We added a few subforums to help organize things for the time being. These suggestion forums are still under development, so expect changes in the future. This is not a new system or suggestions model that we will be developing in the future, this is just a temporary reorganization to make things easier for everyone.
The ultimate goal in mind for suggestions is not to just suggest new ideas for the game, but primarily to create productive discussions about each suggestion posted. Make sure to focus on discussing both the pros and cons of the proposition; this is very important to do
It is also useful to analyzing what effects the suggestion would have in the long term in terms of the game's development, gameplay and overall quality. It is important that you explain your full viewpoint on a suggestion; do not be afraid to state the negative aspects of a suggestion if you have any. It only helps your case because when staff members review it they can see that there was more thought put into it and not be as worried that you were ignoring certain aspects.
- Make sure to post your suggestion within the appropriate subforum. Anything that does not fit in any of the existing categories, goes to "Others".
- As always, make sure to follow the General Forum Rules
when posting in this and all other forums.
- Only post one suggestion per topic; it helps keep the forum organized this way. If you have to radically change the suggestion, you should make a new topic.
- Avoid double posting. If you need to add something, edit your post instead. If you want your topic to be more active, ask someone else to review it instead.
- Try to avoid making suggestions identical to that of what has already been posted. Use the search function to see if your suggestion has already been brought up by someone else.
- If you post in someone's thread, make sure to contribute to the discussion on the suggestion; simply stating 't-up' and nothing more bears little meaning and is frowned upon.
- Otherwise, simply use common sense when posting new topics and responding to current ones. Remember that this is for the good of DotA as a whole, so be mindful of what you contribute to these forums.