Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #881
Glac1al

Default Latest tech purchase thread

I remember fixing my mouse as a last ditch effort when it was unbearable to use by opening it. But that's when I had Logitech, I myself gonna do the same with my Deathadder'13 since last time I checked there were no guidelines for this thing (I can't find any screws, you see)

Old 03-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #882
z10

Default Re: Latest tech purchase thread

No screws hidden by the plastic sliders or stickers at the bottom of the mouse? Accidental double clicking normally doesn't come from dust, but instead from the springs in the OMRON micro switch not doing their job anymore (you can bend them into the right position again, but it will not last forever), or you can use a new switch.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #883
teStud0

Steam: arcsinti

Late post once again, this time a "purchase of sorts"

So I swapped my ASUS K53SV laptop (i7 sandy qm/nvidia 540m/6gb ram/750gb hdd) to an i3 sandy desktop, an nvidia gt220, 8gb of ram and 500gb HDD plus 70 USD. Yea I know it's a downgrade but it's mobility aspect is nonexistent for me (I literally brought the laptop outside ONCE in the 4 years I had it and it's heavy as f*ck - 5lbs) plus the overheating issues when I play dota2. Then I bought a cheapo 19 inch LCD monitor for around 33 USD and bought this mouse:

I used what's left of the 70USD that I had (got the black one). Simplistic design, good build quality, good enough dpi for me. It's a decent mouse for it's price range.

Btw the other desktop is primarily used now by my younger brother for dota2 and his school stuff. Now I have my pc all to myself
Old 03-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #884
minhogang

so i had a double click issue on the deathadder 2013, so i used the classic wd-40 on the left click switch and let it dry for about 5 minutes.
After assembling it back together, the double clicking went away. I assume this will come back after 5 months.

Can anyone recommend a way to re-attach the mouse feet? i didn't have any adhesive that time and i used some krazy glue, which took some room in the mouse feet reservoir and some of the feet are sticking out. Which scratches my mouse pad and the mouse doesn't glide across the surface as it used to. krazy glue also made the bottom of my mouse dirty

i just want to say how bad the screws are located to disassemble the mouse. At least, they should put it on the sticker, not below the sensitive mouse feet that you have to glue it back somehow.

Can someone recommend me a mouse and a keyboard for future reference, and not by razer (although their mouse pads are great)
i'm looking for keyboards with blue switches, because i play only RTS games and not FPS
mice that isn't meant for FPS, notably the "speed" type mice. pretty much like the deathadder

show quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverKnight View Post
if u smash R when attacking you'll more likely to crit
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuzuIII View Post
ruskis kurwa report cyka for not giving mid to pudgeri
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeCityBoy View Post
all praise to god father of our lord jesus christ who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with christ, jesus the messiah
Old 03-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #885
SkyforgerXVIII

Old 03-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #886
Supa_

Hey a kid in my school used to own piece of those antics. Broke within a year.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by teStud0 View Post
19 inch LCD monitor for around 33 USD
Quote:
Originally Posted by teStud0 View Post

I used what's left of the 70USD that I had
what.

you also tell that you traded your own system into a weaker one. double what.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #887
teStud0

Steam: arcsinti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa_ View Post
what.

you also tell that you traded your own system into a weaker one. double what.
The Kinzu v2 costs around 37 USD. And If you actually read my post, my reasons were pointed out. Also my previous laptop had some minor issues (battery is completely dead, failing HDD, power jack was loose needed to be soldered on the motherboard and the audio jack randomly doesn't work - probably a grounding issue) so I can't really expect a high resale/trade value (and in our country people really know how to haggle )
Old 03-18-2015, 10:34 PM   #888
ololo1

Steam: SoEmpty

Gonna get new macbook pro 13 next week.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:38 AM   #889
xpforever

Steam: See sig

Friendly reminder that headsets, especially "gaming" ones, are notoriously bad value for your money, and a good pair of headphones+cheap desk mic is better bang for your buck in at least 90% of cases.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #890
SkyforgerXVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpforever View Post
Friendly reminder that headsets, especially "gaming" ones, are notoriously bad value for your money, and a good pair of headphones+cheap desk mic is better bang for your buck in at least 90% of cases.
Hardly. Or perhaps this scenario is the remaining 10% of the cases.

A cheap desk mic that is actually working properly costs like 10-15€, headphones of this quality come around 20-25€, and I got the whole thing for less than 30€.

Price was reasonable and I needed a spare pair of headphones with a detachable mic (was getting a Sennheiser Momentum for my bro anyway, and since it's quite pricey I decided to cut back on the shipping fee and order more than just a single item).
Old 03-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #891
minhogang

does anyone happen to use m3 adhesive on plastic/teflon surfaces? how would it work on attaching mouse feet?

show quotes:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
all praise to god father of our lord jesus christ who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with christ, jesus the messiah
Old 03-19-2015, 09:12 PM   #892
E02K

is a m2 ssd better than a sata ssd?
Old 03-20-2015, 02:24 AM   #893
xpforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by E02K View Post
is a m2 ssd better than a sata ssd?
Which one? If exposes an AHCI controller, it's no better since that's essentially just a sata disk+controller. If it's NVMe, then it would be better because it cuts out a whole layer.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #894
kildat017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyforgerXVIII View Post
Hardly. Or perhaps this scenario is the remaining 10% of the cases.

A cheap desk mic that is actually working properly costs like 10-15€, headphones of this quality come around 20-25€, and I got the whole thing for less than 30€.

Price was reasonable and I needed a spare pair of headphones with a detachable mic (was getting a Sennheiser Momentum for my bro anyway, and since it's quite pricey I decided to cut back on the shipping fee and order more than just a single item).

It literally screams "China made!!!" but it does a lot of the job for a very, very cheap price (should be less than 5 dollars). Plus the wires are thick, and you know from the feel that its very durable.

For mouse, Linus recommends M45 mouse from Corsair for a "budget pc gaming" but personally an a4tech would be just as competitive for a cheaper price.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #895
E02K

Quote:
Which one? If exposes an AHCI controller, it's no better since that's essentially just a sata disk+controller. If it's NVMe, then it would be better because it cuts out a whole layer.
it has Marvell 88SS9183 controller
Old 03-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #896
kildat017

I want to shout a big FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! to whoever the fuck perma damaged one of my monitor in my i-cafe. It's a dead pixel, obviously done by a left thumb finger (or index finger. the dead pixel already grew larger).

That said, how can I protect my monitor from shady customers who obviously live in the mountains and saw a PC for the first time?
Old 03-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #897
BlizziC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildat017 View Post
That said, how can I protect my monitor from shady customers who obviously live in the mountains and saw a PC for the first time?
Cover that shit in electrically conducted wire and zap that fucker.

On a serious note, you could try checking for gorilla glass to cover the screen, like Phantom Glass. However, it's usually designed for smartphones and I think the size could be a problem.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #898
kildat017

damn it then. my reasonable option then is to custom-made the cafe by putting something like a glass. and I'll have to look for a glass/aluminum shop for this.

I can already guess its gonna be a hefty price T___T
Old 03-21-2015, 02:17 PM   #899
SkyforgerXVIII

Quote:

It literally screams "China made!!!" but it does a lot of the job for a very, very cheap price (should be less than 5 dollars). Plus the wires are thick, and you know from the feel that its very durable.

For mouse, Linus recommends M45 mouse from Corsair for a "budget pc gaming" but personally an a4tech would be just as competitive for a cheaper price.
that apple on though

Quote:
I want to shout a big FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! to whoever the fuck perma damaged one of my monitor in my i-cafe. It's a dead pixel, obviously done by a left thumb finger (or index finger. the dead pixel already grew larger).

install cameras
Old 03-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #900
kildat017

Quote:
that apple on though
I... I really have no idea what the makers were thinking when they put that up. If anyone's curious, that headset is only using your usual 3.5mm green and red jack.

Quote:
install cameras
yeah like I can ask a street kid (who looks as if living in the mountains) to pay for what he broke right?
Old 03-21-2015, 03:04 PM   #901
SkyforgerXVIII

You can ban him from the place.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #902
kildat017

^ That's.... I dunno. That kid will just horde the others within his group to go in a different i-cafe. That's asking for more sales lost. Not an option either.

My best option is probably something like this:

Notice there's a glass hiding the monitor.
Last edited by kildat017; 03-21-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #903
ololo1

Quote:

This mic actually looks like a dildo.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 PM   #904
BlizziC

Take a look at this, I just did a quick search and it seems like there are some companies producing/supplying gorilla glass for monitors. I doubt you'd be interested in any of the offers in the link, but at least it shows that it's possible to get.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/gori...d-monitor.html

I have no idea how well it'll work as it doesn't seem like there's a significant demand for it and there's no major suppliers as far as I've seen. I think it's worth checking out though.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:24 PM   #905
minhogang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlizziC View Post
Take a look at this, I just did a quick search and it seems like there are some companies producing/supplying gorilla glass for monitors. I doubt you'd be interested in any of the offers in the link, but at least it shows that it's possible to get.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/gori...d-monitor.html

I have no idea how well it'll work as it doesn't seem like there's a significant demand for it and there's no major suppliers as far as I've seen. I think it's worth checking out though.
i've heard some shady things with alibaba and all the internet ads they promote. i suggest not buying from there

show quotes:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-21-2015, 11:46 PM   #906
Foede
Forum Manager

Steam: foede
Awesome 

Is it really that common for people to fuck up your monitors to warrant such an expenditure of money? I mean, I would expect other stuff such as mouse and keyboards to get broken on a weekly basis.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:25 AM   #907
xpforever

My trio of monitors that I got forever ago is finally starting to die so I might need to upgrade. I already had to replace the caps in one of them since they were made in that era.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:30 AM   #908
BlizziC

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhogang View Post
i've heard some shady things with alibaba and all the internet ads they promote. i suggest not buying from there
Yeah, I'd definitely think you should only buy this kind of product from a reputable company.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:35 AM   #909
Captain Planet
Forum Staff

Steam: Chiester 556
Guide Writing Award Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 

Quote:
My trio of monitors that I got forever ago is finally starting to die so I might need to upgrade. I already had to replace the caps in one of them since they were made in that era.
Well I recently bought one of these: https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php...ducts_id=25618 and it's fantastic. Bit pricey, though. Might be cheaper where you are, cos that price includes the Australia Tax.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:52 AM   #910
kildat017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
Is it really that common for people to fuck up your monitors to warrant such an expenditure of money? I mean, I would expect other stuff such as mouse and keyboards to get broken on a weekly basis.
I guess it really depends on the scrub in question. it can go a year or just a month. a softdrink placed near the monitor can also fuck up. I do agree that having a glass to hide the monitors are expensive, but at the same time not spending too much to protect them is tricky.

kbd/mouse combo from a4tech (PS2) are rather durable for i-cafe use. and that's saying a lot considering some players do mash them for no reason.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #911
ololo1

Why would you ever need more than 1 monitor lol?
Old 03-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #912
BlizziC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ololo1 View Post
Convenience.
A lot of work benefits from not having to constantly go back and forth applications. An example is art work, it's very common to use references, so you won't have to bring up the reference picture or minimize any windows.

You can just get a bigger monitor, of course. Triple monitor setups does have it's advantages though, in terms of price and practical use.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #913
Captain Planet
Forum Staff

Quote:
It might seem strange, but once you have that second monitor you'll never want to go back to just one if you can help it.

OT: Ordered one of these today

Old 03-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #914
E02K

honestly the roccat software is better
Old 03-23-2015, 09:06 PM   #915
Captain Planet
Forum Staff

Quote:
In the end I don't need REALLY advanced software. I hardly use macros much as well.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:30 PM   #916
xpforever

Quote:
So that you don't have to constantly tab between stuff. On my home machine I usually have a game on one screen, stream on another, and chat on the third. My work machine has 4.

Quote:
Keyboard software doesn't matter when autohotkey/xkbmap/whatever other hardware-agnostic software there is does the same stuff way better.
Paying more for a hardware device when the features it offers are implemented in software is dumb.

The few keyboards with hardware-side features that aren't just rice are quite a bit more costly than normal keyboards.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #917
ololo1

So, my MacBook Pro arrived, I hope dota won't crush every now and then.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #918
Captain Planet
Forum Staff

Quote:
So that you don't have to constantly tab between stuff. On my home machine I usually have a game on one screen, stream on another, and chat on the third. My work machine has 4.

Keyboard software doesn't matter when autohotkey/xkbmap/whatever other hardware-agnostic software there is does the same stuff way better.
Paying more for a hardware device when the features it offers are implemented in software is dumb.

The few keyboards with hardware-side features that aren't just rice are quite a bit more costly than normal keyboards.
Pretty much. There's no point in paying a premium price for a keyboard if most of it's fancy features can be achieved by another keyboard that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. That's why I went for the keyboard I've got instead of the ROCCAT or the SteelSeries.
Old Today, 04:44 PM   #919
Senjougahara
Forum Staff

Steam: Steph
Signature of the Week Winner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post

Pretty much. There's no point in paying a premium price for a keyboard if most of it's fancy features can be achieved by another keyboard that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. That's why I went for the keyboard I've got instead of the ROCCAT or the SteelSeries.
You should've gone an extra mile on the kb and bought a mech instead. I can see myself maintaining a regular membrane kb for 5 years or more, but even then, the extra reliability is always a plus. I'm looking for reds or browns that fits my budget (cuz I'm cheap like that. But not "I'll get a cheap kb instead" cheap doe).
  Entertainment Gadgets & Tech