Old 06-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #81
zergisop

Default dota 2 test client Update Notes - June 12, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaCrescent View Post

How can one be so wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaInc View Post
Be honest.When was the last time you saw a chief?
I would trust CCrescent's knowledge more. That being said, ET is such an underwelming hero, at least in pubs. Anytime there's one on my team it's almost an auto loss for us, and anytime I see one on the enemy team it's gg for us.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #82
UnknownAlias

Default Are you happy now?
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The patch today fixed many bugs. Are you happy now? Probably not.

I don't post much on the forums but I read a lot. All of the hate lately towards Valve has irritated me. The complaining that heroes aren't released fast enough, bugs aren't fixed fast enough, Valve doesn't care about the game only hats, game is still in beta, matchmaking and Que time.

Many of you don't know anything about Valve. Go google "Valve Time". Valve is one of the few developers that actually get their shit right before releasing it. The term "Valve Time" was given to Valve because of how long they took to actually release games. This isn't to irritate or provoke anyone. It's also not that they don't care. They want to make sure they do things right the first time which is rare these days. I'm sick of developers rushing their games and shoveling out bug ridden garbage that is barely playable. Is that what you really want? Do you want them to rush this process which in turn will hurt the overall quality of the game?

Why is the game still in beta? Valve wants to take their time and do it right because when they do open the flood gates they only get one first impression. Many new players will give this game only one shot. If you open the flood gates with the game in the state it's in many people aren't going to come back. That's not good for dota. The more players the better for everything between matchmaking and competitive scene. I'm willing to give them the time they need because you only get one first impression and the game needs to be the best that it can be.

Why hate on Valve for Cosmetic Items? Would you really rather have a LoL system? Do you really want to wait months/years to grind out all of the heroes? Or spend many hundreds of dollars on purchasing all of the heroes? I sure don't want that system. Riot has to keep shoveling out new champions just to stay above water. Slowly the imbalance is going to catch up with them it's just a matter of time. There is a point where you have too many champions/heroes and I think LoL has reached that point. That is not what I want to see for Dota. I want Dota to be in it for the long haul and not just a quick buck. The cosmetic items are a great strategy for this especially for playing competitive Dota because all of the heroes are available for every player. It also gives no advantage whatsoever in terms of game play. It's also not an item you HAVE to have. You can just buy them when you have some extra money. So Valve, please bring on the hats.

All I am saying is give them a chance. They have made great games in the past that have stood the test of time. Look at Counter-strike and Team-Fortress. Those games are still going strong after so many years. Look at CS 1.6 and Source! I have faith in Valve and I know they will do the same with the sequel to the greatest game ever made. Wouldn't you guys rather be in it for the long haul? Don't you want to make sure Dota 2 is around for many years to come and has a great competitive scene? They have stayed true to what makes Dota great. They didn't over simplify the game and fix all of the crazy mechanics Dota has just for quick sells to the "Casual" and "Average" gamer. For that I applaud them because it's very hard to find a developer these days that doesn't crumble to those modern day tactics.

Again, I honestly don't think there is a better company for Dota 2. I think they will make it the best it can possibly be and just like CS and TF it will stand the test of time. Just give them a chance and some time.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #83
An Explosion
Banned

Default Re: Are you happy now?

yes
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #84
Randy7777

Default Re: Are you happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownAlias View Post
All I am saying is give them a chance. They have made great games in the past that have stood the test of time. Look at Counter-strike and Team-Fortress. Those games are still going strong after so many years. Look at CS 1.6 and Source! I have faith in Valve and I know they will do the same with the sequel to the greatest game ever made. Wouldn't you guys rather be in it for the long haul? Don't you want to make sure Dota 2 is around for many years to come and has a great competitive scene? They have stayed true to what makes Dota great. They didn't over simplify the game and fix all of the crazy mechanics Dota has just for quick sells to the "Casual" and "Average" gamer. For that I applaud them because it's very hard to find a developer these days that doesn't crumble to those modern day tactics.

Again, I honestly don't think there is a better company for Dota 2. I think they will make it the best it can possibly be and just like CS and TF it will stand the test of time. Just give them a chance and some time.
QFT
Old 06-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #85
Kazuja

Default Re: dota 2 test client Update Notes - June 12, 201

... but I loved carpface Puck
Old 06-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #86
5chneemensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatdev1l View Post
Народ мне не хватает 500 для поездки.Моя мечта поехать на TI3. ПОмогите мне пожалуйста кто чем может! Перечислите 1 или 2 долара на кошелек пожалуйта. Z282918572711 Электоронный кошелек.Заранее спасибо.
This is an english forum. DotA is an english game. Speak english.

E: Nice ninja delete skills.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #87
NilSenna

dota 2 roda em core i3 intel hd 3000?
Old 06-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #88
SAJAD_GH

plz give me a dota 2 beta key!!! (((
Old 06-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #89