Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Drickosh
Member
 
Drickosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 厦门
Posts: 4,246
Drickosh is offline

Default Hand of Midas


Just curious, does the reliable-unreliable gold thing make this item more viable or IF forget this item exist?
__________________
Milikki's comic, in Chinese though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminister View Post
My favorite part in these replays are CM's deaths and her death scream. Must be the hero in Dota with most deaths. I just keep my screen on CM and follow her everywhere, just waiting for that Lion's Finger of Death to come off CD or watching enemy dots on minimap close in on her. And seems opposing team likes to see her die too.

I think someone should make a Youtube video - 30 mins of gruesome and horrible CM deaths in Dota.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
arisinhell
Member
 
arisinhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your Closet..
Posts: 2,495
arisinhell is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Oh hand of midas..

This is the only thing i find annoying the last 10 versions.

Icy remove it or change it pls.

OT.W8 im gonna check it in a min.

Edit:No the gold from transmute is unreliable.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddardust View Post
Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama051 View Post
Toapapper: Played a 150 now. It isnt better than the first games.
Lama051: In that case problem might be between chair and PC
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
azraelzbane
Member
 
azraelzbane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,332
azraelzbane is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisinhell View Post
Oh hand of midas..

This is the only thing i find annoying the last 10 versions.

Icy remove it or change it pls.

OT.W8 im gonna check it in a min.
Oh arisinhell..

This is one of the many posters that annoy me since I registered.

Mods ban him or remove pls.

OT: Was really expecting a midas remake =/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by azraelzbane View Post
In IceFrog we trust.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
arisinhell
Member
 
arisinhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your Closet..
Posts: 2,495
arisinhell is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleSoul78 View Post
Oh arisinhell..

This is one of the many posters that annoy me since I registered.

Mods ban him or remove pls.

OT: Was really expecting a midas remake =/

Why are you offended?
I even check it on sungle player for OP m8!

You are so ungreatfull..
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddardust View Post
Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama051 View Post
Toapapper: Played a 150 now. It isnt better than the first games.
Lama051: In that case problem might be between chair and PC
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
azraelzbane
Member
 
azraelzbane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,332
azraelzbane is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisinhell View Post
Why are you offended?
I even check it on sungle player for you m8!

You are so ungreatfull..
sungle player to imba nerf it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by azraelzbane View Post
In IceFrog we trust.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
arisinhell
Member
 
arisinhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Your Closet..
Posts: 2,495
arisinhell is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleSoul78 View Post
sungle player to imba nerf it
Yeah..ok..
What nerf?

Are you high cause if you are i understand..

I checked The transmute ability dumpass to test if it gives reliable gold..

Transmute is the "turn creep to gold ability" just to know

And by annoying i mean useless but you seem not to understand.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddardust View Post
Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama051 View Post
Toapapper: Played a 150 now. It isnt better than the first games.
Lama051: In that case problem might be between chair and PC
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by arisinhell; 07-31-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
Balcas
Member
 
Balcas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dota2beta
Posts: 1,210
Balcas is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I love the new version but was totaly expecting a boost to midas =.=
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #8
22ni
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
22ni is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

he should remake it into some kind of boots like arcane ring
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #9
Chuck Norris
Member
 
Chuck Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
Chuck Norris is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22ni View Post
he should remake it into some kind of boots like arcane ring
Edit: ive been proven wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #10
22ni
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
22ni is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctuuurnal View Post
yes this sounds good, boots +30 attack speed.. ill suggest something and lets call it as power treads. and sometime too lets add some stats in there.
so funny
i meant boots with transmute ability
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:56 AM   #11
Chuck Norris
Member
 
Chuck Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
Chuck Norris is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22ni View Post
so funny
i meant boots with transmute ability
oh i see. i stand corrected. but still its a nice idea. but dont put 30% atk speed it will be similar to treads. and sorry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
Drickosh
Member
 
Drickosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 厦门
Posts: 4,246
Drickosh is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisinhell View Post
Oh hand of midas..

This is the only thing i find annoying the last 10 versions.

Icy remove it or change it pls.

OT.W8 im gonna check it in a min.

Edit:No the gold from transmute is unreliable.
what i mean to ask is the new gold system make midas more reliable or not.. but thanks for the check.. never buy this item since 6.63 or .64
__________________
Milikki's comic, in Chinese though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminister View Post
My favorite part in these replays are CM's deaths and her death scream. Must be the hero in Dota with most deaths. I just keep my screen on CM and follow her everywhere, just waiting for that Lion's Finger of Death to come off CD or watching enemy dots on minimap close in on her. And seems opposing team likes to see her die too.

I think someone should make a Youtube video - 30 mins of gruesome and horrible CM deaths in Dota.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
acosta
Member
 
acosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 525
Blog Entries: 1
acosta is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

http://www.playdota.com/forums/27777...f/#post1433321
My rmk check it.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
Elements-
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Painted Land.
Posts: 5,945
Elements- is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question Answered. Close plox.

