Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
sunnymarcell
Banned

Default [Sent-Agi]Cordana Felsong, the Warden

Warden
Cordana Felsong

Description: none

Background Story:Cordana was Maieve Shadowsong's second in command as she chased the escaped prisoner Illidan through Kalimdor and the Outlands. At first a firm supporter of her commander, Cordana slowly realized how Maieve's obsessive hunger for vengance isolated her from her allies and weakened her power. After Maieve was captured, Cordana led her band of Night Elves to safety. With enemies everywhere, her little band utilized teamwork and unity to survive. Once her friends and allies were returned safely to Night Elf lands she joined the fight against the Scourge, armed with her deadly sharp crescent blade, the magic of Elune, and her knowledge that there's safety - and power - in numbers.
Strength - 19 + [2.1]
Agility - 26 + [2.6]
Intelligence - 21 + [1.7]

Movespeed:315
Starting HP/MP:511/273
Attack Range:125(Melee)

Dash - (Active, Target)
Type:Point
Targeting:Enemy, Neutral, Ground
Hotkey:D
Cordana dashes forward, dealing damage with her blade. Cordana encourages her allies with the dash, she heals them. Her allies can easily join Cordana, after he dashes in.

ManaCooldownRangeAoEDurationEffects
1100134004003100 damage on the target, and 50 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies
2110125004003150 damage on the target and 75 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies
3120116004003200 damage on the target and 100 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies
4130107004003250 damage on the target and 125 heal, 15% MS bonus for your allies
  • Damage type: magical
  • Cordana is invulnerable while rushing
  • Your allies receive heal and MS buff in 400 AoE of your starting point
  • Only the primary target receives the damage. If its targetted on ground, no damage dealt.
  • You dont receive the movement speed buff, only the heal.
  • Dash's trail leave a phase trail (like spectre's). Both the trail and the phasability lasts for 5 seconds.

Bless of the Warden - (Active, Target)
Type:Point
Targeting:Ally, Self
Hotkey:T
The Warden blesses a friendly unit, empowering him to fight. Casting range improves per level.

1751045025035+15 damage, and 10% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 50 damage.
2751050025035+20 damage, and 15% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 70 damage.
3751055025035+25 damage, and 20% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 90 damage.
4751060025035+30 damage, and 25% attack speed. Nearby enemy units stunned for 1 second, and receive 110 damage.
  • Damage type: Magical
  • Cordana can target herself

Guardian Owls - (Active, Instant)
Type: Instant
Targeting: None
Hotkey: R
Cordana calls her Owl, to aid her, and her allies in battle.

17540--25Summons an Owl.
27540--25Summons an Owl.
37540--25Summons an Owl.
47540--25Summons an Owl.
  • The Owl flies, has 320 MS, 250/300/350/400 HP, is magic immune, has a 800/800 vision, and gives 70/80/90/100 gold bounty.
  • The Owl will automatically follow Cordana if no order is given to it.
  • Owl's icon:
  • Owl's aura:
    Protection Aura - (Passive, Aura)
    Type: Passive
    Hotkey: R
    The Owl enlightens his allies' heart by his mighty presence.

1---550-+2 armor, 5 HP regeneration
    2---550-+4 armor, 7 HP regeneration
    3---550-+5 armor, 8 HP regeneration, 10% magic resistance
    4---550-+6 armor, 9 HP regeneration, 15% magic resistance
    • The aura fully stacks with other auras.

Safety - (Passive)
Type: Passive
Hotkey: E
The Warden, and her allies can fight better, if they feels themselves in safety.

1---350-+15 MS, 15 HP regeneration, 20% damage reduce for her allies in 800 AoE
2---350-+35 MS, 20 HP regeneration, 25% damage reduce for her allies in 800 AoE
3---350-+55 MS, 25 HP regeneration, 30% damage reduce for her allies in 800 AoE
  • Justification: When in 350 AoE around you, you have more allied units (including you), than enemy units, you receive the
    buff, you are in "safety". Neutrals doesnt count nor as an enemy, nor as an ally. Towers count 2.
  • Cordana does not receives the 20%/25%/30% damage reduce
  • Her allies only receive the damage reduce
  • It checks every 2 seconds, if she is in safety, or not.
==========================================

2011. 06. 16
-Posted thread
06. 17
- Replaced Outburst with Bless of the warden
- Removed forced synergy from Safety
- Removed slow and armor reduce from Dash, added MS bonus
- Tweaked Owl a little bit (removed attack speed aura, but added unclickability)
- Nerfed Safety on early levels
- Changed Dash's hotkey
- Buffed Bless of the Warden's CD, made it autocastable.
06. 19
- Added background story
- Remade Safety
- Nerfed Bless of the Warden a little
06. 20
- Changed Dash's and Bless of the Warden's icon
07. 17
- Buffed Safety
- Rescaled Dash's damage and heal
07. 23
- Nerfed Dash's damage and heal on lvl 2,3,4
- Bless of the Warden now deals damage to nearby enemy units on cast
- Removed Bless of the Warden's autocastability
07. 25
- Remade Guardian Owl
08. 01
- Nerfed Protection Aura's (Guardian Owl's aura) AoE, but improved effects.
08. 02
- Tweaked Dash
- Improved Bless of the Warden's duration
- Nerfed Dash's mana cost
- Nerfed Safety

Feel free to comment!

Special thanks to Strutter, for writing the Background story, and made Dash's and Bless of the Warden's icon.
Last edited by sunnymarcell; 11-13-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Strutter

Suggestion Award 
Default Re: [Sent-Agi]Cordana Felsong, the Warden

Interesting idea with making her more powerful when surrounded by allies (I'm actually working on a hero right now that does exactly the opposite, haha).

I like the first skill, but feel like it does too many things with the stun added by the Ultimate. Is the damage and heal for the units she runs by or at the beginning or end of her dash?

I feel like the second skill just doesn't belong. I don't really see how this synergizes with everything else.

I like the third skill, and the subtle synergy with your ultimate (adds allies).

For the ultimate, I think its overpowered, and it seems kind of redundant with the owls (two basic steroid skills). Obviously you should keep the idea of "safety" since that is core to your hero, but maybe rework things a little bit.

I'll be thinking of a background story suggestion!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Lord_Talron

i am a big fan of epic passive ultis. this is not one
Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
gamerinboxers

Hmm...

Skill 1: Too many things going on imo, you got movement placement, heal, damage, debuff and slow... And how is this skill conceptually fitting to your hero?

Skill 2: A nice skill for tankers, for agi heros? :/

Skill 3: Erm... the owls are really unnecessary... If they just come in and give allies buffs and vision... why even bother with the summons? Seems like its just fancy graphics...

Ulti: B O R I N G.... sorry... but it is... if you are going to make a passive ulti, at least make it interesting or synergy nicely with the other skills.. when I say synergies nicely, it does not mean direct incretive to the other skills, e.g. all your skills double in effect... Basically, what you did is forced synergy instead...

Overall: Skill 1 seems like a Chaser skill on crack with too many effects. Skill 2 seems like a Tanker's skill. Skill 3 seems like a Support skill. and Ulti is just failed... Not sure what direction you are heading with the hero. But at the moment, its a downhill crush potential.

Plague MonstrosityProud HippogryphHydra's Reincarnation (CTH XV)Corrupted Tree of LifeStone SpiritRoyal Zeppelin
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerinboxers View Post
Hmm...

Skill 1: Too many things going on imo, you got movement placement, heal, damage, debuff and slow... And how is this skill conceptually fitting to your hero?

imo it fits warden, since he protects her allies with heal.

Skill 2: A nice skill for tankers, for agi heros? :/

replaced, check it out now

Skill 3: Erm... the owls are really unnecessary... If they just come in and give allies buffs and vision... why even bother with the summons? Seems like its just fancy graphics...

the summons synergies with ulti, since it gives more allied unit

Ulti: B O R I N G.... sorry... but it is... if you are going to make a passive ulti, at least make it interesting or synergy nicely with the other skills.. when I say synergies nicely, it does not mean direct incretive to the other skills, e.g. all your skills double in effect... Basically, what you did is forced synergy instead...

removed forced synergy. if you dont like it, request something, or give me ideas

Overall: Skill 1 seems like a Chaser skill on crack with too many effects. Skill 2 seems like a Tanker's skill. Skill 3 seems like a Support skill. and Ulti is just failed... Not sure what direction you are heading with the hero. But at the moment, its a downhill crush potential.
i want her a tank/semi-carry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strutter View Post
Interesting idea with making her more powerful when surrounded by allies (I'm actually working on a hero right now that does exactly the opposite, haha).

I like the first skill, but feel like it does too many things with the stun added by the Ultimate. Is the damage and heal for the units she runs by or at the beginning or end of her dash?

removed stun. damage only for the target (if no target, no damage). heal for units she runs by (the 150 AoE shows this, its like powershot)

I feel like the second skill just doesn't belong. I don't really see how this synergizes with everything else.

replaced

I like the third skill, and the subtle synergy with your ultimate (adds allies).

For the ultimate, I think its overpowered, and it seems kind of redundant with the owls (two basic steroid skills). Obviously you should keep the idea of "safety" since that is core to your hero, but maybe rework things a little bit.

this is the point when im out of ideas

offer me some remake ideas please

I'll be thinking of a background story suggestion!
i see how u both disliked second skill, i replaced it.
Last edited by sunnymarcell; 06-17-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
ReaC

REVIEW!!!

about the background story, why don't you make it somehow connected to Maieve, the warden in Warcraft?

also, can you specify it's main role please...

1st skill - CHANGE THE HOTKEY OF DASH. there is no such skill in DotA that has a skill which the hotkey is "H", make it "D".

2nd skill - i think it would be much more effective if you lower the cooldwon to about 7-10 and if it's right-clickable

3rd skill - kinda overpowered? has 4 effects(armor,AS,damage bonus and hp regen), i suggest you remove at least 1.

4th skill - very unique skill. although the numbers are too high, lower it a little bit.

t-up. just specify some things about this hero.

VENTUS, WILD ZEPHYR
RUN, HIT, THEN KILL!!!

OTHERS
Old 06-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaC View Post
REVIEW!!!

about the background story, why don't you make it somehow connected to Maieve, the warden in Warcraft?

i epicly fail about writing :\ this is a good idea tho

also, can you specify it's main role please...

1st skill - CHANGE THE HOTKEY OF DASH. there is no such skill in DotA that has a skill which the hotkey is "H", make it "D".

done

2nd skill - i think it would be much more effective if you lower the cooldwon to about 7-10 and if it's right-clickable

5 second cooldown would be op imo, i reduced it to 10

3rd skill - kinda overpowered? has 4 effects(armor,AS,damage bonus and hp regen), i suggest you remove at least 1.

removed attack speed bonus

4th skill - very unique skill. although the numbers are too high, lower it a little bit.

lowered, but with this, i buffed owls' survavibility a bit

t-up. just specify some things about this hero.
thanks. i will review yours too.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Strutter

Suggestion Award 

I have some other ideas for you, but here's a background story idea for now.

Cordana was Maieve Shadowsong's second in command as she chased the escaped prisoner Illidan through Kalimdor and the Outlands. At first a firm supporter of her commander, Cordana slowly realized how Maieve's obsessive hunger for vengance isolated her from her allies and weakened her power. After Maieve was captured, Cordana led her band of Night Elves to safety. With enemies everywhere, her little band utilized teamwork and unity to survive. Once her friends and allies were returned safely to Night Elf lands she joined the fight against the Scourge, armed with her deadly sharp crescent blade, the magic of Elune, and her knowledge that there's safety - and power - in numbers.

Hope that works for ya!

Edit: If you don't care about including Maieve in the background, you could probably shorten the story if its too long
Old 06-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
I have some other ideas for you, but here's a background story idea for now.

Cordana was Maieve Shadowsong's second in command as she chased the escaped prisoner Illidan through Kalimdor and the Outlands. At first a firm supporter of her commander, Cordana slowly realized how Maieve's obsessive hunger for vengance isolated her from her allies and weakened her power. After Maieve was captured, Cordana led her band of Night Elves to safety. With enemies everywhere, her little band utilized teamwork and unity to survive. Once her friends and allies were returned safely to Night Elf lands she joined the fight against the Scourge, armed with her deadly sharp crescent blade, the magic of Elune, and her knowledge that there's safety - and power - in numbers.

Hope that works for ya!

Edit: If you don't care about including Maieve in the background, you could probably shorten the story if its too long
this is perfect

i cant tell how much i thank you
Old 06-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
Strutter

Suggestion Award 

No problem, haha. I'm an English Major so I like that type of stuff. I still have some more suggestions for you; I'll get them to you later today some time.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #11
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
No problem, haha. I'm an English Major so I like that type of stuff. I still have some more suggestions for you; I'll get them to you later today some time.
i changed Safety, as you said, no need for 2 (now 3, cause of Bless of the Warden), so it isnt a steroid spell anymore.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #12
Strutter

Suggestion Award 

I like the change to safety. I still feel like something else could be done, but for now its okay. I love the icon for safety, and think the other icons should match it a bit better. Here are a couple options for your iconset.

Dash

Warden's Blessing

I just recolored the old one for Warden's Blessing, and for Dash I used a picture by 67chrome on Hiveworkshop and recolored/tweaked it.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #13
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
I like the change to safety. I still feel like something else could be done, but for now its okay. I love the icon for safety, and think the other icons should match it a bit better. Here are a couple options for your iconset.

Dash

Warden's Blessing

I just recolored the old one for Warden's Blessing, and for Dash I used a picture by 67chrome on Hiveworkshop and recolored/tweaked it.
thanks

both are better, now it fits somewhat the dark "night elf" theme
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
sunnymarcell
Banned

srsly this thread is so dead, i need to bump it
Old 07-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #15
twoeyedyum

Quote:
Can be targetted on ground, but then no armor reduce, and slow occurs
And if you target it on enemy unit...? You say nothing about armor or slow actually. Forgot to remove that note?!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:18 AM   #16
Sflammable

Location: I live here ---> http://www.playdota.com/forums/members/ya_kami89/

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeyedyum View Post
Forgot to remove that note?!
agree with the dude!! lol

an awesome siggy made by:[AirCon]
Old 07-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #17
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeyedyum View Post
And if you target it on enemy unit...? You say nothing about armor or slow actually. Forgot to remove that note?!
yep, i forgot it. it had slow and armor reduce, but the others said it would have too much effect (slow, -armor, movement replace, damage, heal), so i removed slow and armor, and gave him bonus MS.

thanks for warning
Old 07-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #18
Dalailama

I like the idea, but the grammar!! THE GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER 9000 GRAMMAR ERRORS
Old 07-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #19
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_for_troll View Post
I like the idea, but the grammar!! THE GRAMMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! OVER 9000 GRAMMAR ERRORS
can you please take some time, to highlight the mistakes, and why is that wrong?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 AM   #20
kanzakill

Nothing exceptional but rather solid hero.

Guardian Owls could use an improvement though.

My advertisement suggestions portfolio:
Damned portfolio

Check it out or I'll shoot be sad
Old 07-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #21
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzakill View Post
Nothing exceptional but rather solid hero.

Guardian Owls could use an improvement though.
its just a weaker skill compared to the other 2, what you always max third (like x marks the spot, frozen sigil (it matches with it in mechanics too), presence of the dark lord, etc etc.).

i did what i can with that skill, if something better comes in my mind, i will put in that.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:58 PM   #22
kanzakill

Just reduce the AoE of Protection Aura and improve its effects a bit and you'll get an interesting skill.

My advertisement suggestions portfolio:
Damned portfolio

Check it out or I'll shoot be sad
Old 08-01-2011, 08:55 AM   #23
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanzakill View Post
Just reduce the AoE of Protection Aura and improve its effects a bit and you'll get an interesting skill.
is it good now?
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #24
Vot1_Bear

Suggestion Award 

Not really exciting but it is not bad i think

I won't be doing a full review this time, just some opinions

Do you think ulti will work well with 1st skill? 1st skill is a initiating/chasing skill which isolates you from allies
Do you think ulti MS is really needed? why not give offensive bonus instead?
that 35 regen is SHIT. Seriously, it's a passive. way too strong. It pretty much provides insane regen whenever you're not fighting.

Will your skills work well together? 2nd skill is a single-target buff (similar to purification). It means ally target needs to be near enemies to be effective. You should be able to do it, since you have 1st skill. But that means you will lose Ulti buff, and it's too risky to put owl.

On the other hand, if you choose to march with owl-ulti insaneregen combo, It's less likely your 2nd skill will hit alot of enemies, and 1st skill's long range will become redundant.

You might want to remake a skill, Make it so that after you charge, allies can easily come to your aid (yes, a semi-positioning skill).
E.G. Owl gives MS bonus if you move towards him.
Up to you actually, but i think it's worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie. View Post
I build Satanic on Lucifer and I feel like a God.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #25
Vatiago

^^
I kinda like the idea,but I think it would be to use the Runner model instead of this one to differentiate her from VS even more.
As for the ulti,it reminds me of ATK ???? DEF ????,Yu Gi Oh cards like Slifer haha,your MH owl is not as interesting as your other skills,might want to rmk that one =)

Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #26
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatiago View Post
^^
I kinda like the idea,but I think it would be to use the Runner model instead of this one to differentiate her from VS even more.
As for the ulti,it reminds me of ATK ???? DEF ????,Yu Gi Oh cards like Slifer haha,your MH owl is not as interesting as your other skills,might want to rmk that one =)
runner model has a fucking scroll in her hand, so i used "night elf watcher" model instead.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #27
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot1_Bear View Post
Not really exciting but it is not bad i think

I won't be doing a full review this time, just some opinions

Do you think ulti will work well with 1st skill? 1st skill is a initiating/chasing skill which isolates you from allies

valid point, i will change sumthing in dash

Do you think ulti MS is really needed? why not give offensive bonus instead?

i dont think so she needs an offensive bonus. also she already has a semi-steroid skill, i dont think so she needs another one. before i remade safety it just gave pure DPS. i dont want this character a carry, only maybe a semi-carry

that 35 regen is SHIT. Seriously, it's a passive. way too strong. It pretty much provides insane regen whenever you're not fighting.

just like shadow dance. chemical rage is similar, but that does not give you passive regen, but it gives insane regen when you are in fighting

Will your skills work well together? 2nd skill is a single-target buff (similar to purification). It means ally target needs to be near enemies to be effective. You should be able to do it, since you have 1st skill. But that means you will lose Ulti buff, and it's too risky to put owl.

owl has enough HP, he survives a shitload of hits, since it has regen, and armor. also since it distracts enemies, it will leave you some time to smash. you can just cast bless of the warden on you, if you dash in.

On the other hand, if you choose to march with owl-ulti insaneregen combo, It's less likely your 2nd skill will hit alot of enemies, and 1st skill's long range will become redundant.

the character is good for 2 things, why is that bad?

You might want to remake a skill, Make it so that after you charge, allies can easily come to your aid (yes, a semi-positioning skill).
E.G. Owl gives MS bonus if you move towards him.
Up to you actually, but i think it's worth considering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatiago View Post
^^
runner model has a fucking scroll in her hand, so i used "night elf watcher" model instead.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Vot1_Bear

Suggestion Award 

A hero being good at 2 things is nice, but a hero being split into 2 things (The one part does not help the other one in any way) is not as good imo.

well, looking forward to development

PS: Maybe give a phase trail (spec's dagger trail, but affects allies too(or even enemies if you want)) for 1st skill? allows ninja initiation from forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie. View Post
I build Satanic on Lucifer and I feel like a God.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
Strutter

Suggestion Award 

That's a good idea
Old 08-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #30
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot1_Bear View Post
A hero being good at 2 things is nice, but a hero being split into 2 things (The one part does not help the other one in any way) is not as good imo.

well, looking forward to development

PS: Maybe give a phase trail (spec's dagger trail, but affects allies too(or even enemies if you want)) for 1st skill? allows ninja initiation from forest
good idea, i added that
Old 11-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #31
sunnymarcell
Banned

sorry for bumpin but noone looks at my suggestion page :\
Old 11-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #32
slence

Overpower I think. All skills need number tweaks. Its too freaking imba. Wow 15 passive hp regen at 6?? Did you ever consider item regen, hp regen from stat and hp regen stack with that Owl?? If she have vanguard and Hod, she will have passive hp regen with approximately 40-50 hp regen per second. Not count with that spammable Dash heal. Even with justification it's still imba. T-Up for concept
Last edited by slence; 11-11-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 PM   #33
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slence View Post
Overpower I think. All skills need number tweaks. Its too freaking imba. Wow 15 passive hp regen at 6?? Did you ever consider item regen, hp regen from stat and hp regen stack with that Owl?? If she have vanguard and Hod, she will have passive hp regen with approximately 40-50 hp regen per second. Not count with that spammable Dash heal. Even with justification it's still imba. T-Up for concept
why the hell would anyone make vanguard and hood for a semi-carry/support who has insane survavibility already

well i will consider to nerf owl's hp regen, i'll just wait some other people's opinions
Old 11-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #34
K1RaiN

this is not HoN dude...
Old 11-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #35
slence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymarcell View Post
why the hell would anyone make vanguard and hood for a semi-carry/support who has insane survavibility already

well i will consider to nerf owl's hp regen, i'll just wait some other people's opinions
Cmon man you must count any possibilities. Her ulti Ms buff and damage reduction is imba too. Need number tweak but I am okay with overall concept
Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #36
sunnymarcell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1RaiN View Post
this is not HoN dude...
so what?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #37
sunnymarcell
Banned