirits. She spoke in a high and malicious voice.

"All hail Terrorblade, Captain of the Sentinels! All hail Terrorblade, mighty General! All hail Terrorblade, Hero of the world!

The elder Stormrage felt unnatural fear crawl up his skin.

"Tell me more, I know I am the captain of the Sentinels. What do you mean when you say I am a general of hordes? Speak I charge you!" Terrorblade called out.

With a turn, the spirits were gone. Only the lich remained.

"Good ser, why do you turn chalky white and tremble at things that sound so fair," the fell Lich remarked.

Terrorblade looked down at his body.

There was no sign of any wound.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:45 AM   #75
kennotlah

thanks guys. I'm late because I was at a marathon.
@Cr1s1sCore: thanks!
@Mortality11: I'll need to clarify this, Terrorblade lied to the Lich that his name was Magina the Terrorblade. It sucks. In hindsight.
@Strangekid: I don't really know...the facts tally about Kel'thuzad. THe spade should make sense seeing that they are on a farm. perhaps that's a descriptive flaw.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #76
Strange_Kid

cant find any trouble, is some uppercase TH intended? If it is i dont understand the meaning tho...
Old 05-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #77
Cr1s1sCore

another great act , well can someone just explain me the last part after krob praises terrorblade , they turn around and disappear and lich remains then?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #78
Strange_Kid

maybe he never fight doomguards or thing, its just illusion from the lich?

Honestly this fic is one of the few things that keep me in this section.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #79
Cr1s1sCore

it can be need to wait for the next few parts to find out
Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #80
Mortality11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange_Kid View Post
maybe he never fight doomguards or thing, its just illusion from the lich?

Honestly this fic is one of the few things that keep me in this section.
Lich OP nerf plz
  Entertainment Fiction & Literature