Anyway, I was hoping a remake on Midas too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:19 PM   #15
Drickosh
Member
 
Drickosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 厦门
Posts: 4,246
Drickosh is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air- View Post
Question Answered. Close plox.

Anyway, I was hoping a remake on Midas too.
not answered even a bit, and how if the answer is IF forget this item do exist?
__________________
Milikki's comic, in Chinese though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminister View Post
My favorite part in these replays are CM's deaths and her death scream. Must be the hero in Dota with most deaths. I just keep my screen on CM and follow her everywhere, just waiting for that Lion's Finger of Death to come off CD or watching enemy dots on minimap close in on her. And seems opposing team likes to see her die too.

I think someone should make a Youtube video - 30 mins of gruesome and horrible CM deaths in Dota.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:24 PM   #16
genehmster
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 522
genehmster is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

then the answer is no
__________________
PlayDota-Forumer (me) prosecuted because of denigration.
Lawyer: "The user abused a forum game to blacken my client".


Old-School-link for a item that should be old-school, but isnt even implemented (What a shame!):
http://www.playdota.com/forums/42827...rb-corruption/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
thegayperson
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 409
thegayperson is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I think he forgot the item exists.
Bloodstone was not used (or rarely, in pubs), and it got a buff, however small.
Hand of Midas....was never used. Ever. And it didn't get a single change, no matter how small, despite the numerous remakes of it in the suggestions threads.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #18
BattledOne
Member
 
BattledOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 2,925
BattledOne is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

IMHO IceFears thinks that even a slight buff can make midas too OP. Gold plays a too important role in dota. It should not be hasted with Midas IMO. Midas will get a change when it NEEDS a change.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #19
Balcas
Member
 
Balcas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dota2beta
Posts: 1,210
Balcas is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattledOne View Post
IMHO IceFears thinks that even a slight buff can make midas too OP. Gold plays a too important role in dota. It should not be hasted with Midas IMO. Midas will get a change when it NEEDS a change.
You think that being probly the least used item of all doesn't mean it needs a change?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #20
UndeadHostage
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 239
UndeadHostage is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

LOL, I forgotten ther was such an item.

Wait, am I the only 1?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
BattledOne
Member
 
BattledOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 2,925
BattledOne is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balcas View Post
You think that being probly the least used item of all doesn't mean it needs a change?
I don't think, I know...




















...that IceFrog knows best. You defy IceFrog?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
Overlordrb
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
Overlordrb is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

since QB first appearance i didn't seem to care about midas since i could farm faster with using less gold
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #23
Estraz
Member
 
Estraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,170
Estraz is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

At first (like, until just now) I was thinking the item should just get removed, because either it's useless or it's overpowered, hard to find a middle ground. However, I think many have been looking at it the wrong way. How about rather than bitching around with the transmute effect, it's made into an ACTUAL item, rather than spending gold so you can earn more gold throughout the game. The transmute ability should stay, maybe nerfed or buffed depending on other stats, but really, I believe if it's made into an actual item with the transmute as a side-effect, it could easily become a viable item without breaking the game.
__________________


An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

- M. Gandhi
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #24
Overlordrb
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 144
Overlordrb is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estraz View Post
At first (like, until just now) I was thinking the item should just get removed, because either it's useless or it's overpowered, hard to find a middle ground. However, I think many have been looking at it the wrong way. How about rather than bitching around with the transmute effect, it's made into an ACTUAL item, rather than spending gold so you can earn more gold throughout the game. The transmute ability should stay, maybe nerfed or buffed depending on other stats, but really, I believe if it's made into an actual item with the transmute as a side-effect, it could easily become a viable item without breaking the game.
maybe they can combine orb of slow and the transmute skill as an item so it can turn a creep into gold by striking it just like trax's old ulti
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #25
BattledOne
Member
 
BattledOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 2,925
BattledOne is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estraz View Post
At first (like, until just now) I was thinking the item should just get removed, because either it's useless or it's overpowered, hard to find a middle ground. However, I think many have been looking at it the wrong way. How about rather than bitching around with the transmute effect, it's made into an ACTUAL item, rather than spending gold so you can earn more gold throughout the game. The transmute ability should stay, maybe nerfed or buffed depending on other stats, but really, I believe if it's made into an actual item with the transmute as a side-effect, it could easily become a viable item without breaking the game.
You sir speak the truth.
No hero benefits from the IAS it gives alot. it's only use is to farm. Other items that enchace farming give benefits in other areas also. HotD and Vanguard (most popular neut. creeping items.) give you survivability and offensive ability + dominate. Qblade whyle is a farming only tool is fairly cheap.
So this means Midas needs to give other benefits besides IAS.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:47 PM   #26
Chuck Norris
Member
 
Chuck Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
Chuck Norris is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

the problem with HoM is it gives plain atk speed.
__________________
I only appear when members need me the most, or when you say: "I summon thee Chuck Norris!" in a thread, I will my friend, I promise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #27
karmisael
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 253
karmisael is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

and what if HoM changes its ability to the old ulti of Traxex? It will be too op?
__________________
Please, review my suggestion:
[GAMEPLAY-ITEM]Recipes throwing Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsCapslock View Post
Actually when HoN servers are down for updates[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x00100x View Post
u mean when their devs are reading icefrog's patch notes?
Epic... xD
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #28
MeTaL GuArD
Member
 
MeTaL GuArD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 2,232
MeTaL GuArD is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmisael View Post
and what if HoM changes its ability to the old ulti of Traxex? It will be too op?
It will be completely useless unless the chance is huge. They remade that ulti for a reason.
__________________
▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅|█
▄██ FRIENDSHIP TANK █ ██▅▄▃▂
███████████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #29
karmisael
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 253
karmisael is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
It will be completely useless unless the chance is huge. They remade that ulti for a reason.
And that reason was? Elaborate plz
__________________
Please, review my suggestion:
[GAMEPLAY-ITEM]Recipes throwing Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsCapslock View Post
Actually when HoN servers are down for updates[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x00100x View Post
u mean when their devs are reading icefrog's patch notes?
Epic... xD
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:09 PM   #30
Chuck Norris
Member
 
Chuck Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
Chuck Norris is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmisael View Post
And that reason was? Elaborate plz
it does nothing but to 1 hit creeps ._.
__________________
I only appear when members need me the most, or when you say: "I summon thee Chuck Norris!" in a thread, I will my friend, I promise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:18 PM   #31
Bess833
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 53
Bess833 is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctuuurnal View Post
it does nothing but to 1 hit creeps ._.
Might be pretty good in an item with additional bonuses rather than an ultimate providing nothing else. If the chance was good and it provided some damage/IAS/whatever, might be an item worth considering.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:19 PM   #32
Chuck Norris
Member
 
Chuck Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
Chuck Norris is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bess833 View Post
Might be pretty good in an item with additional bonuses rather than an ultimate providing nothing else. If the chance was good and it provided some damage/IAS/whatever, might be an item worth considering.
yes. indeed.
__________________
I only appear when members need me the most, or when you say: "I summon thee Chuck Norris!" in a thread, I will my friend, I promise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:19 PM   #33
karmisael
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 253
karmisael is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

so? I guess that proc with some chance right? Why not the same with midas?

e: ninja'd
__________________
Please, review my suggestion:
[GAMEPLAY-ITEM]Recipes throwing Spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsCapslock View Post
Actually when HoN servers are down for updates[...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x00100x View Post
u mean when their devs are reading icefrog's patch notes?
Epic... xD
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:21 PM   #34
Chuck Norris
Member
 
Chuck Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 374
Chuck Norris is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmisael View Post
so? I guess that proc with some chance right? Why not the same with midas?

e: ninja'd
it was suggested a million times iirc
__________________
I only appear when members need me the most, or when you say: "I summon thee Chuck Norris!" in a thread, I will my friend, I promise.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:35 PM   #35
Mayor Adam West
Member
 
Mayor Adam West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in one of Taylor Swift's songs.
Posts: 3,174
Mayor Adam West is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Someone should make an Item suggestion to change midas

somewhat make QB +Gloves of haste+200 = midas

with this QB and Midas won't be left useless in mid or late...i'm just saying
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:07 PM   #36
Drickosh
Member
 
Drickosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 厦门
Posts: 4,246
Drickosh is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Adam West View Post
Someone should make an Item suggestion to change midas

somewhat make QB +Gloves of haste+200 = midas

with this QB and Midas won't be left useless in mid or late...i'm just saying
qb is always useless mid-late because any orb effect override it.. and there're already bazillion suggestion threads out there considering midas...

edit: i like the idea making transmute more viable thing, a good counter to push-summoner strat~
__________________
Milikki's comic, in Chinese though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminister View Post
My favorite part in these replays are CM's deaths and her death scream. Must be the hero in Dota with most deaths. I just keep my screen on CM and follow her everywhere, just waiting for that Lion's Finger of Death to come off CD or watching enemy dots on minimap close in on her. And seems opposing team likes to see her die too.

I think someone should make a Youtube video - 30 mins of gruesome and horrible CM deaths in Dota.
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Drickosh; 07-31-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: meh
Old 08-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #37
jawawaQ
Member
 
jawawaQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PH
Posts: 3,631
Blog Entries: 1
jawawaQ is offline
Default Re: Hand of Midas
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Gold from HoM comes from creeps and not heroes.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Forum Jump

Thread Tools