Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline

Lightbulb [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief


I'm here to solve something that has been bothering me for a long time.
I expect to get a lot of negative responses, but hell, I'll do it anyway.
My idea is to remove these 2 heroes from the game because they suck!
Nah, just messing with you.
They are both great heroes (and especially Juggernaut who is one of my favorite heroes).
What I want to suggest is that Healing Ward get's replaced with Battle Meditation or Flash Step, Blade Dance with Ki Slash and Centaur's Return gets remade into Tough Skin.
Why, well, look at the description of the skill:
'The Centaur Warchief immediately counters every attack against him with a swift strike.'
Does Bradwarden really looks like someone who can make lighting fast counter attacks?
No, he does not!
And let's take a look at Yurnero's background story:
'Slicing through armor with the greatest of ease. Whirling, dancing like a dervish, swiping foes with a flick of the wrist. Poetry in motion, slashing enemy upon enemy in the blink of an eye. Yurnero seeks perfection. Seeks to become one with his blade. All to fulfill his destiny as the unstoppable Juggernaut.'
I don't see part where it says that he pulls a ward out of nowhere that will heal him and I think that lighting fast, armor cutting skill will fit this description better.
Also, Blade Dance is just a Critical Strike (probably the most overused skill in DotA) who is trying to hide that fact by calling itself differently (that stinking little bitch).
Anyway, Return and Healing Ward are both great skills, but simply don't fit those characters at all.
It's like giving Crystal Maiden, Macropyre.
It is a great skill and she could probably make great use of it, but it is simply doesn't fit her.
Now, on to the skills and to explain all the changes in more details.
Also, before I start, here are links for current Healing Ward, Blade Dance and Return skills.
Just remember to comment and tell me what do you think!


Juggernaut's skill ideas:

Battle Meditation:


After years of meditating in the mountains, Juggernaut learned how to heal his wounds and wounds of his allies with power of mind and will alone, while also slowing his enemies MS by force of his will, weaker enemies will be slowed more since their will to resist this skill is weaker.
When active, Yurnero will start to radiate an essence that will heal him and his allies by 10HP/sec + 5% of the missing HP and will slow enemies in the AOE by 1% for each 5% of their HP missing.


Level 1 - Has duration of 5 seconds and AOE of 250.

Level 2 - Has duration of 10 seconds and AOE of 300.

Level 3 - Has duration of 15 seconds and AOE of 350.

Level 4 - Has duration of 20 seconds and AOE of 400.

Mana Cost: 100 MP
Cooldown: 40 seconds
Notes:
This ability can be active during Omnislash/Blade Fury and Yurnero will be healed by this skill while using any of those two.
Has great synergy with all his skills since they all deal damage and will make slow have greater effect.
Max slow is 20% since 100/5=20 and 20x1=20, but by that time your enemy is dead.
For visual, Juggernaut should gain same aura effect that Healing Ward has and everyone healed should have standard heal animation as if they were healed by the ward.
Enemies should have effect on them as if they are heal by Healing Ward, but only colored in red.




Ki Slash:



Yurnero has a chance on each attack to enchant his blade with his ki and cast it as a shockwave upon a swing. Shockwave deals damage equal to 1.5 x Juggernaut's agility.

Level 1 - Gives 10% chance per attack to launch a shockwave.

Level 2 - Gives 15% chance per attack to launch a shockwave.

Level 3 - Gives 20% chance per attack to launch a shockwave.

Level 4 - Gives 25% chance per attack to launch a shockwave.

Notes:
Starting AOE of shockwave is 100, final AOE is 50 and range/distance traveled is 400 units.
Basically, this skill gives chance to send out a Shockwave looking skill, with difference that damage of skill is based on Yurnero's agility instead of a fixed number and few differences in AOE, distance and similar.
This skill has great synergy with Omnislash since, when he makes his regular attacks, this skill could help him clear off all creeps around heroes and help him deal more hits to enemy units and can be activated while using Blade Furry since Juggernaut can still attack while using that skill.
I have already stated synergy with Flash Step and Battle Meditation above.
Damage type is Universal and it works on machines and deals 20% damage to buildings.
He should preform his animation he uses while preforming Critical Strike for this skill also.
Illusions also have this ability.
Omnislash slashes also have chance to activate Ki Slash.




Also, together with all this ideas for Yurnero, I suggest that this become his stats:

Strength: 22 + 2
(Since he doesn't have healing ward, he should get a boost in strength.)
Agility (Primary): 22 + 2.75
(Decreased his agility growth, but increased his starting agility. At level 25, it will be the same as before.)
Intelligence: 13 + 1.25
(Since he doesn't have Healing Ward anymore, he doesn't need that intelligence that much and Battle Meditation/Flash Step (active version) are not that mana hungry skills.)

BAT: 1.5
MS: 310
(He is suppose to be very fast, so why not make him faster than an average hero. It's not much to make him imba, but still something. And don't worry about BAT, it is not enough to make him deal even more slashes during Omnislash, witch would be imba.)

Range: 130
(Dude, look at that sword, he should actually have global attack range with that thing!)

Agahnim's Scepter upgrade:
Current AS upgrade bonuses + interval between slashes is increased to 0.5 sec.


Centaur Warchief skill idea:

Tough Skin:

(Could someone please just color it in same color as CW is?)

Bradwarden is a pure brute and has skin of one also.
More strength he has, tougher his skin becomes, tougher his skin becomes, more armor he gets and will make enemies harm themselves when attacking him if they are too close (300 AOE).


Level 1 - Gives 1 armor for every 25 strength points and damages attackers with 10+100% Bradwarden's armor as damage.

Level 2 - Gives 1 armor for every 20 strength points and damages attackers with 10+100% Bradwarden's armor as damage.

Level 3 - Gives 1 armor for every 15 strength points and damages attackers with 10+100% Bradwarden's armor as damage.

Level 4 - Gives 1 armor for every 10 strength points and damages attackers with 10+100% Bradwarden's armor as damage.

Notes:

• The damage is dealt when attacks hits, not at the beginning of an attack.
• Damage type is physical.
•This ability damages anything that attacks the Warchief, including towers.
I've tried to base this skill on 3rd Newton's law (if you hit a wall with your fist, even though you are an attacker, your hand will be broken, while nothing happens to the wall), but since this is a game, I can't stick to it completely since it would brake the balance.
At least, this skill now makes a little more sense if you ask me and fits Centaur much better.
I recommend and support this Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for him (Adds 1% of your current HP as spell resistance, but change it to be 1% of max, not current HP as spells resistance) as his ultimate upgrade (made by God of Death) since together with this skill, it would make Bradwarden an awesome hero!




Changelog:

• October 25th, 2010:
- Buffed Tough Skin so it gives 1 armor instead of 0.8 for every 25/20/15/10 strength points.
- Since Power Slash can't be coded to deal damage based on Juggernaut's current damage, I've change it that it deals based on agility (1.25x agility).


• November 3rd, 2010:
- Removed Counterstrike form Juggernaut and remade Tough Skin so it can still return damage.
- Flash Step now reduces armor and magic resistance by a value instead of removing reducing them to 0 since it seems it can't be coded.


• November the 5th, 2010:
- Added active version of Flash Step.

• December the 6th, 2010:
- Added new idea for AS upgrade for Juggernaut.

• January the 26th, 2011:
- Added Battle Meditation as new alternative for Healing Ward.

• March the 31th, 2011:
- Removed Flash Step (both active and passive version) and also removed 2 sec cast time for Battle Meditation.


Anyway, that's that.
Numbers can be always fixed, so bring me your judgment based on concept, while giving me advice for numbers.
That's all.
Thoughts on this?
Also, if you have any better ideas, tell me and sorry for all possible typos!

____________________________________

Attached Images
      
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Lithary; 04-07-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
jvt619
Member
 
jvt619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: JVT Hotel
Posts: 1,330
jvt619 is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Good job bro!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
Dagguh
Member
 
Dagguh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 662
Dagguh is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Ripped off from HoN this time :P

EDIT: But I like it . Especially the Juggernaut one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
Shadow Fury
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Draining Your Life Juice.
Posts: 10,187
Blog Entries: 2
Suggestion Award 
Shadow Fury is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Eh, no...

Juggy isn't really meant to return damage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Captain Planet
Forum Staff
 
Captain Planet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frieza Planet 419, because nobody ever goes to Frieza Planet 419
Steam: Freaky Alien Genotype
Posts: 20,456
Blog Entries: 6
Guide Writing Award Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 
Captain Planet is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

I DO NOT SUCK!! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH AND I WILL OMNISLASH YO ASS OUTTA HERE!

But srsly. Neither of these heroes needs a remake I certainly don't...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #6
wd.Ripper
Member
 
wd.Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,324
Blog Entries: 2
wd.Ripper is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

this.. is.. DOTA

Srsly, they are fine & original heroes, if you don't like it you can gtfo .
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
crisgon
Member
 
crisgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arequipa, Peru
Posts: 467
crisgon is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

IMO
About Counterstrike, t-null because i dont think that yurnero could manage high amounts of damage, thats why that skill fit good on warchief and remember that you are taking off healing ward.

And about Tough Skin, t-up because this will increase tankness on warchief greatly and not returning damage that as you said he doesnt really looks like someone who can make lighting fast counter attacks.
__________________

DotaToolKit
UPDATED TO 6.78

Check it out also in Spanish and German!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagguh View Post
Ripped off from HoN this time :P

EDIT: But I like it . Especially the Juggernaut one.
I don't play those DotA rip offs.
When my friend told me about it, my 1st question was, what happened to Faceless Void (my favorite hero).
He showed me, I looked it, I vomited on floor and I try to forget that, that, that, argh, thing!
Also, when I heard about League of Legends, I just said no even before looking at it. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Death View Post
Eh, no...

Juggy isn't really meant to return damage.
And Centaur is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Juggernaut™ View Post
I DO NOT SUCK!! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH AND I WILL OMNISLASH YO ASS OUTTA HERE!

But srsly. Neither of these heroes needs a remake I certainly don't...
Well, I think that this is necessary since their current skill set doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisispatrick View Post
this.. is.. DOTA

Srsly, they are fine & original heroes, if you don't like it you can gtfo .
Erm, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisgon View Post
IMO
About Counterstrike, t-null because i dont think that yurnero could manage high amounts of damage, thats why that skill fit good on warchief and remember that you are taking off healing ward.

And about Tough Skin, t-up because this will increase tankness on warchief greatly and not returning damage that as you said he doesnt really looks like someone who can make lighting fast counter attacks.

EDIT: HoN has this changes??? , then T-DOWN both
EDIT2: I dont like people say that DotA is like HoN or ... taken from HoN.
True that he is not meant to take much damage, but he will take it anyway and this will actually help him by taking down his enemies faster and therefore take less damage.

AND NO!!!
I DID NOT TAKE THIS FROM HON!!!
I NEVER TAKE ANYTHING FROM ANYWHERE EXCEPT OUT OF MY HEAD AND IF I DO, I SAYS THAT I DID TAKE IT FROM SOMEWHERE AND I SAY WHERE DID I TAKE IT FROM!!!
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by Lithary; 10-19-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
Dynes
Member
 
Dynes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Philippines
Posts: 3,866
Blog Entries: 4
Dynes is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Juggernaut™ View Post
I DO NOT SUCK!! I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH AND I WILL OMNISLASH YO ASS OUTTA HERE!
So I heard your name isn't from this Jugg...
'jak

Tough Skin does not give any much of a threat vs damage return when it comes to taking down a tank.
__________________
Dynes: I don't believe you. /care
My suggestions on my blog.
I'm sold!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Shadow Fury
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Draining Your Life Juice.
Posts: 10,187
Blog Entries: 2
Suggestion Award 
Shadow Fury is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Plus, Juggy isn't really supposed to tank with his STR.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
xbluejob
Member
 
xbluejob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 598
xbluejob is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

nice idea but return damage is -_- i would prefer a parry or deflect sword skill but return damage -_- T-Null
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Death View Post
Plus, Juggy isn't really supposed to tank with his STR.
Well, he doesn't have to tank.
That's why I gave him synergy with Blade Dance so actually, this could make him last longer, because less people will attack him since they will get sliced even before he starts to attack.
Also, like I said before, he will get attacked anyway, but this will help him take down his enemies even faster and therefore take less damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbluejob View Post
nice idea but return damage is -_- i would prefer a parry or deflect sword skill but return damage -_- T-Null
Well, if you get any good idea, tell me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
jojoba
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 262
jojoba is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

nice idea for yunero, however healing ward is a great skill. u cant completely remove it from game. imo move it to other hero (not necessary centaur though)

for counterstrike(the name was very bad), instead of agi, just replace the number with your normal damage, and maybe work better with evasion instead of return so he looks like badass samurai which evade and critical hit =)

ur idea about centaur is too boring imo, and will kill his ability to become a good jungler
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #14
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
nice idea for yunero, however healing ward is a great skill. u cant completely remove it from game. imo move it to other hero (not necessary centaur though)

for counterstrike(the name was very bad), instead of agi, just replace the number with your normal damage, and maybe work better with evasion instead of return so he looks like badass samurai which evade and critical hit =)

ur idea about centaur is too boring imo, and will kill his ability to become a good jungler
True, I want to return Healing Ward somehow, but will need some time to think of something.
Also, I'm afraid that making Counterstrike return damage based on Yurnero's damage could be a bit imba, especially with his new synergy.
Also, I'm not sure how am I going to put evasion in that skill since lot of people make Butterfly to him, and since evasions don't stack, it could ruin his build.
Anyway, I still have 2 more ideas coming as possible replacements for Healing Ward, so you can give me your final judgment when I finish them.

About CW, well, his current skill isn't much more amusing than this one in my opinion.
Also, he could still be good ad jungling since he will be more durable.
Maybe not good as he is now, but still good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
BenchBreaker
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,012
BenchBreaker is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

i like the power slash
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
BattledOne
Member
 
BattledOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Entertaining mentally handicapped
Posts: 2,950
BattledOne is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

HOw much damage does power slash actually deal?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #17
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattledOne View Post
HOw much damage does power slash actually deal?
Equal to Yurnero's damage.
Example, if Yurnero has 100 damage and triggers this Power Slash, he will still make his regular attack of 100 damage and additionally, he will send a shockwave that will deal 100 damage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #18
PEW_PEW
Member
 
PEW_PEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 999
Blog Entries: 1
PEW_PEW is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Derp power slash is uncodable. There's no way to accurately get a units regular attack damage in dota. That means there's no way to know how much damage the shockwave will deal.
__________________
>:3 Ɛ:<

Kool BeansI like notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenienteMani View Post
Also can u guys make a mode with no wards allowed, theyre rigged
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #19
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEW_PEW View Post
Derp power slash is uncodable. There's no way to accurately get a units regular attack damage in dota. That means there's no way to know how much damage the shockwave will deal.
Then how about make it deal Yurnero's average damage.
Lets say that if his damage is 100-110, shockwave will deal 105.
How about that?
In case that even that doesn't work, how about making it deal damage based on Yurnero's agility?
Something like 1.25x Yurnero's agility in as damage for shockwave.
Even though, it could work something like Critical Strike and deal damage equal to damage of attack that activated it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 AM   #20
jojoba
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 262
jojoba is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithary View Post
True, I want to return Healing Ward somehow, but will need some time to think of something.
Also, I'm afraid that making Counterstrike return damage based on Yurnero's damage could be a bit imba, especially with his new synergy.
Also, I'm not sure how am I going to put evasion in that skill since lot of people make Butterfly to him, and since evasions don't stack, it could ruin his build.
Anyway, I still have 2 more ideas coming as possible replacements for Healing Ward, so you can give me your final judgment when I finish them.

About CW, well, his current skill isn't much more amusing than this one in my opinion.
Also, he could still be good ad jungling since he will be more durable.
Maybe not good as he is now, but still good.
actually, return doesn't have synergy with all of his skill nor his story, u must really considerate to change it. My idea of evasion is not something like pa's blur (which is very "blur" skill), try something to do with player's reflex (like puck maybe?) and then instant teleport to his enemy and counter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #21
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
actually, return doesn't have synergy with all of his skill nor his story, u must really considerate to change it. My idea of evasion is not something like pa's blur (which is very "blur" skill), try something to do with player's reflex (like puck maybe?) and then instant teleport to his enemy and counter.
Heh, that's a funny thing.
One of the 2 skills I am preparing is called for now Flash Step.
Basically, it gives you % chance to cast Rikimaru's Blink Strike on attack.
I am trying to think of a good synergies with other skills.
Other is for now called Quickslash.
Same as Counter Helix, only it triggers on attack and not when attacked.
There will be some more differences between those two, but lets leave it at that because I still have to fix few things with that skill.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #22
Glowackos
Member
 
Glowackos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 454
Glowackos is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

umm, return is somewhat similar to counterhelix. (Though of course one deals increasing dmg lategame, while the other deals dmg in aoe.)
Jugg already resembles axe a lot.... Giving twin heroes twin skills?

I guess giving jugg return fits his theme and gamestyle (though i shudder at what you propose to rename it coz it just creates imagery of people with guns blowing each other's heads off), whereas without return, cent would be focused more ~ as he should be, if he is to properly play the role of a meat shield.
t-up.
__________________


Play YouTD!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #23
dogbiter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 91
dogbiter is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

current juggernaut sucks
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
jojoba
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 262
jojoba is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

i hope this thread would help ice improving his game. At least the idea was unique, unlike those replace-critical-strike-with-another-critical-strike thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #25
fan.god
Member
 
fan.god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: even with Gem, u can never find me
Posts: 913
Blog Entries: 1
fan.god is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Seriously, I do not think Jugg needs another dmg skills: He got 3 already. There are some remakes for Healing Ward with the basics of healing/supporting, just not with a ward.

And seriously, I do not think Centaur needs another boring passive. An 'awesome' ulti just adds plain STR is enough....

Though I agree that these 2 need some reworks, just not.. yours. T-d
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #26
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowackos View Post
umm, return is somewhat similar to counterhelix. (Though of course one deals increasing dmg lategame, while the other deals dmg in aoe.)
Jugg already resembles axe a lot.... Giving twin heroes twin skills?

I guess giving jugg return fits his theme and gamestyle (though i shudder at what you propose to rename it coz it just creates imagery of people with guns blowing each other's heads off), whereas without return, cent would be focused more ~ as he should be, if he is to properly play the role of a meat shield.
t-up.
I don't see similarity between Counter Helix and Counterstrike, but I do understand you point even they are not that similar in my opinion.
Still there is one more skill on the way that I plan to suggest as a replacement for Healing Ward.
I just need to think of a good synergy with other skills 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
current juggernaut sucks
Don't let The_Juggernaut™ hear you or you might get Omnislashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
i hope this thread would help ice improving his game. At least the idea was unique, unlike those replace-critical-strike-with-another-critical-strike thread
Thanks for support might!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan.god View Post
Seriously, I do not think Jugg needs another dmg skills: He got 3 already. There are some remakes for Healing Ward with the basics of healing/supporting, just not with a ward.

And seriously, I do not think Centaur needs another boring passive. An 'awesome' ulti just adds plain STR is enough....

Though I agree that these 2 need some reworks, just not.. yours. T-d
Centaur already has 2 active skills and 2 passive skills and I've just replaced one of those 2 passive skills with an another passive skill.
And it's very effective skill witch fits him great.
He doesn't need more active skills.
Also, I don't see Yurnero using any healing abilities or some defense skills.
He is someone who uses his offense as his defense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #27
Captain Planet
Forum Staff
 
Captain Planet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frieza Planet 419, because nobody ever goes to Frieza Planet 419
Steam: Freaky Alien Genotype
Posts: 20,456
Blog Entries: 6
Guide Writing Award Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 
Captain Planet is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Juggernaut: T-down to all. I really don't think he needs a remake, although perhaps incorporate the agility-based bonus of Counterstrike damage into Blade Storm, making it useless later into the game.

CW: T-up! He's big fat tank, and this will help with his big, fat tankiness. However, it makes his Return skill look so good, because this suggested ability essentially does NOTHING until lategame, and Return kinda helps him farm, so perhaps add this effect TO Return instead of having it replace return.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #28
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Juggernaut™ View Post
Juggernaut: T-down to all. I really don't think he needs a remake, although perhaps incorporate the agility-based bonus of Counterstrike damage into Blade Storm, making it useless later into the game.

CW: T-up! He's big fat tank, and this will help with his big, fat tankiness. However, it makes his Return skill look so good, because this suggested ability essentially does NOTHING until lategame, and Return kinda helps him farm, so perhaps add this effect TO Return instead of having it replace return.
It seems to me that I will never change your mind about Yurnero.
Still, I was at least hoping that you will like Power Slash, a Blade Dance remake.

About CW.
He has 2 great skills that help him early game to become really good hero killer and after maxing out those two, getting 2 levels of his ultimate and one level of stats and then learns Tough Skin at level 13 and on, he could make great use of it in mid and late game.

Thanks for review.
Much appreciated!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #29
Captain Planet
Forum Staff
 
Captain Planet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Frieza Planet 419, because nobody ever goes to Frieza Planet 419
Steam: Freaky Alien Genotype
Posts: 20,456
Blog Entries: 6
Guide Writing Award Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 
Captain Planet is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

But that doesn't alter the fact that Tough Skin is essentially useless for about half the game. Any skill that's like that isn't going to make it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #30
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Juggernaut™ View Post
But that doesn't alter the fact that Tough Skin is essentially useless for about half the game. Any skill that's like that isn't going to make it.
I don't find Fatal Bonds or Dispersion that useful early game ether and lot of skills are useful only early game and latter become almost useless.
This works other way around, it's weak at star, but gets stronger latter.
Also, it is not big deal for CW since he has 2 great skills to start with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
4d4m3k
Member
 
4d4m3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 539
4d4m3k is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Ward --> Counterstrike
Critic -->Flash Step
And will be fine
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #32
l0r4k
Member
 
l0r4k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Poznan,Poland
Posts: 1,977
l0r4k is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Remember, that main idea of tanking is not having bunch of armor, it is way to attract enemies to attack you while you can stand it. So giving him armor is imo nonsense.
__________________
[SIGPIC UNDER CONSTRUCTION /troll]
Do you like -so?
Yes
No
__
I LOVE YOU!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #33
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4d4m3k View Post
Ward --> Counterstrike
Critic -->Flash Step
And will be fine
That could work too.
That's why I've put all 3 skills there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0r4k View Post
Remember, that main idea of tanking is not having bunch of armor, it is way to attract enemies to attack you while you can stand it. So giving him armor is imo nonsense.
Erm, how does Return make him take more damage than more armor?
Also, more armor means that he can take more damage, so I'm bit confused on what are you trying to say since more armor means that CW can tank better.
Especially with AS upgrade made by God of Death I've recommended there he would become a perfect tank.
At early game he could kill heroes with his 2 active skills and than latter be an insane tank with his 2 passives.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:20 AM   #34
PEW_PEW
Member
 
PEW_PEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 999
Blog Entries: 1
PEW_PEW is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithary View Post
Then how about make it deal Yurnero's average damage.
Lets say that if his damage is 100-110, shockwave will deal 105.
How about that?
In case that even that doesn't work, how about making it deal damage based on Yurnero's agility?
Something like 1.25x Yurnero's agility in as damage for shockwave.
Even though, it could work something like Critical Strike and deal damage equal to damage of attack that activated it.
Ya you would to use his agility, since like I said his attack damage can't be detected meaning theres no way to get an average.
__________________
>:3 Ɛ:<

Kool BeansI like notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenienteMani View Post
Also can u guys make a mode with no wards allowed, theyre rigged
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #35
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEW_PEW View Post
Ya you would to use his agility, since like I said his attack damage can't be detected meaning theres no way to get an average.
Is there any way to make it do, for example, only maximum (or minimum) of Yurnero's current attack damage?
I mean, forgive me for being a pain in the ass, but Blade Dance is a skill that does damage based on attack damage of that slash that triggered it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #36
psukkar
Member
 
psukkar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 603
psukkar is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

There's two heroes are heroes Ive used a lot over the years and they do not suck at all.

I really don't see where ur coming from at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #37
Lithary
Member
 
Lithary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Split, Croatia
Posts: 6,073
Blog Entries: 1
Lithary is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
There's two heroes are heroes Ive used a lot over the years and they do not suck at all.

I really don't see where ur coming from at all.
Dude, I sad that I was joking about that part. -.-
I know that both of them are awesome heroes and I've stated that Juggernaut is one of my favorite heroes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:20 PM   #38
PEW_PEW
Member
 
PEW_PEW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 999
Blog Entries: 1
PEW_PEW is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithary View Post
I mean, forgive me for being a pain in the ass, but Blade Dance is a skill that does damage based on attack damage of that slash that triggered it.
Bladedance is a completely hardcoded spell (made by blizzard) which means it has access to the wc3 damage system. However for reasons unknown blizzard disabled this system to anyone making modified skills which is why damage type can't be detected in dota.
__________________
>:3 Ɛ:<

Kool BeansI like notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenienteMani View Post
Also can u guys make a mode with no wards allowed, theyre rigged
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #39
Firefoo
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 30
Firefoo is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

We have to discuss about warchiefs new ability then. But atm T-UP
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #40
God_ii
Member
 
God_ii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 2,981
God_ii is offline
Default Re: [Remake] Juggernaut + Centaur Warchief

ur points are good (like how can a big centaur counter attack? and how does juggy pull a ward outta his sleeve?) but i dont rly like the suggested skills. t-null
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Remakes


Forum Jump

Thread Tools