Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
Lord_Talron

Default [INT-SCOURGE]Mana Vampire

Well, this is my first complete hero suggestion in quite a while. Hope its not too crazy. Anyways, please give plenty of critique as im sure my numbers are a lot less balanced than i think they are. Thanks for reviewing!

you might notice his ultimate is similar to his first skill, this is because im in the process of thinking up a new first skill so please disregard the similarities

Mana Vampire
Zargreth

Background Story: As a member of the feared dreadlords, Zargreth helped assert Archimonde's authority over countless worlds. His methods, however, differed from his brothers'. Instead of a thirst for blood, Zargreth had an insatiable hunger for magicks. Over time he honed his skills, eventually even learning how to survive off of mana alone. His control even allows him to tap into a world's innert magicks, effectively manipulating their flow to his advantage and siphon off massive amounts of mana from anyone foolish enough to face him. With Archimonde finished, he now fights for the Lich King, eager to feast off the magicks of the sentinel, leaving the wreckage of his magical manipulation behind him.

Strength - 20 + [2.0]
Agility - 17 + [1.45]
Intelligence - 25 + [3.5]

Affiliation:Scourge
Damage:47-55
Armor:5
Movespeed:305
Starting HP/MP:530/325
Attack Range:128 (melee)

Seeping Magic - (Active, AoE)
____________________Zargreth manipulates the flow of magic in the area causing the ground to crack in order to either release or take mana from nearby heroes

______.________._______.___._______.__________________________.
 ManaCooldownC. RangeAoEDurationEffects
11203 secondsSelf500N/A10 mana gained/lost
21303 secondsSelf500N/A20 mana gained/lost
31403 secondsSelf500N/A30 mana gained/lost
41503 secondsSelf500N/A40 mana gained/lost

Notes:
  • No cast time.
Essence Pact - (Toggle, Self)
____________________The Mana Vampire can use mana in many ways including to heal even the most deadly of injuries.

103 SecondsN/ASelfUntil deactivatedDrains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1x amount drained
203 SecondsN/ASelfUntil deactivatedDrains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1.25x amount drained
303 SecondsN/ASelfUntil deactivatedDrains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1.50x amount drained
403 SecondsN/ASelfUntil deactivatedDrains 10% of maximum mana every 3 seconds. Heals for 1.75x amount drained

Notes:
  • Most disables do not stop this ability, silence, hex, and doom do.
Volatile Energy - (Passive, AoE)
____________________Every time Zargreth loses mana it causes a fluctuation in the air around him that damages nearby enemies for a portion of the mana lost.

1N/AN/AN/A600N/A50% of mana lost as AoE damage
2N/AN/AN/A600N/A60% of mana lost as AoE damage
3N/AN/AN/A600N/A70% of mana lost as AoE damage
4N/AN/AN/A600N/A80% of mana lost as AoE damage

Notes:
  • Only counts mana lost from spells and items cast by Zargreth
Essence Chains - (Active, AoE)
____________________The Mana Vampire reaches out hungrily for the essence of his enemies. Binds Zargreth with up to 5 enemy heroes, slowly draining their mana. If either Zargreth or his enemies venture more than 500 units from each other any connected chains will break causing great mystical destruction.

1200120 secondsSelf50010 seconds10 mana per second stolen from each target, 200 mana lost by both Zargreth and enemy on break
2220110 secondsSelf50010 seconds30 mana per second stolen from each target, 300 mana lost by both Zargreth and enemy on break
3240100 secondsSelf50010 seconds50 mana per second stolen from each target, 400 mana lost by both Zargreth and enemy on break

Notes:
  • If chains are not broken by the end of the duration, the second effect will not take place.
  • Chains are the blue mana drain animation seen on lion but without the stuff on his head.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dreadlord.gif
Views:	5790
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	43005  
Attached Images

Last edited by Lord_Talron; 08-09-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Fractal_Balance

Default Re: [INT-SCOURGE]Mana Vampire

interesting. Looks similar with Balanar
Old 05-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Lord_Talron

yup. but balanar uses tichondrius's model. this is the ladder dreadlord :P
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
sirky004

What's the name of his 3rd skill?
3Skill?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Lord_Talron

havent thought of a name yet
Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #6
Straight Flush

Steam: Cap

Looks pretty cool... Good synergies and the skills work well by themselves
This hero looks promising
Old 05-22-2011, 01:03 AM   #7
Sven2k
Forum Staff

Steam: Sven2k

1st is an AOE version of ''Chakra Magic'' with a big drain and gain cap. It's kind of boring and might need a tweak.
A way you can change this:
-To make it more interesting why not make allied heroes recover a % of the mana cost used to cast a spell
If you don't like that you can try :
-drains 10/15/20/25 mana per sec and for every 2 seconds in Seeping Magic it will deal 35 mana burn. So if a unit stays the hole 10 seconds it will loose
25x10 + 35x5 = 375 mana drain and also 175 dmg

your 2nd skill has no mana cost.. and again it regens your mana

you don't need your 3rd skill at all cuz you don't have spamable skills or retardedly big mana costs so like I said 3rd skill is useless.

4th skill isn't bad but seriously.. what's up with all the mana, baising 1 hero on 1 theme is a horrible idea since his skills can end up boring or compleatly useless.

There isn't all that big synergy between skills.. it's basically mana drain mana drain mana drain and for what ? Your hero does not use that much mana. You should try thinking of a secondary theme for your hero, this way you can easily find suitable skills to synergize with your mana spells. Also edit his BG, it's pretty good but the word ''magic'' is overused

Here's an idea, why not change 3rd skill into smth like this.
Energy Bursts
Zargreth releases strong waves of energy around him, dealing dmg from his current mp. The huge distortions causes his body to to loose phisical shape transforming him into raw energy which allows him to teleport short distances.

-deals X/X/X/X % of current mp
-your next step will cause you to teleport 200 units infront of you
-3/4/5/6 waves
-duration 3/4/5/6 seconds
-mana cost 100 to activate + X/X/X/X %per wave
-if you don't have enough mana the skill will stop

if your 2nd skill is like old soul steal it will synergise alot with this skill because it allow you easily to cath up to your enemy and also with the constant mana drain you'll be dealing a very reasonable amount of dmg.

I'm kinda tired to give you a % for the mp but here's a site where you can calculate easily %. http://asita.hit.bg/AM/percent.htm
If you don't understand it, paste it in google and press translate before etering the page (though it is quite self explanatory)
Last edited by Sven2k; 05-22-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #8
One.More.Game.

Location: HUEHEUHAUEHAUEHUAEHUAEHAUEHAUEHAUEHUAEHUAEHUAEHUHUHEUHUAHUAHEUHAUHAUHEUHAEUHUEHAUHAHUAHUHEUAHUEAHEUH

How about Mana Burst for 3Skill?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:13 AM   #9
Lord_Talron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven2k View Post
1st is an AOE version of ''Chakra Magic'' with a big drain and gain cap. It's kind of boring and might need a tweak.
A way you can change this:
-To make it more interesting why not make allied heroes recover a % of the mana cost used to cast a spell
If you don't like that you can try :
-drains 10/15/20/25 mana per sec and for every 2 seconds in Seeping Magic it will deal 35 mana burn. So if a unit stays the hole 10 seconds it will loose
25x10 + 35x5 = 375 mana drain and also 175 dmg

your 2nd skill has no mana cost.. and again it regens your mana

you don't need your 3rd skill at all cuz you don't have spamable skills or retardedly big mana costs so like I said 3rd skill is useless.

4th skill isn't bad but seriously.. what's up with all the mana, baising 1 hero on 1 theme is a horrible idea since his skills can end up boring or compleatly useless.

There isn't all that big synergy between skills.. it's basically mana drain mana drain mana drain and for what ? Your hero does not use that much mana. You should try thinking of a secondary theme for your hero, this way you can easily find suitable skills to synergize with your mana spells. Also edit his BG, it's pretty good but the word ''magic'' is overused

Here's an idea, why not change 3rd skill into smth like this.
Energy Bursts
Zargreth releases strong waves of energy around him, dealing dmg from his max mp. The huge distortions causes his body to to loose phisical shape transforming him into raw energy which allows him to teleport short distances.

-deals X/X/X/X % of max mp
-your next step will cause you to teleport 200 units infront of you
-3/4/5/6 waves
-duration 3/4/5/6 seconds

I'm kinda tired to give you a % for the mp but here's a site where you can calculate easily %. http://asita.hit.bg/AM/percent.htm
If you don't understand it, paste it in google and press translate before etering the page (though it is quite self explanatory)
my hero would make much more sense if you noticed that his second skill actually drains his mana

@phoe: maybe.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #10
Sven2k
Forum Staff

Oh I misread it, well then there is more synergy I guess :P

Well ok is it a channeling spell btw ? Also could you create a list showing the mana drained in 3 different stages of the hero during a game (lv 10/15/25 and different items for those lvs) and calculate it with your 3rd skill (I'm too tired to do that now)
Old 05-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #11
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

Okay, a few suggestions to make this better.

1st skill should take mana from all enemy heroes in an AoE from you instantly and make it really spammable (like 4-5 seconds CD at lvl 4)

2nd skill is fine.

3rd skill would really synergyze like that.

Now here's the real downer. As it's own, ulti is really a solid skill but you don't need that extra mana, you're not THAT mana intensive. Although 2nd does spend mana you should really be mana intensive using 1st (the new spammable version) + 2nd. 4th would deal shitloads of damage then (maybe needs to be rebalanced) Now, you need a lot of presence, therefore you need to endure quite a lot. 2nd makes you kind of tanky but you should really switch his base STR and STR gain with his base AGI and AGI gain to have more pressence. Here's where ulti should be focused on. Something that makes you even harder and that uses the mana theme.

Overall, the hero is quite good, I like it a lot. Kudos for your third skill. It's really original. The icon's borders are all wrong, though. And you can name it... "Arcana Wrath" or something like it. I don't know

Good luck!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #12
Lord_Talron

@sven2k
it is not channelling

mana at level 10: 734.5
mana at level 15: 962
mana at level 25: 1417

(keep in mind this is every 3 seconds not every second)
Mana Drained at level 10 with no items: 73.45
Heal at level 10 with no items: 128.54
Damage at level 10 no items 58.76

Mana Drained at level 15 with no items: 96.2
Heal at level 15 with no items: 168.35
Damage at level 15 no items 76.96

Mana Drained at level 25 with no items: 141.7
Heal at level 25 with no items: 247.98
Damage at level 25 no items 113.36
Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #13
doomed2die

Skill 1: Alright I guess. I don't really see the need to heal mana but I see some good skill work with this.

Skill 2: I like this skill. I wonder about the balance. But then again, it won't do much until much farther on in the game. revival of the bloodstone?

Skill 3: I see good synergy with skill 2, I like it. Simple, clean, effective.

Skill 4: Mehhh I suggest a remake. First of all, he has little need for all that mana drain. I suggest something that allows him to use a lot of mana and regen a lot of mana afterwards somehow. The way this is set up is basically "use skill 2 as much as you can lololol" and that doesn't really help.

I like it, it's clean, simple, effective. However, skill 1 is kind of boring and skill 4 lacks a little synergy. He's getting a lot of mana but isn't using nearly enough to warrant all that. Skill 3 only really synergizes with skill 2 and while it's a powerful and fluid synergy, the potential is wasted with skill 1/skill 4.

Quick Suggestion: Skill 1: Orb effect, costs 60 mana (or so; maybe scaling mana cost?), drains mana equal to 50% of damage dealt on hit. That would quickly allow him to regenerate mana while (and be a real mana vampire) while allowing the 3rd skill to deal additional damage every time.

But I'm sure you get my point now.

Originality: What is it? Why do I need it? How do I make something original?
BB Codes: The guide
Old 05-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #14
Lord_Talron

i swapped his str and agility as suggested.

@rafiiki: i remade skill one to what you suggested, i think. cool idea
Old 05-22-2011, 03:02 AM   #15
PuЪLiㄷEиəℳy#1

I don't have enough time to review (as of the moment, at least) but I'll just suggest a name for the third skill; Volatile Energy.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #16
Lord_Talron

perfect.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:15 AM   #18
D41V30N

Alright. Here are my views.

First skill. Cooldown is a bit imbalanced. But then again, I think you lowered the cooldown to better synergize with the 3rd skill, right? Ok.
Second Skill. I have no problem with it. In fact, with this on, it can act as the ladder Immolation with a greater AoE effect because of the 3rd skill. Nice .
Third Skill. This is what I like the most about him. It's like Specter, but not it doesn't damage enemy units based on drained HP, it does it based on drained Mana, and it's a skill that, I think, should be introduced into the game. However, I do think that effects are imbalanced. What if he has about 2000 mana? And then he turns on second skill. 10% mana used for second skill is 200, which turns into 160 Damage per second in an AOE. But then again, he doesn't have any damaging ability, not to mention second skill drains 10% of MAXIMUM mana per second. I'm having doubts whether it's really balanced or not.
Ultimate. Well, I did think it was quite imbalanced at first, but then I re-read it and I found out that it drains 50% of current Mana. And about the next part of the skill, is the mana gain like Soul Ring? You know, does "Retains mana for 15 seconds" mean that he will retain the mana for 15 seconds and then the unused amount of stolen mana will disappear, right? I hope it's this way. Also, does this "then mana points are restored over 10 seconds" mean that the ENEMY units' mana points are restored over 10 seconds? I think that would be a better idea to make it more balanced. Enemies would gain the drained mana over 10 seconds. No. I think you should change this part of the skill with Skill level as well. Level 1, Enemies gain within 6 seconds. Level 2 can be 8 seconds and Level 3 goes for 10 seconds, because 10 seconds is hellishly enough to turn the tides of a battle. Also, I would like to know another thing. Is the Mana Drain for Ultimate "instant" or does it "drain"?
By the way, base INT is very high. You can balance it a little bit as well considering how he always tends to steal mana.

Overall, I like him, but he needs an extra bit of flare and balance to be added into DOTA.

Also, if possible, would you please review my hero? (in my sig)
Old 05-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #19
Lord_Talron

@condorzai in what ways do you find him boring? perhaps i could meet your standards. dont know unless you tell me!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #20
Lord_Talron

Quote:
Originally Posted by D41V30N View Post
Alright. Here are my views.

First skill. Cooldown is a bit imbalanced. But then again, I think you lowered the cooldown to better synergize with the 3rd skill, right? Ok.
yea the main point of this spell is to deal damage via the manacost. if you think the effects it gives are too powerful i can nerf them but i think they are ok for now

Second Skill. I have no problem with it. In fact, with this on, it can act as the ladder Immolation with a greater AoE effect because of the 3rd skill. Nice .
im glad you like it thanks
Third Skill. This is what I like the most about him. It's like Specter, but not it doesn't damage enemy units based on drained HP, it does it based on drained Mana, and it's a skill that, I think, should be introduced into the game. However, I do think that effects are imbalanced. What if he has about 2000 mana? And then he turns on second skill. 10% mana used for second skill is 200, which turns into 160 Damage per second in an AOE. But then again, he doesn't have any damaging ability, not to mention second skill drains 10% of MAXIMUM mana per second. I'm having doubts whether it's really balanced or not.
well his second skill only activates every THREE seconds. so when you do the math thats only 53.33 damage per second. good, yes, but nothing crazy id think. im glad you like the concept of this skill

Ultimate. Well, I did think it was quite imbalanced at first, but then I re-read it and I found out that it drains 50% of current Mana. And about the next part of the skill, is the mana gain like Soul Ring? You know, does "Retains mana for 15 seconds" mean that he will retain the mana for 15 seconds and then the unused amount of stolen mana will disappear, right? I hope it's this way. Also, does this "then mana points are restored over 10 seconds" mean that the ENEMY units' mana points are restored over 10 seconds? I think that would be a better idea to make it more balanced. Enemies would gain the drained mana over 10 seconds. No. I think you should change this part of the skill with Skill level as well. Level 1, Enemies gain within 6 seconds. Level 2 can be 8 seconds and Level 3 goes for 10 seconds, because 10 seconds is hellishly enough to turn the tides of a battle. Also, I would like to know another thing. Is the Mana Drain for Ultimate "instant" or does it "drain"?
yes he gains the mana he gains instantly and then after 15 seconds is up he starts to slowly lose the mana he gained over 10 seconds (with enemies gaining the mana they lost over the same duration), dealing damage based on how much he has left to give back. i agree tho that the duration might need to be reduced.

By the way, base INT is very high. You can balance it a little bit as well considering how he always tends to steal mana.you may be right but im going to wait on more feedback before i change it

Overall, I like him, but he needs an extra bit of flare and balance to be added into DOTA.

Also, if possible, would you please review my hero? (in my sig)
thanks for the review sirg
Old 05-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #21
Logicmite

Skill 01 - Interesting, simple concept, act like Shadow Priest's Weave (Lost or Gain). But where's the duration? Until deactivated? Add the description please.

Skill 02 - Fine and interesting but doesn't seem to synergize well with the other of his skills.

Skill 03 - Good but what about mana costs from items?

Skill 04 - Remake it, I don't really like it. Name's not really good though.

This hero's concept is good, but the theme and the gameplay is too fixated in one point: mana absorption.

I am a mathematician and computer scientist wannabe.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #22
D41V30N

Quote:
Skill 02 - Fine and interesting but doesn't seem to synergize well with the other of his skills.
Err... this synergizes with the 3rd skill awesomely -_-"
Old 05-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

I see you changed 1st skill but you didn't change the description. Manacost is fine (a lil bit excesive which, in the case of this hero, makes it a lil imba) Put 100 manacost at all levels, 12/9/6/3 seconds cooldown and 40 mana steal from each enemy hero.

I still haven't thought of anything suitable for the ulti, but it needs to be changed.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #24
KZ]spawn

Partially ok with anything except the name. Instead of Mana Vampire you could put, Leecher.

And the ulti's name is horrid: MASS MANA STEAL? Change it into Soulseether/Essence Storm
Old 05-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #25
Lord_Talron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicmite View Post
Skill 01 - Interesting, simple concept, act like Shadow Priest's Weave (Lost or Gain). But where's the duration? Until deactivated? Add the description please.i changed it and forgot to remove the per second, sorry for the confusion

Skill 02 - Fine and interesting but doesn't seem to synergize well with the other of his skills. it allows him to tank and gives him damage over time which makes him a threat in teamfights.

Skill 03 - Good but what about mana costs from items? i was laboring under the illusion that dagon cost more at level 1 than it does, i think ill change this.

Skill 04 - Remake it, I don't really like it. Name's not really good though. meow! why dont you like it, it allows him to heal for more, deal more damage and it handicaps the other team's heroes greatly

This hero's concept is good, but the theme and the gameplay is too fixated in one point: mana absorption.thanks; why is that 'fixation' a problem o O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiiki View Post
I see you changed 1st skill but you didn't change the description. Manacost is fine (a lil bit excesive which, in the case of this hero, makes it a lil imba) Put 100 manacost at all levels, 12/9/6/3 seconds cooldown and 40 mana steal from each enemy hero.oops i did indeed forget to change it. heres the damage based on the manacost (assuming skill 3 is level 4): 96/104/112/120. so i shouldnt have it replenish mana, you think?

I still haven't thought of anything suitable for the ulti, but it needs to be changed.why is his ult bad? it deals good dps, heals him for more, and handicaps the enemy.
thanks for the reviews guys
Old 05-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #26
fan.god

Well I basicallly understand this hero. He is a melee nuker/mana stealer.

now start my review: nice icons, but you can choose another model.
for skills: It is essential that Volatile Energy is the base of his skillset. Every other skill has quite high "mana loss". I quite like this hero, and I don't want to repeat smt like "good, good" for all 4 skills. But the thing is I hate a hero with all 4 skills just over focus on one "niche" - in your case, mana manipulator. Volatile Energy must be kept, ofc. Essence Pact is also needed as he is melee.
Mass Mana Steal: increase the mana cap. to the point of 400/600/800 or smt like that. Or decrease cooldown. But I suggest a sub-skill to release the mana back (it still is restored over 5s, but you can use the timing for damage purpose with VE.)

So we come back to the 1st skill. You see it has high manacost, but the mana burn/heal is small, and unneeded at all, as he has ulti to steal mana, and he is not a supporter. SO WHY NOT MAKE A SPAMMABLE SKILL WITH DIFFERENT EFFECTS? The importance is high manacost. effects can be a target-type slow, ministun, or hex or AoE damage amplification .... and it will be more practical for him as a ganker/teamfighter.

If you are interested in this idea, post here, now I dont have time to think.

what about drop a review for my hero in my sig?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #27
D41V30N

Quote:
So we come back to the 1st skill. You see it has high manacost, but the mana burn/heal is small, and unneeded at all, as he has ulti to steal mana, and he is not a supporter. SO WHY NOT MAKE A SPAMMABLE SKILL WITH DIFFERENT EFFECTS? The importance is high manacost. effects can be a target-type slow, ministun, or hex or AoE damage amplification .... and it will be more practical for him as a ganker/teamfighter.
You know, that's actually a pretty good idea .
Old 05-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #28
Lord_Talron

how about decrease magic resistance by a small amount each cast with a cap of like 20/30/40/50% resistance decrease? same manacost and cooldown of course
Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #29
fan.god

^well that idea is now quite abused in 6.72, with Null Field and Veil of Discord. it still works, though. I am thinking of a stackable DoT.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #30
Lord_Talron

i think it should be something that doesnt deal damage; as the spell already deals up to 120 damage every time its cast
Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #31
Naro

I like the idea, but maybe use a Acolyte model or something..
Dreadlords are too cool to cast.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #32
fan.god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
i think it should be something that doesnt deal damage; as the spell already deals up to 120 damage every time its cast
That's true. I finally agree that magical resistance reduction is the best choice for this hero, but it should be unit target-type. AoE target-type will be imba. You should change OP
Old 05-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #33
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

120 damage every 3 seconds is too much and doesn't replenish your mana.

first spell should cost 100 mana and steal 40 mana from each enemy. That would keep it balanced and keep your manapool healthy enough.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #34
Sven2k
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by condorzai View Post
Pros :
______
Simple
Effective

Cons :
______
B O R I N G
Sorry but I'd have to agree with him, the problem with the hero is that you don't require much skill to play him, there isn't much positioning or strategy, just toss your 1st skill on the ground and rush them. He needs some skill remaking, 2nd and 3rd skill are a solid combo and 1st and 4th support them well but it just doesn't feel like it's enough.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #35
condorzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven2k View Post
Sorry but I'd have to agree with him, the problem with the hero is that you don't require much skill to play him, there isn't much positioning or strategy, just toss your 1st skill on the ground and rush them. He needs some skill remaking, 2nd and 3rd skill are a solid combo and 1st and 4th support them well but it just doesn't feel like it's enough.
^Exactly what he said =)
Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 AM   #36
Lord_Talron

thanks for the good ideas. if anyone has suggestions for his ult feel free to post them
Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #37
doomed2die

The way I see it, both 1st and 4th need a remake.

First of all, this is my remake idea for 1st. It may not make him more fun but it'll definitely be an improvement in synergy and the like.

Skill 1: "When activated, Hero's attacks cost 30/40/50/60 mana. Each attack drains mana equal to 8/16/24/32% of damage dealt. Costs 100 MP to activate. (Orb Effect maybe?)"

This is simple, clean, and a more applied version of your original skill. Perfect synergy with 2nd and 3rd as it gains you mana but spends mana first. The combo can be devastating. Thematically, it fits more as a mana vampire. He drains Mana on hit instead of every once in a while. On top of that, it allows just a little more thought into your hero. Do I have the mana to spend? Can I use it? Do I want a level of this?

The problem may be that he may become a little more carry-style oriented. 2nd Skill gives him tank power and with, say, a bloodstone, he could deal quite a bit of damage but the fact of the matter is, he IS stronger late game.

4th: Not sure, brainstorming.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:04 AM   #38
Lord_Talron

just make it based off his int instead of damage. i had basically that skill before i published, but i switched it because i thought he needed an active. but if people like that idea better id be happy to re-implement it /shrug
Old 05-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #39
doomed2die

Maybe. It's of similar boredom to play but synergizes better and makes sense. At any rate, yes. For the ultimate, it's really gotta be a good skill, and preferably one which allows him to have some sort of chase mechanism.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #40
Nincinerator

i really luike this actually

nincinerator (garena)

Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Hero Ideas