Is anyone getting really, really fed up waiting for the new patch/reset in d2?
I have played D2 off and on for over 7 years and I HATE d2 right now because:
- the entire economy is based on HRs (99% of which are duped)
- enigma is obligatory on almost all classes, even fucking barb. that being said, 99% of them are duped themselves or come from dupes HRs
- the current skill synergy system is awful. it leaves only 1-2 viable builds per class. it is impossible to have even a semi-competent bow/javazon, shapeshifting druid, throwing barb, frozen orb sorc, psn/bone necro, all of which were staples in pre-1.10 gameplay. Now the only viable classes are summon/curse necro (ubering), smiters, and of course the hammerdin
- hammerdins are honestly the most inexcusably overpowered characters in the game...literally only one monster in the game which has ANY sort of resistance to hammers
- monster spell immunities in hell are too much (a level 90, fully geared frozen orb sorc cannot kill a zombie in the blood moor on hell difficulty. don't you see something wrong with that?)...I really believe they should max it out at 80-90% resist, immune is a joke
- over-reliance on Runewords (e.g. BotD, HotO, CTA, Infinity, etc.) for a character to stand a chance in PvP or Hell difficulty. also, these all required the afformentioned duped HRs
- the Diablo Clone spawn is possibly the WORST idea ever created. it not only encourages, but directly REWARDS soj dupers...and also gives them a NEW op item to dupe, the anni charm.
Please tell me there are some wizened d2 players here that agree with me =(
It's honestly not even fun to play and i hope to GOD the long-overdue 1.13 patch/ladder reset makes it enjoyable again.
That being said, I'm pumped for d3 out of my mind. Wishful thinking, but come Spring 2010 I will be glued to my computer screen.