Originally Posted by Kris
People need to understand that just because blood gives 4hp/sec that does not mean that it remotely counteracts armlets 35hp/sec. Unless your team is: Tide Puck DS Dk Wl people are not going to simpily stand around for you to hit them in a fight and they will stun you netting an extra 70-135 damage on you that is essentially pure.
Armlet excels in doing about two things:
1. running from heroes without Stuns/Dots since you can just tap it for a large Hp boost from time to time
2. auto attacking retards
3. farming neut camps without ever having to go back (even though you can already do this with HOTD)
1.blood's 4hp/sec doesn't counter armlet's 35 degen per sec, but it saves you the hassle of returning back to fountain to regen after using it which is very important in the game because you can then spend that time continuing to farm/nc/do whatever shit you want (because armlet pulls down your hp almost always after using it)
2. sure they stun you and shit but if you're not fighting 1v3 the hp boost from armlet (475 if im not wrong) will almost always give you surplus hp (unless you go on long chases)
3. people aren't going to stand around so if you have no stuns and you are melee form, hence forcing you to go on long chases hence making the armlet degen become disastrous, then yea armlet sucks. but dk happens to have a 3.25 second melee stun meaning when you turn it on, you know you're going to get at least 4~5 hits in. add in the fact that you have ranged form and thats a lot more hits for dk.
4. also, when you assume people aren't retards who let you auto attk, you probably should assume that the person playing dk isn't a retard who ganks without teamates to support him.
now onto your points.
your first point: that point is EXTREMELY situational and rarely ever happens. i seriously doubt anyone getting armlet considers getting the item because "LOL I CAN SUDDENLY GET A LARGE HP BOOST". its like saying "quellin blade excels in allowing you to cut out of furion's sprout"
your second point: when you assume people aren't retards who let you auto attk, you probably should assume that the person playing dk isn't a retard who ganks without teamates to support him.that aside, dk has a ranged form and a 3.25 second melee stun meaning when you turn it on, you know you're going to get at least 4~5 hits in and probably a lot more if you're not retarded and have teamates supporting you.
your third point: i don't get this point. armlet allows you to do that? funny, evertime i turn on armlet, even if my target doesn't hit back, i find myself with less hp than before. i'm guessing its due to the degen but maybe it works the other way for you.
it makes a lot more sense if you say that, due to dragon blood, you can use armlet to nc without every going back because the degen is easily regenerated by your dragon blood.
armlet doesn't excel for any of the 3 points you stated.
armlet excels for dk because he makes use of all of its bonuses, dragon blood helps him to use armlet without needing to go back to the fountain everytime he uses it, and also because he has ranged form and a 3.25 melee stun which minimizes the possibility of long, drawn-out chases wheere the degen damage accumulates