Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
daemon1129
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 106
daemon1129 is offline

Default Riki item build


Mask of Madness, then Diffusal Blade, then linken sphere for survival item.
Thoughts?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
fruta
Member
 
fruta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,980
fruta is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I heard from somewhere that Diffusal is a good orb together with Manta.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
plzonlygame
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,151
plzonlygame is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Orb stack? O_o! Make agi on him because of his backstab. Wraiths, diffusal, butterfly, possibly manta .
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
dota.rs
Member
 
dota.rs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Serbia
Posts: 353
dota.rs is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Diffusal + MoM? Funny. Just pump his dps and attack speed up.
__________________
SPAM - Stupid Pointless Annoying Message
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
greenspleen
Member
 
greenspleen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 547
greenspleen is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

U want both MoM and Diffusal?

Riki is quite squishy - MoM's not a good choice.
And orbs don't stack
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
daemon1129
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 106
daemon1129 is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Well lifesteal dont stack with feedback, but it was mainly the ias is what riki needs.
MoM's ias boost together with purge and feedback, then smoke is very effective. You will be backstabbing every 0.3 sec. Lifesteal was a bonus to help farm juggle. The reason no manta is include, is because image might block the real one from backstabbing as effective as possible when they are under smoke. Linken is optional. But normally they have gem by then, so linken can block stuns and other stuff that screw riki up. with smoke and invis, being glass cannon early is totally fine. feedback overrides lifesteal when attacking mana units, so the feedback dmg bonus is not wasted.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
fruta
Member
 
fruta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,980
fruta is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon1129 View Post
The reason no manta is include, is because image might block the real one from backstabbing as effective as possible when they are under smoke.
Smoke + diffusal is free hit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
MaDuiN
Member
 
MaDuiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Finland, Helsinki
Posts: 1,733
MaDuiN is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sounds interesting, yet, quite useless.

2WB+PT+Vladi+Diffu -> Yasha is much better IF you need that lifesteal that much, but I wouldnt get it. Your job is to sneak up on squishy heroes, and kill them asap, not survive long. If you struggle killing someone, and you have MoM effect on, anyone can just kill you with 1 spell and 2 hits.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
daemon1129
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 106
daemon1129 is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDuiN View Post
Sounds interesting, yet, quite useless.

2WB+PT+Vladi+Diffu -> Yasha is much better IF you need that lifesteal that much, but I wouldnt get it. Your job is to sneak up on squishy heroes, and kill them asap, not survive long. If you struggle killing someone, and you have MoM effect on, anyone can just kill you with 1 spell and 2 hits.
Again..Lifesteal is not the main thing here, in fact it is not needed except farming juggle. The real deal with MoM is the IAS. There are no other item early til mid game that give you that many IAS and MS. With invis and smoke, you shouldn't be getting hit at all. With high IAS and feedback AND backstab? You will be doing a hell lot of dps during early til mid late game. Then move on with other high tier items. MoM is cheap and powerful mid game, there just isn't any other cheap and cost effective agi items that give the dps riki needed to quickly take out lone heroes or in chaos.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
Baconnaise
Member
 
Baconnaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,267
Baconnaise is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Why waste the precious mana burn on diffusal? Lifeleech will override it...

PMS + wand --> Str/Agi treads (I use agi since I'm not a pussy) --> Diffusal is core.

After that Yasha ---> Manta is pretty good, so is a straight bfly if you can farm it. This may sound stupid but basher and vlads are also viable options, linken's somewhat situational but can be utilised.
__________________


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Chefsache
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 138
Chefsache is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Getting raw IAS is dumb, since you already gain Attackspeed PLUS Damage PLUS Extra-Damage via your passive through AGI.

It makes no sense at all, it's like getting a Vit Booster on Leoric. Cost effective Life-Push? Yes. Moire tanky? Yes.

But 2 Bracers do the job better.

Power Treads, Wraith Bands, Diffusal.

Get Vlads Lategame.

/edit:

By the way, why would you need lifeleech that early via MoM? You backstab, you smoke the area, you hit 'em. They don't hit you, and if they hit you after the cloud is gone, that low lifeleech (considering your low damage, since you bought MoM instead of AGI items) won't help you at all.

You need lifeleech lategame, when you lifepool, armor and damage are high enough to stand and trade hits with some of them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #12
Raviollius
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,222
Raviollius is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
With invis and smoke, you shouldn't be getting hit at all.
The problem is there. You're assuming:

- They are always alone and don't survive your first combo
- They don't have dust/ward/track/amplify etc
- They don't have enough burst damage to kill you in half a second with your +30% damage taken.

Riki is pure paper. Adding 30% more paperness because most pubs usually honor the three conditions above may not be the best choice.

Also, for Vlad users: It announces you're there because of the aura. You may as well have a Leoric in your team or something.

One last advice: DON'T BUY ETHERAL BLADE, except if your team is full of nukers(not a common scenario)... Iv'e seen like 30 rikimaru with this item in the last month...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #13
kingtipop
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 441
kingtipop is offline
Default Re: Riki item build
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviollius View Post
The problem is there. You're assuming:

- They are always alone and don't survive your first combo
- They don't have dust/ward/track/amplify etc
- They don't have enough burst damage to kill you in half a second with your +30% damage taken.

Riki is pure paper. Adding 30% more paperness because most pubs usually honor the three conditions above may not be the best choice.

Also, for Vlad users: It announces you're there because of the aura. You may as well have a Leoric in your team or something.

One last advice: DON'T BUY ETHERAL BLADE, except if your team is full of nukers(not a common scenario)... Iv'e seen like 30 rikimaru with this item in the last month...
Aura don't show up when you're invis.

Other points agreed on.
Vanguard or hood before DPS item if you feel you don't have V-god ability to kill and get away.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Thread Tools