Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
Piejonk

Guide Writing Award 

Default Top 10 Heroes of 6.67

So, I was bored and I thought it would be interesting to create this thread. I will attempt to list the 10 top ten heroes of the 6.67 map based on personal experience, a bit of knowledge and statistics. All statistics are taken from the dota-league website so although they aren't exact, we can still get a general idea from them. Remember the list is also based on my personal opinion so don't worry too much if you don't totally agree with me. Also I didn't include Visage in the list. Anyways on to the list!

1. Vengeful Spirit

Games played: 8473
Win %: 59.3%

I think the stats greatly reflect on how powerful venge is. She is no doubt one of the best roamers in the game (if not the best). She has the easiest to land stun in the game and even though the duration isn't very long it can help set up other more hard to land stuns. Wave of Terror used to be amazing before the nerf, however it is still an excellent spell which can provide vision, and also the other bonuses it comes with are nice too. Her passive is great for carries and swap is perhaps the most annoying ultimate in the game. It can provide a big edge to the team if they manage to kill the swapped target before a clash starts. She requires almost no items do to what she is supposed to do in a game. All she needs is boots and maybe a wand and that's pretty much it! If she somehow manages to farm up a scepter through kills then she becomes very very powerful. And to add to that her spells don't cost a lot of mana so she can roam very effectively. Overall she is a great help to the team.

2. Crystal Maiden

Games played: 5780
Win %: 57.0%

There are a couple of reasons on why I ranked cm so high on the list. Like venge she is great for the team. Again, she is a very powerful roamer and her disables are easy to land. Her aura is simply amazing, and it works wonders if paired with heroes like bb, sniper, pl, etc. She is very item independent and she can work in a roaming/ganking or babysitter role. Just a very good hero overall.

3. Storm Spirit

Games played: 5907
Win %: 50.2%

I think the stats are a bit misleading for storm. A good storm can be extremely hard to deal with. A storm that isn't counterpicked can be very effective. Farming is easy due to your 4 sec cd nuke. Chasing is relatively easy due to your passive. Storm has an excellent disable as well. His ultimate is by far the best though, makes him very hard to kill, and makes him a great ganker/chaser.A storm with an early guinsoo or bloodstone can win the game for the team.

4. Nerubian Assasin

Games played: 3304
Win %: 48.1%

With the addition of scarabs to na's skill set he has become the strongest ganker in the game (after level 6). His scarabs provided everything which he didn't have, free scouting, an extra disable, and even some more dps that can be used to finish off the opponent. He can also be very annoying in the laning phase with his mana burn and also with his scarabs. Sure, he becomes worse later game, but if he ganks enough early game he can screw up a team very badly.

5. Ursa Warrior

Games played: 3676
Win %: 59.1%

I consider Ursa to be the best carry/semi-carry in the game. Why? First off he can pull off a ton of DPS in under 2 seconds with his Overpower/Enrage combo. Add an allied disabler in there and Ursa will have a great time killing heroes. He can rosh very quickly, and he also has an excellent time last hitting in the lane with the help of fury swipes. Once he gets his dagger/lothar he can be used as a "surprisebuttsecs" hero (like tiny). He is powerful in all stages in the game and he can still carry very well.

6. Slithereen Guard

Games played: 4998
Win %: 51.6%

Even though slardar is considered imbalanced by a lot of people I feel that he is ok. He is powerful and still a top pick though. His stun is great, the AOE is nice, the duration is good, and the slow afterwards is very nice. Sprint is nice for chasing or escaping, as not many heroes can catch you easily. Bash makes him scale better into the late game. Amplify Damage is amaing for countering invisible-dependent heroes such as gondar or riki. Once slardar has some farm he can really destroy a team if he has enough support behind him. Again one of the best semi carries/carries of the game.

7. Priestess of the Moon

Games played: 10121
Win %: 52.5%

PotM is no doubt, the most overused hero in DotA. There is good reason behind it though, she is incredibly fun to play and she can be a powerful hero in the right hands. Her high damage nuke combo makes her a very good early game ganker/killer. Starfall is a great farming skill. Elune's Arrow, although sometimes hard to land is by far the best single target stun in the game. Leap makes Mirana very hard to kill. Her ultimate has great utility, and it can be used for saving heroes or even engaging the opposing team by popping out of nowhere! You get a lot of satisfaction in playing mirana, especially if you land a lot of nice arrows. She works great as a ganker/semi carry.

8. Tidehunter

Games played: 7148
Win %: 55.8%

Tidehunter is always an amazing addition to the team. The main reason why he is chosen is because of his ultimate. It his incredibly easy to land, and unless to other team manages to burst you down in time (chances are they won't), you will be able to cast it and wreak havoc on the other team. His Gush is also great as a chasing/ganking skill and it makes him a great roamer early on. His Krakken Shell passive is very useful as it lets him cast his ultimate pretty much no matter what. His other passive is useful, but not as much but I guess there is a balance to be kept by Icefrog. He is very item independent and he is the best initiator in the game.

9. Phantom Lancer

Games played: 3750
Win %: 51.6%

Phantom Lancer is the most annoying carry in the game. He starts off rather weak but once he gets that clutch Radiance or Diffusal he becomes a monster. His lance is a powerful chasing and image creating tool. Doppelwalk is the skill that makes him very hard to kill even with dust. Later on in the game his images can be very confusing and they give him a lot of DPS. Phantom Lancer can also form some of the worst lanes, such as the dreaded kotl-pl lane. Probably the strongest late gamer if he gets his farm.

10. Witch Doctor

Games played: 6822
Win %: 54.9%

I had a hard time choosing a hero for the #10 spot but I decided to go for WD. He is incredibly powerful in the laning phase. A good WD can be very annoying and hard to deal with. His casks are great for team fights/ganks. Maledict is an awesome DoT and it is his main killing tool. His heal can be nice to the team and his ward can be a powerful damage dealer in teamfights. He is pretty item independent yet he is still effective later game (not as much as carries though).

Well that concludes my list. Here is the TL;DR version for those of you that want it.

Quote:
1. Vengeful Spirit
2. Crystal Maiden
3. Storm Spirit
4. Nerubian Assassin
5. Ursa Warrior
6. Slithereen Guard
7. Priestess of the Moon
8. Tidehunter
9. Phantom Lancer
10. Witch Doctor
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #2
4saken.Infinity

Default Re: Top 10 Heroes of 6.67

Way to pull random stats. I would like your sources and records for the number of games and win percentage please. Also, WD is definitely #1 for now.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #3
eric_anena

Thank you for posting this but I must disagree with you. CM sucks after the introduction of soul ring. No real need for the aura which also used to be better. CM can't farm either and I have personally been forced to use my ultimate (too mana expensive, and weak) just to get some creep kills.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
Moja

PotM and Ursa don't belong in this list. Maybe visage and doom?
Even lancer doesn't really belong. Sven or lion should be in his place. Or SF.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
Piejonk

Guide Writing Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4saken.Infinity View Post
Way to pull random stats. I would like your sources and records for the number of games and win percentage please. Also, WD is definitely #1 for now.
how about reading the first paragraph
Old 04-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
amount

I'm very surprised that I don't see Kunkka up there. Then again, compared to the rest of the heroes up there, he seems rather fragile in some cases. I can't fathom as to why NA is up there. Towards end game, the only spell worth using is Mana Burn. If you're sticking to Vendetta/Dagon combo, there's only so many times to can sneak on food before it starts buying defensive items.

Thanks for creating the thread, however. It gives us an inside about what our Dota professionals think about the new heroes, statistically speaking.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
SpiralAvenger

Good list, there are a lot of variations possible. I feel Kunkka could be up there too. A good Kunkka doesn't have to be in a position to get bashed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildLikEmperor View Post
Guinsoo's used to turn them into sheep but at the request of New Zealand players it was changed due to the complete mental barrier that ensured and their inability to play the game after the item was used
Old 04-21-2010, 01:28 AM   #8
SuperSheep

Steam: SuperSheep
Guide Writing Award 

I'd put Doom and Visage in there if they weren't banned from CM atm. (Wait are they still banned in CM?)
Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #9
SirDumpling

Not including visage/doom/ck/alch/aa overpowered fags (not in order):
Sven
Lion
CM
Venge
WD
Slardar
Tide
BeastMaster
NA
SF
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 AM   #10
wutwat

cell's list is better, but it lacks morphling and storm imo.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:37 AM   #11
Piejonk

Guide Writing Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moja View Post
PotM and Ursa don't belong in this list. Maybe visage and doom?
Even lancer doesn't really belong. Sven or lion should be in his place. Or SF.
perhaps but again, my opinion is involved in the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSheep View Post
I'd put Doom and Visage in there if they weren't banned from CM atm. (Wait are they still banned in CM?)
was gonna put visage in there but decided not too since hes so op, as for doom he can be very strong but sometimes hes not that great (against certain lineups)

Anyways instead of just commenting on my list why don't you guys also share your lists (like SirDumpling did)
Last edited by Piejonk; 04-21-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:07 AM   #12
Cenerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_anena View Post
Thank you for posting this but I must disagree with you. CM sucks after the introduction of soul ring. No real need for the aura which also used to be better. CM can't farm either and I have personally been forced to use my ultimate (too mana expensive, and weak) just to get some creep kills.
Having Maiden on the team means you don't need to bother spending money on the soul ring in the first place. Unless your whole team intends to make a ring, then she is still useful for her aura.

As for farming, she's a support hero. She isn't supposed to be a good farmer. And her ulti is far from weak if you can position it properly (not always easy, but very good if you can)
Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 AM   #13
MrEnzyme

Disagree with Tide's position in the list. Heroes like NA and Storm are strong, but not on the level of ridiculousness of Tide and his ulti. His ultimate is probably the best one overall in the game, and Gush is also a great nuke/slow/-armor, and kraken shell makes him a great tank/near impossible to stop. Anchor smash lets him farm his items and do decent damage lategame as well.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 AM   #14
badmafa
Banned

No Pugna = joke list.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #15
SuperSheep

Steam: SuperSheep
Guide Writing Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDumpling View Post
Not including visage/doom/ck/alch/aa overpowered fags (not in order):
Sven
Lion
CM
Venge
WD
Slardar
Tide
BeastMaster
NA
SF
What about Alchemist is overpowered? I have been trying to get good as him for ages but I always get screwed over by his low armor and physical damage self-stun.... T_T

As for my list its similar but I would put Tide and Doom higher up and maybe mix in some of Cells heroes.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:28 AM   #16
Dantx

What formula did you use for the rankings? Can you please post it?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:58 AM   #17
Jenova-

IMHO, if the source is going to be taken from -CD or -CM matches, the numbers of times a hero has been banned should be taken into account as well.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 AM   #18
Ivanns

Can someone give me the link to a list of most played heroes. I heard it was somewhere on gosugamers but I can't find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetybreak View Post
Wutwat is the nick YaphetS sometimes plays under in PDIH.

Also, not just in Finland.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 AM   #19
Moja

Dota-League: Statistics
Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #20
UTDC.Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moja View Post
Circle of Power > Troll/Geo/BB/Undying/Techies/Pudge/PA/Morph/Huskar/TB/Invoker

Staff Profile
Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #21
Moja

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDC.Justin View Post
Circle of Power > Troll/Geo/BB/Undying/Techies/Pudge/PA/Morph/Huskar/TB/Invoker
Yeah it's not the worst hero, contrary to popular belief. Circle of power has nice synergy with the team, especially in stopping pushes.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:31 AM   #22
UTDC.Justin

Actually people just like it cause it carries more items than well, their carries. Comparable to courier except courier comes with spell immunity, steroid speed boost and invulnerability. However both teams often have one on their team so it skews the results to include it.

Staff Profile
Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #23
Shadow Fury
Banned

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDC.Justin View Post
Actually people just like it cause it carries more items than well, their carries. Comparable to courier except courier comes with spell immunity, steroid speed boost and invulnerability. However both teams often have one on their team so it skews the results to include it.
Successful troll!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #24
Snake

Where's Lion, Pugna, Medusa, Beastmaster and Shadow Fiend?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 AM   #25
Jenova-

Lol circle of power needs to improve its farming a little, 30.3 naht enuff.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #26
SUperPhat

Crystal Maiden and Storm Spirit I don't agree with. The other heroes yes. Why? Crystal Maiden's presence is pretty much weakened with the new Soul Ring, other stuns can be taken in place instead of her Frostbite. She is also slow and fragile. Storm Spirit is meh, he is taken down VERY quickly in like 1 disable unlike the others.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #27
Captain Planet
Forum Staff

Steam: Bernkastel, Witch of Miracles
Guide Writing Award Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_anena View Post
You're telling me you use Freezing Field to farm...? Her first skill was good for that when I last checked
Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #28
ankit_kanoria

You missed sven and i would have ursa at the top of the list anyday man.

What are the chances of naix making in it into this list?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #29
Emo_Rules
Banned

Lol at games played by PotM
Old 04-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #30
FlopItOut99

Steam: [50%] Flop_it_out

top 10 heros

NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
Old 04-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #31
Baconnaise

Wow everyone loves their potm. Agree with most although I think Beastmaster and Lion might deserve a spot.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #32
screamdarren-

Meh. If it was me then i would create a 'Top 10 Heroes of 6.67 in 5 different situations'.

Meh. Even if some heroes excel, they still have weaknesses. VS is likely to be killed easily with tons of stuns (tiny, es)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik_V View Post
But Night Elf archers are women. Look closely they don't have boobs. They look more like secret tribes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehmster View Post
Also lets not forget about breast cancer. Itīs a serious issue.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:53 AM   #33
Uncle_Zhuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopItOut99 View Post
top 10 heros

NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
NA
Not applicable?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:58 AM   #34
screamdarren-

Imma' going to thread-copy!

Just hope that OP will be here to see this post and allow.

Quote:
But Night Elf archers are women. Look closely they don't have boobs. They look more like secret tribes.
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #35
Sonic_Stream

I always get Mortred and Terrorblade against most of the lineup and enjoys pubstomping, but non is as great as my most favourite hero, Naix!!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #36
Nivo

Nice Work.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #37
mr_squat

What about Tinker & SF?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #38
Drickosh

SF, Lion, Kunkka, Morphling to replace sladar, ursa, pl, n NA
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 PM   #39
screamdarren-

Meh, I can't stand it. I'm going to make the thread. (and watch it go down in bits of QQs!)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #40
Detect

ES is missing!?? es a good roamer and a good setter..early game roamer with a good aoe stun, he's ulti and 1st can set the clash..i think with ES there is a good percentage on winning.
  Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat