Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #1
iLovecat

Thumbs down Dota 2 needs concede/surrender/forfeit & vote kick

I still don't understand why developers of dota 2 don't want to include them in the game.

Here is what I expect from dota 2 "A Fun Game". However thing is not always fun. Here are reasons why!

1. Someone is intentionally feeding in your team.
Someone is intentionally feeding in your team. I really mean it. I had a game with someone playing Puck. Everyone knows how important playing mid is and he played mid. Eventually, he gave up on mid because nobody talked to him in game and someone was using mic, talked in another language. He was mad because it NOT English. Eventually in the whole 30 minutes. He was taking a walk in Dire's forest and kept DRAWING on the minimap. When the enemies destroyed mid's t2 tower. He kept going out to feed. His score at the end of the game was 0/12/2 with level 7 when everyone of us were level 10+

2. Report is useless
When I asked people to report, the comments I received from the other team are: "no you are bad", "don't blame on people" , "lol noobs". My team just quietly accepted the game already ended and it's a new game. There should be a choice to vote kick someone. Not until you are so pissed off and decided to report.

3. When the opponent doesn't want to end the game.
Massacre! They don't want to end the game. They just stood outside of your base and kill whoever spawn out first. Butcher hook is one of thousand examples. I doubt any developers have to go through of 15 minutes when you just sit down and look at your team are being destroyed slowly. You can't even quit the game because you will have an abandon and put in low queue priority.
https://dotabuff.com/matches/101189201

4. I got to go
For all the reason, one player has to leave. He has to work. Something urgent comes up. Anything! However, he's stuck. If he leaves, he will have abandon. Why can't we vote so he can leave the game without any penalties? Do he deserve the abandon?

Old 01-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
javierg3

Default Re: Dota 2 needs concede/surrender/forfeit & vote

NO CONCEDE OPTION, If you want it go to HoN, completely ruin that game, there is a reason dota2 has 180k on at once and peeks at 200k+ while HoN goes min 20k max 60k

I tried playing HoN for a buddy of mine and I kid you not EVERY game I played within the first 5-10 mins concede came up, and if it was my team, the team gave up waiting for it to pass or the other team gave up waiting for it to pass.

Ruins the whole seriousness of the game that MOST not all players play for, if its to serious go to LoL or HoN and have "fun".

Old 01-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
Mr.3K

votekick sure, concede i dunno about

Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
Nekros4442

eh, this has been discussed to no end. Posting here wont change anyone's opinion and will get no exposure to the people at Valve

Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
Sayer101

I think this needs to be implemented. Saying no to something just because it wasn't in wc3 dota is ridiculous. We should embrace these "modern" conveniences instead of trashing them for being new. Isn't that the point of dota 2? Fanboys need to chill.

If you don't want to concede then vote no every time. Let the people who value their time not waste it.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #6
walaoRIKI

vote kick destroy the balance of the game

Old 01-17-2013, 02:28 AM   #7
Silxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by walaoRIKI View Post
That's what I was going to question since players can just abuse the vote kick system and kick players from pubs and get free wins due to unbalanced teams.

Would that be be a big problem if a vote kick was added in?

One of the few nice guys of Dota 2
Art in Sig Created by: Alamino from deviantART

Old 01-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #8
marceloip

About forfeit I agree.
Some people don't like it, but it should be up for the team to decide.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #9
Thamoo

Concede option es best option.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 AM   #10
nothingbutcold.
Banned

Concede option at stores now, only for 299$.

Everyone would win with that, I say it again.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #11
StraY_WolF

iLoveCat is so bad he needs concede option to cover his ass.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #12
ShowThemHell
Banned

But I love cat too

Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #13
VPPTrue

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLovecat View Post
I still don't understand why developers of dota 2 don't want to include them in the game.

Here is what I expect from dota 2 "A Fun Game". However thing is not always fun. Here are reasons why!

1. Someone is intentionally feeding in your team.
Someone is intentionally feeding in your team. I really mean it. I had a game with someone playing Puck. Everyone knows how important playing mid is and he played mid. Eventually, he gave up on mid because nobody talked to him in game and someone was using mic, talked in another language. He was mad because it NOT English. Eventually in the whole 30 minutes. He was taking a walk in Dire's forest and kept DRAWING on the minimap. When the enemies destroyed mid's t2 tower. He kept going out to feed. His score at the end of the game was 0/12/2 with level 7 when everyone of us were level 10+
And I assume you were queuing in US servers, weren't you?Would you be mad if I queued in your country and spoke English? Yes,yes you would. This is a team game, he might have been teaching you that lesson in his own, maybe douchebage/ironic way.
2. Report is useless
When I asked people to report, the comments I received from the other team are: "no you are bad", "don't blame on people" , "lol noobs". My team just quietly accepted the game already ended and it's a new game. There should be a choice to vote kick someone. Not until you are so pissed off and decided to report.
Why do you want this? It sounds like you would be the victim of this more than you think.
3. When the opponent doesn't want to end the game.
Massacre! They don't want to end the game. They just stood outside of your base and kill whoever spawn out first. Butcher hook is one of thousand examples. I doubt any developers have to go through of 15 minutes when you just sit down and look at your team are being destroyed slowly. You can't even quit the game because you will have an abandon and put in low queue priority.
https://dotabuff.com/matches/101189201

Go back to LoL and enjoy concede there. When it rains it pours in dota. Take that as your drive to never lose again.

4. I got to go
For all the reason, one player has to leave. He has to work. Something urgent comes up. Anything! However, he's stuck. If he leaves, he will have abandon. Why can't we vote so he can leave the game without any penalties? Do he deserve the abandon?
Everyone knows what they are getting into when they queue up for a game of dota. Don't have the time? Don't fucking start a queue just to ruin someone else's game.

Answered and reported.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #14
sekasi

Quote:
If you don't want to concede then vote no every time. Let the people who value their time not waste it.
this, a million times this. All the PD people that say stuff like

"No. Just no." because they are living in the past with wc3 dota can just freaking vote no to the concede vote and guess what, it won't concede.

For people that don't enjoy wasting 10+ minutes because your opponents are lolling around outside fountain, let us concede.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #15
kat-as-trophy

I agree with iLovekat. No bias here but I think new guys will be discouraged by the lack of concede option. They will not be happy playing a losing game for an extended period of time. Valve should really look into this to help with new guys like us.

HAVING PROBLEM ASKING A NEWBIE QUESTION?
DO YOU FEEL THREATHENED BY THE OLD MEMBER OF THE FORUM?
DO YOU FEEL LIKE OUT OF PLACE?

COME AND JOIN THE NEW MEMBER CLUB. THE CLUB IS FOR NEW MEMBER DEDICATED TO LEARN THE GAME AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORUM. YOU WON'T FEEL OUT OF PLACE ANYMORE. WE TOOK CARE OF OUR OWN.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #16
VPPTrue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekasi View Post
this, a million times this. All the PD people that say stuff like

"No. Just no." because they are living in the past with wc3 dota can just freaking vote no to the concede vote and guess what, it won't concede.

For people that don't enjoy wasting 10+ minutes because your opponents are lolling around outside fountain, let us concede.
You, and people like you, are just willing to give up on everything they try at.

Call us stuck in the past if you want.

We'll just keep saying we grew up in the time where we tried to figure out what's best.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #17
StraY_WolF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowThemHell View Post
But I love cat too
Not you, cat lover is cool. Except for OP though.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #18
tenkar

Please dont add more cancer to the pot, Dota doesnt need any of that. Adding that will just make the game even more cancerous.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #19
Kamilny

I wish people would realise concede is already implemented.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 AM   #20
silver-panda

Been discussed before...no. Just no.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #21
ram231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silxer View Post
That's what I was going to question since players can just abuse the vote kick system and kick players from pubs and get free wins due to unbalanced teams.

Would that be be a big problem if a vote kick was added in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by walaoRIKI View Post
Votekick when the game didn't start... that's what he mean't
or they're in lobby room/host room/

Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 AM   #22
Silxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram231 View Post
Votekick when the game didn't start... that's what he mean't
or they're in lobby room/host room/
Oh, I see.. nvm what I said earlier then. lol

One of the few nice guys of Dota 2
Art in Sig Created by: Alamino from deviantART

Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #23
omglolwut212

add cocede system to dota2 but you can only use concede when the game reaches 1hour

Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #24
Thamoo

Why implement a system that have proven to be successful in every game of the genre including dota 1 and that would save everyone countless hours when we can instead cater to the small minority of people that have lives so empty that they value a few comebacks a month more than all the time a concede option would save?

Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 AM   #25
Churrass

another noob crying because he got stomped every game

Old 01-17-2013, 03:51 AM   #26
Quibleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayer101 View Post
I think this needs to be implemented. Saying no to something just because it wasn't in wc3 dota is ridiculous. We should embrace these "modern" conveniences instead of trashing them for being new. Isn't that the point of dota 2? Fanboys need to chill.

There is a big problem here, which happened a lot in RGC[where there is a concede option, but I suppose you all know]: when you dont want to concede, people from both teams would just start flaming you. Just as simple. And with the Dota2 report system, it might actually happen that they all report you and you go right into the low prio. The game is fine the way it is, when related to this matter.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #27
peboyplaydota

i play dota2, but not key, someone can give me 1 key, thanks you so much!.
Send my inbox or Gmail: boyphieubac2010@gmail.com
Thanks all.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:22 AM   #28
-Misfit-

Please no to concede. Had so many games were my team would just give up after some stupid event (probably HoN players who love to concede after 5 minutes), but eventually we make a comeback because I insist that we must fight.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #29
Somebody.

If you wanted intelligent discussion and actually wanted to be this to be considered you would have posted on the Dev site. Here you're just gonna get flamed because nobody whose played dota and has actually had a year or two with it suggests this crap. Concede option flat out instills a quitter mentality in the player and will cut down the game time to even less than what it is now. I MISS the days of hour long games and the sheer fear of engaging in a team fight at that point because of how deciding a clash is.

By simply not having a concede option and punishing players for leaving you instill an underdog attitude.

Share match history! Help make Dotabuff data accurate still!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #30
Avenar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quibleon View Post
There is a big problem here, which happened a lot in RGC[where there is a concede option, but I suppose you all know]: when you dont want to concede, people from both teams would just start flaming you. Just as simple. And with the Dota2 report system, it might actually happen that they all report you and you go right into the low prio.
This.

And votekick is very risky when stacks are so common. So I do not support any of these ideas.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #31
CrazedPorcupine

Look, Dota doesn't need a concede function, Too many times I've had my game ruined in games like HoN or LoL because a team gives up, In Dota, one good teamfight can turn a game around. A terrible early game doesn't necessarily mean a terrible mid/late game if your team can pull it together.

I had a game in Dota 2 about a week ago where the enemy clockwork got super fed, eventually, he got so cocky about how good he was that he started diving 1v3-5 and just kept dying, when he finally started working with his team and started doing teamfights, the teamfights were usually 3v5 fights in our favor because one of them would be stupid and wander out a bit too far and get caught, I seriously didn't expect to win that game because of how fed the enemy team got early game, but they couldn't ever pull themselves together during teamfights so we ended up just stomping em in teamfights and winning, I'm pretty sure that had they actually grouped up and done well in teamfights, they would've won. I'm not saying concede is a bad thing, but it should only become active after about 60-75 minutes, which if a game is going that long, one teamfight will seriously decide it all.

TL; DR If you add a concede option, don't make it available till super late such as 60-75 minutes

Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 AM   #32
LysanderXonora

No. Valve cannot allow spoilers even the slightest hope of getting a fast end.

Even if there is the 'oh you can say no' argument, idiots will just abuse pause, feed or just afk till it ends. Pointless. Vote kick is an instant loss anyway so I don't see a point, and it can be abused.

IMO penalty for repeated leaving should be increased.

Visit my blog here.

Closed Thread
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat