Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
menke51

Default Krobelus item/skill build

I played Krobelus in a pub today and had really no idea what to build after early game.. I looked for a guide but didn't find one. I ended up making Linken's/BoT/starting guinsoo. Any other suggestions?

For skills I went
Silence
Swarm
Swarm
WC
Swarm
Ulti
Swarm
WC
WC
WC
ulti
silence
silence
silence
stats
ulti

Is that a correct skill build or should I get more silence earlier?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
swindx

Default Re: Krobelus item/skill build

i like some tank itens on her, i really like shivas, linkens and sometimes even blademail is great as it gave some int and return is awesome depending on situation.
i think she is versatile can go to lots of diferents item and skill build but i usually lvl up wc to 2 and then go max silence.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #3
Hadockz

Skill build is correct.

As item build I recommend rushing a Void Stone, in order to spellfarm like no tomorrow,
then Shiva's Guard.
Int and armor boost is always welcome for her,
and Arctic Blast has great synergy with Exorcism.

After this, it pretty much depends on what you or your team need the most.

Mass HP and HP regen? -> HoT

Disable? -> Guinsoo (DON'T if you're squishy)

HP/MP regen along with some raw HP? -> Bloodstone

LATE LATE game with at least HoT and Shiva's in the inventory or wanna
troll/stomp? -> Refresher then proceed with your team to mass raxing with double Exorcism.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
Flyingpigg

Linkens, Travels, and guinsoo are all good items on him (although these 3 items are good on everyone...).

Do not get bloodstone or rush a void stone. If you want early mana regen, either get a soul ring or abuse bottle. Don't get arcane boots either, you'd be better off getting a staff of wizardry for eul's, dagon (if you're owning them), or necro, or a perservance to build into linkens.

If you're not doing so well, you can get an eul's for the cyclone and extra movement speed. Lothars is decent on him since your ghosts will still attack even while you're invisible so you can just follow them in invis. Although this won't as well against good players since they'll get dust immediately. Necro will make you even better at pushing (get a jango if you get necro). You need to be pretty tanky to help push and silence, so if they have a lot of spellcasters, get a pipe, and shiva/vanguard to deal with physical damage. Don't ever forget about blademail and ghost scepter too if you think they're necessary. If no one on your team has it, mek is also pretty useful.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:35 AM   #5
thekodobeast

I usually go max Witchcraft after level 3 Carrion. It gives way too many bonuses to ignore (movespeed, reduced mana cost and cooldown on Swarm, more ghosts for her ultimate, and eventually boosting Silence).

Items are either Phase or Treads, Janggo, Mekansm, Magic Wand, Linkens, BKB, Shivas, Soul Booster / Bloodstone, Hood / Pipe. Depends on the game. Janggo + Phase + Witchcraft is a particular favorite of mine, giving her tons of mobility, physical damage and all-round stats.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #6
aestropher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpigg View Post
Linkens, Travels, and guinsoo are all good items on him (although these 3 items are good on everyone...).
lol. And Soul Booster is really great on her after the recent regeneration buff. It basically gives you a free preserv, along with good HP and manapool that Krob needs a lot. You can get Soul Booster alone and never make it into a Bloodstone... But if you are owning, why not and get some free charges?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:42 AM   #7
Abdulink

Skill build is fine.

I prefer PT Int/Str, Urn, Meka, Bloodstone

Lux: Hex, BoT, HoT

Optional:Euls(for imba ms)

Situational:Orchid.
TEH NYU LENGUADJ MIMBIR!!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #8
phwaxr
Banned

Skill build looks fine.

Items, get Meka/Vanguard/Hood->Pipe as your first item, pick the one which suits the game the most and which is more appropriate. Then items like Soul Booster->Bloodstone, Shivas and possibly a Guinsoo.

You basically are just a tank semi-carry, not a support, just make sure you can survive and use your ultimate effectively before getting items like Guinsoo. Unless its something you really need.

Items like ghost scepter can be nice against DPS carries if you think you need it, grab one!

Edit: BoT is pretty much vital, grab an early Arcane, break that for a Soul Booster, but always get that BoT by 30-40 minutes. And an early Urn is great too.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
SirIsaacNewton

There are many item build that works.

Starting items would be basi, wand, bottle if you solo mid.

Against a heavy magic damage team a good build would be arcane, point booster, followed by hood, and then vital booster, and complete the soulstone by disassembling the arcane. Follow up items could be meka, sheep, shiva.

Against a dps line up, go arcane, meka, followed by soul stone, ghost staff, shivas, sheep.

Soul booster is extremely good since arcane is very good for her in the beginning, and in the mid game, you can turn 2300 into 450 hp (much better than vang which only gives 275 hp)

Skip the blood stone. If you have a soul booster, it is much better to use that void stone for sheep, and RoH for hood/pipe.

Situational item: Blademail, either gives you 4 for your ghost to hit your opponent, or your opponent eats 2k pure damage for killing you.

I have discovered recently that ghost is extremely imbalance for her if the enemy team is Skeleton King, Mortred, Sniper, Clinkz, Viper. Ghost + TP (and maybe a silence to stop the stormbolt) means you are unkillable, and that 3.5 sec could allow you to just destroy towers, heroes ect.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #10
phwaxr
Banned

With what Isaac Newton said, in low level pubs where no one gets dust/gem/sentries Lothars can work too, extreme lulz when they die to a non agi carry and think OMG IMPOSSIBRU
Old 03-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #11
Leebus
Banned

What you wanna do is, bash stackers. Yes that's right, bash stackers.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:22 AM   #12
turtle.slayer

basilus , pt , blink, bkb , manta.

thank you mr.icy!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #13
hajasmarci

rob treads urn vang hood euls
rob arcane urn mek hood guinsoo/shivas

stuff like that. cheap tanking/utility items.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #14
Fixthemix

Please don't forget about Urn. It is almost made for Krobelus.

Personally, I would go for something like Urn + Arcane Boots, and perhaps Stick/Wand.

After that you disassemble Arcane Boots and make Soul Booster. This is the core for me.

After this it really depends on your opponents and allies, but some good choices would include;
Shiva's / Blademail / Ghost Scepter / Plate Mail if physical damage dealing heroes make your life miserable.
Hood / Cloak / Pipe if recieving spell damage is the main concern.
Guinsoo if you think the game will last long enough to complete it and you need disables.
Boots of Travel is often the best choice after getting one additional item, after the core.
Bloodstone I rarely find necessary, but it's by no means a bad choice.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
Abdulink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebus View Post
What you wanna do is, bash stackers. Yes that's right, bash stackers.
Like Troll are stacking themselves on Play Dota.
TEH NYU LENGUADJ MIMBIR!!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #16
rakmaninoff

carrion
witchcraft
carrion
witchcraft
carrion
ult
witch
witch
silence
>

switch up silence with any witch if needs be

i might hit a riki or gondar
Old 03-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
LulzYeah Cdeqz
Banned

Correct skill build. The best skill build.

I like Phase Boots on her. It gives a great mobility + Witchcraft's passive MS. You need to go tank build since you will be focused a lot, so Vanguard gives a good choice.

Euls is also a great item on her. It just works perfectly for mind-game with your ultimate.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #18
Flippad

Rob, phase, soul booster, GS, bkb, travels, treads, plate male, hood, VG, meka, urn, wand, BM, shivas etc....

I usually aim for phase, rob, SB, plate male, hood and a tp.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #19
sunnymarcell
Banned

get pt, linkens/bkb, shivas, heart. after i got linkens or bkb i go euls and lothar for teh lulz (your spirits are still active while you are cycloned or lothared, just like razors ulti)
Old 03-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
Rivirland

Play her like Necrolyte. Go tanky, your spells will do the damage. Bloodstone is better on her than on Necro - it's really worth considering. Another item that deserves special mention is Eul's. The regen and ms are great to have and the active, your ult and your tankiness just own hardcore.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzYeah Cdeqz View Post
Correct skill build. The best skill build.

I like Phase Boots on her. It gives a great mobility + Witchcraft's passive MS. You need to go tank build since you will be focused a lot, so Vanguard gives a good choice.

Euls is also a great item on her. It just works perfectly for mind-game with your ultimate.
While good the whole Vang/Euls thing is outdated and simply outclassed by the cheaper and more effective Soul Booster.

BoT also happens to be the best boots of choice on a hero who is as focused on map mobility as she is.

Core Early

Core Early/Mid

Core Mid/Late

Cheap, easy to build and effective to boot, at least that's how I'd do it. Extensions are largely up to you, upgrading to Blood stone, getting a Guinsoo, going for BKB ( core for some people ), Linkens, Shiva's, Mek are all good options that should largely be determined by your allies, your gameplan or the lineup you are up against.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
fireblaze762

Since its a pub i would highly reccomend trying this build:

Euls
Ghost
Soul booster
BoT
Forcestaff

You become nearly unkillable. Ghost+silence = 4 seconds invincibility. Euls = 2.5 sec invincibility. thats 6.5 sec of near guaranteed ulti damage. Add on your crazy MS with BoT+Euls, solid escape mech in forcestaff, and you an survive excellently and become very diffcult to kill. Soulbooster is to allow you to survive initiations better, and for the constant regen to spam swarm.

I wouldn't try it in comp games though, as this build is reliant on hitting multiple heroes with silence, and avoiding damage. Along with its very expensive and doesn't achieve that much. Its incredibly fun though.
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy