Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Apolon94

Default Dota 2 ELO?

Is there ELO in Dota 2 or is winning useless? How does matchmaking work then?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
flogo2003

Default Re: Dota 2 ELO?

It doesn't.

Unless you stack a team like many of the players here will tell you, welcome to the random draw of any players in the pools you have selected.

As a 60% win with over 400 games played, I am constantly getting matched with players with less than 50 games played. Unless you build your team before you go in, don't expect much of anything.

*edit

my record is not even good, nor am I saying I am pro, but its just an example of how the system, isn't really a system at all. I mean right now I am in a game with a 6 win 50 game player. How? I have NO idea.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Apolon94

Quote:
Originally Posted by flogo2003 View Post
It doesn't.

Unless you stack a team like many of the players here will tell you, welcome to the random draw of any players in the pools you have selected.

As a 60% win with over 400 games played, I am constantly getting matched with players with less than 50 games played. Unless you build your team before you go in, don't expect much of anything.
Now I'm dissappointed... By far the only reason for me to actually try-hard was to get matchmade with better ones in future :S
Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Domenico
Forum Staff

Steam: barrogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flogo2003 View Post
It doesn't.

There is raiting (not sure if ELO, MMR or something else; IIRC there was a way to check it via console). It doesn't take qty of games played into account and it is used to split players into 3 skill cathegories.

And since higher W/L ratio is easier to maintain when you have less games, you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolon94 View Post
Now I'm dissappointed... By far the only reason for me to actually try-hard was to get matchmade with better ones in future :S
Your ultrakilling Rylai (especially in a team totally welping otherwise) is a reason good enough IMO

"The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments."
Friedrich Nietzsche

------------------------------------------
DC and VG mod. Feel free to PM me with your concerns.
My Steam
Note that I have that infamous edit-a-lot-after-posting syndrome.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
CaptRush

There is a hidden elo, before you could see it through the console but they fixed it.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
DrFrank
Banned

You will get better match-making in the future. You know, 'cause the game's in beta! Just wait patiently and they'll implement a proper system sooner or later.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Apolon94

I just did check out and I was playing with many 55%+ W/L players last match, but they did suck, so no idea :S
Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
flogo2003

Update to my post, my team abandons. LOL.

Pro.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Update to my post, my team abandons. LOL.

Pro.