Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #41
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline

Default Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!


Have people not seen the hacks in p2p games?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #42
renanzin92
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 33
renanzin92 is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Troll thread.
OP still hasn't said a thing about matchmaking preventing you from playing with multiacc and leavers, keep playing and not ruining other games and you'll get matched with same kind of people.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #43
Person.Boi
Member
 
Person.Boi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 20th Century
Posts: 560
Person.Boi is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by renanzin92 View Post
Troll thread.
OP still hasn't said a thing about matchmaking preventing you from playing with multiacc and leavers, keep playing and not ruining other games and you'll get matched with same kind of people.
^This. If OP can give a legit answer to this and:
a) Give an example of such a developed and high profile game that has been abused and hacked (doesn't matter if it is f2p or p2p it makes no fking difference) + has to be within around these few yrs.

b) Tell me. Any big security breaches in Steam, ever?

c) IF U FKING PLAY, u won't be matched with leavers, tards, trolls as they will be in the LOW-PRIORITY MATCHMAKING POOL (unless ofc u are a tard).

OR its just OP trolling cuz he doesn't have a beta key.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #44
R.B.Economy
Member
 
R.B.Economy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 3,775
Blog Entries: 18
Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 
R.B.Economy is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Making things free should be the aim of human civilization for it to improve. In future, money will be obsolete and everything is free. Who's going to do the work? Robots and machines. Who's going to make the robots and machines? People who are interested in making robots and machines, and get free education on anything they want to learn.
__________________

Thanks to judges NuclearCookie, Necamijat and special thanks to Lotus V Eater for the banner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #45
Rofltrellen
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 179
Rofltrellen is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Even LoL is pretty much unhackable and it has a couple of million players

Valve has also stated that they are revamping VAC, if it was soon I can't remember
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #46
Sentry_ward
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wherever that pesky riki is
Posts: 4,705
Blog Entries: 2
Sentry_ward is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Oh look, more retards that fear change
More people being able to play dota 2 is a bad thing!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #47
Bubuli
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northrend
Posts: 1,424
Blog Entries: 1
Bubuli is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

well you can create a new account. thats true.
there are lots of solutions to that problem.

1. by creating a new account, you loose all the heroes that you unlocked (like lol)
2. by creating a new account you loose the "approved player" tag.
the tag is given to players that have a leaving rate <20%-10% and 100 games (elite tag for leaving<5%).
this means you are not allowed to play with other "approved" players.
3. hacks can´t be prevented 100%, but you also can´t hide the hacks 100% from VAC. I wouldn´t be afraid of hackers.
Nevertheless i agree that, beeing perma banned in a game that you paid 40$ is a bigger threat than on a f2p account.
4. have your own banlist, e.g. you think player x did hack/leave, ban him so you won´t be matched again with/agianst him.
__________________
NO for !!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #48
SpellBindeR~
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pinoy
Posts: 1,920
SpellBindeR~ is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No



Do what you want, ‘cause a pirate is free, YOU ARE A PIRATE! Yar har, fiddle di dee, Being a pirate is alright to be, Do what you want ‘cause a pirate is free, You are a pirate!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #49
DMR_Chane
Member
 
DMR_Chane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westeros
Steam: 私はSmaug途方もない
Posts: 3,837
Blog Entries: 4
DMR_Chane is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

STOP THE FUCKING F2P THREADS. DAMMIT
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #50
StraY_WolF
Member
 
StraY_WolF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Under the stars
Posts: 3,965
StraY_WolF is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I love how OP just assume that DotA 2 is easily hackable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #51
DefOfTheNewOnes
Member
 
DefOfTheNewOnes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,121
DefOfTheNewOnes is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Since when the buisness model of a game decides if its easy hackable or not? Where have I been for all those years?
__________________

Offensive Laning: Hard cock, ejaculation!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #52
xFenrir
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
xFenrir is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

u dont have to buy the heroes so its easy for player to create new acc and troll like a baws
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #53
hideinlight
Member
 
hideinlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,731
hideinlight is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

free to hack?

DOTA2 is gonna have LAN, thus it's gonna have hacks created because of it. Because Blizzard said so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #54
Manlybug
Member
 
Manlybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: _________ส็็็็็็็็็็็็
Posts: 1,430
Manlybug is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Stop arguing. OP is stupid.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #55
sunnymarcell
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,400
Blog Entries: 1
sunnymarcell is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

heck there is more faggotry here than in a prophet+anti-mage dual lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeltHat View Post
blizzard will earn money from auctions+its terrible+p2p
valve will earn from store+its awesome+f2p
logic
blizzard earned more money on diablo 3 release day than valve will ever earn from dota 2 store

so what can you learn from this? you dont need to make a good game, if the previous games (diablo 1, 2, lod were awesome) were good.

if valve would release half life 3, even if its good or shit, half life 1-2 fans would instantly buy it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #56
DMR_Chane
Member
 
DMR_Chane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westeros
Steam: 私はSmaug途方もない
Posts: 3,837
Blog Entries: 4
DMR_Chane is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
and another +1
and another one
and another one

when will these worthless topics end?
we might never know
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #57
lifhousen
Member
 
lifhousen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: At Care Bear Land
Posts: 96
lifhousen is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

dota 1 wasn't free? I remember that I just bought Warcraft III not Dota 1
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #58
Sentry_ward
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wherever that pesky riki is
Posts: 4,705
Blog Entries: 2
Sentry_ward is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifhousen View Post
dota 1 wasn't free? I remember that I just bought Warcraft III not Dota 1
You bought it, countless others pirated it and played as good as if they had bought it
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #59
Terrawind
Member
 
Terrawind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,445
Terrawind is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Free to hack? Just look at all the other F2P games, you so called "Pro."... or maybe I could call you "Noob."!

MapleStory - HackShield activated every time online. First password typed then leads you to channel select which you need to type a confirmation code then to select your character, where you need to type secondary password. For now, there's no hack in MapleStory.

League of Legends - Never see any hackers so far. Problem?

Heroes of Newerth - So you are expecting hacks in HoN? Bitch Please!

Leave? It is confirmed that Valve will make something to prevent leaver issue you moron! Is like you're saying there's no leavers in all the other games... Deal with it! Noob!

Ruin games? There's interesting... Every players in the world will ruin at least one match of game. Don't tell me you never bought the wrong item in DotA and make your team lost? Just admit it... Don't make a stupid account in PD and call yourself "Pro.", you total noob!

You're a total noob that never even check or research a game you like and still wanna call youself "Pro." I seriously laughed loud, and multi-account is traceable; Steam is an advanced platform not like Garena, NOOB! And also, is like Beta Key draw is not free and you need to pay 100 US$ to get nothing from the draw. TF2 is free and I never heard people complained about hackers, game ruiners, leavers in the game, and also Valve is a professional company, they will never make a F2P game without thinking the precautions and implement systems to prevent them. And it's also funny to see a NOOB taking Blizzard an example...

Yes! Blizzard is an professional company, but their primary target is money, they tried to sue Valve because of money. They make a P2P MMORPG -WoW that is well made and ruined it but players still have to pay for it because of money. And come on! Do you think players from all over the world are like you? Using full set gaming gears and Alienware computer set? Take Thailand or Malaysia as examples, I myself is a Malaysian; not saying all Malaysians are poor. But I'm using a 2GHz processor, no graphic card, low RAM, low ROM and is still Windows XP to play DotA, if Valve made Dota 2 a P2P game, it will sure cost RM60 - RM100 every month, which is not a good price to accord. You scumbag selfish noob! And also... What's wrong with F2P? Bigger community, more players, more friends, more pros (of cause not you! NOOB!)...

I really tired with these rich people that want a game P2P so they could play with other rich people and not care about poor people from Indonesia, Philipines or other poor country that are more pro then them. SELFISH SCUMBAGS! USELESS NOOBS! STUPID PLAYERS THAT DOESN'T THINK! A*SHOLE!
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #60
SECXIIKILLA
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Over there.....you see it? NO! OVER THERE! OGMOGGMOGM CAN'T YOU SEE IT?!?
Posts: 6,961
SECXIIKILLA is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

if you had half a brain, dota 1 didn't actually cost any money. it's a free map.
now i know wc3 costs ~30-45 dollars.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #61
Terrawind
Member
 
Terrawind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1,445
Terrawind is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

And also, any staff member see this thread!
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Close this troll thread and ban this fellow include IP and Dota 2.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #62
silvercover
Forum Staff
 
silvercover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,652
silvercover is online now
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

from what ive heard somewhere, there's a higher chance of hacking on a p2p game than a f2p game...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #63
RaidenStorms
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,318
RaidenStorms is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hacks, on my VALVe servers?

Bitch, please.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #64
cairnebloodhoof
Member
 
cairnebloodhoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,051
cairnebloodhoof is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro. View Post
It is now official, what we've all feared might happen has just happened. Dota 2 is going to be free to play, or in other words : free to hack, leave and ruin games. Thanks to the selfish idiots who think they shouldn't be paying for other people's work. Dota 1 wasn't free why should Dota 2 be free?

I don't care if Valve thinks they're going to make more money by having it free with a cosmetic store, it's going to ruin it for the players. I hate how every gaming company nowadays just thinks about profit and doesn't give a shit about its players, in the long run I think a loyal fan base is more important than short term profits.

Look at Diablo3, it's the fastest selling pc game of all time and its not because its the best game, its actually pretty terrible (for a blizzard game), it's because of the huge fan base blizzard has built over the years and all the Diablo 1 & 2 fans that had been waiting for that game since D2: LoD came out. Don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 is a good game, but it is a huge drop from Diablo 2 (I'm just sharing my opinion, you may disagree) and I feel like it went in the opposite direction as to what we've seen with diablo 1, 2 and LoD. To me, it doesn't feel like Diablo anymore. Patches may change my mind, but I would be playing Diablo 2 over Diablo 3 if it wasn't for the damned spam bots and the huge drop in players Diablo 3 caused.

My apologies for going slightly off topic, but my gaming life has only seen disappointments lately. Hopefully Heart of the Swarm won't be another disappointment, Starcraft 2 was one of the best game I have ever played and my hopes for HotS are as high as they can be.
who said it was our decision?
it was valve's, AKA the idiots who didn't want to pay for other's work (whoyou think made the decision)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #65
Synchrotron
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 134
Synchrotron is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

It's funny how OP thinks Dota 2 will run in the same shitty servers as battle.net or garena that offer absolutely NO support to prevent cheating. Not that it will be impossible to hack in Dota 2, it never is, but in Dota 1 if you want to maphack all you have to do is type "dota maphack" on google and the first result will show you a crappy coded hack that your grandmother could program because the coders don't even have to worry about bypassing an anti-cheating system.

The matchmaking itself will already prevent people from leaving, Valve just needs to increased the punishment so people don't feel tempted to do it. Also, item dropping in the end of the match is also an important factor that will prevent players to leave games.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #66
Pro.
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 747
Pro. is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefOfTheNewOnes View Post
Since when the buisness model of a game decides if its easy hackable or not? Where have I been for all those years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraY_WolF View Post
I love how OP just assume that DotA 2 is easily hackable.
I never said anything that could have been interpreted as such. I never even talked about the level of difficulty in hacking Dota 2. I merely said that having no drawback involved with getting caught hacking means more people will be hacking. Hacks will be developed for Dota 2, it is inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renanzin92 View Post
Troll thread.
OP still hasn't said a thing about matchmaking preventing you from playing with multiacc and leavers, keep playing and not ruining other games and you'll get matched with same kind of people.
Game ruiners & leavers will still be matched with new players and hackers will still be able to be matched with anyone since VAC uses delayed banning.

Quote:
well you can create a new account. thats true.
there are lots of solutions to that problem.

1. by creating a new account, you loose all the heroes that you unlocked (like lol)
Counterproductive and it goes against Valve's philosophy according to their FAQ. This isn't WoW, a grind to win model has no business in here.

Quote:
2. by creating a new account you loose the "approved player" tag.
the tag is given to players that have a leaving rate <20%-10% and 100 games (elite tag for leaving<5%).
this means you are not allowed to play with other "approved" players.
Hopefully the percentages are much lower, 5% is a shit load of leaving. Anyone above 0.1% (1 in a thousand is far more than enough leniency) should be put in the leaver pool.

Quote:
Nevertheless i agree that, beeing perma banned in a game that you paid 40$ is a bigger threat than on a f2p account.
My point, exactly.

Quote:
4. have your own banlist, e.g. you think player x did hack/leave, ban him so you won´t be matched again with/agianst him.
This won't be applicable with the match making system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
from what ive heard somewhere, there's a higher chance of hacking on a p2p game than a f2p game...
I can't believe how many people are stupid enough to interpret my post as such. I feel like I'm addressing to kindergartners.
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Pro.; 06-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #67
†André†
Member
 
†André†'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: India
Posts: 3,189
Guide Writing Award 
†André† is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

lol nubs
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #68
Grinning
Member
 
Grinning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 135
Grinning is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
or in other words : free to hack
LOL!

Quote:
Dota 1 wasn't free why should Dota 2 be free?
lol

Quote:
Diablo3, it's the fastest selling pc game of all time
lol

Three lols for one post! Thank you kind sir!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #69
fguc
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 167
fguc is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

This will only be a problem in low bracket
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #70
gattsu-
Member
 
gattsu-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 185
gattsu- is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro. View Post
It is now official, what we've all feared might happen has just happened. Dota 2 is going to be free to play, or in other words : free to hack, leave and ruin games. Thanks to the selfish idiots who think they shouldn't be paying for other people's work. Dota 1 wasn't free why should Dota 2 be free?

I don't care if Valve thinks they're going to make more money by having it free with a cosmetic store, it's going to ruin it for the players. I hate how every gaming company nowadays just thinks about profit and doesn't give a shit about its players, in the long run I think a loyal fan base is more important than short term profits.

Look at Diablo3, it's the fastest selling pc game of all time and its not because its the best game, its actually pretty terrible (for a blizzard game), it's because of the huge fan base blizzard has built over the years and all the Diablo 1 & 2 fans that had been waiting for that game since D2: LoD came out. Don't get me wrong, Diablo 3 is a good game, but it is a huge drop from Diablo 2 (I'm just sharing my opinion, you may disagree) and I feel like it went in the opposite direction as to what we've seen with diablo 1, 2 and LoD. To me, it doesn't feel like Diablo anymore. Patches may change my mind, but I would be playing Diablo 2 over Diablo 3 if it wasn't for the damned spam bots and the huge drop in players Diablo 3 caused.

My apologies for going slightly off topic, but my gaming life has only seen disappointments lately. Hopefully Heart of the Swarm won't be another disappointment, Starcraft 2 was one of the best game I have ever played and my hopes for HotS are as high as they can be.
words of wisdom.

totally feel the same, i was diablo2 addict and still play it. I didnt start d3 because of what u said. Good game but miles away from the quality game like diablo2 lod.

I feel like nowdays the big companies (run by clueless managers who only played tetris as a pc game and only care about profit and give a fuck about quality in a game) first focus on "how to make money".

Dont get me wrong, diablo2 was also made with a profit idea but the main reason to create it was the PASSION FOR THE VIDEOGAME.

That passion is gone or kept in a secondary position (in the big companies) and always following a srtict guide on how to adapt and create changes in order to get a penny more out of it.

Dota, was like a secret quality game that only a few "nerds" knew of and they loved it. They love the skins, the map, the gameplay, etc. Guess icefrogs primal goal was to create and improve the game out of his passion for it and for the sake of having sth unique, far away from a "profit mentality".

The core spirit when creating a game is the passion for it, when u choose profit as first priority the game usually loses its appeal for the people who really care about quality games.

Im highly curious on how the videogame industry will evolve in the future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #71
bytor
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 104
bytor is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Pro was never going to play Dota 2 anyway, he just found a reason to complain because it is fun. People that will stick with dota are those with crappy computers, those unable to learn new things and progress, those that are afraid they can not do well in Dota 2. Everything else is a poor excuse. I assume Dota will be around a long time most fueled by people that are unable to get a decent computer. Don't be afraid Pro, dota will always be there for you, just that anyone who is anybody will be playing Dota 2. Have fun with your relic.

I hope no one was actually surprised when they announced F2P. It has been obvious for a long time that was their intention.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #72
Nekros4442
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 624
Nekros4442 is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hacks are not possible whatsoever on Dota 2. Like HoN, Dota 2 stores all essential game data on dedicated company servers. For any effective hack to come about they would first need to hack into said server, upload whatever changes they needed, queue up and miraculously find a game on that server and then hack successful. All this is incredibly unlikely and impossible to do discreetly.

You say you hate companies are now looking more towards short-term profits but Valve has made the decision to go F2P exactly because it will allow them to make more money and support their games longer. This has already been proven with TF2 where after they made the switch to F2P they made significantly more money than they ever did from TF2 sales alone.

Dota 2 is free because the industry isnt the same as a decade (or when WC3 came out) ago. Valve has always been at the forefront of innovation and you're crazy to think that they would make Dota 2 B2P simply for the fact that WC3 was.

Valve does have a loyal fanbase which is well deserved you are living under a fuckin rock if you could say that Valve does not have their fans in mind whenever they make a big decision. Valve has god-like status amongst PC gamers for a reason.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #73
Valon129
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 916
Valon129 is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattsu- View Post
words of wisdom.

totally feel the same, i was diablo2 addict and still play it. I didnt start d3 because of what u said. Good game but miles away from the quality game like diablo2 lod.

I feel like nowdays the big companies (run by clueless managers who only played tetris as a pc game and only care about profit and give a fuck about quality in a game) first focus on "how to make money".

Dont get me wrong, diablo2 was also made with a profit idea but the main reason to create it was the PASSION FOR THE VIDEOGAME.

That passion is gone or kept in a secondary position (in the big companies) and always following a srtict guide on how to adapt and create changes in order to get a penny more out of it.

Dota, was like a secret quality game that only a few "nerds" knew of and they loved it. They love the skins, the map, the gameplay, etc. Guess icefrogs primal goal was to create and improve the game out of his passion for it and for the sake of having sth unique, far away from a "profit mentality".

The core spirit when creating a game is the passion for it, when u choose profit as first priority the game usually loses its appeal for the people who really care about quality games.

Im highly curious on how the videogame industry will evolve in the future.
I'm sorry are you talking about Dota 2 being bad because they want to win money while having a sign showing your 1500 hours played on it?
I hope it's not your hours because if it is you're the biggest hypocrite ever.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #74
Mae Shirayuki
Member
 
Mae Shirayuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Behind you
Posts: 3,432
Blog Entries: 5
Mae Shirayuki is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

OP,
If Valve make it Pay-to-Play, many people will start to complain.
If Valve make it Free-to-Play, many people like it, yet still have complaints.
What the hell you want Valve to do for you?
If you dissatisfy with a Free-to-Play game, then you better make your own game.
__________________
My username: Mae Shirayuki
Password: lolipops
-Don't change password else PD will be known as unsecured site-
Since, so many are quitting, hmm..the end. Go into my PM and read all the funny messages especially my latest PMs.
Thanks for all the funs/knowledges/information/works since October 2009, all my friends especially king_james, AriStar, and Denki - nice to meet you three.
Also, thanks to Cp6uja for his dedications in solving most of my problems.
Best mod is always in my mind, you, Crysiz!
Good Bye PlayDotA.com - My account belongs to all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #75
Grubi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Banned
Posts: 2,352
Grubi is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Oh goodie, another pointless and dramatic +1 thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #76
fury7
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 167
fury7 is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY HACK IN A GAME MADE BY VALVE~

Nuff said?

Maybe you need more elaboration.

In case OP haven't heard of Valve Anti Cheat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat

Their ban is one time permanent, delayed time (so you won't know which version of hackware went wrong), and it affects all game that has VaC built in.

What you need to fear though, is simply valve banned you for no reason
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinegospel View Post

*Side Note:
Anyone notice there are no sheep models in the game?
Even Hex, Voodoo and Polymorph creeps dont turn into sheep. [sheepstick my... wow that sounds dirty]
Is there a conspiracy of eradicating all sheep in DotA!?
HAVE I JUST UNCOVERED THE GREATEST CONSPIRACY IN ALL OF DOTA!!!!!!?????
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #77
ithoran
Member
 
ithoran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Serbia
Steam: Garlix
Posts: 936
ithoran is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotAChat View Post
cs was popular, cs was hacked, cheated and abused.

dota 2 will be ultra popular, it will be hacked, cheated and abused. nuff said

You can't hack something that goes trough their servers, cs and wc3 dota are run on lan servers and they can be hacked really easily, but dota 2 can't.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #78
galuf
Member
 
galuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: has been killed by neutral creeps in France
Posts: 3,019
galuf is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

from my personnal experience the more it's f2p the more it's expensive when you have your own wallet, + f2p is kiddo friendly and I'm not really fond of them...

2 reasons why I'm anti f2p, I won't stop playing dota2 because it will be f2p at realease still. (would be masochism, still disapointed.)
__________________

Lurked on "I'm the juggernaut, bitch"
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #79
gattsu-
Member
 
gattsu-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 185
gattsu- is offline
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valon129 View Post
I'm sorry are you talking about Dota 2 being bad because they want to win money while having a sign showing your 1500 hours played on it?
I hope it's not your hours because if it is you're the biggest hypocrite ever.
non-friendly tl:dr = I think you lack english skills.

friendly tl;dr = Yes but im not talking about what you think i am.

bonus-text=
1.Hi
2.You arent sorry
3.Your motivation for writing your post is to call names instead of sharing your point of view about OP's post. You decided to accuse a forumer instead.
4.I like Dota2 and its good
5.Making money is normal and necessary
6.Thats my sign and i played 2000 not 1500.
7.You either havent understood my post or the meaning of hypocrite
8.Bye but in a loving way
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #80
damN_Grave
Member
 
damN_Grave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Caribbean
Steam: GravedamN
Posts: 8,973
damN_Grave is online now
Default Re: Free to play, free to hack, leave, ruin games!
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I guess Valve didn't want much to change- the good and the bad.

I really don't approve of Dota 2 being F2P. Public games will be the same as always. We'll still have more than three games an hour at times.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven2k View Post
I wanked twice last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuriPSYCO View Post
"This isn't right." She says. "You're 20 and I am 14."
[...]
I later find out that 14 is already legal, finally breath normally again.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat


Forum Jump

Thread Tools