Developer's Blog
Register Low Fi Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #1
Dalailama

Default Bloodseeker jungle

First off, I'd like to say I am asking about how is this possible, not if it's viable. So, let's say I start with stout, QB and tangos, now I am not sure what should I do.. Should I pull or get the easy camp before pull is even possible? And then, should I go chokepoint the second medium camp? I am aiming for PMS, Phase, one wraith and level 6 (or higher ofc), in some good time.. Can someone help me with this?

AND AGAIN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT IF THIS IS VIABLE OR WORTH IT
Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Skaloon
Banned

Default Re: Bloodseeker jungle
Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

pull first if possible - if enemy heroes don't fuck you up - if you play pubs it shouldn't be hard - you can double pull too. bs is an easy jugnle hero get lvl 5 by pulling and killign the easy camps and you'll be fine.

get an easier camp like 2 golems or those easier 4 satyrs in lvl3

don't fight centaurs, ursa's and big satyrs or big trolls till lvl5 . be careful with the wolf camp, those crits can fuck you up.
Last edited by Skaloon; 07-26-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
theagg

to jungle BS good, check out how to choke point jungle:
‪Guide: Choke-Point Jungling‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Dalailama

Thanks both, though I know how to choke point, will still watch it.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #5
andrfid

Tried it recently, tangos, stout, QB, taking easy camp at 30 and pulling at 51 - 53 is possible but needs timing (the 305 ms helps ), then choke point satyr or golem, like skaloon said, don't fight centaur or ursa at early levels, wolves can be choked without big danger but don't forget tangos. Take PMS asap.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Pondrac

Jungle exactly same way as with Naix
Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
Dalailama

Ok, thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Unstable

Check medium camps first, if there are golems/satyrs/ogres, kill them, if not, pull then kill the small camp and check for golems/satyrs/ogres until you get stronger to be able to kill other camps.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
qoou

Small camp: chokepoint with two trees cut, if you do it right only 1 range unit can hide behind the chokepoint and shoot at you. But it's less about the chokepoint (easy camps are easy) and more about the ease with which you can stack it (red line). You can go farm the medium camp, come back at 0:55, and bam you have a nice stack.

Medium camp: chokepoint with two trees cut, with the added benefit of being able to easily stack the camp (red line) if there's only one neut still alive (otherwise you can't get out). You can in fact chokepoint it two ways: the way I showed, and by snuggling closer to the camp. If you snuggle closer to the camp, the neuts don't walk around. If you're at exactly the right distance (you have 28 distance leeway I think), you can hit the neuts in the camp without them being able to hit you back; this sadly doesn't work though, since their buddies will walk around.

As for Sentinel, not only are there really easy chokepoints, but there's places for the middle hard camp where you can hit the neuts without them being able to hit you back.

Looking forward to seeing BS jungle in FM's next game .

Edit: Didn't mention, but pulls are obviously optional. Since you can stack camps so easily, you won't need them in the least, so it's up to whether your teammates are failing their lane or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	46667   Click image for larger version

Name:	medium.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	46668  

I surrender the internet to you. Farewell all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleSoul78 View Post
Bai for AX Batlefuri it make you diil mor DEIMIDJ wit spin ent wen u hev mor DEIMIDJ u nid to bai laifstiil for mor HELT POinT. en nol u lifstiil wit mor sple6 DEIMIDJ
Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
Lycan
Forum Staff

You need to choke point it, but make sure you have an exit to get out if the enemy hunts for you. That's the biggest issue with stryg's jungling the risk when being hunted is that you're fucked. Since you need to choke point it or you won't survive the early lvl's. Or you might survive the early levels but die when an enemy come's for you, So it's important to learn the perfect spot to choke point with camp, while still allowing yourself an escape route for incoming ganks.

Death is the only true winner of war
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
WhackaBump

Here's one funny thing that is very useful in jungling with bs and isn't mentioned on the vid. Both screens show how you can use 2 choke points to kill centaur camps early on. The thing is that you tank damage from small cent (with stout it's 60% chance to block his damage completely), but you hit the big one instead and he can't hit you. Not sure about scourge jungle though, mb there are also such places
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spot1.png
Views:	212
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	46672   Click image for larger version

Name:	spot2.png
Views:	167
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	46673  
Old 07-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
Mazoku

Quote:
AND AGAIN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT IF THIS IS VIABLE OR WORTH IT
Just go to the jungle and start killing creeps if you dont care about it beeing worth it.

With QB+tangoes+sout and if an allie buys a courrier it should be pretty easy.

You can even jungle with heroes like pudge, puck and sniper if you want to.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Lycan
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhackaBump View Post
Here's one funny thing that is very useful in jungling with bs and isn't mentioned on the vid. Both screens show how you can use 2 choke points to kill centaur camps early on. The thing is that you tank damage from small cent (with stout it's 60% chance to block his damage completely), but you hit the big one instead and he can't hit you. Not sure about scourge jungle though, mb there are also such places
Those are "bad" choke points, for you have no way to run when you get ganked.

Death is the only true winner of war
Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #14
Pondrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
Those are "bad" choke points, for you have no way to run when you get ganked.
First one is ok, you can just cut tree and run when spotted, but yea, chokepoint on corner tree is much better
On the other camp, I know 3 chokepoints, and all are dangerous when spotted as you can't rly escape well. One on the screen is obviously terribal, coz wards will see you. But there aren't any safe chokepoints in this camp afaik
Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
Mazoku

Quote:
First one is ok, you can just cut tree and run when spotted, but yea, chokepoint on corner tree is much better
On the other camp, I know 3 chokepoints, and all are dangerous when spotted as you can't rly escape well. One on the screen is obviously terribal, coz wards will see you. But there aren't any safe chokepoints in this camp afaik
IDK if they are THAT bad. You should be using chokepoints for the first few levels only, after that you will have enough DPS to be at green all the time...
Most heroes will remain in their lanes (before min 3) so it aint that critical as long as you keep an eye on the minimap.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
Pondrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku View Post
IDK if they are THAT bad. You should be using chokepoints for the first few levels only, after that you will have enough DPS to be at green all the time...
Most heroes will remain in their lanes (before min 3) so it aint that critical as long as you keep an eye on the minimap.
That is true only for low/low-mid pubs. Even in good pubs you will have roamers, while in any good game as soon as they realise that you are jungling with a chokepoint reliant hero they will send single stuner for tour through jungle. Also, on the second choke point, you are visible from 3 common ward spots
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #17
Leadblast
Banned

Too slow to be practical imho.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #18
Mazoku

Quote:
That is true only for low/low-mid pubs. Even in good pubs you will have roamers, while in any good game as soon as they realise that you are jungling with a chokepoint reliant hero they will send single stuner for tour through jungle. Also, on the second choke point, you are visible from 3 common ward spots
1 of all, a single stuner/romaer (ho is posible to be lowe level than BS) wont be able to take out blood with PMS. In the replay atached you can see how i got it after the 1 neutral camp i kill beeing at full hp at all time.

2 Blood is no choke point reliant hero. He can jungle without using that strategy with no problems at all. In fact, chokepoint past level 5 is counter productive most of the time with BS.

-----------------

In the replay i atached i used no chokepoints. MOROVER, i bought my wards (starting from min -2) every 6 min to prevent ganks from enemies and planted them myself.
I also bought an early TP (before level 6 i think) just in case an allie needs help or to ks-gank with rupture.

I leveled up silence on level 2 (to asist the botom lane just in case they needed me to net the kill).

On top of that, i never leveled up blood bath to level 4 (i leveled thirst+bloodrage instead) because i was at green health at all time.

I never overused bloodrage to increase my farming speed, because i wanted to have mana "just in case" something like a gank comes up and i needed to TP.

-

I failed some stacks because i am not used to plaing BS that much, but i got 8225 gold worth of items in the end wich is kind of low (23 mins radi+PT+PMS+Wraith band+QB+TP... wards not taken into acount)

If you take into acount that i played an agressive/suport BS (early TP+lots of gold and time placing wards) and missed some stacks, you will be able to see that BS is no choke point reliant hero.

-------------

Jungle with BS is one of the easiest task out there, dunno why not_for_troll asked for help.
But it is just as leadblast said it is too slow... Dussa can farm 100x better if you just give her 10 mins of farm.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 AM   #19
Kris

It's certainly possible

But it is stupidly slow, especially compared to his farm-rate in most 1vs1's

SatireTrolling: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:10 AM   #20
Pondrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku View Post
1 of all, a single stuner/romaer (ho is posible to be lowe level than BS) wont be able to take out blood with PMS. In the replay atached you can see how i got it after the 1 neutral camp i kill beeing at full hp at all time.

2 Blood is no choke point reliant hero. He can jungle without using that strategy with no problems at all. In fact, chokepoint past level 5 is counter productive most of the time with BS.

-----------------

In the replay i atached i used no chokepoints. MOROVER, i bought my wards (starting from min -2) every 6 min to prevent ganks from enemies and planted them myself.
I also bought an early TP (before level 6 i think) just in case an allie needs help or to ks-gank with rupture.

I leveled up silence on level 2 (to asist the botom lane just in case they needed me to net the kill).

On top of that, i never leveled up blood bath to level 4 (i leveled thirst+bloodrage instead) because i was at green health at all time.

I never overused bloodrage to increase my farming speed, because i wanted to have mana "just in case" something like a gank comes up and i needed to TP.

-

I failed some stacks because i am not used to plaing BS that much, but i got 8225 gold worth of items in the end wich is kind of low (23 mins radi+PT+PMS+Wraith band+QB+TP... wards not taken into acount)

If you take into acount that i played an agressive/suport BS (early TP+lots of gold and time placing wards) and missed some stacks, you will be able to see that BS is no choke point reliant hero.

