Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
Apokita
Competitive Staff
 
Apokita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Steam: Apokita
Posts: 1,846
Apokita is offline

Default Battlefury medusa


Well, I recently start doing this "build", rushing a battlefury and getting splitshot before mana-shield. At the start it was weird because everyone was flaming me because cleave doesn't works on ranged obviously, but I played some games and I feel an extremely huge diference between my normal GPM and the battlefury GPM, and a great diference between linken-manta rush and battlefury rush in terms of damage, but then another option comes to my mind, orchid. It doesn't gives you any hp-regen but gives you "survivality" (25int) who can be a dead mana if your HP pool is not high anyways. But then, someone ways "why you don't get perse+demon edge" who can be MKB+Linkens in a future... BUT, then I start thinkin.. Battlefury+Skadi costs the same as Linken+MKB, giving the same damage/AS, better build up and more survivality... (doesn't counting the linken's active ofc, negated for the extremely superior active of skadi) and it has a better build-up. So... I want to hear your opinions.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Girlfriend and Dota are like orb effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Sentrinate
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 268
Sentrinate is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

People think the entire point of Battlefury is the cleave forgetting it gives a whopping 65 damage and very good regeneration as well. Bfury Dusa isn't unheard of but pubbies will generally frown upon it. But who gives a damn what the pubbies are thinking, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
zeraeign
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 343
zeraeign is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Wow. Okay. I'm convinced. I'm gonna try this then. Hahahahaha! I wonder how they'll react. I've heard about this before with Mirana btw. I never thought that would be true.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
TheVirQ
Member
 
TheVirQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 729
TheVirQ is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Just mute your teammates, and build whatever you want.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Sentrinate
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 268
Sentrinate is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

On Mirana it is less effective than on Dusa cause she doesn't have split shot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
LKH9
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Malaysia 马来西亚
Posts: 457
LKH9 is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Just save that Claymore for Lothar. Battlefury is waste of slot on Medusa.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
YoTengoUnLCD
Member
 
YoTengoUnLCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lujan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,861
YoTengoUnLCD is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I think somebody is like 4 years late.

What is next, Battlefury WR thread?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyKha View Post
Or clone me, raise the clone as your child for a few decades, and then have the clone be your meepo player at least until he undergoes an existential crisis and engages in brave and brazen yet petty heroics in an attempt to differentiate himself from the real clan_iraq and make a legacy of his own so he doesn't live in my shadow, at which point you as his father are forced to make the tragic decision to put him down with his cerebral remote explosive implant so that the bloodshed comes to an end, and emotionally shattered by your choice you turn to drink and become a broken man living out of bars and with a syringe always in your veins until a pretty redhead comes into your life and
where was i
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Apokita
Competitive Staff
 
Apokita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Steam: Apokita
Posts: 1,846
Apokita is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Also, with skadi+battlefury you can rush the butter extremely fast.

So, the build can be Battlefury+Skadi+Butter+PT.

17450 gold.

+75AS(+8)
+150damage
+725HP(+152)
+25int(I don't know how much mana lol)+250mana(+8int)
+35% evasion

Cold attack.
We all know, getting the same build every game is stupid, I think this is the base for a new-era medusa. Ultimate orb+Battlefury is good damage and survivality for the first 30mins of the game. I hope ice adds an effec to to ranged battlefury, a 40% demolish can be really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTengoUnLCD View Post
I think somebody is like 4 years late.

What is next, Battlefury WR thread?
Why?. WR has no way to farm faster than medusa and she doesn't needs the farm medusa needs. Battlefury is a farming tool it isn't? Medusa has the power to exploit that. And why 4-years late? If I can remember 4-years ago medusa was not even near to get a battlefury because it was giving less damage and costing the same, also, linken's was great on that era, not now.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Girlfriend and Dota are like orb effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
XoneX
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 389
XoneX is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Battlefury Medusa is such an oldschool build that people think its new nowadays....I am getting old
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
Apokita
Competitive Staff
 
Apokita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Steam: Apokita
Posts: 1,846
Apokita is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I never thought of that xD, seems like old-things can be back, like a farming meta :3 :P
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Girlfriend and Dota are like orb effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #11
mxt
Member
 
mxt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 656
mxt is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

BF is cool, but you're still paper. Pointbooster asap.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
Apokita
Competitive Staff
 
Apokita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Steam: Apokita
Posts: 1,846
Apokita is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxt View Post
BF is cool, but you're still paper. Pointbooster asap.
In fact, Battlefury is not for single-target a.k.a. AFK Farming, its for abusing TP-Scroll cooldown farming, with splitshot+snake build you can clear creeps really fast and walk into another lane, and keep farming, it akes you hard to gank because the enemy will have poor vision of you and you'll be constantly moving. Anyways, if they're not really retarded they can anticipate you, So I think an early point booster is great. but most of the time I try to end the BF+Threads before.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Girlfriend and Dota are like orb effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Tenochtetlan
Member
 
Tenochtetlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 174
Tenochtetlan is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Point is, people start skilling splitshot when they want to flashfarm and dont realise they need another whooping 4 levels to do so.

PT+Maelstrom and leaving out snake is the key to a farming Medusa,
Snake is a mid-game ks tool (and strong enough for mid-game teamfighting tool, just that you are weak as shit.)
BF is quite ok if you prefer regen (which is a pretty good idea for pubs)

tl;dr:
usual (insane) build -> want dmg, be oom
Phase+mael w,e,w,e,w,r
EDIT: http://dotabuff.com/heroes/medusa
Split shot from lvl 13...


usual (sane) build -> build for snake & survival
phase+skadi e,w,w,e,w,r

suggested build -> survive and farm as fast as possible
pt+mael+tps!! e,s,e,q,q,(r,q,s) or max q earlier if possible, leave w
__________________
ceterum censeo monsanto esse delendam
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Tenochtetlan; 04-21-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
xyLoneZ
Member
 
xyLoneZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,049
xyLoneZ is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenochtetlan View Post
PT+Maelstrom and leaving out snake is the key to a farming Medusa,
Snake is a mid-game ks tool (and strong enough for mid-game teamfighting tool, just that you are weak as shit.)
That's stupid and retarded in many ways.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenar View Post
Witch Doctor is one of the best tanks. He is squishy enough to be a free kill so people do aim him. He has really scary spells to force enemy to focus you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_me View Post
leave Maelstrom for heroes like Zeus because he is lightning type.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
ZeLover
Member
 
ZeLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,899
ZeLover is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The amount of stupidity in this thread is unbearable. I'm out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
Apokita
Competitive Staff
 
Apokita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Steam: Apokita
Posts: 1,846
Apokita is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeLover View Post
The amount of stupidity in this thread is unbearable. I'm out.
I respect you ZeLover,as another Kana Kurashina lover, please, don't be like this and post opinions on my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenochtetlan View Post
Point is, people start skilling splitshot when they want to flashfarm and dont realise they need another whooping 4 levels to do so.

