Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
ark-eXodia

Default The Best Furion Build?

i had played furion recently and had saw his great potential as a great ganker, and good dps-er.
So i just want to know what do you think the best build on him because there are some many counter on him i think.
So here;s are my review about furion :

He was a fragile heroes that have low armor low hp, so he can die easily but he have a great potential with a great farming ability(teleport and wrath of nature) and a great global map mobility(you can teleport anywhere if you have explored the area, even i think tinker is still num 1 on map mobility).

ok let starts with his skill first :
- Sprout
An amazing skill that can disable enemy by trapping it for 5,25 seconds(on lvl 4) especially if your enemy is mele , you can harras him easily.But this skill was easily countered by QB and tango, also some enemy had a skill that can destroy tree(enigma Midnight pulse, alleria power shot,jakiro macroype,rexar wild axe,tauren earth spiliiter and etc).The only good thing that;s this skill has 8 seconds cool down so you can cast it often(oh,also the tree can be used to block enemy vision)and some range enemy still can attack you.
-Teleportation
This skill was furion core skill to make him become deadly ganker and rice farmer,the weaknerss of this skill that you can go to area that had;nt be explored by you or your allies,and when you teleport there will be a animation to the area you teleported so the enemy may know you was teleporting to that area(if the enemy had a vision on that area)what makes this skills good is that you can stop command to cancel this skill, so you can trick the enemy.
-Force of nature
Actually i never leveled up this skill and never go to early jungle farming with this skill.This skill is good if you want to early push or use the treant to scoutmap to alert you(good to explored some area that had;nt be explored and as wrath of nature combo on him)
-Wrath of nature
Over all this skill was great, it give you great skill ability on farming and harras enemy,also this skill can hit 5 heroes at once(if the chain can hit 5 heroes and there are a vision on those 5 hero)and can give some huge ;s potential if the enemy hero hit on max chain like 14 or 17 chain.Usually i use obs on enemy jungle so i can maxed wrath of nature potential that can hit heroes and neutra creepsl on jungle, but if the enemy get hit, they will now that there are obs on it so i think this skill can be a ward alarm to enemy too.

about it;s skill build, i never buy dagon on this hero because i kinda don;t like it and some ove my team mates always say that i was a KS-er hero if i make dagon.So my build on him is kinda to dps-er ways like desolator,orchid,guinso,buriza,and even cuiras,dominator>satanic,and mkb othewise if i build domi>satanic(coz desolatgor don;t stack with mkb)
for aghanim i think it was great but if i look at it;s effect, it only increase the chain damage and damage,and the cool down is same 60 seconds at lvl 2 and 3, so i rarely build it coz i think without agha this skill is still good on ot.

well i think that;s all, sorry if my english is bad because it;s not my native languange >.<
So thoughts or opinion about his builds and his play style if you want to share with me?
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
chick3nfist

Default Re: The Best Furion Build?
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sprout can be fantastic or totally useless. At level 1, go to your long lane with a guy that can solo if needed. Enig, for example. If the opponent can get out of sprout easily, jungle. If the opponent can't, you've suddenly made your lane extremely deadly for the opponent. Sprout sets up lotsa skills. Torrent, hook, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLocked View Post
I'm quite satisfied my stick. In most cases, there's no need to make it bigger.
Make Zeus's Static Field better and more intuitive design
Old 12-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
The Other Guy

Get a super quick Dagon, proceed to gank and rape face.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Adun

Max Teleport, gank every 40 seconds. Get an Urn & 3 Bracers so you never die, with Treads and Bottle. Just go to the back of the enemy, tank the incoming wave and use Sprout to seal the enemy. When he's dead, Teleport to base, then repeat the process. Use his ult on creeps so it bounces to heroes with greater damage, and a level of Treants for defending or pro hero blocking.

The thing about Furion is his global presence. Put it to good use.

˙ʎǝʞ ɐʇǝq 2 ɐʇop ɐ ɟo ɹǝuʍo pnoɹd ǝɥʇ
Old 12-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
Monsterlord
Banned

I personally see Furion at his best as a mapwide pusher. He has mapwide mobility in a way that only Tinker can match, and can actually surpass him in terms of pushing and applying pressure.

My favourite way to build him is with some early stats, usually a Bracer and Null, and a Headdress to keep the lane marching forward. Regen isn't a huge problem because of Teleport, so I usually leave with just a clarity. Push hard into the tower, and get it down asap for some lovely gold.

After that, some basic boots and rush Aghs. The stats are great, and it amplifies your ultimate's push and farm power by a fair bit. Soon you'll be rolling in money, and it's up to you what you do after. I usually go for Str Treads Guinsoos and Mek, but the game's usually done before the sheepstick's finished.

As for skills, I hardly bother with Sprout. Max Force and Teleport first, along with your ulti, and just push into any lane that's either been left empty, or is coming close to a tower. Even just tping in, making some ents, and attack-moving them along the lane while you run off is effectively another creepwave, and enough to take down the first towers very, very soon.

Edit; ^ I'm very much against Dagon builds on Furion. He's fairly squishy, and has no real dps past his stats, so I feel like taking all those kills is a bit of a waste. Pushing towers that quickly, on the other hand, benefits the entire team and can apply so much pressure that the enemy will struggle to recover from or push back against.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
ninguem

Dagon Furion fits really well into that lineup where everyone gets blink+dagon and ganks like crazy, though.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:23 AM   #7
Bweezle

Dagon can be used to steal kills but that's not the point of getting it on him. You can be at just about every gank in the game, if you want to and you'll bring a nuke with you. He's one of the few people who put it to respectable use.

If rushed, it's sweet. Otherwise, you're better off getting something else.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:27 AM   #8
Kris

Dagon is used to extend a stupid amount of map presence and make any gank or hero attempting a solo kill lethal. It is not an item that is just for "ks".

You have a very narrow view of a very versatile hero.

Your post is also very choppily written making it harder to determine what you are trying to say.

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #9
madbreeze

I have been trying out some different builts on him ..

but i like this: pt.Urn.manta.Maelstrom/Mjolniar.mkb + one like a guinsoo/HotD..

Dagon rush.. imo is good for early game.
"You think that you can strike me down if you suppress Ryūjin Jakka? How naive. How dizzyingly naive. Why do you think that I held the position of Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13 for a thousand years? It is because, in a thousand years, no Shinigami stronger than myself has been born."-- Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto to Sōsuke Aizen
Old 12-13-2010, 02:58 AM   #10
iOWNyou

I usually go for maelstrom->mjol on Furion. And if the game last longer as expected, i pair it with skadi. Plus agha.

and it feels goooooood. =)
Old 12-13-2010, 03:04 AM   #11
zxdragon12

I saw a hilarious build on Furion with Treads, MoM, Buriza, MKB, Dagon. MoM and MKB first. If the enemy is stupid enough to not get Tango/Quelling/any other spell, it can be pretty devastating.
Reponse:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.ops_Freak View Post
Who lied to you.
True Statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerx View Post
He should stop giving everyone face paint. This is a war between sentinel and scourge, not african tribes of ethiopia.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 AM   #12
Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxdragon12 View Post
I saw a hilarious build on Furion with Treads, MoM, Buriza, MKB, Dagon. MoM and MKB first. If the enemy is stupid enough to not get Tango/Quelling/any other spell, it can be pretty devastating.
Or stun you...

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:08 AM   #13
XASD777

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxdragon12 View Post
I used to do that build in -em like 4 years ago, except with midas and agha instead of treads and dagon. The logic was similar to yours "if they are stuck in trees and I am longer range than a general stormbolt I win".
Old 12-13-2010, 04:24 AM   #14
wannamarryavril

Please see how SoSoon in Starsboba plays Furion in SMM 2010. I think he has the best build ever an I admire them so much
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #15
findus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannamarryavril View Post
Please see how SoSoon in Starsboba plays Furion in SMM 2010. I think he has the best build ever an I admire them so much
PLease link
Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 AM   #16
badmafa
Banned

or even a brief description. some of us don't have hours to hunt for and watch replays.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:22 AM   #17
cuban-communist
Banned

I really like putting balanar in a lineup with him. The trees cause huge problems at night, making it a hilarious fit.

Weird comments aside, midas if you can rush it in 5-6 minutes, otherwise dagon. Gank the shit out of mid early (level 2-3) as you have the most Lol wtf just happened ability to suprise them.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:24 AM   #18
Stromrage

Question Re: The Best Furion Build?

Quote:
Where am I get the replay?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #19
HonorGuard

Quote:
GosuGamers DotA | Replay: SB.Gigabyte vs Nirvana.my

Fun game to watch. Nv.my underestimated the power of the push, and thought they could turtle...there was also a 20 minute teamfight in the game...enjoy

My Guide
Improving Yourself In DotA
Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #20
-Groove.Mike-

There's three build i often do :

- PT STR, Stygian Desolator, and then what you want.
- Very fast dagon then mass gang.
- Mael/Mjol for good pushing ability (i haven't done this a lot but when i had to def a base with two set of raxes down, it's really helpful)
Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #21
red_4900

Play style :
Global pusher/ganker. Depends on how your team wants to play.

Item build :
Also, depends on your team. Rush Dagon if your team needs quick burst damage early game. Rush Meka for quick healing for your carry. Luxury item too. Get Hex/Orchid depends on your team needs. Or get Mjollnir/Maelstrom for faster pushes all map over. Or get Diffusal to counter Broodmother/RK/Omni.

Seriously, the only thing that is kind of fixed on Furion is his playstyle. His item build is very versatile. Just build according to what your team needs.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
Catfisher

Furion is now my favorite hero to play. Very versatile.

The build I favor is – str treads – null – bracer. Depending on enemy line up I either go mjol or loth next, followed by the other. At this point the farm is crazy – port anywhere push hard, try to keep enemy jungle clear (if porting back out leave a tree in the spwn points so they don’t get the farm). If you get caught, loth often saves the day, even if they dust, you can sprout them/yourself and try for a port, if that fails try to get some trents between the two of you and run. Soo many people will say “wtf lothar Furion?” – but I feel it plays great hit and run.

From there I grab another hyper and turn it into AC. At this point you can solo rosh by allowing trents to tank it – however with port + loth you should not plan on getting killed much, and allow the carry or tank to take the ages instead. Next a Manta if the game still going.

This build plays great but needs a degree of map control and pressure to win. If the enemy gains a pushing/ganking advantage it is not as powerful.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
BrunoPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy View Post
Get a super quick Dagon, proceed to gank and rape face.
its epic yea

done that1 succesfull x)
Old 12-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #24
qwerty.m

Dagon of course. The most important thing about playing furion is having good global map awareness. Getting early ganks of are vital. Whenever i play, i usually skip the treants and go for sprout and teleport, add in a stat or two if i feel necessary.Having a dagon gives you an extra nuke which you sorely need. After that, you can go dps or more support. I usually get lothars in pub games but for more organised team matches/clanwars, hex is the best choice.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #25
^Eternity^

:| Idk whether its just me but Forcestaff + Necrobook is the best build I've used for him so far. The only set of things which give him really good utility as well as dps and an added nuke.

Optionals: Mek/Pipe/Shivas/Diffusal to purge spam on that annoying Ulfsaar/RK/Brood.

A Rogue who wields a dagger can either be cunning; or careless; or just plain lucky. - Xiven

www.bits-pearl.com

for the best cultural fest in India for the year 2011.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #26
Blarrg

I get a level of treants early to scout the map so i can teleport. Whats really fun is if on the off chance someone does kill you, just buyback and get revenge np.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damN_Grave View Post
Blarrg is awesome
Old 12-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #27
pimpstrocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
Edit; ^ I'm very much against Dagon builds on Furion. He's fairly squishy, and has no real dps past his stats, so I feel like taking all those kills is a bit of a waste. Pushing towers that quickly, on the other hand, benefits the entire team and can apply so much pressure that the enemy will struggle to recover from or push back against.
I disagree, dagon furions should be used to enable kills that would be lost without his mobility. Too assume that he would be just stealing kills is a very narrow view of his use and also more of a representation of a problem with people's playing styles than his use as a hero.
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy