Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
BlindMaiden

Default New Heroes for 6.78?

Warcraft 3 DotA is still alive and well, even with the world picking up Dota 2 so quickly. But Icefrog, the mastermind behind Defense of the Ancients, is still working tirelessly to keep the original game new and fresh for people that haven’t yet made the switch. Siraraz, a poster on the PlayDota forums, has discovered evidence in the 6.77b version of the WC3 DotA map that reveals six new heroes to be added to the pool, complete with skillsets. This isn’t confirmed, just speculation; but as an avid Dota 2 player myself, I’m excited to see if Icefrog has really kept improving and adding to the game that started it all. With any luck, we’ll be seeing these heroes make their debut in the next version of DotA, 6.78. They probably won’t make their transition to the sequel until all the older heroes have been ported over, but it’s always nice to get new variation in a game that evolves and changes as often as this one. I hope they have better names when they’re released, though.

1. Mortar Team (Main Attribute: Strength)

Concussive Shot: The skill info lists it as a silence AND a slow; this sounds like it should be a good counter to heroes like Windrunner, whose low cooldowns and elusive playstyle are the bane of those laning against hre.

Bomb Bomb: The information on this skill is incomplete.

Flash Bomb: This skill causes an 80% miss rate, similar to Brewmaster’s Drunken Haze skill; should be fantastic against right-clickers like Sniper and Luna.

ULTIMATE – Siege Form: This skill allows you to switch between two forms: the default hero form and a “siege” form. When in siege form, the hero’s movespeed is reduced to 100 but increases its attack damage by 150 and its attack range by 1500 (at level 3). All attacks while in siege form hit in an AoE, as opposed to a single target. With a 4-second cooldown on the toggle, this should prove to be a great push/anti-push skill.

2. Wyvern Outrider (Main Attribute: Agility)

Sonic Boom: Similar to Barathrum’s Charge skill, Wyvern Outrider will charge toward a target point (as opposed to a target) and stun/damage the first enemy unit it comes in contact with. It also seems to be blocked by trees. This should make for a good initiation/ganking skill, but the trees limitation may prove to be an unnecessary hindrance.

Wind Blast: This skill will deal damage relative to Wyvern’s Agility, but in a small AOE. Sounds like a melee Obsidian Destroyer skill.

Wind Barrier: Wind Barrier seems to create some sort of cross between Omniknight’s Repel (anti-magic spell) and Dark Seer’s Surge (increased movespeed). Sounds like a great escape ability.

ULTIMATE – Prevailing Winds: Casts Cyclone on every unit in the area, save buildings. After the Cyclone ends, enemy units are slowed and friendly units gain movespeed. This sounds like an initiator/ganker skill to me, and I’m excited to see it in action.

3. Dragonhawk (Main Attribute: Intelligence)

Conjure Force: This deals damage and ensnares units in a 600 AoE radius for 4 seconds. It sounds to me like a cross betwen Puck’s Dream Coil and Waning Rift.

Arcane Seal: Arcane Seal silences a unit and amplifies any damage it takes. Sounds like Skywrath Mage’s skill Ancient Seal. Even the name is similar.

Thrust: Pushing yourself/allies away and healing them seems to be the point of this skill. Sounds like an awesome escape mechanism.

ULTIMATE – Divine Wrath: Divine Wrath is a channel spell; you begin channeling after targeting an ally, who then takes no damage for the duration of your channeling. At the end of the channel, you gain a sub-ability, listed below.

ULTIMATE SUBSKILL – Target Divine Wrath: The ultimate’s sub-ability will launch a projectile in a vector direction, and will deal damage proportional to the amount blocked during the channeling. Sounds like it could be easily abused, but that’s what different versions are for: balancing.

4. Edgewalker (Main Attribute: Intelligence)

Death Watch: Death Watch targets a friendly unit and places a 10 second buff on them. If they are killed during this duration, the unit that killed them is damaged and stunned.

Reality Shift: This looks to be a ward skill, and the ward causes nearby enemy units to become “ethereal”. Not sure how you would use this.

Fatal Attraction: When Edgewalker casts a skill, enemy units in an AoE around the hero are pulled a fixed distance towards him. This sounds terribly annoying, to be honest.

ULTIMATE – Haunting Echoes: At specific intervals, a “wisp” will passively spawn near Edgewalker – up to a maximum of 3 wisps at a time. When casting the skill, a wisp is destroyed and a silence debuff is applied to a small AoE, as well as damaging enemy units in the area.

5. Ghost Revenant (Main Attribute: Intelligence)

Wraith: DotA’s “ethereal” state is applied, which means the hero can neither attack nor be attacked. This time you also get bonus movespeed; at max level, the skill duration is equivalent to the cooldown, meaning you can theoretically be perma-ethereal. Fitting, for a “ghost”.

Blackjack: This skill shoots 3 projectiles that move at 800units/second, stunning and dealing damage to units caught in its line of travel.

Miasma: This sounds like a Dust of Appearance + damage: it dishes out damage in an AOE and reveals invisible units, while also applying set amount of damage over time.

ULTIMATE – Exhaustion: This is a global slow. It reduces enemy movespeed to 100. Should be interesting in global strats.

6. Priest (Main Attribute: Intelligence)

Holy Shackles: Similar to Dazzle’s shadow wave, this skill seems to damage enemy units in a chain. Maybe it heals friendly units in an AoE? As a big Dazzle player, it would be pretty awesome to see an opposite version of him.

Chill: This applies the Silence status effect and deals damage to a target enemy unit.

Focus: This increases an allied unit’s damage output by 100(!) for X number of attacks, but lowers their movement speed as a result.

ULTIMATE – Divine Intervention: Gives invulnerability to a target unit.

I mostly fill the support role, and this hero has that ability in spades. I’m PUMPED to see if this release pushes through.

Source

I know you saw Juggernaut using a flashlight backwards.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #2
Siraraz
Banned

Default Re: New Heroes for 6.78?

Uh. Hello there ...

They aren't guaranteed for 6.78. I found them in 6.73, so they've been lying around for a while. Although its still possible.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
cosem

Say what?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
silvercover
Forum Staff

im hoping for one of those to show up at least.
I want revenant so that I can counter those illu heroes more.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #5
Kunkkwerk

So many silences.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #6
Wrooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraraz View Post
Uh. Hello there ...

They aren't guaranteed for 6.78. I found them in 6.73, so they've been lying around for a while. Although its still possible.
any speculation about items?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
aestropher

dat Mortar is OP beyond comprehension.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #8
silvercover
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrooks View Post
check his sig.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #9
Del

I hope Mortar is added.

But yeah, these heroes are more like testing grounds, if any. Don't expect all 6 to be added, that would be impossible. The most heroes added in 1 map were 4 and only in 2 occasions so far. It'll be probably 2 only.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #10
Aximil

Why would IceFrog use the same models (Ghost Revenant = Razor and Dragonhawk = QoP) as already existing models (just with a very slight color alteration) for more heroes?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #11
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximil View Post
Why would IceFrog use the same models (Ghost Revenant = Razor and Dragonhawk = QoP) as already existing models (just with a very slight color alteration) for more heroes?
Because beta heroes.

And because there's more Revenant models I believe, so he could use one of the others.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
Siraraz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aximil View Post
It's like why Windrunner and Drow Ranger use the same base model, just different textures? Or why Rikimaru exists when the Satyr Trickster is a neutral creep.

I think Revenant of the Tides and Death Revenant models are different enough. As for the Maiden of Pain/Succubus models, not so.

Quote:
A few I found were interesting.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #13
jyzzy

Quote:
It's like why Windrunner and Drow Ranger use the same base model, just different textures?
What?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #14
Siraraz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyzzy View Post
What?
Close enough anyway, I guess a few different animations (Sylvanas has a 'stand victory' animation and her spell animation isn't the same). Also that Evil Sylvanas (more or less same as Dark Ranger) model has a few nodes extra for that undead smoke trail thingy effect.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BansheeRanger.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	79884   Click image for larger version

Name:	SylvanusWindrunner.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	79885  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #15
Del

Windrunner model = Sylvanas

Drow model = Undead Sylvanas

Same base model, with minor differences. But different enough so it can't really be compared to two Reventant models, for which differences aren't that noticeable. Thy're different but don't forget Razor also changes color depending on the player's color, just making the new hero green wouldn't fix anything.

Eh at this point I don't care, I stopped playing DotA 1 long ago and moved to DOTA 2. I hope they stop working on DotA soon enough so new heroes aren't bound to WarCraft III models and they can do their completely custom ones for D2. Or at least change them like Legion Commander now being a woman and Storm not being a panda, without too much whining from PD nostalgia kids.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #16
DrFrank~

What the hell OP? Siraraz himself (herself?) already made a thread about it... a month ago.

Slowpoke.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
Siraraz
Banned

But Pandas are necessary to make everything 5x cooler.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #18
Del

Panda is still a Panda. A red Panda

Blame Blizzard, if anything, not Valve. Ember Spirit won't be a Panda either.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #19
jyzzy

Quote:
Close enough anyway
Doesn't matter. Might as well say AM and TB or Spectre and Mortred are based on same model, lol.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #20
Siraraz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyzzy View Post
Doesn't matter. Might as well say AM and TB or Spectre and Mortred are based on same model, lol.
Actually, they are. But yeah, whatever.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 AM   #21
IHateLeavers

In b4 female str hero with flat chest and big ass.

This is the level of games where Drow is OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=cOmcaqEqyYo#!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #22
Spiny00

They are different in DOTA2 anyway.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:07 AM   #23
ehsanabdelbari

how to download that map
Old 03-27-2014, 01:09 AM   #24
Eli_Green

Steam: Road to 0k mmr

current skill level: confused crow
Old 03-27-2014, 02:27 AM   #25
darewin

Whatta necro!!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #26
Kaiverrettu

That siege mode looks really cool. Kind of like Sniper, but better

Help out our carries in pubs! Dynamically increase the amount of neutral camps on the map depending on the amount of carries in team.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #27
Equivocal

Steam: 67153468

Rip sun wukong
It was just not meant to be

Old 03-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #28
slence

This is old leaks that maybe IF will not use it anymore
Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #29
DrFrank_