PT+Maelstrom and leaving out snake is the key to a farming Medusa,
Snake is a mid-game ks tool (and strong enough for mid-game teamfighting tool, just that you are weak as shit.)
BF is quite ok if you prefer regen (which is a pretty good idea for pubs)

tl;dr: usual (insane) build -> want dmg, be oom
Phase+mael w,e,w,e,w,r

usual (sane) build -> build for snake & survival
phase+skadi e,w,w,e,w,r

suggested build -> survive and farm as fast as possible
pt+mael+tps!! e,s,e,q,q,(r,q,s) or max q earlier if possible, leave w
I'm with you in the skillbuilds, skilling splitshot is great because it let you flashfarm the creepwaves, but PT+Mael to survive?¿ Also, Medusa is someone who heavly relies on Lifestealing so another orb is rejected. Mael is great for farming, but not without any regen, and tranquils medusa is not viable because how good PT are on her and because she also needs mana regen
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Girlfriend and Dota are like orb effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #17
Tenochtetlan
Member
 
Tenochtetlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 174
Tenochtetlan is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyLoneZ View Post
That's stupid and retarded in many ways.
just explain
__________________
ceterum censeo monsanto esse delendam
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #18
xyLoneZ
Member
 
xyLoneZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,049
xyLoneZ is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenochtetlan View Post
just explain
Another point in snake is more useful early-mid game rather than another point in split shot. It also gives you an actual presence in the lane.

Taking Split shot early also won't work as long as there's at least one enemy in the lane. It's like stupidly saying please deny dem creeps.

@Apokita
maels and lifesteal stacks with each other, but that's not the reason why maels sucks balls. It's the same reason why MoM is also a retarded item on Medusa.

I will be frank this time, BF is kind of a questionable item(or even retarded, if you will). It gives you sustainability, but no survivability.

EDIT: NVM WHAT I POST! I understand that you are retarded from your other post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokita View Post
Well, yes, but you know you have 5 targets with 25% of procing EACH? do you know the amount of procing 5 targets+the shield will be? the ultimate lightning rain, even if they proc for 50 damage, the damage will be so high with the bounces combined...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenar View Post
Witch Doctor is one of the best tanks. He is squishy enough to be a free kill so people do aim him. He has really scary spells to force enemy to focus you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_me View Post
leave Maelstrom for heroes like Zeus because he is lightning type.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
Apokita
Competitive Staff
 
Apokita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Steam: Apokita
Posts: 1,846
Apokita is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyLoneZ View Post
Another point in snake is more useful early-mid game rather than another point in split shot. It also gives you an actual presence in the lane.

Taking Split shot early also won't work as long as there's at least one enemy in the lane. It's like stupidly saying please deny dem creeps.

@Apokita
maels and lifesteal stacks with each other, but that's not the reason why maels sucks balls. It's the same reason why MoM is also a retarded item on Medusa.

I will be frank this time, BF is kind of a questionable item(or even retarded, if you will). It gives you sustainability, but no survivability.
Yes, they do, on dota2, but mael cuts lifestealing efficience by 25%. Imagine the scenario, you with 20%HP, you put on the satanic and the maelstorm procs two times. that's a lot of lifesteal, it is good wf you're someone who can be good without tons of lifestealing like Void or Lone druid, but medusa needs the lifestealing, really needs. Also, you don't want an AS item on someone who build butterfly, threads an skadi as the 1st items, because it'll give enough AS.

Also, I didn't pick battlefury for the survivality, I pick it because it lets you farm the jungle, spam snake, laugh at the enemy harrasing, and giving you a nice amount of damage, Linken can give you sustainability also, but the damage is NOTHING, and you can't be farming with 70 base damage at 25mins., and skadi is more powerful in terms of survivality than any other item.
She loves the regen, she really does.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Girlfriend and Dota are like orb effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
xyLoneZ
Member
 
xyLoneZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,049
xyLoneZ is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokita View Post
Yes, they do, on dota2, but mael cuts lifestealing efficience by 25%. Imagine the scenario, you with 20%HP, you put on the satanic and the maelstorm procs two times. that's a lot of lifesteal, it is good wf you're someone who can be good without tons of lifestealing like Void or Lone druid, but medusa needs the lifestealing, really needs. Also, you don't want an AS item on someone who build butterfly, threads an skadi as the 1st items, because it'll give enough AS.
It's not that much of a problem, really. I wouldn't say that it's the greatest item on medusa, but maels is a decent alternative item even if you have lifesteal.

There's a reason why it's called alternative. Btw, my point still stands.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenar View Post
Witch Doctor is one of the best tanks. He is squishy enough to be a free kill so people do aim him. He has really scary spells to force enemy to focus you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_me View Post
leave Maelstrom for heroes like Zeus because he is lightning type.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #21
bluedagger
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 591
bluedagger is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentrinate View Post
People think the entire point of Battlefury is the cleave forgetting it gives a whopping 65 damage and very good regeneration as well. Bfury Dusa isn't unheard of but pubbies will generally frown upon it. But who gives a damn what the pubbies are thinking, right?
haha yeah fuck pubbies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
Yosharian
Member
 
Yosharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,796
Yosharian is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Battlefury 4350g
+6hp/s
+150% manaregen
+65 damage

-=-=-=-==-OR=-=--=--=-==-

Perseverence 1750g
+5hp/s
+125% manaregen
+10 damage

4350g - 1750g = 2600g

-=-=-=-=-=-=PLUS-=-=-=-=-=-=

Shadowblade 3000g
+30 damage
+30 attack speed

- 25 less damage than battlefury
- 400g more than battlefury
- 30 more attack speed than battlefury
- gives windwalk ability

-=-

Yasha 2050g
+16 damage
+31 attack speed
+10% movespeed

- 550g less than battlefury
- gives movespeed bonus
- 40 less damage than battlefury
- can be built into Manta, a core item on Dusa

-=-

Crystalys 2150g
+30 damage
+crit ability

- 450g less than bfury
- 25 less damage than battlefury
- gives crit ability
- can be built into daedalus

-=-

Maelstrom 2700g
+24 damage
+120 damage lightning proc (average damage per hit: 30)
+25 attack speed

- 100g more than battlefury
- 31 damage less than battlefury, 1 damage less if you consider lightning procs
- gives attack speed
- can be built into mjollnir, a nice damage/teamfight item for dusa

-=-

Helm of the Dominator 1850g
+20 damage
+5 armor

- 35 damage less than battlefury
- 750g less than battlefury
- gives armor, a nice stat for dusa
- can be built into satanic, a nice lategame item for dusa
- helps dusa jungle

etc

Conclusion: bfury on medusa is fucking retarded.

