Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
dowtaa

Default Chaos Knight Build

What is a good Chaos Knight build?
Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Abomination-

Default Re: Chaos Knight Build

I don't play CK much but I think armlet and phaseboots.
He threw the nerf hammer! Jesus Christ, it came toward me! Seeing it come, I was baffled with images of Clockwerk Goblin being stripped of Armor, Tauren Chieftain being gutted in the balls for going out of bounds, and mindless but infinite whine threads flooding the forums like the fucking tsunamis in 2012.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
oblio

Good CK build? Depends on your play style. What CK needs: Strength - for HP and damage, a bit of mana early game (around +200), lots of IAS starting mid game in the game, and maybe an orb late game.

Now about the roles:

Ganker? Treads or Phase, Bottle, Bracers, Armlet or Diffusal. Reasons: Treads for Str and IAS, Bottle for regen while you're running around, Bracers for Str and a bit of Int, which you badly need, Armlet for quick damage or Diffusal for bonus damage and an extra snare.

Carry? Hard to play, since you need lots of farm. Treads, Bracers, Manta, Heart, whatever you want. You carry by taking down buildings with your images.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
bountyface

er....wand/bottle/int treads->bkb->something damaging. mjollnir? dunno.

i don't really think you need phase, you can already blink in, and you want that crit to come out more often with all your images i guess.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
Baconnaise

Bottle Wand Travels then SnY/Skadi for bulkscat images
Old 11-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
dowtaa

Battlefury and heart works well I just found out.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
CoCoNoir

Wand Treads Bottle is core, CK is a heavy ganker and should be played as such. Armlet after this is good, seeing as you won't be farming and the pieces are awesome by themself. Finish with Satanic/Heart/Assault etc etc,

When learning skills, prioritise Stun over Blink Over Crit. Ulti can be taken when you like, if you're going to be hitting a tower at level six and have the mana then level 6 is fine.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
sauphich

core: bottle, wand. str tread ( keep as intel for stun and blink to gank )
then get either SnY or Armlet or both.( turn on armlet before ulti )

Luxury: Heart and batterfurry after maxed critical ( max last)

Super luxury: Assault, Satanic

I think that the normal build.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
CasioFX

armlet hyperstone

of course u still need you misc. shit too bottle/wand gg branchs bracers boots and stuff
Old 11-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #10
MooseEater

ck is one of my favourite hero in dota simply because he is very much unpredictable whether that damage of stun duration. my item build for ck is: bottle, 2xbracers, str treads, armlet. after these items, i normally roam around with ck and dont get much farm so i usually dont get to complete other items. however if i somehow able to farm more id normally go for heart or satanic. i personally dont like battle furry on ck simply because i use him as a roaming hero and the farming ability gotten from bfury is wasted. however if you feel you need more pushing power, then go for it.

as for skill build, i normally max stun and blinkstrike 1st followed by maxing the crit and phantasm at level 13,14 and 16. i dont like using his ultimate simply because it costs so much mana. however once i get to late game he does have enough mana for more than ulti and one stun then i start using it to push towers and big teamfights
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy