Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
Almayce

Default Rage thread-RGC point whores

Well, there is nothing much to say, but right now, i m pissed off, so this will be my little stress release, hope u dont mind. I ve been playin about half a day on RGC today, hoping to play some decent games, of course. I played about 5 games, 1 game was without leavers and pretty decent, we lost due to outpick late anyway, im not raging cause of that, the rest of that games was just point gathering by sentinel(i never play there, scourge ftw). And when that guy left, about 5th-10th minute mark, first thing i see in all chat is "no rmk", that makes me wanna smash their heads with hammer. And what is icing on the cake, what makes this day so special is when i play one game when we are winning, i have 3:0 bat on mid vs sf, he leaves and 3 out of 5 guys in my team write !votermk, in 10. minute...

So, guys, if u play on RGC, how do u deal with those people? And the other thing, do u think that they(I mean developers of RGC) will do something about this? Its still in beta, so there may be some better ideas how to deal with leavers, noob, etc.

Sorry for my english btw, I m still learnin.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Adyxxx

Default Re: Rage thread-RGC point whores

simple go to your country chanel and ask for higher gameplay leagues or ask for them on the main thread and stop playing pubs ...
Old 10-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
ramadan07

leavers problem is a serious problem cz leavers ruin the games all the time, and the command -so was found to help games to continue as much as posibble. anyways, for myself, i play host most of the time and my ban list is very huge, and i have too much people saying, we cannot join you when i spam in the main chat, join me apso for example. i hope that those leavers will be punished by any mean, i suppose to withdraw exp points from them because they are taking too much care of the exp and they leave to find easier game that will guarantee for them better exp point. also i hope in dota 2 they will find some solution for this, dunno how, but, still a hope. and relax bro, we used to stay 1 hour with contiuoing one single game. but what to do? nothing

btw. if you go to high level room, definitly you will find less leavers there.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #4
Shadow Fury
Banned

Suggestion Award 

Leavers suck.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
Almayce

Well, i dont care that much if im playin with people from my country, if they are good and understand just a little bit english, or do what they are supposed to do i really have no problem.

The problem is that u actually get punished more in RGC if ur teammate leaves - u loose 1 hero and u in 90% of cases loose u points, which are, as i cleverly figured out, everything they care about.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Roseveld

play in community with leaver protection.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
Cp6uja

Guide Writing Award 

Switch to Dotalicious. It has leaver-penalty system and better rules: DotAlicious Gaming! (Public Beta)

Increase DotA speed for about 10 fps here. Want fast and stable DotA? Go here!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
BabuinulVerde

no^.
RGC is still better then Dotalicious. Join Dr.Comm games, or get vouched in a league.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
teng)

Razer Global Challenge ?
Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
Almayce

Yes, thats where i play every day casual games. But i must say that i got better after writing down what bothered me... feels good
Old 10-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
incisorr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teng) View Post
Razer Global Challenge ?
i assume ranked dota client, the place with policy " we dont need good players as long as we have mature ones "
Old 10-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #12
DarkMedina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramadan07 View Post
leavers problem is a serious problem cz leavers ruin the games all the time, and the command -so was found to help games to continue as much as posibble. anyways, for myself, i play host most of the time and my ban list is very huge, and i have too much people saying, we cannot join you when i spam in the main chat, join me apso for example. i hope that those leavers will be punished by any mean, i suppose to withdraw exp points from them because they are taking too much care of the exp and they leave to find easier game that will guarantee for them better exp point. also i hope in dota 2 they will find some solution for this, dunno how, but, still a hope. and relax bro, we used to stay 1 hour with contiuoing one single game. but what to do? nothing

btw. if you go to high level room, definitly you will find less leavers there.
What the fuck do you want to tell with this? What is your point? Did you even read the thread? Or did you just ctrl+c ctrl+v out of your ''HEY I'M A PUB BUT I TOTALLY PWN PEOPLE WITH LESS THAN 50 APM" notepad phrases?