Pers + Mael offers the same damage & regen, better creeping (lightning hits creeps) and gives attack speed, all for virtually the same price.

Pers + Shadowblade offers similar damage and gives some attack speed, along with the invaluable windwalk, at only 400g more.

Pers + Yasha is definitely inferior but can be built into the excellent Manta Style, and is far, far cheaper. Movement speed is a bonus but not an essential one unless you built Phase.

Pers + Crystalys offers similar damage but will be better at killing due to crit, and is a lot cheaper.

Pers + Dominator gives you unparalleled creeping ability (jungle forever, and go ancients much, much earlier) and is shit-tons cheaper.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauranna
Hello Iceforg and Vlad,

I would like you to present an idea. We all know that one week per month, women have their period. Why wouldn't you introduce that, one week per month, players are unable to pick female heroes because they have their period.
Also for each new hero to come, you could change the stomach of gilrls heroes and says the new hero will be her baby. For example, Lina model becomes pregnant and then a new hero is released, and she comes back to normal.
Current solo rating: 4039 | Current team rating: 4248
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Yosharian; 04-21-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #23
aestropher
Member
 
aestropher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,629
aestropher is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bfury legit item let the haters hate. She's one of the better heroes to get it on.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #24
TaxmanD
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 187
TaxmanD is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I don't care if it's good, if it looks gay in my inventory (like lothar vanguard arcane boots) then I'll never get it . Too lame.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #25
GodlyKha
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9,679
GodlyKha is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

This is a great 2009 thread
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #26
otomo
Member
 
otomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,419
otomo is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Weird item to get, I know the cleave isnt the main reason to get bfury but it seems so odd to see it on a ranged hero that I dont think it suits medusa at all.
__________________
3062 Playdota members have checked out my blog, thank you guys

6.81 Changelog review
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #27
YoTengoUnLCD
Member
 
YoTengoUnLCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lujan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,861
YoTengoUnLCD is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokita View Post
And why 4-years late? If I can remember 4-years ago medusa was not even near to get a battlefury because it was giving less damage and costing the same, also, linken's was great on that era, not now.
Medusa Guide

================================================== =========

=====================

Quick Reference Section

This section is for people who want to get a rough idea of the item and

skill build of the hero. It’s designed such that you can always tab out in

the middle of your DotA game and read it in 10 seconds or so. Enjoy!

Newbie friendly: Yes
Last hit creeping necessary: No
Good micromanaging necessary: No
Good general DotA knowledge necessary: Yes

Skill Build:

1. Mana Shield
2-3. Chain Lightning
4. Mana Shield
5. Chain Lightning
6. Purge
7. Chain Lightning
8 – 9. Mana Shield
10 - 13. Split Shot
14. Purge
15. Attribute Bonus
16. Purge
17 - 25. Attribute Bonus

Item Build:



================================================== =========

=====================


Table of contents:

A. Introduction: Medusa's Basic Information
B. Skill Build
C. Item Build
D. Strategy
D1. Skill Analysis
D2. Walkthrough by game stages:
D2a. Early game
D2b. Mid game
D2c. Late game
E. Conclusion

A. Introduction: Medusa's Basic Information



Initial Stats:
HP/ MP: 416 / 247
Damage: 44 - 50
Armor: 1.9
Strength/ Agility/ Intelligence: 14 + 1.85/ 20+ 2.5/ 19+1.85
Range: 600
MoveSpeed: 300

Medusa's Strength:

1. Hard to die;
2. Good farmer

Medusa's Weaknesses:

1. She has a bit of everything, meaning she is not the best in any

particular area;
2. Many items mess up Split Shot.

B. Skill build:

1- Split Shot



Medusa magically splits her shot into three arrows. These arrows deal a

lower percent of her normal damage.

Level 1 - 45% damage
Level 2 - 55% damage
Level 3 - 65% damage
Level 4 - 75% damage

2 - Chain Lightning



Hurls a bolt of damaging lightning at a target enemy that jumps to

nearby enemies. Each jump deals 15% less damage.

Level 1 - 75 damage, jumps 3 times.
Level 2 - 150 damage, jumps 5 times.
Level 3 - 225 damage, jumps 7 times.
Level 4 - 290 damage, jumps 9 times.

Mana Cost: 90/ 105/ 125/ 145

Cooldown: 7

3- Mana Shield



Creates a shield that absorbs 50% of the incoming damage by using

Medusa's mana.

Level 1 - .75 damage per point of mana.
Level 2 - 1.25 damage per point of mana.
Level 3 - 1.5 damage per point of mana.
Level 4 - 2 damage per point of mana.

Mana Cost: 50

4- Purge



Casts a powerful anti-magic buff at a target enemy unit. Slows

movement and attack speeds for 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Slows speed by a factor of 2.
Level 2 - Slows speed by a factor of 3.
Level 3 - Slows speed by a factor of 5.
Deals 1000 damage to summoned units.

Mana Cost: 60

Cooldown: 12

Here is the suggested skill build:

1. Mana Shield
2-3. Chain Lightning
4. Mana Shield
5. Chain Lightning
6. Purge
7. Chain Lightning
8 – 9. Mana Shield
10 - 13. Split Shot
14. Purge
15. Attribute Bonus
16. Purge
17 - 25. Attribute Bonus

Brief explanation to skill builds:

1. Medusa has low HP early game. However, one interesting thing about

Medusa is that her mana is at a certain degree, interchangeable with

her HP. Mana shield directly translates damage to mana consumed; Chain

Lightning harasses; meaning you can force people to go back to fountain

and widen the experience gap. They have to be learnt as soon as

possible.

2. Once you have your early game items, you are relatively less fragile,

and you can learn Split Shot to improve your farming ability.

3. Level 2 Purge can be learnt at level 14 instead of 11, because the

additional benefits of Purge are simply further reductions in attack

speed, and is relatively insignificant.[/b][/color]

4. Edit about revision: I have revised my skill build. Chain Lightning is

learnt at the beginning. There are three reasons for this adjustment:

a. In this item build I will recommend you get Perseverance to improve

your survivability. With more HP and mana regeneration, you can afford

to have extra mana to use chain lightning to harass enemies;


b. Most people know that Medusa does not really shine until late game.

If you give up learning chain lightning, you are essentially telling your

enemies: Look! I am nothing but a walking Greek statue that does no

damage, have fun in last hit creeping! Even you don’t have a very smooth

early game, you don’t want your enemies to farm happily right? Nuke

them a few times to make them feel bad!

c. Split Arrow does not shine until you have your Hammer/ Claymore.

Before that, last hit creeping and perhaps a few occasional Chain

Lightnings are more reliable than turning on Split Shot and hoping that

you get lucky. I expect you to have Boots, Perseverance, and at least a

Hammer/ Claymore by the time you have learnt level 4 Split Shot, and

that’s the time you can really turn on Split Shot, close your eyes, and

realize that you kill all the creeps a few seconds later.

d. There are always chances that you can get lucky kills. Chain

Lightning has a very long cast range, which means dying heroes cannot

probably survive from a timely Chain Lightning.

C. Item Build

I do know that once you have started reading this part, you will say this

build sucks and the writer is completely retarded. WAIT! If you have

read my previous guides you should know that I do have strong reasons

for getting very “weird” items. Sit back, READ, and make your judgment

after you’ve read my arguments.

Recommended Item Build:

Starting items:
Clarity Potions

1. Perseverance
2. Mithril Hammer, Boots
3. Complete BATTLEFURY
4. Upgrade Boots to Power Treads
5. Point Booster and Eul’s Scepter of Divinity
6. Eaglehorn and upgrade Point Booster to Soul Booster
7. Upgrade Eaglehorn to Butterfly, Radiance
8. Upgrade Eul’s Scepter of Divinity to Guinsoo’s Scythe of Vyse

Note: If you are very confident of not dying, right after you have

Sacred Relic, go straight for Aegis Rapier.

Final Items:
1. Power Treads
2. Battlefury
3. Soul Booster
4. Butterfly
5. Radiance
6. Guinsoo’s Scythe of Vyse



Brief explanation to item builds:

Diaz_leon, is this a Medusa guide? Battlefury WTF?

You are right. This is a Medusa guide, and I recommend you get

Battlefury for Medusa. But why?

Before I explain the reason let me go through Medusa’s skills. Chain

Lightning and Purge are self-explanatory. However, Split Shot and Mana

Shield are interesting.

Subtlety in Split Shot

Split Shot is Medusa’s signature skill. When you have level 4 Split Shot,

1 point of additional damage amplifies to 2.25 point of damage in group

battle. This is a HUGE bonus. However, it has its drawback. Since Split

Shot is a triggered skill, it can be interfered by many other items.

Below are items that mess up Split Shot:
· Monkey King Bar: whenever the bonus damage is triggered, Split

Shot will be overridden;
· Buriza: whenever critical attack is triggered, Split Shot will be

overridden;
· Desolator: you will lose Split Shot if you equip Desolator;
· Manta Style: your images cannot do Split Shot. Only blind

people can’t distinguish you from your images;
· Sange and Yasha: whenever maim is triggered, Split Shot will

be overridden;
· Maelstrom: whenever lightning is triggered, Split Shot will be

overridden;
· Basher: whenever bash is triggered, Split Shot will be

overridden
While these bonuses are good, they are not as good as Split Shot. So

basically these items are out. What are left?

Intermediate players will be aware of Radiance. Let me quote the

“premium” Medusa guide in DA on his comments on Radiance:


QUOTE(SpawnOfLucifer @ Feb 14 2006, 05:21 PM)
Radiance?
As you can see from the chart relic is the most cost effective, as well

as giving the most damage, however relic only upgrades into two things -

rapier and radiance. I think radiance is much more practical than rapier

and will help you in your farming immensly as well as dealing dmg in

team battles.


The chart that he mentioned is basically a chart that claims to calculate

the “effectiveness” of various items on Medusa when Split Shot is

turned on. Here I will quote it too for the sake of completeness:


QUOTE(SpawnOfLucifer @ Feb 14 2006, 05:21 PM)
Gold per dmg / dmg with splitshot chart

Eagle Horn: 138 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 56 (17 each arrow)

Butterfly: 133 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 101 (31 each arrow)

Blade of Alacrity: gold per 100 dmg, dmg with splitshot: 22 (7 each

arrow)

Wraith band: 83 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 13 (4 each arrow)

Demon Edge: 72 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 81 (25 each arrow)

Hammer: 67 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 58 (16 each arrow)

Claymore: 66 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 47 (14 each arrow)

Broadsword: 66 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 40 (12 each arrow)

Sacred Relic: 63 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 135 (42 each arrow)

Rapier: 31 gold per dmg, dmg with splitshot: 562 (175 each arrow)

This list is full of faulty numbers. For example the damages of

Eaglehorn, Butterfly, Hammer, Demonedge, Broadsword, Sacred Relic,

and Claymore are wrong, (OMG can he do simple division and

multiplication?) the effective damages of Blade of Alacrity, Butterfly,

and Butterfly are all wrong because the writer hasn’t considered the

effect of increased attack speed on damage (OMG Butterfly gives you

50% IAS how can you ignore this when doing the calculation)?

But let’s ignore the fact that quite many numbers on the list are wrong,

and focus on the part about Sacred Relic. He claims that this is the

best weapon because based on his chart, it gives highest damage per

gold. This number is of course very arguable. For example, a Rapier plus

2 Aegis cost 16500 gold, that is 66 gold/ damage, but it gives a lot of

other bonuses. The writer apparently doesn’t want to give the solution of

why Rapier + 2 Aegises are bad, so he avoids answering this question by

saying “but for various reason we will not be going rapier first”.

Now let me tell you why rushing Relic/ Radiance is an evidence of

mediocrity:

Why rushing Sacred Relic/ Radiance is bad?

In fact, the first reason is implicitly shown in the author’s comments.

Any people with common sense will know that getting straight Rapier and

Aegis for any hero is very risky, because you will be doing nothing

unless you have both items. Not only does it matter that your end items

are strong, it also matters WHEN you get them!!! The main flaw with my

double Aegis Rapier suggestion is that you will be VERY weak before you

get those items, and by the time you have almost got all your items, the

game has ended. Same for rushing Sacred Relic. If you rush Sacred

Relic, you’re essentially giving up yourself before you get the item. Of

course pros will say “hey, I am the best player in the universe in micro,

survival, last hit, farming etc, I can rush Sacred Relic in 10 minutes”.

However, if the enemies are stupid enough to let you farm a Sacred

Relic that easily, even if you get 5 Dagon 5 you can still own your

enemies. A guide is written for you to play against people who are giving

your trouble, not a manifestation on how good the guide writer is

comparing with his opponents. The major flaw of rushing Sacred Relic is

that it fails miserably when you are killed frequently before you get a

Relic --- this is the time you actually need a guide to help you!!!

Second, rushing Radiance is pointless for Medusa. Yes, it helps you farm

a lot, but wait, why do a Medusa need to get an item that mainly helps

her farm as a first item? Note that at mid game every creep wave has

around 5 – 6 creeps only. Your Split Shot can already handle 3 of them,

so effectively you just need the immolation effect for the other 2 – 3

units. At this stage, it is an overkill. However, in later stages there are

8 creeps per wave, and your immolation helps you deal with 5 creeps.

While numerically this is not a huge boost, percentage-wise it is. My

conclusion is that you don’t need Radiance that early. Get it later!

Edit: The "premium" writer has read and flamed this guide. His

argument for rushing Sacred Relic is:

1. You should be good enough to get Relic early;
2. The Perseverence is pointless.

Here is the response:

1. If you can get Relic THAT easily, you should be able to rush Aegis

Rapier. Why? Because you're good!

2. Don't tell me you don't need at least a Ring of Regeneration before

you farm a Sacred Relic and claim that you can always do that. That

costs you 4175 gold already. Battlefury costs 4785, 610 more, but it

gives you more flexibility early game. You can effectively force your

enemies to go back to fountain with Chain Lightning, and get a lucky kill

or 2. More mana regeneration means more HP and that partly alleviates

her early game survival issue. These factors are worth some gold.

Anyway, discussing with you people is simply destructive because no

discussion can be done with arrogant minds. Flame as you want, remain

in the dream that "I can always get Relic because I don't make mistake

but I don't make Rapier because I make mistake". By wasting time on

arguing with you I can potentially write 3 more guides.

OK, I’m convinced that rushing Sacred Relic/ Radiance is bad, but

Battlefury is a more ridiculous idea!

The first thing I want you to know is that Cleave attack is irrelevant in

my considerations. CLEAVE ATTACK IS IRRELEVANT! CLEAVE ATTACK

IS IRRELEVANT!

OK so I’ve assumed you have read the above sentence, and we are on

the same page. Oh wait. CLEAVE ATTACK IS IRRELEVANT!

So how can Medusa benefit from Battlefury? Plenty!

First, Medusa is fragile early game, and a Ring of Health helps her a

lot. In fact, even if you rush Sacred Relic, it is very likely that you will

need at least a Ring of Regeneration.

Second, void stone works perfectly fine with Mana Shield. More mana

regeneration means more survivability means you don’t have to go to

fountain and heal. Moreover, getting mana regeneration for Medusa can

never be wrong, because Medusa's mana is interchangable with her HP in

the form of Mana shield, and damage in the form of Chain Lightning.

Third, Battlefury gives you decent damage. At a cost of 4785, you get

55 damage. While using the concept of gold per damage, Battlefury only

gives 1 damage per 87 gold, which is nothing impressive, but hold on!

This calculation is unfair because the benefits of HP and mana

regeneration are unaccounted in this number. If you agree that the HP

bonus and mana regeneration bonus are worth 1000 gold (2 Rings of

Regeneration and 2 Sobi Masks cost 1400, so 1000 is actually a very low

valuation), then you are getting 55 damage for 3785 gold, which is

comparable to what Sacred Relic gives you.

Fourth, you can build up Battlefury progressively, unlike the case in

rushing Sacred Relic. With a Ring of Health, you can farm Claymore and

Hammer at relative ease, while in the case of rushing for Sacred Relic,

you have to be overly careful to avoid unnecessary damage. Just like my

N’aix guide, in designing item builds, I stress on both effectiveness on

the items, and the plausibility of farming the items.

I believe an above average player will be convinced that Battlefury is a

good idea for Medusa despite the fact that getting Battlefury on a

ranged hero is almost the same as engraving “n00bness” on your

forehead. To me, I don’t mind breaking the “norm” or to create builds

that others dare not try. I design an item build to help you win, and

this may or may not conform to the majority.

Subtlety in Mana Shield

Mana Shield implies that Medusa has to carefully manage both her HP

and mana at all times. In particular, unlike Juggernaut, she needs high

HP and mana regeneration because she loses both constantly. While

Battlefury gives Medusa bonus regeneration rate, Medusa needs bonus

intelligence to amplify the effect of mana regeneration. That’s why the

Guinsoo’s Scythe of Vyse is here. Not only does it give decent damage

to Medusa, it also gives Medusa the pleasure of not having to return to

fountain at all.

Final words for Battlefury

I need to stress one thing: No damage weapon is perfect for Medusa.

As discussed above, many weapon bonuses mess up Split Shot, resulting

in negative synergy. When you know that you inevitably have to make

sacrifice for whatever weapons you buy, you naturally look for the item

that has the least negative synergy. For this reason I choose Battlefury.

For the other weapons, there is negative synergy because the recipe

screws up with Split Shot. S&Y recipe, and Desolator recipe are the

main culprits why they are bad weapons; same for Buriza recipe. On the

other hand, Battlefury has no recipe cost, which means you don't waste

gold on buying recipes. Second, all the non-recipe bonuses are relevant

on Medusa. HP and mana regeneration are good for her. If you are

convinced that the HP and mana regeneration are worth at least 1000

gold, the damage component of Battlefury is more cost effective than

all other pure damage items. This is why I am settled with Battlefury.

I understand that recommending Battlefury for Medusa is as

controversial as advocating cloning/ same sex marriage. It is disturbing.

It is provocative. It just doesn't feel "right". You may probably react

with "hmmmm, your argument is correct, but I still don't like

Battlefury". So be it. When I choose an item build, I choose it based

on calculations and logical deductions rather than what others think

about it. Otherwise I will include Sange and Yasha and Buriza in at least

half of my guides. I present the build because it is effective according

to logical deduction, not becase it will look "pleasing" to the majority.

Wait, what about rushing Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse?

Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse is good for almost most heroes, including

Medusa. However, rushing it is another issue. Here are the four main

reasons why I don't prefer rushiing it:
· Until you actually have bought the recipe, the individual

components of Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse gives you very little damage.

Eul's Scepter gives you 0 damage, and Oblivion staff gives you 15

damage only. On the other hand, with the exception of Ring of Health,

every component of Battlefury gives you additional damage.
· Yes Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse gives you a lot of mana

regeneration and mana, but it does not give you more HP. Fact is, no

matter how much mana you have, once your HP is 0, you're dead.

Battlefury gives you a more balanced regeneration since you have both

mana and HP regeneration.
· Afterall, Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse gives you 35 damage,

Battlefury 55. After being amplified by Split Shot the difference is 45

damage, and is NOT a small difference.
· Medusa's natural role is to tank (because she has mana shield),

and push (because she has split shot). If you rush Guinsoo's Scythe of

Vyse first, no matter what you get in your second item, you can't fulfill

both roles. If you get Battlefury/ Radiance, you can't tank; if you get

Skadi, your damage is still too low for pushing. You will be a mix of

everything; you can tank a bit but not really too much; you can push a

bit but not really too fast; you can disable an enemy but anyone with

Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse can do... You get the idea. You will be one

item behind than the case if you get Battlefury first, and at that stage

you don't have the leisure to farm for another damage/ tank weapon.
I do understand that hex is useful at time, but I think there are better

heroes that can benefit more from rushing Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse

than Medusa. My suggestion is don't rush Guinsoo's Scythe of Vyse for

Medusa unless you're the only possible candidate to get it e.g. all your

teammates are melee strength hero.

What’s next after Battlefury?

I have been very sloppy here for the first edit, so let me completely

rewrite this part.

Point Booster and Eul’s Scepter of Divinity

Medusa is a pusher and a tank, this is something that I hope to achieve

(other people may still want to play her as a 1 on 1 tank, but that’s not

my concern). To do so, you need damage, HP, mana, and hopefully

evasion. However, with the exception of Skadi, usually you don’t have

items that give you damage, HP, and mana. My choice, therefore, is to

build up Medusa’s strength one by one. Since Battlefury gives her decent

damage, she needs HP and Mana next. Point Booster and Eul’s Scepter

of Divinity come next. Point Booster is almost self-explanatory. Eul’s

Scepter of Divinity is here to give you a boost in mana, since after

playing a few more games with Medusa, I find that she always has much

higher HP than mana at any point of the game. An earlier Eul can

hopefully alleviate this problem. If you do have surplus mana, use up

some of it with Chain Lightning.

Butterfly

Now that Medusa improves her role as a tank, it’s time to focus on her

damage. Butterfly is a good choice, because it gives her bonus damage,

and amplifies her DPS more than 20% in the form of increase IAS.

While this bonus is relatively insignificant if you get it as the first item

due to her low damage early game, at late game it is not. Assuming you

get Butterfly at level 21, your damage by then will be 164 without

Butterfly. The bonus IAS effective gives you 164+ 45 (damage from

Butterfly) * 20% = around 45 bonus damage, which is not bad. So

effectively you are getting an item that gives you 90 damages, plus

Evasion. Even if you use the concept of effectiveness of the “premium”

guide, 5950 / 90 = 66 and it’s definitely not bad! If you think the

Evasion is at least worth 550 gold, then effectively you are getting 90

damage for 5400 gold, which just costs you 60 gold per damage. Yes I

do know that farming for a Butterfly is not easy, because Eaglehorn

costs a lot, but I do think that a mid/ late game Medusa is a good

pusher and this is a reasonable choice.

Optional upgrade to Soul Booster, Radiance

At this time, you have the choice of upgrading Point Booster to Soul

Booster, or you can get Radiance for Medusa. WTF? Didn’t you say

Radiance is bad at the beginning and now you get back to it? This is my

explanation.

By the time you get Radiance, the game should be over an hour. Now

there are 8 creeps for every creep wave, and sometimes there are even

more if the enemies push with the creeps. While Radiance as a first

item is bad because even if you rush it, there are so few creeps per

wave (around 5) that even Split Arrows can handle them easily, Radiance

as a late game item is good. When there are 10 + creeps around, even

if you have 3 arrows, you may not be able to wipe out creep waves

easily. You need to maintain your competitive edge on pushing with

Radiance.

Guinsoo’s Scythe of Vyse

The last item should be intuitive. Since you have bought Eul’s Scepter

of Divnity, why not upgrade it to Guinsoo’ Scythe of Vyse?

Why certain items are bad?

Black King Bar: While presumably you can fire fearlessly when you turn

on Avatar, in reality there are a lot more counters to magic immunity.

Black Hole, Dismember, Chronosphere, Overgrowth, permabash etc. can

render Avatar useless. This is the reason why I do not prefer to invest

4000 gold on this item.

Linken's Sphere: I do recognize its benefits, namely, stats bonuses,

regeneration, and negation bonus. However, since I have already

included Battlefury and Guinsoo’s Scythe of Vyse in this build, I find

the regeneration bonuses redundant. Also, Soul Booster gives an

additional 165 HP and 153 MP than Linken.

Eye of Skadi: Previously I included this item in the build, but I have

now decided to take it out. The reason is that Skadi is simply too

expensive. Many games end before you complete Skadi, so you really

need a very strong reason for getting Skadi.

In my earlier version, I included Skadi for the following reasons:

Medusa needs HP (in the form of strength), mana, and Intelligence (note

that Intelligence is different from mana, since intelligence boosts your

mana regeneration rate, mana does not). However, I do think Soul

Booster plus Eul’s Scepter of Divinity will do the job equally well.

Afterall, Soul Booster alone gives Medusa more than 1k effective HP

(450 HP, 400 mana).

Another thing I don’t like about Skadi is that Ultimate Orb sucks as an

intermediate item. It gives you a bit of everything, which means it does

not give you very good bonuses in any particular area. The individual

components of Battlefury, for example, are way more useless than

Ultimate Orb if you take into consideration the cost difference.

D1. Skill Analysis

What should Medusa achieve in the game?

Look at Medusa's skill. Split shot greatly amplifies her damage, but it is

distributed among 3 units. Mana shield makes her a super tank. Purge is

a disable skill, and Chain lightning is just a generic nuke. Under no

circumstance should you play her as a hero killer. It just doesn't make

sense.

Instead, Medusa is a super pusher and tank. The reason why she is a

super pusher is evident. Split shot can wipe out a full wave of creeps in

3 seconds. She well qualifies to be a tank because she deals massive

damage to the enemy team, and she has very high HP. If the enemies

don't focus fire on her first, she will take away chunks of HP from the

enemy team in a few seconds. That's why you should focus on these two

aspects.

1. How to use Chain Lightning

a. Chain Lightning is your only weapon in early game. However, by doing

so, you are also losing HP effectively because of mana shield, so use it

with caution. I have listed situations which you should use Chain

Lightning early game, and when you should not:

Situations which you should use Chain Lightning:
· If your enemy is a melee hero;
· If your enemy does not have any HP regeneration item;
· If your enemy is a nuker, but it is almost impossible to evade

the nuke e.g. Leshrac’s Lightning Storm. In that case, since you will be

forced to return to fountain anyway, you want a double-loss situation

rather than a win-loss situation!
· If your enemy is low on HP. Force him back to fountain no

matter what!
Situations which you should not use Chain Lightning:
· If your enemy is a combo hero e.g. Lion. This is because if you

carelessly walk too near to him, he may impale hex finger you. This is

just not worth;
· If you are low on mana and you find that more necessary to

purge than to use Chain Lightning.
b. Once you have Eul’s Scepter of Divinity, your mana regeneration is

decent enough for you to spam Chain Lightning. In fact, with Split Shot

you can walk up and clear creep waves on your own! This is the idea:

first throw the lightning on the creeps, then turn on Split Shot and

own. By the time you encounter the next wave, you should have enough

mana to do the same thing.

c. Chain Lightning is good for defending pushes. When 3 heroes with 10

creeps are marching towards your base, the best thing to do is to throw

a Chain Lightning while they are advancing, since the range of Chain

Lightning is VERY long. As long as you hit the unit that is closest to

you, it will deal damage to every one. If you have another AoE nuker

teammate, he can clear the creep wave quickly and then you can work on

the heroes.

2. How to use Split Shot

a. Turn it on after you have learnt level 4 Split Shot, unless there is

only 1 unit within your range. What else should I say?

b. Walk up to clear creep waves yourself with the help of Chain

Lightning. Discussed above.

3. Mana Shield

a. Turn it on at all times, unless you have less than 60 mana. In most

of the cases, a timely purge is better than an extra 60 mana for

absorbing damage when you’re running for your life.

b. Note that every time you learn a new level of Mana Shield, you need

to turn off and on your Mana Shield to upgrade it. If this proves to be

too mana-consuming, I suggest you not to turn on Mana Shield at all

until you are level 5 (level 3 mana shield).

c. How Mana Shield absorbs your damage: let’s say a hero with 100

damage attacks you. 50 damage will be absorbed by your mana, and 50

damage is absorbed by your HP. If you have level 4 Mana Shield, you

will lose 25 mana. Then the remaining 50 damage will be reduced by

armor. Of course if you evade the attack, nothing will happen. Mana

Shield absorbs BOTH physical and magic damage.

4. How to use Purge?

A few points on Purge:
· Purge can deal 1000 damage to summon units. When you see

Chen marching with his creeps, Necronomicon, dominated units, or

Keeper of the Light pushing with Ignis Fatuus, you should happily chase

them and earn your bounty;
· In team battles, always purge the enemy with highest attack

speed. Purge not only reduces movespeed, it also reduces attack speed;
· Purge fleeing enemy so that your teammates can follow up

easily;
· Purge can dispel many buffs and debuffs. For example, if you

see a Sven with God Strength, purge him. If you see an Ursa with

Overpower, purge him.
· There are spells that cannot be purged. Avatared units will be

slowed by purge, but they still have magic immunity over other spells.

Shadow Strike and Doom cannot be canceled by Purge.
· Purge can kill images instantly. If you see Terrorblade pushing

with his images, just purge one of them.
Technical issues on Purge:

a. This is how purge works: It first reduces a unit’s movement speed to

100, and the attack speed of the unit to half/ one-third/ one-fifth of

the original attack speed. Over the next 5 seconds, the purged unit will

regain his movement and attack speed linearly.

b. For example, a unit has 400 movespeed and 200 attack speed is

purged by a level 3 purge. Right after he is purged, he has 100

movespeed and 40 attack speed. In the next second, he has (400-

100)/5 + 100 = 160 movespeed and (200 – 40)/ 5 + 40 = 72 attack

speed. For the next 4 seconds he will regain 60 movespeed and 32

attack speed.

c. Harassing with Purge: if you are facing a melee hero in your lane,

you can harass him with Purge. Simple purge the hero and shoot him. If

you have Split Shot, turn it on, and walk near the hero to auto attack.

No matter your enemy approaches you or flees, he will still receive

damage. If you have Split Shot and hit the enemy hero with auto

attack, nearby creeps won’t even harass you!

D2. Walkthrough by game stages:

D2a. Early game:

Pick a side lane with a partner. Solo is also fine, as long as you don’t

have 2 nukers in your lane. At this stage, your only weapon is your

range and Chain Lightning. Don’t bother to harass with arrows; you will

be harassed instead. Use physical attack to deal last hit only. Note

that the attack animation of the arrows is VERY slow. While Sniper’s

bullets fly like rockets, your arrows are only slightly faster than Witch

Doctor’s casks.

D2b. Mid game:

After you have a Ring of Health and level 1 Purge, you can help your

teammates in ambushes occasionally. Your job is to pop up somewhere

behind an enemy, purge him, and throw a Chain Lightning on him.

Remember before you have a Battlefury, your damage is nothing

impressive, and don’t overestimate your power to kill. Early mid game is

the realm of casters and combo nukers. Medusa is not one of these

heroes so she should play defensively. If you have pushed reasonably far

and don’t want to push further to avoid ganks, you can kill neutral

creeps. Like what I said in the N’aix guide: go to neutral creep camps

only in the first 40 minutes, and when your lane is occupied by another

ally.

D2c. Late game:

With some of your major items completed, you are a respectable force.

You have 2 major tasks in team battles. First, you should walk up and

purge/ cyclone/ hex the hero with highest attack speed. This will

render that enemy useless for the next 4 – 5 seconds. Second you

should walk up and tank. Medusa has VERY high effective HP when she

has Skadi, and high damage due to split shot. Since Medusa’s damage is

distributed among 3 units, simply move her to the crowd and shoot

arrows. If the enemies ignore her presence, their HP will drop in no

time. If you have extra mana, cast Chain Lightning on fleeing enemies.

If the cooldown of Purge is ready, you can use it on fleeing heroes too.

When there is no team battle, just push other lanes with your

teammates. Medusa is an excellent late game pusher. In fact, if you

build up your items correctly, it requires zero intelligence to excel with

a late game Medusa.

E. Conclusion

I know you will say my guide is bad because of Battlefury. Happy

flaming!



...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyKha View Post
Or clone me, raise the clone as your child for a few decades, and then have the clone be your meepo player at least until he undergoes an existential crisis and engages in brave and brazen yet petty heroics in an attempt to differentiate himself from the real clan_iraq and make a legacy of his own so he doesn't live in my shadow, at which point you as his father are forced to make the tragic decision to put him down with his cerebral remote explosive implant so that the bloodshed comes to an end, and emotionally shattered by your choice you turn to drink and become a broken man living out of bars and with a syringe always in your veins until a pretty redhead comes into your life and
where was i
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
Kris
Member
 
Kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA, CT/MA
Posts: 14,231
Blog Entries: 8
Kris is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

IDK why you'd want to do this with BF instead of Lothar right now. Lothar is so potent and has significant instantaneous returns compared to BF.
__________________

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.


  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #29
sumthingsup
Member
 
sumthingsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,413
sumthingsup is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lothar is much better. It even offers survivability.
__________________
I'm starting to think that Juice and Godly_Kha is a single entity. Much like Sheogorath and Jyggalag.. just not sure which is which.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #30
TaxmanD
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 187
TaxmanD is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Both bfury and lothar are broken and a lame way to play, each hero should have items that fits their skill the most.
Yeah you can buy bfury lothar vanguard on every fking hero and play exactly the same way, that's the most disgusting thing about these items. Stop buffing these noob items and promote items that force players to make a choice.

Let me run you through an example:
Battlefury:
+6hp/s
+150% manaregen
+65 damage
Stygian desolator:
+60 dmg
(corruption orb effect -6 armor)

Both items are roughly the same price, why in the world would a noob choose Deso over Bfury, one gives damage, cleave effect that isn't orb effect, mana and hp regen, easy buildup thanks to perseverance, and the other one with just damage and a crappy orb effect that last for a couple of seconds?
IF gotta stop buffing these items that are good at everything and start making people use their logic sense to pick the right items for their hero.
"Hey guys! bfury is good on medusa! " - no shit sherlock, it gives hp and mana regen and damage, it's not like something all heroes need or anything, you can put bfury on techie and it would still work, that's how dumb this item design is. Same thing with lothar and arcane boots.

So with that note, sure, be lame and go bfury, lothar, vanguard on everything, it's effective and lame as shit. I'd rather go play LOL than this crap piece of boring items choice game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #31
xyLoneZ
Member
 
xyLoneZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,049
xyLoneZ is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxmanD View Post
Both items are roughly the same price, why in the world would a noob choose Deso over Bfury
Because obviously you want to melt those heroes and towers like there's no tomorrow.

Inb4, vanguard sucks balls.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenar View Post
Witch Doctor is one of the best tanks. He is squishy enough to be a free kill so people do aim him. He has really scary spells to force enemy to focus you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_me View Post
leave Maelstrom for heroes like Zeus because he is lightning type.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #32
justinchiuex
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 65
justinchiuex is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

People used to go for Battlefury windrunner before. But not anymore ;/
__________________
Livestream:
Dotabuff: http://dotabuff.com/players/80476528
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #33
TaxmanD
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 187
TaxmanD is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyLoneZ View Post
Because obviously you want to melt those heroes and towers like there's no tomorrow.

Inb4, vanguard sucks balls.
Oh sure because that -6 armor melt every heroes and tower down so quickly! damn deso are so good! that's why everyone makes them /sarcasm. Please, if you couldn't even see the point I'm making, go learn logic, or just go learn to read.
Even if naix or leoric (both strongest candidates for deso thanks to build-in lifesteal skill) take battlefury instead of deso, nothing would change except the fact that you have more mana and you farm faster thanks to cleave.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #34
xyLoneZ
Member
 
xyLoneZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,049
xyLoneZ is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxmanD View Post
Oh sure because that -6 armor melt every heroes and tower down so quickly! damn deso are so good! that's why everyone makes them /sarcasm. Please, if you couldn't even see the point I'm making, go learn logic, or just go learn to read.
Even if naix or leoric (both strongest candidates for deso thanks to build-in lifesteal skill) take battlefury instead of deso, nothing would change except the fact that you have more mana and you farm faster thanks to cleave.
That's one hell of a flawed logic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenar View Post
Witch Doctor is one of the best tanks. He is squishy enough to be a free kill so people do aim him. He has really scary spells to force enemy to focus you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_me View Post
leave Maelstrom for heroes like Zeus because he is lightning type.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #35
CynthiaCrescent
Member
 
CynthiaCrescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Steam: lightredemption
Posts: 22,660
Blog Entries: 19
CynthiaCrescent is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinchiuex View Post
People used to go for Battlefury windrunner before. But not anymore ;/
Because it was dumb and ineffectual so people stopped doing it.
__________________________________________________ ______

On a completely unrelated note, apparently Bfury is an item of choice for such as Nai'x and Skeleton King, over anything resembling Desolator, not to mention those Shadow Blade and Vanguards so strong they could be built on anyone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #36
Lanther
Member
 
Lanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,372
Lanther is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Don't Necro threads.Especially when something is not changed at all since 5+ years ago.
__________________
98% of people have no idea of mechanics, if you are one of the 2% nerds put this in your sig
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #37
Apokita
Competitive Staff
 
Apokita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Steam: Apokita
Posts: 1,846
Apokita is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Guys, Why do you want me to get something that costs 3k gold and only offers +30 damage/AS? medusa doesn't need an invis, she doesn't has a gamechanging skill and for farming the AS doesn't matters, how do you want to spam the stupid snake if you don't go for a regeneration build? do you think hp/mp regen is for teamfights? DotA is not all about teamfights guys, How much you can farm with no mp/hp regen?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
Girlfriend and Dota are like orb effect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #38
Regularjoe
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 96
Regularjoe is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Isn't a raw perseverance enough?

Also, you have been treadswapping right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 AM   #39
YoTengoUnLCD
Member
 
YoTengoUnLCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lujan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,861
YoTengoUnLCD is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apokita View Post
Guys, Why do you want me to get something that costs 3k gold and only offers +30 damage/AS? medusa doesn't need an invis, she doesn't has a gamechanging skill and for farming the AS doesn't matters, how do you want to spam the stupid snake if you don't go for a regeneration build? do you think hp/mp regen is for teamfights? DotA is not all about teamfights guys, How much you can farm with no mp/hp regen?
30/30 is similar to 65 damage. With also the nice phase from lothers.
So you got 1350 spare gold to spend in your so beloved regen. That can include finishing tranqs, getting lifesteal+sobi or some shit like that. Not like snake makes you farm that much faster when you got splitshot4.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodlyKha View Post
Or clone me, raise the clone as your child for a few decades, and then have the clone be your meepo player at least until he undergoes an existential crisis and engages in brave and brazen yet petty heroics in an attempt to differentiate himself from the real clan_iraq and make a legacy of his own so he doesn't live in my shadow, at which point you as his father are forced to make the tragic decision to put him down with his cerebral remote explosive implant so that the bloodshed comes to an end, and emotionally shattered by your choice you turn to drink and become a broken man living out of bars and with a syringe always in your veins until a pretty redhead comes into your life and
where was i
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #40
sumthingsup
Member
 
sumthingsup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,413
sumthingsup is offline
Default Re: Battlefury medusa
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

because you die when someone sees you with BF.
__________________
I'm starting to think that Juice and Godly_Kha is a single entity. Much like Sheogorath and Jyggalag.. just not sure which is which.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy


Forum Jump

Thread Tools


forum staff