Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Calminho
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 21
Calminho is offline

Exclamation The problems of DOTA


As you see dota has many problems with heroes, items and gameplay.

First of all i want to say that DOTA is created by a single man and when it was created he had 16 years old so thats alot to consider.

As you see warcraft is an engine for serveral maps that can be created by users or by blizzard. Me and my friends love to play some random maps created by that users and we call it "imba maps" because they are imbalanced and thats why the creator makes versions to balance and fix bugs.

Dota has 665 versions (without counting with b,c,d etc...) some of that versions were created really fast but the purpose of that versions is to make more balances, fixing bugs, adding some fun heroes to play and making the map much more popular.

When dota was created it wasnt very popular but as soon as icefrog (creator of dota) was releasing more versions with more heroes it soon become really popular. I really dont know in wich version it became popular but it was fast as lighting and programs like garena became popular too (dota has the triple of the players of the other games in garena.)

In the version 6.65 dota is a bit well balanced for a map created by one user, with many heroes that require skills and are fun (everyone loves to try to hook or hit arrows ^^) When new heroes are released they are mostly imba or they need nerfs or buffs. Like tauren chieftain that was really imba and could win games by himself... But now its pretty well balanced.

The 2 new heroes imo are really well balanced for first release (slark can stomp pubs but he is not a hardcore heroe and his invisibilty only lasts 5.5 seconds and we can see the cloud so its easy to counter with truesight and he is really low hp. Ancient is a nice support ganker with skills balanced and a difficult ulti too use but effective, imo you icefrog could really nerf the ball of slow the rest is fine)

Whats funny is that the problem of this version is some heroes like ursa and imo visage (you really fucked the heroe). The difference of ursa in 6.64 and 6.65 is that ursa can now use BKB wich makes her(him) invulnerable to disablers (except some ultis that pass trough bkb) and now overpower has no casting time.

Im going to compare ursa to sven. Sven has an aoe stun with 2 second and decent damage (thats really good for battles), and passive cleaving that makes sence and can sinchro with battlefury, an chase/escape mechanism that gives speed and armor for 6 seconds(NOT 1 second animation and the enemie can be already in base... remove that animation) and an ulti that gives him insane damage for some seconds with an animation (its totally fine).
Ursa has one aoe slow with balanced damage for 4 seconds (usefull for chasing and if used properly escaping) one orb that gives nice damage (for me its the best orb in the game) and an overpower that gives him a 6 insane fast astacks WITH NO ANIMATION... and the ulti gives a boost of damage with no animation again but that gamers are already used too so its balanced and the duration is low and has no mana cost.

The conclusion is that the 2 heroes are look like each other but ofc sven looses 1on1 but if used properly with stun he can win the only stupid thing is his "chase/escaping" mechanism that 1 second animation counts like hell

In a clan war now ursa is top top tier because it has no counters (just ban atropos) and it can rape a whole team with bkb... thats why it is always banned.

About the 2 heroes of WORST TIER EVAH!!! (terrorblade and clinckz) The 2 heroes are in my opinion the only MEGA HARDCORE CARRIES because i never seen a terrorblade with some items loosing a game when its past 60minutes (unless he is noob or the other team has 4 good disablers) because terrorblade has the best agi gain and his illusions can make almost half of the damage and have the same speed and take 200% damage with can be used to rape a team. The sunder is his survival skill but its melee so we cant depende on that skill. The metamorphosis is nice but could have a better boost, his illusions are obviously what makes him the best late game of the game (altough the other team can have much aoe, 200% is can survive and even if they tank the illusion the real terrorblade can fuck him). The other skill called soulsteal is essencial because this heroe is a "wood heroe" because in lane he is fucking focused and with his low hp and no escape mechanism he dies soon altough his has a sweet atack animation. So if you take out soulsteal he wont woods and will have a hard time in lane.

About clinckz in my opinion you should total remake him icefrog, like razor.

Now about visage. This heroe in 6.64 was really usefull because he had the revenents atacking and he was the babysitter of the team with mechanasm and he could tank with vanguard (when it wasnt nerfed for ranged heroes) and hood of defiance and his passive of healing the teammates when he suffered damage was really good. Now he lost his passive of gaining damage to a new activbe called agony (that can make 360 of damage when the soul counters reach to max with a really small cooldown but the problem is that the counters take a while to get maxed and when you launch the skill it will take much more to fill up the counters than the cooldown) the new grave chill and is nice as the gravekeeper cloak with makes him really hard. But my question, for what? summoning agonies from 20 seconds to 20 seconds? shit a teambattle lasts less than that :X and the new familiars are really hard to use because they can stun aoe (really small) and for a small time i played 10 games and i couldnt do nothing with them. Plz icefrog i want old visage... this is going to shit tier.

About items, imo they are totally balanced and fine because we can make funny builds for heroes but theres one item i hate that is the skadi.

Its the most expensive item, only gives 25 of all stats and a slow. This item is only for medusa in my opinion because she needs mana and health to tank. But for other heroes it sucks skadi is only bought in 1/50 games of dota so icefrog do something about.

To end this thread i can only say that the only problem of dota is the heroes because the rest of the map is balanced (for each sides, altough roshan is more close to scourge side but the only entrance is crossing the river)

Thank you for reading this it really costed me alot.

I will acept all comments if they arent that small ones like (you noob you dont know what your saying or "you suck" etc...)

Hope icefrog reads it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
Slinky
Member
 
Slinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Genesis.
Posts: 225
Signature of the Week Winner 
Slinky is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

It's simple really: Ban Ursa.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
Syaska
Member
 
Syaska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brittany
Posts: 1,260
Guide Writing Award 
Syaska is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Visage was not picked because of his babysitting abilities (he was usually soloing), he was a top pick because of his hardcore farming/pushing skills, the fact he was near unkillable late game, and because he used to carry hard with Treads/Meka/Deso.

Clinkz is seeing some play recently, he is not half as bad as some people say.
I agree with you on TB: he needs some buffs or a SS remake.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
Oumaigode
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 80
Oumaigode is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

First of all, DotA will never be perfectly balanced, and if we take out the 2 new heroes, 6.65 is one of the best balancing updates that dota ever had, the TP delay, which encourage ganking, the vanguard nerf was good as well, for random carries that would go for that item like razor

Ursa really needs a small nerf, either it's his MS has suggested before, or anything else, Clinkz, doesnt need to be remade, i think maybe changing his ulti , or swapping his ulti with another skill, might work.

In overall, DotA is now more close to be balanced than the previous versions.

PS: I still hate Slark and Ancient Aparition, they will be nerfed in 6.66
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
joebh
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 970
joebh is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

ursa is fine, its u QQ'rs who need 2 be nerfed and gtfo.

clinkz is fine 2, i stomp 99% of the game i play when im using him. his orb owns in lane. all u need 2 make is easy orchid through side shop and u have inf mana and never need 2 go back 2 base thanks 2 his ult which is also free hand of midas. his ww is best ww in game. dust gem or wards only counter half of it. it makes him move max ms which makes it >>>> slarder's sprint w/o the extra damage in take. then all u need 2 do is farm easy bkb, skadi, and mkb and its gg.

so dont talk shit about how clinkz is the worst hero ever just cuz ur battlefury dagon clinkz got raped by an ursa solo ganking w/ no wards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
Steric
Member
 
Steric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,244
Steric is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

This is so fail. There weren't 665 versions of DotA (google Search version 5.99, it doesn't exist, the last 5.XX version was 5.86). IceFrog was not the one that created DotA Eul and then Guinsoo developed DotA before it was passed on to IceFrog (which was when IceFrog made version 6.00, the reason for no 5.87-5.99).
__________________

My Vision. My Evolution. My Guild.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
Black.Lotus
Member
 
Black.Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The World
Posts: 5,299
Blog Entries: 2
Black.Lotus is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

"with no" = "without" - just wanna say. :P
__________________



Don't like the Switch Mode? Join this group: <Click>
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
DoomSlayers
Member
 
DoomSlayers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,866
DoomSlayers is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Icefrog did not create DotA. Eul did but stopped. Followed by Guinsoo, which did the same. Icefrog came after them.
__________________
Whether or not you will bow to me is not open to debate. The question is, will I ever let you rise?

Before you post, remember this...
-The opinion of the majority doesn't represent a fact (it represents an opinion).
-You do not represent the majority.
-em is part of DotA. Denying it is the same as living in denial.
-Whining is part of the human nature.
-Adding insults in your text doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
Oumaigode
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 80
Oumaigode is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

You gotta admit it, the guy makes a 1000 words thread, and the only thing you say is ''eul created dota'' we all know that, you must feel superior just because you know who created dota /flex...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
The-Messiah
Member
 
The-Messiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 849
The-Messiah is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

I fail to see the point of this thread. Too many thoughts and no coherent point. I don't care if DoTa never gets truly "balanced" because it's the quirks and "overpowered" stuff that allows nerds and hardcores to come on here and voice their opinion, and without that this forum would be a boring place.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
DoomSlayers
Member
 
DoomSlayers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,866
DoomSlayers is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oumaigode View Post
you must feel superior just because you know who created dota /flex...
No, correcting someone so he doesn't make the same mistake does not make you superior. I don't take any pleasure in feeling superior. And what... feeling superior to someone you don't even know (or never met)? If I know I'm superior to someone (which is not the case at the moment), I keep it to myself.

As for the rest of his text, I do not agree with it. Am I forced to explain why I'm not agreeing with him? No. That's exactly why I did not mention his text, because I don't want to argue about it.
__________________
Whether or not you will bow to me is not open to debate. The question is, will I ever let you rise?

Before you post, remember this...
-The opinion of the majority doesn't represent a fact (it represents an opinion).
-You do not represent the majority.
-em is part of DotA. Denying it is the same as living in denial.
-Whining is part of the human nature.
-Adding insults in your text doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
Rwieditz
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany, Hessen
Posts: 23
Rwieditz is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

1 sec animationtime for op and 1 for ulti ... and everything is fine
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #13
iser
Member
 
iser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,500
iser is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oumaigode View Post
You gotta admit it, the guy makes a 1000 words thread, and the only thing you say is ''eul created dota'' we all know that, you must feel superior just because you know who created dota /flex...
i played some games with eul. my god, i feel so superior to everyone now. /loserflex
__________________
lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way
- general george patton
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #14
Moonshine
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 79
Moonshine is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

What about this trolling whinning thread? You guys are listening to a player that does not know how to play Bone properly, plays the old Visage as a babysitter, does not know how to google the history of DotA, does not know the creators of DotA, does not realize that 6.65 is a content map... Sigh.. What's wrong with you guys? Is it damm easy to be trolled like this?
__________________
How to discourage farming-focused boring DotA matches?
Upgrade creeps strength after first tower
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #15
desOo
Member
 
desOo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Switzerland.
Posts: 1,182
desOo is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomSlayers View Post
No, correcting someone so he doesn't make the same mistake does not make you superior. I don't take any pleasure in feeling superior. And what... feeling superior to someone you don't even know (or never met)? If I know I'm superior to someone (which is not the case at the moment), I keep it to myself.

As for the rest of his text, I do not agree with it. Am I forced to explain why I'm not agreeing with him? No. That's exactly why I did not mention his text, because I don't want to argue about it.
DId you seriously answered seriously to that lame comment?
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #16
Morbius
Member
 
Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,845
Morbius is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Im going to compare ursa to sven.
I stopped reading here.
__________________
My threads are loose.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:51 AM   #17
Mahorosan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 220
Mahorosan is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

There's problem for every game...
Deal with it or make your own
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:20 AM   #18
SpeedOfDark
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 66
SpeedOfDark is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminho View Post
Im going to compare ursa to sven.
This was a terrible comparison. Ursa is better at 1v1, and at solo ganking. Both of these together make up a very small part of dota. Sven has a better escape mech, sven ganks just as well with one ally, he RAPES image heroes, and sven COMBOS with many popular AoE heroes.

Example:

Option 1: sven + darkseer + magnataur
Option 2: ursa + darkseer + magnataur

Which is better? I'll give you a hint: the first one can kill 5 people.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:00 AM   #19
Mahorosan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 220
Mahorosan is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOfDark View Post
This was a terrible comparison. Ursa is better at 1v1, and at solo ganking. Both of these together make up a very small part of dota. Sven has a better escape mech, sven ganks just as well with one ally, he RAPES image heroes, and sven COMBOS with many popular AoE heroes.

Example:

Option 1: sven + darkseer + magnataur
Option 2: ursa + darkseer + magnataur

Which is better? I'll give you a hint: the first one can kill 5 people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4jCKYC-f0

/pub cry
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
KiReNnA~!
Member
 
KiReNnA~!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 529
KiReNnA~! is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

I don't see how do you can you compare Ursa to Sven, they each plays a different role. This thread is not convincing at all, it sounded more like "Whining about Some Dota Heroes" instead of "The Problems of Dota."
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:24 AM   #21
leeoku
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 526
leeoku is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

i lol'ed at this subtle "NERF URSA" thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #22
SpeedOfDark
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 66
SpeedOfDark is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahorosan View Post
lol, yep.

Let's see the brand new strictly-better-than-sven ursa do this:

YouTube - DarkSeer Vacuum Power
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:35 AM   #23
smilike
Member
 
smilike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 76
smilike is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

To long... Readed 80%, dont see any point. Most users wont read this. Nothing is perfect (thinking of games). Let me know if there is a non imba game. (poker dont counts )) )
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #24
DoomSlayers
Member
 
DoomSlayers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,866
DoomSlayers is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by desOo View Post
DId you seriously answered seriously to that lame comment?
Apparently I did
__________________
Whether or not you will bow to me is not open to debate. The question is, will I ever let you rise?

Before you post, remember this...
-The opinion of the majority doesn't represent a fact (it represents an opinion).
-You do not represent the majority.
-em is part of DotA. Denying it is the same as living in denial.
-Whining is part of the human nature.
-Adding insults in your text doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look stupid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #25
marbringer
Member
 
marbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 292
marbringer is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiReNnA~! View Post
I don't see how do you can you compare Ursa to Sven, they each plays a different role. This thread is not convincing at all, it sounded more like "Whining about Some Dota Heroes" instead of "The Problems of Dota."
I thought the same idea. He made lots of points which only points to hero whines.

@Kirenna: finally see someone who reads Umineko No Naku Kori Ni
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
GXMAYHEM2
Member
 
GXMAYHEM2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 320
GXMAYHEM2 is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Didn't know DotA started from version .01 then .02 till it reached 6.65 OR I misinterpreted it because there are in fact 665 versions both official and unofficial.

Only read some words that seemed important which was kind of hard, because ursa ranting was the only valid point I saw. He will get nerfed in some versions if the whining continues.

You can always get wards, great dual lane, imba ganker/s, a better carry than him(?), or all of the above.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #27
Francis
Member
 
Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wadiya
Posts: 3,897
Blog Entries: 2
Francis is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminho View Post
First of all i want to say that DOTA is created by a single man and when it was created he had 16 years old so thats alot to consider.
Wait... what? Where the hell did you hear/see/read this from?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #28
ven_veng
Member
 
ven_veng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 118
ven_veng is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Crap I actually read all that. Now my eyes hurts. The 2 new heroes are balance just make AA's ulti not global, the max assassinate range would be ok. Ursa is well yeah very strong but his ok IMO . Clinkz is ok as it is.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #29
Schremba
Member
 
Schremba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,345
Schremba is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Imo the only problem DotA currently has is that there can't be a fair situation between balanced Pub heroes and balanced League heroes. When I watch the balance threads, I often see people who want to buff heroes which totally rape in Pubs, but are not picked in the League. I only play Pubs (I stated the reasons for this already in other threads, I won't tell them again) and I often think 'Why the hell was this hero buffed again?' and of course I already know the answer. And of course I know that you can't compare a random Pub game with an organized League game. But the fact is that Pub players are also DotA players, and I think it isn't fair to only have an eye on the Leagues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
dyrebar-
Member
 
dyrebar-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 234
dyrebar- is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schremba View Post
Imo the only problem DotA currently has is that there can't be a fair situation between balanced Pub heroes and balanced League heroes. When I watch the balance threads, I often see people who want to buff heroes which totally rape in Pubs, but are not picked in the League. I only play Pubs (I stated the reasons for this already in other threads, I won't tell them again) and I often think 'Why the hell was this hero buffed again?' and of course I already know the answer. And of course I know that you can't compare a random Pub game with an organized League game. But the fact is that Pub players are also DotA players, and I think it isn't fair to only have an eye on the Leagues.
Which setup promotes DotA the best:

Replay of random pub games with random players

or

Replay of games from tournaments/leagues with players people know.

People are not interested in pub games and thats why focus is on getting DotA balanced on a more competetive level of play.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #31
H4uZ
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16
H4uZ is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

my eyes are bleeding after reading this..
Aside from all that not even remotely accurate DotA history, the topic has no actual content or any sort of line of thought.. I cried when I read the visage theory and the comparison of ursa to sven doesn't make any sense since their roles are different (lets compare silencer with zeus? their are both ranged and Int type!), new heroes are NOT balanced (specially AA.. how can a hero with the power to wreck havoc from the fountain every 20 secs be considered balanced? it does more damage, has less CD than zeus ulti, has a great debuff and also goes through bkb and inv heroes.. also has the pushing/anti-pushing capabity of many pushing-role heroes without the need of actually go there). Clinkz doesn't need a remake, just don't go vs Lina with your amazing boots/direct buriza build. Visage was imbalanced.. now is a regular hero just requires large amount of skill to be used properly (like for example not give 300 gold every time you use your ulti), it will suffer changes on the next version for sure though. Terrorblade requires a totally different teamplay style to use it, don't whine because you don't like to play that style.. it is heroes like him that further widen DotA's versability.
Besides don't whine at balance in a map that doesn't even is intended to be stable.. a game like this with the content adding-rates that DotA has will never be totally stable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #32
Schremba
Member
 
