Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Nevdi

Default Australian Dota 2 Tournament - New Thread

As some of you are aware I recently tried to piece together this broken tournament, and so far the responses have been good, which I thank everyone for. This is the fixed bracket of round 2, showing all the winners of round 1.

And after tonight we've managed to get some inactive teams out and got some matches going, while still leaving room for further advanced inactive teams to respond. With all the confusion round 2 will be extended until Tuesday night, after which any team who hasn't played or at least scheduled a time to play will be removed. As it stands, this has been the results of Monday nights round 2:

The Classic and mcT are in contact, and will be playing tomorrow night. However as for the bottom hand of the bracket it seems the teams have either withdrawn or are inactive. Refer below to get in contact with your opposing teams captain to schedule a match. Furthermore, if your team is not on the list and you feel you should still be participating, let me know. There have been a lot of forfeits so even if you lost your game there's still a chance your opponents have left and an opportunity for you to advance.

Thanks for everyone's support, future updates and match reports to come.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
Siraraz
Banned

Default Re: Australian Dota 2 Tournament - New Thread

CAPTAINS' LIST

Team NameRepresentative Steam ID
Ad Infinitum INF.Konada
aG Phil86Blah
Butt Buddies Free_Bird
Crit My Pants hbaws
Dtango Unchained le tour
Elusive Gaming EluSiV eXo
Joey joeyn1993
makeshift [MKT] Melvin_Butters
mcT Phizzie
MNJ Mew2King4Life
Panda Shorty
TC Brothers lightness
Team Ascendants leonandleon25
Team Game On GO - @FauXDOTA*
Team Something [tS] adronicus
Tesla: Azure Tesla.situ
The Classic Tenzuuu_^
ToA Tobzino
we forgot rosh wFR. sylvos
Yellow Solo Mid Nevdi.

*GO | @FauXDOTA is Team Game On's captain's steam ID. Including the | wouldn't show in the table because BBCode is overpowered.

RESULTS

Round

Round 1 Match Results - LHS
Round #
Team 1
..versus..
Team 2
Results
1 Volt Genesis aG 0-1, Volt Genesis did not play match 2, therefore is disqualified and aG move forward.
2 Yellow Solo Mid Tesla: Elektrix 2-0, Yellow SoloMid move forward.
3 MGHG The Reckoning Neither side participated.
4 Team Extreme BoysBoys BoysBoys did not show up. Team Extreme moves forward..
5 McG Fire525 Squad McG no response, Fire525 Squad auto-wins, RIGHT!? =D

Round 1 Match Results - RHS
Round #
Team 1
..versus..
Team 2
Results
6 Tesla: Azure GRoots 2-0, Tesla: Azure move forward.
7 Moist Force 5 Joey 0-2, Joey move forward.
8 Coure Team Game On 0-2, Team Game On move forward.
9 Sexy Mountain Raccoons 4 Bracer Huskar 0-2, 4 Bracer Huskar moves on.
10 Panda 2g4u 2-0, Panda move forward.
Last edited by Siraraz; 02-16-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #3
Fire525

Literary Award 

Placeholder.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
situ

Telsa: Azure, steam id is: situlight (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049969360/)

Also thanks for all the rescuing efforts! Much appreciated
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Phil86Blah

By the way I just thought I'd let everyone know that my team played against team Nah V and we lost. However they did tell me and my team that they no longer want to participate in the tournament.

Free_Bird can we reschedule our game tomorrow for 7:00 PM?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
Spartangold

Captain of Ad Inifinitum here. I don't see makeshift's captain steam ID here, any idea who this guy is?
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
Siraraz
Banned

I thought I may have missed a team. His Steam ID is http://steamcommunity.com/id/melvin_butters. Although it seems he's been inactive here, last visit being 01-15-2013 11:05 AM.

Out of 16 matches in Round 2, only 3 have been played with 3 pending, making it a possible 5/16 matches. Wut.
Last edited by Siraraz; 01-21-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
Nevdi

Round 2 will conclude tonight, although most of it will just be active teams pushing through. Round 3 will commence Wednesday night, and all teams should be completed by then. Try to be completed by Wednesday, although if you really can't manage it I'm happy to extend some teams another day.

Spartan, if the captain of makeshift doesn't show up by tonight, you'll push forward to face MNJ in round 3.

Phil, I heard about your matches with Nah V, saying they are retiring before your games began. You've moved forward to face the active butt buddies, and have until Wednesday night to complete your game.

The Classic and mCt will have until tonight to finish their round 2 game. Both teams are active so I see no concerns there, with the winning team facing Tesla:Azure in round 3 on Wednesday night.

Check the bracket and the captains steam list to see who you are playing and get your round 3 games organized. If you're having trouble contacting anyone, let me know (Nevdi.) as I have all captains added and will do my best to get the games organized for you. It might also help to join channel Auzzy T to make contact and post your match results. Any further inquiries or concerns let me know through steam, here, or Auzzy T.

Thanks everyone for your continued support.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Shorty.

This is actually a lot better. Thank you for doing this, i love the comment of my teams victory over the ghost team Ext+4 Haha seriously who were they..
Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #10
Roxxarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil86Blah View Post
By the way I just thought I'd let everyone know that my team played against team Nah V and we lost. However they did tell me and my team that they no longer want to participate in the tournament.

Free_Bird can we reschedule our game tomorrow for 7:00 PM?
Hey, This is Free_Bird and sure 7:00 PM is fine.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #11
VG.Hooks

Hey guys, my computr crahed but i will ge it back tomorrow,at e.cafe atm.have rize and cqsters. And had list ready. I thank nevdi for his help and i have beter fixture ich iwill release tomorrow
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
hbaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG.Hooks View Post
Hey guys, my computr crahed but i will ge it back tomorrow,at e.cafe atm.have rize and cqsters. And had list ready. I thank nevdi for his help and i have beter fixture ich iwill release tomorrow
Welcome back.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
VG.Hooks

Just rea other post, dd not bail because i lost, since i did such a bad job with this tornament, why dont yo shae with us your prizs, or tel us who youve got to cast fo you

P.s sorry fr bad spellng this compuer is ancient
Old 01-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #14
Nevdi

So all 5 vG members computers crashed?

Current bracket of all remaining teams. Classic and mCt will be playing tonight, rest of the teams are prepared to play round 3 tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 AM   #15
VG.Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevdi View Post
So all 5 vG members computers crashed?

Current bracket of all remaining teams. Classic and mCt will be playing tonight, rest of the teams are prepared to play round 3 tonight or tomorrow.
No just mine, and unless you lke4 man dota they had resign
Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #16
Nevdi

Alrighty, didn't mean to steal your show or make assumptions, but everyone would have left after such long delays. We've found all active teams and updated the bracket to the current point, so feel free to re-take control.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #17
VG.Hooks

Question Re: Australian Dota 2 Tournament - New Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevdi View Post
Alrighty, didn't mean to steal your show or make assumptions, but everyone would have left after such long delays. We've found all active teams and updated the bracket to the current point, so feel free to re-take control.
no man i like this thread, keep us the good work, i just need all teams to hold off the games untill i can check with the casters and gget their avalible times for the semi finals.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
Fire525

Literary Award 

It seems like it'd make more sense to go ahead with this round at least, as the Semi Finals won't be for another 3 or so days if we stick to the 1-round-a-day thing we've got going at the moment.

While it's unfortunate that your computer crashed, getting another member of your team to post and explain what had happened would have been a wise decision, as it appeared as if you'd simply vanished. Still, welcome back.

PS:
Quote:
Just rea other post, dd not bail because i lost, since i did such a bad job with this tornament, why dont yo shae with us your prizs, or tel us who youve got to cast fo you
I say this next bit with the best of intentions. Up until Nevdi took over, it was difficult to understand what was going on. I'm sure you can agree that Siraraz's table is a much more efficient way of co-ordinating the tournament. In addition, prizes and casters are all well and good, but they mean nothing if the actual games aren't taking place easily.

In future, it might be better if you focus a little more on setting up a well presented thread and a little less on the other side of it.

Again, I don't say this with malice, I just feel that your initial thread wasn't that well organised (A sentiment that others agree with it seems).
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Roxxarrzz

Hi this is Butt Buddies we just beat Ag 2-0.
Attached Files
File Type: rar BBvsAG.rar (364.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
Siraraz
Banned

Interesting. No real thoughts on it. I'm just the BBCode whore!

Where is the result of Joey vs Team Something in Round 2? I can't find it. Yet apparently Joey moved forward to Round 3.
Last edited by Siraraz; 01-22-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #21
phizzie

Hi I'm from mCt and we beat The Classic 2-0
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #22
Siraraz
Banned

Updated results table!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
Cran593

Laughed at the finals result in the table
Old 01-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
Jappify

Speaking for Team Joey here. We messaged Nevdi and told him the result of our match versus Team Something.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #25
Siraraz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cran593 View Post
Laughed at the finals result in the table
You know it's the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappify View Post
Speaking for Team Joey here. We messaged Nevdi and told him the result of our match versus Team Something.
Alright then.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #26
Spartangold

Hello, my team's schedule is pretty erratic now so the only possible time i can schedule for round 3 is during the coming weekend. If that's not possible, I'd be okay for MNJ to advance on if that's the case.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #27
Meat_Knight

Team MNJ can probably play Saturday or Sunday this coming weekend, but it would have to be after 6pm and I cannot confirm my ability to be free before 10pm.

More importantly it's up to the teams who would be having their round 4 match delayed, if they are ok with that then we can try to have a weekend series
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #28
Nevdi

Tables looking very nice, people playing well and all seems to be running smoothly, thanks everyone!

Spartan - As for the round 3 delay, I don't know if we can wait until the weekend, as all round 3 matches should be done by tonight or Thursday night at the latest. I'll see what can be done and how delayed people want this tournament to be.

Once we enter round 4 all your match schedules should be put through to Hooks, i.e vG | Elmo (?) on steam as they will be casted from there. If anyone wants to view the matches as well, even if you're out of the tourney, stick around in Auzzy T chat and vG Hooks or myself will notify you of the best way to do so.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #29
Shorty.

Hey trying get at team we forgot rosh. Ive added you on steam so please get back to me about our match time!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #30
rikiryou

I'm not sure if Nevdi received my message or not. But to the captain of Elusive gaming, team ascendant is willing to play you guys from 9pm melb time onwards, tonight
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #31
Tenzuuu

We lost our match quite handidly (due to hacking, lag, subs, no practice, tired, first game of day, the prime minister, on purpose, my little sister was playing she doesnt speak english so good, racism, america, probably our 2nd match ever as a team, the jews, dark seer OP, my keyboard broke, we werent really trying anyway, ddos attacks, charity, god willed it, i didnt have my vegemite, another excuse *here*, Zib... fucking Zib).

But I wanted to say this thread looks amazing and you've done a really good job Nevdi.

VG should be disqualified and shunned for life haha. This tournament was an absolute joke until you took charge.

ALSO Amazing game when we played your team the other night Nevdi, was close and good fun!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #32
VG.Hooks

Lol i should be disqualified? Like to see you do a better job, and i dont know if your retarded but VG is a clan tag, not my id, also get some skill, no-one goes 4-11 as silencer.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #33
Nevdi

Thanks Tenzu I honestly thought you had us in game 2, we barely took some team fights to turn it around, was very very close.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #34
Tenzuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG.Hooks View Post
Lol i should be disqualified? Like to see you do a better job, and i dont know if your retarded but VG is a clan tag, not my id, also get some skill, no-one goes 4-11 as silencer.
edit* HAHAHAHA I love the fact you stalked me solo queueing a "least played" match as silencer and think it means anything.

I have done better jobs many times. Infact, I know cats that could do a better job than you.

Also, when I said VG I meant VG. Your whole shitty team should be disqualified because you fucked everyone around.

Reply again though please, because it just makes you look more fucking stupid.

@Nevdi was refering to that 90 minute epic in captains mode queue where you guys had Lone, Prophet, DP, Leshrac and Darkseer and it ended it a very near base trade.

(I was Naga)
Old 01-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #35
Siraraz
Banned

Calm down children.

I acknowledge team YajirobeFromDCx5 as the likely winner of this tournament.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #36
VG.Hooks

Lol ok bud, i love how you assume my clan is VG, but it isn't. I also love how i didn't even have to look far for a bad game, it was your first one, please show me some skill, because i don't see any coming from you.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #37
Siraraz
Banned

VG.Hooks and Tenzuuu. Both of you have no skill. Both of you suck. Both of you are 12. Both of you are also Russian. Both of you are also a Jew, and a Nazi. I'm the only good player in this forum with skill, as well as Cáno, IceFrog, Küken and BBQ (<3 your PeriodicLoop)... maybe Fire525, but I'm not sure.

If you want to ever have skill, remember that it's all about hard work, dedication.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #38
Jappify

Why such pointless anger? It serves no purpose but to further exacerbate this situation.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #39
sylvos23

wFR - 2 vs 1 - Panda
Old 01-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #40
rikiryou

Team Ascendant 2-0 Elusive gaming

Last edited by rikiryou; 01-23-2013 at 11:27 AM.
  Defense of the Ancients Competitive Chat