-------------

Jungle with BS is one of the easiest task out there, dunno why not_for_troll asked for help.
But it is just as leadblast said it is too slow... Dussa can farm 100x better if you just give her 10 mins of farm.
He is reliant of chokepoints in the first 2 levels. Can't take most of medium camps without it, therefore you are limited to small camps. You solved that problem by pulling, which I personally hate, maybe because I often play with observers and neuts have gay behavior with them in the game.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 AM   #21
No_Worries

BS is a pretty powerful solo and needs the fast levels; why not just put him there
Old 07-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #22
Facebook

Start at level 3 with a lvl2 blood bath, buy poor mans shield, one quelling blade, one healing salve, and even maybe a phase boots. Avoid attacking higher level camps, Profit.

btw, here's a tip:
- Lvl3 = Kill easy and slight easy camps (like satyrs and kobolds)
- Lvl 5 = Kill medium camps (like furblogs and wildkins)
- Lvl 7 - Kill high level camps (like dragonspawn and thunder lizards)

Also read and watch this video: Guide to Troll perfect junggling
Last edited by Facebook; 07-27-2011 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:43 AM   #23
phungboy

Actually, if you're gonna jungle, there's really no point in getting PMS because IMO it's only useful for early game laning, and doesn't really have much benefit for jungling.
Might as well go for a vang if you feel you don't have enough survivability or just leave the stout and get other items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Worries View Post
BS is a pretty powerful solo and needs the fast levels; why not just put him there
Because proper jungling gives nearly as much exp as a solo lane, which you can give up to someone who needs it more and free up a lane for solo.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 AM   #24
Mazoku

Quote:
He is reliant of chokepoints in the first 2 levels. Can't take most of medium camps without it, therefore you are limited to small camps. You solved that problem by pulling, which I personally hate, maybe because I often play with observers and neuts have gay behavior with them in the game.
If the problem is pulling (i only pulled twice i think, first pull at min ~1:15 is mandatory to get the maximum amount of exp/gold posible with BS at early levels), just dont buy wards and get 6 tangoes. It is more than likely that without getting wards you will get much more gold and levels by the 22 min mark solo jungle.

I think it is easily doable with just one pack, but whatever.

Point beeing he is far from beeing "chokepoint reliant".
Old 07-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #25
Dalailama

Well, I will try this just in garena, no RGC or something, where they actually sometimes buy wards and place them to counter me. Thanks all, I didn't know about the Cent camp trick. Oo
Old 07-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #26
Pondrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_for_troll View Post
Well, I will try this just in garena, no RGC or something, where they actually sometimes buy wards and place them to counter me. Thanks all, I didn't know about the Cent camp trick. Oo
It's not only usable against cents, you can kill alpha wolves with this trick too, as well as most big camps and ancient camps
Old 11-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #27
Tobe

welcome to the jungle
lol
Old 11-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #28
kPhoenix

stout qb tango is indeed the optimal starting items, there is no need to stack camps early game
Old 11-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #29
Setsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaloon View Post
pull first if possible - if enemy heroes don't fuck you up - if you play pubs it shouldn't be hard - you can double pull too. bs is an easy jugnle hero get lvl 5 by pulling and killign the easy camps and you'll be fine.

get an easier camp like 2 golems or those easier 4 satyrs in lvl3

don't fight centaurs, ursa's and big satyrs or big trolls till lvl5 . be careful with the wolf camp, those crits can fuck you up.
Pretty much this. The only thing I find, is that the gnoll's poison tends to take a toll on your hp too, so becareful of them. Aside from that, just pull when possible early on and rice the easy camps.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #30
chrisLAH

Should really be in a solo lane to get to lvl 6 ASAP to start ganking, doesn't really need farm.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #31
was123-razor

Satyr, Wolfs and Golem are the better for kill with bloodseeker.

DotA Player-----------OK!
DotA 2 Beta Player----OK!!
Better Computer------T_T
Old 11-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #32
tyanavenged

are you going to make naix mad? haha
Old 11-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #33
Snoopyh

starting from easy camps and stacking when you can + pulling, almost any hero can jungle in my opinion =)
Old 11-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #34
fastforward2

you can pull the creep to the line

or

cut some tress near the camp, lurk the creep in, and hit them while you're hiding between the trees.
well not working againts ranged creep

blood bath + quelling + stoutshield
or maybe poorman only, you can by quelling later
Old 11-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #35
Epicwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobe View Post
welcome to the jungle
lol
1st of all, pointless post
2nd, necro
wtf?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #36
BorisPeace-

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrfid View Post
Take PMS asap.
How does PMS help -.-
Thinking outside the box: Disassemble
-----------------------------------------------
Turkish DotA Map Translation Leader
Dota 2 Turkish Translation Mod
PD Suggestions Mod Wannabe o.o
Old 11-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #37
ShockSanity

Use the Choke point strategy, keep away from the trolls due to higher dps, they will shred you early game.
  Defense of the Ancients Game Strategy