Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #1001
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,091
TwoHourMotel is offline

Default Latest tech purchase thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa_ View Post
all the cheap headphones look like they would break so easily + good desk mic is like what 50 european dollars?

my friend recently bought 150e wireless headset + desk mic and the first reaction from everyone was "why does your sound sound so bad" + the headset has even lower specifications than most.
Turtle Beach X12 my friend.

The most common thing I was getting was how good my mic quality was. If you like big headphones, high quality sound and recording you can't go wrong with turtle beaches.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:33 AM   #1002
ButterOnStick
Member
 
ButterOnStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/191989/
Posts: 2,110
ButterOnStick is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread




It is done. Goddamn ugly orange though, gotta change that.

The case is NZXT s340. I'd say it came beyond my expectations of what an 80$ case can offer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 04:57 AM   #1003
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,091
TwoHourMotel is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterOnStick View Post



It is done. Goddamn ugly orange though, gotta change that.

The case is NZXT s340. I'd say it came beyond my expectations of what an 80$ case can offer.
Looking good m8
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #1004
kildat017
Member
 
kildat017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,961
kildat017 is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

Convince me why should I get a wired headset over a wireless one. My problems with wired headset are

1. I tend to stand up from the desk a lot. I pee a lot and I drink water a lot. The wires just tend to be a big annoyance and find myself removing and wearing the headset. which brings me to the second problem.

2. the wires itself. they will lose solder contact with repetitive wearing and removing. Which I find myself doing A LOT.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:53 AM   #1005
xpforever
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Steam: See sig
Posts: 8,271
xpforever is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildat017 View Post
Convince me why should I get a wired headset over a wireless one. My problems with wired headset are

1. I tend to stand up from the desk a lot. I pee a lot and I drink water a lot. The wires just tend to be a big annoyance and find myself removing and wearing the headset. which brings me to the second problem.

2. the wires itself. they will lose solder contact with repetitive wearing and removing. Which I find myself doing A LOT.
Well, value and sound quality.
But if you care about either of those things, then you shouldn't get a headset period, you should get headphones+a mic.
__________________
I do coaching/replay review/educational stuff, message me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:30 AM   #1006
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,091
TwoHourMotel is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

The basic argument is that there's always a loss in quality and an increase in latency whenever you switch anything from wired to wireless. If slight loss in quality and slight increase in latency aren't an issue for you, then go wireless.

I personally wouldn't go wireless because they're generally more expensive and I'm not about the life of having to worry if my headphones are charged everytime I use them.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:33 AM   #1007
Rickaby
Member
 
Rickaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 2,797
Rickaby is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

I got a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Perfect phone for plebs like me who only want to browse the internet with no issues, have a GPS, use it as a calorie tracking tool and as a music player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:02 AM   #1008
xpforever
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Steam: See sig
Posts: 8,271
xpforever is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHourMotel View Post
The basic argument is that there's always a loss in quality and an increase in latency whenever you switch anything from wired to wireless. If slight loss in quality and slight increase in latency aren't an issue for you, then go wireless.

I personally wouldn't go wireless because they're generally more expensive and I'm not about the life of having to worry if my headphones are charged everytime I use them.
Well, that, and the fact that normal wired headphones consist of a couple drivers, whereas a wireless headset is going to consist of drivers, a mic, battery, battery circuitry, wireless transceiver, ADC, DAC, and amplifier. You're just not going to get the same quality for the same price.
__________________
I do coaching/replay review/educational stuff, message me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:49 AM   #1009
kildat017
Member
 
kildat017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,961
kildat017 is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpforever View Post
Well, that, and the fact that normal wired headphones consist of a couple drivers, whereas a wireless headset is going to consist of drivers, a mic, battery, battery circuitry, wireless transceiver, ADC, DAC, and amplifier. You're just not going to get the same quality for the same price.
In the end its a question of how much "quality" I am sacrificing for convenience.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:02 PM   #1010
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,091
TwoHourMotel is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildat017 View Post
In the end its a question of how much "quality" I am sacrificing for convenience.
You could get a really high grade wireless pair of headphones, but with that same money, you could get a BETTER wired pair of headphones. That's your dilemma.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:30 AM   #1011
minhogang
Member
 
minhogang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/berceuse
Posts: 2,763
minhogang is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa_ View Post
hey suggest me headsets or I am going to buy steelseries siberia v2 for 3rd time in my life
If you want a gaming headset you can consider audio technica gaming headset. They are quite expensive but do lack a bit of bass. Personally I suggest you get a good pair of head phones (like sennheiser hd 598 or audio technica AD series) and a modmic; you get very good sound while not sacrificing mic quality, while providing more bang for your buck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:18 AM   #1012
kildat017
Member
 
kildat017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,961
kildat017 is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread



Some next level modding here. supposedly it's a "machine-modified" 21.5' monitor with having chassis at its back where you could place the rest of all computer components. It's also supposedly have better air flow as it has holes.

the monitor screen is also already protected by some kind of a glass. great for spillage and those LED killers. my only gripe is that the monitor itself is eating up 30 watts (in comparison my 23.6" eats up less than 25W)

it also comes up with a built-in webcam (where?) and a cheapo speaker (does it need power? idk) at the bottom.

#based china and korea

__________________
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by kildat017; 01-30-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #1013
TwoHourMotel
Member
 
TwoHourMotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 5,091
TwoHourMotel is offline
Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

That's beautiful!

Here's Linus reviewing another DIY AIO computer.


The one you posted looks much better though. I personally wouldn't get into AIO monitor+PC but I could definitely see the appeal of this.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Entertainment Gadgets & Tech


Forum Jump

Thread Tools