Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #201
Klagger

Suggestion Award 

Default Complete The Hero XVII

Someone review my hero suggestion??
http://www.playdota.com/forums/47481...i/#post2506672

A hard work on this hero ..now hoping from the review...
Old 06-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #202
Lotus V Eater

Signature of the Week Winner 
Default Re: Complete The Hero XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klagger View Post
Someone review my hero suggestion??
http://www.playdota.com/forums/47481...i/#post2506672

A hard work on this hero ..now hoping from the review...
I think you got some typos on the hero title - Lluna Tutor? hurmmm background story not yet added? i always wanted to read those when i review the hero idea as i can get the feel of the hero right away...hahah. the 1st and 2nd spell icon looks nice, however the rest looks awful. the base armor seems too high IMHO, 3-4 sounds logical.

the description mentioning the duration in your effect column seems redundant since you already have duration column to explain that. kinda makes the description a lot longer and messier. aside from the cool icon, i don't think the effects is quite nice here. she is a moon warrior and yet she just slow based on the primary attribute? is the slow only affect AS or MS or both? i think you can add something here besides the slow and damage.

does the duration for the effects stack? i think the cleave damage is too much. try to compared with BF, Sven, Magnataur or any hero that have cleave attack.

i don't think this kind of pusher ability suits her. not to mention she is a melee hero with moon prowess. try to think something creative to replace this spell. the abilities for the minions seems fine but the AS thingy is too cliche already. hehe

ultimate is just boring as most of the other contestant made the ulti like this. try to twist the spell a bit. find another way on how you could change your primary attribute...i bet you can think of something~

sorry for my poor review skills and i just hope you don't get offended by it. i hope you can fixed this hero idea into something better and good luck.

Visit My Hero Idea Portfolio
I Do Accept Signature Request!

LOTUS V EATER'S HOMEMADE ICONS : CHECK IT OUT NOW!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #203
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

^Hey Lotus, would you give me a review on my entry, too?

I will return it
Old 06-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #204
Lotus V Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiiki View Post
^Hey Lotus, would you give me a review on my entry, too?

I will return it
lucky you, i'm in a good mood today~

nice background story. i like it. do you made it yourself? i just hope i can write something like that in the future...the icon is truly a mash and the ultimate icon is so blurry that i don't like it. i hope you can find another name for the 1st spell thou cause the other 2 (non-ultimate spells) have a nice, 3 letters name (you know what i mean).

stealing max hp from other hero and add it to yours seems weak IMHO since the spell have 6 levels overall (i mean the numbers). stealing max ~150 hp from hero is still fine i guess, considering 6 sec duration with 15 sec cd. not to mention, you lose 2 other attributes to cast this.

i love Tic. proper casting time can saves your a$$ all the time. about the AS thingy, does that affect allied + enemy units within the beam's path? aside from that, i think you could change the comas with a proper dot since that confuse me a lot earlier when i try to read the description...hehehe

the era seems nice but you manipulate the HP again here. i don't like it since you already play with that element in your 1st spell for AGI. maybe you can rework the whole thing as maybe AGI will affect AS, INT will affect Mana and STR will affect HP. it's your own choice.

the basic idea here is superb and i really like it. the penalty cast towards the hero seems very nice also. its like Rupture, where if you stand there, you will sure to get whacked off, while if you try to run away, BS will just smile at you...anyway, this spell doesn't affect magic immune unit right?

kudos to you and good luck~

Old 06-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #205
O_xD

still open to reviews on the footman
Old 06-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #206
Lotus V Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_xD View Post
try to put your ultimate later after the other 3 spells, coz even with a notice you provide there, people still assume that ultimate as your 1st skill thou~ other than that, you should scrap away that Zeus icon and replace it with something else, unless you summoned Mountain King as you slaves here...XD

Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #207
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

^Thx mate Will think of another three letter name that fits the concept (Cycle, as it's not a tic and not an era) Glad you liked the BG story, I made it myself.

I will consider buffing first skill because yeah, anyways HP returns to the hero after duration.

Tic will only affect enemy heroes, I will include that.

Now, for era, well AGI was thought of as a tank-eater, INT as a carry-eater and STR as a caster-eater. Although maybe STR is the less solid concept here, I will try and rework it.

And nope, ulti won't affect magic inmune units.

Returning the review:

I like the concpet, it's a support attribute changing hero, giving a quick look at most of skills.

1st skill is good, as far as I understand it can stop a clash or gank while healing your allies. It's good enough and it's a very original concept.

2nd skill... well it seems meh, I mean, you don't damage that much and it's potentially very OP paired with good ganking heroes. I don't like the effect as it affects the entire game (enemy heroes will have their attributes severely reduced)

3rd skill... Again with the previous concept. It' too OP, I find there are better ways to support your allies than to make them crazy high-atributed beasts. I mean, the concept is good but it's just too unfair. It affects the whole game.

Ulti: Nice turn around to the "change your main attribute" concept but the effect is not suitting. I mean, you'll only be useful if there's a Nessaj or an Urza in your team. Nessaj will clearly benefit from this as you can make him AGI and also Urza, you can make him STR. I mean, paired with those two heroes your hero is great, godlike, but only then. It's too situational. Target Centaur Warchief and he'll be INT, you made his life hell.

Overall, good efort but I think you can polish the concept a lot more. Now, 2nd and 3rd are too OP conceptually speaking and ulti is too situational. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #208
O_xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_xD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus V Eater View Post
try to put your ultimate later after the other 3 spells, coz even with a notice you provide there, people still assume that ultimate as your 1st skill thou~ other than that, you should scrap away that Zeus icon and replace it with something else, unless you summoned Mountain King as you slaves here...XD
I put the ultimate there, but not zeus icon. Lazy, sry gonna replace it tomorrow.
Comments on anything else, or not in the mood for it?
Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #209
Lotus V Eater

@rafiiki
the ultimate is sure looks situational, but if you look at the duration / cooldown, Heist can change his current attribute twice which means he can actually screw 2 enemy heroes within the time or helps 2 allied hero at the same time. i intentionally want to add a subskill here which enable Heist to switch back the attribute, but i don't have time to add that in the mean time...

there are many hero that benefits the attribute switch from this hero aside what you mentioned earlier. medusa can have her mana shield on all the time, wisp can support and spam his imba spell all the times, with a trick you can save a dying hero by swapping your attribute (if it is STR) and vice versa. not to mentioned this ultimate can help you to ruin enemies hero which isn't situational IMHO.

about the 2nd spell and the 3rd spell, i will try to rework on that. thanks for the feedback on my hero.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #210
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

Hey O_xD, if you review mine I review yours

@lotus: Ah, I missed the part where you can cast it on enemies My bad, then it's good, great concept. Although if you make a team with the forementioned heroes (Urza, Nessaj, Medusa, Io and you) it's imba, hell imba. Maybe keep it to enemies only. Screwing up enemies is not as imba as making balanced heroes OP.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #211
Lotus V Eater

Quote:

@lotus: Ah, I missed the part where you can cast it on enemies My bad, then it's good, great concept. Although if you make a team with the forementioned heroes (Urza, Nessaj, Medusa, Io and you) it's imba, hell imba. Maybe keep it to enemies only. Screwing up enemies is not as imba as making balanced heroes OP.
i bet that only happen in PUB games...in series gaming competition, sure those heroes will be banned and i bet my hero will be banned first (if only he gets implemented)...hahaha

anyway, i will try to reduce the imbaness of the spell since i want to stick with having the spell can be targeted to both your allied and enemy hero.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #212
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

^Good luck with that. Seems hard
Old 06-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #213
SECXIIKILLA
Banned

Location: Over there.....you see it? NO! OVER THERE! OGMOGGMOGM CAN'T YOU SEE IT?!?

rafiiki Y U USE GLACIES ICETOUCH??

I looked at your hero and I was really impressed.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:34 AM   #214
Klagger

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
I think you got some typos on the hero title - Lluna Tutor? hurmmm background story not yet added? i always wanted to read those when i review the hero idea as i can get the feel of the hero right away...hahah. the 1st and 2nd spell icon looks nice, however the rest looks awful. the base armor seems too high IMHO, 3-4 sounds logical.

Lluna tutor is "catalan" word translate by google translate....which also mean moon guardian...xD
Sorry about the descr and background story....i'm not good in english...hard to write something interesting....#rd icon and ulti icon i still finding....^^
And the base armor i will lower it...^^

the description mentioning the duration in your effect column seems redundant since you already have duration column to explain that. kinda makes the description a lot longer and messier. aside from the cool icon, i don't think the effects is quite nice here. she is a moon warrior and yet she just slow based on the primary attribute? is the slow only affect AS or MS or both? i think you can add something here besides the slow and damage.
Hmmm...now gonna think something special effect on it...thx for your suggestion 1st...^^

does the duration for the effects stack? i think the cleave damage is too much. try to compared with BF, Sven, Magnataur or any hero that have cleave attack.
Stack?? I think i noted it each PA have different effect on it...^^
About the cleave damage...that why i put orb effect...^^
Nvm...i will consider it...^^

i don't think this kind of pusher ability suits her. not to mention she is a melee hero with moon prowess. try to think something creative to replace this spell. the abilities for the minions seems fine but the AS thingy is too cliche already. hehe
I still thinking this skill whether suit anot...AS thingy would be change ...^^

ultimate is just boring as most of the other contestant made the ulti like this. try to twist the spell a bit. find another way on how you could change your primary attribute...i bet you can think of something~
I thought my ulti idea is unique and something new ....TT
"Heart broken"...XD it is quite sad...Anyways thx for your suggestion....^^

sorry for my poor review skills and i just hope you don't get offended by it. i hope you can fixed this hero idea into something better and good luck.
Ya...i know...^^ thx anyways..^^
Reply with orange colour
Last edited by Klagger; 06-04-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:04 AM   #215
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECXIIKILLA View Post
rafiiki Y U USE GLACIES ICETOUCH??

I looked at your hero and I was really impressed.
LOL I didn't understand the first part

But thanks! Glad you liked the hero I'm still trying to improve it though.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:40 AM   #216
Lotus V Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klagger
Stack?? I think i noted it each PA have different effect on it...^^
About the cleave damage...that why i put orb effect...^^
Nvm...i will consider it...^^
about the stacking, i talking about duration not the effects. i'm very aware of the effects you list there. let say the effect triggered continuously for 3 times, does the duration stacks? that is what i meant by that question.

about your orb effect cleaving damage, that sounds lame (Kunkka can do a lot better with his cleave damage despite the CD). i thought the orb effect is for the different effects you have there...zzzz

Old 06-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #217
Klagger

Suggestion Award 

Quote:

about the stacking, i talking about duration not the effects. i'm very aware of the effects you list there. let say the effect triggered continuously for 3 times, does the duration stacks? that is what i meant by that question.

about your orb effect cleaving damage, that sounds lame (Kunkka can do a lot better with his cleave damage despite the CD). i thought the orb effect is for the different effects you have there...zzzz
The duration do not stack but renew it...hmm...then i will remove the orb effect and the cleave damage to 100% instead....
Old 06-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #218
O_xD

Quote:
Hey O_xD, if you review mine I review yours
Stats: weak, but u get that stat bonus from the skills, so good enough. +1
bg story and intro: I will skip that

1st skill: If you are agi, it's good, other things, well, steals the hp and then gives it back? wtf?. Anyway, good, semi-original. +1 here. And also, direct hp removal isn't damage, so it won't give you an assist if your ally kills the target.

2nd skill: Kewl. No comment. Borrowed time, but with a twist. Increase the cooldown and it will be a +1. a bit imba now so 0 here.

3rd skill: Good, magic resistance+(-magic resistance)+damage if str. not new effects but original triggers of the effects. +1 here.
Also i didn't get if the aura is passive or active. That skill's table you used is really messy.

4th skill: wtf? u have to whait 60 seconds to change attributes. That is just wrong. I like the active part tho, forcing a hero to nuke people for no reason. Idk about this one, i will give it a +0.5

Overall, no coment. Second best hero in this cth.
rating, 1+1+0+1+0.5=3.5/5
Old 06-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #219
GenocYda

Guide Writing Award Suggestion Award 

How funny is that everyone reviews only skills xD

Skills alone are like only 60% of the hero.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #220
Labyrinth Suite

Stats-
Pretty lacking, but I guess it is balanced by Wraithblade, Voidsphere and Absorption, I don't like much forcing someone picking some skills to balance their stats. I think it would be better if you added a "obtain stat" bonus into every skill and lowering the number you obtain.

Voidsphere-
Pretty lethal skill by being Pure, specially with Agility. My fear its the "all status" steal, stealing 12 Strength and 12 Intelligence equal to 120+228 pure damage to a hero with a 156 Mana steal alongside stealing AS by 13% and armor while giving you the sum of those effects after hitting one or two heroes. I like how it is designed, a spammy long ranged nuke which reward the player for being actually able to aim.

Nightmark-
Awesome concept, although I'm not sure if it fits for your hero(who looks a bit more sustained damage rather than burst), but well you are the one to tell how he should be played. I like the effect and the subeffect of the spell, pretty simple, but I'd tone down the Int global effect, make it any visible hero in a 2000 AoE or something, or he will be a top pick because of his ridiculous ganking power. I have questions regarding the "physical" part of the trap damage as I don't see any splash damage when activating trap.

Vengeance-

Psiblades, but with a twist. Really liked the effect, tanking stuff in laning phase results in a free impale every 6 seconds, just the duration that kills me, 4 seconds to obtain a number of hits is either extremely strong (tanking a creepwave) or extremely weak (tanking tiny).

Wraithblade-
The +stats make me a bit mad because it forces people to pick it to cover his status problems. Effectwise, I like the maximum HP/mana lowering, there isn't any skill that does that currently (except for Decay/Essence, but those actually steal strength). Not sure if the agility effect is codeable.
The duration and the repeated application of this skill might be a bit overpowered, just by focusing attacks on someone they would have all damage/lifesteal/healing/mana regen items rendered useless.

Absorption-

Ultimate of the Gods, everyone who uses this effect is a great person with great life. They also are extremely awesome. /shameless plug

tl;dr:
-Wraithblade +stat split into other skills (mainly Vengeance and Nightmark)
-No global marking (global warping is still ok as it would use of traps instead of forcing a mark)
-Voidsphere should be nerfed a bit, even for a skillshot, it is still pretty lethal for the stats steal
-Wraithblade could use a bit of change to not make tons of items useless on a attack

Stats-
Stats obtained through the skills he is currently leveling/using? Tad a bit complicated to keep thinking about it in a game, but still sounds good, since I haven't played the hero yet I don't know how it will work out.

Cycle-

Pretty strong finisher as Agility, but still a skill based around on lifesteal. Does the Max HP steal heals you or only adds the bonus to your max HP? (Also, I think you mistake AoE for Casting Range in the description! 700 AoE drain X_X).

Tic-
Sounds a bit strange. From what I understand, it works as a single hit Abbadon Borrowed Time, but her int effects differ wildly from the spell normal use, summoning a nuke foward that damages and raises BAT? It's original and it is good, but I think it will result in tons of problems regard aiming.

Era-
A AoE spell resistance steal, good, simple. The extra effect on the other hand seems a bit out of control without lowering the cap, 700 spelldamage (even with a delay and costing health) instant nuke is too strong for a non ultimate imho. Other than that, I like this pretty much, Synergize with Tic and Cycle well.

Outburst-
Regarding the "damage dealt" part, radiance and DoTs break this so badly. Without those, it is a pretty nice Curse of the Silent style spell. I'd tone the status increase on kill a bit. I don't have much to say about this skill, I like how it works but I think it is currently perfect, only that radiance and dot problem can be improved.

tl;dr:
-Cycle is with 700 AoE in desc
-Tic aiming issues (facing foward)
-Era cap should be lowered a little
-Outburst being disabled by radiance and DoTs

Stats-
Fine. (I have nothing to say honestly.)

Moon Arc-

Pretty unique aiming, although the "Left arc is magical damage, right arc is physical damage." is unneeded. Pretty good all around dragging skill. I honestly think it should drag creeps too, it would add up to her AoE power and farming.

Arc Strike-
Pretty unique AoE, fitting with concept, interesting disables, except for Full Silence, that power should be left unique to Doom, imho, and making it a full AoE doesn't help. Synergize pretty well with Moon Arc, just the agi effect I find a bit strange since she neither have a turning rate slow (Bat Rider) or a backstab effect (Riki).

Moon's Force-
WHERE DA STAT? The concept of adding a aditional unit to the creepwave is extremely avoided because it backfires quite the same way a broodmother can be backfired by a pitlord, farming problems. Might work but I'm not very interested on it until you change it to make an attribute affect it.

TriPhase-

A bit complicated, but still original. Attribute steal always related, is the triangle always active or only when she changes main attribute?

Stats- Yep, still nothing to say.

Pretty similar to the WoW version of it, I'd prefer if the taunting concept was left with Axe but I guess it would be cool if there were newer heroes with it. Pretty low damage but with long disables, similar to Dragon Knight, but more tanking inclined.

Commander Shout| Berserker Shout | Demoralizing Shout
Seem all of those share the role of being supportive, just a aura-ish effect. Original, but I don't have much to say about it.

For a character who have two skills who supports him being spanked, this skill is quite a twist, not sure what it is supposed to help his role but other than that it is a alright skill.

Stances-
I like them, making every attribute main role stronger.

tl;dr:
-Remove unneeded backfire

Green answers
Will review others when I come back.

Quote:
How funny is that everyone reviews only skills xD

They are the gameplay of the hero, it's common valueing the gameplay over story and other stuff, attributes affect the skills but they aren't so different so it doesn't really need a different review for each of them.

Arthur Lightfall, the Divine of the Hammer
Vereesa, the Elven Commander
Old 06-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #221
O_xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrinth Suite View Post

Stats- Yep, still nothing to say.
Why?

Pretty similar to the WoW version of it, I'd prefer if the taunting concept was left with Axe but I guess it would be cool if there were newer heroes with it. Pretty low damage but with long disables, similar to Dragon Knight, but more tanking inclined.
What do you have against people attacking you. You can change the stance over the duration to whirlwind or whirlwind first and then change the stance.

Commander Shout| Berserker Shout | Demoralizing Shout
Seem all of those share the role of being supportive, just a aura-ish effect. Original, but I don't have much to say about it.
tnx

For a character who have two skills who supports him being spanked, this skill is quite a twist, not sure what it is supposed to help his role but other than that it is a alright skill.
Has to have a nuke. Also helps when you are getting your butt kicked.

Stances-
I like them, making every attribute main role stronger.
tnx

tl;dr:
-Remove unneeded backfire
I won't remove it. Just reduce it for now. Whaiting for more complaints on victory rush tho
Tnx for the review. Answers are orange. Off to changing.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #222
Necamijat

Updated my entry a bit. Does someone mind taking a look?

Hello everybody! I'm back to PD.com. If you need something, just send a visitor message, and I will try to respond to it as soon as possible
Old 06-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #223
Nevfigalo

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenocYda View Post
Are you sure that it is 60%? Maybe it is 55% or 65%?

Just kidding. Being serious, it is at least 95% of the hero. :|
Old 06-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #224
JJE92
Forum Staff

Suggestion Award 

The individual skills by themselves, disregarding how they work together as a hero only make a relatively small part of the hero. The major part is how the skills work together and form a unique hero.

How to find all threads with the search function:
- Disable the option "Also search in child forums"
- Change settings to "Find Posts from Any Date and Older"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero(PS) View Post
voting just for the sake of it is not democracy - voting with consciousness is democracy!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #225
Antonius_Block

Suggestion Award 

Returning reviews

At a first glance, I'm not liking this hero at all. It's overcomplicated and I feel that's just bad for this contest. My hero used to be as complicated as yours but I made it more simple. Naming and descriptions are lame.

All of your stances have a "rush forward" skill. I gotta admit Commander's Shout is a great pre-clash buff, just brilliant. Now, Berserker's Shout = Battle Trance. Whirlwind = Anchor Smash. Victory Rush is just OP. It doesn't matter if it can damage you. 6X critical is just OP. Lower it to 4X.

Now, I said just a few suggestions because my main suggestion will be to make it more simple. Don't change the skills completely, add effects or something.

I see you tried to hide that your hero is over complicated too. All of your skills have different effects too.

1st is a displacement skill and effects seem nice.

2nd is... well I don't like it that much and it also has no synergy.

3rd: No synergy here also.

Ulti is good. It's a twist to the skill and I like it. It's not bad at all but you should work on your other skills.

Hope it helps
Old 06-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #226
NoThlnG

Awesome 

I'm sure GenocYda means from the judging rubric...

Nevertheless, yes, technically, it's just 60%. However, considering main and bonus challenge is almost automatically gives the entry good synergy and gameplay, the actual importance of the skills in this contest would be greater than 60%.

In fact, I think individual abilities will determine at least 75% of the score
Old 06-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #227
GenocYda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThlnG View Post
I'm sure GenocYda means from the judging rubric...

Nevertheless, yes, technically, it's just 60%. However, considering main and bonus challenge is almost automatically gives the entry good synergy and gameplay, the actual importance of the skills in this contest would be greater than 60%.

In fact, I think individual abilities will determine at least 75% of the score
I made that number up, but the point was, that skills ALONE don't make hero. As someone said before, if you put 4 average skills that work very well togeter with good iconset, stats and model, you make way better hero than with 4 great, unique skills, that just don't fit togethet and with sucking iconset, model and stats.

So hero review =/= skills review. If do hero review, then you just have to go deeper than making pure skills review.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #228
Klagger

Suggestion Award 

Quote:

Stats-
Fine. (I have nothing to say honestly.)

Moon Arc-

Pretty unique aiming, although the "Left arc is magical damage, right arc is physical damage." is unneeded. Pretty good all around dragging skill. I honestly think it should drag creeps too, it would add up to her AoE power and farming.

I changed to only drag heroes units...this is because when i drag units too then the intersection point will be "full of units"...^^

Arc Strike-
Pretty unique AoE, fitting with concept, interesting disables, except for Full Silence, that power should be left unique to Doom, imho, and making it a full AoE doesn't help. Synergize pretty well with Moon Arc, just the agi effect I find a bit strange since she neither have a turning rate slow (Bat Rider) or a backstab effect (Riki).
I think full silence is nice then i add as a effect for int//full moon phase...about the agi//lunar eclipse effect...the turn opposite direction, i think it is ok...since just turn them 360 degree around...and may has synergy with force staff...xD

Moon's Force-
WHERE DA STAT? The concept of adding a aditional unit to the creepwave is extremely avoided because it backfires quite the same way a broodmother can be backfired by a pitlord, farming problems. Might work but I'm not very interested on it until you change it to make an attribute affect it.
Really...then i gonna think about another skill for replace it....and the moon ranger have no stat ..it just same like a creep...

TriPhase-

A bit complicated, but still original. Attribute steal always related, is the triangle always active or only when she changes main attribute?
The triangle is always active after learn it...and wont disappear when being silenced or stunned....^^
Reply in orange colour...^^
Anyways thx for for your suggestion...it is very helpful...^^
Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #229
Nevfigalo

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJE92 View Post
The individual skills by themselves, disregarding how they work together as a hero only make a relatively small part of the hero. The major part is how the skills work together and form a unique hero.
Wait. Does "how the skills work together" not belong to skills?

However, it seems that I misunderstood GenocYda's statement. He means invidual skills. Not skills without advanced mechanics.
On the other hand, there is no something like invidual skills/skills alone in Hero creation. It is whole hero skillset or 4 ability ideas.

4 ability ideas are not creating hero so it can't be 60% of the hero.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #230
GenocYda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evfeed View Post
Wait. Does "how the skills work together" not belong to skills?

However, it seems that I misunderstood GenocYda's statement. He means invidual skills. Not skills without advanced mechanics.
On the other hand, there is no something like invidual skills/skills alone in Hero creation. It is whole hero skillset or 4 ability ideas.

4 ability ideas are not creating hero so it can't be 60% of the hero.
No, it belongs to synergy. Synergy is independant part of hero. It's even in rubric if I'am not mistake.

That's wh I say you can't review the hero by reviewing skills only.

I really don't get the red parts, it just makes no sense to me.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #231
Nevfigalo

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
No, it belongs to synergy. Synergy is independant part of hero. It's even in rubric if I'am not mistake.
Rubric means nothing. Are you creating synergy or skills? Independant part of the hero... nope. Are you creating skills and then thinking about synergy? Or do you think about synergy during making the skills.

Hero Creation is 4 skill and advanced statistics like attack range/movement speed/casting point/stats... etc. Advanced statistics are rarely important for hero, they are usually determined by skills and/or balance. It is why skills are over 95% of the hero.

Skills alone are not creating the hero skillset.
I couldn't believe that you think that invidual skills are 60% of the hero.
First you write that people can't review skills alone and then you write that skills alone are 60% of the hero. 60% is quite significant part of the 100%, isn't it? It was misleading.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #232
GenocYda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evfeed View Post
Rubric means nothing. Are you creating synergy or skills? Independant part of the hero... nope. Are you creating skills and then thinking about synergy? Or do you think about synergy during making the skills.

Hero Creation is 4 skill and advanced statistics like attack range/movement speed/casting point/stats... etc. Advanced statistics are rarely important for hero, they are usually determined by skills and/or balance. It is why skills are over 95% of the hero.

Skills alone are not creating the hero skillset.
I couldn't believe that you think that invidual skills are 60% of the hero.
First you write that people can't review skills alone and then you write that skills alone are 60% of the hero. 60% is quite significant part of the 100%, isn't it? It was misleading.
Too lazy to prove my truth.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #233
Labyrinth Suite

Quote:
Returning reviews
I see you tried to hide that your hero is over complicated too. All of your skills have different effects too.

Quote:
You must fulfill one or more following conditions to earn the bonus points.

All normal skills give/gain different effect/number based on primary attributes. The main concept of the skill shouldn't be changed (casting type, cooldown, etc).

OR
Each normal skills should have/gain effect on/from one attributes ONLY.
Trying to hide =/= simplify. I've made it that way because people would think that the hero was three heroes in one, when it is just a role change rather than a whole hero change. And I honestly think if people manage to master 10 skills of Invoker to have a mass caster power then I'm pretty sure people can manage to understand how three skills who behave similarly just to have role changing power.

1st is a displacement skill and effects seem nice.
Thanks. =)
2nd is... well I don't like it that much and it also has no synergy.
It's a role synergy, on STR it's meant to dive in the middle of the enemy team while shielding any melee carry nearby, AGI is supposed for kiting and INT is supposed to be used while spamming 3rd skill to maintain mana regen to heal, INT also use it to apply 3rd skill since the character have 350 attack range. I'll work with it a bit anyhow, was already perking me the fact that STR and AGI were stronger than INT supportwise.

3rd: No synergy here also.
STR- Pulling target and Snaring it at the spot.
AGI- Role synergy, Geminis lack any hormone, so she needs a +damage to make up for the damage she doesn't have. Althought I could probably make it benefit from something else rather than just a normal +damage.
INT- Since main power will come from spammy W, and it is quite mana intensive to keep spamming it, I thought mana steal would be the best way to maintain it.
Although I'm still going to rework it, on hit effects are pretty cool but seeing how you have to behave yourself for an attack makes it a bit of a nuisance.
x_x
Ulti is good. It's a twist to the skill and I like it. It's not bad at all but you should work on your other skills.

Hope it helps
I'll change some stuff, I guess everything is obvious only in retrospect.

Last edited by Labyrinth Suite; 06-05-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #234
ChaoS_ThronE

Suggestion Award 

Tonberry
Dingle

Description: Dingle presents an unique concept of flexibility, although He starts weak, He can steal stats, and adds it permanently, making him getting better and better as he uses the skill more. He has no survivability, but will bring a tremendous curse to anyone who dare to harm him, if he is killed.

In battle, Tonberries slowly walk towards the player's party, and when close use their signature Chef's Knife attack, which either does massive damage or instantly kills a party member. If attacked, they counter with Karma or Everyone's Grudge, doing damage to the attacker based on how many enemies they have slain, the damage increasing as the target party member kills more enemies. Compounding their offensive strength is their high HP, placing Tonberries as extremely dangerous foes.
Final Fantasy

Background Story: Sneaky beings that slowly creep through the darkness carrying knives and lanterns. Their incessant, innocent stare stabs through opponents, pushing them over the brink of despair.
Strength - 12 + [1.0]
Agility - 12 + [1.0]
Intelligence - 12 + [1.0]

Affiliation:Neutral
Damage:10-60
Armor:2
Movespeed:300
Starting HP/MP:378/156
Attack Range:128

Cursed Knife - (Active)
Type: Auto Cast
Targeting: Enemy
Hotkey: R
Dingle struck the Cursed Chef's knife into the target.

ManaCooldownRangeAoEDurationEffectsSTRAGIINT
1152---Deals (5+Dingle's max damage) as pure damage. Deals 30% more damage to creeps.0.1 seconds ministunRemoves 5 MSBurns 10 mana
2151---Deals (10+Dingle's max damage) as pure damage. Deals 36% more damage to creeps.0.2 seconds ministunRemoves 8 MSBurns 15 mana
3150---Deals (15+Dingle's max damage) as pure damage. Deals 42% more damage to creeps.0.3 seconds ministunRemoves 11 MSBurns 20 mana
4150---Deals (20+Dingle's max damage) as pure damage. Deals 48% more damage to creeps.0.4 seconds ministunRemoves 14 MSBurns 25 mana
5150---Deals (25+Dingle's max damage) as pure damage. Deals 54% more damage to creeps.0.5 seconds ministunRemoves 17 MSBurns 30 mana
6150---Deals (30+Dingle's max damage) as pure damage. Deals 60% more damage to creeps.0.6 seconds ministunRemoves 20 MSBurns 35 mana
7150---Deals (35+Dingle's max damage) as pure damage. Deals 66% more damage to creeps.0.7 seconds ministunRemoves 23 MSBurns 40 mana
  • STR/AGI/INT effect depends on dominant main attribute
  • Orb Effect
  • Duration of MS removal last for 8 seconds

Karma - (Passive)
Type: Debuffer
Targeting: None
Hotkey: K
Dingle curses enemy who dare to harm him.

1-----Deals 1*(Difference of Dingle's Main attribute with the attacking unit) as direct HP removal. If the harming damage exceed 100, All of Dingle's stat increases by 0.4, If the harming damage kills Dingle, Deals damage equal to 5*(Total creep kills + (2*hero kills) + denies of attacking unit)Heals 4 HPAdds 4 MSHeals 4 Mana
2-----Deals 1.5*(Difference of Dingle's Main attribute with the attacking unit) as direct HP removal. If the harming damage exceed 100, All of Dingle's stat increases by 0.5, If the harming damage kills Dingle, Deals damage equal to 6*(Total creep kills + (2*hero kills) + denies of attacking unit)Heals 6 HPAdds 6 MSHeals 5 Mana
3-----Deals 2*(Difference of Dingle's Main attribute with the attacking unit) as direct HP removal. If the harming damage exceed 100, All of Dingle's stat increases by 0.6, If the harming damage kills Dingle, Deals damage equal to 6*(Total creep kills + (2*hero kills) + denies of attacking unit)Heals 8 HPAdds 8 MSHeals 6 Mana
4-----Deals 2.5*(Difference of Dingle's Main attribute with the attacking unit) as direct HP removal. If the harming damage exceed 100, All of Dingle's stat increases by 0.7, If the harming damage kills Dingle, Deals damage equal to 7*(Total creep kills + (2*hero kills) + denies of attacking unit)Heals 10 HPAdds 10 MSHeals 7 Mana
5-----Deals 3*(Difference of Dingle's Main attribute with the attacking unit) as direct HP removal. If the harming damage exceed 100, All of Dingle's stat increases by 0.8, If the harming damage kills Dingle, Deals damage equal to 7*(Total creep kills + (2*hero kills) + denies of attacking unit)Heals 12 HPAdds 12 MSHeals 8 Mana
6-----Deals 3.5*(Difference of Dingle's Main attribute with the attacking unit) as direct HP removal. If the harming damage exceed 100, All of Dingle's stat increases by 0.9, If the harming damage kills Dingle, Deals damage equal to 8*(Total creep kills + (2*hero kills) + denies of attacking unit)Heals 14 HPAdds 14 MSHeals 9 Mana
7-----Deals 4*(Difference of Dingle's Main attribute with the attacking unit) as direct HP removal. If the harming damage exceed 100, All of Dingle's stat increases by 1.0, If the harming damage kills Dingle, Deals damage equal to 8*(Total creep kills + (2*hero kills) + denies of attacking unit)Heals 16 HPAdds 16 MSHeals 10 Mana
  • Applies to hero based damage greater than 1
  • STR/AGI/INT effect depends on dominant main attribute
  • The damage is based on the difference of Dingle's main attribute and Opponent's Main attribute
  • Does not affect non hero units, but the STR/AGI/INT effect is applied if Dingle is attacked by non hero units.

Dim Lantern - (Toggle)
Type: Active
Targeting: None
Hotkey: D
Dingle's lantern is filled with malefic curses that allows him to trade portion of his soul to earn Longer Life.

1255---Immobilize Dingle, but gain 3 Max HP and 1 Damage per seconds. Dingle's MP Regeneration is HaltedRespawn Time reduces by 15%Reduces 20% Gold LostDeals 120% Karma Damage If Karma is learnt
2255---Immobilize Dingle, but gain 5 Max HP and 2 Damage per seconds. Dingle's MP Regeneration is HaltedRespawn Time reduces by 20%Reduces 30% Gold LostDeals 140% Karma Damage If Karma is learnt
3255---Immobilize Dingle, but gain 7 Max HP and 3 Damage per seconds. Dingle's MP Regeneration is HaltedRespawn Time reduces by 25%Reduces 40% Gold LostDeals 160% Karma Damage If Karma is learnt
4255---Immobilize Dingle, but gain 9 Max HP and 4 Damage per seconds. Dingle's MP Regeneration is HaltedRespawn Time reduces by 30%Reduces 50% Gold LostDeals 180% Karma Damage If Karma is learnt
5255---Immobilize Dingle, but gain 11 Max HP and 5 Damage per seconds. Dingle's MP Regeneration is HaltedRespawn Time reduces by 35%Reduces 60% Gold LostDeals 200% Karma Damage If Karma is learnt
6255---Immobilize Dingle, but gain 13 Max HP and 6 Damage per seconds. Dingle's MP Regeneration is HaltedRespawn Time reduces by 40%Reduces 70% Gold LostDeals 220% Karma Damage If Karma is learnt
7255---Immobilize Dingle, but gain 15 Max HP and 7 Damage per seconds. Dingle's MP Regeneration is HaltedRespawn Time reduces by 45%Reduces 80% Gold LostDeals 240% Karma Damage If Karma is learnt
  • STR/AGI/INT effect depends on dominant main attribute, and active If Dingle is dead while in this effect Toggled on
  • Bonus lasts for 5 seconds when it's toggled off
  • A 1.5 second delay to prevent abuse
Grudge - (Active, Can be learnt at level 6/11/16/25)
Type: Active
Targeting: Enemy Hero
Hotkey: E
Dingle's inner soul activates, Granting tremendous curse that allows him to take portion of the target's spirit, adding to him

110012060010/60-Deals 90 pure damage and steals (2 + 20% of Enemy Target's STR, AGI, INT) Adds 10% of the total stolen stats permanently to Dingle's statsGrudge Color RedGrudge Color GreenGrudge Color Blue
220012060015/60-Deals 180 pure damage and steals (4 + 30% of Enemy Target's STR, AGI, INT) Adds 10% of the total stolen stats permanently to Dingle's statsGrudge Color RedGrudge Color GreenGrudge Color Blue
330012060020/60-Deals 270 pure damage and steals (6 + 40% of Enemy Target's STR, AGI, INT) Adds 15% of the total stolen stats permanently to Dingle's statsGrudge Color RedGrudge Color GreenGrudge Color Blue
440012060025/60-Deals 360 pure damage and steals (8 + 50% of Enemy Target's STR, AGI, INT) Adds 15% of the total stolen stats permanently to Dingle's statsGrudge Color RedGrudge Color GreenGrudge Color Blue
  • Gives an indicator aura(Grudge Color)
  • Changes Dingle's main attribute equal to the target's main attribute
  • Target losing stat duration/Dingle's gaining bonus stat duration
  • the stat steal counts separately on each attribute

Finished, comments please

Check the blog I posted for previous "CreateThe" contests
Last edited by ChaoS_ThronE; 06-05-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:04 AM   #235
Labyrinth Suite

Oh god not the Tonberries.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #236
SECXIIKILLA
Banned

Location: Over there.....you see it? NO! OVER THERE! OGMOGGMOGM CAN'T YOU SEE IT?!?

C_T please put that in a spoiler.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #237
ChaoS_ThronE

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Oh god not the Tonberries.

I bring unique concept

Old 06-05-2011, 07:01 AM   #238
Straight Flush

Steam: Cap

Karma, bitch
Old 06-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #239
Lotus V Eater

anyone wanna review ma PRIEST?

Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #240
ChaoS_ThronE

Suggestion Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Flush View Post
Karma, bitch
he is squishy, and that makes it equal :P

Defense of the Ancients Suggestions Hero Ideas