Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Lithary

Lightbulb Bondye, Voodoo Priest

Hello there!
This is my 1st hero idea on this forum and 1st hero idea I've made in years.
Anyway, I like trolls in DotA and I like Voodoo so I always wanted to make a hero based on those two.
True that we have Shadow Shaman and Witch Doctor, but they still don't represent Voodoo in a way I would like it and think that that concept can still be improved and appear in DotA in new light.
Well, enough with the talk and lets start, but just don't forget to comment and rate.
Also, remember to judge on concept and not numbers and sorry for all the possible typos!

Bondye
Voodoo Priest

(It would be really nice if someone makes a gif animation of this hero for me since I don't know how to do it.)

Idea of this hero and his skills is to have above average strong and relatively spamable skills, but make him mana heavy hero to compensate for it for it.
It's made that way to make him less turtle style hero who needs to wait for his cooldowns before he can go to the battlefield and use it's full potential, but can stay active as long as he has mana.
Still, his primary attribute is not intelligence, but agility and is relatively fragile hero so it makes player actually think how to make a perfect balance between his endurance, mana demands and physical damage.
With his skills he can be efficient in 1v1 fights and in team battles.
His Voodoo Mamba is a strong nuke that will deal more damage if there are more units it can jump on, Voodoo Doll can help you cut HP really fast of a single enemy, while Big Bad Voodoo prevents all enemies in the AOE from healing and actually damage them if they do and Voodoogeddon, his ultimate, turns him into a hex man, making Bondaye a decent disable hero.

18 + 1.75
18 + 2.75
20 + 2

AffiliationSentinel
Sound SetWC3TFT Shadow Hunter
Attack Animation0.3 / 0.6
Damage44 - 49
Casting Animation0.3 / 0.4
Armor2.5
Base Attack Time1.7
Movespeed315
Missile SpeedInstant
Attack Range100 (melee)
Sight Range1800 / 1200

Type: Active
Targeting: Unit
Targets: Enemy Units
Hotkey: Q
Casts a voodoo spell that summons a flaming mamba spirit and casts it at targeted enemy. Mamba will make an explosion in 200 AOE upon reaching the enemy and will jump to next enemy unit. Each jump deals less 15% less damage, but each jump will also spawn a new mamba that will jump 2 more times, make explosions in 200 AOE when they come in contact with them, deal 15% less damage per jump, but won't spawn any more mambas (only original does that). Each mamba can jump on single target only once.
______.________._______.___._______.__________________________.
 ManaCooldownC. RangeAoEDurationEffects
-
Deals 50 damage at initial jump and jumps 3 times. Spawned mambas deal 25 damage.
-
Deals 100 damage at initial jump and jumps 4 times. Spawned mambas deal 50 damage.
-
Deals 150 damage at initial jump and jumps 5 times. Spawned mambas deal 75 damage.
-
Deals 200 damage at initial jump and jumps 6 times. Spawned mambas deal 100 damage.

Notes:
  • Damage type is magical. Can be blocked by Linken's Sphere. Voodoo Mamba moves at speed of 600 MS.
  • Can be blocked by Linken's Sphere.
  • Voodoo Mamba moves at speed of 600 MS.
  • Voodoo Mamba projectile should look same as Gorgorn's Mystic Snake projectile, only orange. Explosions should look same as explosion from Ogre Magi's Fireblast.
  • I know that chances of this skill getting implemented into DotA is next to nothing, but just in case that it makes it's way into the game, I would like it to keep its name, Voodoo Mamba, since it is connected to someone very dear to me.

SYNERGIES

+ //
Buffs all your skills with hex. Well, this technically doesn't count as synergy since purpose of this skill is to empower your other skills and stuff. Still, I've mentioned it so I don't have to have to list it every single time since Voodoogeddon is omnipresent in Voodoo Hunter's synergy, but can just mention it.

+
Let's say that you find yourself with enemy, 1v1, in the river or somewhere where where else isolated. You cast Voodoo Doll on your enemy and then Voodoo Mamba. The doll will serve as additional target for the mamba to jump to and therefore spawn more mambas that will continue to jump and deal damage. And since all damage taken by the doll goes to the hero targeted, all those mambas will deal damage to the poor bastard actually. Still, even in cases of more enemies present, Voodoo Doll can always serve as an additional jumping point for the mamba witch will help it spawn more mambas and therefore increase it's overall damage done. Voodoogeddon will also empower all this with hex, witch is especially bad for the enemy affected by Voodoo Doll since chance for him to get hexed is practically doubled.

+
This is an obvious synergy since Voodoo Doll doubles the effect of Big Bad Voodoo for the target and if Voodoogeddon is present, then it will also double the chance for the target to get hexed by the Big Bad Voodoo.

+
Dealing damage to your opponents while they can't heal and if they do, it will only speed up their deaths. Also, with Voodoogeddon learned, these two will do some serious AOE hexing. Do I hear frog legs BBQ party call?

+ + +
There is also a nice synergy between all of your skills at the same time also. Voodoogeddon, as stated before, is omnipresent in Voodoo Hunter's synergy since it empowers all his skills with hex ability. But still, to sum it up, this is idea behind this heroes skills. Big Bad Voodoo is on (no enemy in AOE can heal), you cast Voodoo Doll on enemy you wish to focus (he will also get hexed for 2 seconds) and cast Voodoo mamba at him or Voodoo Doll depending on situation. Big Bad Voodoo and Voodoo mamba will deal damage, prevent enemies from healing and randomly will hex enemies due to Voodoogeddon. With Aghanim's Scepter upgrade, it will also give you a certain level of protection by giving a chance of hexing every enemy that tries to attacks you or cast a spell at you.

TEST MAP

Not here since I don't know how to make it.
If someone could be nice enough to make it for me, I would be very grateful.

Here are links for every model and icon used in this suggestion:
• Hero icon - link
• Hero model - link
• Voodoo Mamba icon - link (Edited by Acechiling. Thanks might! )
• Voodoo Doll icon - link
• Voodoo Doll model - link
• Big Bad Voodoo icon - link
• Voodoogeddon icon - link

Changelog:
• January the 3rd, 2011:
- Rescaled damage dealt by Voodoo Mamba from 80/120/160/200 to 50/100/150/200.
- Spawned mambas now deal half damage (25/50/75/100) instead of full damage.
- Increased mana cost for Voodoo Mamba from 100/120/140/160 to 120/140/160/180.
- Decreased number of jumps for Voodoo Mamba from 3/5/7/9 to 3/4/5/6 times.
- Increased damage loss per jump for Voodoo Mamba from 10 to 15%.
- Reduced mana cost of Voodoogeddon from 25 to 20 MP.

• February the 1th, 2011:
- Remade Voodoo Doll (decreased duration, but now you can deal as much as damage as you can during that duration instead of having a limit).

• June the 29th, 2011:
- Increased proc chance on ultimate from 5/10/15% to 10/15/20%.

Last edited by Lithary; 06-29-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
qu1ck

Default Re: Bondye, Voodoo Hunter

haha epic ult, T-up! i want hex man
but i dont really understand voodoo mamba, it jumps to infinity? first jumps to next with 10% less damage but starts to bouncing another with 100% damage to the next with less 10% damage and thats going on until everybody dies? seems imbalanced, or im just stupid
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
Lithary

Quote:
Originally Posted by qu1ck View Post
haha epic ult, T-up! i want hex man
but i dont really understand voodoo mamba, it jumps to infinity? first jumps to next with 10% less damage but starts to bouncing another with 100% damage to the next with less 10% damage and thats going on until everybody dies? seems imbalanced, or im just stupid
No, you're not stupid.
I just forgot to write down that each mamba spawned from original will jump only 2 more times and can't spawn any more mambas.
Last edited by Lithary; 01-02-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Centauren

Where'd you find that model and those icons? They're awesome!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #5
SpiderPig
Banned

@/\http://www.playdota.com/forums/53708...-useful-links/
Old 01-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #6
Captain Planet

Location: Frieza Planet 419, because nobody ever goes to Frieza Planet 419
Suggestion Award 

Looks very promising. However the template you're using is really confusing at times. I'd suggest you find a new one in the Compilation of Useful Links, there are 7 to choose from that look really good and are easy to use.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
blackra1n

Voodoo Mamba 5/10 - Creates a new mamba that'll jump 2 times each jump? 80 damage per jump? Listen up, just in lvl 1 an AGI hero could deal 80 (32). Please reduce it.
Voodoo Doll 8.5/10 - Oh this is so cool. Casting range... Global???
Big Bad Voodoo 7/10 - Another original skill. I like it. Just change the note description into: double damage for illusion and summoned units, especially for Voodoo Dolls
Voodoogeedon - 8/10 - I don't think you should add mana cost, because its ultimate, man, and its passive.
Overall - I will re-review it if you use better template because I'm a bit confused of yours. Temporary T-Null.

Call me "black", you can pay me for a kill or two, negotiable.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
sand-fish

I like the concept, but one question about the voodoo doll

If it it hit down to 100 hp, and then say Lion casts his ulti on it for 1K damage, the hero still only takes 100hp damage right?

First spell is op

Also, I just don't see this as an agility hero..
Old 01-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #9
gamerinboxers

Hey Lithary!
HOw are you doing?

Here's a review from me~

Skill 1: Nice little side-path from medusa's snake. Damage ouput a little on the high side for me I feel. 9 jumps and each jump creating 2 more snakes? I'm assuming the "2 more snakes" only jump once right? If so... assuming that there are 2 enemy heroes, and the mamba just keeps jump between them, the damage out put will be, 200 + 180 + 162 + 145 + 131 + 118 + 106 + 95 + 86= 1225!!!!!! Tell me if i'm calulating wrongly, but potenially 1225 on a basic skill that is so easily to use, IMBA imo. 3/10

Skill 2: I have suggested this skill before on another hero suggestion on mine at the previous dota-allstars forum. Was the iconic spell which many people liked too. Nothing bad on the concept here. Just love it as i used to love it. Anyway 500 hp = 500 global damage with 10 seconds to deal? I say either reduce the HP to 300 max or reduce the duration. 9/10

Skill 3: No issue here for me at the moment.. Just a little weak.. Assuming I use 250 heal. This skill only removes my heal and deals gross damage of 250 * 25% = 62.5. And since heal is not exactly the most common spell in game, the skill has potentially not much use at all. Let's not go into HP regen... the figures are much smaller... 6/10

Ulti: I like the ultimate, very concept fitting and we need another hex hero. However, I'm not liking the fact that there is a bias towards Voodoo Mamba (Understand its someone important). Will be better is the advantage can be added to all of his skills imo. A quick question, so enemy attack or spells will be hexed right? So which type of hero is anti-Bondye? I mean, there should be some form of counter to this ultimate right? Oh.. Just a suggestion, maybe increase the duration from 0.9/1.2/1.5? 8/10

Conculsion: Really nice hero. Need a little adjustment is the skills. Still trying to find a synergy between the skills. Overall, not bad. Leaning to t-up.

Plague MonstrosityProud HippogryphHydra's Reincarnation (CTH XV)Corrupted Tree of LifeStone SpiritRoyal Zeppelin
Old 01-03-2011, 02:41 AM   #10
Centauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderPig View Post
Dude, I've looked over those links and haven't seen any of those before.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #11
NoThlnG
Forum Staff

Awesome 

So, we have 3 voodoo hunters in PD... o_O
Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #12
SpiderPig
Banned

@/\I thought we have 2, who is the 3rd one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauren View Post
Dude, I've looked over those links and haven't seen any of those before.
It`s there, the custom models aren`t there
Old 01-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
Lithary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ][nquisitor View Post
Looks very promising. However the template you're using is really confusing at times. I'd suggest you find a new one in the Compilation of Useful Links, there are 7 to choose from that look really good and are easy to use.
I will do that.
I was in a rush when I posted this idea, so I just improvised with template of my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackra1n View Post
Voodoo Mamba 5/10 - Creates a new mamba that'll jump 2 times each jump? 80 damage per jump? Listen up, just in lvl 1 an AGI hero could deal 80 (32). Please reduce it.
I'm aware that this skill is imba and I will work on it.
I'll start by making spawned mambas deal less damage.

Quote:
Voodoo Doll 8.5/10 - Oh this is so cool. Casting range... Global???
Yeah, but remember that target you wish to cast this spell on has to be hit by you in last 5 seconds, so you can't just stay at the fountain and cast Voodoo Doll at your enemies.
You need a sample of them in order to create a doll screw around with them.

Quote:
Big Bad Voodoo 7/10 - Another original skill. I like it. Just change the note description into: double damage for illusion and summoned units, especially for Voodoo Dolls
Well, I'm not sure about summoned units, but I think that it is not needed for illusions since they already take increased damage.

Quote:
Voodoogeedon - 8/10 - I don't think you should add mana cost, because its ultimate, man, and its passive.
Many people could find it imba without mana cost, but I think that I could reduce it a bit.

Quote:
Overall - I will re-review it if you use better template because I'm a bit confused of yours. Temporary T-Null.
You do that.
I still have lot of work to do with this hero.

[QUOTE=sand-fish;2015879]I like the concept, but one question about the voodoo doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand-fish View Post
If it it hit down to 100 hp, and then say Lion casts his ulti on it for 1K damage, the hero still only takes 100hp damage right?
Yap!

Quote:
First spell is op
I know.

Quote:
Also, I just don't see this as an agility hero..
Do you see Wisp as strength hero?
Anyway, thought about this hero's main attribute and I think that agility would fit him the best even though he is mana heavy hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerinboxers View Post
Hey Lithary!
HOw are you doing?

Here's a review from me~
Fine, just fine.

Quote:
Skill 1: Nice little side-path from medusa's snake. Damage ouput a little on the high side for me I feel. 9 jumps and each jump creating 2 more snakes? I'm assuming the "2 more snakes" only jump once right? If so... assuming that there are 2 enemy heroes, and the mamba just keeps jump between them, the damage out put will be, 200 + 180 + 162 + 145 + 131 + 118 + 106 + 95 + 86= 1225!!!!!! Tell me if i'm calulating wrongly, but potenially 1225 on a basic skill that is so easily to use, IMBA imo. 3/10
No, 1 more snake, not two.
But that one snake jumps two more times and each jump deals 10% less damage.
Also, each snake can hit each unit only once (like Arc Lighting) and not jump between two targets constantly, so in scenario with two heroes at this skill being level 4, this is total damage dealt:
200 + 180 = 380 from original snake.
100 + 90 = 190 x 2 from spawned snakes.
Total: 760 damage.
Each hero would take 380 damage.
This is calculation with spawned snakes dealing half damage (a nerf I'm going to make to the skill) and I'm going to nerf this skill a bit moar!

Quote:
Skill 2: I have suggested this skill before on another hero suggestion on mine at the previous dota-allstars forum. Was the iconic spell which many people liked too. Nothing bad on the concept here. Just love it as i used to love it. Anyway 500 hp = 500 global damage with 10 seconds to deal? I say either reduce the HP to 300 max or reduce the duration. 9/10
It's not completely global since you need hero you want to cast this spell on needs to be hit by you in last 5 seconds.
That makes it kinda tricky skill that could fail easily.

Quote:
Skill 3: No issue here for me at the moment.. Just a little weak.. Assuming I use 250 heal. This skill only removes my heal and deals gross damage of 250 * 25% = 62.5. And since heal is not exactly the most common spell in game, the skill has potentially not much use at all. Let's not go into HP regen... the figures are much smaller... 6/10
Yeah, but skill who prevents healing is something you know.
Maybe it is a bit situational, but it sure does wonders.
Also, this will prevent all lifesteals, mad regenerations and such to work and actually turn them against those heroes.

Quote:
Ulti: I like the ultimate, very concept fitting and we need another hex hero. However, I'm not liking the fact that there is a bias towards Voodoo Mamba (Understand its someone important). Will be better is the advantage can be added to all of his skills imo. A quick question, so enemy attack or spells will be hexed right? So which type of hero is anti-Bondye? I mean, there should be some form of counter to this ultimate right? Oh.. Just a suggestion, maybe increase the duration from 0.9/1.2/1.5? 8/10
I'll also make it work with Voodoo Doll (I originally planed to do that, but forgot to do it ).
Still, it has works with Big Bad Voodoo.
Every seconds spent in that aura has chance to hex enemy.
Small chance, yes, but it is there.
Anyway, I'll think about increasing duration since that skill can very easily go from underpowered to overpowered skill very easily if I do something dump. :Đ

Quote:
Conculsion: Really nice hero. Need a little adjustment is the skills. Still trying to find a synergy between the skills. Overall, not bad. Leaning to t-up.
Don't worry.
I'll post synergies and stuff.
Still, I'll just list here few things you can do with this hero so you don't have to wait too long.
Anyway.

Synergy between Voodoogeddon and all other skills is obvious since it buffs them with ability to hex.

Big Bad Voodoo has nice synergy with Voodoo Doll witch will double effect of Big Bad Voodoo if hero affected by the doll and the doll are under the effect of BBV at the same time.

Synergy between Voodoo Doll and Voodoo Mamba is that mamba can jump between doll and hero affected and deal some serious damage to it.

Also.
While admit that, while synergy is present, it is not the best one in the universe.
Reason why it is like that is because each of his skills are pretty strong, so giving them some mad synergy could make this hero way OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThlnG View Post
So, we have 3 voodoo hunters in PD... o_O
It seems that there is a lot of voodoo to hunt down here on PD.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
Lithary

Ze bump!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
Acechiling

Finally got my chance to post a comment on this suggestion.

It is descent. I don't get everything u said and honestly, I am too lazy to point out everything that I didn't understand; Cuz I know, I won't get to the core of it until I don't open test-map. That's the problem. But hey, skills look very interesting, they are unique. This guy must be a really fun hero to play with. Just as u mentioned in ur post, I looked at the concept and not on those numbers/values cuz mamba really looks a bit imba - and the concept is really good.

It is really hard to imagine this guy ingame right now, alongside with other heroes. But it is really unique and he is not just a hero that looks like he is taken from Dota OMG. (has skills that are not unique at all, skills that are taken from other heroes). That makes me like him.

Still, there's a room for some improvement. (again, can't think of any, I just feel like ur hero is a bit imba and needs some more notes, background history etc etc.)
Good luck. T-up from me.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #16
azraelzbane

Detecting regen is uncodeable in current dota.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
Sven2k

wait how can he be a voodoo hunter when he himself uses voodoo 0_o
Old 01-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #18
Lithary

Talking Re: Bondye, Voodoo Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acechiling View Post
Finally got my chance to post a comment on this suggestion.

It is descent. I don't get everything u said and honestly, I am too lazy to point out everything that I didn't understand; Cuz I know, I won't get to the core of it until I don't open test-map. That's the problem. But hey, skills look very interesting, they are unique. This guy must be a really fun hero to play with. Just as u mentioned in ur post, I looked at the concept and not on those numbers/values cuz mamba really looks a bit imba - and the concept is really good.

It is really hard to imagine this guy ingame right now, alongside with other heroes. But it is really unique and he is not just a hero that looks like he is taken from Dota OMG. (has skills that are not unique at all, skills that are taken from other heroes). That makes me like him.

Still, there's a room for some improvement. (again, can't think of any, I just feel like ur hero is a bit imba and needs some more notes, background history etc etc.)
Good luck. T-up from me.
Thanks for the review.
I'll nerf Voodoo Mamba even more (I think that reducing number of jumps could do the trick) and will try to find someone to make me test map for Bondye, but it will have to wait for few days since I'm sick and sickness makes me additionally stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azraelzbane View Post
Is it possible to at least detect regeneration gained from the items?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven2k View Post
wait how can he be a voodoo hunter when he himself uses voodoo 0_o
I just named him after the hero model name.
Still, it's a title problem often present in DotA (ie. Phantom Assassin does not assassinate phantoms, or Stealth Assassin does not assassinate stealth ).
Anyway, let's say that he uses all the voodoo he hunted down in the past (or something like that).
Old 01-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #19
cc.jmk!

Interesting :P Bondye shares quite a number of things with my dear Sen'jin ^^ care to review it too?? :P

anyway, back on bussiness:

skill 1:
Mambo is pretty solid and creative, but too much ulti-like. Seems like a wtfrofl supaa wuuupa skill for being just a fancy nuke. it Deservers more damage :P

skill 2:
Just amazing. I think i read this skill somewhere else, but who cares?? Voodoo = Dolls, and i don't see this skill implemented in DotA, so i won't just have enough of it until i see it xD

skill 3:
i don't really see this working ok with this hero; you'll need a shitload of mana, and you are just preventing them from regenerating HP. Necro does it better, and for free.

ulti:
again, i think i read this in the Agility Suggestions forum :P anyway, it's a freaking awesome skill, and epic name is epic.

As a final note, i just don't see this model as such a caster hero; there are other troll priests in Hiveworkshop that would definitely fit this skillset. Not that i care that we share the model, i actually find it kinda cool fact :P it's just that it seems more like a DPS hero than a caster. Also, i would be pretty concerned with mana issues. Even with his relativelly high INT and gain for an int hero, all skills are mana intensive, with no exceptions. If i may suggest something, i'll stick to the skillset overall (with some tweaks here and there as every hero needs), make it INT-based, and use a model that seems like a real voodoo mambo, like this one. Oh, btw, Epic hero name ;D

PS: Oh, sorry for the poorly formatted post, i'm on a netbook i do my best xD
Old 01-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #20
Acechiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by azraelzbane View Post
can't we do something like kaldr's ult?

As far as I know, it compares current hp to hp 1 second ago, and if current hp is moar, it changes that back to the ammount that was 1 secong ago. also, it deals damage.

can't we do something like this, just to detect how much hp is gained in the last second and to deal some percentage of that gained hp as a damage? is that uncodeable?

EDIT: I just looked at that comic in the beginning and laughed my brains out. rofl, made my day
Old 01-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #21
Lithary

That's why I post them on every thread I make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc.jmk! View Post
Interesting :P Bondye shares quite a number of things with my dear Sen'jin ^^ care to review it too?? :P
Sure thing.

Quote:
anyway, back on bussiness:

skill 1:
Mambo is pretty solid and creative, but too much ulti-like. Seems like a wtfrofl supaa wuuupa skill for being just a fancy nuke. it Deservers more damage :P
I'm planning to nerf it more so it ends up being a normal everyday skill.
I think I'll decrease number of jumps and increase damage loss per jump for now.

Quote:
skill 2:
Just amazing. I think i read this skill somewhere else, but who cares?? Voodoo = Dolls, and i don't see this skill implemented in DotA, so i won't just have enough of it until i see it xD
True.
It's a bit ironical that we have Voodoo present in DotA and no it's trade mark, the doll.
Plus, I find it very amusing skill.

Quote:
skill 3:
i don't really see this working ok with this hero; you'll need a shitload of mana, and you are just preventing them from regenerating HP. Necro does it better, and for free.
Well, mana cost in not that high (I think that a Bloodstone could solve all mana problems for this hero), difference between Necro and this guy is that Necro's aura can't prevent heals and mad regenerations, while this aura prevents them all and actually turns them against ones being regenerated and healed.

Quote:
ulti:
again, i think i read this in the Agility Suggestions forum :P anyway, it's a freaking awesome skill, and epic name is epic.
Yes you did, I have posted it there already and named it Voodoo Jinx, but have requested to delete that thread since I was planning to use that skill for this hero.
I changed few things and gave it (hopefully) better and cooler name and that's it.

Quote:
As a final note, i just don't see this model as such a caster hero; there are other troll priests in Hiveworkshop that would definitely fit this skillset. Not that i care that we share the model, i actually find it kinda cool fact :P it's just that it seems more like a DPS hero than a caster. Also, i would be pretty concerned with mana issues. Even with his relativelly high INT and gain for an int hero, all skills are mana intensive, with no exceptions. If i may suggest something, i'll stick to the skillset overall (with some tweaks here and there as every hero needs), make it INT-based, and use a model that seems like a real voodoo mambo, like this one. Oh, btw, Epic hero name ;D
Yes, I was planning to use an alternative model and, ironically, I was planning to use a model very similar to one you showed to me, only I think it's a dark troll.
Still I'll look a bit more to look for all troll models and will change mine since it is true that Voodoo Hunter model does not look like caster.
I think I'll rename his title into Voodoo Priest or something, but I'm not sure about his main attribute.

Quote:
PS: Oh, sorry for the poorly formatted post, i'm on a netbook i do my best xD
It's OK.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #22
Lithary

Default Re: Bondye, Voodoo Priest

Los Bumpos!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:18 AM   #23
Acechiling

New hero Model? This model fits the hero theme more, right. But, the animation of this hero would be kewl, too.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #24
Lithary

I will make one as soon as I learn how to do it.
There is a great guide here on PD and I'll check it out as soon as I find some time.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #25
Acechiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithary View Post

I will make one as soon as I learn how to do it.
There is a great guide here on PD and I'll check it out as soon as I find some time.
Good luck
Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #26
Lithary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acechiling View Post

Good luck
Thanks, but it seems too complicated for me.
I think I'll try to find someone to do if for me instead.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #27
Lithary

Ze bump!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #28
Lithary

It's a final bumpdown!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #29
doomed2die

Skill 1: It's a very cool skill. I like it. Infinite replication can put this on par with echoslam though :/ Otherwise, great skill

Skill 2: Suggested all the time, but works great in your skillset, and I likey

Skill 3: This is an interesting anti-healer mechanism. I like it but wonder about balance. (90 pure damage instead of 360 heal? O.O)

Skill 4: Hex-basher. Haha, I like it. He seems like such a caster that I didn't notice he'd be agi until I saw this. Raise level 1 chance IMO but otherwise cool.

Overall: I love the hero but a few things worry me:

Skill 1: Infinite bounce capability on par with Echo Slam. Limit it somehow.

Skill 2: 5 seconds to whale on somebody. This can be said to be on par with a 5 second stun. You can just kill somebody by hitting them once, and activating this. The cooldown's pretty low too... :/

Skill 4: Level 1 chance is too low IMO. 5% is wayyy too chance based. Raise that scaling and otherwise it's good. Maybe up to 20-25% at level 3 though since bash is a stun which goes up to that chance and you have an ultimate here.

Otherwise, great job!

Originality: What is it? Why do I need it? How do I make something original?
BB Codes: The guide
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #30
patrishosho
Banned

Awesome hero man!!

Original and very creative skills.. Mamba's are some how ulti like skill.. hmm needs some toning down.. But again very original skill!

9/10 man!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:01 AM   #31
Lithary

Talking Re: Bondye, Voodoo Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomed2die View Post
Skill 1: It's a very cool skill. I like it. Infinite replication can put this on par with echoslam though :/ Otherwise, great skill
Actually, he has very limited number of jumps (6 for original Mamba and 2 for spawned Mambas).

Quote:
Skill 2: Suggested all the time, but works great in your skillset, and I likey
True, but execution of the skill is important also.

Quote:
Skill 3: This is an interesting anti-healer mechanism. I like it but wonder about balance. (90 pure damage instead of 360 heal? O.O)
I can always increase mana drained to balance it out or decrease AoE if needed.
Also, he is pretty mana heavy hero, so it won't be so easy for him to maintain it for long.
Not to mention that everyone with Diffu will screw him up pretty bad.

Quote:
Skill 4: Hex-basher. Haha, I like it. He seems like such a caster that I didn't notice he'd be agi until I saw this. Raise level 1 chance IMO but otherwise cool.
Well, I might do that, but will still have to think about it.

Quote:
Overall: I love the hero but a few things worry me:

Skill 1: Infinite bounce capability on par with Echo Slam. Limit it somehow.
Like I said, it already has a limit.

Quote:
Skill 2: 5 seconds to whale on somebody. This can be said to be on par with a 5 second stun. You can just kill somebody by hitting them once, and activating this. The cooldown's pretty low too... :/
Yes, but there is a condition he must complete in order to activate it; he needs to perform a successful normal attack on unit he wishes to cast this skill on.
Since he is melee, it's actually tricky thing to do.

Quote:
Skill 4: Level 1 chance is too low IMO. 5% is wayyy too chance based. Raise that scaling and otherwise it's good. Maybe up to 20-25% at level 3 though since bash is a stun which goes up to that chance and you have an ultimate here.

Otherwise, great job!
I think I'll increase it to 10/15/20%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrishosho View Post
Awesome hero man!!

Original and very creative skills.. Mamba's are some how ulti like skill.. hmm needs some toning down.. But again very original skill!

9/10 man!
Mamba is a bit flashy for a normal skill, but is not that OP actually.
Still I can always nerf the numbers if it's proven otherwise.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #32
Captain Planet

Location: Frieza Planet 419, because nobody ever goes to Frieza Planet 419
Suggestion Award 

Btw, if you want a .gif, you can always request one from NoThlnG (provided he's still doing so).
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #33
Lithary

Thanks, I'll ask him!
Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #34
Loomdun

What is the cast range of Voodoo doll? And can Lion/lina use there ultimate/items on it? Because if it has a big enough cast range, it would be kind of op by lets say.. someone uses Veil of Discord, Orchards maelovence, and Lina's Laguna blade on it.

Also how much is the ratio of healing? it sais the mana costed, is it 1:1, 1:0.5, 1:1.5 ect ect.