Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
GodlyKha

Default how to get out of "very high" bracket?

I don't have an unlimited supply of cdkeys, unlike WC3 or whatever.
In WC3, after playing about 20 games, I'd abandon the account and start a new smurf. Because after ~20 games, you'd run into hour load times and play only with the same group of ~100 total players you'd recognize, games would be incredibly boring protocol/clowntress/etc fests of making the game unfun. I am a person who enjoys messing around. I'd have multiple accounts devoting to massing Acolytes or building cannon towers behind your base.

Well here I am on DotA 2, and I have only about 4 keys total, after giving away so many. And so far, every single game is invariably tryhard. I play with the same people nonstop. DOTABUFF even lists some as "friends" based simply on matchmaking pitting us together for 8 games "at random" recently. I'd estimate that with no exaggeration, 1/4 of my games are against a 4-5 man stack team. Virtually every single game has a 2-3 stack, I imagine there isn't a single thats 10 random people. I'll load a game, and see something like this;
https://dotabuff.com/matches/52743692
or this
https://dotabuff.com/matches/52770987

And then bam, I'll be getting "There are 327 spectators watching your game"

Fuck tryharding. Fuck every single one of you that stacks in pubs more than you search random queue. I can tolerate a paltry few games with friends messing around. Anyone who goes in with a 5 man team searching matchmaking instead of scrimmaging other 5 man teams, ought to be shot. This MM is broken and everyone knows it. I *win* games against 5 man stacks, but it isn't whatsoever fun. Die in a fire you guys, you know who you are. I don't want to play against you, I don't want to play with you.

I spent years building Dagon on Razor back when he had the red lightning projectile animation. I will buy go sangod when I can. I'll mass battle furies on any melee hero, IDGAF. I wish this game had more ways to do funny-yet-effective strategies like my glory days of mass acolytes.

So how do I solve this? How many games can I get off on a smurf account? Until DOTA 2 has a solo-only matchmaking queue or opt-out team MM in solo-queue, its half unplayable. If I start trying to switch out of steam and pretend to be my brother, how many games will I go before I'm back right where I started? I refuse to start ruining peoples games by intentionally losing or throwing or abandoning just to deflate my record. Maybe I could abandon right near the end of everything as we're about to win or lose, but I'd have to dig my way out of an LPQ. I'd rather just play in the "normal human being queue"

How do I get out of the "very high" bracket? I have maybe 500 wc3 cdkeys and accounts were unrestricted anyway, and once it came to dota, you could choose your matchmaking client and choose your games. In DOTA 2, you play by Valve's matchmaking and theres no sign of registration being open instead of invite in the near future.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Uncle_Zhuge

Default Re: how to get out of "very high" bracket?

How to get through/under/over/across/among/around/aside/away/behind/in front/in between/beside/beneath/above "very high" bracket?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
jackyan22

You are obviously not trolling if you keep winning. If you are truly fucking around every game, then you can expect to lose more games and get out of very high.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
Frost

Try suggesting unranked matchmaking @ http://dev.dota2.com

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will support your idea. But there has to be some incentive for people to still play ranked games though, maybe something like no battlepoints or half battlepoints for unranked games.

My DOTA2 stats if anyone's interested: https://dotabuff.com/players/5887247

Old 10-25-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
GodlyKha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyan22 View Post
You are obviously not trolling if you keep winning. If you are truly fucking around every game, then you can expect to lose more games and get out of very high.
I am not going to do funny builds against a 5 man stack. I enjoy trolling and winning, not losing and getting flamed by my allies. I spent last week having to give a 20 line long lecture at the beginning of every game about how I was not trolling with Lothars on BH and it was actually an incredibly effective build, and I still soaked up about 10 reports anyway.

Like I say, I won't intentionally lose just to bring myself down. Thats taking 4 people down with me each time. I'd rather smurf and give some newbies a free win when my Dagon Spectre goes on a rampage.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #6
da_j0sephz

if you naturally fool around every single game in the very high skilled bracket, you will surely lose much more than you win and the matchmaking system would bring you back to a tier where all your fun strats will give you a 50:50 w/l ratio.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
SugaSutA

You can always just dump a few games with more precarious builds. Normally if you do troll builds in general people will already start to flame, more so if you lose.

Or just create a smurf, mute everybody, and troll to your hearts content.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
GodlyKha

But muting everyone and trolling is how I got into this mess!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 AM   #9
Ari~
Banned

Play better. There is nothing beyond the High Skill, so once you get to the end (as in the best) it just goes full circle into shit tier.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #10
Typhox
Banned

Dota 2 currently doesn't support this feature.
You can play Dota 2 Test.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #11
Avenar

Ask the players to report you, then leave. You will be send into Low Priority Pool.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #12
GodlyKha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari~ View Post
Play better. There is nothing beyond the High Skill, so once you get to the end (as in the best) it just goes full circle into shit tier.
Won't I have to play 2147482461 more games?!
I'll be playing 24/7 until the year 162525! And I don't know if I'll still need my teeth, arms and legs by then!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #13
bloodchowz
Banned

keep on losing, feeding the hero so u can get out immediately

Old 10-25-2012, 06:22 AM   #14
4saken.Infinity

You don't. GG no re.

If you really miss messing around, there's /v/ inhouses. Password is usually vidya and games are usually up from evening to early morning PST. Some of them are retardedly tryhard but the people there are such baddies that you can go any buil and rape.

If you really really wanna have a safe way to do this though then we're gonna need a sufficiently large "inhouse" group with forced -spar every fucking game. Too bad Dota 2 doesn't allow for sp yet. I have no idea why either.

Ugh.. guess reddit also has some games although idk what pw they use. And there's a number of people beginning to learn the game that have lobbies created but it's not really fun beating newbies. It's like bullying a crippled kid.

Also what the hell. Just mess around in very high. You dare say IDGAF but then you say you don't mess around vs a stack. Just play like you don't actually give a fuck. That doesn't mean autoloss. If you seriously believe in some of the underrated shit that these tryharders would never consider playing as and thus have no clue how to play vs, you can pull of a ridiculous rape every third game. Sure the other two games might not work out but it'll be fun nonetheless. Why do you worry about other people like seriously. As long as you don't throw on purpose, going messy builds that rape is perfectly fine. Or heroes.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #15
GodlyKha

Yeah but apparently the /v/irgins know who I am by name on this site (no oldfags that know who clan_iraq is), so I dunno if I really wanna poke around

Crikey I would love it so much if I could force every game to be -sp in pubs, and screw over those stacks. Back in dota 1 days before fancy clients and host bots, if I saw some bastards trying to pull a stack on me, I'd run -sp every time. Naturally it meant they'd swear and leave, but it was funnier than just kicking them from my game.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #16
4saken.Infinity

I seriously don't recall typing that "GG no re." what the hell.

Ugh.. just change your name a lot then. Steam lets you change it as many times as you want after all. And set your profile to private so people can't figure out who you're by your friendslist.

Or you could just man up and play the fucking awesome Dagon Spectre vs tryhard with your name or not. It rapes and you know it so what the heck.

In fact, if your name is "known", that means idiots might let you have the room to mess around without yelling at you so much that your play suffers.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #17
jibu

you switch accounts with this guy : http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1143086

Old 10-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #18
ClinkzEastwoodz
Banned

Low priority and you'll be fine.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
mrpoey

I feel your pain. Also, I've met you in MM a few times. I wanted you to play meepo, but he wasn't released yet.

MM doesn't permit me to play with some of my newer or lower skilled friends, because it'll ruin the game. It's quite frustrating.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #20
SugaSutA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyKha View Post
But muting everyone and trolling is how I got into this mess!
I KNOW! Play heroes and start with rapiers?

Namely meepo after agah btw~ I would love to see that

Imagine the big hoo-hah with all the rapiers lying around.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #21
ololo1

Steam: SoEmpty

Btw how do you even check which bracket are you in?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 AM   #22
Fixthemix

So you complain about stacks, yet you want to play/stomp people less skilled than you?

How does this make you any better than the 5-stackers in high bracket?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #23
GodlyKha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ololo1 View Post
Btw how do you even check which bracket are you in?
No clue what the normal way is, but when you get 300+ spectators in your games and are facing down 5 man stacks with verified names on dotabuff and half the people from the first page, it starts being self evident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixthemix View Post
So you complain about stacks, yet you want to play/stomp people less skilled than you?

How does this make you any better than the 5-stackers in high bracket?
What? I want to have fun instead of having to tryhard every game. I don't give a shit left or right about winning. If you find me a 5-man stack in this bracket that are 5x randoming every game and building rapiers, I'll buy them all a round of drinks

But shit, the only 5 man stack I've ever seen do that is *ours*, and I've played like 6 stacked games total
eg
https://dotabuff.com/matches/46834668

Old 10-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #24
almassokk

I can totally understand you OP.
I am in the same hell hole, in games it doesn't even matter if i random or do whatever, i know that all the other players have already set mindset of the game, and they will tryhard as much they can. Back in my dota1 games, people were good and picked whatever they wanted.

Like in dotalicious high rated people still pick bloodseeker and other "shit" heroes just to show to the others that they CAN win even with shit hero. This kind of something i never seen in dota2, seems like the community becoming closed minded as the tournaments going, because the people will 100% copy what they see in tournaments (however most of the strategies are shit in non coordinated teams).

Tryharding is the cancer killing the dota2 high level games, i would really like to see that suggested unranked system, where your stats will not get recorded (so the people cant compare their dicks by Win/Loss ratio), and there people will actually play for fun.

Last edited by almassokk; 10-25-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #25
ShiriMaSen

q with someone new to the game or better yet in low prioirty games.
I did that and got high performance bar for meepo even though i always insta loses if i pick meepo when i'm solo.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #26
Fire525

Literary Award 

Out of interest, how do you check how many people are spectating your games O.o? I thought that number only showed up if you were spectating a game yourself.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #27
HELLRAISER

to be honest, 5man stacks should only go for CM games

Hero Idea: The Unholy Knight <---

Hero Suggestion: Hades, Lord of the Underworld
Hero Idea: Tarvallon, The Ancient Healer
Item: Cross of Isis
Item: Psyche Stone
Latest Item: Vibrating Crystal of Omnisense <---
Buff: [Tinker] A higher ceiling buff

Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #28
xdv

You advertise an "account levelling service"

There are plenty of people who complain they are stuck in "shit tier" ... their teammates stuck... stuck in ELO hell.... if only they could get to a higher ELO, they would have better games, it's because of their teammates dragging them down that they're stuck where they are...

I kid you not, there are people who actually think this...

You can help get their account up to Very High Skill for them =)

Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #29
GodlyKha

Aye I *would* like to return to Meepo playing, and theres no way in hell you can even pick him in solo queue. In my first 3 attempts, my tryhard allies literally attacked me for it- I had two games in a row where a support followed me around soaking up exp and stealing farm purely to spite me. Like a tidehunter who followed me to mid lane and bought clarities and gushed creeps to last hit. Shitting you not.

I've gotten a single good replay so far, and only because someone recognized me and asked me to stay with it after I randomed when I was about to repick. Its probably going to be the only game of Meepo I play in the next few months unless matchmaking gets a solo-only queue or unranked matches or opt-out teammatch or open registration so I can smurf. I don't want to burn my unsigned keys atm

I think the best solution would be if Valve simply put in a button under matchmaking that lets you opt out of team games in solo queue, making it so that you will no longer queue with teams on either side at all. But in exchange to keep everyone from clicking that permanently, it would significantly lengthen your search times to not match with teams. Which makes sense, since there would be less games to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire525 View Post
Out of interest, how do you check how many people are spectating your games O.o? I thought that number only showed up if you were spectating a game yourself.
I get it like 1/10 games now, after 25 spectators join your game, you'll get a "25 spectators are watching this game" message in all chat in white to everyone. Then it will tick upwards from there to remind you every once in a while, seems pretty random on when it will mention it since its not multiples of 5, but shit like "327 spectators"

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv View Post
You advertise an "account levelling service"

There are plenty of people who complain they are stuck in "shit tier" ... their teammates stuck... stuck in ELO hell.... if only they could get to a higher ELO, they would have better games, it's because of their teammates dragging them down that they're stuck where they are...

I kid you not, there are people who actually think this...

You can help get their account up to Very High Skill for them =)
Bwahhaehae, we actually did this back in WC3 days once, some of the folkll from WGDF did it simply as an excuse (while others just lossbotted the fuck out of the accounts). Course, back then we were too busy trolling 4v4 RT games by building crosses out of farms on the minimap and then lighting them on fire with flame strikes and shouting racist epitaphs in allchat

Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #30
Fire525

Literary Award 

Quote:
I get it like 1/10 games now, after 25 spectators join your game, you'll get a "25 spectators are watching this game" message in all chat in white to everyone. Then it will tick upwards from there to remind you every once in a while, seems pretty random on when it will mention it since its not multiples of 5, but shit like "327 spectators"
Ah I see. Clearly I'm not good enough to get anywhere near 25, as I've never seen that message :P.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #31
4saken.Infinity

But then you would lose out on the epic feeling when you successfully stomp a "PRO" stack with a hero they never touched in the past year and with items they didn't even know existed. OMG I PICKED INVOKER _ THE BEST HERO IN THE GAME WHO SHOULD BE AUTOWIN _ BUT THIS GUY OUTLANES AND COMPLETELY RAPES ME WITH A MOTHERFUCKING OGRE MAGI OMG IMBA HERO FFFFUUUU. Etc.

What I mean is, the simplest solution here is to not rely on Valve but to actually not give a fuck like you claim not to.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
GodlyKha

Quote:
Ah I see. Clearly I'm not good enough to get anywhere near 25, as I've never seen that message :P.
eh, I think they're mostly drawn with the enemy stacks or twitch.tv scrub broadcasters that suck each game, I mean when your loading screen looks like this, you can expect spectators;

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4saken.Infinity View Post
But then you would lose out on the epic feeling when you successfully stomp a "PRO" stack with a hero they never touched in the past year and with items they didn't even know existed. OMG I PICKED INVOKER _ THE BEST HERO IN THE GAME WHO SHOULD BE AUTOWIN _ BUT THIS GUY OUTLANES AND COMPLETELY RAPES ME WITH A MOTHERFUCKING OGRE MAGI OMG IMBA HERO FFFFUUUU. Etc.

What I mean is, the simplest solution here is to not rely on Valve but to actually not give a fuck like you claim not to.
Hehe, funny you should mention that feeling since I was randomed Gyro that game

Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #33
4saken.Infinity

Btw, for those interested, you can figure out what bracket you are in by searching for your replays in the watch tab. Enter your name in the player field and choose "Very High" for skill level. If there's a recent replay of yours there when you were solo queueing, you're in that bracket.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #34
GodlyKha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4saken.Infinity View Post
Btw, for those interested, you can figure out what bracket you are in by searching for your replays in the watch tab. Enter your name in the player field and choose "Very High" for skill level. If there's a recent replay of yours there when you were solo queueing, you're in that bracket.
Oh jesus I've been in this since August? Well that explains a lot -.-

Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #35
4saken.Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyKha View Post
Oh jesus I've been in this since August? Well that explains a lot -.-
It may have been longer, they occassionally purge old replays and the ladder got renamed from "low, normal, high" to "normal, high, very high" a while back rofl. I don't remember what exactly happened. It's not exactly hard to get in that bracket anyway and IDK if you tried Dota 2 right after TI 1 but last October (12 months ago), it was hell. 300 people online and almost all of them "pros". The only ones not stacking with other "pros" were absolute newbies that were just reviewing the game for some media site or got in because their bro works for valve or some shit like that. And with only 300 people in, it matched people who were solo queueing plus some of those newbies with 5 man "pro" stack. Christ. Valve's excuse was that it's beta and we signed up for it and stats don't mean shit for a beta game because it's gonna be reset anyway yada yada. An year later, the decree is that stats won't be reset because that would be throwing away "valuable" matchmaking info rofl. I fucking played 9 games of all crystalys leap stats PotM. That's some seriously valuable matchmaking info. Penis.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #36
Fire525

Literary Award 

Quote:
Apparently that isn't linked to your MMR though. I remember that being in Cymen's thread a little while back, so I'm not sure what those brackets refer to.

Quote:
eh, I think they're mostly drawn with the enemy stacks or twitch.tv scrub broadcasters that suck each game, I mean when your loading screen looks like this, you can expect spectators;
Lolclanstacks.

I rarely get annoyed by tryharders and so forth, but something that did irritate me was a CM game where a guy on the other team said something along the lines of "Oh, this game will be good because all our heroes are in the top two tiers". I don't really like that sort of mentality :/.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #37
ShiriMaSen

lol mask of badness sniper
my sides
if you aren't going to q with someone in low skill cap, you can also try switching game servers and you will pair up with noobs.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #38
MeSoloTopPlz
Banned

It's Such a nice feeling when you're playing vs a stack with over 300 spectators when the enemy licks strong heroes and u are owning with "weak" ones . Really the best shit you get out of dota 2 IMO

Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #39
Grubi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenar View Post
Ask the players to report you, then leave. You will be send into Low Priority Pool.
This is not a bad idea. Queue up with friends, maybe you can even do it in bot games and have them report you so you end up in leaver queue.

The thing about leaver queue is that if you got in stacked games usually you will ALWAYS play vs stacks in leaver queue but the quality of stacks will be much lower and you will have an easier time roflstomping everyone.

And I'm sure that you'll queue a lot faster then most people there there but as your skill goes higher you will get more instant queues to fill up those 3 and 4 man stacks, I ended up finding matches instantly at certain times.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #40
4saken.Infinity

Quote:
Apparently that isn't linked to your MMR though. I remember that being in Cymen's thread a little while back, so I'm not sure what those brackets refer to.
It's linked to your MMR alright. But the cream of the top for "very high" are those games that are featured in the first page of live games as they are being played.

Closed Thread
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat