Wyk
Forum Staff

Signature of the Week Winner 

Default [WDC 2010] EHOME vs DTS

World DotA Championship Group Stage Match
Game #1

DTS vs EHOME

DTS

Last edited by OwL OwL; 11-18-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
Syaska

Default Re: [WDC 2010] EHOME vs DTS

Very stronk strategy by DTS.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #3

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #4
Syaska

^That's not cool for tpinsane, you angry mod.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
physics223

This was a total outpick. The surprise picks by DTS were great.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
woozie how

Lag>Ehome

Wait till lan you noob ukrainians... oh wai-
I have a friend over the internet, he has 2 fathers (gay couple) and he has the happiest life a teenager cam have, he has a car, goes to best school and can bring girls to his room without any objection. and his is rich.

Course he'd like to know about his mom but its only blood for that matter. and he is happy enough with his fathers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegiThree View Post
I have a friend, he is Jesus. He drove an SUV over the pacific ocean and we ended up camping inside an orange county dunkin donuts.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
Veyron

That replay was sure worth waiting for, so much win. You can't beat EHOME at their game so I am glad DTS didn't bother trying. This game was so thrilling, action all the time. Was watching that game at the edge of my seat.

Tremendous team performance by DTS, obviously. ArtStyle has grown to be such a good player. Unusual hero in a strat? Artstyle pulls him off np. Great captain, great player. Light made the best of his horrible laning and surely profited from his team entertaining everybody all game. Dendi, NS, Dread acting like one unit.

And EHOME? They didn't even play bad at all. Failure is nothing known to them, but their scheme didn't work here. Burning and J farmed quickly as usual. Despite being held down SF hat BKB and travels at 22 min. Same applies to KingJ. The constant buybacks made further inventory improvement almost impossible : D

Great moment at 36 min: SF ults Venge in Scourge woods! : >
Old 11-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
K2SO4!Archangel

2nd tower down in 4 minutes. Nothing more needs to be said after watching replay. WP DTS, go win this shit.

EHome severely underestimated the survivability of sentinel heros, especially Enchantress with heal on. ES ulti + SF ulti failed to kill anything. DTS had a boatload of items and spells to keep their heros alive, and when Ehome wasted all their spells they were screwed.
[17:07:02] <danger_x> qiut dota man u suck
check out my guide on Harbinger, the Destroyer - Cleanse the world of retardation!
Signature thanks to Szadek!
Last edited by K2SO4!Archangel; 11-10-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
woozie how

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
And EHOME? They didn't even play bad at all. Failure is nothing known to them, but their scheme didn't work here. Burning and J farmed quickly as usual. Despite being held down SF hat BKB and travels at 22 min. Same applies to KingJ. The constant buybacks made further inventory improvement almost impossible : D
Imo getting that BoTs was stupid. He didnt even fully utilise them. Going for a manta would have been better cause the images are good for counter pushing and dts had a lot of single targetting spells against which manta shines.
I have a friend over the internet, he has 2 fathers (gay couple) and he has the happiest life a teenager cam have, he has a car, goes to best school and can bring girls to his room without any objection. and his is rich.

Course he'd like to know about his mom but its only blood for that matter. and he is happy enough with his fathers.
Quote:
I have a friend, he is Jesus. He drove an SUV over the pacific ocean and we ended up camping inside an orange county dunkin donuts.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
Elminister

There's a new sheriff in town.

DTS was always known for unorthodox picks. I'm glad if 6.69c finally rewards such line of play.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
physics223

I know EHOME beat DTS at ESWC, but were there any other matches where they battled as well?

Anyway, this was just a great strategy by DTS.You just can't beat EHOME at their own game, so they made their own rules and beat EHOME at it.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Disraeli

Fucking awesome strat! Glad it payed off. European DotA ftw.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
woozie how

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I know EHOME beat DTS at ESWC, but were there any other matches where they battled as well?
I believe there was one more match played as well before the final but DTS lost that as well and they were sent to the loser bracket.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
WarAngel

EHOME why?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
UTDC.Justin

Just poor choices to take WR SF Razor for EHOME, forces them to commit to their lanes, ES and especially CM just a weird choice. Trilaning bottom was also an obselete decision after how picks went.

As I said, Dazzle and NS are really strong but unpopular for the strangest reasons. In a HP/survivability-first game, Dazzle provides team with early desos, neutralizes enemy HP/armor, heals, slows and grave, as well as high laning power. Enchantress also did a great job here as well, taking on towers for WR (and adding pressure to SF mid). The amount of damage and attention that she and Dazzle soaked up this fight was just massive. Panda showed off how strong he still is as well.

Massive trolling by the Sylla to handle the trilane.

Solid play by DTS

Also hilarious Aegis abuse by Razor

Staff Profile
Old 11-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #16
Veyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozie how View Post
Imo getting that BoTs was stupid. He didnt even fully utilise them. Going for a manta would have been better cause the images are good for counter pushing and dts had a lot of single targetting spells against which manta shines.
Disagree, BoTs were needed, because DTS was on the move all the time. So in order to be there when something happens he needed those. He couldn't make much use of them because the game developed into a siege situation at scourge base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDC.Justin View Post
Just poor choices to take WR SF Razor for EHOME, forces them to commit to their lanes, ES and especially CM just a weird choice. Trilaning bottom was also an obselete decision after how picks went.
I had a feeling that at the end of DTS first pick phase they anticipated what was coming at them - they chose ES as antipusher. WR and SF are standard first picks, burning doesnt seem to know to play much else, but his SF is great. I guess Razor was partly taken for his AoE nuke ... but yeah, the CM pick was weird. Veno might have been the better choice. Oh well, in the end I guess they were not able to think of a counter strategy in these some seconds they had while picking. And who would blame them?
Old 11-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #17

discuss more!!

just saw the rep and i couldnt stop grinning.
Justin is right, i was amazed at the massive amounts of damage ench+sp were able to tank so early in the game. The mid-kill on SF and ES by the two was mind boggling!

Also very-very timely shallow grave usages by Dendi-the superman. SG'd people would just back off and heal up quickly, and contribute to the team battle.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #18
Drickosh

this game is really worth recommended >.< but I still hope the parser would work as I usually judge a game by it before watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elminister View Post
My favorite part in these replays are CM's deaths and her death scream. Must be the hero in Dota with most deaths. I just keep my screen on CM and follow her everywhere, just waiting for that Lion's Finger of Death to come off CD or watching enemy dots on minimap close in on her. And seems opposing team likes to see her die too.

I think someone should make a Youtube video - 30 mins of gruesome and horrible CM deaths in Dota.
Last edited by Drickosh; 11-10-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #19
woozie how

Quote:
Originally Posted by drickz View Post
this game is really worth recommended >.< but I still hope the parser would work as I uusually judge a game by it before watching
Well the endscore board showed that Ehome's carries had twice-thrice times as much farm as DTS's carries...

But DTS still pwned them like np

Quote:
Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #20
hannibal.

go DTS, go, best team in the world !
Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #21
Zieth

Here's an interesting image they displayed before the game, if anyone can translate I'd appreciate it :P

Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #22
K2SO4!Archangel

Counterclockwise from the top: Teamfight, push, defend, laning, gank.

Ehome won 9 in their last 10 games.
DTS won 6 out of 10.
check out my guide on Harbinger, the Destroyer - Cleanse the world of retardation!
Old 11-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #23
tpinsane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159 View Post
discuss more!!

just saw the rep and i couldnt stop grinning.
Justin is right, i was amazed at the massive amounts of damage ench+sp were able to tank so early in the game. The mid-kill on SF and ES by the two was mind boggling!

Also very-very timely shallow grave usages by Dendi-the superman. SG'd people would just back off and heal up quickly, and contribute to the team battle.
Me and Azarkon do some nice analyses at gosu gamers if you want to read something about the game.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #24

yes read them .. post the link plz. really nice discussion of DTS strat and what can be done about it!!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #25
tpinsane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaska View Post
^That's not cool for tpinsane, you angry mod.
No I actually knew the result after the first 3 picks. Push strat and a very bad choice of first picks - wr and sf resulted in a game loss. Unless DTS has another good strat to surprice a Chinese top team I doubt they will win over such a team again. Ehome even totally outpicked and surpriced lost not that easy which speaks about the difference in the skill level of the both teams. You know usually the weaker teams opt for push strats in order to get a victory against the favourite.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159 View Post
yes read them .. post the link plz. really nice discussion of DTS strat and what can be done about it!!
GosuGamers DotA | Thread: Ehome vs DTS analysis

Starting from page 4 or 5 I think. My gosugamers id is ins to these that dont know.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #26
Wyk
Forum Staff

Signature of the Week Winner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieth View Post
Here's an interesting image they displayed before the game, if anyone can translate I'd appreciate it :P
Old 11-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #27
jimmyvan

I am surprised ehome picked Razor, but it was pretty much a fail. Shallow grave counters razor's ulti so hard in teamfight.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #28
woozie how

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyvan View Post
I am surprised ehome picked Razor, but it was pretty much a fail. Shallow grave counters razor's ulti so hard in teamfight.
Except that... razor was their only pick which turned out to work better than all of their others. If it wasnt for razor, i wouldnt have been suprised if Artstyle had managed a few rampages.

And anyways Dendi wasnt even aiming Weave at his own team. He was aiming it at Ehome most of the time.

Their most fail pick was Nevermore. If they had gotten Lion instead the endscore might have been different.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #29
K2SO4!Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpinsane View Post
No I actually knew the result after the first 3 picks. Push strat and a very bad choice of first picks - wr and sf resulted in a game loss. Unless DTS has another good strat to surprice a Chinese top team I doubt they will win over such a team again. Ehome even totally outpicked and surpriced lost not that easy which speaks about the difference in the skill level of the both teams. You know usually the weaker teams opt for push strats in order to get a victory against the favourite.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

GosuGamers DotA | Thread: Ehome vs DTS analysis

Starting from page 4 or 5 I think. My gosugamers id is ins to these that dont know.
A team is weaker because they opted for a pushing strat instead of a farming one....?
Old 11-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #30
tpinsane

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2SO4!Archangel View Post
A team is weaker because they opted for a pushing strat instead of a farming one....?
Well at least the history has showed that many times. The smart teams and DTS is one of them also know that. If u remember BG vs Aeon from ESWC BG knew they are weaker and opted for a push strat and won. As a strategist myself I have used push strats to surprice better teams than mine too. It is just a common logic.

It is another story that DTS often uses push strats, but not always. Turtling or farming is pretty much non existent strat since 6.64 era. The new meta game just forces one of the teams to defend in almost every game. You cant just go like that for meduza turtling, pl turtling, sniper stack, 3 lane pushing with potm, pl, krobe, magina and etc.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #31
Veyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2SO4!Archangel View Post
I guess his point is that if both play with the same strat the team that functions better / is stronger wins. So the weaker one has to resort to a different strat. The only two strategies there are really are pushing and farming: getting down the tree/throne with either pushers quickly or with farmed carries later on. I don't exactly agree, because perfect execution of a strategy is one aspect of being good. Thinking outside the box is another. And EHOME to me seems to be horrible at the latter.

Btw since I root for DTS I sure hope the participants of WDC don't read Arzarkon's analyses. He might actually have very good points and provide quite some insight.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #32
UTDC.Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpinsane View Post
Well at least the history has showed that many times. The smart teams and DTS is one of them also know that. If u remember BG vs Aeon from ESWC BG knew they are weaker and opted for a push strat and won. As a strategist myself I have used push strats to surprice better teams than mine too. It is just a common logic.

It is another story that DTS often uses push strats, but not always. Turtling or farming is pretty much non existent strat since 6.64 era. The new meta game just forces one of the teams to defend in almost every game. You cant just go like that for meduza turtling, pl turtling, sniper stack, 3 lane pushing with potm, pl, krobe, magina and etc.
Well while using a surprising strategy is indeed an option for lower-ranked teams, but DTS is a good team, and if you noticed some of the biggest mistakes made by EHOME were their strategy-limiting picks (unbalanced WR, SF pick - bizarre late picks) and lanes (terrible idea to trilane). DTS just scored a heavy advantage before the game started, did excellent in the first few minutes and built on that, while EHOME put on a huge list of restrictions in what they could do that game.

If you looked at the NV.my and LGD game, along with the NV.cn + Chengdu (The second game played yesterday night) this was the case as well. The first game had one team getting a very specific item-set or style of play that seriously impacted the other, while the next one featured a slow destruction from a combination of a Brood lane and an unfortunate and early SF death.

Staff Profile
Old 11-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #33
jimmyvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozie how View Post
Except that... razor was their only pick which turned out to work better than all of their others. If it wasnt for razor, i wouldnt have been suprised if Artstyle had managed a few rampages.

And anyways Dendi wasnt even aiming Weave at his own team. He was aiming it at Ehome most of the time.

Their most fail pick was Nevermore. If they had gotten Lion instead the endscore might have been different.
yeah. Lion could be a better pick. razor was the only one actually farmed well. though he had the items to tank, to survive long enough to drain damage from enchantress, he is not that kind of 1v5 hero.
news says that ehome actually planned to pick druid, but dts just went before them
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #34
teng)

Wow, similar strategy to NWO in RGC.

Btwn, Lion > CM for burst damage.

Congratz to DTS.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #35
Gheizen64

Quote:
Originally Posted by teng) View Post
Wow, similar strategy to NWO in RGC.

Btwn, Lion > CM for burst damage.

Congratz to DTS.
CM was picked to freeze 10 seconds the bear, thought i've never seen it done in the game.

EDIT: actually CM was picked after sylla ? So mindfart pick probably.

Look my reorganization of the weapon shop for:
Organized shop layout (ala Sena the Accesorizer)
More unique +dmg items (BoA ,Broadswoard & Claymore)
Items and recipes are more logical and intuitive
Hammer is the old Javelin (the %chance fits naturaly in Basher + Mael)
Desolator is now made from swords
and more!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #36
tpinsane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I guess his point is that if both play with the same strat the team that functions better / is stronger wins. So the weaker one has to resort to a different strat. The only two strategies there are really are pushing and farming: getting down the tree/throne with either pushers quickly or with farmed carries later on. I don't exactly agree, because perfect execution of a strategy is one aspect of being good. Thinking outside the box is another. And EHOME to me seems to be horrible at the latter.

Btw since I root for DTS I sure hope the participants of WDC don't read Arzarkon's analyses. He might actually have very good points and provide quite some insight.
Yes Azarkon's analyse is a pretty good one and I think both me and him are on the oppinion that if Ehome just played their game and picked like they always used to pick they would have pretty much be able to counter this DTS strat. Unfortunatelly as Justin already noticed Ehome did very bad with the picks from the begining and later it was just too hard to recover.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #37
tonbon

Wow, what an awesome game. Honestly when sent tried pushing mid after they had gotten the aegis I thought scourge would hold them off, kill them, and counterpush rax. Sylla trying to peak his head into base only to get completely wrecked, I thought that was it for sent. Scourge had a whole lot of aoe nuking power and sentinel had none. Scourge had 3 heroes farming like mad, and nobody had 100 creeps on sent i believe. On paper you would never think scourge lost this game. Awesome fucking play by the sentinel. Finally there seems to be a reliable way to defeat ehome and the so-called *asian* strat. WATCH THIS GAME!
Old 11-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #38
4saken.Infinity

Let's just say that Artstyle has a fitting name :3
Old 11-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #39
iKrivetko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
CM was picked to freeze 10 seconds the bear
You must have been in a deep sleep. It hasn't been working like that for a long time.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #40
Zieth

DC Former Coach of Ehome was interviewed:
Quote:
Q: Please give your thoughts about the recent match (ed: between Ehome and DTS)

DC: In the match that just happened, the opponent's tactics and execution were very good, whereas Ehome's tactic of protecting Lightning Revenant (ed: Razor) did not produce good results. In addition, the opponent's formation up top with Panda, VS, and Little Deer (ed: Enchantress) was well executed.

Q: Do you think the game that was just lost is a fluke? Against well-prepared foreign teams, should domestic start taking things very seriously?

DC: Losing is never a fluke. There are always reasons.

Q: We interviewed DTS and they said that they deliberately developed new hero line-ups and strategies for Ehome and other top teams, and are well prepared for the tournament. Do you think that Chinese teams have problems in the new version?

DC: In dealing with new versions, European teams are often better than Asian teams in exploring new line-ups and coming up with new strategies. However, once you reach the mid and late stages of a version release, for various reasons they are not really able to contend with Asian teams. This is a trend we must break, because it's not right. It's why we fall behind in innovation and development - there's a problem here. As a professional team, you can't keep using "results" as an excuse. This is because innovating allows you to achieve even better results and reach greater heights. This is an issue with ourselves. This time should be a lesson for us that we need to correct our attitude.

Q: How well do you think Ehome coped with today's confrontation?

DC: This is not EHOME, the performance is terrible.
  News & Events Matches Old Matches