Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
BlindMaiden
Member
 
BlindMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 444
BlindMaiden is offline

Default This is Final Fantasy



Yep, that's how the "creative" people work at Valve making the hero models.
__________________

I know you saw Juggernaut using a flashlight backwards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
Ostarion
Member
 
Ostarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pillar of skulls, Avernus
Posts: 1,960
Ostarion is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ok
__________________
"Fun is anti-fun"
-Morello

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:14 AM   #3
Siraraz
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DotA Chat
Posts: 5,872
Blog Entries: 3
Siraraz is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I approve of this Final Fantasy thread. I've never even played the game!

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
JukeboxDragon
Member
 
JukeboxDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,002
Blog Entries: 5
JukeboxDragon is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

posting in a ff thred
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:20 AM   #5
jyzzy
Member
 
jyzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,435
jyzzy is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindMaiden View Post
Yep, that's how the "creative" people work at Valve making the hero models.
It's Kimahri Ronso from FFX that wield lances and can copy himself. That's the idea the original PL was made in WC3 and Valve has nothing to do with it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #6
Xenterex
Member
 
Xenterex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West US
Posts: 603
Blog Entries: 4
Xenterex is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

oh noes, heaven forbid that valve have a similar character model in dota 2 to the dota 1 version. Its like the dota 1 hero is a total custom rip of some hero, which if people didn't already notice, is only 1 of the people listed in the picture linked above.

Cuz ya know, if people were unobservant idiots, or something, they might think you were implying that the entire cast of FFX were being imported/ripped/copied instead of a single hero. But hey, lancer is a recent addition to the game right? It's not like he's been around for say seven years or something?

Oh, and while we're at it: zomg
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #7
Shaella
Member
 
Shaella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 938
Shaella is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenterex View Post
oh noes, heaven forbid that valve have a similar character model in dota 2 to the dota 1 version. Its like the dota 1 hero is a total custom rip of some hero, which if people didn't already notice, is only 1 of the people listed in the picture linked above.

Cuz ya know, if people were unobservant idiots, or something, they might think you were implying that the entire cast of FFX were being imported/ripped/copied instead of a single hero. But hey, lancer is a recent addition to the game right? It's not like he's been around for say seven years or something?

Oh, and while we're at it: zomg
http://soyoungim.files.wordpress.com...ault_large.png
Shh. The internet tough guys might get nervous if they find out that something nerdy like anime was in DotA!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
Skariy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,477
Skariy is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanKakU View Post

how about this?
I see Veigar, Shaco, and one those Blood Elf ground mounts from BC
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #9
Skariy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,477
Skariy is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekros4442 View Post
I dont get it....You seem to think that just because you're playing Dota 2 you're on some higher-tier player that gets to look down on other people who enjoy final fantasy?
wat

I didn't say anything bad about people like the series; I said I don't care about it, nor do I see the relevance to it's comparison to Dota 2, which (as far as I know), only has one inspired character
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:29 AM   #10
Louie-
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Philippines
Posts: 1,195
Louie- is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

omg treant is bulbasaur
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #11
EddieTheHeadIM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 722
EddieTheHeadIM is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Well im sure multiple artist get their ideas from other artist their inspired by. Big deal if its final fantasy. ff10 was literally THE SHIT
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #12
WasuWasol222
Member
 
WasuWasol222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
WasuWasol222 is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Yeah, from time to time PD needs this kind of threads, we need a break about all those "Omg "X" hero is OP" "My team is awful" "My carry quited the game" "Valve work more pls" threads.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:39 AM   #13
Skariy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,477
Skariy is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasuWasol222 View Post
Yeah, from time to time PD needs this kind of threads, we need a break about all those "Omg "X" hero is OP" "My team is awful" "My carry quited the game" "Valve work more pls" threads.
Llololololollo

The absence of pointless threads does not imply a necessity for them
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #14
jyzzy
Member
 
jyzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,435
jyzzy is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie- View Post
omg treant is bulbasaur
Enigma is Slenderman stolen from Skrillex.
Storm is Raiden stolen from Mortal Kombat.
Jugger is Jigsaw from Saw.
SF is Enderman from Minecraft.
KotL is Gandalf from LotR.
Brood is Aragog from Harry Potter.
Riki is the Satyr from Dragon Quest 8.
Puck is Water Dragon from Chrono Cross.

Oh main, slow the freak down a lil' bit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #15
Merubin
Member
 
Merubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In the midst of mist.
Posts: 254
Merubin is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

PL is based on Kimahri and FFX is a great game.
__________________
No.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #16
enjoidank
Member
 
enjoidank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,223
enjoidank is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

certain heroes were made with that inspiration by the developer icefrog. this was back in dota 1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #17
moon31f
Member
 
moon31f's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brasil
Posts: 1,731
moon31f is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

You understand the friday night threads when you get home drunk and wasted
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #18
Killerhunt
Member
 
Killerhunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,717
Killerhunt is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skariy View Post
I don't give a shit about that nerdy weeaboo game

The only thing in that picture that looks like Dota 2 is that blue thing; it's very similar to Phantom Lancer.
actually....Phantom lancer's original dota 1 model was based on kimari (the blue dude with a lance) a final Fantasy X character


and there other things that make reference to the Final Fantasy series in Dota, for example, Juggernaut's ultimate,omnislash, is based on clouds ultimate limit break by the same name:



then there is Shiva's guard, you could argue the items just carries the name of the Hindu goddess, but, the only place she's portrayed as an ice wielding entity, is in the Final fantasy Series :

  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Killerhunt; 03-23-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
Akazawa
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 426
Akazawa is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skariy View Post
I don't give a shit about that nerdy weeaboo game

The only thing in that picture that looks like Dota 2 is that blue thing; it's very similar to Phantom Lancer. Pretty sure I read his model is based on some Final Nerd X-something game, so that was probably intended. They incorporate a lot of visual themes from other IPs, though, so I don't understand your point here, when there's only one matching character
Just because you're playing dota 2 doesn't mean you should look down to people who play final fantasy too. Many dota players play console rpg games as well.

And this is one of the best final fantasy games.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #20
Bodge
Member
 
Bodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 2,788
Bodge is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerhunt View Post
actually....Phantom lancer's original dota 1 model was based on kimari (the blue dude with a lance) a final Fantasy X character


and there other things that make reference to the Final Fantasy series in Dota, for example, Juggernaut's ultimate,omnislash, is based on clouds ultimate limit break by the same name:



then there is Shiva's guard, you could argue the items just carries the name of the Hindu goddess, but, the only place she's portrayed as an ice wielding entity, is in the Final fantasy Series :

Wow, how come I didn't notice this?!?!?


OT:

FFVI is the best because of Kefka's maniac laugh.
__________________

Thanks to Mr. Foxxie for this claim sig!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #21
Raisen223
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,352
Raisen223 is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Posting a thread discussing a mere coincidence in hero model in Dota and character model in Final Fantasy? Check. Posting it in the wrong section? Check. Thinking he is now cool and edgy because he pointed this out? Check. Congratulations OP, you are awarded troll of the year! Anybody who has played good games would be able to point this out pretty easily.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
Koutsiog~
Member
 
Koutsiog~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Your ignore list.
Posts: 5,633
Blog Entries: 1
Koutsiog~ is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 View Post
Posting a thread discussing a mere coincidence in hero model in Dota and character model in Final Fantasy? Check. Posting it in the wrong section? Check. Thinking he is now cool and edgy because he pointed this out? Check. Thinking anybody will care? Check. Congratulations OP, you are awarded troll of the year!
Mere coincidence?
It is common knowledge that phantom lancer is based on a final fantasy character, just like lina is based on a slayers character
Do your research next time you want to be witty
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #23
Raisen223
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,352
Raisen223 is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koutsiog~ View Post
Mere coincidence?
It is common knowledge that phantom lancer is based on a final fantasy character, just like lina is based on a slayers character
Do your research next time you want to be witty
If it is, then why isn't Valve allowed to use the model then?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
Koutsiog~
Member
 
Koutsiog~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Your ignore list.
Posts: 5,633
Blog Entries: 1
Koutsiog~ is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 View Post
If it is, then why isn't Valve allowed to use the model then?
Because valve made their own model
The original PL is the one whose model is based on the final fantasy one

(I assume that "isn't" is supposed to be a "is")
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
Raisen223
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,352
Raisen223 is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koutsiog~ View Post
Because valve made their own model
The original PL is the one whose model is based on the final fantasy one
I know that, but if you remember, the reason why Valve made their own model was due to the fact that they couldn't just replicate the exact same model. And yes, before you say there is no difference, there are differences.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #26
Koutsiog~
Member
 
Koutsiog~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Your ignore list.
Posts: 5,633
Blog Entries: 1
Koutsiog~ is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 View Post
I know that, but if you remember, the reason why Valve made their own model was due to the fact that they couldn't just replicate the exact same model. And yes, before you say there is no difference, there are differences.
The reason valve made their own models was because dota 2 is not a wc3 mod
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #27
Raisen223
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,352
Raisen223 is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koutsiog~ View Post
The reason valve made their own models was because dota 2 is not a wc3 mod
Meh, okay man, I'm sorry. You win. Let's get on with our lives now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #28
MeSoloTopPlz
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,665
MeSoloTopPlz is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Kimarhi was awesome, and yes wc3 PL was based on him, if you remember his hero icon on the top left side it WAS kimarhi's face.

Offtopic FFX was the best.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #29
LittleEmp
Member
 
LittleEmp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 816
LittleEmp is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I think you're right, OP.





------





Icefraud prepare to get sued by Squeenix. /facepalm
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #30
DemonDays
Member
 
DemonDays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,514
DemonDays is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

final fantasy influenced gaming in general, ff 7 to be precise, so yes everything is a copy from jrpgs
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foede View Post
Rape is fun :3
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #31
Skariy
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,477
Skariy is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisen223 View Post
Posting a thread discussing a mere coincidence in hero model in Dota and character model in Final Fantasy? Check. Posting it in the wrong section? Check. Thinking he is now cool and edgy because he pointed this out? Check. Congratulations OP, you are awarded troll of the year! Anybody who has played good games would be able to point this out pretty easily.
It's not a coincidence, Phantom Lancer is confirmed to have been inspired by the Final Fantasy character
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:26 AM   #32
PlayRough
Member
 
PlayRough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rokkenjima
Posts: 1,065
PlayRough is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

VI Terra pls.
__________________
"When I speak THE truth, I will use red."
"When I speak the truth, I will use blue."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #33
iSnooz
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,204
iSnooz is offline
Default Re: This is Final Fantasy
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

More Final Fantasy plox
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat


Forum Jump

Thread Tools