@OP

I do votermk at very clear situations, where there is a game ruiner that is feeding intentionally just for the sake of feeding. Other than that, the points are mine to grab, why would I care? Just ff if you are in the 4 man team, you won't win it at most situations anyway.

Teamstacking was considered an issue, but then they implemented an auto-balance system for a day, the day when RGC didn't have ANY PLAYER AT ALL online. At least on Brazil.

Btw, I really think that leavers get instabanned from RGC. It's a timeban iirc, and it gets much worse the more they leave. They also ban for PC ID, not IP. Not that it's impossible to get rid of the ban, but it's not that easy.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #13
Almayce

I think that command votermk needs some changes...when guy leaves from ur team in lets say fourth minute u need freakin SIX people to vote rmk and i ve seen just once, that they did so. U need either new command, something like "!noobingame" or some extension of votermk.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #14
Madchen

Report them here: Ban Requests
And dont worry, they cant multi
You can suggest about votermk here:http://www.mymgn.com/board/showthrea...2076-About-rmk
Old 10-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
DarkMedina

Maybe changing !votermk to 5 votes if there are 9 players ingame is the way to go.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
Almayce

Well, with 5 votes u still need 1 from opposing team and that still would be the problem imo. On the other hand there are some good ideas in link SMOKEDorc provided. Mainly this "My suggestion would be to decrease the needed votes to remake the game to 4 all the time so only the team where someone disconnects needs to decide if they actually want to play on or not. Additionally the score difference between the teams may not be greater than, let's say 5, or else the remake option won't be available or is replaced with the !ff option early game. " Pretty much "my" idea
Old 10-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #17
LimitbreaKer

YAPWWAFPOR.

Yet Another Person Who Whines About FUCKING PUBS On RGC.

[22:14] NeC.madchen: i made "calculations in the warehouse" in c# and prof gave me A
[22:14] NeC.madchen: he said: u imba, u so pro
[22:14] NeC.madchen: and i said u noob, gg no re
Quote:
[17:23] deaded: please insult me im scottish i get off on that shit
Quote:
[16:41] CRO_ZeuS: fuck u then
[16:42] Bart0zzo: u2
[16:42] Bart0zzo: where are ur friends?
[16:43] Reynevan: oh, there's my friends!
[16:43] Reynevan: which slot can i take?
Old 10-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
AWRNSS

The client is great, way better than Garena (and let's don't even mention Dotalicious). I currently live in Argentina and I can play lag-free aganist europeans...

If you want to play better games, just try to get vouched in DR.Community, it's a very nice place to play.

Also the client is constantly updated, solutions will come
Old 10-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #19
DarkMedina

@Almayce

Yeah, but it would be something less radical.

6 -> 5 instead of 6 -> 4
Old 10-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
marcvs

Soon new leaver free pub league inc.

Or get vouched somewhere else
Old 10-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #21
Atomos21

I used to play on RGC, but I found that, as an american, the european host bots have a slight delay. I have some friends that wont play with so-called slight delay, I'll admit it effects me a bit, but quality games is what Im looking for. How do other american players feel about RGC?
Getting tired of DotA-licious myself... It would be better if more people played on it, bots are great, stats keeping and penalty system are good. Id personally rather just have more people playing on this =P
Old 10-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #22
Stu

@ Atomos21-There are players from America playing on par with European players and play regularly , but there are some European players that lag on the bots also... so i guess it comes down to your own internet. In general it is not and issue that you are from america .

@ Almayce - Yes, that is an issue. We are discussign several options that also concern the autobalance issues as well. In all fairness it is hard to moderate such a large public channel and keep everyone happy. The votermk system will be remade/tweaked. The autobalance is needed and will be applied fully soon also although its turned off atm.

Also there are the custom channels - dotarank.mymgn.com - manners based community that is fully moderated and very active. DR.com is the basic channel and we got a DR.ih channel in which only the more skilled players are vouched
dpl.mymgn.com - skills based league . So get vouched and play better games. As a general in the custom channels people almost dont care about points
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #23
Almayce

To DarkMedina:

I know, but it has to be more radical than ur suggestion, because it wont solve the problem. U have to think as a guy, who sits inside his comfy, safe and warm room, guarded by four walls and mommy and the only thing he cares about is writing opposites,pissing u off and jerking off. So we have to assume that 1 guy u need to rmk just wont do it(respect to mannered ones).

To LimitBreaker:

I dont whine, i just needed to write my feelings down so i could calm down a little bit. If u give a shit u are not supposed to write here, no one asked u.

I ll consider that vouching, but i still feel i need to practise some more, i dont play everyday like i used to.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #24
Fixthemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by God of Death View Post
Leavers suck.
Suckers leave.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #25
Unstable

Hmm thats why I never play public, join DR comm/ih or some league for better expirience.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #26
FruitLord

Doesn't RGC have their own forums or some method of sending notes to the developers? Bleh.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
Almayce

I dont need to whine on their forum, i just wanted to know YOUR opinion HERE about it, anyway happened three more times since then. Even better now i had to leave game, cause 3 of our teammates left(wow) and i would have to wait 15 minutes for ff.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #28
Very_Octopus

What about register another account? It doesn't need a valid email and it takes like 20 seconds. We don't care about point's so..Leave when you freaking want
Old 10-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #29
Valorian
Forum Manager

Quote:
i just wanted to know YOUR opinion HERE about it
lol Fruitlord was just letting you know, as gently as possible, no one cares

if you're having such a bad time, why do you need to validate it with others? just leave on your own accord and stop playing. there are plenty of other places to play DotA. right now your 'sharing' just sounds like a call for attention to denounce the RGC service, which plainly makes no difference here except paint you unfavorably

tl;dr QQ/Rant/Rage threads are a bore, keep it to yourself or tell it to someone who cares and can actually do something about it
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #30
Kikut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valorian View Post
lol Fruitlord was just letting you know, as gently as possible, no one cares

if you're having such a bad time, why do you need to validate it with others? just leave on your own accord and stop playing. there are plenty of other places to play DotA. right now your 'sharing' just sounds like a call for attention to denounce the RGC service, which plainly makes no difference here except paint you unfavorably

tl;dr QQ/Rant/Rage threads are a bore, keep it to yourself or tell it to someone who cares and can actually do something about it
That's true. Saying on the forum how full of idiots/losers/etc. game-community is won't help in any way.
You won't get much response that would help you in any way.
Just go play somewhere else. Or stop playing.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #31
rQd.SorroW.FF

Hi guys,

I'm FEAR, one of RGC admins.

Public channel as it's name says is just public.
I don't think Garena or other platforms (not familiar with them, much) have better pubs or some drastical difference.
Public is meant for low skilled players + players who're banned from private channels due to some reasons. ; )

You got plenty of private channels you can apply to.
Some of them are

DotA Rank -> manner based community, no leavers and no flaming.

DotA - DotA Private League *RGC* -> mid skilled league, pretty decent games.

Also there is N-DotA which is channel for high skilled players only and it's closed atm ( invite only ).

However, if someone is forced to play pubs for some reason, it's still moderated and game ruin/hacks/racism/constant leaving ARE bannable, period is defined by frequency of leaving or level of flaming etc.

If you have any further questions about RGC, feel free to /w FEAR.inCarnate` and ask me anything you want to know.

Regards,
FEAR
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #32
Sir Rogers

Almayce, first of all I'd like to thank you for making a topic. And this is for everyone, please make a post on our official board:
Ranked Gaming Client

In the suggestions category, on how you would like to see the votermk command redone. I know it has to be redone, I'm still looking for suggestions how this should be done. The more opinions, the better.

So Almayce, it'd be great if you could use the MyMGN forums aswell, it keeps the ideas together. When people make rage topics, I think that is a good thing, tough I'm sure many others would disagree with me. It shows that you care, and you have definitely put some thought into writing your posts.

I'm Sir Rogers, the creator, and currently only developer of RGC. I'm always looking for user feedback and I'm improving RGC according to user suggestions. I am well aware that the situation in public isn't at its best. I have a great matchmaking system in mind which would solve all of the problems, the issue is that the system is quite complicated and it would take me at least half a year to code alone. So I have to focus on other things first.

The client itself needs more upgrades: account management (name/pass change), clan management (more clan options), reconnect, advanced statistics and many more things.

The easiest solution for me was to leave public be public, we do moderate on heavy cases, but as the staff is small and things are changing a lot, the public is rather loosely moderated. People who intentionally ruin games are of course not wanted and we take care of them when reported. About leavers, as there is currently no reconnect, a lot of people get short, genuine, internet failures (sometimes not more than 1-2 seconds) which is enough to get a disconnect inside wc3. It's not very tolerant towards internet failure.

I am however working hard on reconnect. The thing about Ranked Gaming Client is that I started working on it because there was no good alternative or DotA players such as myself at the time. I absolutely hate Garena with a passion, I think that they're money greedy bastards and they are delivering a bad service and a bad platform. If their client was working fine, I wouldn't mind at all. This is something nice about RGC, I think that there maybe some weird crashbugs related to the Windows UI, I don't think it's my code. My RGC has crashed once in 6 months. Sometimes when I do patches, I introduce bugs, but they are fixed asap. I am constantly working on RGC, 24/7 to be exact, to make it the best gaming platform for DotA and other games in the future.

Actually I'd like it to be the best gaming platform in the world, I guess I just gotta work harder. There are private channels, separate communities, where you can find games of greater quality. It was the easiest way for me to solve the game quality problem. There will be a better public system, I just cant say yet when. There will also be LAN/playerhosting at some stage. How that will look like, I don't know yet either. I will probably try to make an improved service, maybe show users statistics about hosts. How many games they hosted, how many of those games the host disced, maybe some peer feedback system on hosts. I don't know yet, all I know is when I try to make something, I'll do it to the best of my ability. I'm a very dedicated and passionate person, and I absolutely hate when something is done at a poor quality. Well so much about me, you can help by posting on the forums, commenting what you don't like and get other people to post aswell.

RGC doesn't have it's own website/forums or even a donation system yet, and it's been running for 14 months now. My priority is on the quality of the client and I will sort out the others things as they come along.

I hope this answered some of your questions.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Sir Rogers
Old 10-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #33
Almayce

Well, my point wasnt to draw attention of RGC admins or whatever, i just needed ur opinion about situation i described. And apparently, someone cares, so please Valorian, keep your clever comments to urself. That was the first thing, next one is that im actually happy on RGC(100% better than garena,bnet). What i ve been experiencing today is just bad luck on players, which needed to be ventilated and, if i read correctly, i can write here about anything dota related, correct me if im wrong.

Anyway, thanks for replying FEAR. And just to be clear, pub on RGC is way different than pub on garena(in a good way). What im saying is that remake command needs some tweaks.

Sir rogers, im not sure what to write except thank u for taking a good care about ur community. If I sounded disrespectful or something i apologize, i didnt expect u guys(RGC admins) to respond in my rage topic. Anyway, good luck and keep up good work.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #34
Sir Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almayce View Post
Sir rogers, im not sure what to write except thank u for taking a good care about ur community. If I sounded disrespectful or something i apologize, i didnt expect u guys(RGC admins) to respond in my rage topic. Anyway, good luck and keep up good work.
Not at all, please do create a topic in the Suggestions forum tough. I am very close to redo the votermk command and I just really need some additional opinions. :-)

Oh yeah, don't ever hesitate to post your opinion/feedback or whatever. I'm there to listen. I got big plans for RGC so eventually I may not have time to read all the forums on the different sites like I am doing right now, but I will make sure that it'll always be possible to reach me somehow.

Regards,
Sir Rogers
Old 10-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #35
willalwaybenoob

Don't play pubs, they leave a lot.

PS:I was thinking that in dota 2 players can join games that have leavers, to fill the spot....
Old 10-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #36
Sir Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalwaybenoob View Post
Don't play pubs, they leave a lot.

PS:I was thinking that in dota 2 players can join games that have leavers, to fill the spot....
I was thinking of that. Because Civilization III allowed you to do this. If a player left the game, an AI would occupy it and then other players could rejoin and take the player's position.

It's a nice thought in theory, and it's technically implentable. However if you have a 0-8 guy and the player ragequits. Anyone joining in afterwards will probably do the same. It's a nice idea in theory, but in praxis it just doesn't work out. Needless to say it didn't work in civ3, it had no practical use apart from "existing" as a feature.

Regards,
Sir Rogers
Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #37
Valorian
Forum Manager

Quote:
Well, my point wasnt to draw attention of RGC admins or whatever, i just needed ur opinion about situation i described. And apparently, someone cares, so please Valorian, keep your clever comments to urself. That was the first thing, next one is that im actually happy on RGC(100% better than garena,bnet). What i ve been experiencing today is just bad luck on players, which needed to be ventilated and, if i read correctly, i can write here about anything dota related, correct me if im wrong.

Anyway, thanks for replying FEAR. And just to be clear, pub on RGC is way different than pub on garena(in a good way). What im saying is that remake command needs some tweaks.

It is true DotA Chat is for discussing anything DotA related. However PD is not affiliated with any DotA hosting services so we're frankly helpless when it comes to problems with them.

in this case the RGC admins came across the topic so that's good, but it turns out there's an official board and such which they surely pay more attention to, so why not post there instead?

if every player who had had a bad day made a topic about how shitty it was DotA Chat would be filled with such. My point wasn't to be clever, it was to tell you that you'd be better off posting your thoughts where they were more likely to be heard and received well. In hindsight I should have worded it better, but I was posting from years of reading ineffectual QQ threads. Sorry^^
Old 10-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #38
Almayce

Well, I didnt write here to change anything, i know that players are reading this forum so i wanted to ask them, how they feel about it.If i encountered some kind of technical problem, I would surely write on their forum.
But i see ur point, if i had to read and take care of these kind of threads everyday i would probably react the same.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #39
Raz-

Quote:
Originally Posted by god of death View Post
leavers suck.
^ dis.

'Cause cool men don't cheat. ~ Soul

Back at PD.com
Last edited by Raz-; 10-28-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #40
SlashStrike

Quote:
Well, there is nothing much to say, but right now, i m pissed off, so this will be my little stress release, hope u dont mind. I ve been playin about half a day on RGC today, hoping to play some decent games, of course. I played about 5 games, 1 game was without leavers and pretty decent, we lost due to outpick late anyway, im not raging cause of that, the rest of that games was just point gathering by sentinel(i never play there, scourge ftw). And when that guy left, about 5th-10th minute mark, first thing i see in all chat is "no rmk", that makes me wanna smash their heads with hammer. And what is icing on the cake, what makes this day so special is when i play one game when we are winning, i have 3:0 bat on mid vs sf, he leaves and 3 out of 5 guys in my team write !votermk, in 10. minute...

So, guys, if u play on RGC, how do u deal with those people? And the other thing, do u think that they(I mean developers of RGC) will do something about this? Its still in beta, so there may be some better ideas how to deal with leavers, noob, etc.

Sorry for my english btw, I m still learnin.
I feel for you mate, I started playing RGC too about a weak ago. I know it sucks, but remember, leavers lose a huge amount of points when they leave. And just write !points before the game starts. If you see anyone with below 1450 points, votekick him. Leavers are always a problem, but you gotta admit RGC has less leavers than Garena.

http://www.twitch.tv/slashstrike

Defense of the Ancients DotA Chat