Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
Altazen

Default Barathrum Item Build

I just need people to compare this final item build I have for Spiritbreaker.

Power Treads STR
Mask of Madness
Manta Style
Assault Cuirass
BKB
Aghanim's Scepter

How effective is it compared to your builds?

Positive and negative comments accepted.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:16 AM   #2
windstruck

Default Re: Barathrum Item Build

I prefer-
POWER TREADS
MOM
AGHANIM'S SCEPTER
ARMLET OF THE MORDIGGAN
ASSAULT CUIRASS
BKB
Old 06-12-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
Magsy<3

Try treads, urn, 2x ogre axe. That's +36 str, no joke for a ganker like Bara. You turn the axes into BKB and aga, btw.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
Zesty_Pancakes
Banned

I go treads -> vanguard -> cuirass -> sny. Makes you tanky enough to initiate without dying.

And SB's ult costs 300 mana, no point getting aghs cus u cant spam it.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
azipOp

See My Set
Old 06-12-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
Altazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magsy<3 View Post
Try treads, urn, 2x ogre axe. That's +36 str, no joke for a ganker like Bara. You turn the axes into BKB and aga, btw.
Urn... interesting.

I get Yasha because it seems to go good with Empowering Haste.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty_Pancakes View Post
I go treads -> vanguard -> cuirass -> sny. Makes you tanky enough to initiate without dying.

I seem to end up casting it up to twice in a clash thanks to aghanim's
Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #7
Altazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstruck View Post
I prefer-
POWER TREADS
MOM
AGHANIM'S SCEPTER
ARMLET OF THE MORDIGGAN
ASSAULT CUIRASS
BKB
Is it really ok to have bonus damage intake thanks to MoM, and have life degen thanks to Armlet?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #8
CraZ

How about this?
1. Treads and urn
2. Lothar
3. Hyper
4. Anything else depending on situation
He always dies after killing 1 or 2 lothar ftw

rushing for AghanimScepter early wont really help
might try for Mjonir for fun sake
Old 06-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #9
Altazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZ View Post
How about this?
1. Treads and urn
2. Lothar
3. Hyper
4. Anything else depending on situation
He always dies after killing 1 or 2 lothar ftw

rushing for AghanimScepter early wont really help
might try for Mjonir for fun sake
How does Urn work with him?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
LightburneR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altazen View Post
How does Urn work with him?
Provides +STR and some heal after ganks.

I prefer Armlet over MoM.

BKB is a must though.

Threads, Armlet, BKB, AC.

Add in Bracers/Urn where nessesary.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #11
ben

1.roh
2.threads
3. lothar
4. roh to fury/linken
5. bkb/lifesteal
6. deso
7. curiass
Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #12
ASPRY

boots and 5 hyperstone pwnz0rr!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #13
da_j0sephz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightburneR View Post

I prefer Armlet over MoM.

BKB is a must though.

Threads, Armlet, BKB, AC.

Add in Bracers/Urn where nessesary.
this. if you are pwning hard however, you will be able to squeeze in both mom + armlet and have your bkb up in time when real 5v5 clashes start ( the time when bkb shines the most).
Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
drgaliza

Guide Writing Award 

Your build is nice but take note to base your build on the current situation.
Sometimes you need to take BKB earlier when you think team clash will occur earlier and ofcourse if they have lots of disables. Why would you buy BKB if there no really threat from opposing team.

try powerthreads, mom, and blademail..
(try to be aggressive> hope to get 1st blood > rush threads > gank > mom > more gank >blademail/BKB> vitality booster > reaver > heart > hyperstone > try to end the game or else enemies can catch up > cuirass > anything beyond you will probably lose ^_^) ***barathrum is a good initiator in ganking but not in team clashes. try to enter in between unless you think your beefy enough and have heart of T.)

Barathrum is more effective being a non-stop ganker early-mid. That is why rushing threads and mom is very effective for this purpose. We all know that if we let them farm, hard carries will own you all.

Lastly pick your enemies to kill and to avoid. Barathrum is a monster 1v1 but do note some can own you 1v1. Blademail can help you win 1v1 mid game vs these types of opponents (turn on blademail they attack they die, they dont attack they die.-intimidation is a key). That is why you need to gank to kill then farm non-stop to outlevel your opponents. Also try not to die, so bring town portals for emergency escape. Always ask for allies help if needed.

All in all, nice build.

Dr.Galiza
Last edited by drgaliza; 06-12-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
Altazen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgaliza View Post
Your build is nice but take note to base your build on the current situation.
Sometimes you need to take BKB earlier when you think team clash will occur earlier and ofcourse if they have lots of disables. Why would you buy BKB if there no really threat from opposing team.

try powerthreads, mom, and blademail..
(try to be aggressive> hope to get 1st blood > rush threads > gank > mom > more gank >blademail/BKB> vitality booster > reaver > heart > hyperstone > try to end the game or else enemies can catch up > cuirass > anything beyond you will probably lose ^_^) ***barathrum is a good initiator in ganking but not in team clashes. try to enter in between unless you think your beefy enough and have heart of T.)

Barathrum is more effective being a non-stop ganker early-mid. That is why rushing threads and mom is very effective for this purpose. We all know that if we let them farm, hard carries will own you all.

Lastly pick your enemies to kill and to avoid. Barathrum is a monster 1v1 but do note some can own you 1v1. Blademail can help you win 1v1 mid game vs these types of opponents (turn on blademail they attack they die, they dont attack they die.-intimidation is a key). That is why you need to gank to kill then farm non-stop to outlevel your opponents. Also try not to die, so bring town portals for emergency escape. Always ask for allies help if needed.

All in all, nice build.
I've seen 2 suggestions to use Urn. Why is that?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #16
LightburneR

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightburneR View Post
Urn is pretty much the item for any ganker that needs STR. (basically, everyone)

There is not much difference between Urn and Bracers for him. It depends on the situation. (ie If I can manage successful ganks but I'm low on HP after said ganks, I get Urn; If my early/mid game is bad, I go Bracers)

But yes, Urn is handy for him and many other heros.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #17
pipser

Get bottle instead of urn, he can utilize the runes well unlike percentage based mana regen or the free salves that other heroes could carry.

And full inventory of high tier items is not very realistic for bara, you are not supposed to farm that much and get too late in the game when real carries would eat you alive.

There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to touch an electric fence.

98% of the forum play the tag game, if you are in the 2% who don't- click here
Old 06-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
FlopItOut99

Steam: [50%] Flop_it_out

barathrum item build:

-repick
Old 06-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #19
Balcas

Pro tip - never get sange and yasha.

Treads urn wand bottle madness armlet toss in bkb later, all you need for bashlock rape.

Ofc sometimes you will see that game is gona last long and change some items to higher tier, dominator stead of mom, manta for dispersing debuffs and so on...
Old 06-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
drgaliza

Guide Writing Award 

Quote:
Personally, i dont suggest getting urn. Dont get me wrong, urn is good for gankers but if your getting urn you are delaying his core early-mid item w/c is rushing str threads and MOM. Once you got these core items you can gank with ease.

So why not get urn to boost your hp, some mana regen, and active heal and damage? Because you dont need to. PT, MOM, and TP is enough for early-mid. Dont delay it. Though i am not saying it is not good though, but you can live without it period.

How? These is the best pattern to kill and gank for barathrum from my experience.
1. Select the best and killable target.
2. Prepare before take off (carry dust if your planning to kill invi heroes always), and Always have a Town of Portal for emergency escape.
3. Cast charge of Darkness from the farthest part of your fountain/well and target the hero. These enable you to regain the mana lost by casting charge of darkness therby by the time you leave the fountain you have full mana pool.
4. ping allies for your target while your on the run.
5. watch the current situation before diving in and abbandon target if neccessary. take note of their available skills, cd of their skills, how many are there, how much damage output they can have, can you survive these gank etc.
6. upon impact, do normal attacks only and turn MOM active if you have it. Dont cast netherstrike if you dont need to.
7. Do animation cancelling while attacking. This will increase your number of attacks by atleast 1 or 2 before enemy will be out of range if he decide to walk away (remember that if you accidentally completely cancelled an attack, bash animation while still occur occasionaly).
8. Use your dust only when they wind walk. For Phantom Lancer just make sure to target him when your sure he is him from a far to lock him up and use dust after impact because his images might screw you later but once you use your dust if he dopplewalk he is easily identifiable. There is no way he can out damage you at low levels and he cant outrun you also.
9. Use Netherstrike if a) you cant catch up with your opponent -anticipate if he will be in the fog afterwards so think in advance b) you think he would cast a skill that would mean a failure gank
10. When an opponent is a blink type like magina, raijin. Anticipate his movement and cast netherstrike accordingly. The timing for magina is after you attack him opponents tendencies are to blink away imediately, here you should cast netherstrike the moment you think the stun will be out but that is not 100% sure. Some will turn arround first then blink away but the animation for netherstrike is so good that you would still catch him as long as you anticipated that he will blink in the next second or 2. But a wise magina would fight 1st and burn your mana before blinking away but lucky for you magina's health is so low on early rounds and will probably wont make it in time before he blinks. Proceed to normal attack him as long as you can still cast your netherstrike before you run out of mana. So cast it before it happens. That is the least you can do. (Lvl 1 200/Lvl 250/Lvl 3 300). For Raijin the moment he pause a bit, he will use his ss but a wise raijin will use the "s" command to lure you into using it.
11. Use TP if necessary.
12. Farm in the nearest lane possible and watch the cooldown of your skills.
13. Before the CD cooldowns use your TP and regenerate mana asap (Mana and hp is no issue now w/ these method). Buy TP scrolls again. Then repeat the process. Dont worry about the cost of TP once you kill nonstop, money will be no issue. Farm in between ganks. Good Last hitting skill is required. Kill and kill the killable ones and have no mercy. That is the way to gain gold and experience.

Also by these method you are unpredictable since you can be on any other lane and they cant see you from one lane or another. Sometimes you need to change your usual target since they become aware of the pattern so try and gank others and ask for help when needed. Remember to gank the hard carries that is your main role in these type of build.

Sometimes you would fail but once you attained and master these you'll become unstoppable. Also by choosing barathrum you must have no fear because a good barathrum is mostly aggressive but wise. Wise in the sense that he knows when he can win the battle or when he dont. Experience wise you must choose your battle. Dont choose a battle where you cant win. There is a difference between being brave and being a fool. ^_^

Try to make your barathrum as aggressive as you can be. Try to get that 1st blood as much as possible because gold wise and experience edge early is a must. Being aggressive and showing you are the boss in the lane makes a difference. Psychological warfare is always included in any scenario even in real life dont you think? So use it to your advantage. Barathrum can kill even at low levels and only selected heroes can come close to that. You can out damage some 2 heroes you being level 3 or 4 vs same level heroes or maybe i am exagerating too much but the thing here is that there will become situations early that even you have low health if they have no skills to use you can turn around and kill them both and so watch out for that situation. Think outside the box. Whats happening, your mana, theirs, cds, current lives etc is important little things to watch out for. That will be the advantage of keen eye players over experienced but lazy pro players. Superb Laning knowledge is required also, specially if your laned against a good one. Find a guide out here, specially the miscellaneous guide here are good. It will help your barathrum gameplay by a lot.

Watch out for void and naix in a one on one battle and a good alleria. Though a good player can hit you hard no matter what hero he use so be good using yours too. ^_^

***Lets face it that Barathrum for now is meant for pub games so dont expect to do good in inhouse game though sometimes he can make it w/ good supporting heroes like omniknight and dazzle***

Special Note: You can use Netherstrike as last resort for escaping and use it at the safest area where you can target it to and use it then juke then use TP. You can also use charge of darkness to get into place faster. You can use "s" button to imeddiately run after charge of darkness is casted during times you need it instantly for escaping and stunning targets. Remember that MOM increases your movement speed and maybe used for escaping and takenote that it amplifies the damage you took during a duration. Blademail adds intimidation, it is magical damage, you take regular damage except that you deal some damage to your opponent depending on their current magical resistance plus 25% natural magic resistance and so a BKB nullifies any damage they would take but if used wisely will turn the tide of battle no matter how strong your opponent. TP saves lives. Animation canceling increases damage outputs as well as number of attacks therby increasing the chances to bash so do it always (practice the timing).

Dr.Galiza
Last edited by drgaliza; 06-14-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #21
GeneralCash

Quote:

this.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #22
kjjktt

Why Manta?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 AM   #23
Crossing

good long 'guide' there.
i think ppl suggest manta because of the added movement speed -> more extra damage. But IMO it's not worth it.

agree with perma-ganking Treads-MoM Bara (maybe add a bottle)
urn does indeed slow down his items.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #24
TheAmerican

I was a huge fan of MoM + Armlet but after a while I just realized it just isn't smart for team fights. Without BKB you are like a cow waiting to get slaughtered, and if you have time to farm all of that then I think Sven or some other hero would be a better choice.
I suggest Zesty's build. The difference between a Hyper and MoM isn't that big in terms of attack speed which is what SB makes the most use of. Making AC allows you to be a bulky DPSER in battle. You have plenty of damage because of Haste and the attack speed allows you to deal good damage. After that I'd get Heart instead of SY but SY works since it gives him stuff that he wants/needs.
Yasha is overrated on him. The damage it gives with +MS is negligible.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 AM   #25
the jug

Steam: Fajitas4every1

Quote:

but you also have no damage until you amass some STR items. You underestimate the usefulness of ulting twice in 10~15 seconds. You also forget that aghs give 200+ mana, so you really do have the mana to at least cast it twice, and depending on the time of the game, 3 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:20 AM   #26
TheAmerican

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jug View Post
but you also have no damage until you amass some STR items. You underestimate the usefulness of ulting twice in 10~15 seconds. You also forget that aghs give 200+ mana, so you really do have the mana to at least cast it twice, and depending on the time of the game, 3 times.
WTF are you talking about?
SB gets so much damage in the form of Emp Haste, no need for additional damage for his role.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 AM   #27
zaphodbrx99

Guide Writing Award 

I agree on SnY+hyperstone->curiass. Mask of madness is extremely risky. Armlet doubly so.
hyper gives 55 AS, yasha gives 31, str PT 25, total is more than mask of madness good enough imo.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:29 AM   #28
Appleware

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodbrx99 View Post
I agree on SnY+hyperstone->curiass. Mask of madness is extremely risky. Armlet doubly so.
hyper gives 55 AS, yasha gives 31, str PT 25, total is more than mask of madness good enough imo.
no, you need MoM for SB. If you are a ganker, it is a core. It gives you the imba perma-bash when you gank. Yes, you become more squishy but your target can't get anywhere. Remember, you are a ganker. You find a target-charge-attack-MoM-ss=kill, tp afterwards. Then look for another target. Your should rush treads, you must have your PT when you hit lvl6, then you gank someone from other lane with the help of your teamate. Then farm for MoM-BKB-AC-HoT. The game should be finished by now.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #29
drgaliza

Guide Writing Award 

^_^ my favorite targets are tinker (specially when he is trying to save money for boots of travel, they are pissed to death that they cant farm it ^_^) , phantom lancer (he just cant do anything about it specially in pubs -bara is meant for pubs as of the recent version and that is a fact, so enjoy using him in pubs ^_^), magina (i love it when he blinks and there you are right on where he blinks and he cant do anything about you for the next 5 secs and die), mirana (they run like a pussy and jump prematurely where they shouldnt ^_^), shadow fiend (he just cant do anything about you when he has no item for escape like lothars, blink dagger, ghost scepter ^_^)

You being barathrum should show these overrated heroes that they are in pub where barathrum rules ^_^ but dont count on it, as good players knows how to deal w/ you... ;p

Dr.Galiza
Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #30
lordAether

MoM is great on him in earlier parts of the game where heroes tend to farm alone especially in pubs but when the mass pushes begin, the MoM + Armlet build Barathrum gets torn like paper after landing the first CoD stun
Old 06-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #31
Fixthemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossing View Post
good long 'guide' there.
i think ppl suggest manta because of the added movement speed -> more extra damage. But IMO it's not worth it.

agree with perma-ganking Treads-MoM Bara (maybe add a bottle)
urn does indeed slow down his items.
Unless it got changed, the Empowering Haste's +damage works on illusions too, which is why Manta works on him. +60 damage on illusions is serious business. When adding the attack speed and movement speed buff too, it's a pretty decent item for him.

I rarely get it though, since farming it will severely wound your earlygame ganking.

Not a fan of MoM spiritbreaker, I prefer just getting Treads, Urn & Armlet, using the charges (which you will get plenty of) to heal up after ganks. After a gank, I usually change the Treads to intelligence, so I regenerate faster with the +50% from Urn, while getting ready for the next gank.
After those items, I'll probably aim for Black King Bar, and follow up with either lifesteal/hyperstone/heart.

I've seen a game once, with a Spiritbreaker who bought Treads, Armlet and HotD, and did extremely well. He managed to move the neutrals he dominated as close to the unit he charged, so when he got there, he had an extra stun or two from dominated creeps. It worked surprisingly well, although I've never tried it out myself.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #32
ztrnxz

i think the debate is between MoM or hyperstone

treads> optional urn/bottle> optional vanguard> MoM/hyperstone

urn/bottle is for inbetween gank regen
vanguard is really golden for tankiness during battles
if you go MoM, you have to go BKB right afterwards
if you go hyperstone>curiass, it makes you again tankier than MoM build

i think it depends on matchup...if you are against DPS heroes, vanguard>hyperstone>curiass is good
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #33
Soulfly

Treads as boots choice
Definetely get urn - it's really important. His ganking nature _will_cause him to take damage, and being able to heal up with one of the charges and use the next for another gank is just crucial. Furthermore he really benefits from +6 strenght and while the mana regeneration isn't much, it could sometimes mean the possibility of doing another ulti.

The added damage from movespeed of yasha is probably the most overrated thing in dota, seriously, you don't get such a crap item because it adds what, 15 damage to him?
I'd rather get mask of madness and black king bar.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #34
Xmarksthegank

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordAether View Post
MoM is great on him in earlier parts of the game where heroes tend to farm alone especially in pubs but when the mass pushes begin, the MoM + Armlet build Barathrum gets torn like paper after landing the first CoD stun
That's why you get MoM for the wtf damage and movement speed boost, you can oliberate people in ganks. Don't get armlet directly after if at all, just work on that BKB.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #35
TheRealE_Trix

Well For me, my builds are:
Threads
MoM
Cuirass
Tarrasque
Battle Fury
MKB
Old 12-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #36
McMarto

MoM + BKB + AC
Nuff said
Old 12-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #37
phoenix333

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgaliza View Post
Personally, i dont suggest getting urn. Dont get me wrong, urn is good for gankers but if your getting urn you are delaying his core early-mid item w/c is rushing str threads and MOM. Once you got these core items you can gank with ease.

So why not get urn to boost your hp, some mana regen, and active heal and damage? Because you dont need to. PT, MOM, and TP is enough for early-mid. Dont delay it. Though i am not saying it is not good though, but you can live without it period.

How? These is the best pattern to kill and gank for barathrum from my experience.
1. Select the best and killable target.
2. Prepare before take off (carry dust if your planning to kill invi heroes always), and Always have a Town of Portal for emergency escape.
3. Cast charge of Darkness from the farthest part of your fountain/well and target the hero. These enable you to regain the mana lost by casting charge of darkness therby by the time you leave the fountain you have full mana pool.
4. ping allies for your target while your on the run.
5. watch the current situation before diving in and abbandon target if neccessary. take note of their available skills, cd of their skills, how many are there, how much damage output they can have, can you survive these gank etc.
6. upon impact, do normal attacks only and turn MOM active if you have it. Dont cast netherstrike if you dont need to.
7. Do animation cancelling while attacking. This will increase your number of attacks by atleast 1 or 2 before enemy will be out of range if he decide to walk away (remember that if you accidentally completely cancelled an attack, bash animation while still occur occasionaly).
8. Use your dust only when they wind walk. For Phantom Lancer just make sure to target him when your sure he is him from a far to lock him up and use dust after impact because his images might screw you later but once you use your dust if he dopplewalk he is easily identifiable. There is no way he can out damage you at low levels and he cant outrun you also.
9. Use Netherstrike if a) you cant catch up with your opponent -anticipate if he will be in the fog afterwards so think in advance b) you think he would cast a skill that would mean a failure gank
10. When an opponent is a blink type like magina, raijin. Anticipate his movement and cast netherstrike accordingly. The timing for magina is after you attack him opponents tendencies are to blink away imediately, here you should cast netherstrike the moment you think the stun will be out but that is not 100% sure. Some will turn arround first then blink away but the animation for netherstrike is so good that you would still catch him as long as you anticipated that he will blink in the next second or 2. But a wise magina would fight 1st and burn your mana before blinking away but lucky for you magina's health is so low on early rounds and will probably wont make it in time before he blinks. Proceed to normal attack him as long as you can still cast your netherstrike before you run out of mana. So cast it before it happens. That is the least you can do. (Lvl 1 200/Lvl 250/Lvl 3 300). For Raijin the moment he pause a bit, he will use his ss but a wise raijin will use the "s" command to lure you into using it.
11. Use TP if necessary.
12. Farm in the nearest lane possible and watch the cooldown of your skills.
13. Before the CD cooldowns use your TP and regenerate mana asap (Mana and hp is no issue now w/ these method). Buy TP scrolls again. Then repeat the process. Dont worry about the cost of TP once you kill nonstop, money will be no issue. Farm in between ganks. Good Last hitting skill is required. Kill and kill the killable ones and have no mercy. That is the way to gain gold and experience.

Also by these method you are unpredictable since you can be on any other lane and they cant see you from one lane or another. Sometimes you need to change your usual target since they become aware of the pattern so try and gank others and ask for help when needed. Remember to gank the hard carries that is your main role in these type of build.

Sometimes you would fail but once you attained and master these you'll become unstoppable. Also by choosing barathrum you must have no fear because a good barathrum is mostly aggressive but wise. Wise in the sense that he knows when he can win the battle or when he dont. Experience wise you must choose your battle. Dont choose a battle where you cant win. There is a difference between being brave and being a fool. ^_^

Try to make your barathrum as aggressive as you can be. Try to get that 1st blood as much as possible because gold wise and experience edge early is a must. Being aggressive and showing you are the boss in the lane makes a difference. Psychological warfare is always included in any scenario even in real life dont you think? So use it to your advantage. Barathrum can kill even at low levels and only selected heroes can come close to that. You can out damage some 2 heroes you being level 3 or 4 vs same level heroes or maybe i am exagerating too much but the thing here is that there will become situations early that even you have low health if they have no skills to use you can turn around and kill them both and so watch out for that situation. Think outside the box. Whats happening, your mana, theirs, cds, current lives etc is important little things to watch out for. That will be the advantage of keen eye players over experienced but lazy pro players. Superb Laning knowledge is required also, specially if your laned against a good one. Find a guide out here, specially the miscellaneous guide here are good. It will help your barathrum gameplay by a lot.

Watch out for void and naix in a one on one battle and a good alleria. Though a good player can hit you hard no matter what hero he use so be good using yours too. ^_^

***Lets face it that Barathrum for now is meant for pub games so dont expect to do good in inhouse game though sometimes he can make it w/ good supporting heroes like omniknight and dazzle***

Special Note: You can use Netherstrike as last resort for escaping and use it at the safest area where you can target it to and use it then juke then use TP. You can also use charge of darkness to get into place faster. You can use "s" button to imeddiately run after charge of darkness is casted during times you need it instantly for escaping and stunning targets. Remember that MOM increases your movement speed and maybe used for escaping and takenote that it amplifies the damage you took during a duration. Blademail adds intimidation, it is magical damage, you take regular damage except that you deal some damage to your opponent depending on their current magical resistance plus 25% natural magic resistance and so a BKB nullifies any damage they would take but if used wisely will turn the tide of battle no matter how strong your opponent. TP saves lives. Animation canceling increases damage outputs as well as number of attacks therby increasing the chances to bash so do it always (practice the timing).
tl;dr

OP:
try this, very effective:
1 treads
2 mjolnir
3 vlads
4 scepter
5 armlet
6 bkb/heart

D ofc in pubs.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #38
heriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMarto View Post
MoM + BKB + AC
Nuff said
pretty nice build tried it ownd
Old 12-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #39
jsrnn

PT-Urn/Vang-MoM-BKB-MKB-AC. Throw an Agha somewhere if you wish.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #40
PillageDVillage

Personally dude I just go Treads/Phase + MOM + Armlet + Blade Mail..... Heart stacking MOM extra damage equals ouchy blade mail makes them go ouchy back.
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy