Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
phyjackle

Default Diretide STRATEGY to win candy game

I'm surprised no one else is doing this, but since my first game my strategy is to just let the opponent rape our basket, buy two-three courier. Whenever you pick up a candy, put it in Courier One.

Courier Two would be around their basket, and you just keep guerilla style getting their candies while you don't have to worry about defending your basket because you have 0 candies in it. You pick up candies with Courier Two btw, so you don't have to worry about losing your max HP.

Courier Three would just be a back up. So basically, you just keep sieging their basket and banking candies on Courier One. Doesn't matter if you're getting less gold or exp. Pick heroes like Clinkz.

Finally, at the last minute, dump all your candies in your basket while simultaneously sieging theirs. Win.

I've only lost one game doing this, because AM and Sniper on my team didn't understand english and kept putting the candies into the basket for them to rape. But the rest were hilarious in that the other team thought we were losing until at the last minute we win them by like fifty candies and they desperately rush for our basket.

Of course this will not be advantageous if both teams are banking candies in couriers.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
wzuni9a

Default Re: Diretide STRATEGY to win candy game

My strategy: Pick meepo. Win. Haven't failed yet.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
GodlyKha

Yeah I'd say something like:

Tinker + Meepo + Dirge + Morph + Storm

Play normally at first to make Meepo get big fast, *then* start stockpiling candy into couriers, then drop it at the last 20 seconds of the game and do nothing but defend until it ends.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
KaNdeeKiD

Until both teams do this from the get-go and there is no candy left to steal.
Its a grand box!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
GodlyKha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaNdeeKiD View Post
Until both teams do this from the get-go and there is no candy left to steal.
Hoard it from roshlings once it reached 0:0, then its really just a battle for the lanes
Old 10-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
wzuni9a

I'd use this, but shared courier control is a bitch. Tired of playing Meepo though, so I'm taking a break from Dota.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
mrpoey

something like 5-0 with pudge so far
Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
GodlyKha

Ok so lets say you got together a 5 man stack, what would be the best setup?

Meepo to dupe candy, Sylla to hoard it and deliver it to couriers. He can basically just use his bear to take it from roshlings, Naga with a refresher orb to make sure you can drop it off, Bane to kill Meepo, and any 5th hero

At the start of the game *let them* take your 25 base candies if they try it. All you have to do is take a fair amount, like ~25-40 over the course of 20 minutes, then drop it on Meepo with 2 minutes left in your fountain, have him dupe it twice using buyback (and a shitload of clicking) and then rush your own bucket. If the enemy team was smart, they'd be camping your bucket, so use 14 seconds of sleep to deliver candy as fast as you can click, potentially 1000+ of it.

This should be pretty much unbeatable. You never have to defend your own bucket or attack theirs. They could make it 0-200 and you'd still win 1000-200 anyway

Mind, a well timed zeus or spectre could really really really screw you up, especially if all your team picks up the 1000+ candies when you go to make your delivery. You should probably allow quite a few minutes and tons of defense to get the 1 hp guy into your zone, maybe simply dying in front of it and dropping like a pinata on the ground
Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
OmniXVII

Wouldnt wisp work pretty well?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
Havoc2

How does meepo duplicate the candy?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
kujiro

PLS TRY SIREN!!! you wont regret it!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
phyjackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyKha View Post
Ok so lets say you got together a 5 man stack, what would be the best setup?

Meepo to dupe candy, Sylla to hoard it and deliver it to couriers. He can basically just use his bear to take it from roshlings, Naga with a refresher orb to make sure you can drop it off, Bane to kill Meepo, and any 5th hero

At the start of the game *let them* take your 25 base candies if they try it. All you have to do is take a fair amount, like ~25-40 over the course of 20 minutes, then drop it on Meepo with 2 minutes left in your fountain, have him dupe it twice using buyback (and a shitload of clicking) and then rush your own bucket. If the enemy team was smart, they'd be camping your bucket, so use 14 seconds of sleep to deliver candy as fast as you can click, potentially 1000+ of it.

This should be pretty much unbeatable. You never have to defend your own bucket or attack theirs. They could make it 0-200 and you'd still win 1000-200 anyway

Mind, a well timed zeus or spectre could really really really screw you up, especially if all your team picks up the 1000+ candies when you go to make your delivery. You should probably allow quite a few minutes and tons of defense to get the 1 hp guy into your zone, maybe simply dying in front of it and dropping like a pinata on the ground
Couriers can drop the candies in, that's what I've been doing. But yeah, that's the ultimate strategy, last hero could be FV with refresher to have even more of a failsafe against a courier snipe since you have a thousand candies.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #13
GodlyKha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc2 View Post
How does meepo duplicate the candy?
Load up candies onto him, as many as you can, and he'll be at 1 hp. Then have an ally like bane kill him. Each of his clones drops the candy, so if he had 50, he'll drop 250. If you buyback and do it again, you'll have 1250

But yeah above me is right, you should use couriers to do the final dropoff. Maybe even have multiple couriers, one per each player, so you can pick them up faster after duping.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #14
jackyan22

What if they camp your basket? since there is nothing to steal, there's no point guarding your own.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #15
scricK

Use Courier has safebox in fountain, at minute 2 go raid enemy pumpkin ( Destroy candies ) while your courier gives caadies to your pump
Old 11-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #16
Rowdyruff

Just kick other player's behinds. Works!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #17
john_wilan

This may keep you underfarmed and underleveled.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #18
Fleur-De-Lis

Gonna laugh if the next hotfix contains any reference to not letting couriers pick up or hold taffy. (It WILL happen if this becomes widespread)
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
Stukey

Steam: Stukeyy

Pick PL and win hasn't failed for me yet