Schremba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,345
Schremba is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyrebar- View Post
Which setup promotes DotA the best:

Replay of random pub games with random players

or

Replay of games from tournaments/leagues with players people know.

People are not interested in pub games and thats why focus is on getting DotA balanced on a more competetive level of play.
Why should IceFrog care who promotes? I works independent, does not gain any money, so why should he care about such things? And I think DotA needs not much advertising, there are already enough player playing it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #33
wutwat
Member
 
wutwat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,914
wutwat is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

yeah, why should he care about dota at all?

well, obviously he does. and he tries to balance it as good as he can.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #34
H3ndriX
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 90
H3ndriX is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

LoL say hello to calminho, the accidental troll

toasting in epic bread
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #35
Anubyse
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 200
Anubyse is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Oh NOes!

Another URsa BOB THread!

Excuse me TS, But wut is sinchiro?
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Anubyse; 01-08-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #36
emo.boy
Member
 
emo.boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Iran
Posts: 239
emo.boy is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

dota have more than 200,000 players online in garena right now!

and have about 20.000.000 player in garena so I think dota is more popular even more than world of warcraft!

but they dont join playdota.com most of the play dota users are battle.net players

I dont know why they dont join our comunity but you can join garena to see them live!

and I agree with this dota is well balance now in items but some heroes need to buff , nerf

in my point of view pugna the oblivion need buff , visage really need to remake/buff again

and some heroes need little nerf like ursa , Ancient Apparition
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #37
Manta
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Scourge Int tavern
Posts: 1,134
Blog Entries: 4
Manta is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

tl;dr lol (but I actually read it)

6.65 is a content map so deal with it.

Also you have so many fails. So many.
__________________
*insert any count here*
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #38
NHP54
Member
 
NHP54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Everett, Wash.
Posts: 1,089
NHP54 is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schremba View Post
Imo the only problem DotA currently has is that there can't be a fair situation between balanced Pub heroes and balanced League heroes. When I watch the balance threads, I often see people who want to buff heroes which totally rape in Pubs, but are not picked in the League. I only play Pubs (I stated the reasons for this already in other threads, I won't tell them again) and I often think 'Why the hell was this hero buffed again?' and of course I already know the answer. And of course I know that you can't compare a random Pub game with an organized League game. But the fact is that Pub players are also DotA players, and I think it isn't fair to only have an eye on the Leagues.
Sigh, the focus should be on the better competitive games because having a strong end product is better than having a mediocre starting one. What I mean is this - many players, though they will never play in really high level games, often at least learn how to play "proper" DoTA, which better DoTA games consist of once people reach these levels. When the last stage is intricate, yet rewarding to play, the overall game experience is thus improved for the lower versions.

However, the issue with lower level games involves the nature of pubs being sloppy games in general. Many players can have an idea of how to play, but key things that separate them from the advanced players (teamwork, warding, counter-warding and whatnot) are not as emphasized. This is why many pub games can be won with joke lineups and item builds because the quality of players leans toward the weaker side. The advanced elements of the game are right there - it just takes some dedication to learn how to use them effectively, thus allowing players to move up in the food chain.
__________________
Butch T. Cougar thinks you should ...

Check out my hero suggestion.

Goliath the Guardian Golem
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by NHP54; 01-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:45 PM   #39
lowskie
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1
lowskie is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

ummmm first time i played dota was 3.39 thats a long time ago but anyways ursa needs to be nerf a tad and slark as well in good hands i hate these 2 characters
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #40
Niaz
Member
 
Niaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the top score
Posts: 401
Niaz is offline
Default Re: The problems of DOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilike View Post
To long... Readed 80%, dont see any point. Most users wont read this. Nothing is perfect (thinking of games). Let me know if there is a non imba game. (poker dont counts )) )
Chess
__________________
/
Because I can
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat


Forum Jump

Thread Tools