Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
D074.4.3v3r
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
D074.4.3v3r is offline

Default DotA training and guidance


Since the playdota.com room on garena isnt used anymore, i suggest to use it as a trainingcamp for EVERYONE who wants to improve his skill.
the idea is the following: we make a list of good players who r willing to take care of students and show them in 1v1, 5v5, or ai games or whatever how to improve their skill, there could be lessons in 1v1 how to stay on lane, how to deny/lasthit, u can train ganking with bots and much more, and in contrast to selftraining, u got a good player who helps u, that'll improve the learning curve by far !!!
to arrange theses games u pm the players.
important for this to work are the following things:
-no elitists and no flaming, they want to improve, dont blame them for this
-students should take it serious and REALLY want to improve, dont join just to play a game or when u r bored
-teachers have to list the time when they usually r avaible, the rest will be coordinated individually via pm
-we need some1 who will coordinate this thread for the future, since i wont have enough freetime and may wont go online for several days a week.

to start the recruitment, we need a thread coordinator and teachers....

teacher:

- Creeping Shadow
- chrisamis
- swordofhonour01


students:

- blahblah
- A-M
- swordofhonour01
- Shimgong
-SynX
  Reply With Quote
Last edited by D074.4.3v3r; 03-06-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: added list of people participating
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
CreepingShadow
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 296
CreepingShadow is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by D074.4.3v3r View Post
Since the playdota.com room on garena isnt used anymore, i suggest to use it as a trainingcamp for EVERYONE who wants to improve his skill.
the idea is the following: we make a list of good players who r willing to take care of students and show them in 1v1, 5v5, or ai games or whatever how to improve their skill, there could be lessons in 1v1 how to stay on lane, how to deny/lasthit, u can train ganking with bots and much more, and in contrast to selftraining, u got a good player who helps u, that'll improve the learning curve by far !!!
to arrange theses games u pm the players.
important for this to work are the following things:
-no elitists and no flaming, they want to improve, dont blame them for this
-students should take it serious and REALLY want to improve, dont join just to play a game or when u r bored
-teachers have to list the time when they usually r avaible, the rest will be coordinated individually via pm
-we need some1 who will coordinate this thread for the future, since i wont have enough freetime and may wont go online for several days a week.

to start the recruitment, we need a thread coordinator and teachers....

so what do u guys think?
I doubt this will work. But, I'm willing to teach. PM me if you ever get enough people interested in this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
jpup
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 324
jpup is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

I would be interested in being a student.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
A-M
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denmark - Viborg
Posts: 45
A-M is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

so do i
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
MissBlood
Member
 
MissBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 751
MissBlood is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Would this room have people willing to play competitively? How will anything be maintained or monitored..?
__________________
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is the easiest; And third, by experience, which is the bitterest.
-Confucius

Romeo & Juliet - Act 1, Scene 2, Line 53:
Benvolio: Why, Romeo, art thou mad?

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #6
CreepingShadow
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 296
CreepingShadow is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBlood View Post
Would this room have people willing to play competitively? How will anything be maintained or monitored..?
Exactly, why I said this would fail. You should do this on RGC. Has points ranking and good hosting. Would be a lot easier to be maintained.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #7
jpup
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 324
jpup is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

They can't even host the new version of wc3. You call that good hosting?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #8
CreepingShadow
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 296
CreepingShadow is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
They can't even host the new version of wc3. You call that good hosting?
Yes they can? When was the last time you used RGC?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:41 AM   #9
gresno
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
gresno is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

im in
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 AM   #10
swordofhonour01
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 131
swordofhonour01 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

sounds good.. and i opt for RGC over garena due to the ranking system
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:24 AM   #11
D074.4.3v3r
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
D074.4.3v3r is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

im not used to rgc, i have installed it played a few games, but thats it.
if u look at my post count, im not even in pdihg....

to manage these kind of things i need help from an experienced member of pd who will lead the whole project !

its nice that we already got so much positive response btw !!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #12
Toneeh
Member
 
Toneeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under A Rock
Posts: 476
Toneeh is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

use rgc imo stats means alot to people no adays
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
D074.4.3v3r
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
D074.4.3v3r is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

i pm a few big guys from pdgg/pdih, if do this on rgc they r perfect to organise it, for now we have to wait for a response, i made a list of people willing to be teacher/student, so none will be forgotten/left out.
gresno and swordofhonour01, u want to be students or teachers?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #14
CreepingShadow
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 296
CreepingShadow is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by D074.4.3v3r View Post
i pm a few big guys from pdgg/pdih, if do this on rgc they r perfect to organise it, for now we have to wait for a response, i made a list of people willing to be teacher/student, so none will be forgotten/left out.
gresno and swordofhonour01, u want to be students or teachers?
BlahBlah is troll, so don't put him on list
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #15
swordofhonour01
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 131
swordofhonour01 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by D074.4.3v3r View Post
i pm a few big guys from pdgg/pdih, if do this on rgc they r perfect to organise it, for now we have to wait for a response, i made a list of people willing to be teacher/student, so none will be forgotten/left out.
gresno and swordofhonour01, u want to be students or teachers?
actually i would like to be both.. i have been playing dota for 4 years now but i havnt really played in the competitive scene yet so i still have much to learn and infinite room to improve and know tricks and all
at the same time i am experienced enough and skilled enough to help out newbies and avg dota players
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
D074.4.3v3r
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
D074.4.3v3r is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordofhonour01 View Post
actually i would like to be both.. i have been playing dota for 4 years now but i havnt really played in the competitive scene yet so i still have much to learn and infinite room to improve and know tricks and all
at the same time i am experienced enough and skilled enough to help out newbies and avg dota players
if only the majority of dota players would think this way.....
i play since 6.59 and since i play more or less organised with my mates (cm and ar), my skilllevel improved by far, but there r still so much thinks i can improve in, most players ignore this (one of my mates too...) and think they r pro, or at least way above average and flame newbs(!) for being not as skilled as them.
thats one reason i wanted to do this, the same happend in the pd community and now we might have the chance to help each other, instead of just flaming each other.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #17
swordofhonour01
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 131
swordofhonour01 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by D074.4.3v3r View Post
if only the majority of dota players would think this way.....
i play since 6.59 and since i play more or less organised with my mates (cm and ar), my skilllevel improved by far, but there r still so much thinks i can improve in, most players ignore this (one of my mates too...) and think they r pro, or at least way above average and flame newbs(!) for being not as skilled as them.
thats one reason i wanted to do this, the same happend in the pd community and now we might have the chance to help each other, instead of just flaming each other.
i know how you feel.. see the only way to take down these type of ppl is to own them in game....thats why im always in a quest to get better in all aspects of life....perfection knows no limits
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #18
Shimgong
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 28
Shimgong is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

I would really be interested in being a student.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #19
SentinelStrike
Member
 
SentinelStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 749
SentinelStrike is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneeh View Post
use rgc imo stats means alot to people no adays
OH THE IRONY LOL

honestly, learning dota is something you have to do on your own, outside of getting tips from better players. You won't get better by playing 1 game a day where some guy tells you what to do.
__________________

SentinelStrike AKA ReiN]MiA and Envy.MiA
DotA Video 9:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTQzwKGvctg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-z454a_Poo
-Credits to Die_Smiling...
Beyond Imagination-Credits to Stayh1gh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IdCRgc6dP4 -Credits to rofusninja
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #20
swordofhonour01
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 131
swordofhonour01 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelStrike View Post
OH THE IRONY LOL

honestly, learning dota is something you have to do on your own, outside of getting tips from better players. You won't get better by playing 1 game a day where some guy tells you what to do.
you misunderstand... the concept of this is to help to get used to a certain playstyle.. a more viable play style
this is something like recieving tips but.. um... how shud i say
its more than getting tips but less than getting experience.. somehwere in the middle..
alternatively the "teachers" can teach the "students" some specific things here like creep stacking/double runing/choke point jungling etc... the advanced mechs which they wud NOT be able to learn on their own or learn after a LONG time
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #21
KIKONI9000
Member
 
KIKONI9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: land of -
Posts: 2,243
KIKONI9000 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

you're retarded
''play dota on garena room'' has been changed with pdih on rgc
http://www.playdota.com/forums/36065...se-group-pdih/
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #22
swordofhonour01
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 131
swordofhonour01 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikoni View Post
you're retarded
''play dota on garena room'' has been changed with pdih on rgc
http://www.playdota.com/forums/36065...se-group-pdih/
yes.. we know... for like about umpteent posts back o.o
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
SynX
Member
 
SynX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ??
Posts: 129
SynX is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

I'd like to be a student... I'm fine w/ GG or RGC.. But I usually play GG..
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
nenglm
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 148
nenglm is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Creeping shadow as a teacher? LULZ WHAT R WE TEACHING? BABIES? ARE WE TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE BETTER OR WORSE LULZULZULZULZULZUZLZZZZZZZZZ
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #25
KIKONI9000
Member
 
KIKONI9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: land of -
Posts: 2,243
KIKONI9000 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenglm View Post
Creeping shadow as a teacher? LULZ WHAT R WE TEACHING? BABIES? ARE WE TRYING TO MAKE PEOPLE BETTER OR WORSE LULZULZULZULZULZUZLZZZZZZZZZ
dis too
hes horrid
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #26
jpup
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 324
jpup is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Atleast Creeping shadow tries super hard. He averages twice my apm almost everygame but I rape him twice as hard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #27
D074.4.3v3r
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
D074.4.3v3r is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

for those who want to start, i suggest to use the playdota.com room on garena and ts3 public channel, channelname: "DotAtraining"
password : "dota"

the students r supposed to pm the teachers to clarify the details.
we have yet to see if this idea will work out, if it goes well, some1 may get attracted and offers a better place to play/chat ;D
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #28
CreepingShadow
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 296
CreepingShadow is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

fuck teamspeak use vent
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #29
MeGoDz
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 33
MeGoDz is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

!support
__________________
Karnage Gaming Allstars is a professional upcoming Gaming org, looking to pickup 1 Dota team and one dota2 team, Professional teams only, if you think you have the caliber to undertake this opportunity then Contact me at audd1111@hotmail.com
and we'll chat
kGa|MeGoDZ

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #30
nenglm
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 148
nenglm is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingShadow View Post
fuck teamspeak use vent
fuck team speak, fuck vent,
just fucking type that shit down on wc3, how fucking hard is it. its a teaching process ur not ganking anyone or getting ganked

and that visage was fking annoying, and i dunno how doom got vanguard and relic in fking 14 min, he didnt even cs
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #31
jpup
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 324
jpup is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

skype > ts + vent
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #32
CreepingShadow
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 296
CreepingShadow is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenglm View Post
fuck team speak, fuck vent,
just fucking type that shit down on wc3, how fucking hard is it. its a teaching process ur not ganking anyone or getting ganked

and that visage was fking annoying, and i dunno how doom got vanguard and relic in fking 14 min, he didnt even cs
Your team = bad Mine rapes yours
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #33
nenglm
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 148
nenglm is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

getting carried by randoms dont mean ur team is doing good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #34
SentinelStrike
Member
 
SentinelStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kitchener
Posts: 749
SentinelStrike is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

hey now, im not just any random
__________________

SentinelStrike AKA ReiN]MiA and Envy.MiA
DotA Video 9:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTQzwKGvctg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-z454a_Poo
-Credits to Die_Smiling...
Beyond Imagination-Credits to Stayh1gh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IdCRgc6dP4 -Credits to rofusninja
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #35
LukeWindwalker
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Solo Mid
Posts: 918
LukeWindwalker is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

From my experience DotA players don`t want to learn. I offered my advice so often to people and no one ever took it. All you hear is "stfu noob".

People that want to get better at DotA do it by themselves and those people that want to get really good at DotA join a team and read a lot.

The noobs this thread is directed to, will not give a fuck an keep sucking blaming better players for their losses.

I`ve seen people with 2k games on B.Net hostbots, that can`t get 50 cs in 10 minutes in a free farm lane...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #36
.Denci.
Member
 
.Denci.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bosnia-Sarajevo
Posts: 505
.Denci. is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

great thing i support this 100%. GL
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #37
swordofhonour01
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 131
swordofhonour01 is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWindwalker View Post
From my experience DotA players don`t want to learn. I offered my advice so often to people and no one ever took it. All you hear is "stfu noob".

People that want to get better at DotA do it by themselves and those people that want to get really good at DotA join a team and read a lot.

The noobs this thread is directed to, will not give a fuck an keep sucking blaming better players for their losses.

I`ve seen people with 2k games on B.Net hostbots, that can`t get 50 cs in 10 minutes in a free farm lane...
this man...knows
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #38
iPhone__
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
iPhone__ is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

I`m wondering - could the teachers learn the students on CW rules ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 PM   #39
Yeewind
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cambridge,UK
Posts: 7
Yeewind is offline
Default Re: DotA training and guidance

I want to be a student...or teacher?
I'm not sure about my level aha
my skype:cjxokok
  Reply With Quote
Reply
  Defense of the Ancients Competitive Chat Recruitment


Forum Jump

Thread Tools