Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
Zangetsu2201

Default [List]Hero names origin

Hero names origin

Out of boredom, curiosity and fascination, I decided to search for the meaning of every hero's name and share them with the rest of the community. The following list provides information about the origin and meaning of some hero names, with links for more information (where it was needed). The list is not complete, as I couldn't find anything for some names and, on top of that, I don't even remember the campaign very well to know all the heroes whose name originate from it. So, feel free to contribute to the list by providing more info and correcting possible mistakes. Enjoy!

Legend  
! No information found;
(?) Unsure if the information provided is the right one;

Kunkka / Daelin Proudmoore, The Admiral The name "Kunkka" comes from the DeviantART account of Kendrick Lim, the one who has created the load screen since the 6.50 version. See here. The name "Daelin Proudmoore" is taken from the campaign.
Rexxar, the Beastmaster Name taken from the Campaign;
Bradwarden, the Centaur Warchief Bradwarden is a name of a centaur in "The Demon Spirit", the second book in the first "DemonWars" trilogy, written by R.A. Salvatore. See here;
Raigor Stonehoof, the Earthshaker "Stonehoof" is composed from the words "stone" and "hoof", whereas stone symbolizes strength and toughness of the hero model;
Purist Thunderwrath, the Omniknight A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences. See here;
Mangix, the Pandaren Brewmaster Name taken from the TFT bonus campaign;
Sven, the Rogue Knight Sven-Ole Thorsen is the name of an wrestler whose catch phrase was "I will pump you up!", which can be seen in the description of his skills. See here;
Tiny, the Stone Giant The name may come from a boss in the "Secret of Evermore" game, who fights by throwing goblins and has the appearance of a giant. See here;
Cairne Bloodhoof, the Tauren Chieftain Name taken from the campaign.
Rooftrellen, the Treant Protector !
Razzil Darkbrew, the Alchemist Name taken from the campaign;
Rigwarl, the Bristleback !
Rattletrap, the Clockwerk Goblin Rattletrap = something worn out, rickety, or rattling;
Knight Davion, the Dragon Knight !
Magnus, the Magnataur "Magnus" is the Latin for "great", it also is an effect in physics, which fits his theme. See here;
Huskar, the Sacred Warrior !
Crixalis, the Sand King Derived from the word "chrysalis", the pupal stage of a butterfly. See here;
Barathrum, the Spiritbreaker In Latin, Barathrum means "Abyss" or "Under World";
Leviathan, the Tide Hunter A leviathan is a legendary, large, sea monster. See here;
Mogul Kahn, the Axe Genghis Khan is the founder of the Mongol empire and a "mogul" is a member of said empire. See here;
Nessaj, the Chaos Knight "Nessaj" was one of Naz's (previous TDA admin) gaming handle;
Lucifer, the Doom Bringer Lucifer, in Christian beliefs, is the name of the Archangel that was banished from Heaven because he compared himself with God. See here;
N'aix, the Lifestealer !
Abaddon, the Lord of Avernus In St. John's "Revelation", Abaddon is the king of tormenting locusts and the angel of the bottomless pit. See here;
Banehallow, the Lycanthrope Name taken from the campaign;
Balanar, the Night Stalker !
Azgalor, the Pit Lord Name taken from the campaign;
Pudge, the Butcher Pudge = an adjective for a short, fat person;
King Leoric, the Skeleton King Name taken from Diablo. See here;
Slardar, the Slithereen Guard !
Dirge, the Undying A dirge is a somber song expressing mourning or grief, such as would be appropriate for performance at a funeral. See here;
Magina, the Anti-Mage !
Kardel Sharpeye, the Swarven Sniper "Kardel" may be derived from the indonesian word "kardil" which means "dwarf". "Sharpeye" is a term used to describe a very good vision and attention to details, mandatory for a sniper;
Yurnero, the Juggernaut !
Syllabear, the Lone Druid Hero named after Syl-lab-le, from clan TDA, one of the developers who worked with Guinsoo. Before retiring, he created this hero;
Luna Moonfang, the Moon Rider "Luna" is Latin for "moon" and "Moonfang" is composed from the words "moon" and "fang", reference to the hero's theme and model;
Morphling, the Morphling To morph = to transform, to change form. Also, the name may come from a character in the trading cards game Magic: The Gathering, who had some sort of a morphing ability. See here;
Slithice, the Naga Siren A "slith" is a fantastic snake-like creature which resembles the Naga Siren's model. Even though the notion of "slith" is present in many multiverses, such as M:tG and Star Wars, I have no idea of its mythological provenience;
Azwraith, the Phantom Lancer Explained in the hero's background story. See here;
Mirana Nightshade, the Priestess of the Moon Mirana is the tiger of Multan fort that killed the king of Mongols (in the Mongol folklore). "Nightshade" is composed from the words "night" and "shade", most likely a reference to her ult. See here;
Rikimaru, the Stealth Assassin Is the name of a ninja in the video game Tenchu: Stealth Assassins. See here;
Jah'Rakal, the Troll Warlord Jah'rakal means "Blinding axe" in troll language, as explained in his background story. See here;
Gondar, the Bounty Hunter !
Traxex, the Drow Ranger !
Darkterror, the Faceless Void Composed from the words "dark" and "terror", symbolizes the power of this hero;
Meepo, the Geomancer A kobold NPC from a low level adventure, Wizards of the Coast's Sunless Citadel. See here;
Razor, the Lightning Revenant Razor could mean a whole lot of things, however, none of them is connected to lightnings, so it's safe to assume it refers to the bladed tool;
Medusa, the Gorgon In Greek mythology, Medusa is one of the three Gorgons. See here;
Lanaya, the Templar Assassin !
Ulfsaar, the Ursa Warrior !
Shendelzare Silkwood, the Vengeful Spirit !
Slark, the Murloc Nightcrawler A murloc-like creature in World of Warcraft. See here;
Strygwyr, the Bloodseeker !
Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher !
Black Arachnia, the Broodmother "Arachnia" derives from the term "arachnidae", the class in which all spiders are included. The "black" part might be a reference to the black widow, a lethal species of spiders. See here;
Anub'arak, the Nerubian Assassin Name taken from the campaign;
Anub'seran, the Nerubian Weaver !
Mortred, the Phantom Assassin Derived from "Mordred", the illegitimate brother of King Arthur, a traitor who fought him in the Battle of Calmann, where he was killed. See here;
Nevermore, the Shadow Fiend The name may come from the poem "The Raven", by Edgar Allan Poe, in which the word "nevermore" appears quite often. Also, the words "shadow" and "fiend", which represent the hero class, are also present in the poem. See here;
Terrorblade, the Soul Keeper Name taken from the campaign;
Mercurial, the Specter Most likely, it comes from the DeviantART account of Kenneth Tan, the person who made the 6.28-6.32 loadscreen. See here;
Lesale Deathbringer, the Venomancer In French, "sale" means "dirty", "horrible", "foul" etc. and "le" is the article. "Deathbringer", composed from the words "death" and "bringer" emphasizes the poison theme of the hero;
Viper, the Netherdrake A viper is a snake in the Viperidae family, obvious reference to the poison theme of the hero. See here;
Rylai Crestfall, the Crystal Maiden !
Aiushtha, the Enchantress !
Puck, the Fairy Dragon Puck is a mythological fairy or mischievous nature sprite. See here;
Chen, the Holy Knight !
Ezalor, the Keeper of the Light !
Zeus, the Lord of Olympia In Greek mythology, Zeus is the supreme god and also the God of lightning. See here;
Furion, the Prophet Name derived from the campaign;
Nortrom, the Silencer !
Lina Inverse, the Slayer Lina Inverse is the main character in the "Slayers" anime. See here;
Raijin Thunderkeg, the Storm Spirit In Japanese mythology, Raijin is a god of thunder and lightning. "Thunderkeg" is composed from the words "thunder" and "keg", referring to the theme of this hero and the theme of the original Panda. See here;
Alleria, the Windrunner Name taken from the W2 campaign. See here;
Jin'Zakk, the Batrider In WoW, warlord Jin'zakk is the ruler of Zul'Aman and rules from the Shrine of Ula-Tek. See here;
Squee, Splee and Spoon, the Goblin Techies The whole name is composed from three random words starting with the letter "s" (one for each goblin), for comic relief. "Squee" refers to a goblin from the trading card games Magic: The Gathering; "Spleen" is the name of an organ found in all vertebrate animals; "Spoon" is the name of an utensil used for eating;
Kael, the Invoker Name derived from the campaign;
Visage, the Necro'lic Visage is a noun which means "face", usually with reference to shape and features. It fits the Necro'lic's shapeless and grotesque model ;
Aggron Stonebreaker, the Ogre Magi The name may come from the slang word "aggro", also Aggron is a rock type Pokémon. See here."Stonebreaker", composed from the words "stone" and "breaker" denotes great strength;
Dazzle, the Shadow Priest (?)To dazzle = to cause someone to lose clear vision, especially from intense light;(?)
Rhasta, the Shadow Shaman May be a reference to the "Rastafari movement", a monotheistic, religious movement that arose in Jamaica. See here;
Boush, the Tinker Is the name of a beta-tester;
Leshrac the Malicious, the Tormented Soul Leshrac is a character in "Magic: The Gathering" trading card game. See here;
Jakiro, the Two-headed Dragon !
Vol'jin, the Witch Doctor Name taken from the campaign;
Kaldr, the Ancient Apparition The pronunciation of the word "Kaldr" is very similar to that of the word "colder" which describes the hero's theme very well;
Atropos, the Bane Elemental In Greek mythology, Atropos was one of the three Moirae, goddesses of fate and destiny. See here;
Ish'Kafel, the Dark Seer !
Krobelus, the Death Prophet (?)A sorcerer in the "Summoner 2" game. See here;(?)
Lion, the Demon Witch The name may simply be a refernce to the hero's power, considering the fact that the lion is called "king of the beasts";
Darchrow, the Enigma !
Kel'Thuzad, the Lich Name taken from the campaign;
Rotund'jere, the Necrolyte !
Pugna, the Oblivion "Pugna" is the Latin for "war", "battle";
Harbinger, the Obsidian Destroyer A harbinger is a sign of things to come, similar to an omen. See here. It was also one of the gaming handles of Harby, an active beta tester;
Akasha, the Queen of Pain In "The Vampire Chronicles", written by Anne Rice, Akasha is the first vampire created. See here;
Demnok Lanniik, the Warlock !
Last edited by Zangetsu2201; 05-04-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
LulzYeah
Banned

Default Re: [List]Hero names origin
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

There is a thread about this a year ago IIRC. Try searching it. It not only covers up the origin of heroes, but also items.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
javaer

恩恩~~~支持你了~~很全面,很不错哦~~

学习了~~!

Xixi
Old 03-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
Zangetsu2201

^ My knowledge of Chinese = 0. However, Google Translate says: "恩恩 ~ ~ ~ to support you, ~ ~ very comprehensive, very nice oh ~ ~

Study of the ~ ~!", so I guess it's a supportive comment, thanks! (:
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
dominator02

Steam: Dominator IV

Items and background story has origin.I search it soon.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
AceOfJokers

Puck was a character in Shakespear's - A Midsummer Night's Dream iirc
Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Zangetsu2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix View Post
Puck was a character in Shakespear's - A Midsummer Night's Dream iirc
Yes, you are right, but I searched for the most likely meaning of the name. In some cases, I found a lot more possible meanings, but some of them were very unlikely (e.g. for Razor, if you search on wikipedia, you'll find a lot of crap... )
Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #8
Koziolek

Nice find man.

Icefrog really likes those references huh.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
killerlot12

I am pretty sure kael is the same kael from the campaign. Also Magnus is related to magnetism which is related to his ulti.

pretty sure sven is a wrestler or body builder or something whos catch phrase was something to do with 'pumped up' which is described in his skills.

again anubarak is the same anubarak that lead arthas through the spider kingdom to the frozen throne in the campaign.
Last edited by killerlot12; 03-18-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #10
Anti-Xenophobe

Anub'arak and Kael are campaign heroes.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #11
Zangetsu2201

^ Added. Thanks, as I've said, I don't remember the campaign very well...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #12
Protocol123

Alleria Windrunner is the name of a hero in the old, old Warcraft II - Beyond the Dark Portal.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
Myself

For slardar I'm not sure about his name but as for Slithereen guard it can refer to either the verb slither which as you might guess is the movement snake like creatures do or it might refer to Slytherin from the Harry Potter books.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #14
excelsior

Good list, I enjoyed reading them I'll help some out, not sure if they are correct though

Anub'arak originates from the Warcraft III: Frozen Throne campaign as many have known him as the traitor King of Nerubian Empire.

Mortred could be a name derived from the Latin word "morte" which means death.

Alleria's name came from Warcraft lore Alleria Windrunner, Sylvanas' sister whose location is yet unknown even in the present WotLK era, she's presumably missing in Draenor(Outlands) with her hubby Turalyon. I hope she plays a big role in WoW next expansion Cataclysm.

Kael is a shortname for Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider - wc3 TFT campaign.

Vol'jin is also from wc3 campaign, he's currently Thrall's trusty right hand man. He has a sick looking mohawk too. He'll play a big role in the upcoming WoW Cataclysm expansion where the trolls will retake their hometown Echo Isles.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #15
javaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu2201 View Post
^ My knowledge of Chinese = 0. However, Google Translate says: "恩恩 ~ ~ ~ to support you, ~ ~ very comprehensive, very nice oh ~ ~

Study of the ~ ~!", so I guess it's a supportive comment, thanks! (:
yes! u are right!

Support you! Studying!

Xixi
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #16
rulikkk

I think Magnus has much to deal with
Magnus effect (physics) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia
Probablym, named after german physicist and chemist H.G. Magnus.
The Magnus-effect explains (for example) why some particles (suppose sugar) gather in the centre of the cup, if the water is rotating == much in common with his ultimate.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
Zangetsu2201

^Added. Also, if "Anub'arak" is taken from the campaign, is it safe to assume the same for "Anub'seran"?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
Linism

If you read the Hero story for Azwraith you get a really cheesey explanation why he's called that...

Quote:
Although his true name is unknown to his allies, Azwraith's assigned name tells you enough. Like the Angel of Death, Azrael, he fights to rid the world of those who choose to embrace undeath.
I'm guessing PL didn't think Azillusion wasn't a catchy enough name and went with Azwraith.

And isn't Syllabear a tribute to a player/developer or something?

Rhasta is probably an allusion to Rastas/Rastafari movement (what with the Jamaican accent and the stereotype that Jamaican accent = voodoo master).
Last edited by Linism; 03-18-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
Protocol123

Also, unless it's pure coincidence I'd be willing to bet that Puck, the Fairy Dragon is a partial reference to the famous 60's song Puff, the Magic Dragon.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #20
Baconnaise

Nice list, you obviously spent a lot of time on it's partial completion. Just a note, if you look at obsidian destroyer's name it's Harbinger not HarbRinger.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #21
Zangetsu2201

Thanks to all above posts.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
MonkeyEx

nice finding you got there..
anyway, the name for Kunkka has been changed to Daelin Proudmoore, the admiral from campaign, father of Jaina Proudmoore..

to fix your confusion on Visage
Visage | Define Visage at Dictionary.com
Visage: appearance..probably, some kind of mystic appearance if you can tell it

I believe Boush was derived from melee maps...

for venomancer, his last name already tell it, deathbringer

I believe, Lion just simply comes to symbolize the might and power of such witch
Last edited by MonkeyEx; 03-18-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
Zenerik

Quote:
Mortred could be a name derived from the Latin word "morte" which means death.
This, and Mortred could refer to Mordred:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Mordred or Modred (Welsh: Medraut, Medrod, etc.) is a character in the Arthurian legend, known as a notorious traitor who fought King Arthur at the Battle of Camlann, where he was killed and Arthur fatally wounded. Tradition varies on his relationship to Arthur, but he is best known today as Arthur's illegitimate son by his half-sister Morgause.
Fit her traitorous role as she is the murderer of her sister Shendelzare Silkwood - who later become the Vengeful Spirit. So, to sum it up; "Morte" and "Mordred" -> "The traitor who brought death" ?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:42 AM   #24
Zangetsu2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk_T4nkR View Post
nice finding you got there..
anyway, the name for Kunkka has been changed to Daelin Proudmoore, the admiral from campaign, father of Jaina Proudmoore..

Yes, he sometimes uses "Daelin Proudmoore" too (he actually has 4 names), but I think that "Kunkka" is his real name and all others are fun names...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #25
godzbane
Banned

Quote:
Yes, he sometimes uses "Daelin Proudmoore" too (he actually has 4 names), but I think that "Kunkka" is his real name and all others are fun names...
Daelin is his real name. In ladder, he is Jaina Proudmoore's dad [Rylai]. Kunkka is an artist who paints for DotA.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #26
Zangetsu2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzbane View Post
Daelin is his real name. In ladder, he is Jaina Proudmoore's dad [Rylai]. Kunkka is an artist who paints for DotA.
I meant in DotA, the difference between names and fun names, the latter have a certain chance (10%, IIRC) to appear, but I'm not in the mood for picking 100 Admirals and see how many of them are named "Kunkka", "Daelin Proudmoore", "CoCo" and "Captain Obvious". Besides, the name on this site is also "Kunkka", so I guess that's the actual name in game...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #27
GoD_Tyr

Bradwarden, the Centaur Warchief - Centaur character (centaur king I think) from Forgotten realms R.A. Salvatore book - The Demon Spirit pt.2 ~ Demon Wars

That`s all I could discern from this huge list.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #28
Lordshinjo

Quote:
I meant in DotA, the difference between names and fun names, the latter have a certain chance (10%, IIRC) to appear, but I'm not in the mood for picking 100 Admirals and see how many of them are named "Kunkka", "Daelin Proudmoore", "CoCo" and "Captain Obvious". Besides, the name on this site is also "Kunkka", so I guess that's the actual name in game...
Quote:
Propernames=Daelin Proudmoore,Daelin Proudmoore,Kunkka,CoCo,Daelin Proudmoore,Captain Obvious,Kunkka,Kunkka,Daelin Proudmoore
4/9 chance of getting Daelin Proudmoore
3/9 chance of getting Kunkka
1/9 chance of getting Captain Obvious
1/9 chance of getting CoCo

Old 03-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #29
dominator02

Steam: Dominator IV

There are heroes who had their title has origin like Yurnero's title Juggernaut.there are also have 2 or more origins.

Juggernaut
A juggernaut ( American pronunciation (helpˇinfo)) is a term used to describe a literal or metaphorical force regarded as unstoppable. It is often applied to a large machine or collectively to a team or group of people working together, and often bears association with crushing or being physically destructive.

Ursa
The name ursa comes from two constellations called Ursa major and Ursa minor, it means great bear and smaller bear. There is an old greek myth about zeus screwing around with a nymph, and therefore she was transformed into a bear of one of the other gods. She had a son, and to make a long story short, they got into some problems so Zeus placed them among the stars to keep them safe.

Aiushtha the Enchantress
Aiushtha is a dryad. Dryads are female tree spirits in Greek mythology. They are known to live long, therefore she has the Natures Attendants, and her untouchable ultimate. Enchantress, a female spellcaster, practitioner of magic, user of enchantment(a magical spell that is attached, on a relatively-permanent basis)

Nevermore the Shadow Fiend
Lord Bronislaw Nevermore is the main character in Agneta Pleijel's Novel "Lord Nevermore", a swedish novel. Also, in the poem "The Raven" By Edgar Allen Poe, the words "Nevermore", "Shadow" and "Fiend" is mentioned. Which is the more relevant I do not know.

Slithice the Naga Siren
Sirens are greek myth sea-units, who lived on a rock-island, and was known for their song who drow sailors to them, to have their boats crushed into the rocks. therefor her ultimate: song of the sirens.

Rhasta the Shadow Shaman
Shamanism refers to a range of traditional beliefs and practices similar to Animism that claim the ability to diagnose and cure human suffering and, in some societies, the ability to cause suffering.

Bradwarden the Centaur Warchief
In Greek mythology, the centaurs are a race of creatures composed of part human and part horse. They are know for their great strenght they gain from the horse. Bradwarden is a centaur from D.A. Salvatore's book "The Demon Spirit". (thx to Grujah)

Magina
Magina is a word "vagina".

Banehallow the Lycanthrope
In folklore, lycanthropy is the ability or power of a human being to undergo transformation into a wolf, also know as a werewolf. The term was first seen in greek mythology where Lycaon, a king of Arcadia who was turned into a ravenous wolf in retribution for attempting to serve human flesh (his own son) to visiting Zeus in an attempt to disprove the god's divinity.

Pugna the Oblivion
Pugna is a latin word for war or fight. Oblivion is the condition or quality of being completely forgotten; the opposite of celebrity .

Jakiro The Twin headed Dragon
In Norse mythology, Níđhöggr (Malice Striker, often anglicized Nidhogg) is a dragon who eats the roots of the World Tree, Yggdrasill. Compared to the text written in the tavern, that tells us the story of Jakiro, there is not much doubt that the insperation came from Nidhogg.

Taken from:Dota Allstars.com->Origin of name and creatures in Dota.
but some of them are googled it.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
godzbane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator02 View Post
Ursa
The name ursa comes from two constellations called Ursa major and Ursa minor, it means great bear and smaller bear. There is an old greek myth about zeus screwing around with a nymph, and therefore she was transformed into a bear of one of the other gods. She had a son, and to make a long story short, they got into some problems so Zeus placed them among the stars to keep them safe.
Ursa means bear. Which he is.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #31
Kalikka

I started a Nessaj thread some time ago and someone there told me that Jassen, backwards from Nessaj, is a name of froggie's irl friend. I have no evidence of this, however, so you might wanna put those question marks on that fact if you're gonna add it

Quote:
Originally Posted by casczxc View Post
the nearest when you attack the ground it attacks the nearest that's the same with deathward
deathward attack the ground
^What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0dzbane View Post
Wow, that's such a silly idea and I'm feeling smart because I dissed you. This is not lord of the rings.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #32
GoD_Tyr

Dragon knight is character from fantasy novels by Gordon R. Dickson. Man who ventured from out world into different one where dragons & magic were normality.

The first few pages of The Dragon Knight immediately unearths to the reader Jim a 'magical account' that he had gained not only through entry into the magical world, but by defeating the Dark Powers in the first book. As his account grew stagnant, it automatically released itself in a manner that inconveniently turns him back into a dragon, due to dragon form being the last use of magic directly associated with him. Jim enlists an apprenticeship under master Mage Carolinus to learn how to control this newfound power. Jim finds himself in the conflicting societal roles of Baron in direct fiefdom to the English crown, as an upstanding member of a local community of dragons, and an apprentice in magic as well. These three do tend to conflict at times, resulting in journeys of self-discovery and personal growth of the main character. Additionally, his deeds are such that the local dragons come to accept him as one of their own. - quoted from Wikipedia
Old 03-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #33
Bloody_Wolf

Lanaya is the non-playable character in Dragon Age V: Origins..
She is one of Dalish elf who later becomes a chief of the clan..

ALL HAILS BLOODY WOLF!
Credits to Daily_Vitamin to the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
If anyone even thinks of remaking Pudge I'm going to feed them their own anus.
Wanna duel with your allies?? Click here!!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #34
Zangetsu2201

Can you provide links? It's hard to search for all these things...
Last edited by Zangetsu2201; 03-19-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #35
Shatterman
Banned

sven comes from a swedish body builder whos catch phrase was "I am here to pump you up". His ultimate tooltip aswell as the tooltip of his old aura refer to this
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #36
SpicyMcCheese

Akasha - One of the 5 elements from Hindu stuff, i forgot and she is one of the character from Queen of the Damned book written by Anne Rice

Azwraith - FInal Fantasy

Rikimaru - Tenchu
Old 03-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #37
Zangetsu2201

^ PL's model and icon are inspired from FF X, but his name isn't. In Final Fantasy, his name was Kimahri Ronso, IIRC...
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 AM   #38
Lordshinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Wolf View Post
Lanaya is the non-playable character in Dragon Age V: Origins..
She is one of Dalish elf who later becomes a chief of the clan..
Since DotA's Lanaya predates Dragon Age by a few years, I don't think so...

Old 03-19-2010, 12:39 AM   #39
DarkMedina

Rattletrap is Tinker's name at wc3.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:40 AM   #40
コクーン
Banned

Nice list. ^.^
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat