Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Klein~

Default [Aghanim's Scepter] Ogre Magi

Ogre magi needs fireblast whole game, and mostly on mid/late. By the way, even getting 4x multicast isn't enough in my opinion. It does a big damage when hits 4x, but it could be better once Aggron is one of the heroes "heaven or hell" in the game. It's hard to hit multicast always, and right, it must be hard. After all, it does needs a upgrade by Aghanim's Scepter. I thought that it could be fair if before add more % on multicast or even more multicast, it add damage per multicast:

Let's say I hit 2x multicast with ultimate level 3 and fireblast level 4.
The damage will be 550.
It's ofc a nice damage for only 2x multicast, but on late game it doesn't even help if you get 2 or 3 multicast.
I'm up to suggest a Aghanim upgrade by doing the same thing as Aggron is in the game, the "heaven or hell". So it could be:

With Aghanim:
Normal cast: 285.
2x multicast: frist cast doing 285 damage, second doing 310 = 585
3x multicast: the same as up but in the order: 285, 310 and 360 = 955
4x multicast: 285, 310, 360, 460 = 1415

Without Aghanim:
Normal cast: 275
2x: 550
3x: 825
4x: 1100

The order of upgrade in damage that I used was:

1x = 10
2x = 10 + 25
3x = 10 + (25 * 2)
4x = 10 + (25 * 4)

About ignate I would say: add more damage. I really don't mind about ignate and if my suggest is good I prefer let someone else think on it for me.

About Bloodlust: 100% chance to multicast 2x and upgrade multicast % on 3x and 4x.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:28 AM   #2
arbie44

Default Re: [Aghanim's Scepter] Ogre Magi

much better if the % of x2 x3 x4 will increase when he use aghanims?
Old 10-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #3
Quiesce

Steam: Quiesce
Signature of the Week Winner 

it's not hard to hit multicast.

it's luck...

Old 10-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #4
dsbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.ft View Post

it's luck...
This. Anyways, t-null since I'm not sure if its better to increase the % or the damage.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Lithary

Why not just make it x3/x4/x5 and that it reduces Ignite's cooldown by 5 seconds with AS upgrade?
It's simpler to do it, more effective and more logical.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Klein~

Ofc the more % you have, better it is... The damage increased won't do more stun.

Quote:

it's luck...
You have only one try per 8 seconds, and the multicast isn't something that you can trust whole game, so it's hard to aim it...

I thought on decrease fireblast cooldown so it could work as more %, since it stuns for 1.5 seconds only, and not like hellfire blast which stuns and slow and damage hard for each 8 seconds... Making it 4 seconds cooldown at level 3 ultimate is a nice option too imo, and add 10 mana cost followed by 30 per multicast.

About x3/x4/x5: aren't really what Ogre Magi needs in my opinion, because:
1) no x2? it means the chance for x3, x4 and x5 will be increased.
2) x5 is too much stun.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
Lithary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein~ View Post
About x3/x4/x5: aren't really what Ogre Magi needs in my opinion, because:
1) no x2? it means the chance for x3, x4 and x5 will be increased.
2) x5 is too much stun.
The interval between Fireblasts is 0.3 seconds, so we are talking only 0.3 seconds of extra stun.
Also, I didn't understand what you mean under your reason no. 1.
Anyway, this is how his ultimate should look like:

Multi Cast:

Enables the Ogre Magi to rapidly cast his spells, giving them greater potency. Gives a chance to cast a spell multiple times in one cast. Reduces Fire Blast's cooldown by 2 seconds per level, reduces Bloodlust's cooldown by 5 seconds per level and Increases Ignite's area of effect by 150 per level. Also decrease Ignite's cooldown by 5 seconds.*

Level 1 - 30% chance to cast 2 (3*) times.

Level 2 - 40% chance to cast 2 (3*) times, 20% chance to cast 3 (4*) times.

Level 3 - 50% chance to cast 2 (3*) times, 25% chance to cast 3 (4*) times, and 12.5% chance to cast 4 (5*) times.

Notes:
- Can be improved by Aghanim's Scepter (* shows the improved values).
- Everything I didn't mention stays says as it was.

There.
I've also improved level 1 Multi Cast by 5% since 25 is just sad in my opinion this way scaling is better.
It's simple to make, it's effective, still balanced and worth your 4.2K golds worth that you need to buy for AS.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
Klein~

I mean that fireblast cannot doublecast anymore, just x3/x4/x5, so it means the % of x3/x4/x5 will be increased. It's not balanced imo, too much % on x3/x4/x5... I'm not sure but aghanim was almost like you said, I think the DotA version was 6.59:
50% chance to cast twice, 25% chance to cast three times, 12.5% chance to cast 4 times and 6% chance to cast 5 times.

It's totally fail if ou have a chance of 12,5% chance to cast 5x.

Obs: I vouch you about 5% more on level 1 multicast.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Lithary

Quote:
I mean that fireblast cannot doublecast anymore, just x3/x4/x5, so it means the % of x3/x4/x5 will be increased. It's not balanced imo, too much % on x3/x4/x5... I'm not sure but aghanim was almost like you said, I think the DotA version was 6.59:
50% chance to cast twice, 25% chance to cast three times, 12.5% chance to cast 4 times and 6% chance to cast 5 times.

It's totally fail if ou have a chance of 12,5% chance to cast 5x.

Obs: I vouch you about 5% more on level 1 multicast.
I don't understand the bold part.
I mean, I don't get the problem of not being able to double-cast it?
All % are going to stay the same.
Anyway, I don't think that it will be imbalanced, really.
I mean, you need to buy AS witch costs 4.2K gold and is made from 4 items (making it is pain in the ass and ungrateful) and be level 16 in order to gain 12.5% chance to cast your Fireblast.
That's not that imba in my opinion.
Not to mention that bonuses that AS gives are not that awesome for it's price and that there are other items that OM could use his gold to buy instead of AS and would benefit way more from it's bonuses.
Still, when it comes to damage, your level 3 ultimate actually does more damage than 5x cast so if mine idea is imba, then your is even more imba.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
Klein~

Quote:
Level 1 - 30% chance to cast 2 (3*) times.

Level 2 - 40% chance to cast 2 (3*) times, 20% chance to cast 3 (4*) times.

Level 3 - 50% chance to cast 2 (3*) times, 25% chance to cast 3 (4*) times, and 12.5% chance to cast 4 (5*) times.

Notes:
- Can be improved by Aghanim's Scepter (* shows the improved values).
- Everything I didn't mention stays says as it was.
As you tiped: "Level 3 - 50% chance to cast 2 (3*) times, 25% chance to cast 3 (4*) times, and 12.5% chance to cast 4 (5*) times."

2x - ???
3x - 50%
4x - 25%
5x - 12.5%

I see what is your goal. But many heroes has a Aghanim upgrade, but it's both viable to use or not, a exemple: Barathrum. At all, gives more % or adding damage+ works about the same, but the chances to get more damage by my suggestion is when you are lucky and strikes x4 as usual, and your idea is supose to give a greater % on multicast for x3/x4/x5, which does much more damage in terms of cost/benefits.

Let's say:

Ogre magi casts 3 times fireblast with level 3 ultimate and level 4 skill:

My suggestion:

Let's say I got respectivly 2x/3x/4x:
2x - 585
3x - 955
4x - 1415
Which is in total: 2985
The chance to this happen is: 1.56%

Your suggestion:

Same as before: x3/x4/x5
x3 - 825
x4 - 1100
x5 - 1275
Which is a total of: 3200
Chance to this happen: 1.56%

Ok, but what does it mean?
In terms of %, you do 215 DAMAGE MORE and in a BETTER CHANCE TO MULTICAST. It's ofc more damage and more % on cast. Since you add x5 it should be 12,5/2 = 6% ( old aghanim ).
Old 10-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
Corest

I hate f'ing ogre and his "luck" playing style... it's just plain stupid getting owned by someone that doesn't even know what he's doing
now you wanna increase the 12% chance (which for me its more like 50% cos i get hit 4 times every goddamn time) to hit 4 times to 5 times?! that kills most of dota heroes mid game.
and
Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 AM   #12
Monsterlord
Banned

Quote:
I hate f'ing ogre and his "luck" playing style... it's just plain stupid getting owned by someone that doesn't even know what he's doing
Ogre's a hero that will get assraped every time if you don't know what you're doing. He requires too much mana management and can be too easily gimped early on for newer players to work him well. If an Ogre is beating you, it's because he's good.

For the rest of the topic, idk if op's just firing off ideas without thinking or what >_>
Old 10-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #13
Lithary

Quote:
As you tiped: "Level 3 - 50% chance to cast 2 (3*) times, 25% chance to cast 3 (4*) times, and 12.5% chance to cast 4 (5*) times."

2x - ???
3x - 50%
4x - 25%
5x - 12.5%

I see what is your goal. But many heroes has a Aghanim upgrade, but it's both viable to use or not, a exemple: Barathrum. At all, gives more % or adding damage+ works about the same, but the chances to get more damage by my suggestion is when you are lucky and strikes x4 as usual, and your idea is supose to give a greater % on multicast for x3/x4/x5, which does much more damage in terms of cost/benefits.

Let's say:

Ogre magi casts 3 times fireblast with level 3 ultimate and level 4 skill:

My suggestion:

Let's say I got respectivly 2x/3x/4x:
2x - 585
3x - 955
4x - 1415
Which is in total: 2985
The chance to this happen is: 1.56%

Your suggestion:

Same as before: x3/x4/x5
x3 - 825
x4 - 1100
x5 - 1275
Which is a total of: 3200
Chance to this happen: 1.56%

Ok, but what does it mean?
In terms of %, you do 215 DAMAGE MORE and in a BETTER CHANCE TO MULTICAST. It's ofc more damage and more % on cast. Since you add x5 it should be 12,5/2 = 6% ( old aghanim ).
Yea, I can see your point (was a bit sleepy yesterday).
All in all, mine suggestion is a bit stronger (0.9 seconds more stun on those 3 Fireblasts and 215 damage more on those 3 Fireblasts).
But the thing is that your idea is simply too complicated and that difference in the end will not be that great.
Actually, only main difference here is that I also think that AS upgrade should give OM 5 seconds cooldown reduction on Ignite and that's it (AS should give some kind of upgrade to all of his skills and adding just additional AOE to Ignite is kinda pointless).
Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #14
4d4m3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
Ogre's a hero that will get assraped every time if you don't know what you're doing. He requires too much mana management and can be too easily gimped early on for newer players to work him well. If an Ogre is beating you, it's because he's good.

For the rest of the topic, idk if op's just firing off ideas without thinking or what >_>
You will get assraped even if you know what you're doing but no multicast at all (or multifail like TBS told in his portfolio ). If Ogre is really beating you, it's beacause he has enough luck to rape whole team by perma 4-cast (and skilled, but overall luck>skills, not talknig about epic noobs)
Old 10-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
Klein~

Quote:
Yea, I can see your point (was a bit sleepy yesterday).
All in all, mine suggestion is a bit stronger (0.9 seconds more stun on those 3 Fireblasts and 215 damage more on those 3 Fireblasts).
But the thing is that your idea is simply too complicated and that difference in the end will not be that great.
Actually, only main difference here is that I also think that AS upgrade should give OM 5 seconds cooldown reduction on Ignite and that's it (AS should give some kind of upgrade to all of his skills and adding just additional AOE to Ignite is kinda pointless).
I do like your idea because I like to play ogre, but in my opinion, your suggestion is overpowering him after all... Ogre had AS but it was token off just because it gave x5 at 6%...
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
Klein~

Complicated or not, the main thing we should look is at balance of game. If you are lucky enough to hit x4 it's nice but if you have AS and still got luck it's even better, at all both if you got AS or not it'll be almost the same (275 -> 285 for a normal cast, only 10 dmg +). The diference on our ideas is exacly taking off the x5 and adding dmg to hit almost x5 when you hit x4. It's like how the hero works, howmuch lucky u are, howmuch dmg you do.
I don't think my idea is that complicated to do because it's just add damage.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #17
Lithary

Quote:
Complicated or not, the main thing we should look is at balance of game. If you are lucky enough to hit x4 it's nice but if you have AS and still got luck it's even better, at all both if you got AS or not it'll be almost the same (275 -> 285 for a normal cast, only 10 dmg +). The diference on our ideas is exacly taking off the x5 and adding dmg to hit almost x5 when you hit x4. It's like how the hero works, howmuch lucky u are, howmuch dmg you do.
I don't think my idea is that complicated to do because it's just add damage.
It's complicated how it adds damage.
Also, scaling is not proper.
While your x4 is almost strong as x5, x2 lacks waaay behind x3.
Also, remember that AS bonuses are pretty shitty for it's price and especially in OM case.
He is slow, has low intelligence (witch is major drawback since he is suppose to be spam-type spellcaster) and is melee hero.
True that he has large amount of strength, but it won't help him that much if he doesn't get some nice items to boost him.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #18
SpiderPig
Banned

T-up
Old 10-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #19
Klein~

Quote:
It's complicated how it adds damage.
Also, scaling is not proper.
While your x4 is almost strong as x5, x2 lacks waaay behind x3.
Also, remember that AS bonuses are pretty shitty for it's price and especially in OM case.
He is slow, has low intelligence (witch is major drawback since he is suppose to be spam-type spellcaster) and is melee hero.
True that he has large amount of strength, but it won't help him that much if he doesn't get some nice items to boost him.
What I plan to give him is a 12,5% to cast a almost x5 multicast, it's nice...
Even if x2 or x3 will do less damage bonus than x4, they still fair, since ogre magi is a lucky char.
Although you don't think worth buy AS, I do think it worth. It's a 12,5% to cast almost same as x5... It's nice for ogre.
Even hard to create, it's better than don't make a upgrade balanced for him.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #20
Lithary

Quote:
What I plan to give him is a 12,5% to cast a almost x5 multicast, it's nice...
Even if x2 or x3 will do less damage bonus than x4, they still fair, since ogre magi is a lucky char.
Although you don't think worth buy AS, I do think it worth. It's a 12,5% to cast almost same as x5... It's nice for ogre.
Even hard to create, it's better than don't make a upgrade balanced for him.
Still, difference between x2 and x4 is too large in your case.
It's like having a Critical Strike ability that has chance to multiply damage by x2/x3.25/x5, or in this case I think that same number could be applied to your version of Multi Cast.
It's simply doesn't scale well.
At least that's how I see it.
Also, your upgrade doesn't fit OM that much and I don't see logic behind it.
It's just a chance to cast spell more times at once, not to amplify it witch each cast.
Why make it more complicated than it is?
I just see this as lot of complications, while it can be done in a much simpler way and still keep it balanced (and in my opinion even more balanced than your suggestion).
Old 10-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #21
Klein~

Because Ogre magi already had a AS and it had x5, but was token out.

My goal is reach a upgrade on multicast but still balanced.
The x2-x4 diference is big because howmuch lucky you are, howmuch better you do, and in this case you can still do nice because you'll have a chance to do x4 as powered. It's much more hard to hit x4 than x2, so it should be more strong than x2 bonus. Fair!

Taking it as you said, the hero will multicast x3/x4/x5 everytime, and whatever multicast it gets will do a greater bonus! No sences on do it, read again what I suggest and make your tests.

My way: harder to get the biggest bonus (x4 -> 4x275 + 210) but 12,5% for it. No overpowered, worth buy AS or not, as your wish... Since ogre magi depend on fireblast it's ofc the best way for him.

Your way: greater chances to cast x3/x4/x5. Overpowered, since only x5 do a greater damage, imagine it with a chance of 12.5%! x4, already strong, become more frequently! (25%). x3 besides x2, you just added 275 damage on a x2 cast! How can it be balanced?
Old 10-24-2010, 04:35 AM   #22
Hugaw

[QUOTE=Corest;1740825]I hate f'ing ogre and his "luck" playing style... it's just plain stupid getting owned by someone that doesn't even know what he's doing
/QUOTE]

Luck is also essential in dota, if ur saying this, then everything is stupid..!!

P.S other heroes us luck playing style too.. chaos knight and FV for example
Old 10-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #23
Monsterlord
Banned

Quote:
You will get assraped even if you know what you're doing but no multicast at all (or multifail like TBS told in his portfolio ). If Ogre is really beating you, it's beacause he has enough luck to rape whole team by perma 4-cast (and skilled, but overall luck>skills, not talknig about epic noobs)
Not particularly. Without Multicast, Ogre is still a significant asset to the team. You have a ranged stun, which, while expensive at later levels, is also on a very short cd. You have a large area slow and visual disruption. You have a powerful, spammable steriod skill. You'll likely have Arcane Boots at least into midgame, providing some support, and you're a very meaty hero, enough so that if the enemy tries to focus you it gives your allies plenty of time to attack.

The only difference Multicast really makes to a good Ogre is whether he manages to get Guinsoos or not, and deciding whether a clash is an even fight or a total wipeout because someone got instagibbed.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #24
arvinkasumi

I got lost in these numbers...

for me... I think this hero is based on luck
mosts of ogre's kills are based on luck.
Let's just improve his luck...
Good luck.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #25
TheLoGoK

Ogre is quite OK, just buy int items for him, about multicast its depends on your lucky, just like bactracks's void
Old 10-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
Lithary

Quote:
Because Ogre magi already had a AS and it had x5, but was token out.
The problem there was that he has about 30% chance to have x5 cast.
Here, there isn't such problem.

Quote:
My goal is reach a upgrade on multicast but still balanced.
The x2-x4 diference is big because howmuch lucky you are, howmuch better you do, and in this case you can still do nice because you'll have a chance to do x4 as powered. It's much more hard to hit x4 than x2, so it should be more strong than x2 bonus. Fair!
But that's kinda the problem.
Your AS barely upgrades x2 cast, while it gives a huge upgrade to x4 cast.
My AS upgrades all aspects equally, witch is important for this skill.

Quote:
Taking it as you said, the hero will multicast x3/x4/x5 everytime, and whatever multicast it gets will do a greater bonus! No sences on do it, read again what I suggest and make your tests.

My way: harder to get the biggest bonus (x4 -> 4x275 + 210) but 12,5% for it. No overpowered, worth buy AS or not, as your wish... Since ogre magi depend on fireblast it's ofc the best way for him.

Your way: greater chances to cast x3/x4/x5. Overpowered, since only x5 do a greater damage, imagine it with a chance of 12.5%! x4, already strong, become more frequently! (25%). x3 besides x2, you just added 275 damage on a x2 cast! How can it be balanced?
The biggest problem about your upgrade is that your upgrade is improving the strength of of those casts by making each of them stronger and that way you are moving away from whole Multi Cast concept.
His spells shouldn't be stronger, but he should cast them more often, that's what Multi cast is about.
That's why I said that Ignite's cooldown should be reduced, so he could cast it more often and that fits whole Multi Cast concept, while yours is making it stronger, witch is a whole another concept.
Mine upgrade sticks to that concept.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #27
Klein~

Quote:
The problem there was that he has about 30% chance to have x5 cast.
Here, there isn't such problem.
No, the chance of x5 on the old aghanim was 6%.

Quote:
But that's kinda the problem.
Your AS barely upgrades x2 cast, while it gives a huge upgrade to x4 cast.
My AS upgrades all aspects equally, witch is important for this skill.
I see ogre magi not as a hero to just multicast but a hero HEAVEN OR HELL, it means he can do a great thing or not, realease it!

Quote:
The biggest problem about your upgrade is that your upgrade is improving the strength of of those casts by making each of them stronger and that way you are moving away from whole Multi Cast concept.
Being a hero which need luck to be played and ofc x4 is the best multicast for fireblast, he should do more damage as HE'S LUCKY, X4 DOES THE BEST, X2 DOES THE WORSE, hard to understand?

About multicast concept: the multicast exist because ogre magi can KILL only using it, in other words, this was created to kill, cause damage, not just MULTICAST. Repeating: THE REAL GOAL OF MULTICAST ISN'T MULTICAST AS ITSELF IS, BUT CAUSE MORE AND MORE DAMAGE AS LUCKY FORM.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #28
Lithary

Quote:
No, the chance of x5 on the old aghanim was 6%.
I thought that you were talking about time when his ultimate had about 30% chance to make 2x/3x/4x cast and AS upgrade increased it to 3x/4x/5x chance.
Can you tell me in detail how that ultimate upgrade exactly did so maybe I can figure out a reason why it was removed?

Quote:
I see ogre magi not as a hero to just multicast but a hero HEAVEN OR HELL, it means he can do a great thing or not, realease it!
But the difference in damage between x2 and 4x is simply too great.

Quote:
Being a hero which need luck to be played and ofc x4 is the best multicast for fireblast, he should do more damage as HE'S LUCKY, X4 DOES THE BEST, X2 DOES THE WORSE, hard to understand?
Eh, he should simply cast it more times since his ultimate is, like I said, Multi Cast, not Improve Cast.

Quote:
About multicast concept: the multicast exist because ogre magi can KILL only using it, in other words, this was created to kill, cause damage, not just MULTICAST. Repeating: THE REAL GOAL OF MULTICAST ISN'T MULTICAST AS ITSELF IS, BUT CAUSE MORE AND MORE DAMAGE AS LUCKY FORM.
The goal of his ultimate is to make his skills more useful by casting them more at once.
It is Critical Strike for spells and that's that.
While mine idea sticks to that idea, your one is going away from it and that's the main problem.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #29
Klein~

I'm really tired of telling you what I plan for him. You just said whatever without any sence.

In this end, I'm up to tell that:
Multicast was create do hook with other skills making they powerfull.
Adding damage or chance is about the same but adding % you won't have a right number for a balanced game, which I told to add damage.
The goal on my idea is DO MORE DAMAGE AS MORE YOU ARE LUCKY, as MULTICAST ITSELF IS.

Done!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 AM   #30
Monsterlord
Banned

I love how this has turned into some epic battle between skeletons >,>
Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #31
Klein~

My avatar isn't a skelleton, it's Death!

:O
  Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Remakes