Originally Posted by ranz029
Dunno why but he's always use in competitive game..
There are lots of obvious reasons:
1. Has great escape (blink) for early game farming.
2. Can initiate/chase and gank with blink
3. Deals excellent damage to all heroes with mana burn. Not to mention reducing their overall capacity. What I mean is: having an in built mana burn is a great asset.
3. Has awesome magic resist
4. Very good base move speed
5. Can farm extremely efficiently
Having his blink is probably his biggest asset. If the player is cautious and his team mates supportive, it can be near impossible to stop an AM hard carry.